PDA

View Full Version : Royals Free George Brett Cards for a worthy home

BigRedChief
07-18-2014, 04:12 PM
Cleaning out stuff. You pay the shipping if you are not local.

Some good cards. They were valuable at one time. Obviously the value these days is that they are George Fucking Brett. Someone should have them who would appreciate them more than myself.

gblowfish
07-18-2014, 04:18 PM
I would love to have them. Maybe I can trade you something for them? PM me.

SuperChief
07-18-2014, 04:28 PM
I'd love to have them, too. My good buddy has a 4 year old that would go nuts over these.

gblowfish
07-18-2014, 04:34 PM
Aw man...now if I take them from a four year old, I'm a bad guy......

lewdog
07-18-2014, 04:35 PM
That's some badass shit right there. I'd vote to give it to some kid if you can find one who cares enough about vintage Royals.

cabletech94
07-18-2014, 04:40 PM
just went back to my childhood home. i brought back a large collection of cards for my 7 y.o.
kiddo went nuts!! he friggin' loved them. looks like i'll be buying cards again.

nice cards!!!

The Franchise
07-18-2014, 04:46 PM
Aw man...now if I take them from a four year old, I'm a bad guy......

Split up the haul between the two of you.

gblowfish
07-18-2014, 04:50 PM
Split up the haul between the two of you.

Nah, that's OK. Better if a kid gets them. As long as it's legit. I've see dads send their kids down to the front to get Chiefs autographs on stuff, then that stuff winds up on EBay a few days later....

wazu
07-18-2014, 04:55 PM
I'd love to have them, too. My good buddy has a 4 year old that would go nuts over these.

You've gotta be shitting me. You don't give those cards to a 4 year old. EVER. And this one isn't even yours.

I rule in favor of gblowfish. There should be no guilt involved.

SuperChief
07-18-2014, 04:59 PM
You've gotta be shitting me. You don't give those cards to a 4 year old. EVER. And this one isn't even yours.

I rule in favor of gblowfish. There should be no guilt involved.

It's not about actually giving them to a 4 y/o. The dad and I were going to show them to him, then put them away as a keepsake for when he can appreciate them when he's older. I'm not a idiot.

Also, no guilt intended in any direction. If you'd appreciate them more, then go for it. No big deal either way.

wazu
07-18-2014, 05:02 PM
It's not about actually giving them to a 4 y/o. The dad and I were going to show them to him, then put them away as a keepsake for when he can appreciate them when he's older. I'm not a idiot.

Also, no guilt intended in any direction. If you'd appreciate them more, then go for it. No big deal either way.

Okay. I would still need a personal guarantee that said 4 year old is on a sure-fire, can't-miss path to become an obsessive Royals fan. Dad being a season ticket holder would probably suffice.

gblowfish
07-18-2014, 05:08 PM
It's OK if the kid gets them. That's a good thing. Except the poor little guy's going to grow up with 30 years of frustration like his old man....

SuperChief
07-18-2014, 05:11 PM
Okay. I would still need a personal guarantee that said 4 year old is on a sure-fire, can't-miss path to become an obsessive Royals fan. Dad being a season ticket holder would probably suffice.

I went to his first tee ball game a few weeks ago; his father and I both agreed that his hustle and hand-eye coordination can improve, but overall, he was on his game. His team lost, which I think is pretty indicative of a true Royals mindset at an early age LMAO

BigRedChief
07-18-2014, 07:55 PM
It's OK if the kid gets them. That's a good thing. Except the poor little guy's going to grow up with 30 years of frustration like his old man....You were first in. You sure?

Mr. Flopnuts
07-18-2014, 08:01 PM
I vote Blowfish. We know what a diehard long suffering fan he is. No offense superturtle. We're doing that kid a favor steering him away from the Royals.

gblowfish
07-18-2014, 08:03 PM
You were first in. You sure?

If they go to the kid, I'm OK with that. If that falls through, I'll take it.

It's always about the kids, you know? Like catching a foul ball next to a five year old. You gotta give the ball to the kid.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
07-18-2014, 08:04 PM

Fuck off, line cutter.

BigRedChief
07-18-2014, 08:22 PM
If they go to the kid, I'm OK with that. If that falls through, I'll take it.

It's always about the kids, you know? Like catching a foul ball next to a five year old. You gotta give the ball to the kid.
http://memecrunch.com/meme/2ATCK/alrighty-then/image.png

cosmo20002
07-19-2014, 12:37 AM
How about three-year-old? I know a three-year-old!

Seriously though, I recently parted with a whole bunch of my now mostly-worthless BB cards :( (geez, I really should have sold them in the late 80s) but I kept all my Royals stuff and a few other favorites. If you need to clear any more space...;)

UL Washington
07-19-2014, 12:56 AM
To be honest it's hard to believe a 4 year old would give a shit about George Brett who last played 20 years ago, or baseball cards which nobody has given a shit about in 20 years... I'm thinking a 4 year old is mostly interested in Elmo, cookies, and shitting themselves...

07-19-2014, 01:05 AM
Damn, I missed out. Damn fine collection. I'd be framing that. I have a few mounted and this would have been badass to have with them.