PDA

View Full Version : Football Chargers release Larry English

RunKC
07-22-2014, 01:19 PM
@AdamSchefter: Chargers released former first-round pick Larry English.

Keep in mind that only 2 days ago Gadzooks was pumping this slapdick up

ptlyon
07-22-2014, 01:20 PM
Is Bobby French available?

Bufkin
07-22-2014, 01:20 PM
Still better than Dee Ford.

Halfcan
07-22-2014, 01:21 PM
who?

ThaVirus
07-22-2014, 01:31 PM
I seriously can't name anyone in their front 7.

T'eo? Freeney, I think.

That's all I've got..

OldSchool
07-22-2014, 01:31 PM
Yup. Was gonna happen sooner or later.

Discuss Thrower
07-22-2014, 01:32 PM
Bring him in...?

Bufkin
07-22-2014, 01:33 PM

T'eo? Freeney, I think.

That's all I've got..
Manti T'eo and Lennay Kekua in the middle, with Freeney and Ingram on the outside.

BullJunkandIron
07-22-2014, 01:35 PM
I wonder why they drafted him in the first place? I guess they are asking themselves the same question now.

Bufkin
07-22-2014, 01:37 PM
I wonder why they drafted him in the first place? I guess they are asking themselves the same question now.
The same reason we drafted names like Ryan Sims, Sylvester Morris, Trezelle Jenkins, and Todd Blackledge. Sometimes you just fuck up.

Reerun_KC
07-22-2014, 01:38 PM
Bring him in...?

Took 7 posts for the traditional bring in the broke dick post...

This place is slipping....

Discuss Thrower
07-22-2014, 01:42 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Denver Broncos designated tight end Joel Dreessen as released/failed physical, the team announced.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/491669197819101184">July 22, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bring him in...?

Wildcat2005
07-22-2014, 01:44 PM

T'eo? Freeney, I think.

That's all I've got..

Teo and Freeney aren't any good

Donald Butler and Corey Liuget are good

The rest though yea are pretty bad

Dunerdr
07-22-2014, 01:44 PM
Who

Reerun_KC
07-22-2014, 01:48 PM

Can any other fanbase name the front 7 of the Chiefs? 85% of this fanbase cant even name our own....

RealSNR
07-22-2014, 01:50 PM

T'eo? Freeney, I think.

That's all I've got..

They just drafted Jeremiah Attaochu, who will either be balls fuck awesome or shitty shit awful

ModSocks
07-22-2014, 01:51 PM

Freeney was actually looking really good prior to his injury. Teo had a stronger 2nd half of the season after a poor start.

Don't forget about Melvin Ingram either.

They have some decent young talent. It'd be a mistake to simply dismiss them as talentless.

John Dope
07-22-2014, 01:53 PM
English sucks

RealSNR
07-22-2014, 01:55 PM
Can any other fanbase name the front 7 of the Chiefs? 85% of this fanbase cant even name our own....

Can any fanbase name the front 7 of ANY other team? Even the teams that are perennial playoff contenders?

Those fans have just as good at naming the Chiefs' front 7 as they do another team's. In fact I'd argue it's near the top of the league in terms of recognizable front 7s. Four of our front 7 were Pro Bowl selections.

ptlyon
07-22-2014, 01:55 PM
English sucks

Speak Spanish then, see if I care

Wildcat2005
07-22-2014, 01:56 PM
Freeney was actually looking really good prior to his injury. Teo had a stronger 2nd half of the season after a poor start.

Don't forget about Melvin Ingram either.

They have some decent young talent. It'd be a mistake to simply dismiss them as talentless.

I will have to disagree with you about Freeney looking "really good"
He looked good in TC but only had what half a sack before he got hurt?

Melvin Ingram has 2 sacks in 2 years

Teo was better in the second half but that is not saying much because he was a joke in the first. Even if the second half he didn't look like a three down NFL starter.

I am not saying they don't have talent, but right now outside of Butler and Luiget there are a whole lot of ?s on that front seven

ThaVirus
07-22-2014, 01:57 PM
Ah, yeah, I know Ingram, Liuget (or however the fuck you spell his name- he's the fatty who "ran down" Jamaal on his long gainer in our first game), and Butler.

Fuck all those guys.

ThaVirus
07-22-2014, 02:00 PM
Can any fanbase name the front 7 of ANY other team? Even the teams that are perennial playoff contenders?

Those fans have just as good at naming the Chiefs' front 7 as they do another team's. In fact I'd argue it's near the top of the league in terms of recognizable front 7s. Four of our front 7 were Pro Bowl selections.

I'm a bit different because I play a lot of Madden (seriously.. that helps you learn rosters) and do nothing but watch football all day long on Sundays.

The Chargers just have a blue collar type defense. Flowers is probably their biggest name defender now.

RealSNR
07-22-2014, 02:01 PM
Also, that's hilarious about Gadzooks.

I like the dude a lot, but he's got Homer Denial Syndrome in the worst way. He really needs to see a therapist about that.

John Dope
07-22-2014, 02:02 PM
Speak Spanish then, see if I care

Ingles es una mierda

RealSNR
07-22-2014, 02:04 PM
I'm a bit different because I play a lot of Madden (seriously.. that helps you learn rosters) and do nothing but watch football all day long on Sundays.

The Chargers just have a blue collar type defense. Flowers is probably their biggest name defender now.

Quick, give me the Jaguars' front 7. No peeking!

scho63
07-22-2014, 02:07 PM
Something strange here.....maybe an off field problem?

ThaVirus
07-22-2014, 02:09 PM
Quick, give me the Jaguars' front 7. No peeking!

You're a horrible person!

I've got about 200 games of Madden 25 under my belt but 195 of them are playing with the Chiefs..

Pozlusny or whatever the fuck is the only one worth a shit. I know they had Jason Babin at one point in time. They added Red Bryant as well, I believe.

Yep. That's all I got.

RealSNR
07-22-2014, 02:11 PM
You're a horrible person!

I've got about 200 games of Madden 25 under my belt but 195 of them are playing with the Chiefs..

Pozlusny or whatever the fuck is the only one worth a shit. I know they had Jason Babin at one point in time. They added Red Bryant as well, I believe.

Yep. That's all I got.

I can add Tyson Alualu. And now I'm spent as well.

But I would have missed Pozluszney, too. I think Babin got cut, but yeah, he was definitely there last year.

Bufkin
07-22-2014, 02:13 PM
Ziggy Hood. Do they still have Darryl Smith? ****, I don't know.

ThaVirus
07-22-2014, 02:15 PM
The offseason is also a tough time with a lot of guys moving around.

Wildcat2005
07-22-2014, 02:21 PM
Daryl Smith signed with the Ravens I think last year

I know they also signed Chris Clemons this offseason
If healthy he could be good for them

Red Dawg
07-22-2014, 02:23 PM
The same reason we drafted names like Ryan Sims, Sylvester Morris, Trezelle Jenkins, and Todd Blackledge. Sometimes you just **** up.

Good grief. Jenkins, Morris and Blackledge were like a thousand years ago. Get over it. Bitch about Jackson and Baldwin if you are going complain.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-22-2014, 02:38 PM

:spock: yeah no talent there whatsoever. Only 4 all pro caliber guys.

Bufkin
07-22-2014, 02:39 PM
Good grief. Jenkins, Morris and Blackledge were like a thousand years ago. Get over it. Bitch about Jackson and Baldwin if you are going complain.
I'm not complaining dickbutt, I was just using them as an example in regards to top draft picks not always working out.

tecumseh
07-22-2014, 02:43 PM
He must really stink not to make that crapstick line.

GoChargers
07-22-2014, 02:43 PM
Another AJ Smith bust finally gone.

GoChargers
07-22-2014, 02:45 PM
Flowers is probably their biggest name defender now.

Weddle is a "name," IMO, or at least he should be.

MagicHef
07-22-2014, 02:48 PM

Poe
DeVito
Walker?
Hali
Houston
Johnson
...uh...

Wait. Is it Joe Mays?! LMAO

tecumseh
07-22-2014, 02:49 PM
Yea, Weddle can make some plays.

IamBATMAN
07-22-2014, 02:50 PM
I'm not complaining dickbutt, I was just using them as an example in regards to top draft picks not always working out.

Ha....dickbutt. I googled that and the pic is exactly what I expected.

tecumseh
I slotted Catapano and spaced DeVito. I suck.

Bufkin
Ha....dickbutt. I googled that and the pic is exactly what I expected.
You googled dickbutt? LMAO ROFL

IamBATMAN
07-22-2014, 02:53 PM
You googled dickbutt? LMAO ROFL

Sadly yes...I have 10 min of work left for the day and was killing time. It made me smile:)

Frosty
07-22-2014, 02:57 PM
Yea, Weddle can make some plays.

Though not as many as he used to, now that Cassel's gone.

Red Dawg
07-22-2014, 03:23 PM
Still better than Dee Ford.

Yeah right. Dee Ford already a bust.

ThaVirus
07-22-2014, 03:30 PM

He is. He hasn't played as well as he has in the past but I guess Flowers hasn't either..

Bufkin
07-22-2014, 03:41 PM
Yeah right. Dee Ford already a bust.
Satire is like poison ivy. Some get it, others don't.

thabear04
07-22-2014, 03:55 PM
The same reason we drafted names like Ryan Sims, Sylvester Morris, Trezelle Jenkins, and Todd Blackledge. Sometimes you just **** up.

Or Kevin Robinson who was gonna be our KR/PR man.

Gadzooks
07-22-2014, 04:06 PM
Also, that's hilarious about Gadzooks.

I like the dude a lot, but he's got Homer Denial Syndrome in the worst way. He really needs to see a therapist about that.

Wait, What?!? All I've said is most teams would like him in their rotation if healthy, (and I stated that he rarely was).

You, plainly, posted my thoughts on the matter when you mentioned Jeremiah Attaochu.

A.J. had 3 consecutive years of 1st round busts WR "Buster" Davis (2007-30th). CB Antoine Cason (2008-27th) and OLB English (2009-16th). Davis and English were both injury nightmares, (Cason just kinda sucks and was allowed to walk in F.A.).

The bottom line is the Chargers front 7 should be a lot better next year if healthy. I'm not delusional enough to think their pass rush will be as vaunted as the Chiefs, but, if they were to field a healthy group, they'll be far more competitive than last year.

BTW - Does it mean I have "Homer Denial Syndrome" if I'm rocking back and forth in the fetal position as I type this post?

beach tribe
07-22-2014, 04:10 PM

Everyone in the league knows who our NT, and two rush backers are.
Probably our rookie rush backer too. Oh, and then there's DJ.

4 pro bowlers. And a 1st rounder.
I'd say we rank up there pretty high in terms of notoriety.

RealSNR
07-22-2014, 04:21 PM
Wait, What?!? All I've said is most teams would like him in their rotation if healthy, (and I stated that he rarely was).

You, plainly, posted my thoughts on the matter when you mentioned Jeremiah Attaochu.

A.J. had 3 consecutive years of 1st round busts WR "Buster" Davis (2007-30th). CB Antoine Cason (2008-27th) and OLB English (2009-16th). Davis and English were both injury nightmares, (Cason just kinda sucks and was allowed to walk in F.A.).

The bottom line is the Chargers front 7 should be a lot better next year if healthy. I'm not delusional enough to think their pass rush will be as vaunted as the Chiefs, but, if they were to field a healthy group, they'll be far more competitive than last year.

BTW - Does it mean I have "Homer Denial Syndrome" if I'm rocking back and forth in the fetal position as I type this post?

It means you cackle all the time about Chiefs fans being homers on the most skeptical Chiefs fan message board on the internet.

All of that is a deflection away from what you really believe about the Chargers-- that they're always underrated and awesome and that even when they underachieve, they're the best team in the history of the NFL that wasn't successful enough.

ThaVirus
07-22-2014, 04:28 PM
I don't think Joe Schmo, the average fan of _____ team outside of the AFC West, could name Dontari Poe off the top of their head. He hasn't quite entered household name territory. Dee Ford is a late first rounder; I think he's in the same category. I'm sure once you named them then the people would recognize the name..

But I think the most you would get off the top is Houston, Hali, and DJ.

Bufkin
07-22-2014, 04:28 PM
I don't think Joe Schmo, the average fan of _____ team outside of the AFC West, could name Dontari Poe off the top of their head. He hasn't quite entered household name territory. Dee Ford is a late first rounder; I think he's in the same category. I'm sure once you named them then the people would recognize the name..

But I think the most you would get off the top is Houston, Hali, and DJ.
Obama was talking up Poe prior to the draft. That screams household to me.

Gadzooks
07-22-2014, 05:02 PM
It means you cackle all the time about Chiefs fans being homers on the most skeptical Chiefs fan message board on the internet.

All of that is a deflection away from what you really believe about the Chargers-- that they're always underrated and awesome and that even when they underachieve, they're the best team in the history of the NFL that wasn't successful enough.

Your opinion of the fans on this board is skewed by the fact that you're the leader of the skeptics. There're plenty of members who spew bullshit out of their ass regarding both the Chiefs and the Chargers.

The level of ignorance is often disturbing.

I'm sure you know people in your life where you have a reasonable discussion and they seem to agree with your opinion, yet they turn around and take actions that are the opposite of what you discussed.

I'm not sure if these instances are a result of low IQ, immense conditioning or both.

Either way, I tend to pipe up in the Football threads when I see a post saying "Phyllis Rivers is goin back down to the bottom 3rd of QBs, He's a whiny bitch. Woot!"

While you may not post such asinine opinions, many of your brethren do. I feel it's my responsibility to attempt to dispel their idiotic notions.

My opinion of the Chargers is no where near your analysis as I have no contradictions related to them being both underrated and underachieving. They are the bane of my existence as I'm sure the Chiefs are for you.

Just Passin' By
07-22-2014, 05:06 PM
Your opinion of the fans on this board is skewed by the fact that you're the leader of the skeptics. There're plenty of members who spew bullshit out of their ass regarding both the Chiefs and the Chargers.

The level of ignorance is often disturbing.

I'm sure you know people in your life where you have a reasonable discussion and they seem to agree with your opinion, yet they turn around and take actions that are the opposite of what you discussed.

I'm not sure if these instances are a result of low IQ, immense conditioning or both.

Either way, I tend to pipe up in the Football threads when I see a post saying "Phyllis Rivers is goin back down to the bottom 3rd of QBs, He's a whiny bitch. Woot!"

While you may not post such asinine opinions, many of your brethren do. I feel it's my responsibility to attempt to dispel their idiotic notions.

My opinion of the Chargers is no where near your analysis as I have no contradictions related to them being both underrated and underachieving. They are the bane of my existence as I'm sure the Chiefs are for you.

You love to troll the hell out of the Chiefs fans. Don't cheapen it with bullshit excuses.

Saccopoo
07-22-2014, 05:06 PM

T'eo? Freeney, I think.

That's all I've got..

They drafted Jeremiah Attaochu from Georgia State. Like the guy a lot. Should be immediately penciled in as starter at one of the OLB spots at this point.

Saccopoo
07-22-2014, 05:08 PM
They just drafted Jeremiah Attaochu, who will either be balls **** awesome or shitty shit awful

Poop.

I think he's going to be pretty balls. Showed good range and was really violent in his tackles. Good sideline to sideline speed and was effective in the drop back drills at the Combine.

He's got a lot of upside IMO and one of the guys I would have like to have seen the Chiefs draft with their first round pick.

Saccopoo
07-22-2014, 05:09 PM

Should be. He's the best free safety in the NFL.

ThaVirus
07-22-2014, 05:12 PM
Should be. He's the best free safety in the NFL.

Better than Earl Thomas and Devin McCourty? Come on now..

OldSchool
07-22-2014, 05:12 PM
Poop.

I think he's going to be pretty balls. Showed good range and was really violent in his tackles. Good sideline to sideline speed and was effective in the drop back drills at the Combine.

He's got a lot of upside IMO and one of the guys I would have like to have seen the Chiefs draft with their first round pick.

I liked Attaochu a lot more than I liked Ford as well. But oh well, we'll see what happens.

Gadzooks
07-22-2014, 05:13 PM
You love to troll the hell out of the Chiefs fans. Don't cheapen it with bullshit excuses.

I've noticed that you like to do the same. Where's my "bullshit" excuse?

Just Passin' By
07-22-2014, 05:15 PM
I've noticed that you like to do the same. Where's my "bullshit" excuse?

I don't troll the Chiefs fans.

Jets fans, now. I'd troll the hell out of those mouth breathers, if I could stomach posting on any of their forums.

Gadzooks
07-22-2014, 05:16 PM

Jets fans, now. I'd troll the hell out of those mouth breathers, if I could stomach posting on any of their forums.

I've seen you troll the homers and you do a nice job.:thumb:

GoChargers
07-22-2014, 05:38 PM

Please. You defend Pioli on here... 'nuff said.

Just Passin' By
07-22-2014, 05:43 PM
Please. You defend Pioli on here... 'nuff said.

I defended Pioli on some things and not others. That's not trolling, dumbass.

Gadzooks
07-22-2014, 06:06 PM
Defending Pioli as the Chiefs GM is as bad or worse than anything GoChargers has ever done.

GoChargers
07-22-2014, 06:11 PM
I defended Pioli on some things and not others. That's not trolling, dumbass.

There's no defending Pioli on anything. He was so bad that Chiefs fans literally flew banners and wore black to games in an organized protest to get him fired. Either you're trolling or incredibly dumb.

COchief
07-22-2014, 09:03 PM
There's no defending Pioli on anything.

The all-pros Berry, Houston (3rd round), and Poe (panned by almost all NFL critics) would like a word with you, and when they're done our all pro RB that we're paying a measly 5ish mill a year would also like to chat.

Pioli was a shitstain and I personally paid money to help fly that banner, however I will admit time has adjusted my opinion of him a bit. Even if he just lived off having picked Poe and Houston, those are heavy hits.

Still would kick in balls if given the chance though, cause you know...Kasl.

GoChargers
07-22-2014, 09:05 PM
The all-pros Berry, Houston (3rd round), and Poe (panned by almost all NFL critics) would like a word with you, and when they're done our all pro RB that we're paying a measly 5ish mill a year would also like to chat.

Pioli was a shitstain and I personally paid money to help fly that banner, however I will admit time has adjusted my opinion of him a bit. Even if he just lived off having picked Poe and Houston, those are heavy hits.

AJ Smith (our version of Pioli) lucked out in the draft a couple times too. Still doesn't erase the overall stench of incompetence that clouds his entire time with the Chargers. The same goes for Pioli.

Gadzooks
07-22-2014, 11:42 PM
BTW - Woodhead was signed to a 2 year extension. This is why I hate the NFL Network:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Kcwcjt6qcYs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tribal Warfare
07-23-2014, 12:29 AM

The rumor was Pioli wanted Okung and Haley was begging and pleading to select Berry. So that's another black mark on Pioli

Discuss Thrower
07-23-2014, 12:35 AM

Berry was a no brainer pick. Houston would have been a top 50 pick had it not been for marijuana.

Dontari Poe was just sheer luck.

RealSNR
07-23-2014, 08:44 AM

It's kind of the expectation that you hit on some draft picks here and there in a 4-year stint. And negotiate contracts the right way.

And that's the only good thing Pioli did for the franchise. For the rest of his job he was an asshole and a retard. A complete incompetent buffoon.