PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs sign OT Ryan Harris and LB Josh Mauga

The Franchise
07-23-2014, 09:33 AM
Michael Hoffman ‏@MRHoffy 35m
Congrats to LB Josh Mauga who is signing with #Chiefs today. Underrated signing. #NFL

Ryan Harris ‏@salaams_from_68 34m
Beyond Happy to be a chief. Great also to be teammates with THE @HAbdullah39 haha! #Chiefs

tecumseh
07-23-2014, 09:37 AM
Who n, who?

Halfcan
07-23-2014, 09:38 AM
print em'

ChiTown
07-23-2014, 09:39 AM
http://www.worldwideticketcraft.com/images/printers/ijp.jpg

Chief Pote
07-23-2014, 09:41 AM
http://www.worldwideticketcraft.com/images/printers/ijp.jpg

I'll rep you if that's a printer of some sort. :hmmm:

Red Dawg
07-23-2014, 09:42 AM
They are spending all of JC money.

ChiTown
07-23-2014, 09:42 AM
I'll rep you if that's a printer of some sort. :hmmm:

It's a ticket printer:thumb:

milkman
07-23-2014, 09:43 AM
Who n, who?

Ryan Harris was a guy who looked like he could be a top RT in the league playing for the Broncos 3 or 4 years ago, but has failed to live up to that after signing with the Eagles in free agency, primarily due to injury.

He's bounced around a couple of places since, last year with the Texans.

If he can stay healthy, he's a solid signing.

Mauga is a scrub LB that hasn't bee able to stay healthy since he came into the league with the Jets.

In58men
07-23-2014, 09:47 AM
Ryan Harris was a guy who looked like he could be a top RT in the league playing for the Broncos 3 or 4 years ago, but has failed to live up to that after signing with the Eagles in free agency, primarily due to injury.

Mauga is a scrub LB that hasn't bee able to stay healthy since he came into the league with the Jets.

Best offseason we've had in years

tecumseh
07-23-2014, 10:00 AM

So we're putting Harris at about 70 percent positive contribution, max. That's solid. Mauga under 40. Wonder what they see in this Mango?

The Franchise
07-23-2014, 10:01 AM
So we're putting Harris at about 70 percent positive contribution, max. That's solid. Mauga under 40. Wonder what they see in this Mango?

Camp fodder.

milkman
07-23-2014, 10:02 AM

Playing for the Jets, he knows Sutton's system.

Mr. Laz
07-23-2014, 10:02 AM
Dumpster Diving Dorsey is back to work.

BlackHelicopters
07-23-2014, 10:09 AM
To the watchtower

ct
07-23-2014, 10:13 AM
if healthy ryan harris is good depth, damn shade better than reddinbacher

Tribal Warfare
07-23-2014, 10:15 AM
http://s18.postimage.org/g026f3bj9/pirateshipwithpiratesmileys.gif

DTLB58
07-23-2014, 10:42 AM
Who n, who?

Seriously, if anybody here didn't automatically put Ryan's name with the Donkies, well then.... I might be more comfortable with him backing up Stephenson at RT than Webb.

Mauga is all about familiarity with the system being with Sutton in NY.
I have read from some NFL people on twitter today and the last few days when they smelled this coming they thought this was a good under the radar signing.

RealSNR
07-23-2014, 11:23 AM
Joe Mays and Ryan Harris.

If Knowmo were actually consistent in his predictions/takes, he'd be predicting a Super Bowl for the Chiefs right now.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-23-2014, 11:34 AM
Best offseason we've had in years

LMAO

Great Expectations
07-23-2014, 11:36 AM
Who is John Gault?

TEX
07-23-2014, 11:40 AM

I hear ya. The deal is he can't stay healthy and because of that he SUCKS. The Texans have had all kinds of issues at RT since Eric Winston left and Harris was one of them.

You're spot on with how he looked with Denver but he hasn't looked the same since he left.

MagicHef
07-23-2014, 11:44 AM
Joe Mays and Ryan Harris.

If Knowmo were actually consistent in his predictions/takes, he'd be predicting a Super Bowl for the Chiefs right now.

The one season they were on the same team together, they managed to power the Broncos to a 4-12 record.

So I'm looking forward to seeing them together again, obviously.

thabear04
07-23-2014, 12:05 PM
The Kansas City Chiefs signed former New York Jets linebacker Josh Mauga, his agent

Michael Hoffman confirmed Wednesday.

Mauga, 27, spent last season on injured reserve with a back injury.

The 6-foot-1, 245-pound Mauga recorded 44 total tackles and an interceptions in 29 games with the Jets between 2010 and 2012.

ChiTown
07-23-2014, 12:25 PM
Who is John Gault?

fyp

ShowtimeSBMVP
07-23-2014, 12:49 PM
Dumpster Diving Dorsey is back to work.

What a dumb post. Gotta get to 90 players somehow.

Mr. Laz
07-23-2014, 01:12 PM
What a dumb post. Gotta get to 90 players somehow.

yea, so we have to get a bunch of guys off the scrap heap?

We wouldn't want to just go out and get legit FAs that other team want too because then it would cost money.

Just goes to show that Dorsey isn't really thinking like a GM yet. He's still a personnel manager who's job is it to find the hidden guys while the GM signs the name guys.

The Franchise
07-23-2014, 01:16 PM
yea, so we have to get a bunch of guys off the scrap heap?

We wouldn't want to just go out and get legit FAs that other team want too because then it would cost money.

Just goes to show that Dorsey isn't really thinking like a GM yet. He's still a personnel manager who's job is it to find the hidden guys while the GM signs the name guys.

:spock:

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-23-2014, 01:26 PM
Laz, are you upset because we're still not in "all-in" mode as far as this roster goes?

Mr. Laz
07-23-2014, 01:41 PM
Laz, are you upset because we're still not in "all-in" mode as far as this roster goes?
aren't you?

or are you one of these people who doesn't think we lost any talent and are going to be just fine?

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-23-2014, 01:42 PM
aren't you?

or are you one of these people who doesn't think we lost any talent and are going to be just fine?

Oh hell no. We're going to be a mid-pack team for at least another season while the Dorseid builds to their liking.

RealSNR
07-23-2014, 01:56 PM
aren't you?

We really didn't lose all that much talent.

But we're definitely a worse team because we didn't improve our overall personnel going up against a shit rape schedule.

-King-
07-23-2014, 02:04 PM
Laz has turned into reerun lately.

saphojunkie
07-23-2014, 02:19 PM
We really didn't lose all that much talent.

But we're definitely a worse team because we didn't improve our overall personnel going up against a shit rape schedule.

This, except I'm allowing for the possibility of Kelce, Commings, Kush, and Fulton actually being upgrades over what we had last year.

Not banking on it, but I think it's possible.

The Franchise
07-23-2014, 02:22 PM
This, except I'm allowing for the possibility of Kelce, Commings, Kush, and Fulton actually being upgrades over what we had last year.

Not banking on it, but I think it's possible.

The only true question mark is Fisher.

Tribal Warfare
07-23-2014, 02:50 PM
The only true question mark is the entire O-line.

FYP

Dave Lane
07-23-2014, 03:22 PM
The only true question mark is Fisher.

Not sure if serious.

WhiteWhale
07-23-2014, 03:25 PM
I thought Harris was a fantastic young offensive tackle in Denver. Injuries kinda derailed him and I haven't followed his career since he left the Broncos.

RealSNR
07-23-2014, 03:30 PM
FYP

Hudson and Stephenson are fine.

Allen can't go anywhere but up.

And I'm confident we can find a solution among the 10,000 options competing for the starting RG spot.

We're looking at a mediocre line not considering Fisher. If he's awful, then he takes the line with him.

If he's good, then the line will be decent.

It's all on Fisher.

WhiteWhale
07-23-2014, 03:37 PM

And I'm confident we can find a solution among the 10,000 options competing for the starting RG spot.

We're looking at a mediocre line not considering Fisher. If he's awful, then he takes the line with him.

It's all on Fisher.

If Allen doesn't stop letting tackles and blitzing linebackers into the backfield so easily on passing downs it won't matter who is doing anything at left tackle.

Allen was the worst linemen we had last year and he showed no improvement from 2012 to 2013. I wouldn't dismiss his ability to suck. Guards matter a lot in offenses predicated on short drops and short passes. He needs to improve now. If he plays like last year I'd expect him benched by mid season.

Saccopoo
07-23-2014, 03:42 PM

It's all on Fisher.

I agree, but it's interesting how Albert got what basically amounts to a free pass around here for four years while now it's "Fisher has to produce now or he's a bust!"

And I'm not worried about the offensive line. Fisher showed enough improvement in the last quarter of last season that with an off-season of solid work, another full summer camp of working at the LT position that he's going to be just fine. The guy has a superb skill set, is intelligent and is a hard worker.

Personally, I think that the O-line is going to be much better than what we saw from them last year.

saphojunkie
07-23-2014, 03:42 PM
I wonder if they plan on Kush working in at center and moving Hudson to guard.

Saccopoo
07-23-2014, 03:45 PM
I wonder if they plan on Kush working in at center and moving Hudson to guard.

No chance.

They aren't going to mess with the continuity that they developed last year.

Kush will compete for either guard spot and be the first guy into the pivot if Hudson gets injured, but I seriously doubt he's supplanting Hudson at this point.

HIChief
07-23-2014, 04:17 PM
:spock:

So, maybe Dorsey's personnel guys made the case for signing these two, and he concurred. The end.

Easy 6
07-23-2014, 04:29 PM
aren't you?

Yes, we lost a couple of solid guys, namely Albert and Flowers... but that's all part of the game, every team loses those kinda guys every single year.

And yep, I for one think we'll be just fine without them... even IF Fisher busts at LT.

If what Andy Reid did last year with a 2-14 team doesn't warrant a little confidence in his abilities then I cant imagine what would... the only big change last year was a QB who had never played in a WCO and look how Big Red steered the ship.

We replaced two guys with a lot of depth, speed, youth... c'mon man!

WhiteWhale
07-23-2014, 04:31 PM
Yes, we lost a couple of solid guys, namely Albert and Flowers... but that's all part of the game, every team loses those kinda guys every single year.

And yep, I for one think we'll be just fine without them... even IF Fisher busts at LT.

If what Andy Reid did last year with a 2-14 team doesn't warrant a little confidence in his abilities then I cant imagine what would... the only big change last year was a QB who had never played in a WCO and look how Big Red steered the ship.

We replaced two guys with a lot of depth, speed, youth... c'mon man!

TBH KC was really not BAD enough talent wise that they should have lost 14 games, and even Andy knew that when he came here.

Easy 6
07-23-2014, 04:38 PM
TBH KC was really not BAD enough talent wise that they should have lost 14 games, and even Andy knew that when he came here.

You're right, last year speaks highly to Reids motivational/organizational abilities... guys actually believe they're in the presence of someone who knows what the hell they're doing and play with that kind of confidence.

UL Washington
07-23-2014, 06:39 PM
Ryan Harris was featured on MTV's True Life show his senior year of high school trying to gain strength and weight to play at Notre Dame.