PDA

View Full Version : Football The past 8 SB winners have failed to even win 1 post season game!

DTLB58
07-30-2014, 12:58 AM
What chance do you give the Seahawks to repeat or heck, even win a playoff game?

Sounds crazy, but there is a trend.

Super Bowl XXXIX - New England lost to Denver 27-13 in an AFC Divisional playoff. But this is the last time (2005) a SB winner from the previous season won a playoff game as the Pats beat the Jags 28-3 in the Wildcard round. Since then the following 8 SB winners have not even won a Playoff game. The list:

Super Bowl XL - Pittsburgh finished third in the AFC North division with an 8-8 record.

Super Bowl XLI - Indianapolis lost to San Diego in an AFC Divisional playoff.

Super Bowl XLII - The New York Giants lost to Philadelphia in an NFC Divisional playoff.

Super Bowl XLIII - Pittsburgh finished third in the AFC North division with a 9-7 record and failed to qualify for the postseason.

Super Bowl XLIV - New Orleans lost to Seattle 41-36 in an NFC Wild Card game.

Super Bowl XLV - Green Bay lost to the New York Giants 37-20 in an NFC Divisional playoff game.

Super Bowl XLVI - The New York Giants finished with a 9–7 record and didn't go to the playoffs.

Super Bowl XLVII - The Baltimore Ravens failed to make the playoffs, going just 8-8.

Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII -?

TimBone
07-30-2014, 01:00 AM
I gave them a huge chance of repeating until I read that the league wants to focus on defensive pass interference in order to produce more points.

Now I'm not so sure how they'll fare.

Schnitzel
07-30-2014, 01:35 AM
I gave them a huge chance of repeating until I read that the league wants to focus on defensive pass interference in order to produce more points.

True. And if Lynch really decides to retire, the repeat will be even more difficult.

Rausch
07-30-2014, 01:37 AM
The Seahawks will be back in the playoffs.

Hell, I'd bet big money all of the final four from last year will at least make the playoffs...

07-30-2014, 02:28 AM

Hell, I'd bet big money all of the final four from last year will at least make the playoffs...

He didn't say they couldn't make the playoffs. Just that the trend is that they won't win a playoff game.

DTLB58
07-30-2014, 02:30 AM
Four of the Eight made the playoffs. But none won a game. The Seahawks have a pretty tough schedule this season. They could get beat up on and have a tough first round game and ya never know. They could get ousted early.

PACKERS
ATCHARGERS
BRONCOS

4BYE WEEK
ATREDSKINS

COWBOYS

ATRAMS

ATPANTHERS

RAIDERS

GIANTS

ATCHIEFS

CARDINALS

AT49ERS

ATEAGLES

49ERS

ATCARDINALS

RAMS

Rausch
07-30-2014, 02:32 AM
He didn't say they couldn't make the playoffs. Just that the trend is that they won't win a playoff game.

Unless there's a major disaster or act of God all of the final four from last year will win a playoff game.

Schnitzel
07-30-2014, 02:32 AM
You never know what happens. The NFC West is probably the strongest division right now. But I'm pretty sure they'll make the playoffs anyway!

Rausch
07-30-2014, 02:33 AM
You never know what happens. The NFC West is probably the strongest division right now.

I'd argue it is by far.

The Rams FISTED the Colts that beat us twice...

Coochie liquor
07-30-2014, 04:21 AM
I'd argue it is by far.

Yeah and the colts beat the Hawks and 9ers.

Dayze
07-30-2014, 08:06 AM

This.

the NFL is stroking themselves for Peyton to get back there.

Rain Man
07-30-2014, 08:23 AM
The Chiefs have also failed to win even one postseason game.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-30-2014, 10:01 PM
I'd argue it is by far.

Silly game

saphojunkie
07-30-2014, 10:08 PM

Logic says Chiefs are super bowl winners.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-30-2014, 10:10 PM
What about the losers? Most don't even make the playoffs the following year?

KCrockaholic
07-30-2014, 10:15 PM
What about the losers? Most don't even make the playoffs the following year?

Most losers don't make the playoffs, that is correct. Only the 7-9 Seahawks did that.

Saccopoo
07-30-2014, 10:58 PM

No they won't. They are going to be third in their division behind the Rams and the 49ers.

Lonewolf Ed
07-30-2014, 11:34 PM
Logic says Chiefs are super bowl winners.

Fascinating!

Coochie liquor
07-31-2014, 04:28 AM
No they won't. They are going to be third in their division behind the Rams and the 49ers.

The Rams?? With which qb?? I don't see Brokeford taking them anywhere.

WhiteWhale
07-31-2014, 06:01 AM

If history has any precedent, then the best way to combat it is to do it on every play and dare the refs to call it two, three, or four times in a row. I don't think they'll do it. We'll see.

DaKCMan AP
07-31-2014, 06:03 AM
3.125%

Kaepernick
07-31-2014, 11:57 PM
Parity, baby!

Welcome to the Salary Cap era.

Dave Lane
08-01-2014, 12:07 AM

Championship. We set it up masterfully.

Discuss Thrower
08-01-2014, 12:43 AM
Parity, baby!

Welcome to the Salary Cap era.

Something like 6 teams account for over half of the playoff berths since expansion in 2002.

"Parity"

SeeingRed
08-01-2014, 06:22 AM
Four of the Eight made the playoffs. But none won a game. The Seahawks have a pretty tough schedule this season. They could get beat up on and have a tough first round game and ya never know. They could get ousted early.

PACKERS
ATCHARGERS
BRONCOS

4BYE WEEK
ATREDSKINS

COWBOYS

ATRAMS

ATPANTHERS

RAIDERS

GIANTS

ATCHIEFS

CARDINALS

AT49ERS

ATEAGLES

49ERS

ATCARDINALS

RAMS

They will have a good record by the time they reach us

milkman
08-01-2014, 06:46 AM

Put the pipe down and back away from th computer.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-01-2014, 04:52 PM
Wouldn't be shocked to see Denver collapse just like so many super bowl losers have done. Especially the ones that got their shut pushed in.

Bowser
08-01-2014, 04:56 PM
By this logic the Lions are going to win the Super Bowl.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-01-2014, 04:59 PM
Something like 6 teams account for over half of the playoff berths since expansion in 2002.

"Parity"

:spock: every year there are at LEAST 4 to 5 new playoff teams from the year before. Usually there are 6. So yeah parity.

loochy
08-01-2014, 06:54 PM
So have the Chiefs

Psyko Tek
08-01-2014, 10:08 PM

they will do fine until they bother the peyton

irocdave
08-02-2014, 02:41 AM
Ahhhh man. Feels great finally posting on the awesomeness that is this forum. Born and mostly raised in the Seattle area. Been web surfing since the late 90's and found this forum last year. You guys have the best blend of BS, NFL knowledge, BS, humor and BS of any NFL site I have seen.

Are the Hawks one and done? I say F no. Yea the Hawks lost some key role players but they also kept the key guys. What most people don't know is that when the Hawks O bottomed out last year Russell Wilson sustained a shoulder injury. It's only been mentioned a couple of times in the local media and the .netters haven't picked up on this but it's the truth.
The O line lost Breno ( Lynch called the total Italian meathead the big Russian) but picked up a 10 year starter on the cheap. They also drafted a couple of guys. Doesn't matter. Lynch is at his best running with tacklers draped all over him and O lineman pushing him forward for 6 yards. It sounds funny but watch what happens when the Hawks come to town.

I'm not making statements about winning in KC this year but your boys need to buckle up. The Hawks D isn't like anything in the AFC. Good thing Okoye is long gone. Always hated watching my Hawks get knocked out by those high knees.

irocdave
08-02-2014, 02:56 AM
As far as the league " evening" things out, F the NFL. Ww As a life long Hawk fan I have seen so much NFL BS influence it's ridiculous. Watched Vinny InterceptionVerdes head cross a goal line live and called a touchdown that was total BS, cost the Hawks HC his job(Dennis Erikson) and a season later almost the same thing in Baltimore ( F the Ravens, ripped the heart out of Cleveland). Then there was the Hawks first SB experience with MH. F the Steelers and their lame ass fan base. The Hawks got jobbed and it was obvious to any non inbred, two toothed jackwad that the NFL got what they had been promoting. Guess Bettis was more important than the better team winning. Yea, that means you terrible towel holding puds that thought it was a well deserved Lombardi for the Detroit homeboy Bettis can suck it. It was gifted to you. You know how to search what I'm saying...The Stealers " should be" playing IN Seattle next year. The NFL protected that supposed tough ass team from making the road trip to Seattle for years. Still remember getting their asses handed to them in an early 2000's game at C link. So many drunk loud mouth Stealers fans before and during the 1st quarter...then just the walk of shame. Cant wait for that soft ass team to get the long deserved beatdown they deserve......

Now where were we..Hawks will be knocking out SF AGAIN this year and should be back in the SB. Not saying they take it but they will be back.

irocdave
08-02-2014, 03:33 AM
For those that don't remember SB 40, the Hawks got worked over in a way that no other SB team has.Mike Holmgren was the HC and didn't handle the piss poor officiating very well and mental mistakes as the S was hitting the fan. The NFL wanted to send of the BUS ( Jerome Bettis) on a high note. He was from Detroit and it made sense only from a media ( money) standpoint. The Hawks got screwed so bad by the officiating the head ref apologized a couple of years later. It was pathetic. Yet Stealer fans claim sour grapes on the Hawks fans part. You want to know why Hawk fans are belligerent online, that's one of the reasons, posted a couple more earlier. The NFL has shit all over the Hawks for 20 years and COMPete Carrol has overcome the NFL idiocy of sucking up to the chosen few. Denver included. It was so awesome to see the Hawks DESTROY PM and the ignorant donkey fan base. The Hawks are young and still hungry, they also know the history of the worst thing that can happen to a NFL franchise, ignoring in the media. Sherman and Lynch are not stupid....They succeeded. The NFL cant avoid talking about the raining SB champs holdout ( Lynch), and the NFL's biggest self promoter Sherman. Think about this, Lynch contacted Robinson (best friend and fullback for the last couple of years) to announce his 7 day hold out as Robinson joins the NFL Network and Sherman only pipes up when the media attention shifts towards the normalcy of ignoring the team in SE Alaska. It isn't a coincidence.
Don't sleep on the Hawks..there's more to them than meets the spoon fed media is letting on. Rule enforcement be dammed.

milkman
08-02-2014, 04:41 AM
What the fuck are you so pissed about?

Your team just won the fucking SB.

08-02-2014, 05:07 AM
What the **** are you so pissed about?

Your team just won the ****ing SB.

No shit. God what I wouldn't give to have a superbowl victory to hang our hats on instead of living in the crappy past we have.

Discuss Thrower
08-02-2014, 09:15 AM
.... U wot m8????!?

irocdave
08-02-2014, 06:31 PM
I was up really late last night smoking a couple briskets for a neighborhood party today. I drank way to many Fosters and did the no no, drunk posting. Still hate the steelers though. Seeing the Hawks win and the way they won with my dad by my side was one of the best days ever.

Honestly the Hawks are good enough even with the cuts / losses of players to repeat. As with any team, it comes down to injuries, some luck and players performing. The whiners are going to be right there as well. The key guy for the Hawks is Lynch. If RW went down T Jackson can step in and there wont be a huge drop off as long as Lynch can keep grinding out yards. He is the straw that stirs the drink for the Hawks, even when he gets held to low yards. Defenses have to stack the box, he always gets another yard or 5 when tacklers are draped on him. The O line just shoves him forward. Think about laying siege to a castle. Bunch of guys with a tree ramming it in to the gate. Lynch is the tree.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-02-2014, 07:12 PM
Neither Super Bowl participant will be back

Discuss Thrower
08-02-2014, 08:18 PM
:spock: every year there are at LEAST 4 to 5 new playoff teams from the year before. Usually there are 6. So yeah parity.

Go look at the teams that play in the conference title game: or just the divisional round at least.

It's a seven to eight team league when it comes to actual championship contention.

Mav
08-03-2014, 07:35 AM
I can see it honestly. The Seahawks, Hell any team from that division that makes the playoffs is going to be so beaten up. Any team can win that division. Can anyone honestly say it's not possible?

irocdave
08-04-2014, 04:37 PM
Yea, the NFC west will be beating the hell out of each other, no different than the last couple of years. You guys are in the AFC and the mainstream media does their best to ignore the west so most NFL fans really don't know how good the niners and Hawks are. Hell, the Tards would be top dog in most divisions.

As long as Sherman, Earl Thomas, bam bam (Kam Chancellor), Wilson and Lynch are some what healthy they have a punchers chance. We didn't find out until this spring that RW had a medical issue with his throwing shoulder that started towards the end of last year. It coincided with the offensesive production going in the toilet. Makes sense now.

One of the members over at .net put this video together. NFL films USED to put together the big hits video's and sell them. If you liked those check out this vid. Yea it's all Hawks but it demonstrates how the D tackles and besides, who doesn't like to see Vernon Davis get destroyed several times as well as Welker, D Thomas (no not Derrick, yea that's how old I am), Sean Lee and well you get the jist. This is from the last couple of years.
vimeo.com/102370553

The first 5 minutes is a little slow, the last 1/3 is really good if you like hard hits. Doesn't take long to figure out Kam is the thumper.

irocdave
08-04-2014, 05:10 PM
Just like any NFL team, injuries are huge and luck is a close second. But when you have a defense that knocks the stuffing out of offensive players and a running back that it literally takes 3 - 4 guys to take down the chances of making the playoffs is pretty good. This isn't the steelers team that squeaked out a SB win (big assist to the officials) with the worst QB play to ever win a SB. The Hawks are balanced. Besides, RW isn't a rapist, so that's got to be worth something in the Karma department. Remember the steelers didn't make the playoffs the next year and everyone was like " that's weird, it's always the SB loser that doesn't make the playoffs the following year". Man I hate the steelers, cant wait for them to drag that shell of a paper tiger team to Seattle next year and get the beat down there sorry ass bandwagon fan base deserves.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-05-2014, 04:29 PM
Go look at the teams that play in the conference title game: or just the divisional round at least.

It's a seven to eight team league when it comes to actual championship contention.

Beats the one or two team contention of the NBA

MagicHef
08-05-2014, 04:43 PM

Literally half of the league (16 different teams) have played in the CC game in just the past 6 years.

Crying Ramtard
08-05-2014, 10:57 PM
Unless there's a major disaster or act of God all of the final four from last year will win a playoff game.

I say no way. The Cards and Seattle will fight for 3rd and 4th place. The Cards will get 4th of course LOL

DTLB58
08-06-2014, 03:33 AM
Yea, the NFC west will be beating the hell out of each other, no different than the last couple of years. You guys are in the AFC and the mainstream media does their best to ignore the west so most NFL fans really don't know how good the niners and Hawks are. Hell, the Tards would be top dog in most divisions.

As long as Sherman, Earl Thomas, bam bam (Kam Chancellor), Wilson and Lynch are some what healthy they have a punchers chance. We didn't find out until this spring that RW had a medical issue with his throwing shoulder that started towards the end of last year. It coincided with the offensesive production going in the toilet. Makes sense now.

One of the members over at .net put this video together. NFL films USED to put together the big hits video's and sell them. If you liked those check out this vid. Yea it's all Hawks but it demonstrates how the D tackles and besides, who doesn't like to see Vernon Davis get destroyed several times as well as Welker, D Thomas (no not Derrick, yea that's how old I am), Sean Lee and well you get the jist. This is from the last couple of years.
vimeo.com/102370553

The first 5 minutes is a little slow, the last 1/3 is really good if you like hard hits. Doesn't take long to figure out Kam is the thumper.

Most NFL fans don't really know how good the Niners and Seahawks really are?

What? Do you think this is the 60's and there is no 24/7 media coverage and twitter and Sunday Ticket and NFL being shoved down our throats on every channel during the fall and winter? If you don't know how good all 4 of the teams are in the West it's because you don't want to!

I think you are a lot naive.

Rausch
08-06-2014, 05:41 AM
I say no way. The Cards and Seattle will fight for 3rd and 4th place. The Cards will get 4th of course LOL

The only way Seattle doesn't win another playoff game is if Beast Mode or Wilson go down for the year...

ndws
08-06-2014, 07:49 AM
By this logic the Lions are going to win the Super Bowl.

Well duh, they do have Jon Baldwin to finally give them a threat at WR.