PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Best WR Corps In NFL Is Who?

SeeingRed
07-30-2014, 07:20 AM
I'm gonna go with Crabtree, Boldin, Stevie Johnson, Brandon Lloyd and Vontea Davis in San Fran.

In58men
07-30-2014, 07:24 AM
Cutler Jeffery Marshall

GordonGekko
07-30-2014, 07:34 AM
Moss Carter Reed

Seriously though, the top corp is usually whoever Brees is throwing to. So insert random x Saints 4th round pick player here.

InChiefsHeaven
07-30-2014, 07:44 AM
Bowe, Avery, Jenkins. WRITE IT DOWN !!@!121!!

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
07-30-2014, 07:45 AM
Broncos, unfortunately

Three7s
07-30-2014, 07:46 AM
Broncos, unfortunately
They lost Decker, but there's still Thomas and Welker. They'll be up there.

07-30-2014, 07:48 AM
They lost Decker, but there's still Thomas and Welker. They'll be up there.

Plus Emmanuel Sanders and Cody Latimer. And since OP included Vernon "Vontae" Davis, I had to consider Julius Thomas.

Schnitzel
07-30-2014, 08:28 AM
Probably Bears and Broncos. Maybe even the Skins with DeSean Jackson and Garcon...

Why Not?
07-30-2014, 08:33 AM
Fuck! We should have made a move for Vontae Davis. Could have bolstered both our WR corp and our secondary.

Why Not?
07-30-2014, 08:35 AM
Probably Bears and Broncos. Maybe even the Skins with DeSean Jackson and Garcon...

You could make a fine argument for the Redskins because out of all above teams they are the one with 2 legit number 1 WR.

RunKC
07-30-2014, 08:49 AM
Watch out for the Colts. Wayne, Nicks and Hilton.

Discuss Thrower
07-30-2014, 08:49 AM
Bears
'skins
Donkeys
Foals

The Franchise
07-30-2014, 09:56 AM
Broncos
Bears
Colts

Top 3.

Schnitzel
07-30-2014, 09:57 AM
You could make a fine argument for the Redskins because out of all above teams they are the one with 2 legit number 1 WR.

This

07-30-2014, 10:05 AM

If Garcon's one year qualifies him as a #1 receiver, then so does Jeffery's.

DaKCMan AP
07-30-2014, 10:08 AM
Lions have a pretty good crew:

Megatron
Golden Tate
Ryan Broyles
Kevin Ogletree
Brandon Pettigrew
Eric Ebron
Reggie Bush

milkman
07-30-2014, 10:08 AM
Panthers

MahiMike
07-30-2014, 10:10 AM
Jags. Next year. This year is Atlanta.

Unsmooth-Moment
07-30-2014, 10:12 AM
Bears
Falcons
Colts
Broncos
Packers
everyone else
Chiefs

Molitoth
07-30-2014, 10:15 AM
Lions should

Mr. Laz
07-30-2014, 10:29 AM
Lions have a pretty good crew:

Megatron
Golden Tate
Ryan Broyles
Kevin Ogletree
Brandon Pettigrew
Eric Ebron
Reggie Bush
Holy shit we suck

:sulk:

Jamaal Charles is the only blue chip player we have on offense.

O.city
07-30-2014, 10:30 AM
Holy shit we suck

:sulk:

Jamaal Charles is the only blue chip player we have on offense.

And the Lions have? 2?

O.city
07-30-2014, 10:30 AM
The Eagles Wr's aren't known yet, but they're stacked.

Mr. Laz
07-30-2014, 10:35 AM
And the Lions have? 2?

I don't know.

I do think that Charles is the only skill position player on our offense that would start for Detroit.

O.city
07-30-2014, 10:38 AM
I don't know.

I do think that Charles is the only skill position player on our offense that would start for Detroit.

Meh, I'd take Bowe over anyone but Megatron and probably Tate.

Other than those 2 and Bush, they're either just a name (Pettigrew) or young (like the Chiefs).

However, they've got Johnson who's better than any 2 combined that we've got

Mr. Laz
07-30-2014, 10:48 AM
Meh, I'd take Bowe over anyone but Megatron and probably Tate.

Other than those 2 and Bush, they're either just a name (Pettigrew) or young (like the Chiefs).

However, they've got Johnson who's better than any 2 combined that we've gotYou don't usually start a bunch of the same type of WR's

Megatron vs Bowe for that WR spot.
Tate vs Avery/jenkins
Ogletree,Broyles vs Hemingway,hammond,Dressler,Wilson(we don't even know who)

TE - Pettigrew,Fauria,Ebron vs Fasano,Kelce,Harris

RB - Bush vs Charles (we win!! we win!! PBJ PBJ )

saphojunkie
07-30-2014, 10:54 AM
It's the Broncos and I don't think anyone else is close. Not only do they have two top WR in Weker and Demariyus, they have an elite TE, incredible depth, and a top flight rookie.

The fact that they got Cody Latimer as well just drives me insane.

Why Not?
07-30-2014, 12:33 PM
Um, Brandon Pettigrew sucks

Why Not?
07-30-2014, 12:34 PM
Panthers

Haha

Why Not?
07-30-2014, 12:35 PM
If Garcon's one year qualifies him as a #1 receiver, then so does Jeffery's.

Fair point, but the difference is Garçon was his teams actual number 1 WR where Jeffrey had Marshall to pull coverage

jonzie04
07-30-2014, 12:36 PM
Bears hands down. 2 top 10 wr in the NFL. With Marshall being a top 5 guy. Bennetts pretty good too.

Then id say redskins, then broncos, then colts.

Falcons have a chance to be up there, not sure how much Roddy white has left in him though.

penguinz
07-30-2014, 01:55 PM
Your mom!

John Dope
07-30-2014, 02:07 PM
Falcons - White, Jones, Douglas

They are all going to get 1,000 yards this year.

Bufkin
07-30-2014, 02:20 PM
Julio Jones
Roddy White
Harry Douglas
/thread

Mav
07-30-2014, 02:45 PM
Detroit. Calvin Tate Reggie Bush eric ebron

Fritz88
07-30-2014, 03:12 PM
Bears.
Posted via Mobile Device

Easy 6
07-30-2014, 04:20 PM
I'm gonna go with Crabtree, Boldin, Stevie Johnson, Brandon Lloyd and Vontea Davis in San Fran.

Big and burly... but the averaged out speed score on that group in Madden would be like 84.

I'll prolly go with Inmems guess, its hard to top the Bears starters as a duo.

O.city
07-30-2014, 04:33 PM
Detroit. Calvin Tate Reggie Bush eric ebron

I think Ebron is gonna be a huge bust.

O.city
07-30-2014, 04:33 PM
After this year, it will be the Iggles

Ming the Merciless
07-30-2014, 05:07 PM
D Bowe - AVery - Jenkins!

Mav
07-30-2014, 06:08 PM
I think Ebron is gonna be a huge bust.
He struggled initially at unc. He thinks too much and it leads to drops. He will always have lapses with his hands but by mid season he is going to be a problem for the league.

SeeingRed
07-30-2014, 06:21 PM
I like the niners depth...but bears and redskins are def in the conversation. Ok ok...I guess Denver too :-/

TLO
07-30-2014, 06:32 PM
Broncos.

:sulk: :(

ViperVisor
07-30-2014, 06:46 PM
Boldin was crazy last year but 49ers lack an A#1 type that tilts how a teams secondary has to play.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/images/CRAD_ANQ.jpg

My first choice for 2013's biggest Pro Bowl snub was Jordy Nelson, and my second was definitely Anquan Boldin. The 49ers attempted a league-low 417 passes last year, but Boldin was outstanding with 85 catches for 1,179 yards and seven touchdowns. He did more to elevate his passing offense than guys like Fitzgerald and DeSean Jackson, who both received credit for a Pro Bowl over Boldin. Watch how their production came and it's no contest that Boldin was better last season. When people are unfortunately still looking at things like Pro Bowls for Hall of Fame resumes, it hurts Boldin to not get that fourth selection for one of his best seasons.

Maybe he peaked early with 13 catches for 208 yards in Week 1 against Green Bay, but Boldin was dominant in other games by making tough catches. Colin Kaepernick's accuracy left a lot to be desired. While a lot of the young quarterbacks (like Ryan Tannehill and Andy Dalton) seem to be too high with the ball, Kaepernick was alarmingly too low at times. Boldin made three really tough catches below the waist (the most yet) where most receivers I've studied have had none. His seven chest-low catches were also one of the highest totals yet. Boldin had only three over-the-shoulder catches since he's not much of a deep threat, but one was thrown too far out in front of him. Boldin brought in three balls with one hand, which trailed only Garcon's four.

I've said enough on Boldin. Treat yourself to some visuals. That's Boldin making a tough catch high off the ground against Richard Sherman in the top left corner. Dead center, that's a catch against Tennessee. I thought the zoomed-out version best displayed the body control necessary to make a one-handed catch like that.

In today's game, a lot of receivers can have good numbers at the end of the year. Boldin ranked only 16th in receiving yards last year. But if we start paying more attention to how that production is gained, then a season like Boldin's last year would get more of the proper praise it deserves.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2014/catch-radius-bigger-better

mdchiefsfan
07-30-2014, 07:26 PM
ATL

SeeingRed
07-30-2014, 08:38 PM
Boldin was crazy last year but 49ers lack an A#1 type that tilts how a teams secondary has to play.

My first choice for 2013's biggest Pro Bowl snub was Jordy Nelson, and my second was definitely Anquan Boldin. The 49ers attempted a league-low 417 passes last year, but Boldin was outstanding with 85 catches for 1,179 yards and seven touchdowns. He did more to elevate his passing offense than guys like Fitzgerald and DeSean Jackson, who both received credit for a Pro Bowl over Boldin. Watch how their production came and it's no contest that Boldin was better last season. When people are unfortunately still looking at things like Pro Bowls for Hall of Fame resumes, it hurts Boldin to not get that fourth selection for one of his best seasons.

Maybe he peaked early with 13 catches for 208 yards in Week 1 against Green Bay, but Boldin was dominant in other games by making tough catches. Colin Kaepernick's accuracy left a lot to be desired. While a lot of the young quarterbacks (like Ryan Tannehill and Andy Dalton) seem to be too high with the ball, Kaepernick was alarmingly too low at times. Boldin made three really tough catches below the waist (the most yet) where most receivers I've studied have had none. His seven chest-low catches were also one of the highest totals yet. Boldin had only three over-the-shoulder catches since he's not much of a deep threat, but one was thrown too far out in front of him. Boldin brought in three balls with one hand, which trailed only Garcon's four.

I've said enough on Boldin. Treat yourself to some visuals. That's Boldin making a tough catch high off the ground against Richard Sherman in the top left corner. Dead center, that's a catch against Tennessee. I thought the zoomed-out version best displayed the body control necessary to make a one-handed catch like that.

In today's game, a lot of receivers can have good numbers at the end of the year. Boldin ranked only 16th in receiving yards last year. But if we start paying more attention to how that production is gained, then a season like Boldin's last year would get more of the proper praise it deserves.

Ya man....I don't get why Boldin always get disrespected. He's a beast of a WR who helped carry the Ravens to a Superbowl win (there's NO WAY they win that Superbowl if not for him). And a healthy Crabtree is anything but ordinary. Davis is a freak too and Stevie Johnson is legit. Lloyd in his hay day was great but not sure what he's got now

vailpass
07-30-2014, 08:39 PM

Q is nails. Old school ****ing nails...

HotRoute
07-30-2014, 08:51 PM

You forgot good ol' Jonathan Baldwin

HotRoute
07-30-2014, 08:54 PM
http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/colin-kaepernick-shines-jon-baldwin-disappears/

"THE NOT-SO-GOOD

2. Jonathan Baldwin. Suited up but did not receive a single target during team drills. Baldwin has been practically invisible during camp — two catches and three drops. A.J. Jenknins never was this bad."

Why Not?
07-30-2014, 10:17 PM
http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/colin-kaepernick-shines-jon-baldwin-disappears/

"THE NOT-SO-GOOD

2. Jonathan Baldwin. Suited up but did not receive a single target during team drills. Baldwin has been practically invisible during camp — two catches and three drops. A.J. Jenknins never was this bad."

It will be a shock if Baldwin makes that team.

ILChief
07-30-2014, 10:31 PM
Falcons. Roddy White and Julio Jones.

tk13
07-30-2014, 10:37 PM
I was really surprised the Falcons didn't get more mentions. Julio Jones is a complete monster, and Roddy White is getting older but is a former All Pro. Of course they don't have Gonzalez anymore, but Harry Douglas had 1000 yards last year. They just have to stay healthy and they could have three legit 1000 yard WRs.

Saccopoo
07-30-2014, 10:41 PM
Watch out for the Colts. Wayne, Nicks and Hilton.

Best of the bunch is Donte Moncrief and you don't even mention him?

http://i.imgur.com/HAbcm.gif

DrRyan
07-30-2014, 10:48 PM

:LOL:

Quit selling short the guy who has yet to play a single snap. It is a given he will destroy every single record Jerry Rice holds.

Saccopoo
07-30-2014, 10:54 PM
:LOL:

Quit selling short the guy who has yet to play a single snap. It is a given he will destroy every single record Jerry Rice holds.

Jerry Rice couldn't wash Steve Largent's jock strap.

Fuck Jerry Rice.

Mav
07-31-2014, 01:31 AM
Jerry Rice couldn't wash Steve Largent's jock strap.

Fuck Jerry Rice.
Fuck you.

SeeingRed
07-31-2014, 07:29 AM

That's true...the Colts are pretty stacked

Ragged Robin
07-31-2014, 09:02 AM
Lot of great receiving corps out there.. then you look at Bowe/Avery/Jenkins and :facepalm: :facepalm:

KCCHIEFS27
07-31-2014, 01:21 PM
Packers
Cardinals...ah be John Brown turning heads in the NFL so far. I really hope he does well this year.

Exoter175
07-31-2014, 02:05 PM
Bears, fo'sho' print em.

Mr. Laz
07-31-2014, 02:08 PM
Lot of great receiving corps out there.. then you look at Bowe/Avery/Jenkins and :facepalm: :facepalm:
:deevee: :deevee:

defense has no reason to fear anyone except charles

Omaha
07-31-2014, 02:20 PM
Not so fast! I just read this on Tiecher's ESPN blog:

"The Chiefs are sorting through a large group of wide receivers who appear to have legitimate hopes of making the roster. One backup, A.J. Jenkins, left practice early because of a sore hamstring. Two others, Junior Hemingway and Mark Harrison, did not practice, each because of a sore hamstring. Those absences leave more snaps for young players like Frankie Hammond Jr. and Albert Wilson. "I feel the young guys," Reid said. "We’ll keep playing them. Everybody’s playing out here. We’ll give them as many reps as we can. Everybody’s going to play once we get to the first preseason game. It takes a little time to evaluate it." The Chiefs begin the preseason on Aug. 7 against Cincinnati at Arrowhead Stadium."