PDA

View Full Version : Life What is it with women and shoes???

CoMoChief
08-02-2014, 10:31 AM
Seriously, why do they buy so many pairs of shoes? When about 95% of the ones they buy they wear once and then possibly never again? I never understood this. I was helping a friend move into her new place last night and I borrowed my dads truck, she had these 3 large moving boxes in the corner of the garage and I was going to load them onto the truck. Nice moving boxes btw, they have the thick heavy duty cardboard and with the punch out handle grips. Anyways all 3 boxes were the same size. One box was open and it was filled w/ nothing but shoes....all kinds of shoes. So I asked for the pkg tape and I mentioned I had noticed the large qty of shoes she had in that box. She then told me all 3 boxes are just nothing but shoes. WTF?!?! How can someone have the closet and storage space for all of those shoes. It's like the show MTV Cribs and you go into like Lady Gaga's house and they show you like a 14x14 walk-in closet, all shelving from floor to ceiling, and it's nothing but shoes. That's what her new closet looks like at her new place. JFC. Women....

I just never will understand that. I have 8 pairs of "footwear". Technically 9 because I have more than 1 pair of hunting boots, one pair I keep in my car along w/ my roadside safety/emergency kit/items.

But my ex had so many pairs of ****ing shoes there are ones that are still in the orig box with the tag because she hasn't worn them yet because when it came down to selecting a pair to go w/ a dress, she'd choose a pair she already had purchased. Plus, she will forget and sometimes has purchased "roughly" the same exact shoe except it will have one minor small difference in the buckle of the shoe, or somewhere in a place where you'd think a person wouldn't give a shit about. Now Ive done this before but there's a difference. See, I'm the kind of guy that sees V-neck t shit at Target for $9 and I will buy 5 of them, all different colors. I do that because I like the shirt and they're cheap and these solid colors will go w/ anything you put w/ it. I have about 5 nice short sleeved polo typed collared shirts for more of a nicer casual look and then I have my free tshirt collection and a couple of shirts I buy online like Chiefs or Royals team gear. Then I have about 5 dress shirts and a few casual long sleeved shirts and few hoodies and to be honest that's my wardrobe. Pretty simple..

She will literally forget that she's purchased the same shoe, asking me if it's as cute as she thinks it is. Btw never shop w/ a woman if she's shopping for herself. If you have to make up any excuse at all to prevent from having to follow along do it. If you have to have a car battery hooked up to your nutsack, do it. We almost broke up because of a fight we got into because I got so fed up with her indecisive BS and just total disregard of time. She would ask if something would look good on her. I'd respond with "yeah". Of course that wasn't good enough. Then I just started telling her that she'd look good with just nothing on, instead. I mean at this point almost 3hrs later I was completely losing my patience to the point it was clear to her and others in the store that I was in a very irritated pissed off mood. I didn't really make a scene, but if you can picture a guy just having the most absolutely worst day of his life, and you can picture him sitting in a chair outside of a fitting room looking miserable as ****, that was me. Even browsing on my phone doesn't help.

Here's a good indication of what usually goes on when I shop, compared to when she shops:
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpw2k701vP1qfjjglo1_500.jpg

My footwear is the following:

-Nike Air Max sneakers (if I'm not wearing flip flops I usually wear these the most). These are still in mint condition and look new in terms how "white" they still are. Again I don't wear these a whole lot because I wear flip flops a lot.

-Adidas sneakers (these are old, I wear these for yard work, walking the dog on the trail, fishing, working out, or anything else where they might get dirty or be subject to more wear and tear as opposed to just casually wearing them out in publc).

-Sketchers casual shoes (If I'm wearing jeans, I'm probably wearing these). Used to do the flip flop/jean thing when I was younger in my late teens into early mid 20's..not anymore though. If you want the world's most comfortable casual shoe, I highly recommend Sketchers "Diameter Heisman" slip-on shoe. This shoe will run from $50-$70. I wear brown, it also comes in black and in a lighter brown color.
http://www.shoes.com/ProductImages/SHOES_IL38430.JPG

-Kenneth Cole black dress shoes. Only wear these w/ suits, formal dress attire.

-Reef flip flops (I'm a flip flip guy, and if it's late spring-early fall and not raining I'm usually wearing these unless it's an occassion that requires other footwear). These are nice too, have a air pocket on the back, they're pretty durable heavy duty type for a flip flop sandle. Even has a beer bottle opener on the bottom underneath side of the foot, didn't know that til after about a year of having them when I was sitting in a lawn chair by a fireside, had one foot folded up over my other knee and my buddy reached over out of nowhere to pop open his Corona and he ****ed up and sprayed his beer everywhere all over my leg. I was thinking "WTF are you doing man?" He laughed and said I have a bottle opener on my sandal. So we kinda laughed...I honestly didn't know that when I bought the sandal. I guess I never did look on the underside. I just tried it on and it felt very comfortable so I purchased them. They're expensive sandals though, about $45-$55
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmOHzR6SrTcSl61PhDEchZe3yR8TJx_62qX6H1ulsXHgI48EKsnWuP65RWog33hFmfYn1qjGQt&usqp=CAE

-Field & Stream Gortex Hunting Boots - Actually have 2 pair because both of my parents bought me a pair on the same Christmas. Parents are divorced so I have 2 Christmas' to go to every year. Which I keep one pair (the less nicer of the 2) in the trunk of my car along w/ some gortex hat n gloves because you just never know if you're gonna break down and end up stranded on the side of the road in bad cold weather. The other I use for hunting or if it snows.

-I also have a pair of Adidas golf tour shoes and a pair of Air Penny Hardaway vintage basketball shoes I bought online for when I go play at the local HS here in town. Still the best basketball shoe ever made.
http://www.kobesforsale.com/images/Nike-Air-Penny-1-1001.jpg

BucEyedPea
08-02-2014, 10:44 AM
Men don't have as many outfits to consider for fashion. Women's fashions require different accessories per outfit, if it's to look coordinated and complete. Jewelry, scarves, shoes and purses. Actually they make the outfit. Some may overlap but many don't.

I have about 80 shoes and ten purses and boots—all that match the shoes or boots. Well, I did when I worked in the city more...I am just more casual now. But I still need pumps or dressy heels for certain occasions. I like different sandals, loafers, athletic shoes, tie shoes and several Sperry Top Siders. I just love nice footwear. This way they each last longer instead of wearing them by wearing one pair too often.

Sounds to me like your lady friend is a fashion conscious girl is all.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
08-02-2014, 10:46 AM
They put them in their vaginas

Chiefs Pantalones
08-02-2014, 10:47 AM
One day you'll meet a woman and you'll understand it's not worth the time to try and figure them out. Just do as they say. Lol

CoMoChief
08-02-2014, 10:48 AM
Men don't have as many outfits to consider for fashion. Women's fashions require different accessories per outfit, if it's to look coordinated and complete. Jewelry, scarves, shoes and purses. Actually they make the outfit. Some may overlap but many don't.

I have about 80 shoes and ten purses and boots—all that match the shoes or boots. Well, I did when I worked in the city more...I am just more casual now. But I still need pumps or dressy heels for certain occasions. I like different sandals, loafers, athletic shoes, tie shoes and several Sperry Top Siders. I just love nice footwear. This way they each last longer instead of wearing them by wearing one pair too often.

Sounds to me like your lady friend is a fashion conscious girl is all.

80 pairs of shoes?!?! LMAO

KCUnited
08-02-2014, 10:48 AM
And what's up with going to the bathroom together??? Don't even get me started on the whole driving thing either.

BucEyedPea
08-02-2014, 10:50 AM
80 pairs of shoes?!?! LMAO

Well, some are boots and some are sandals. They accumulated over the years. I don't wear most of them often enough, but they're there if I need them. I did throw about 10 out a couple of years ago but they're the ones that got more wear.

-King-
08-02-2014, 10:51 AM
tl;dr
Posted via Mobile Device

BucEyedPea
08-02-2014, 10:53 AM
Ev'r see this stiletto statue?

A tribute to fashionable women everywhere!

http://www.desertcompanion.com/images/feb_2011_shoe.jpg

BucEyedPea
08-02-2014, 10:54 AM
Shoes are just beautiful mini-sculptures—works of art!

lewdog
08-02-2014, 10:54 AM
Rico will be along shortly to talk about why he loves shoes and long paragraphs.

Dayze
08-02-2014, 11:07 AM
I have 4 pairs of shoes. boom. done.

of course, if I had my way I'd have 20 guitars and 10 motorcycles. I'm sure the wife wouldn't understand that either

gblowfish
08-02-2014, 11:09 AM
BEP=Imelda Marcos
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2207353/Imelda-Marcos-legendary-3-000-plus-shoe-collection-destroyed-termites-floods-neglect.html

BucEyedPea
08-02-2014, 11:23 AM
BEP=Imelda Marcos
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2207353/Imelda-Marcos-legendary-3-000-plus-shoe-collection-destroyed-termites-floods-neglect.html

No she had a lot more than me—much, much more. She would have like one design in ten colors. I read her shoe inventory once.LMAO

BucEyedPea
08-02-2014, 11:26 AM
BTW, when my washer broke down it flooded the far end of my walk-in closet wrecking some shoes and two of my favorite Coach purses. Gonna get those purses refurbished if I can.

Kman34
08-02-2014, 11:35 AM
I have a wife and three daughters...... you do the math then multiply by 8.

Anyong Bluth
08-02-2014, 11:56 AM
I often ask myself this same question of my puppy. He also has yet to clarify things for me.

Rausch
08-02-2014, 12:00 PM
Women can make the switch between completely selfish and self-absorbed whore to selfless-maternal-autobot.

Can, and do. Often in one day.

Really, it's like the visible light spectrum. There's only so much humans can see. We're blind to most of it.

It's like women see and react to the entire spectrum based on factors we don't see or care about.

Our job is to lock in on the tiger ready to pounce on the group and attack...

Katipan
08-02-2014, 12:10 PM
It's because we can get really cute ones for $20.

I'm assuming the women that accumulate Manolos do so because instead of $20s they carry around $100s.

I am super clutter free. So I have enough shoes to fill a certain space. When I run out of space I donate shoes. I sure as fuck don't stop buying shoes.

Rausch
08-02-2014, 12:20 PM

It's because you aren't EVAR paying for them.

You're smart enough to convince someone else to...

Anyong Bluth
08-02-2014, 01:25 PM
In all seriousness, a majority of extra shoes people own typically are for work attire or such, and for guys there's a limited scope of colors for your basic dress shoes. Women can get away with any color in the spectrum as a dress shoe, not even accounting for style or season. It doesn't totally explain the obsession, but I kinda looks at it like if you're a guy, you get to basically shop at Aldi, and women get to check out numerous mega grocery stores and Whole Foods, etc.

Hell, shopping, in general, is by a conservative estimate tailors and offers women fashion, clothing and the rest compared to men at least 7:1. Walk through a department store and notice the allotted retail space or the number of stores in the mall divided by sex by ratio.

Men may make unequal pay compared to women, but that money is quickly divested back to women in some form about 99% of the time.

displacedinMN
08-02-2014, 02:22 PM
I have a wife and three daughters...... you do the math then multiply by 8.

Two daughters here.

I did have to make the rule that if one pair of shoes comes in, two have to leave. I am doing well in this demand.

All that has been said above is true. I can wear the same pair of shoes with multiple outfits. But I only have about 4 colors of pants and wear about the same thing to school every day. Golf shirt, dockers, shoes.

It is just easier being a guy than a woman.

BigOlChiefsfan
08-02-2014, 02:32 PM
Women spend a lot of time looking at shoes. Men spend a lot of time looking at women wearing shoes & underwear. Yin/Yang. Seems fair to me.

Coochie liquor
08-02-2014, 04:35 PM
That's CRAZY!! My wife has like 3 pairs of flip flops and that's it. She has no dress shoes, or even tennis shoes. Guess I got lucky! I've got 2 pairs of tennis shoes, 1 pair of flip flops, and my work boots!

Garcia Bronco
08-02-2014, 05:27 PM
It's so when they kick you in the balls they can get a fresh pair.

kcxiv
08-02-2014, 05:33 PM
Hell, some guys are insane about shoes too now days. a few pairs of sandles, some Chuck's, a pair of Vans and im good!

08-02-2014, 05:41 PM
TLDR

Beef Supreme
08-02-2014, 06:09 PM
TLDR

You don't have to read it. Just look at the diagram and that will tell you everything he said in the OP.

I get everything done with about 5 pairs of shoes, but tend to have about 10 because I always think the old pair might come in handy for yard work or some shit.

Women's shoes do cost a hell of a lot less than men's shoes. My shoes range from a bottom end of $50 Teva sandals to a top end of about $130 to $140.

KcMizzou
08-02-2014, 06:13 PM

I'm assuming the women that accumulate Manolos do so because instead of $20s they carry around $100s.

I am super clutter free. So I have enough shoes to fill a certain space. When I run out of space I donate shoes. I sure as fuck don't stop buying shoes.I buy new shoes when my old ones are worn out.

Katipan
08-02-2014, 06:20 PM
I buy new shoes when my old ones are worn out.

Selfish bastard.

KcMizzou
08-02-2014, 06:26 PM
Selfish bastard.LMAO

TimBone
08-02-2014, 07:58 PM
How can a post from a male OP about shoes be that long?

KcMizzou
08-02-2014, 08:03 PM
How can a post from a male OP about shoes be that long?OP has to point out his excellent taste in footwear.

Anyong Bluth
08-02-2014, 09:58 PM
How can a post from a male OP about shoes be that long?

Clearly has a foot fetish.

irocdave
08-03-2014, 12:46 AM
man I thought I was bad, 8 pairs of shoes. #1 = old stinky pair of tennis shoes, use em when I don't wear socks while working in and on the house. #2 good tennis shoes, use them when going out to non formal events. #3 & #4 dress shoes. Use them a couple of times a year when I have to.#5 & 6 are work boots, Redwing slip ons and Danner water proof for when the site is nasty. #7 are tevas for the boat. #8 are sorrels, sub 20 degree weather or snow.

My wife on the other hand has multiples for every condition. I usually toss 6 pairs of her shoes a year, she hasn't noticed yet. Been married for 20 years now. Every time a box shows up at the door for her some things going in the back of my work truck and getting tossed in the dumpster.
It's amazing how many shoes are stock piled in my kids closets and in my garage. Once a year I make a covert sweep and toss numerous pairs.

When I was a kid I had one pair. When they fell apart I got my older brothers.

I bitched about how many clothes and shoes my wife had once, she then asked why I had so many tools in the garage. That's when I kinda got it. She better never toss out my tools though.

Anyong Bluth
08-03-2014, 05:25 AM
man I thought I was bad, 8 pairs of shoes. #1 = old stinky pair of tennis shoes, use em when I don't wear socks while working in and on the house. #2 good tennis shoes, use them when going out to non formal events. #3 & #4 dress shoes. Use them a couple of times a year when I have to.#5 & 6 are work boots, Redwing slip ons and Danner water proof for when the site is nasty. #7 are tevas for the boat. #8 are sorrels, sub 20 degree weather or snow.

My wife on the other hand has multiples for every condition. I usually toss 6 pairs of her shoes a year, she hasn't noticed yet. Been married for 20 years now. Every time a box shows up at the door for her some things going in the back of my work truck and getting tossed in the dumpster.
It's amazing how many shoes are stock piled in my kids closets and in my garage. Once a year I make a covert sweep and toss numerous pairs.

When I was a kid I had one pair. When they fell apart I got my older brothers.

I bitched about how many clothes and shoes my wife had once, she then asked why I had so many tools in the garage. That's when I kinda got it. She better never toss out my tools though.

No, tools have a unique and different use or application for the job needed or required. Yes, having around 8-12 pairs of shoes makes some sense based upon the occasion or conditions, the rest is just out of want.

Not that there's anything wrong per se with variety. No different than most people don't just wear the same outfit every day. One could easily get away with wearing tan pants and a white shirt for life and be appropriately dressed for 99.9% of the time. Einstein and other eccentrics have worn the same outfit day in and day out, and it suited them just fine.

keg in kc
08-03-2014, 06:03 AM
I buy new shoes when my old ones are worn out.I buy new shoes about 5 years after my old ones are worn out. Ditto for t-shirts, shorts and sweats.

Anyong Bluth
08-03-2014, 06:39 AM
I buy new shoes about 5 years after my old ones are worn out. Ditto for t-shirts, shorts and sweats.

Depends on how much I liked the shoes in question. Some back in the day when I was young stayed in the heavy rotation until the bitter end. Walking a tight line, and on the cusp of becoming walking stink-bombs.

keg in kc
08-03-2014, 06:41 AM
Depends on how much I liked the shoes in question. Some back in the day when I was young stayed in the heavy rotation until the bitter end. Walking a tight line, and on the cusp of becoming walking stink-bombs.My toes literally stick out of my favorite shoes. Since I have flat feet and specialty shoes make a huge difference with my knees, replacements are $100-125. So I'll wear them until the soles fall off.

Eleazar
08-03-2014, 06:45 AM
One day you'll meet a woman and you'll understand it's not worth the time to try and figure them out.

this

displacedinMN
08-03-2014, 07:40 AM

I never have to figure out which hammer goes with the screwdriver I have to use.

rico
08-03-2014, 11:07 PM
Rico will be along shortly to talk about why he loves shoes and long paragraphs.

Man, I'm real apathetic about shoes. I wear Filas...my wife hates them.... she thinks that the only people who wears the type of Filas I wear are white trash and old dudes. I don't even care....I think they are comfy, so I wear them.

CoMoChief
08-03-2014, 11:10 PM
Man, I'm real apathetic about shoes. I wear Filas...my wife hates them.... she thinks that the only people who wears the type of Filas I wear are white trash and old dudes. I don't even care....I think they are comfy, so I wear them.

Really? I always thought FILA was the ultimate black people shoe.

MMXcalibur
08-03-2014, 11:24 PM
I tell my wife that I will drop her off at the mall and let her shop all day.
I can't tell you how many times in the past I've waited for her to get done shopping, all while silently planning a murder.

With a 15 month old in tow now, there's no goddamn way that I'm waiting for her to try on her 1859719057105871058101st pair of jeans at the 1897101st store we visit.

BucEyedPea
08-03-2014, 11:40 PM
I tell my wife that I will drop her off at the mall and let her shop all day.
I can't tell you how many times in the past I've waited for her to get done shopping, all while silently planning a murder.

With a 15 month old in tow now, there's no goddamn way that I'm waiting for her to try on her 1859719057105871058101st pair of jeans at the 1897101st store we visit.

:D I love it! Women are so adorable! Your wife sounds awesome.

Kyle DeLexus
08-03-2014, 11:41 PM
what's the deal with airline food?

Captain Obvious
08-03-2014, 11:47 PM
Women be shoppin'...

Kyle DeLexus
08-03-2014, 11:48 PM
Women be shoppin'...

That's true, women do shop he he he.

Dayze
08-04-2014, 03:46 AM