PDA

View Full Version : Football Glenn Dorsey likely out for 2014 season

thabear04
08-02-2014, 12:48 PM
The San Francisco 49ers' defense took another blow on Saturday.

Nose tackle Glenn Dorsey likely is out for the entirety of the 2014 season with a torn left biceps, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Saturday, per a source informed of the injury.

Dorsey started 13 of 16 games last season, providing stout run defense on early downs.

The 49ers lack proven depth at the position, as 2013 fifth-round draft pick Quinton Dial played just 19 snaps as a rookie, per Pro Football Focus. Veteran Ian Williams started camp on the physically unable to perform list after undergoing his fourth ankle surgery since last September. He's a question mark, at best, for Week 1.

Nose tackle is a niche position in San Francisco's defense, essentially saved for obvious run situations. Coordinator Vic Fangio will have to find roughly 450 to 500 snaps at the position by turning to a Dial-Williams rotation, unearthing a street free agent, engineering a trade or slipping a couple of his defensive ends into the middle.

Whereas the 49ers offense added reinforcements this offseason, the defense has been weakened since the season-ending playoff loss at Seattle.

All Pro inside linebacker NaVorro Bowman is expected to be sidelined until midseason. All Pro outside linebacker Aldon Smith is a candidate for a multi-game suspension. Fangio also has a secondary in transition, after losing a pair of starting cornerbacks and safety Donte Whitner in free agency.

Throw in the loss of Dorsey, and this defense is in jeopardy of slipping out of the top five for the first time since the 2010 season.

Bowser
08-02-2014, 12:52 PM
Sucks for them. Dorsey had been a pretty solid guy for that D.

We have these guys early, right? Week 3-ish? So much the better...

OldSchool
They mainly play in their nickle anyway. Dorsey isn't that big of a loss, tbh.

Why Not?
So he should equal his production from most of the years he was here

milkman
08-02-2014, 03:11 PM
So he should equal his production from most of the years he was here

What we should have learned is that Dorsey was used wrong by Romeo Crennel in our defense.

If we had retained him last year, he would have bee a solid rotational player to give Poe some snaps off throughout the season, which would have been a huge for this defense going into the second half of the season.

Why Not?
08-02-2014, 03:17 PM
What we should have learned is that Dorsey was used wrong by Romeo Crennel in our defense.

If we had retained him last year, he would have bee a solid rotational player to give Poe some snaps off throughout the season, which would have been a huge for this defense going into the second half of the season.

True

Coochie liquor
08-02-2014, 03:42 PM
True

But how much did they sign him for?

Mr. Laz
08-02-2014, 06:47 PM
Report: 49ers DT Glenn Dorsey tears biceps, to miss season
The 49ers got some bad news Saturday when it was reported that Glenn Dorsey will miss the 2014 season.
WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

GloryDayz
08-02-2014, 06:54 PM

This...

LiL stumppy
08-02-2014, 09:58 PM

Why would Dorsey get paid less to be a rotational player for a Chiefs when he could start at NT for a superbowl contender, and get paid more? :spock:

milkman
08-02-2014, 10:26 PM
Why would Dorsey get paid less to be a rotational player for a Chiefs when he could start at NT for a superbowl contender, and get paid more? :spock:

First, dipshit, the Chiefs had the opportunity to negotiate a contract with him before he hit the free agent market.

Second, dipshit, he only signed for 2 years, 6 mil.
That's not starter money.

He won the job in camp, in part because of injuries,

LiL stumppy
08-02-2014, 10:39 PM
First, dipshit, the Chiefs had the opportunity to negotiate a contract with him before he hit the free agent market.

He went to a super bowl contending team, that just lost Isaac Sopoaga, that was looking for defensive linemen that could play the 3-4, with a pretty good idea he was going to be the starting NT. But no, your right, he most definitely would have stayed in KC to be a backup, after being a starter for numerous years, for the same or less money... lol... who's the dipshit?

I'm wondering, with a man of your stature and beautiful flowing hair, why do you get so offended when someone calls out your egotistical bs?

milkman
08-03-2014, 05:20 AM
He went to a super bowl contending team, that just lost Isaac Sopoaga, that was looking for defensive linemen that could play the 3-4, with a pretty good idea he was going to be the starting NT. But no, your right, he most definitely would have stayed in KC to be a backup, after being a starter for numerous years, for the same or less money... lol... who's the dipshit?

I'm wondering, with a man of your stature and beautiful flowing hair, why do you get so offended when someone calls out your egotistical bs?

Dorsey didn't start the first couple of games last season.
Injuries thrust him into the starting lineup.

Bufkin
08-03-2014, 06:10 AM

Why do you always get so butthurt over the most pity stuff? Nothing he said should make even the most basic simpleton upset. Take a deep breath Chief Jay Strongbow and stop being such an exploding pussy.

milkman
08-03-2014, 06:14 AM
Why do you always get so butthurt over the most pity stuff? Nothing he said should make even the most basic simpleton upset. Take a deep breath Chief Jay Strongbow and stop being such an exploding pussy.

How about you worry about your own damn useless dumbass self?

Bufkin
08-03-2014, 06:16 AM
How about you worry about your own damn useless dumbass self?
How about you suck my balls Wang Chung? This is a public forum jizzman, I can respond to your shit fits as many times as I please.

milkman
08-03-2014, 06:28 AM
How about you suck my balls Wang Chung? This is a public forum jizzman, I can respond to your shit fits as many times as I please.

If you're going to get your panties in a bunch by my posts, ignore them, bitch.

Bufkin
08-03-2014, 06:30 AM
If you're going to get your panties in a bunch by mt posts, ignore them, bitch.
I'm not the one getting a sandy pussy over your posts, you're the one calling some guy a dipshit over a post about Glenn freakin' Dorsey. Take your fiber juice and wait for your Price is Right.

milkman
08-03-2014, 06:33 AM
I'm not the one getting a sandy pussy over your posts, you're the one calling some guy a dipshit over a post about Glenn freakin' Dorsey. Take your fiber juice and wait for your Price is Right.

If you had been here for more that 5 minutes, you'd know that there's a history here.

So take get your tampon and stop the flow.

Bufkin
08-03-2014, 06:37 AM
If you had been here for more that 5 minutes, you'd know that there's a history here.

So take get your tampon and stop the flow.
Alrighty jizzman, good luck with your internet history. Shit'll buff out bro. That Kurtwood Smith avatar definitely fits your Mr. Badass routine. Next time take it easy on a mere n00bert like me.
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8342/8240068774_f1a6c51bcb.jpg

milkman
08-03-2014, 06:41 AM
This place really misses Skip.

Bufkin
08-03-2014, 06:42 AM
This place really misses Skip.
Pouring my liquor out for your cyber-nostalgia right now. Prayers for you and yours.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-cleREvd5beU/UYK0XBmtDHI/AAAAAAAALno/I9msPiMii8I/s1600/pouring-out-liquor.gif

keg in kc
08-03-2014, 06:45 AM
This place really misses Skip.I'm sure this guy's been here for years posting equally worthless shit under some other name.

Bufkin
08-03-2014, 07:01 AM
I'm sure this guy's been here for years posting equally worthless shit under some other name.
Yeah probz.

TEX
08-03-2014, 07:37 AM

Its called HISTORY. You really should learn it before you blindly ask questions about issues and challenge posters, about style, ..."Eating pussy and kickin' ass" reveals you have a history of being douche. You dont need to prove it every time you post. We get it...

Bufkin
08-03-2014, 07:42 AM
Its called HISTORY. You really should learn it before you blindly ask questions about issues and challenge posters, about style, ..."Eating pussy and kickin' ass" reveals you have a history of being douche. You dont need to prove it every time you post. We get it...
How would that show I have a history of being a douche big guy? It shows that I munch on a lot of rug and kick a lot of hiney if you're picking up what I'm throwing down. I'm sorry that I skipped out on my doctoral dissertation on ChiefsPlanet "HISTORY".

Oh, and TEX, when I told jizzman to suck my balls, that applies to you as well. Nice car by the way. ROFL

Mav
08-03-2014, 07:43 AM
Quinton Dial now steps up.