PDA

View Full Version : Life Death and Old Age

Rain Man
08-04-2014, 05:54 PM
I just got back from my cousin's funeral.

He was eight years older than me, and the first person in my generation of family to die. I didn't know him extremely well, because we generally saw each other only on holidays, and even then only during my childhood. But he nonetheless had a notable impact on me.

Whenever we would visit his house, I had two things on my agenda. The first was to go to the bathroom and rinse the vomit out of my mouth, because they lived along some winding country roads that had the perfect harmonic pattern to make me carsick. But the second was to go check out my cousin's bolo tie collection. He was a big collector of bolo ties and always had interesting ones to look at.

The coolest bolo tie to an eight year old was one that had a small dead scorpion encased in lucite or some such thing. I'd see that, and I'd think, "Daayyyummmm, how cool are you when you're wearing a bolo tie with a scorpion in it?"

When I was 8 he was driving, and when I was 10 he was married, so we were always in a different life stage. In that way, he wasn't part of the pack, but it was good to have an older cousin because he was the leader of our generation. My parents and aunts and uncles were all adults, and I knew I'd never be an adult, but this guy was one of us. He was a cousin, and yet he had it all put together. He had a car. He had a girl. He wore cool bolo ties with scorpions. If he could do it, maybe the little dweebie kids like me could do it.

So I went to his funeral this weekend. It was a catholic funeral and I had forgotten that he was raised a catholic. Whether it was tradition or a compromise of physical space, they caught me by surprise with the his coffin. I walked in, signed the guest register, turned, and "Whoa! Dead person right behind me!" Are catholics big on funeral practical jokes?

Anyway, I'd never been to a catholic funeral, and it was good exercise. I stood and I sat and I stood and I sat. It went on a while, and at some point the priest even stopped and had a snack. Then he invited the other catholics to come up for a snack but he didn't invite the non-Catholics, and I understood a little better why northern Ireland has had those hostilities. Rather than fomenting armed conflict, I used that opportunity to head to the bathroom and then came back the next time everyone sat down and stood up.

I haven't been to a funeral in years, and remembered that I don't enjoy them. You've got family crying and friends crying and cousins trying not to cry, and the whole process seems like it's designed to make you cry. I don't like crying in public, and it generally only happens during funerals and playoff losses. That's not my gig.

My cousin's father is still alive, and he seems pretty sharp mentally though he's in a wheelchair now and he looks really old. We went to the grave service after the funeral and I saw him sitting there, and I thought, "Wow. That's a bad day for you when you're burying your only son." The guy also buried his wife three months ago after more than 60 years of marriage, and now he's got to move to an assisted living facility since he lost most of his family this year and can't really take care of himself at this point.

Then we went to the post-funeral dinner, and I have to say that the catholics shined here. The church members whip up a dinner, and while the vegetables were pretty sparse and overcooked they sure had a lot of desserts.

My elderly diabetic parents loaded up on the desserts, insisting that they're "usually pretty good about watching their sugars". They had six types of cookies on the kitchen counter when I went to their house to spend the weekend, but they're usually pretty good about watching their sugars. They ate dessert at every meal and made cinnamon rolls in the morning, so the smart bet is on diabetes to win in the long term.

So I'm sitting there, and my uncle is in his wheelchair thinking about his move and my cousin is gone. My elderly parents are gnoshing on cheesecake and my other aunt and uncle are talking about selling their rural house because they need better access to healthcare. And about this point I realize that Time is about to swing a very large scythe through my personal history. The next ten years is going to be a rough ride.

I've always declared that I will be the world's oldest human being. I love this little blue planet and I love my life. But man, I'm looking around and there's not a good end game. You either go out like my cousin and get cheated out of twenty or twenty-five years, or you go out like my uncle where you're in a room with four walls and no one knows you exist other than the Social Security Office. And I see once-omnipotent relatives getting more hunched and more forgetful and counting every penny because retirement is hard, or hobbling to work because retirement is not possible, and I'm just not seeing what I want to see. And when I don't shave my beard stubble looks really silver.

I don't know about this whole thing. Those financial ads show retired people on yachts with nautical captain hats and powder blue sweaters tied around their necks. But I don't know anybody with a yacht and I don't know that many people with powder blue sweaters, and I don't think that's really how it ends, anyway.

I'm in conflict. I absolutely don't want to go early like my cousin did, because he got cheated. But I'm not really liking how it ends for the older ones, too. We all got put onto this ride and right now we're laughing and screaming and holding our hands up in the air, but I don't think we're going to be collecting our belongings and exiting to the right when it's over. And I don't really like that. Maybe I'll start looking more into the Walt Disney disembodied head option.

There needs to be a rewind button or something.

mdchiefsfan
08-04-2014, 06:01 PM
Depressing realization. This is why it would be bad to know the future. The mystery of it coming for you makes life worthwhile. Make the most of it and have no regrets, so that it won't matter if you go early or are posted up in a nursing home.

mdchiefsfan
08-04-2014, 06:02 PM
To ad: this thought process will now be stuck with me forever. I hope I can shake it. Thanks Rainman.

Rain Man
08-04-2014, 06:08 PM
To ad: this thought process will now be stuck with me forever. I hope I can shake it. Thanks Rainman.

I've always tried to avoid this realization, but man - this was a rough trip home. It was like living inside that Mickey Rourke wrestling movie or that recent Nebraska movie, but without the music.

mdchiefsfan
08-04-2014, 06:11 PM
I'll just be happy if I don't die from Ebola. That will shake it (hopefully)!

LoneWolf
08-04-2014, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the giant serving of depression with a large cup of self-awareness. If nobody sees me post in the next 48 hours, can someone alert the authorities in Wichita to let them know there is a Chiefs fan hanging in a closet on the west side of town.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-04-2014, 06:24 PM
Wow! I think I'll put on my night vision and go looking for strays tonight.

shitgoose
08-04-2014, 06:25 PM
Can you quit with this depressing BS rainman?

I'm trying to watch my sugars

Buzz
08-04-2014, 06:26 PM
Me, I'm just running the race.

Katipan
08-04-2014, 06:32 PM
Live a full enough life that your end game is of little consequence to you.

I have a batty 90 year old grandmother still living on her own. I suppose on the outside her life doesn't seem too exciting. She's certainly lost a lot of loved ones. But she's still the happiest person I know.

It's all about how you want to approach it.

Gadzooks
08-04-2014, 06:33 PM
Doesn't this dawn on most people in their early adolescence?
I recall seeing my Grandparents, Great Aunts and Uncles deteriorating every time I saw them. My teens were often interrupted for my services as a pall-bearer.

I've had a hard time deciding whether to live my life on the straight and narrow with the hopes of living to to a ripe old age/ or / to indulge in the things that give my life pleasure.(it's unfortunate they can't be one in the same).

I've opted for the latter and have made every effort to leave behind everything I can for those left in my wake.

My family has a history of Alzheimer Disease, Cancer, Heart Disease. I've watched it cut down older relatives with no support. I don't plan on going out like that. My death will be a pensive moment. It may sting at first, but those left behind will be stronger for it.

Bugeater
08-04-2014, 06:38 PM
I've always tried to avoid this realization, but man - this was a rough trip home. It was like living inside that Mickey Rourke wrestling movie or that recent Nebraska movie, but without the music.
There's a movie about Nebraska? Is it just 90 minutes of nothing?

BigRedChief
08-04-2014, 06:38 PM
This is why you don't fuck around and live life. It ain't no dress rehearsal. Regrets have to be the worst possible last feeling you can possibly have.

Rain Man
08-04-2014, 06:41 PM

There are a couple of funny parts, but otherwise, yeah.

irocdave
08-04-2014, 06:42 PM
Life sucks sometimes. Just remember you can only control what you can control, which isn't a lot sometimes but you keep trying. We are all much more fortunate than most in this world, being in the US, having family that pretty much controls there situation in life as we also have. The will to live should be strong, no matter the circumstances as that's what makes all beings strong. It sucks seeing people get old and loose their cognitive ability but they made it to that stage, most human beings don't.

When bad things happen in life you wonder why are we here. The reason ( don't need a religious sermon) is because we are and we need to make the most of it. Worship Christ, Buddha, Islam, whatever. The will to survive is not religious based, it's the most characteristic of the life forms on this planet. Do your best while your here and let your maker judge you when your not.

Keep your chin up, what doesn't kill you will make you stronger and that's the truth to the life we live.

TimBone
08-04-2014, 06:50 PM

There are a couple of funny parts, but otherwise, yeah.

That is the best description of the movie. I thought those few funny laughs were worth it though. They were quality laughs.

Trivers
08-04-2014, 06:50 PM
Sorry for your loss. You have great sense of humor. You are making your own path.

You only live once; make the most of it. Don't be become a hippie and frequent nude beaches of old fat people; nor become a money obsessed miser.

Perhaps before it is all over, and you feel your body fading away, you can tell the Grim Reaper that you go peacefully as the Chiefs won a SB again!

jamesincanada
08-04-2014, 06:52 PM
Knowing the future is a bitch. I was tested for Huntington's because it runs in my family and I've got it. I don't have any symptoms yet, but it is surreal trying to wrap my head around it. Seeing my Mom is a front row seat to my future. The hardest part to accept is that now my daughter has a 50-50 chance of getting it.

Whoever said "Ignorance is bliss" wasn't ****ing kidding.

cmh6476
08-04-2014, 06:53 PM
I think the deciding factor really could be if you really want someone else to have to wipe your ass again.

Rain Man
08-04-2014, 06:54 PM
Knowing the future is a bitch. I was tested for Huntington's because it runs in my family and I've got it. I don't have any symptoms yet, but it is surreal trying to wrap my head around it. Seeing my Mom is a front row seat to my future. The hardest part to accept is that now my daughter has a 50-50 chance of getting it.

Whoever said "Ignorance is bliss" wasn't ****ing kidding.

Sorry to hear that. A friend of mine has it, and that's a tough break to catch.

jamesincanada
08-04-2014, 07:02 PM
Thanks. Sorry to hear about your friend. It is a shitty disease. It seems like because it's pretty rare that it doesn't get many research hours/dollars.

Hammock Parties
08-04-2014, 07:19 PM
Maybe if you live long enough you can finish this Sandbox Simulations Football thing.

Hammock Parties
08-04-2014, 07:20 PM
This is why you don't fuck around and live life. It ain't no dress rehearsal. Regrets have to be the worst possible last feeling you can possibly have.

I've already decided I'm going somewhere exotic and strange next year. With sand. And I don't plan to sit in it and drink fruity alcohol.

WilliamTheIrish
08-04-2014, 07:21 PM
Kev,

As a non practicing Catholic, I actually enjoy the funeral service. The Irish perfected it many centuries ago by having "the wake". It used to be the wake took place in the home of the deceased. And in my Dad's generation you would walk in to the home and the body would be there in the casket.
Many are the stories I recall of my parents telling me they said goodbye to friends at these wakes. The drinks flowed freely as well as the stories. And who can spin yarns better than the Irish? There were times where the the decedent was taken out of the casket and put in his favorite rocking chair or recliner and his life was toasted in celebration.

My mothers service was packed into a church in downtown Topeka where they flowed out from the vestibule onto the sidewalk. As the story of her life was told (a very tragic life) and completed, she was greeted by 600 people giving her a standing ovation. In death. She deserved it in life.

I'm of that age where I think about my mortality. Being 51 was difficult for me because that was the age that my father passed. I made it past that and some of those ghosts have relented. But some remain.

I'm sorry to hear about your cousin. The bolo tie story is magnificent.

Life is good.

cdcox
08-04-2014, 08:07 PM
In the past year, my FIL went from a normal guy, to delusional dementia, to dead -- every tradition was very sudden. My mom went into a nursing home with late stage Alzheimer's disease after my dad had a minor stroke and couldn't care for her any more. Dad is actually doing well, but his actuarial clock is something like 7 years. Yes, I've reflected a great deal this past year, which has been one of the most noteworthy and interesting of my nearly 53 years.

The end is the dues you pay to play the game. You can't change the dues, so it is imperative to get the most out of the game as you can, while you can, however you define it. One of the true good things of your life is that you define what a good life means. In the end, I rate that as a pretty damn good deal and I would the whole thing again if I could, a thousand times over. The real tragedy isn't the way it ends, but rather the fact you can't put another quarter in the pinball machine for another go.

Direckshun
08-04-2014, 08:08 PM
Homer Simpson, of all people, had probably the best quote bet about death, totally summarizing how I feel about it:

"I'm not afraid of dying. I just don't want to be there when it happens."

BucEyedPea
08-04-2014, 08:55 PM
Anyway, I'd never been to a catholic funeral, and it was good exercise. I stood and I sat and I stood and I sat.

Heh!Heh! That used to get to me. Sorry to hear about your cousin's death. What did he die of?

It went on a while, and at some point the priest even stopped and had a snack. Then he invited the other catholics to come up for a snack but he didn't invite the non-Catholics, and I understood a little better why northern Ireland has had those hostilities.

You sure it wasn't the communion wafer part of the ceremony?

Then we went to the post-funeral dinner, and I have to say that the catholics shined here. The church members whip up a dinner, and while the vegetables were pretty sparse and overcooked they sure had a lot of desserts.

The Italian Catholics really go to town on serving a meal after a funeral.

TribalElder
08-04-2014, 09:05 PM
I just got back from my cousin's funeral.

He was eight years older than me, and the first person in my generation of family to die. I didn't know him extremely well, because we generally saw each other only on holidays, and even then only during my childhood. But he nonetheless had a notable impact on me.

Whenever we would visit his house, I had two things on my agenda. The first was to go to the bathroom and rinse the vomit out of my mouth, because they lived along some winding country roads that had the perfect harmonic pattern to make me carsick. But the second was to go check out my cousin's bolo tie collection. He was a big collector of bolo ties and always had interesting ones to look at.

The coolest bolo tie to an eight year old was one that had a small dead scorpion encased in lucite or some such thing. I'd see that, and I'd think, "Daayyyummmm, how cool are you when you're wearing a bolo tie with a scorpion in it?"

When I was 8 he was driving, and when I was 10 he was married, so we were always in a different life stage. In that way, he wasn't part of the pack, but it was good to have an older cousin because he was the leader of our generation. My parents and aunts and uncles were all adults, and I knew I'd never be an adult, but this guy was one of us. He was a cousin, and yet he had it all put together. He had a car. He had a girl. He wore cool bolo ties with scorpions. If he could do it, maybe the little dweebie kids like me could do it.

So I went to his funeral this weekend. It was a catholic funeral and I had forgotten that he was raised a catholic. Whether it was tradition or a compromise of physical space, they caught me by surprise with the his coffin. I walked in, signed the guest register, turned, and "Whoa! Dead person right behind me!" Are catholics big on funeral practical jokes?

Anyway, I'd never been to a catholic funeral, and it was good exercise. I stood and I sat and I stood and I sat. It went on a while, and at some point the priest even stopped and had a snack. Then he invited the other catholics to come up for a snack but he didn't invite the non-Catholics, and I understood a little better why northern Ireland has had those hostilities. Rather than fomenting armed conflict, I used that opportunity to head to the bathroom and then came back the next time everyone sat down and stood up.

I haven't been to a funeral in years, and remembered that I don't enjoy them. You've got family crying and friends crying and cousins trying not to cry, and the whole process seems like it's designed to make you cry. I don't like crying in public, and it generally only happens during funerals and playoff losses. That's not my gig.

My cousin's father is still alive, and he seems pretty sharp mentally though he's in a wheelchair now and he looks really old. We went to the grave service after the funeral and I saw him sitting there, and I thought, "Wow. That's a bad day for you when you're burying your only son." The guy also buried his wife three months ago after more than 60 years of marriage, and now he's got to move to an assisted living facility since he lost most of his family this year and can't really take care of himself at this point.

My elderly diabetic parents loaded up on the desserts, insisting that they're "usually pretty good about watching their sugars". They had six types of cookies on the kitchen counter when I went to their house to spend the weekend, but they're usually pretty good about watching their sugars. They ate dessert at every meal and made cinnamon rolls in the morning, so the smart bet is on diabetes to win in the long term.

So I'm sitting there, and my uncle is in his wheelchair thinking about his move and my cousin is gone. My elderly parents are gnoshing on cheesecake and my other aunt and uncle are talking about selling their rural house because they need better access to healthcare. And about this point I realize that Time is about to swing a very large scythe through my personal history. The next ten years is going to be a rough ride.

I've always declared that I will be the world's oldest human being. I love this little blue planet and I love my life. But man, I'm looking around and there's not a good end game. You either go out like my cousin and get cheated out of twenty or twenty-five years, or you go out like my uncle where you're in a room with four walls and no one knows you exist other than the Social Security Office. And I see once-omnipotent relatives getting more hunched and more forgetful and counting every penny because retirement is hard, or hobbling to work because retirement is not possible, and I'm just not seeing what I want to see. And when I don't shave my beard stubble looks really silver.

I don't know about this whole thing. Those financial ads show retired people on yachts with nautical captain hats and powder blue sweaters tied around their necks. But I don't know anybody with a yacht and I don't know that many people with powder blue sweaters, and I don't think that's really how it ends, anyway.

I'm in conflict. I absolutely don't want to go early like my cousin did, because he got cheated. But I'm not really liking how it ends for the older ones, too. We all got put onto this ride and right now we're laughing and screaming and holding our hands up in the air, but I don't think we're going to be collecting our belongings and exiting to the right when it's over. And I don't really like that. Maybe I'll start looking more into the Walt Disney disembodied head option.

There needs to be a rewind button or something.

Catholic services are always an event and they typically make sure all the non Catholics realize they are not in the club by disallowing them communion and shit like that.

Sorry for your loss, dying sucks. You mention he went 20-25 years early or so, I have to ask. Which type of frozen pizza was he selecting on the previously posted frozen pizza life scale?

Rain Man
08-04-2014, 09:13 PM
Sorry for your loss, dying sucks. You mention he went 20-25 years early or so, I have to ask. Which type of frozen pizza was he selecting on the previously posted frozen pizza life scale?

He was a humble guy. While he was probably in the Red Baron phase of life, I have a feeling that he never chose to go past Totino's.

Heh!Heh! That used to get to me. Sorry to hear about your cousin's death. What did he die of?

Pancreatic cancer. Came as a surprise.

You sure it wasn't the communion wafer part of the ceremony?

I can't put anything by you.

Buehler445
08-04-2014, 09:23 PM
Sorry to hear RM. I'm in the same boat. Since I moved back to Scott everyone has decided to do all their aging in the last 5 years.

I can't be old. Fortunately I'm pretty sure it won't happen.

BullJunkandIron
08-04-2014, 09:31 PM
Is anybody else losing their mind and not remembering a damn thing?

mlyonsd
08-04-2014, 09:38 PM
I've watched my MIL die of pancreatic cancer at a relatively young age and and my mom die from basically old age. I think the older you get the more you accept the inevitable. My advice is to decide where you believe your soul will go after this life. Seriously RM your wit on life in general makes me believe you've lived before.

And if a mod sends this to DC because of this post FU.

BigBeauford
08-04-2014, 09:43 PM
Sorry to hear that. You should definitely treat yourself to some Digorno's.

Dave Lane
08-04-2014, 09:44 PM
I've always said I want to live a life so full and so meaningful that death will be afraid to come for me.

Dave Lane
08-04-2014, 09:46 PM
Homer Simpson, of all people, had probably the best quote bet about death, totally summarizing how I feel about it:

"I'm not afraid of dying. I just don't want to be there when it happens."

That was Woody Allen

mlyonsd
08-04-2014, 09:49 PM
I've always said I want to live a life so full and so meaningful that death will be afraid to come for me.
Don't worry, we'll have a beer waiting for you.

Dave Lane
08-04-2014, 09:58 PM
Don't worry, we'll have a beer waiting for you.

I want more than one.

Iowanian
08-04-2014, 09:59 PM
The only thing a guy can do is live right. There is no use "saving your body" and my plan is to tumble across the finish line out of fuel, with dents on every corner and smoke rolling from the wreckage of a life lived well.

Raise Another Round boys
Have another Glass
Be thankful for today
you know it will never last
Let's leave this world a laughing
when our Eulogy's are read
may we all get to heaven
before the devli knows we're dead

-turnpike Troubadours.

mlyonsd
08-04-2014, 10:00 PM
I want more than one.
I'll buy.

Prison Bitch
08-04-2014, 10:06 PM
Watch some old WWII clips and see all the dead 18 year old guys killed by megalomaniac pursuits, or children starved to death in Africa or butchered in some dumb tribal war. Americans have it quite well and if my life ends slobbering on myself in an old folks home, I had it better than 99% of humans in history had it

Fat Elvis
08-04-2014, 10:12 PM
Is anybody else losing their mind and not remembering a damn thing?

I dunno....

BucEyedPea
08-04-2014, 10:23 PM
[QUOTE=TribalElder;10794974]Catholic services are always an event and they typically make sure all the non Catholics realize they are not in the club by disallowing them communion and shit like that.[/url[
Even if your a Catholic there's rules before you can receive communion. If not fulfilled you're not supposed to receive either.

Cheater5
08-04-2014, 10:53 PM
Yup. We all die. Some die alone. And some die painfully. And some don't make it as long as others. Nobody's special. Feckin' revelation time...:rolleyes:

Death is winning, and there ain't no such thing as getting "cheated out of 20-25 years"; you get what you get.

Make peace with it and move out.

Why Not?
08-05-2014, 03:28 AM
Make peace with it and move out.

Shit. I have to accept death and leave my house? Life really isn't fair.

WilliamTheIrish
08-05-2014, 06:06 AM
my plan is to tumble across the finish line out of fuel, with dents on every corner and smoke rolling from the wreckage of a life lived well.

I'm using this.

headsnap
08-05-2014, 07:08 AM
Rainman, I have the same thing going on too... My cousin Chip, ten years older than me and the oldest of the cousins, suddenly passed away last Saturday of a heart attack. Chip was the quintessential 70's surfer dude, always full of life, it's tough seeing him struck down so early.

I also had one of my BMX competitors pass away two weeks ago. A month ago 'Pinky' was posting pics from his big rig on Facebook, he finds out he has advanced pancreatic cancer and less than two weeks he's gone...

I have been thinking about these lyrics a lot lately:

When the stranger came to town
All the people watched with wonder
In their tattered clothes
Gathered ‘round and raised their eyes up from the dirt

And the stranger said to them
I have been upon the mountain
I have witnessed forces, like cannons
That could ram you to the ground

Stand up on your feet
'Cause your life is short as hell
You could be dead tomorrow
Today may be your

Last chance to believe in yourself
Your last chance to yell
Your last chance to be good to yourself
Your last chance to drink from life's well

In the crowd a voice was heard
Should we get them before they get you
Should we strike the first blow
He said no, no, no, you don't understand

The enemy is in your heart
Self-respect robbed by self-pity
Look across the country
All the people with their dreams dead in their hearts

Stand up your feet
'Cause your life is short as hell
You could be dead tomorrow
Today may be your

Your last chance to yell
So drink from the well

Oh yeah
It could be your
Your last chance to yell
Drink from the well
Oh yeah
Yeah
Drink from the well

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/l5BqpvcWuyo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KC native
08-05-2014, 07:49 AM
Condolences.

I've been fortunate/unfortunate to face my mortality pretty early in life. I've lost at least a half dozen close friends and 2 of my most important family members (my grandma who played a huge role in raising me and my uncle who was more or less my father).

It's a huge reason as to why I'm adamant about doing what the fuck I want and say to hell with what people/society expect of me.

Ebolapox
08-05-2014, 08:31 AM
I miss my uncle charles.

KC native
08-05-2014, 08:34 AM
I miss my uncle charles.

y'all

Iconic
08-05-2014, 08:48 AM
If you wrote a book I would buy it...

just saying.

tooge
08-05-2014, 09:13 AM
Meh, enjoy the shit out of life while you are here and able to. Do everything you can.

beach tribe
08-05-2014, 09:16 AM
The lifestyle that I lead with my family history pretty much guarantees that I will never be stuck in a hospital bed or nursing home.
Every year after 65 will be 1-ups.

beach tribe
08-05-2014, 09:19 AM
Condolences.

I've been fortunate/unfortunate to face my mortality pretty early in life. I've lost at least a half dozen close friends and 2 of my most important family members (my grandma who played a huge role in raising me and my uncle who was more or less my father).

It's a huge reason as to why I'm adamant about doing what the **** I want and say to hell with what people/society expect of me.

What does society expect of you?
Just curious.

beach tribe
08-05-2014, 09:21 AM
If I hit the ground dead right now at 34, I wouldn't feel the least bit cheated.

ChiTown
08-05-2014, 09:25 AM
The only thing a guy can do is live right. There is no use "saving your body" and my plan is to tumble across the finish line out of fuel, with dents on every corner and smoke rolling from the wreckage of a life lived well.

Raise Another Round boys
Have another Glass
Be thankful for today
you know it will never last
Let's leave this world a laughing
when our Eulogy's are read
may we all get to heaven
before the devli knows we're dead

-turnpike Troubadours.

Love it!:clap: