PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs ***Geno Smith Watch 2014***

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Hammock Parties
08-07-2014, 04:10 PM
Choco Penii starts his second glorious season tonight with the New York Jets in less than an hour.

Praise him with great praise!

Hammock Parties
08-07-2014, 04:12 PM
And yes, he is the Jets starter.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/geno-smith-spotlight-colts-michael-vick-waits-wings-article-1.1894742

Smith, starting the Jets’ preseason opener at home against the Colts Thursday night, will have every opportunity to be on the field for Gang Green this season — assuming he doesn’t implode. The evaluation of Smith has been ongoing through training camp — where he has been OK but not fantastic — but a better gauge of his progress will be the quarter he plays against Indianapolis.

Even though it would be a major surprise at this point for Smith not to start the season as the Jets quarterback, Vick will surely be a lurking reminder all year long that the second-year QB is going to have to be much improved from his rookie campaign.

“I think that if you have Mike Vick come in here, you better be on top of your game, and obviously Geno is,” Rex Ryan said this week.

Mr. Laz
08-07-2014, 04:14 PM
troll is still trolling

another thread to put on ignore

Pasta Little Brioni
08-07-2014, 04:14 PM
De berg level brah

LoneWolf
08-07-2014, 04:15 PM
Kill this fucking thread with AIDS fire and give the OP a temp ban. Come on mods!

Deberg_1990
08-07-2014, 04:15 PM
Vick starts by game 3

KCrockaholic
08-07-2014, 04:27 PM
GENO BABY HAS RETURNED

Fish
08-07-2014, 04:32 PM
I still believe in Geno.

Hammock Parties
08-07-2014, 04:34 PM
I still believe in Geno.

I believe that G will win.

Titty Meat
08-07-2014, 04:36 PM
This thread sucks

eDave
08-07-2014, 04:42 PM
This thread sucks

Did you really think this thread wouldn't make an appearance? Going to be an annual thing.

Hammock Parties
08-07-2014, 04:44 PM
This thread is THE source for Geno Smith preseason GIFs. This game isn't on TV, folks. I'm firing up the GIF machine and we're going to roll hard tonight. Unless you have NFL preseason live streaming, you need me. You need me badly. Because Geno Smith is magical. It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga. Let me tell you of the days of high adventure!

John Dope
08-07-2014, 04:46 PM
Seriously? There are three Chiefs threads on the front page of the lounge and this is one of them? You are going to start a mega thread about Geno Smith?

Hammock Parties
08-07-2014, 04:47 PM
Seriously? There are three Chiefs threads on the front page of the lounge and this is one of them? You are going to start a mega thread about Geno Smith?

He's a special boy.

Titty Meat
08-07-2014, 04:48 PM
Did you really think this thread wouldn't make an appearance? Going to be an annual thing.

Nah this guy will be a starter as long as Mark Sanchez was

eDave
08-07-2014, 04:58 PM

Enjoy. It will be up here all season loooooong. It's a good time.

In58men
08-07-2014, 05:02 PM
Geno Smith > Alex Smith

TLO
08-07-2014, 05:04 PM
At least you've got Inmem on your side.

KCrockaholic
08-07-2014, 05:06 PM
Geno Smith > Alex Smith

You will all realize your fate

08-07-2014, 05:07 PM
Oh good grief. Let. It. Go.

In58men
08-07-2014, 05:09 PM
You will all realize your fate

Alex was a 1.1 QB and Geno was 2.39 QB and is still better. Sucks doesn't it.

Hammock Parties
Oh good grief. Let. It. Go.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ahts98kT_fQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mschiefs1984
" his second glorious season"

ummmmm when was his first?

KCrockaholic
08-07-2014, 05:10 PM
Alex was a 1.1 QB and Geno was 2.39 QB and is still better. Sucks doesn't it.

Chefs r dumb

TLO
08-07-2014, 05:11 PM
GENO SMITH MAFIA!

eDave
08-07-2014, 05:12 PM
LMAO

Nice Jets D.

KCrockaholic
08-07-2014, 05:13 PM
LMAO

Nice Jets D.

Geno already showed us his D.

It's saved on Clays cpu actually.

Don Corlemahomes
08-07-2014, 05:13 PM
i wish we had geno :(

Hammock Parties
08-07-2014, 05:14 PM
Does Geno need to get out there and play CB?

eDave
08-07-2014, 05:15 PM
Does Geno need to get out there and play CB?

Alex Smith would

Hammock Parties
08-07-2014, 05:40 PM
Geno killing it, folks.

http://i.imgur.com/uGMKpY4.gif

http://i.imgur.com/tfShFxu.gif

RealSNR
08-07-2014, 05:46 PM
Geno's been reportedly looking great in camp.

Eric Decker might not suffer a decrease in stats all that much if he's got the King Midas of chocolate out there throwing him the ball.

scho63
08-07-2014, 07:52 PM
Why no Chad Pennington, Richard Todd, Ken O'Brien or Joe Namath thread?

Eleazar
08-07-2014, 07:53 PM
Vick by midseason, I'm guessing.

Abba-Dabba
08-08-2014, 02:23 AM
Vick by midseason, I'm guessing.

...only to be injured after 3 qtrs of play.

08-08-2014, 02:42 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ahts98kT_fQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LMAO

Coochie liquor
08-08-2014, 05:22 AM
How about if you only participate on this site on weeks Geno Smith starts for the Jets?? And your little butt buddy (In58Men) too!!

ILChief
08-08-2014, 05:32 AM
http://makeameme.org/media/created/not-this-shit.jpg

Marcellus
08-08-2014, 05:55 AM
Thread ignore option is glorious. Goodbye thread.

Sandy Vagina
08-08-2014, 06:07 AM
LMAO ... Drink in the butt-hurt!

RealSNR
08-08-2014, 07:47 AM
LMAO ... Drink in the butt-hurt!

Butthurt? Geno did well last night.

Dinny Bossa Nova
08-08-2014, 08:24 AM
They will never sell as many as the Mickey Mouse back in the day. Mickey might just out-sell Geno this year anyway.

Dinny

Dinny Bossa Nova
08-08-2014, 08:40 AM
Some recent Geno stuff.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/08/5_observations_about_geno_smith_from_jets_preseason_opener_vs_colts.html

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/08/geno_smith_better_not_slip_up_because_michael_vick_is_ready_and_waiting_politi.html

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/08/mike_vick_on_taking_field_to_ovation_from_jets_fans_i_wasnt_expecting.html

There are other articles on that page, as well. More than I am willing to copy and paste. It seems like there are more Geno fan-boi-homers on this board than anywhere else.

Dinny

Sandy Vagina
08-08-2014, 09:13 AM
Butthurt? Geno did well last night.

well, that's the butt-hurt now, isn't it? The better Geno looks, the more some here will weep that he was not the chosen one for KC. ;)

bdj23
08-08-2014, 09:59 AM
It's amazing how this moran gets free reign to troll this place.

Molitoth
08-08-2014, 11:22 AM
It seems like there are more Geno fan-boi-homers on this board than anywhere else.

Dinny

A lot of us on this board studied a TON of Geno film when we thought we were going to be drafting a QBOTF instead of a slapdick project Tackle from a small school to replace our top tier 1st round draft pick LT that we traded up for to get.

So yes, some of us are interested in how this is going to play out.

RealSNR
08-08-2014, 11:23 AM
well, that's the butt-hurt now, isn't it? The better Geno looks, the more some here will weep that he was not the chosen one for KC. ;)

So... Geno plays well = butthurt

Geno doesn't play well = butthurt

You sound like a reasonable individual.

And let's get this straight: This is about Geno vs Eric Fisher.

ShowtimeSBMVP
08-08-2014, 11:28 AM

Geno was never gonna be a Chief when they traded for Alex Smith. So this line of thinking is just dumb.

htismaqe
08-08-2014, 11:35 AM
It seems like there are more Geno fan-boi-homers on this board than anywhere else.

Crazy, considering this is the biggest Alex Smith fan site on the internet.

Dinny Bossa Nova
08-08-2014, 11:38 AM
A lot of us on this board studied a TON of Geno film when we thought we were going to be drafting a QBOTF instead of a slapdick project Tackle from a small school to replace our top tier 1st round draft pick LT that we traded up for to get.

So yes, some of us are interested in how this is going to play out.

You guys need to get a balance adjustment on your chakras. Both of you all is aight with me, you just have some funk in your chakras.

I think I got a Fisher vs Geno or Alex vs Geno thread around here somewhere. Won't you please excuse me for a moment?

Dinny

Dinny Bossa Nova
08-08-2014, 11:46 AM
Crazy, considering this is the biggest Alex Smith fan site on the internet.

Yeah, htis, I see how it looks like that was what I was saying. I should have worded it better.

What I was getting at is Geno doesn't seem to be very popular with Jets fans. I don't think they are ready to flush him just yet, there just doesn't seem to be much slack in the noose.

Dinny

Hammock Parties
08-08-2014, 12:09 PM
Geno looked like he's sped up and adjusted to the pro game last night. I foresee an excellent year two for this young man.

LoneWolf
08-08-2014, 12:13 PM
Geno looked like he's sped up and adjusted to the pro game last night. I foresee an excellent year two for this young man.

And that my friends is what you call the kiss of death. If Clay thinks you are going to be great, you are truly fucked. I expect there to be a story out before the end of the week about Geno spitting on and slapping some woman at a bar. I hope Geno is looking into the strip clubs around New York to choose which one he wants to DJ at when his career is in the shitter.

htismaqe
08-08-2014, 12:14 PM
And that my friends is what you call the kiss of death. If Clay thinks you are going to be great, you are truly fucked. I expect there to be a story out before the end of the week about Geno spitting on and slapping some woman at a bar. I hope Geno is looking into the strip clubs around New York to choose which one he wants to DJ at when his career is in the shitter.

He's going to go full Larry Johnson? :D

BigBeauford
08-08-2014, 12:26 PM
Nah this guy will be a starter as long as Mark Sanchez was

Yeah, htis, I see how it looks like that was what I was saying. I should have worded it better.

What I was getting at is Geno doesn't seem to be very popular with Jets fans. I don't think they are ready to flush him just yet,there just doesn't seem to be much slack in the noose.

Dinny

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/002/135/sw50sw8sw578.gif

LoneWolf
08-08-2014, 12:27 PM
He's going to go full Larry Johnson? :D

That's was the idea. Clay was so gay for Larry Johnson he made Jesse Tyler Ferguson look like a lumberjack.

Hammock Parties
08-08-2014, 12:32 PM
I'm not yet gay for choco penii....but I am interested in having a few drinks.

BigCatDaddy
08-08-2014, 12:36 PM
Vindicated, bitches.

LoneWolf
08-08-2014, 12:41 PM
Vindicated, bitches.

Preseason, retard.
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_hy2BfmZrea8Uu-N_TR2c46vAzqeaf5GYexCYC_qjAUMi7Agtwx2uOQ

Trivers
08-08-2014, 12:41 PM
Vindicated, bitches.

And the 3rd cheerleader just arrived.

It's going to be a long year.

Let's hope Vick gets promoted soon.

htismaqe
08-08-2014, 12:45 PM

Mike Vick is fucking horrible.

Hammock Parties
08-08-2014, 12:45 PM

Vick looked old last night.

Geno is a young stud, snorting the air and champing the bit, stomping the ground.

BigCatDaddy
08-08-2014, 12:46 PM
He'll bump into the top 2/3 of NFL QB's this year without a doubt. Maybe top 1/2 to 1/3 in year 3 and be dirt cheap so they'll have talent everywhere. I can see them making a deep playoff run in the next 2 years. I'm sure as hell they'll win 1 ****ing playoff game.

LoneWolf
08-08-2014, 12:47 PM
Vick looked old last night.

Geno is a young stud, snorting the air and champing the bit, stomping the ground.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9nMUFKIOglOGybxQJRY231njtZHP_zQK-krEy-mJoFlnGxphLcrz0Vw

eDave
08-08-2014, 02:46 PM
I'm not yet gay for choco penii....but I am interested in having a few drinks.

LMAO

This dude's all-in.

Dinny Bossa Nova
08-09-2014, 04:55 PM
Couple of updates.

Rex Ryan: In Geno and Vick, Jets have “two excellent quarterbacks”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/08/rex-ryan-in-geno-and-vick-jets-have-two-excellent-quarterbacks/

Ryan tiptoes around the issue of using Vick in change-of-pace role

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/09/ryan-tiptoes-around-the-question-of-using-vick-in-change-of-pace-role/

Do you think Geno will be a Chief someday?

Dinny

jd1020
08-09-2014, 04:56 PM

Dinny

Could be.

Probably best to start scouting guys like Geno, Manuel, Dalton, Tannehill, etc..

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 04:59 PM
Geno wasn't drafted by the 49ers so he'll never be a Chief.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-09-2014, 05:06 PM
Looking forward to another shit season for Geno!

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 05:10 PM
Looking forward to another shit season for Geno!

He's gonna blow up

Pasta Little Brioni
08-09-2014, 05:19 PM
He's gonna blow up

Yeah those 20 plus picks will cause Rex to turn into fat bastard again

Coochie liquor
08-09-2014, 05:22 PM
He'll bump into the top 2/3 of NFL QB's this year without a doubt. Maybe top 1/2 to 1/3 in year 3 and be dirt cheap so they'll have talent everywhere. I can see them making a deep playoff run in the next 2 years. I'm sure as hell they'll win 1 ****ing playoff game.

What?? The effing Jets?? Dude, they're gonna be mediocre this year again. Then they're gonna fire Rex cuz the GM does t want him there anyway, then it's rebuild city! Then... My prediction.... Rex to the Raiders after they fire their coach after the season.

BigCatDaddy
08-09-2014, 05:45 PM
What?? The effing Jets?? Dude, they're gonna be mediocre this year again. Then they're gonna fire Rex cuz the GM does t want him there anyway, then it's rebuild city! Then... My prediction.... Rex to the Raiders after they fire their coach after the season.

I've got them at 9 or 10 wins. That division is pretty soft.

Otter
08-09-2014, 05:53 PM

Dinny

http://www.themillionairesecrets.net/images/2014/05/dream.jpg

REALLY?!?!?! Really? really?

Expectations of a Chiefs fan

Was your dream date night jacking off in the car next to the ugliest cheerleader while you cried on her shoulder? WTF

Dinny Bossa Nova
08-09-2014, 06:03 PM
http://www.themillionairesecrets.net/images/2014/05/dream.jpg

REALLY?!?!?! Really? really?

Expectations of a Chiefs fan

Was your dream date night jacking off in the car next to the ugliest cheerleader while you cried on her shoulder? WTF

I think it would be just dreamy if Geno were a Chief!!!

SIGH....

Dinny

John Dope
08-10-2014, 07:01 AM
Is the Geno line drawn with an age gap? It really seems like it to me. The young guys love Geno and the older crowd thinks he sucks. Maybe it's just my perception?

BigCatDaddy
08-10-2014, 07:48 AM
Is the Geno line drawn with an age gap? It really seems like it to me. The young guys love Geno and the older crowd thinks he sucks. Maybe it's just my perception?

Homer posters here hate Geno, objective posters here don't love Geno, but are open to the fact he could be a good QB in the NFL someday.

John Dope
08-10-2014, 07:58 AM
Why do people here care so much about Geno? He's a Jet.

Messier
08-10-2014, 08:05 AM
Homer posters here hate Geno, objective posters here don't love Geno, but are open to the fact he could be a good QB in the NFL someday.

That's not how it breaks down. "Objective" posters zeroed in on Geno months before the draft, and decided it was Geno or bust with the first overall pick. "objective" posters aren't just open to the idea he might be good, they are openly rooting for him to be better than Alex Smith.

Honestly, a better argument would be E.J. Manuel, who I think is, and will be better than Geno. As one of the "homers" I didn't want Geno, because of what I saw, emotionally, and against better competition. Never would have taken him first overall.

BigCatDaddy
08-10-2014, 08:28 AM
That's not how it breaks down. "Objective" posters zeroed in on Geno months before the draft, and decided it was Geno or bust with the first overall pick. "objective" posters aren't just open to the idea he might be good, they are openly rooting for him to be better than Alex Smith.

Honestly, a better argument would be E.J. Manuel, who I think is, and will be better than Geno. As one of the "homers" I didn't want Geno, because of what I saw, emotionally, and against better competition. Never would have taken him first overall.

That's complete BS.

It's pretty obvious to anyone that has been here awhile that the people that don't like Geno always tend to fall in line and like moves that the Chiefs make while others tend to be more critical of the team in other aspects/moves made. It's not just the Geno issue. The people that are open to Geno possibly not being a bust after year 1 and those that wrote him off after 3-4 games are on the opposing sides of 90% of the issues here. It goes beyond just Geno IMO. Its a mindset.

milkman
08-10-2014, 08:34 AM
Mike Vick is ****ing horrible.

This.

Michael Vick has had how many years to learn to play QB?
And he hasn't evolved a bit from the strong armed runner that entered the league 10-12 years ago.

I believe that Geno Smith has the potential to be an outstanding QB in the right system, with good coaching.
I am not sure that he is in that situation in New York.

I think Andy Reid and this offense would have been the ideal situation for him.

So, since I'm one of the older posters here, the answer to your question is no.

At the end of the day, though, since he isn't Chief, I don't really give a rat's ass whether he succeeds or not.

I only clicked on this thread because I'm bored and have read every other thread, including the Tony Stewart thread and the NFL legitimate or not thread, two topics that I have virtually no interest in.

You fuckers need to step up and start entertaining me.

Coochie liquor
08-10-2014, 08:41 AM
That's complete BS.

It's pretty obvious to anyone that has been here awhile that the people that don't like Geno always tend to fall in line and like moves that the Chiefs make while others tend to be more critical of the team in other aspects/moves made. It's not just the Geno issue. The people that are open to Geno possibly not being a bust after year 1 and those that wrote him off after 3-4 games are on the opposing sides of 90% of the issues here. It goes beyond just Geno IMO. Its a mindset.

Actually I think a lot of the same dumb asses on here that are teh ghey for Geno and want to look off his bad stats, are the same dumb asses who critique A Smith and claim he can't be a good qb and look off his good stats! That's the line for me. I'm not a huge A Smith fan, but feel he's better than the qbs on a lot of the other teams in the league.

WhiteWhale
08-10-2014, 08:52 AM
That's complete BS.

No. It's that Geno was simply never the QB that the 'smarts' around here insisted he was.

32 NFL teams agreed. He fell into the 2nd round. He struggled as a rookie. The more stuff like this happened, the more entrenched the pro-geno crowd became.

I don't have a problem with the guy and wish him all the best, but Geno Smith is more popular on this forum than any NFL forum on the internet. It's almost like the result of a bizarre social experiment.

BigCatDaddy
08-10-2014, 08:52 AM
Actually I think a lot of the same dumb asses on here that are teh ghey for Geno and want to look off his bad stats, are the same dumb asses who critique A Smith and claim he can't be a good qb and look off his good stats! That's the line for me. I'm not a huge A Smith fan, but feel he's better than the qbs on a lot of the other teams in the league.

Your post goes a bit into why I gave up any serious dialogue on the issue. I was busting a ton of guys commenting on Geno that probably didn't watch 4 quarters of Jets football all season long. ChiefO's, Marcellus, and Messier I remember that I busted talking out their asses on games that hadn't even seen.

Messier
08-10-2014, 08:55 AM
That's complete BS.

Come on. The reason Geno is still a topic isn't because of hater homers hoping he fails. It's still a topic because of the "objective" Chiefs fans rooting for him. Like I said, EJ has a better shot than Geno to become a good QB, yet there aren't any people following his career. There was, and is a Geno army (a few threatened to leave CP forever if the CHiefs didn't draft him) that want him to do well. The anti Geno stuff is a direct reaction to some people that seem to want Geno be better than Alex Smith.

BigCatDaddy
08-10-2014, 08:56 AM

No. It's that Geno was simply never the QB that the 'smarts' around here insisted he was.

32 NFL teams agreed. He fell into the 2nd round. He struggled as a rookie. The more stuff like this happened, the more entrenched the pro-geno crowd became.

I don't have a problem with the guy and wish him all the best, but Geno Smith is more popular on this forum than any NFL forum on the internet. It's almost like the result of a bizarre social experiment.

Exhibit A.

BigCatDaddy
08-10-2014, 08:58 AM
Come on. The reason Geno is still a topic isn't because of hater homers hoping he fails. It's still a topic because of the "objective" Chiefs fans rooting for him. Like I said, EJ has a better shot than Geno to become a good QB, yet there aren't any people following his career. There was, and is a Geno army (a few threatened to leave CP forever if the CHiefs didn't draft him) that want him to do well. The anti Geno stuff is a direct reaction to some people that seem to want Geno be better than Alex Smith.

Geno is a topic here the same reason Will Myers and Jake Odorizzi are still topics regarding the Royals. Some people just like to follow things like this and see if the organization made the right move in the long run. Some people are also football fans and some people are just Chief fans that don't care about other players in the league like a few have mentioned. "He's a jet why do I care?" Hell you said you never watched a Jets game and don't care for Geno but always have near the most in any Geno related threads LMAO

keg in kc
08-10-2014, 08:59 AM
Is the Geno line drawn with an age gap? It really seems like it to me. The young guys love Geno and the older crowd thinks he sucks. Maybe it's just my perception?It's not an age line, it's a philosophy line. On one side you have people who have no problems with the team recycling backup quarterbacks for thirty years because they believe the draft is too much of a longshot, and they'd rather have the known quantity with a lower ceiling than gamble and risk a bust. On the other you have people who believe that the last thirty years have proven that trying to win with recycled quarterbacks is a too much of a longshot, and they would like the team to try the draft, fully knowing that it's a gamble. And those philosophies expand into other areas, like whether or not they're okay with drafting 'safe' picks like offensive linemen. You can probably classify it as conservative versus progressive team-building philosophy, although I think that's a little too narrow.

BigCatDaddy
08-10-2014, 09:03 AM
It's not an age line, it's a philosophy line. On one side you have people who have no problems with the team recycling backup quarterbacks for thirty years because they believe the draft is too much of a longshot, and they'd rather have the known quantity with a lower ceiling than gamble and risk a bust. On the other you have people who believe that the last thirty years have proven that trying to win with recycled quarterbacks is a too much of a longshot, and they would like the team to try the draft, fully knowing that it's a gamble. And those philosophies expand into other areas, like whether or not they're okay with drafting 'safe' picks like offensive linemen. You can probably classify it as conservative versus progressive team-building philosophy, although I think that's a little too narrow.

RIght. It's like DC. People are just wired a certain way.

milkman
08-10-2014, 09:05 AM

No, both sides keep the topic alive and thriving.

Messier
08-10-2014, 09:11 AM
Geno is a topic here the same reason Will Myers and Jake Odorizzi are still topics regarding the Royals. Some people just like to follow things like this and see if the organization made the right move in the long run. Some people are also football fans and some people are just Chief fans that don't care about other players in the league like a few have mentioned. "He's a jet why do I care?" Hell you said you never watched a Jets game and don't care for Geno but always have near the most in any Geno related threads LMAO

Difference is Myers and Odorizzi WERE Royals.

htismaqe
08-10-2014, 09:14 AM
The reason Geno is still a topic isn't because of hater homers hoping he fails.

ROFL

Pure fantasy.

Anybody that says anything even remotely critical of Alex Smith or Eric Fisher gets "Geno Smith" thrown in their face, each and EVERY time.

The myopia here is hilarious.

keg in kc
08-10-2014, 09:14 AM
No, both sides keep the topic alive and thriving.I'm not here every hour of every day (read: I miss a lot) but aside from the trolling effort that this thread is it sure seems like he's brought up by the anti crowd more than he's brought up by the pro group. Although maybe that has to do with his performance to date.

htismaqe
08-10-2014, 09:16 AM
I'm not here every hour of every day (read: I miss a lot) but aside from the trolling effort that this thread is it sure seems like he's brought up by the anti crowd more than he's brought up by the pro group. Although maybe that has to do with his performance to date.

This, absolutely this.

It's the defacto attack anytime you say anything back about Smith or Fisher.

BigCatDaddy
08-10-2014, 09:20 AM
Difference is Myers and Odorizzi WERE Royals.

Not exactly. They were in the Royals organization and COULD have been a part of the big league club someday, sort of like how college players get drafted since there isn't a minor league system such as the one Odorizzi and Myers were in. Obviously the point is evaluating what we could have had with what we do have.

milkman
08-10-2014, 09:21 AM
I'm not here every hour of every day (read: I miss a lot) but aside from the trolling effort that this thread is it sure seems like he's brought up by the anti crowd more than he's brought up by the pro group. Although maybe that has to do with his performance to date.

Like it or not, Claythan is pro Geno, or presents himself that way for the purpose of trolling.

Either way, like it or not, you have to weigh that in the discussion of which side keeps the topic moving along.

Messier
08-10-2014, 09:22 AM
ROFL

Pure fantasy.

Anybody that says anything even remotely critical of Alex Smith or Eric Fisher gets "Geno Smith" thrown in their face, each and EVERY time.

You were one of the guys threatening to leave.

Dinny Bossa Nova
08-10-2014, 09:22 AM
Watching the Sanchez thing play out was pretty entertaining. Watching the Clausen thing play out was pretty entertaining. Those guys aren't getting much run here at CP these days.

Geno is the current thing getting some 15 minutes. I find it entertaining. Not as entertaining as skinbra, but what are ya gonna do?

With all that being typed from my laptop using HuntNPeck, since this IS the official Geno watch thread, I'll just leave this here. I am not a fan of Lupica, but I liked this article from the NY Daily;

NY Jets will stick with Geno Smith, no matter how well Mike Vick plays

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/lupica-jets-deep-geno-smith-article-1.1898351#ixzz3A0FGRlRl

Dinny

Messier
08-10-2014, 09:23 AM
Not exactly. They were in the Royals organization and COULD have been a part of the big league club someday, sort of like how college players get drafted since there isn't a minor league system such as the one Odorizzi and Myers were in. Obviously the point is evaluating what we could have had with what we do have.

Geno in no way was part of the Chiefs organization, so not a good comparison

BigCatDaddy
08-10-2014, 09:27 AM
Geno in no way was part of the Chiefs organization, so not a good comparison

:facepalm: Don't be stupid. You're just looking for a reason to be a douche bag instead of having any real dialogue which you can't since you never watched 1 damn Jets game.

But please continue to post on the topic you care and know nothing about. I'm not wasting my time on you.

keg in kc
08-10-2014, 09:29 AM
Like it or not, Claythan is pro Geno, or presents himself that way for the purpose of trolling.

Either way, like it or not, you have to weigh that in the discussion of which side keeps the topic moving along.He's an attention whore. He always has been and he always will be. Trolls troll, basically, and as far as I'm concerned it has nothing to do with how the rest of us communicate (or don't) on the Geno topic.

And it's also an isolated event. Geno was brought up repeatedly throughout last season, particularly after a bad play or game, and his name is still brought up every time someone even whispers about drafting a qb. Much like Sanchez's name still is. And like I said, maybe their performance is the reason why, and had Sanchez ever been successful perhaps his fans would have brought him up more. Maybe Geno takes a step forward and the anti crowd loses what they see as ammo.

milkman
08-10-2014, 09:32 AM
He's an attention whore. He always has been and he always will be. Trolls troll, basically, and as far as I'm concerned it has nothing to do with how the rest of us communicate (or don't) on the Geno topic.

This is a thread that's well on it's way to mega thread.

Regardless of the fact that he's trolling or attention whoring, the fact remains that this is keeping the topic alive.

keg in kc
08-10-2014, 09:38 AM

Regardless of the fact that he's trolling or attention whoring, the fact remains that this is keeping the topic alive.I'm not saying that it's not. All I'm saying is that I believe the anti crowd brings Geno up more often than the pro crowd. Including this thread and whatever it becomes.

Eleazar
08-10-2014, 09:41 AM
Couple of updates.

Rex Ryan: In Geno and Vick, Jets have “two excellent quarterbacks”

What's that old adage? "If you have two good QBs, you don't have any?"

Eleazar
08-10-2014, 09:42 AM

the Geno Mafia on Chiefsplanet (leading up to the draft) is the absolute definition of Groupthink.

BigCatDaddy
08-10-2014, 09:42 AM
What's that old adage? "If you have two good QBs, you don't have any?"

Not really. Marty said the same about Gannon and Grbac :facepalm:

Favre/Rodgers

Montana/Young

Warner/Green

Warner/Manning

Brady/Casse.... :D

Anyways. I think that saying is BS

htismaqe
08-10-2014, 11:11 AM

And?

After all this time, you still don't have a point.

Dinny Bossa Nova
08-10-2014, 11:34 AM

He did leave. He came back. He does it all the time.

It is always better when Parker returns. IMO he is a major contributor in football discussions. He has become more cynical recently, it seems. But who doesn't contract a little dose of the crotchety in the long process of graceful aging?

Dinny

Messier
08-10-2014, 11:48 AM
And?

After all this time, you still don't have a point.

Yes I do. It's dumb to threaten your fandom over players the Chiefs do or don't acquire.

keg in kc
08-10-2014, 11:52 AM
Yes I do. It's dumb to threaten your fandom over players the Chiefs do or don't acquire.It's also dumb to waste time on a forum you don't enjoy or a team you don't enjoy watching.

Coochie liquor
08-10-2014, 12:05 PM

Regardless of the fact that he's trolling or attention whoring, the fact remains that this is keeping the topic alive.

When you have no sex life you have to do something I guess?? I mean I don't think Clay could get laid at Jim Jones house if he was dressed up like Princess Lea, and carrying a extasy/tequila cocktail....

Dinny Bossa Nova
08-10-2014, 02:38 PM
Geno likens himself to Rodgers.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/41451/sunday-notes-geno-hopes-to-copy-a-rod?ex_cid=espnapi_public

You gotta love that confidence!!!!

Dinny

Dinny Bossa Nova
08-10-2014, 02:46 PM
Here's a Mehta article about Vick in the Wildcat.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-risk-greater-reward-subbing-speedy-michael-vick-geno-smith-article-1.1898238

Dinny

Mennonite
08-10-2014, 02:48 PM
Anyways. I think that saying is BS

I've never known that saying to include the word "good."

I think the point of the adage is that if you are trying to use two mediocre QBs to stand in for a good one you are boned.

John Dope
08-10-2014, 02:49 PM
If the Jets suck this year will that be it for Geno? I'm pretty sure you'll have a new regime in there if they don't go to the playoffs. Thoughts?

jd1020
08-10-2014, 02:49 PM
Geno likens himself to Rodgers.

Dinny

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nfl/players/full/15864.png&w=350&h=254http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nfl/players/full/8439.png&w=350&h=254

I dont see it.

Mennonite
08-10-2014, 02:50 PM
Maybe he's coming out of the closet?

Dinny Bossa Nova
08-10-2014, 02:51 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nfl/players/full/15864.png&w=350&h=254http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nfl/players/full/8439.png&w=350&h=254

I dont see it.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Dinny

Coochie liquor
08-10-2014, 06:09 PM
If the Jets suck this year will that be it for Geno? I'm pretty sure you'll have a new regime in there if they don't go to the playoffs. Thoughts?

Jets fail to make playoffs, new regime, Geno traded, Rex to Oakland

O.city
08-10-2014, 06:11 PM
If they fire Rex, maybe he'll come here as a dc

BigCatDaddy
08-10-2014, 06:11 PM

Well, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say how Geno plays will determine his future.

BigCatDaddy
08-10-2014, 06:12 PM
If they fire Rex, maybe he'll come here as a dc

I'm just not seeing him and Andy coexisting. Seem too different.

O.city
08-10-2014, 06:12 PM
I'm just not seeing him and Andy coexisting. Seem too different.

I dunno, I could see it

John Dope
08-10-2014, 06:16 PM
Well, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say how Geno plays will determine his future.

He would have to show a lot of improvement in 2014 to keep the job imo. It has to be night and day from last year if a new regime is going to make him their guy in 2015.

BigCatDaddy
08-10-2014, 06:25 PM
He would have to show a lot of improvement in 2014 to keep the job imo. It has to be night and day from last year if a new regime is going to make him their guy in 2015.

I'm not going to rehash this argument, but he was a different QB the last quarter of the season and flashed a few times before that. I expect him to build on that and jump into the top 2/3 QB's in the league like I mentioned earlier.

The puzzling thing to me was bringing in Vick. Geno's issue was turnovers so if things go bad it's going to likely be do to turnovers so why bring in a backup known to have issues with turnovers himself. Doesn't make much sense.

I think the Jets defense is going to be pretty damn good so I just don't see them sucking even if Geno struggles.

John Dope
08-10-2014, 06:27 PM
Geno is a shitty leader and Vick is well respected by other players. That's why Vick was brought in imo. To teach him how to lead or lead the team if Geno can't learn how to do it. It has nothing to do with turnovers.

Coochie liquor
08-10-2014, 08:14 PM
I'm not going to rehash this argument, but he was a different QB the last quarter of the season and flashed a few times before that. I expect him to build on that and jump into the top 2/3 QB's in the league like I mentioned earlier.

The puzzling thing to me was bringing in Vick. Geno's issue was turnovers so if things go bad it's going to likely be do to turnovers so why bring in a backup known to have issues with turnovers himself. Doesn't make much sense.

I think the Jets defense is going to be pretty damn good so I just don't see them sucking even if Geno struggles.

Funny how "fans" will say our record was 9-0 against bad teams. Against what great teams did Geno show improvement?? Pretty sure they weren't great teams! They're last 5 games only had 1 team with a winning record. Raiders, Dolphins, panthers, Browns, and Dolphins again!

BigCatDaddy
08-10-2014, 08:42 PM
Funny how "fans" will say our record was 9-0 against bad teams. Against what great teams did Geno show improvement?? Pretty sure they weren't great teams! They're last 5 games only had 1 team with a winning record. Raiders, Dolphins, panthers, Browns, and Dolphins again!

Our record was 9-0 against a lot of backup QB's which appears to have later shown we had fools gold on defense.

Team defense rankings

#2 Carolina
#8 Miami
#23 Cleveland
#29 Oakland

Combine all those and you have about the 15-16th ranked defense. So he basically showed improvement against a combined avg NFL defense in the last quarter of the season. Not great, but not bad.

Look. I've seen every stat and heard every argument on both sides. I'm just wanting to see if he progresses this year. I'm done arguing about last year, at least I try to be until you assholes drag me back in :D

I think the Jets are better as a team and I think the division might be up for grabs if Brady regresses enough. Bills and Dolphins are meh overall. The Jets D is going to be really good and with the additions of Decker and Johnson they have slightly upgraded their shitty supporting cast on offense and QB's usually make a decent jump from year 1 to year 2.

Mav
08-11-2014, 01:18 AM
Our record was 9-0 against a lot of backup QB's which appears to have later shown we had fools gold on defense.

Team defense rankings

#2 Carolina
#8 Miami
#23 Cleveland
#29 Oakland

Combine all those and you have about the 15-16th ranked defense. So he basically showed improvement against a combined avg NFL defense in the last quarter of the season. Not great, but not bad.

Look. I've seen every stat and heard every argument on both sides. I'm just wanting to see if he progresses this year. I'm done arguing about last year, at least I try to be until you assholes drag me back in :D

I think the Jets are better as a team and I think the division might be up for grabs if Brady regresses enough. Bills and Dolphins are meh overall. The Jets D is going to be really good and with the additions of Decker and Johnson they have slightly upgraded their shitty supporting cast on offense and QB's usually make a decent jump from year 1 to year 2.

at the very least. With them adding Chris Johnson, and Eric Decker, the he only has trash around him argument is dead.

Where as, I can still use that for alex. ROFL

Baby Lee
08-11-2014, 02:27 AM
ROFL

Pure fantasy.

I've never cited ANYONE drafted in the past two drafts to counter criticism of Smith. IIRC, I haven't even countered criticism of Fisher at all.

Think you're overstating juuuuuust a bit.

It might be fair to say people criticize Geno's performance thus far most every time the 'we should've taken Geno' line comes up, but that's different than every time Smith or Fisher are 'remotely criticized.'

Dinny Bossa Nova
08-11-2014, 05:48 AM
Vindicated, bitches.

This is a rare example of fail-safe comedy.

If you were trying to be funny, you were absolutely successful. If you were actually being serious it's even funnier than that on a logarithmic scale.

I sure do miss RedThat. A goldmine, that one.

Dinny

Molitoth
08-11-2014, 07:45 AM
Geno is a shitty leader.

Please enlighten us with your real life locker room stories, or were you guys good friends growing up?

htismaqe
08-11-2014, 07:48 AM
I've never cited ANYONE drafted in the past two drafts to counter criticism of Smith. IIRC, I haven't even countered criticism of Fisher at all.

Think you're overstating juuuuuust a bit.

It might be fair to say people criticize Geno's performance thus far most every time the 'we should've taken Geno' line comes up, but that's different than every time Smith or Fisher are 'remotely criticized.'

Was I talking about you?

I think you may have misread my post.

Dinny Bossa Nova
08-11-2014, 08:33 AM
Could someone with madskilz put Geno's face on a Mickey Mouse Watch? It would make a great avatar or perhaps good for a nyuk.

Dinny

htismaqe
08-11-2014, 08:35 AM
Could someone with madskilz put Geno's face on a Mickey Mouse Watch? It would make a great avatar or perhaps good for a nyuk.

Dinny

Did you mean Nuk?

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.608013802806446899&pid=15.1&P=0

:D

Dinny Bossa Nova
08-11-2014, 08:40 AM
Okay. Show of hands.

Who amongst us would NOT buy a Geno Smith Watch if one was actually available at a reasonable price?

I know I sure as hell would.

Dinny

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-11-2014, 09:10 AM
He should improve significantly.

BigMeatballDave
08-11-2014, 06:07 PM
He should improve significantly.

I will care less.

Significantly.

Hammock Parties
08-16-2014, 04:57 PM
TONIGHT! GENO!

New World Order
08-16-2014, 05:02 PM
Choco Peni tonight!

https://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/thumb/812030361.gif

Pasta Little Brioni
08-16-2014, 05:05 PM
Garbage qb

New World Order
08-16-2014, 05:07 PM
12 td 21 int 187 ypg

Every team's dream.

Hammock Parties
08-16-2014, 05:07 PM
2014 turnovers:

Geno: 0

Smith: 1

New World Order
08-16-2014, 05:08 PM
2014 turnovers:

Ban both of them from the NFL.

Hammock Parties
08-16-2014, 05:09 PM
Jets took a shot on the first play, overthrown.

Love to see that Choco go deep though.

Hammock Parties
08-16-2014, 05:11 PM
Jets go 3 and out. Penalty and no gain on 2nd down kinda killed that drive.

Hammock Parties
08-16-2014, 05:26 PM
Geno going through his progressions. Sexy stuff here.

http://i.imgur.com/oCM9s6G.gif

New World Order
08-16-2014, 05:38 PM
Geno Smith being very Alex Smith so far.

4/6 33 yards

Easy 6
08-16-2014, 05:41 PM
Cant wait until we stomp these guys into the Arrowhead turf, gonna be glorious.

New World Order
08-16-2014, 05:43 PM

What if in someway Geno wins?

*Popcorn

Easy 6
08-16-2014, 05:45 PM
What if in someway Geno wins?

*Popcorn

0% chance.

Baby Lee
08-16-2014, 05:45 PM
Looking good.

Baby Lee
08-16-2014, 05:46 PM
2014 turnovers:

Geno: 1

Updated

Hammock Parties
08-16-2014, 05:47 PM
That was the receiver's fault.

ShowtimeSBMVP
08-16-2014, 05:51 PM
Make sure you gif up that INT.

Hammock Parties
08-16-2014, 05:54 PM
gif machine ran out of batteries

Baby Lee
08-16-2014, 06:00 PM
Excited to see those whooptie no-look tosses are still in his repertoire.

Does he still have it in him to turn another safety into a touchback!?!?!?

Mav
08-16-2014, 06:00 PM
2014 turnovers:

That was the receiver's fault.
Bahaha. Go root for the jets scrotum licker. Btw guy.

When you go geno, and Smith, and both their last names are Smith..........

Yah. About that!

New World Order
08-16-2014, 06:07 PM
Jets have scored 3 points in 20 minutes.

Geno Smith hall of fame.

Hammock Parties
08-16-2014, 06:09 PM
Geno leads a TD drive. Night night for him. 6/9, 60 yards, put 10 points on the board.

ShowtimeSBMVP
08-16-2014, 06:10 PM
Geno leads a TD drive. Night night for him. 6/9, 60 yards, put 10 points on the board.

And a INT that lead to 3 points.

Hammock Parties
08-16-2014, 06:14 PM
And a INT that lead to 3 points.

Receivers make mistakes in preseason.

Still waiting for Alex to lead a drive in preseason.

Mav
Alex Smith numbers. But gobble that chocolate peninni! Bhahaha.

New World Order

That score was off of a turnover. I see how you twist things.

6/9 60 yards 45 Rating.

Hall of Fame Geno

New World Order
08-16-2014, 06:15 PM
Alex Smith numbers. But gobble that chocolate peninni! Bhahaha.

Everyone loves quarterbacks with a rating of 45.

Mav

Hee has had two drives! Tune in tomorrow. Your nightmare arrives!

Mav
Everyone loves quarterbacks with a rating of 45.
To the ship!

New World Order
08-16-2014, 06:16 PM
Hee has had two drives! Tune in tomorrow. Your nightmare arrives!

Alex has had no drives.

ShowtimeSBMVP
08-16-2014, 06:16 PM

Didn't you kiss Alex ass after the playoff game? Please make up your mind or more flip flopping.

Mav
08-16-2014, 06:17 PM
Didn't you kiss Alex ass after the playoff game? Please make up your mind or more flip flopping.
Oh, he is the king of the flop!

Hammock Parties
08-16-2014, 06:24 PM
No flop. Alex played well, but has to do that in every game. Don't see it happening.

New World Order
08-16-2014, 06:24 PM
Geno Smith looking good against the scrubs.

Hammock Parties
08-16-2014, 06:25 PM
10/13 98 yards.

Damn, Geno has really improved.

Mav
08-16-2014, 06:26 PM
No flop. Alex played well, but has to do that in every game. Don't see it happening.
No qb does that in every game. That's going to be impossible vs the nfc west teams.

But alex Smith's strengths are why the chiefs will have a chance at beating them.

You want a fantasy football qb. You could care less about winning. Or so it seems.

BigMeatballDave
08-16-2014, 06:29 PM
10/13 98 yards.

Damn, Geno has really improved.

No TD and 1int. Glorious.

New World Order
08-16-2014, 06:31 PM
No TD and 1int. Glorious.

LMAO qb rating: 65

Hammock Parties
08-16-2014, 06:31 PM
Three really nice scoring drives for this young stud tonight.

Boy am I glad we drafted Eric Fisher.

tk13
08-16-2014, 06:32 PM

He has to throw for 380 yards and 4 TDs in every game? I sure don't see that happening either. Way to set the bar there, football expert.

Baby Lee
08-16-2014, 06:33 PM
PreSeason games are so informative!!!!

New World Order
08-16-2014, 06:34 PM
Three really nice scoring drives for this young stud tonight.

Boy am I glad we drafted Eric Fisher.

Fisher is a big piece of flaming shit

Hammock Parties
08-16-2014, 06:35 PM
He has to throw for 380 yards and 4 TDs in every game? I sure don't see that happening either. Way to set the bar there, football expert.

Obviously not, but the 160-yard, 0-TD games need to stop.

Mav
08-16-2014, 06:35 PM
Fisher is a big piece of flaming shit
Can't deny that

-King-
08-16-2014, 06:55 PM
This was a great game for Geno. I can see his potential. We would have won in the playoff game if he played. Would have for sure been better than Alex in the 2nd half.

New World Order
08-16-2014, 07:03 PM
This was a great game for Geno. I can see his potential. We would have won in the playoff game if he played. Would have for sure been better than Alex in the 2nd half.

Haha

John Dope
08-16-2014, 07:04 PM
Haha

Yeah, that one makes me seriously think about putting this thread on ignore. What a stupid thing to say. I mean really fucking stupid.

Hammock Parties
08-16-2014, 07:07 PM

If Alex had led to us to 17 points in one half, even in a preseason game, the homers here would have been out in full force.

Really nice outing for the young choco tonight.

Easy 6
08-16-2014, 07:07 PM
Chiefs 27 - Jets 13

Just go ahead and pencil it in.

New World Order
08-16-2014, 07:08 PM
If Alex had led to us to 17 points in one half, even in a preseason game, the homers here would have been out in full force.

Really nice outing for the young choco tonight.

What are your predictions for the Jets/Chiefs game this year?

Hammock Parties
08-16-2014, 07:09 PM

Chocolate Rain.

New World Order
08-16-2014, 07:10 PM
Chocolate Rain.

Do you expect the Jets to win?

Hammock Parties
Do you expect the Jets to win?

They already have.

-King-

Captain dumpoff: 17-24 for 120 yards 1 TD and 3 INT

Geno: 25-30 350 yards 3 TDs and 40 rushing yards

Hammock Parties
08-16-2014, 07:13 PM
The Jets are a very poor matchup for the Chiefs though. Their front seven will give our OL fits, and Milliner is good enough to take Bowe out of the game.

Geno can probably throw for 150 and win that game, bub. Couple bombs to Decker over our shitty corners and game OVER.

-King-
08-16-2014, 07:16 PM
The Jets are a very poor matchup for the Chiefs though. Their front seven will give our OL fits, and Milliner is good enough to take Bowe out of the game.

Geno can probably throw for 150 and win that game, bub. Couple bombs to Decker over our shitty corners and game OVER.

This. And Rex Ryan is a better overall coach than Andy Reid. I predict pain.

New World Order
08-16-2014, 07:16 PM
They already have.

Lol. I'll rephrase my question:

Do you expect the Jets to beat the Chiefs when they play on November 2nd, 2014 at Arrowhead?

Edit* I posted this before I saw Clay's previous post.

Hammock Parties
08-16-2014, 07:17 PM
Lol. I'll rephrase my question:

Do you expect the Jets to beat the Chiefs when they play on November 2nd, 2014?

The Jets will win by double digits.

ShowtimeSBMVP
Matt Cassel to Kyle Rudolph for the 51-yard touchdown.

ShowtimeSBMVP
The Jets will win by double digits.

Post saved.

New World Order
08-16-2014, 07:18 PM

So that's a yes.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-18-2014, 07:54 AM

We couldn't "stomp" the fucking Retirement Villa All-Stars with this squad.

Last night's Schaivo-fest pretty much spelled that out.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2014, 05:27 PM
GENO NIGHT!

Hammock Parties
08-22-2014, 05:31 PM
Report: Vick disappointed Jets coaches by taking QB2

He entered the offseason determined to land a starting job, only to be told by the New York Jets that their quarterback competition was rigged in Geno Smith's favor.

Vick came to grips with his role over the summer, fading into the background while offering unwavering support for Smith as the face of the Jets' offense.

Smith has always been viewed as general manager John Idzik's guy whereas some members of the coaching staff had visions of Vick running the offense.

In fact, some Jets coaches have "privately expressed disappointment that Vick didn't show up more hell-bent on winning the starting job," according to TheMMQB.com's Jenny Vrentas. At the very least, they wanted Vick to make the decision tough for coach Rex Ryan, adds Vrentas.

That's interesting logic.

The coaching staff set Vick up for failure. Now they're holding it against him that he's accepting of his role as Smith's mentor and caddy.

"The last five years I spent in Philly, I had some great years and played in some great games and went through a lot," Vick explained. "Now it's an opportunity for me to refresh myself and take a step back away from the game."

Make no mistake, Vick wants to start. But he also understands that's not going to happen unless Smith falls flat on his face.

"I'm kind of relishing the moment that I'm in right now," Vick added. "I am not required to have to do a lot. Preserving my body right now is very important to me, and making sure I can make a strong push late in my career in case I am needed."

Vick has adopted the ideal attitude for a veteran backup, ready to shed the visor and clipboard at a moment's notice. If the Jets coaches wanted a more cutthroat Vick, they should should have opened the competition.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2014, 05:44 PM
Nice.

http://i.imgur.com/K67w1fM.gif

Hammock Parties
08-22-2014, 05:47 PM
Zip

http://i.imgur.com/hmU5qLK.gif

BigCatDaddy
08-22-2014, 05:50 PM
Great. Here come all the people that "don't care about Geno Smith" coming in to argue about Geno Smith :facepalm:

Hammock Parties
08-22-2014, 05:50 PM
Gotta hit that throw on 3rd down but I like the decision.

OldSchool
08-22-2014, 05:51 PM
Giants' offense looks like crap, lol. So do the Jets but they have a better OL.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-22-2014, 05:56 PM
Zip

http://i.imgur.com/hmU5qLK.gif

If 57 reads that play better he probably picks it off. A little bit too much hesitation between seeing the guy open and pulling the trigger. A Casselian throw definitely gets intercepted.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2014, 06:05 PM
Geno is beautiful.

http://i.imgur.com/Dv8kFMZ.gif

Sandy Vagina
08-22-2014, 06:06 PM
pretty good drive for Geno there... not bad at all.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2014, 06:09 PM
Very impressive throw here. Geno is reacting quicker this year. Last year this is a sack.

http://i.imgur.com/MMKEqFM.gif

Hammock Parties
08-22-2014, 06:28 PM
Geno having a very good night. 6/10, 88 yards, 1 TD

http://i.imgur.com/cDPS2j1.gif

Sandy Vagina
08-22-2014, 06:29 PM
Lots of drives extended thanks to the refs. The NFL gonna make yet another youngster QB good one way or another to keep the League exciting!

Hammock Parties
08-22-2014, 06:56 PM
Preseason live crashed but man I think Geno had a sensational throw to Kerley that got called back due to holding.

Shit I want to see this.

New World Order
08-22-2014, 07:01 PM
Very impressive throw here. Geno is reacting quicker this year. Last year this is a sack.

http://i.imgur.com/MMKEqFM.gif

We all know Alex would have thrown the 2 yard crossing route for a 4 yard gain on that third and 6.

Molitoth
08-22-2014, 07:07 PM
Thanks for these gifs clay.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2014, 07:33 PM
On the broadcast they said Geno had turned into a gym rat and had put on a bunch of muscle during the offseason. Apparently he also has a much stronger presence than he did a year ago.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2014, 07:34 PM
Geno Smith impresses Jets with film study (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/15/geno-smith-impresses-jets-with-film-study/)

Defensive coordinators who’ll face Jets quarterback Geno Smith have spent the last seven months studying film of his rookie season. So, in addition to studying his own film, Smith decided on his own to start studying film of the defensive coordinators he’ll be facing.

And the Jets are impressed by that.

Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News explains that Smith got the idea from advisor and friend John Thornton, whose advice was simple: “Watch the guys who are planning on attacking you.”

“That’s smart as hell though,” Ryan told Mehta. “I never even knew about it. . . . He wants to be great. He just doesn’t want to be a guy that gets through. God touched the kid. He’s got so much ability. He can throw, he can run, he can do all that. But it’s that work ethic. As a quarterback, you almost have to be a gym rat. And he’s done it.”

Smith saw it as no big deal.

“I like watching film anyway,” Smith said. “It was one of those things where I didn’t have anything to do anyway, so I just wanted to kind of get ahead of stuff.”

BigCatDaddy
08-22-2014, 07:37 PM
9-14 for 139 yards 1 td 0 picks

3 rushes 17 yards.

Not great, but solid night for the young man.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-22-2014, 07:39 PM
http://media.mlive.com/saginawnews/photo/2013/03/12405884-standard.jpg

Direckshun
08-22-2014, 07:44 PM

God dammit.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2014, 07:47 PM
9-14 for 139 yards 1 td 0 picks

3 rushes 17 yards.

Not great, but solid night for the young man.

He had a touchdown pass dropped, too.

He's made progress. Don't know if he's gonna be who I want him to be, but he's definitely improved.

The Jets offense looks terrific, too. Running game and OL are solid. Also their D kicked Eli's ass.

Direckshun
08-22-2014, 07:55 PM

He's made progress. Don't know if he's gonna be who I want him to be, but he's definitely improved.

The Jets offense looks terrific, too. Running game and OL are solid. Also their D kicked Eli's ass.

If you're talking about the "TD pass" to the tight end that you gif'd earlier, that doesn't qualify as a dropped pass. It qualifies as an incomplete pass due to great coverage from the linebacker.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2014, 07:56 PM
If you're talking about the "TD pass" to the tight end that you gif'd earlier, that doesn't qualify as a dropped pass. It qualifies as an incomplete pass due to great coverage from the linebacker.

The guy got his hands on it. He dropped it.

Very good throw by Geno.

jd1020
08-22-2014, 07:57 PM
The guy got his hands on it. He dropped it.

Very good throw by Geno.

:LOL:

He got a ****ing finger tip on it, from 1 hand, not 2.

Direckshun
08-22-2014, 07:57 PM
The guy got his hands on it.

Fully extended. While falling backwards. With a linebacker in his jock strap.

Screw your head back on.

BigCatDaddy
08-22-2014, 07:58 PM

Yeah, he'll make nice jump from year 1 to 2 like most QB's do. I projected him to be a top 20 QB's this year and maybe top 15 in year 3. His RB/WR/TE are still below avg, but as you mentioned a solid online and D will help a lot.

Direckshun
08-22-2014, 07:59 PM
I would like to see what Geno can do with better weapons surrounding him.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2014, 08:03 PM
:LOL:

He got a ****ing finger tip on it, from 1 hand, not 2.

Two hands friend. Right in his palms.

http://i.imgur.com/7E1dXKY.jpg

It would have been a great catch, but it was disappointing he couldn't bring it in after Geno put it in the only place it could be for a completion.

Bowser
08-22-2014, 08:03 PM

http://wac.7725.edgecastcdn.net/807725/website/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/giphy.gif

BigCatDaddy
08-22-2014, 08:04 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure you'l ever see that. They are built more in the mold of the Seahawks where they just need him to be Russell Wilson not a 4500 yard thrower.

jd1020
08-22-2014, 08:05 PM

It would have been a great catch, but it was disappointing he couldn't bring it in after Geno put it in the only place it could be for a completion.

That man must have the largest palms in the world.

BigCatDaddy
08-22-2014, 08:06 PM

You take over throwing a pick by trying to hit the guy on the numbers. That's where he will really improve IMO.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2014, 08:06 PM
I think you're missing the point.

Great night for Geno. Let's party.

the Talking Can
08-22-2014, 08:08 PM

Hammock Parties
08-22-2014, 08:09 PM

http://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/16930643/20130625_jla_ss4_121.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Hammock Parties
08-22-2014, 08:10 PM
http://binaryapi.ap.org/c4fbeadb55f34c1f809a238b808cf6c5/460x.jpg

Direckshun
08-22-2014, 08:12 PM
When it's all said and done, the Eric Fisher pick is going to make the Tyson Jackson pick look like fucking genius.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2014, 08:16 PM
When it's all said and done, the Eric Fisher pick is going to make the Tyson Jackson pick look like fucking genius.

Could Eric Fisher handle Tyson Jackson's mighty bullrush?

Eleazar
08-22-2014, 08:25 PM
Those are some great highlight gifs of him throwing the ball to wide open receivers.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2014, 08:26 PM
Those are some great highlight gifs of him throwing the ball to wide open receivers.

If Alex Smith went 9-14 for 137 yards and a TD this place would destroying me right now.

OH YEAH GOCHIEFS SEE WHAT ALEX CAN DO WHEN HIS RECEIVERS GET OPEN

Mr_Tomahawk
08-22-2014, 09:24 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 7m
Official. RT @KimJonesSports: Rex Ryan says Geno Smith will be Jets starter in Sept 7 opener vs OAK. "Yeah, he'll be our starter.”

Hammock Parties
08-22-2014, 09:28 PM

Easy 6
08-22-2014, 09:29 PM
http://binaryapi.ap.org/c4fbeadb55f34c1f809a238b808cf6c5/460x.jpg

wtf LMAO

ViperVisor
08-22-2014, 09:53 PM
If Alex Smith went 9-14 for 137 yards and a TD this place would destroying me right now.

OH YEAH GOCHIEFS SEE WHAT ALEX CAN DO WHEN HIS RECEIVERS GET OPEN

I'll pretend to be a disingenuous dumb-ass for a minute

A lot of the completions were short passes
Too many to RB/TE
and the last pass doesn't count it was 25 yards on a free play with 3 seconds left in the half
so it was 8/13 for 112
only 4 WR catches is not enough
didn't get sacked
O-line did the job
got to attack and complete 20+ yard passes down the field

Hammock Parties
08-22-2014, 10:01 PM
14 YPC
8.6 YPA

That is the holy grail of Zarth quarterbacking and I would have no legs to stand on if Alex did that.

BOW BEFORE CHOCO PENII

ChiefsCountry
08-22-2014, 10:09 PM
McNabb and Klatt are slobbering over Geno on FS1.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2014, 10:10 PM
McNabb and Klatt are slobbering over Geno on FS1.

I can only imagine the feels Jets fans have tonight.

I envy them. The future's open wide. Imagine the possibilities.

ChiefsCountry
08-22-2014, 10:12 PM

Like Jamaal Charles and Dwayne Bowe?

Mav
08-22-2014, 11:24 PM
He looked good tonight.