PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs You have to pay for extra spot to tailgate now?

TribalElder
08-07-2014, 04:11 PM
I just heard on channel 4 that you can no longer leave empty spots and if you want to setup a tent in a parking place you have to pay for an extra spot :doh!:

Can someone confirm or deny this rumor

I knew they were fucking up err umm changing parking this year but good lord if that is true it's completely fucked :cuss:

Mr. Laz
08-07-2014, 04:14 PM
damnit Pioli!! :cuss:

LoneWolf
08-07-2014, 04:16 PM
Park on the grass. Problem solved.

Deberg_1990
08-07-2014, 04:19 PM
Dont tailgate. Problem solved.

Stewie
08-07-2014, 04:19 PM
You get your parking spot plus 8 feet from what I understand. Not bad.

kysirsoze
08-07-2014, 04:20 PM
That rule makes perfect sense to me. Sorry.

WakkaWakka
08-07-2014, 04:20 PM
Stay home. Problem solved.

OnTheWarpath15
08-07-2014, 04:21 PM
Makes sense to me.

I don't understand why you'd need an extra parking space to tailgate.

You paid for a place to park, and they GIVE you the space behind your parking space to tailgate.

LoneWolf

Spoken like a true Deberg.

Raiderhater

How many times over the years has that been the best part of the game?

SLAG
Makes sense to me.

You paid for a place to park, and they GIVE you the space behind your parking space to tailgate.

Might that be why it is called TAIL Gate?

Fish
They've never allowed people a second parking spot for tailgating. That doesn't make any sense in the slightest.

stonedstooge
08-07-2014, 04:24 PM
Clark's got to feed his family, so QUIT THE BITCHING

keg in kc
08-07-2014, 04:24 PM
Next thing you know, they'll make you pay for two seats, instead of giving you the one next to yours for free.

OnTheWarpath15
08-07-2014, 04:27 PM
Next thing you know, they'll make you pay for two seats, instead of giving you the one next to yours for free.

LMAO

BigRedChief
08-07-2014, 04:27 PM
Makes sense to me.

You paid for a place to park, and they GIVE you the space behind your parking space to tailgate.It's been that way since 1999-2000. It's workable. When they first switched over to the current policy there was a lot of angst about killing tailgating. Just had to deal with the parking Nazi's but after you got parked, it was the same as always.

Discuss Thrower
08-07-2014, 04:28 PM
Makes sense to me..

Caveat: Only if they can't determine a way to EFFICIENTLY park fans who don't want to tailgate at their vehicle from those that do.

The Franchise
08-07-2014, 04:34 PM

:D

08-07-2014, 05:03 PM
park in the grass and you get all the space you want.

TribalElder
08-07-2014, 05:14 PM

Ok, it was overhyped by the news... Go figure

TribalElder
08-07-2014, 05:16 PM
I always try to park in the grass on the southwest side. They made it sound all serious as fuck earlier LMAO

Dayze
08-07-2014, 05:39 PM
It's been a couple of years since I was last there, but I can't think of why someone would need more than what's already allowed?

Bugeater
08-07-2014, 05:51 PM
How many times over the years has that been the best part of the game?
Pretty much all of them.

cosmo20002
08-07-2014, 08:43 PM
I just heard on channel 4 that you can no longer leave empty spots and if you want to setup a tent in a parking place you have to pay for an extra spot :doh!:

Can someone confirm or deny this rumor

I knew they were ****ing up err umm changing parking this year but good lord if that is true it's completely ****ed :cuss:

So if you use two parking spots they want you to pay for two parking spots?
Assholes.

-King-
08-07-2014, 08:44 PM
Why would the let you in the first place?

mikeyis4dcats.
08-07-2014, 08:57 PM
never understood why they don't make people fill spots anyways, pisses me off driving out BFE past dozens and dozens of spaces filled with tents and chairs.

Mojo Jojo
08-07-2014, 09:09 PM

8 feet directly behind your vehicle

Bowser
08-07-2014, 10:04 PM
Set your shit up behind someone who parks and immediately goes into the stadium. They get their car towed when you tell the parking Nazi to fuck off, then you get both spots.

This isn't rocket science, people.

TribalElder
09-07-2014, 04:41 PM
At least they are fucking up the tailgating too, not just the in stadium experience

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Chiefs fans showed up early for the first regular season game of the season to make sure they got their "regular" spot in the parking lot thanks to the new tailgating rules.

Starting this season, Chiefs fans who get to Arrowhead Stadium within an hour of the gate opening can park anywhere in their designated lot.

Drivers arriving later have to come in a single-file line and park in the very next available spot. Gates are attached to certain parking lots.

The parking changes also include one-way traffic inside the parking lot.

You must tailgate in front of or behind your vehicle, and roadways and aisles must be kept free of tailgating accessories.

Saving spaces is not permitted.

Some fans were disappointed with the long lines getting into the stadium and the new rules.

“Last year you pull in and park anywhere you want. It ain't working that way this year,” fan Justin Loehr said.

The one-way traffic flow was also evident the minute fans drove into the stadium.

Fans tried to respect the new eight-foot tailgating rule, but the aisles weren't exactly clear.

“For the average fan I feel bad for them. If they come here once a year they're not going to have any idea what's going on,” fan Luke Chambers said.

Loehr bought two parking passes to make sure his Chiefs bus and friends had plenty of room.

“It's alright, they're letting us go out in the walkways and stuff. We got room,” Loehr said.

Fan First representatives monitored the parking lots and enforced the new rules, but the fans said they noticed few deviations from their coveted tailgating experience.

"I love the energy, the weather, the food, everybody! It's all love,” fan Krigel Hunter said.

According to the new rules, fans have up to 90 minutes after the game to clear the parking lot.

http://www.kshb.com/sports/football/chiefs/new-tailgating-rules-in-place-for-arrowhead-stadium

FloridaMan88
09-07-2014, 04:45 PM
By November you'll probably have the entire parking lot to yourself to tailgate, the way this season is looking.

TribalElder
09-07-2014, 04:51 PM
By November you'll probably have the entire parking lot to yourself to tailgate, the way this season is looking.

Chiefs fans will still show up to tailgate

Attending a losing season is a badge of pride in the kingdom

tmax63
09-07-2014, 04:54 PM
But staying to the end of the game isn't, from what I saw on tv.

Fish
09-07-2014, 04:57 PM
At least they are fucking up the tailgating too, not just the in stadium experience

[...]

“Last year you pull in and park anywhere you want. It ain't working that way this year,” fan Justin Loehr said.

LOLWUT? No you couldn't. It was the same way last year, the traffic just went the opposite direction.

The new parking rules actually offer better opportunities, in my opinion...

Sully
09-07-2014, 05:01 PM
I've gone in the same gate for years. Back off Stadium Drive. Typically from 49hwy to the gate, 5 minutes, tops, even for the big games.
Today, 30 minutes.

Awesome new flow, Chiefs. Be sure to keep fixing what's not broke.