PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Help me break my energy drink addiction

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 01:33 PM
Since I was 11 or 12 years old, on average, I've drank about 2 per day.

I slowed down considerably right around 20 years old, and since then have been on about 1 or 2 per day.

If I see them in a grocery store, I have to buy one. If I go inside to Quik Trip, there's no chance I can walk out empty handed. I don't even feel a true burst of energy off them, and haven't felt that in many years. I drink them and at most I'll be at a normal level of energy, but without one I'll feel heavy eye'd throughout the day.

I'm still in decent/good shape, but I'm tired of feeling tired. I feel like once I finally break away from these things I'll once again have my natural energy back and maybe once I do indulge in a caffeinated beverage I'll actually feel energy from it. At this point I can still drink one or two and fall asleep 5 minutes later no problem.

It's a real addiction, and I need to do something about it. Don't know how to alter my mind into thinking I don't need energy drinks anymore, but I gotta stop.

MikeMaslowski
08-09-2014, 01:36 PM
I'm there with ya man. Are your teeth sensitive now? Once my two front teeth seemed to be bothered I let it go. It's been 3 months and I have had one large red bull. I do now drink coffee a few times a week though.

Same thing with the tolerance. Didn't do anything anymore, it really was an addiction. Then I would drink three big ones and end up with a terrible headache.

Good luck, the thing to do is just stop. Easier said than done.

SAUTO
08-09-2014, 01:36 PM
Then stop, quit being weak minded. Control yourself
Posted via Mobile Device

MikeMaslowski
08-09-2014, 01:37 PM
Oh, and the price is a big factor. Add that shit up and you will poop gallons of taurine.

SPATCH
08-09-2014, 01:37 PM
Fucking gross. You try coffee?

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 01:39 PM
I'm there with ya man. Are your teeth sensitive now? Once my two front teeth seemed to be bothered I let it go. It's been 3 months and I have had one large red bull. I do now drink coffee a few times a week though.

Same thing with the tolerance. Didn't do anything anymore, it really was an addiction. Then I would drink three big ones and end up with a terrible headache.

Good luck, the thing to do is just stop. Easier said than done.

Luckily my teeth have always been very strong. But I'm sure it'll take its toll if I don't stop.

BWillie
08-09-2014, 01:40 PM
I drink about 1.5 to 2.5 a day. I usually drink the sugar free kind, at least that may be helpful on your teeth. I kind of like them, I know I should stop, but they help me throughout the day and to do what I do I need to be alert and not fatigued.

I would say to try gum, when I quit I did get a headache for about a 2-3 days and then it quit. It's not a real chemical dependency like drugs and or even nicotine but it is an addiction. Gum has helped me quit for a few weeks, but then I go back again. Maybe even just try drinking something in place of it, like a diet soda, to ramp down. Then move to green tea, and finally maybe a glass of water. I think you are used to the constant having something in your hand, something sweet to drink at different points of the day as well.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 01:41 PM
Oh, and the price is a big factor. Add that shit up and you will poop gallons of taurine.

I added up how much I spend per year on them this morning. Came out to around $1,700 per year.

****ing gross. You try coffee?

Never been a coffee fan. But I'll occasionally grab one at work.

Bufkin
08-09-2014, 01:42 PM
I work overnights on weekends. If it wasn't for energy drinks, I don't know how I would physically get through the week.

TLO
Go work out. That'll give you the boost you're looking for.

If you don't have time for that, maybe try a 5 hour energy or something? Still not good for you, but very little sugar and caffeine.

BucEyedPea
There's suppose to be be more caffeine in a Starbuck's Pike's Peak than an energy drink. Or so I hear. But there's other stuff in those drinks too.

See a naturopath doctor or nutritionist-orientated chiro/internal medicine practictioner to help you. If you have any nutritional deficiencies it can create cravings for things like that and/or the drinks destroy certain nutritients making you want more setting up a vicious cycle.

But you're going to have to learn some behavior control too.

BucEyedPea
08-09-2014, 01:43 PM
Go work out. That'll give you the boost you're looking for.

Another good idea.

BucEyedPea
08-09-2014, 01:44 PM
I had one of those drinks once for a long trade show...good energy for awhile but it sets you up for a crash later—requiring more.

Learn to eat right for maximum energy like protein every so many hours. That keeps your energy up too. Maybe it's your diet too.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 01:44 PM
I drink about 1.5 to 2.5 a day. I usually drink the sugar free kind, at least that may be helpful on your teeth. I kind of like them, I know I should stop, but they help me throughout the day and to do what I do I need to be alert and not fatigued.

I would say to try gum, when I quit I did get a headache for about a 2-3 days and then it quit. It's not a real chemical dependency like drugs and or even nicotine but it is an addiction. Gum has helped me quit for a few weeks, but then I go back again. Maybe even just try drinking something in place of it, like a diet soda, to ramp down. Then move to green tea, and finally maybe a glass of water. I think you are used to the constant having something in your hand, something sweet to drink at different points of the day as well.

I usually have fights with myself while in the grocery store. Constantly thinking about whether or not to get one. Or if I can avoid it. Hell, did it this morning at Hen House even. Told myself nah, just to get an orange juice or something instead. Then I saw the wall of energy drinks in the cooler....

Talked myself into a sugar free one at least.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 01:46 PM
The thing is, I LOVE the taste of them. They probably aren't that good, but my brain has been wired to like them for over a decade, since I was a kid.

BucEyedPea
08-09-2014, 01:46 PM
I usually have fights with myself while in the grocery store. Constantly thinking about whether or not to get one. Or if I can avoid it. Hell, did it this morning at Hen House even. Told myself nah, just to get an orange juice or something instead. Then I saw the wall of energy drinks in the cooler....

Talked myself into a sugar free one at least.

Orange juice will just spike your blood sugar for a temporary boost too.
Small meals throughout the day of quality protein, healthy fats and some whole grain carbs will provide a more sustained energy. But you'll have to get used to that kind of energy too. It's better for you long term though.
Also, Brewer's Yeast is a good energizer.

Bufkin
08-09-2014, 01:47 PM
The thing is, I LOVE the taste of them. They probably aren't that good, but my brain has been wired to like them for over a decade, since I was a kid.
I started out hating the taste of Red Bull. Now that I need it to function a lot of times, I've grown to crave the taste. Weird how that works.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 01:47 PM
Orange juice will just spike your blood sugar for a temporary boost too.
Small meals throughout the day of quality protein, healthy fats and some whole grain carbs will provide a more sustained energy. But you'll have to get used to that kind of energy too. It's better for you long term though.
Also, Brewer's Yeast is a good energizer.

I eat about 150 grams of protein per day at minimum.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 01:48 PM
I started out hating the taste of Red Bull. Now that I need it to function a lot of times, I've grown to crave the taste. Weird how that works.

It's a messed up system they have out there in energy drink world.

Pablo
08-09-2014, 01:48 PM
The thing is, I LOVE the taste of them. They probably aren't that good, but my brain has been wired to like them for over a decade, since I was a kid.I drink them sometimes. Usually sugar free Red Bull if I do.

But all energy drinks pretty much taste like cat piss. I definitely wouldn't say the flavor is anything most people enjoy.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 01:49 PM
I weigh 183 right now. If I get off them I could probably get down to 10% body fat like I'm wanting. That's a big factor to me.

BucEyedPea
08-09-2014, 01:49 PM
I eat about 150 grams of protein per day at minimum.

Quality protein in small quantities throughout the day?

milkman
08-09-2014, 01:50 PM
Mix an energy drink with anti-freeze.
That'll kill your addiction.

TLO
I'm someone who also has an addictive personality, so I feel I can relate to you to an extent. You need to find something positive and healthy to take the place of your energy drinks, while taking care not to replace them with something equally/more destructive.

I'm also not one who is in fantastic tip top shape, but I've been working out quite a bit lately, and I feel great. Even a simple walk around campus seems to give me extra energy and puts me in a better mood.

KCrockaholic
Quality protein in small quantities throughout the day?

Not small quantities necessarily. Quality, I'd say yes. It's not McDonalds protein and ish like that.

SPATCH
08-09-2014, 01:51 PM
I added up how much I spend per year on them this morning. Came out to around $1,700 per year.

Never been a coffee fan. But I'll occasionally grab one at work.

Anyway. I'm probably not going to be of much help in this thread. I've never really developed a dependency for anything.

But, I can say that more than 2 or 3 energy drinks per week is most definitely unhealthy for you, and you are doing the right thing by trying to stop. Good luck to you.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 01:52 PM
I'm someone who also has an addictive personality, so I feel I can relate to you to an extent. You need to find something positive and healthy to take the place of your energy drinks, while taking care not to replace them with something equally/more destructive.

I'm also not one who is in fantastic tip top shape, but I've been working out quite a bit lately, and I feel great. Even a simple walk around campus seems to give me extra energy and puts me in a better mood.

I am usually guaranteed to have one right around 8am after I get to work. Maybe coffee or just water would be a possible replacement.

Pablo
08-09-2014, 01:52 PM
Honestly, the more water you drink in a day; the more anything sugary/sweet tastes awful to you. Force yourself to get a gallon of water down a day and it may help your taste buds get back to normal.

That might help eliminate one aspect of your craving/addiction.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 01:53 PM
But, I can say that more than 2 or 3 energy drinks per week is most definitely unhealthy for you, and you are doing the right thing by trying to stop. Good luck to you.

Thanks. I need to stop, and I'm tired of feeling fatigued for no reason.

BWillie
If you want to save money, the Hy-Vee in Olathe off of 151st Street has Venom for $1.25 each. I don't actually like Red Bull that much. I love Monster & Venom though, and sometimes drink Full Throttle, Amp, and Rockstar. Unfortunately Red Bull is probably the least bad for you, it has the least amount of caffeine than any of them.

BucEyedPea

Wow, that's too bad you had anything like that as a kid. Kid's shouldn't even have the caffeine in coffee. You may just need a supervised de-tox program.

SAUTO

I gave that exact advice to someone else on here one time
Posted via Mobile Device

Stinger

Switch to meth.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 01:54 PM
If you want to save money, the Hy-Vee in Olathe off of 151st Street has Venom for $1.25 each. I don't actually like Red Bull that much. I love Monster & Venom though, and sometimes drink Full Throttle, Amp, and Rockstar. Unfortunately Red Bull is probably the least bad for you, it has the least amount of caffeine than any of them.

LMAO This is not the place to be telling me that. Money isn't the issue, but it'd be nice to keep that extra $1,000 in my pocket each year.

BWillie
08-09-2014, 01:54 PM
Honestly, the more water you drink in a day; the more anything sugary/sweet tastes awful to you. Force yourself to get a gallon of water down a day and it may help your taste buds get back to normal.

That might help eliminate one aspect of your craving/addiction.

I think this is very true. I'm 30 now, and I used to not drink energy drinks at all. No soda, no energy drinks. Its just a habit I've picked up in the last 4 years. And back before then, I was in really really goods shape. I ate well, and drank tons of water. I'd carry around a liter of water everywhere I go and just drank out of it. And I hated the taste of sweets and soda. Now I love it :(

SAUTO
08-09-2014, 01:55 PM
Switch to meth.

He will spend quite a bit more money per year on that program
Posted via Mobile Device

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 01:56 PM
Wow, that's too bad you had anything like that as a kid. Kid's shouldn't even have the caffeine in coffee. You may just need a supervised de-tox program.

It started when my dad would let me pick out whatever I wanted at Quik Trip in the mornings before he went to work. I fell in love with Monster. Didn't even care about food.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 01:57 PM
I think this is very true. I'm 30 now, and I used to not drink energy drinks at all. No soda, no energy drinks. Its just a habit I've picked up in the last 4 years. And back before then, I was in really really goods shape. I ate well, and drank tons of water. I'd carry around a liter of water everywhere I go and just drank out of it. And I hated the taste of sweets and soda. Now I love it :(

We both need to quit then. Or at least slow down in your case. I need to just flat out quit. I'm sick of it.

ptlyon
08-09-2014, 01:58 PM
Add a little more and more Antifreeze.

Sorry if repost.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 01:58 PM
Add a little more and more Antifreeze.

Sorry if repost.

I'd still like the taste of it. Maybe not the aftermath.

JoeyChuckles
08-09-2014, 01:59 PM
Hey man, you want $100? Cause quitting will net you about $100 a month.

Think what you could do with that money.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 02:00 PM
Hey man, you want $100? Cause quitting will net you about $100 a month.

Think what you could do with that money.

Yup.

Pablo
08-09-2014, 02:01 PM
I think this is very true. I'm 30 now, and I used to not drink energy drinks at all. No soda, no energy drinks. Its just a habit I've picked up in the last 4 years. And back before then, I was in really really goods shape. I ate well, and drank tons of water. I'd carry around a liter of water everywhere I go and just drank out of it. And I hated the taste of sweets and soda. Now I love it :(Yeah, I slipped into a funk this winter where I drank more soda/sweet drinks than I have in quite a while. It's an easy way to pack on pounds.

Really, if you stick mostly to water, you'll feel a whole lot better in general.

I drink coffee occasionally. It's your best bet if you're looking for quick caffeine. I wouldn't say I love the taste of coffee in general, but it's alright. I try to stick with water, tea and coffee if I can help it.

BucEyedPea
08-09-2014, 02:01 PM
Thanks. I need to stop, and I'm tired of feeling fatigued for no reason.

Fatigue? See a naturopathic doctor or wellness clinic with both those and regular doctors to build your body back up naturally. You sound like you have deficiencies. Drugs, caffeine, alcohol use up B vitamins which are your energy vitamins. They are hard to find in the American diet of white processed foods today. Allergies to food can cause fatigue too. The symptoms are not just sinus related.

Someone here mentioned water, that will help de-tox you by washing out any toxins in your cells. Besides that caffeine dehydrates you. 80% of the people do not drink enough water. Go for 70 ozs a day. I'd buy bottled Volvic for at least a month for the natural trace minerals. It's not cheap but it's really good water. Then switch back to your regular water.

I realize, I am giving you a recommendation that is a lifestyle change that is not easy or even popular. But it works long term. Helps if you have someone assisting you.

Ragged Robin
08-09-2014, 02:02 PM
Switch to coffee instead.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 02:04 PM
Fatigue? See a naturopathic doctor or wellness clinic with both those and regular doctors to build your body back up naturally. You sound like you have deficiencies. Drugs, caffeine, alcohol use up B vitamins which are your energy vitamins. They are hard to find in the American diet of white processed foods today. Allergies to food can cause fatigue too. The symptoms are not just sinus related.

Someone here mentioned water, that will help de-tox you by washing out any toxins in your cells. Besides that caffeine dehydrates you. 80% of the people do not drink enough water. Go for 70 ozs a day. I'd buy bottled Volvic for at least a month for the natural trace minerals. It's not cheap but it's really good water. Then switch back to your regular water.

I realize, I am giving you a recommendation that is a lifestyle change that is not easy or even popular. But it works long term. Helps if you have someone assisting you.

This is good. Lifestyle change is what I'm aiming for. Aiming for natural energy from food and good health rather than this fake quick fix that will maybe last an hour, then the fatigue sits in again. I'm just wondering what a decade of energy drinks has done to my body that I don't realize.

Bufkin
08-09-2014, 02:04 PM
Do you by chance attend MNU in Olathe? My best friend in on the basketball team.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
08-09-2014, 02:06 PM
It's a real addiction,

LOL

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 02:06 PM
Do you by chance attend MNU in Olathe? My best friend in on the basketball team.

Nope.

Pablo
08-09-2014, 02:07 PM
This is good. Lifestyle change is what I'm aiming for. Aiming for natural energy from food and good health rather than this fake quick fix that will maybe last an hour, then the fatigue sits in again. I'm just wondering what a decade of energy drinks has done to my body that I don't realize.

The human body is incredibly resilient. You're young enough that I imagine if you seriously cut them out now, you'll feel great within six months and probably get off easy on long-term health implications.

BWillie

That sucks bro, that he can't drink alcohol, dance, or say an f-bomb.

Bowser
http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/06/health/time-energy-drink/index.html

http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/14379/1/Long-Term-Effects-of-Energy-Drinks.html

KCrockaholic
LOL

Anything can be an addiction. It has control over my mind. The only thing that has control over my mind.

BucEyedPea
08-09-2014, 02:09 PM
Yeah, it does affect your body after that long. It's gonna take some strong discipline plus. Read some good nutrition books at least. Balanced B complex plus Niacin ( as they only use niacinamide) are energy vitamins. That's what Brewer's yeast is high in.

I suffered from horrific fatigue after having a C section and a baby. I just happened to come across an allergy specialist and nutritionist internal medicine chiro, who isolated what the cause was and I had a resurgence in energy. I drink coffee in moderation—mainly just a cup or two in the morning. I know what foods affect me or bring my energy down. I only went to her after regular doctors could find no pathology in my blood work. You don't need to have a disease or illness to suffer from some poor health issues. However, long term they can become something worse if not attended to earlier. It's just preventive healthcare.

kysirsoze
08-09-2014, 02:11 PM
Dude, just suffer through a few days of being tired. Your body rebounds faster than you think. Unless there is some property specific to energy drinks that I don't know about, it shouldn't be this hard.

TribalElder
08-09-2014, 02:11 PM
just buy them by the case at costco. drive your yearly total down to 1500 instead of 1700

just think of what you could do with 200

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 02:12 PM
Yeah, it does affect your body after that long. It's gonna take some strong discipline plus. Read some good nutrition books at least. Balanced B complex plus Niacin ( as they only use niacinamide) are energy vitamins. That's what Brewer's yeast is high in.

I suffered from horrific fatigue after having a C section and a baby. I just happened to come across an allergy specialist and nutritionist internal medicine chiro, who isolated what the cause was and I had a resurgence in energy. I drink coffee in moderation—mainly just a cup or two in the morning. I know what foods affect me or bring my energy down. I only went to her after regular doctors could find no pathology in my blood work. You don't need to have a disease or illness to suffer from some poor health issues. However, long term they can become something worse if not attended to earlier. It's just preventive healthcare.
I'd like to find someone like that. That can help pinpoint any other issues.

BWillie
08-09-2014, 02:12 PM
My step mom tried to scare me into stop drinking them. Tried to convince me that I am drinking bull semen in every drop. She's partly right. They obtain the taurine from bull semen, but surely it's not actually bull semen you are drinking. Or maybe it is, one energy drink company is just taunting us right to our face by indicating we are drinking semen from a Bull, with Red testicles, named Red Bull. Nonetheless, I always tell her I have to run into the convenience store to get me some Bull Jizz to drink.

http://nsnbc.me/2014/04/02/your-energy-drink-with-bull-semen-and-urine-extract-2014-aprils-fool/

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 02:13 PM
just buy them by the case at costco. drive your yearly total down to 1500 instead of 1700

just think of what you could do with 200

Ha. Good chance if there's more just sitting around the house, then I'll just be drinking more. And making more trips back to the store.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 02:14 PM
Dude, just suffer through a few days of being tired. Your body rebounds faster than you think. Unless there is some property specific to energy drinks that I don't know about, it shouldn't be this hard.

It takes 21 days for something to become a habit. I need avoiding energy drinks to be that habit. It's possible. Just have to fight it.

TribalElder
08-09-2014, 02:15 PM
Ha. Good chance if there's more just sitting around the house, then I'll just be drinking more. And making more trips back to the store.

you could get even more with the money you save by driving the per unit cost down :evil:

fairladyZ
08-09-2014, 02:20 PM
I'm addicted to Sobe No Fear and Rockstar Peach. I feel nothing from them at all but love the taste of them in the mornings and just feel like they give me a physiological boost. But i know it's actually not doing jack. I just love the taste of them. I try to tell myself i'm not going to have one but then i go into the gas station and see they are on sale 2/$3 and i walk out with a case.

I know i can go cold turkey i've done it before but i always come back. It's tough but you just have to have the will power. You can control it either by finding something to replace it or just telling yourself no more.

BucEyedPea
08-09-2014, 02:22 PM
You probably know some of this already but it may have more in it. Even though a more natural health orientated site it refers to the energy drink addition written about in the Journal of the American Medical Association.
It's not normal to feel fatiqued most of the time.

Last paragraph:

Only by breaking your energy drink addiction will you be able to once again enjoy the increased alertness and performance improvements that caffeine offers to those not addicted. If you continue to feel fatigued once you leave the dangers of energy drinks behind and break your addiction (it takes about a week), it’s important to explore other potential underlying causes of your fatigue and to seek safer, more natural fatigue remedies. See our Comprehensive Guide on Fatigue for some great ideas!

http://www.naturalhealthadvisory.com/daily/fatigue-lack-of-energy/the-disturbing-dangers-of-energy-drinks-and-energy-drink-addiction/

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 02:23 PM
I'm addicted to Sobe No Fear and Rockstar Peach. I feel nothing from them at all but love the taste of them in the mornings and just feel like they give me a physiological boost. But i know it's actually not doing jack. I just love the taste of them. I try to tell myself i'm not going to have one but then i go into the gas station and see they are on sale 2/$3 and i walk out with a case.

I know i can go cold turkey i've done it before but i always come back. It's tough but you just have to have the will power. You can control it either by finding something to replace it or just telling yourself no more.

I'm gonna try just a ton of water in the morning instead of energy drinks. Those companies know how to lock on to their buyers.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 02:25 PM
You probably know some of this already but it may have more in it. Even though a more natural health orientated site it refers to the energy drink addition written about in the Journal of the American Medical Association.
It's not normal to feel fatiqued most of the time.

Last paragraph:

Only by breaking your energy drink addiction will you be able to once again enjoy the increased alertness and performance improvements that caffeine offers to those not addicted. If you continue to feel fatigued once you leave the dangers of energy drinks behind and break your addiction (it takes about a week), it’s important to explore other potential underlying causes of your fatigue and to seek safer, more natural fatigue remedies. See our Comprehensive Guide on Fatigue for some great ideas!

http://www.naturalhealthadvisory.com/daily/fatigue-lack-of-energy/the-disturbing-dangers-of-energy-drinks-and-energy-drink-addiction/

That's what I'm talking about. I know it's not normal to feel fatigued all the time. Once I fix this, I think I'll feel a LOT better.

Ceej
08-09-2014, 02:35 PM
Working at 3 am, and some times 12 hour days I have to have one a day to not feel miserable.

AMP is usually the one that seems to work for me and recently went to the sugar free AMP, so there's that.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 02:36 PM
Working at 3 am, and some times 12 hour days I have to have one a day to not feel miserable.

AMP is usually the one that seems to work for me and recently went to the sugar free AMP, so there's that.

Retail?

Anyong Bluth
08-09-2014, 02:37 PM
Simple solution, take up Speed. You won't give energy drinks a 2nd thought.

Ceej
08-09-2014, 02:37 PM
Retail?

Nah. Warehouse work. If that's what you're wondering.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 02:40 PM
Nah. Warehouse work. If that's what you're wondering.

JW

Anyong Bluth
08-09-2014, 02:51 PM
You want a real energy drink, check out Redline.

I bought one, completely unaware of what it was in terms of potency. I was messed up all day- like amped way too much, my eyes were fully dilated, uncontrolled muscle spasms or reflex jerks, intermittent periods where I would feel chilly and have goosebumps for close to an hour. It's impossible to fully describe it.

Check out the comments in the link below, they're both amusing and crazy all the feedback people who tried it gave. Definitely a funny read.

http://voiceofthevictims.blogspot.com/2007/10/beware-of-red-line-energy-drink.html?m=1

This is just the 1st comment as an example, and there are way better and crazier stories posted.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/10/uru4a6y2.jpg

I will agree, I have no clue how they sell this legally or not sued into oblivion. I suppose you could use it, if you only drank maybe 3-5 caps full of it at any 1 time?

1 more comment - you can read rest on the link.

Dan from Ohio here...I've been dealing with a weight issue for a long time. I'm not a tubby guy just have a belly from computer programming during the last winter.

Today I took one teaspoon of the Redline Syrup aqnd let me tell you what....

This stuff should not be taken if you are going to be sitting still programming at a computer.

With-in 30 minutes I felt a little hungry so I grabbed a salad and tossed a can of salmon on it....then as I was making my salad it hit me....

I felt as if my skin was crawling, like a junkie needing a fix...As a matter of fact I was twitching so bad....my eyeballs were twitching as well...then I started to sweat and twitch at the same time....thus causing a major panic attack....

I found myself stripping off my shirt and running around my house like a crazy man not knowing where to run too...I thought my life was over...and my family was going to find me face down in my back yard 1/2 naked!

I continued to run laps in my back yard for 25 minutes while pouring cold water over my head....my wife noticed that I was freaking out so bad that she rushed a .5 zanax to me to help calm me down...

I should have known better because I've been known to be super sensitive to diet products...I get panic attacks...

Anyways...my skin is still crawling and it only took me about 30 seconds to write this because my energy levels are skyrocketing....

I just thank god that it didn't kill me like I for sure thought it was going to ....

My best suggestion is to only take this stuff in small quantities unless you're a maniac or speed demon...and stay 100% away from this stuff if you are an easy target for panic attacks....

Ceej
08-09-2014, 02:54 PM
I've had one (sugar free Red Bull) that sped up my heart rate so much.

Fuck that noise!

BWillie
08-09-2014, 03:02 PM

**** that noise!

Fucking n00b

Lonewolf Ed
08-09-2014, 03:04 PM
I'm glad those things never appealed to me. I thought the two I tried were not good at all.

Chief Pote
08-09-2014, 03:13 PM
Anything can be an addiction. It has control over my mind. The only thing that has control over my mind.

Are you sure? Naked hot chick giving you the come hither look OR a RedBull? Pick one...

Bwana
08-09-2014, 03:16 PM

**** that noise!

Same here. I was driving back from Rapid City, SD to Billings one night years ago and I started getting tired. I still had 130 miles to go so I stopped into a convenience store in Sheridan. WY. I grabbed some 20 ounce energy drink and sucked it down. It kept me awake (kind of) but it felt like my heart was going to explode, I was sweating, and just felt really off. When I got home I was beat but couldn't fall asleep. That was my one and only time I had and energy drink, never again. I have one cup of coffee every morning after I workout and call it good.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 03:17 PM
You want a real energy drink, check out Redline.

I bought one, completely unaware of what it was in terms of potency. I was messed up all day- like amped way too much, my eyes were fully dilated, uncontrolled muscle spasms or reflex jerks, intermittent periods where I would feel chilly and have goosebumps for close to an hour. It's impossible to fully describe it.

Check out the comments in the link below, they're both amusing and crazy all the feedback people who tried it gave. Definitely a funny read.

http://voiceofthevictims.blogspot.com/2007/10/beware-of-red-line-energy-drink.html?m=1

This is just the 1st comment as an example, and there are way better and crazier stories posted.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/10/uru4a6y2.jpg

I will agree, I have no clue how they sell this legally or not sued into oblivion. I suppose you could use it, if you only drank maybe 3-5 caps full of it at any 1 time?

1 more comment - you can read rest on the link.

That's a big NO. Not ever going there. As I've said, I like the taste of them. I don't even drink them for the energy purposes that they're supposed to have. Those little "shot" bottles they sell never appealed to me.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 03:18 PM
Same here. I was driving back from Rapid City, SD to Billings one night years ago and I started getting tired. I still had 130 miles to go so I stopped into a convenience store in Sheridan. WY. I grabbed some 20 ounce energy drink and sucked it down. It kept me awake (kind of) but it felt like my heart was going to explode, I was sweating, and just felt really off. When I got home I was beat but couldn't fall asleep. That was my one and only time I had and energy drink, never again. I have one cup of coffee every morning after I workout and call it good.

This is probably how normal people are supposed to react to energy drinks. The addicts don't notice a thing from tolerance build up.

Ceej
08-09-2014, 03:20 PM
The sugar free Red Bull is the only energy drink that sped up my heart rate and made me feel uneasy.

Bwana
08-09-2014, 03:21 PM
This is probably how normal people are supposed to react to energy drinks. The addicts don't notice a thing from tolerance build up.

Those things are legal speed in a can.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 03:24 PM
The sugar free Red Bull is the only energy drink that sped up my heart rate and made me feel uneasy.

Those things taste like crap to me. Never been a big Red Bull fan. Over the last 4 years I've been a HUGE Full Throttle buyer. Loved my battery acid tasting sugary goodness.

But it's got ta go.

BWillie
08-09-2014, 03:25 PM

I one time drank 19 energy drinks in one day, in Vegas, because they were free. And sadly I didn't really feel that different than I normally do. Most people that would probably send them into the ICU.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 03:25 PM
I think tomorrow shall be day 1 of no energy drinks(maybe a coffee).

If I can make it 2 weeks, then I think I'll be free at last.

BWillie
08-09-2014, 03:27 PM
I think tomorrow shall be day 1 of no energy drinks(maybe a coffee).

If I can make it 2 weeks, then I think I'll be free at last.

If you were a real man, you'd rent a cabin in the middle of the mountains, away from any convenience stores, far far away from anywhere you could get energy drinks. Kill bears for your meat, drink out of the streams, and use fire for warmth.

Bwana
In any case, best of luck kicking those things. Take that $33 you would have spent on those and put it in a cigar box or jar. At the end of one year, take that money and reward yourself, that should help keep you motivated.

Ceej
Those things taste like crap to me. Never been a big Red Bull fan. Over the last 4 years I've been a HUGE Full Throttle buyer. Loved my battery acid tasting sugary goodness.

But it's got ta go.

I hear ya. I like the taste of AMP, both regular and sugar free. And again, working at three - having a drink most certainly helps.

And my job is based on hitting numbers - having that energy as opposed to not having it - I need to really cut out the drinks too. But I'm having a hard time cutting them out.

If only I had a normal workday job.

Bwana
08-09-2014, 03:29 PM
I one time drank 19 energy drinks in one day, in Vegas, because they were free. And sadly I didn't really feel that different than I normally do. Most people that would probably send them into the ICU.

I think 2 or 3 would be enough to put me in the dirt. 19, damn dude. :doh!:

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 03:30 PM
THAT, sounds like a major stomach ache. I just walked around drunk 24/7 when I went to Vegas. Then hookers tried to make a move on me and my friends at 4am. Not sure if they were even female.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 03:31 PM
I hear ya. I like the taste of AMP, both regular and sugar free. And again, working at three - having a drink most certainly helps.

And my job is based on hitting numbers - having that energy as opposed to not having it - I need to really cut out the drinks too. But I'm having a hard time cutting them out.

If only I had a normal workday job.

Was asking about that earlier because I've had a similar job to what you have, in the past. Not overnight, but warehouse.

Bwana
08-09-2014, 03:33 PM
THAT, sounds like a major stomach ache. I just walked around drunk 24/7 when I went to Vegas. Then hookers tried to make a move on me and my friends at 4am. Not sure if they were even female.

The only way to know for sure would be to bring in Jim Jones to survey the situation.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 03:33 PM
In any case, best of luck kicking of these things. Take that $33 you would have spent on those and put it in a cigar box or jar. At the end of one year, take that money and reward yourself, that should help keep you motivated.

That's a good idea. I spend about $35 a week on them. That $35 alone covers nearly my water bill for 1 month.

Fairplay
08-09-2014, 03:36 PM
I talked to a friend the other day about his input of those things.
He had a Red Bull in his hands at the time.

He said he drank a Red Bull and four 5 hour energy drinks a day.

I told him about it being unhealthy and all but don't expect him to change.
He's just 38 but has a unhealthy look to him almost like a meth head.

Bowser
08-09-2014, 03:37 PM
http://cdn.slowrobot.com/101720120115182.jpeg

Bwana
08-09-2014, 03:38 PM
That's a good idea. I spend about $35 a week on them. That $35 alone covers nearly my water bill for 1 month.

Hell kick in 7 extra bucks a week and in a year you will have over 2K in there. Take half (or all ) and treat yourself to something you want. If you force yourself to do that every week, it makes your goal tangible.

lewdog
08-09-2014, 03:39 PM
Hunter Pence thinks energy drinks are for pussies.

And he's right.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 03:49 PM
I talked to a friend the other day about his input of those things.
He had a Red Bull in his hands at the time.

He said he drank a Red Bull and four 5 hour energy drinks a day.

I told him about it being unhealthy and all but don't expect him to change.
He's just 38 but has a unhealthy look to him almost like a meth head.
Yeah that's definitely not good either. He probably barely feels any of the energy from them at this point also. That's when you know there's a problem. When you're using those supplements just to stay "normal".
Hell kick in 7 extra bucks a week and in a year you will have over 2K in there. Take half (or all ) and treat yourself to something you want. If you force yourself to do that every week, it makes your goal tangible. It's something I'm looking forward to seeing a difference in, is the money saved. I'll notice a difference after a month.

Fairplay
08-09-2014, 03:55 PM
Yeah that's definitely not good either. He probably barely feels any of the energy from them at this point also. That's when you know there's a problem. When you're using those supplements just to stay "normal".

That's what he says that he always feels tired I told him that he's built up a tolerance for it and all, blah blah.

He thinks he's improved since the days of Monster energy drinks and 2 pots of coffee a day. It was funny he would put 3 spoons of sugar in his cup also.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 03:59 PM
That's what he says that he always feels tired I told him that he's built up a tolerance for it and all, blah blah.

He thinks he's improved since the days of Monster energy drinks and 2 pots of coffee a day. It was funny he would put 3 spoons of sugar in his cup also.

He's 38 though. He has to make a change on that quickly. He's probably slightly overweight as well?

I'm quitting cold turkey starting tomorrow with straight black coffee as my "weaning" drink of choice.

Fairplay
08-09-2014, 04:02 PM
He's 38 though. He has to make a change on that quickly. He's probably slightly overweight as well?

I'm quitting cold turkey starting tomorrow with straight black coffee as my "weaning" drink of choice.

He was at 250 now around 200 I think.

Buzz
08-09-2014, 04:13 PM
The wife drank one or two of those a day, didn't realize how expensive they were until I bought her some, holly heck, I could buy a six pack for that! She has since switched to coffee and only buys them on occasion.

BigCatDaddy
08-09-2014, 04:15 PM
I'm with you man. For the longest time I just used preworkout drinks once on days I worked out. Maybe 4-5 times a week. Now I'm up to about 5,6,7 preworkout drinks a day. The worst thing is that is messes with my sleep so I feel like ass in the mornings so as soon as I'm up a scoop and 8oz's of water in my bad ass Promixx shaker rinse and repeat all day every day.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 04:17 PM
The wife drank one or two of those a day, didn't realize how expensive they were until I bought her some, holly heck, I could buy a six pack for that! She has since switched to coffee and only buys them on occasion.

At my worst as a teenager I was drinking 5 per day without even thinking about it. My parents at some point refused to buy them for me. Good to see some people can cut back on these.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 04:18 PM
I'm with you man. For the longest time I just used preworkout drinks once on days I worked out. Maybe 4-5 times a week. Now I'm up to about 5,6,7 preworkout drinks a day. The worst thing is that is messes with my sleep so I feel like ass in the mornings so as soon as I'm up a scoop and 8oz's of water in my bad ass Promixx shaker rinse and repeat all day every day.

Woah. What pre-workout are you taking SIX or SEVEN times a day? I like to lift 4 or 5 days a week. I'm sick of C4. But damn I wouldn't touch the stuff unless I was actually on the way to the gym.

BigCatDaddy
08-09-2014, 04:27 PM
Woah. What pre-workout are you taking SIX or SEVEN times a day? I like to lift 4 or 5 days a week. I'm sick of C4. But damn I wouldn't touch the stuff unless I was actually on the way to the gym.

Well..... I sale supplements online for a living so I have a nice variety to choose from daily :D I have a few that still have some DMAA in them and I have some various shot like 5 hour that I take as well. I really don't think the 5 hours are all that bad for you. Primarily they are just caffeine with some vitamins and niacin. I've never even tried one of the Monster drinks. I prefer to just to hammer a shot or 8 oz preworkout at once.

For what it's worth I was a big fan of the meth back in college and have a highly addictive personality. Like many others I've just channeled that over to the weight room and turning it into a positive.

SPATCH
08-09-2014, 04:27 PM

HOLY FUCKING SHIT STOP DOING THAT

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 04:29 PM
Well..... I sale supplements online for a living so I have a nice variety to choose from daily :D I have a few that still have some DMAA in them and I have some various shot like 5 hour that I take as well. I really don't think the 5 hours are all that bad for you. Primarily they are just caffeine with some vitamins and niacin.

Off topic. But I need a new pre to use once I'm done with C4.

BigCatDaddy
08-09-2014, 04:30 PM
HOLY ****ING SHIT STOP DOING THAT

I should to eliminate the day time fatigue, but it's not a huge deal. Like I said it's mainly just caffeine which doesn't have much effect these days, BP is fine and pulse stays reasonable. Not much different than those day long coffee drinkers.

BigCatDaddy
08-09-2014, 04:31 PM
Off topic. But I need a new pre to use once I'm done with C4.

Everyone responds to those different. I don't carry it, but White Flood is a favorite of mine... probably even more so than the DMAA stuff people love.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 04:36 PM
Everyone responds to those different. I don't carry it, but White Flood is a favorite of mine... probably even more so than the DMAA stuff people love.

White Flood is pretty good. I had a sample before. Maybe that's what I should look for. Been on C4 for 1.5 years now. Getting old.

BigCatDaddy
08-09-2014, 04:42 PM
White Flood is pretty good. I had a sample before. Maybe that's what I should look for. Been on C4 for 1.5 years now. Getting old.

I used to use Super Pump when I first started out... great energy but I had the most horrible smelling fart and shits. ' I mean it was so bad, but it really didn't even smell like shit. It was like rotten eggs. They changed the formula a few times since then. I think it was high is sulfur or something that was causing the shitty problems.

KC native
08-09-2014, 04:44 PM

LMAO

You are a pussy.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 04:52 PM
LMAO

You are a pussy.

Sorry. Luckily you're behind a computer screen though.

KC native
08-09-2014, 04:55 PM
Sorry. Luckily you're behind a computer screen though.

LMAO and now you're going the internet tough guy with an energy drink addiction routine.

I predict your next post will be something somewhat racist (or just racist).

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 04:56 PM
LMAO and now you're going the internet tough guy with an energy drink addiction routine.

Oh eat my Guarana and Taurine flavored ass.

Eleazar
08-09-2014, 04:58 PM
Step 1 - don't buy them anymore.

Step 2 - there is no step 2.

TLO
08-09-2014, 04:58 PM

****er. Big Smoke is black, so he can say that.

EDIT: Nigga. As in, "my nigga".

KC native
08-09-2014, 04:59 PM
Step 1 - don't buy them anymore.

Step 2 - there is no step 2.

BUT I HAVE NO WILL POWER AND I'M ADDICTED /KCrockaholic

MTG#10
08-09-2014, 05:00 PM
A guy at my work mixes a black lable 5 hour with a big can of monster every morning, then does it again at lunch. Says it's the only way he can stay awake all day.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 05:01 PM
**** it. I'm off to buy some Horchata and taquitos while wearing my poncho.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 05:01 PM
A guy at my work mixes a black lable 5 hour with a big can of monster every morning, then does it again at lunch. Says it's the only way he can stay awake all day.

THESE ADDICTS ARE EVERYWHERE I TELL YA

TLO
08-09-2014, 05:02 PM

Caffeine is addicting.

MTG#10
08-09-2014, 05:03 PM
THESE ADDICTS ARE EVERYWHERE I TELL YA

Oh and be sure to thank your parents for their great parenting skills letting an 11 or 12 year old drink energy drinks.

Eleazar
08-09-2014, 05:03 PM

Then enjoy the Meth Mouth, I mean, the Monster Mouth

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 05:04 PM
Oh and be sure to thank your parents for their great parenting skills letting an 11 or 12 year old drink energy drinks.

Eh. Different time back then. Those things were just getting popular. My dad probably thought it was a regular soda or something.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 05:05 PM
Then enjoy the Meth Mouth, I mean, the Monster Mouth

I got lucky with my teeth actually.

Eleazar
08-09-2014, 05:06 PM
I got lucky with my teeth actually.

Ask that poster who's a dentist about energy drinks.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 05:06 PM

I've been waiting for him :evil:

MTG#10
08-09-2014, 05:16 PM
Eh. Different time back then. Those things were just getting popular. My dad probably thought it was a regular soda or something.

Kids shouldnt be drinking soda either, but you're right about the lack of consumer knowledge back in the day when they came out.

The guy at my work that's addicted to Monsters also lets his 9 year old drink them every day, then gets pissed that his boy is the only fat person in his entire family and doesn't want to play ball. Makes me want to smash one of his unopened Monsters against his skull.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 05:18 PM
Kids shouldnt be drinking soda either, but you're right about the lack of consumer knowledge back in the day when they came out.

The guy at my work that's addicted to Monsters also lets his 9 year old drink them every day, then gets pissed that his boy is the only fat person in his entire family and doesn't want to play ball. Makes me want to smash one of his unopened Monsters against his skull.

LMAO Yeah those people are great. I'm glad I'm quitting after all this time.

BucEyedPea
08-09-2014, 05:21 PM

I had a Monster once. Mainly due to curiosity. Crashed hours later. Never again.

Ceej
08-09-2014, 05:21 PM
Good luck and keep us posted.

I will drop the bad habit too as soon as I work normal hours.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 05:25 PM
Good luck and keep us posted.

I will drop the bad habit too as soon as I work normal hours.

Will update Friday or Saturday, then again the following week. I'm gonna do it. I haven't gone a full week without one since I was a kid.

TLO
08-09-2014, 05:33 PM
Will update Friday or Saturday, then again the following week. I'm gonna do it. I haven't gone a full week without one since I was a kid.

Best of luck to you. Keep us updated!

Anyong Bluth
08-09-2014, 05:34 PM
Caffeine is addicting.

I know it is for some- dated 2 girls that had to have in in the morning or 1 got terrible headaches and the other turned into a nasty twat. Needless to say I kept my place stocked, even though caffeine has never had a major effect on me physiologically. I don't drink energy drinks, rarely pop, and coffee just on occasion.

Anyong Bluth
08-09-2014, 05:44 PM

To be fair, you can set a tooth in Coke, and it will dissolve. Lots of shit is bad for your teeth.

Even your own saliva can do major damage, which is an occurrence that happens to people who don't drink much water and constantly substitute it or just have a low intake of liquids.

Saliva has enzymes to aid in digestion, so if you are constantly mildly dehydrated, the salivary glands are producing a concentration too high and doing a number on your teeth, gums, and tissue.

Not to mention you likely will keep wondering why dogs keep trying to sniff around your face & mouth. That's because they think it's another dog's asshole.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 05:46 PM
I would assume carbonation itself is bad for teeth?

Dunit35
08-09-2014, 06:09 PM
Good luck. I use to have 1-2 a day. Stopped around March 2013. I've had half a one since. It did not taste the same.

BigCatDaddy
08-09-2014, 06:11 PM
Bottoms up!

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 06:14 PM
Good luck. I use to have 1-2 a day. Stopped around March 2013. I've had half a one since. It did not taste the same.

Thanks. Interesting to see how the taste is after I try one again some day. Glad you stopped.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 06:14 PM
Bottoms up!

Pre workout?

Bowser
08-09-2014, 06:21 PM
Bottoms up!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Z8fYlqqg-pQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser
08-09-2014, 06:22 PM
By the way, your heart and/or liver is likely going to explode if you don't stop drinking those preworkout drinks like they're water.

Anyong Bluth
08-09-2014, 06:26 PM
I would assume carbonation itself is bad for teeth?

Not really. While carbonic acid does have a slight ph change it's typically relatively minor, and drinks often have an alkaline added to offset it from tasting bitter.

Even if it didn't, the saliva actually aids in restoring the enamel. A process known as remineralization.
Otherwise, all that is going on is the effect of pressure change allowing for the reversion back to H2O and CO2.

Some believe that ingestion of large amounts (heavy pop drinkers) can have an effect on lowering bone density. Especially if you consume carbonated drinks with alcohol.

Your body processes it 5 times faster when booze is present. So, now you are taking in a lot more of the carbonation.

You'll notice when people often drink pop, for example, they will burp. But, this is rarely the case when drinking mixed drinks, and that is due to the rapid absorption rate. Those gases aren't given the same chance to build up in the gut.

Saccopoo
08-09-2014, 06:42 PM
The 21st Century's version of the cigarette.

Who fucking knows what they are putting into those things? They are more addictive than crack cocaine.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2014, 06:43 PM
The 21st Century's version of the cigarette.

Who ****ing knows what they are putting into those things? They are more addictive than crack cocaine.

Yep

BigCatDaddy
08-09-2014, 07:34 PM
By the way, your heart and/or liver is likely going to explode if you don't stop drinking those preworkout drinks like they're water.

How so?

tjwessksu
08-09-2014, 07:56 PM
A functional medicine practitioner will run a lot of tests to look for nutritional deficiencies, as these are pretty much at the heart of every disease known to man, not lack of drugs or energy drinks. 3 things that need to be boosted are thyroid, adrenals and mitochondrial function. Google those and what supplements will help and you're on your way. For thyroid, to see if you have an issue take morning temperature if it's below 97.5 on average for 14 days then you are not producing enough thyroid hormone and have subclinical hypothyroidism. Or see the doc and get a comprehensive thyroid panel, Jeremy Baptist at allergy link will run all of those. There are so many things you can replace the energy drinks with that could help it could probably fill out a book, you just don't hear about them. Methylated B vitamins, adaptogens to support the adrenals (read adrenal fatigue), and the list goes on. Good luck

Mr. Laz
08-09-2014, 07:57 PM
You have to be strong about not buying it.

avoid the stores when you crave, shop when you're strong

don't buy it, you can't drink it

Eleazar
08-09-2014, 08:05 PM
A functional medicine practitioner will run a lot of tests to look for nutritional deficiencies, as these are pretty much at the heart of every disease known to man, not lack of drugs or energy drinks. 3 things that need to be boosted are thyroid, adrenals and mitochondrial function. Google those and what supplements will help and you're on your way. For thyroid, to see if you have an issue take morning temperature if it's below 97.5 on average for 14 days then you are not producing enough thyroid hormone and have subclinical hypothyroidism. Or see the doc and get a comprehensive thyroid panel, Jeremy Baptist at allergy link will run all of those. There are so many things you can replace the energy drinks with that could help it could probably fill out a book, you just don't hear about them. Methylated B vitamins, adaptogens to support the adrenals (read adrenal fatigue), and the list goes on. Good luck

pfft. Dr Oz told me to buy his supplement. I just mix it with ramen and drink Diet Coke. Works for me.

BigCatDaddy
08-09-2014, 08:17 PM

Any scientific evidence validating "adrenal fatigue" yet? Last I've heard it was pretty much only talked about by kooks who recommended "cleanses" and stupid shit like that.

CanadianChiefs
08-09-2014, 08:26 PM
Substitute with diet carbonated drinks if you're craving, and just think how much more healthier you'll be after a few months.

tjwessksu
08-09-2014, 08:38 PM
Actually the correct term is adrenal dysregulation, because there are periods of high and low cortisol, thanks for pointing that out about the fatigue thing. And no it is not made up, do you know the lab used to test for adrenal dysregulation, dhea, etc. im guessing you have zero background and no research on this field because you are referring to dr oz, who merely exists to confuse the hell out of people. I knew any legitimate discussion as to the causes of fatigue would be blasted on a forum like this.

tjwessksu
08-09-2014, 08:39 PM
And pubmed has a thousand articles on the adrenals type in adrenal dysregulation or something similar and theres your science.

Psyko Tek
08-09-2014, 08:43 PM
Have you tried meth or maybe cocaine?

Don Corlemahomes
08-09-2014, 08:51 PM

The list of absolute horseshit does go on, which is the only correct statement in this slop.

DJJasonp
add me to the list of those trying to quit.

About 8 or so years ago, I cut all caffeine out of my diet (bad diet coke addiction).

Then one slip with a red bull......and back at it. 'bout 4 or so years ago, quit again....and then another slip up (this time, sugar free rockstars).

I've been trying to quit those for a good 2 or so years now. The headaches from withdrawl symptoms is migraine-worthy, let me tell you.

Ive read that you should cut your consumption by 1/2 each day....and the withdrawl symptoms are not quite as bad.

Good luck - it's a tough road, but it can be done.

And for the record - once you make it past that week or so - you feel way better off caffeine, than on it!

BigCatDaddy
Actually the correct term is adrenal dysregulation, because there are periods of high and low cortisol, thanks for pointing that out about the fatigue thing. And no it is not made up, do you know the lab used to test for adrenal dysregulation, dhea, etc. im guessing you have zero background and no research on this field because you are referring to dr oz, who merely exists to confuse the hell out of people. I knew any legitimate discussion as to the causes of fatigue would be blasted on a forum like this.

I didn't refer to Oz who is currently getting his ass sued off right now for pimping supps that don't do near what he claims. I'm open minded to point including stuff only done in vitro as the moment. I'll check it out, but the term "adrenal fatigue" as a negative stigma related to it. I'm pretty skeptical when it comes to alternative medicine though.

tjwessksu
08-09-2014, 08:56 PM
This whole country needs a paradigm shift. Land of the sheeple. Youve all been indoctrinated into this from the moment your born. Im done.

Don Corlemahomes
08-09-2014, 08:56 PM
I didn't refer to Oz who is currently getting his ass sued off right now for pimping supps that don't do near what he claims. I'm open minded to point including stuff only done in vitro as the moment. I'll check it out, but the term "adrenal fatigue" as a negative stigma related to it. I'm pretty skeptical when it comes to alternative medicine though.

There's being open, and there's believing a quack who is talking about "subclinical hypothyroidism", adrenal fatigue, methylated B vitamins, etc. as if they are some sort of miracle cure for fatigue.

Don Corlemahomes
08-09-2014, 08:59 PM
This whole country needs a paradigm shift. Land of the sheeple. Youve all been indoctrinated into this from the moment your born. Im done.

No. We have a scientific method that fuels the evidence-based medicine doctors practice daily. You can toss around terms like subclinical hypothyroidism and fill in massive logical gaps with lofty promises, but when there is absolutely no data and evidence to support your bullshit, people will call you a quack.

Sorry, but you're a ****ing quack.

BigCatDaddy
08-09-2014, 08:59 PM
There's being open, and there's believing a quack who is talking about "subclinical hypothyroidism", adrenal fatigue, methylated B vitamins, etc. as if they are some sore of miracle cure for fatigue.

I've heard mixed reviews from people that have tried injectable B vitamins. Never checked out the science though since I wasn't planning on trying it myself.

Don Corlemahomes
08-09-2014, 09:03 PM
I've heard mixed reviews from people that have tried injectable B vitamins. Never checked out the science though since I wasn't planning on trying it myself.

Why? The liver stores massive amounts of B12, and you would have to be avoid it for months to become deficient. Pointless.

And it's readily available in meat and dairy. The only people who should worry are strict vegans.

BigCatDaddy
08-09-2014, 09:11 PM
Why? The liver stores massive amounts of B12, and you would have to be avoid it for months to become deficient. Pointless.

And it's readily available in meat and dairy. The only people who should worry are strict vegans.

Right. Like I said I heard mixed reviews. Sound like the positive may have been placebo, but since I wasn't planning on buying it I never checked it out past what guys in my gym told me.

Don Corlemahomes
08-09-2014, 09:16 PM
Right. Like I said I heard mixed reviews. Sound like the positive may have been placebo, but since I wasn't planning on buying it I never checked it out past what guys in my gym told me.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WA0wKeokWUU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This sums up how I feel about "supplements" in general.

Anyong Bluth
08-09-2014, 09:19 PM

Uh, man. The information is illuminating and great, so feel free to share.
As for his Oz comment, I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic, not cutting down your post or information. It was a joke...
We can have a meaningful discussion, but ya gotta lighten up, Francis.

Don Corlemahomes
08-09-2014, 09:31 PM

1. Cortisol fluctuates throughout the day. We know this, and it is nearly impossible to mimic our body's cortisol production, though we try in people who need it. Know what happens when you take exogenous cortisol as a normal person? The adrenals are negatively inhibited and start to atrophy. Same goes for exogenous thyroid, testosterone, and other hormones. Long story short- don't **** with hormones or the glands that produce them will say "**** this guy!" and quit on you.
2. DHEA and cortisol are in different adrenal pathways. One is a androgens precursor, while the other is a glucocorticoid. How you can spin the two as being intimately related besides having cholesterol as a common precursor is beyond me. Only time it comes into play is when congenital adrenal enzyme deficiencies are present, and those are rare as ****.

BigCatDaddy
08-09-2014, 09:34 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WA0wKeokWUU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This sums up how I feel about "supplements" in general.

"In general" I would agree. A lot of them can serve a purpose when used correctly, but are often overly hyped when marketed. As the old saying goes supplements are meant to supplement a diet and exercise program, not take the place of.

Anyong Bluth
08-09-2014, 09:35 PM
No. We have a scientific method that fuels the evidence-based medicine doctors practice daily. You can toss around terms like subclinical hypothyroidism and fill in massive logical gaps with lofty promises, but when there is absolutely no data and evidence to support your bullshit, people will call you a quack.

Sorry, but you're a ****ing quack.

Dude, you are coming off as a prick if you deem to dismiss any and all pathologies simply because they have yet to gain established practicum. Observational data, often comes out as a secondary finding many times in research and investigative protocols. Hell, new findings pop up about the health related effects of substances we've been ingesting for years that were previously unknown. Of course, there is a lot of snakeoil salesman, but caveat emptor to those that don't do their own research and due diligence. It certainly doesn't mean everything is junk science. That's obtuse and dangerously ignorant

My dad is a doctor and we've had a number of conversations about vitamin B and it's benefits. He's head of the largest clinical phase 1 group in America. Clinical phase 1 are 1st time in man drug trials, so he has a decent amount of understanding of physiological responses to compounds in man. He and I are both in agreement on the gains in vitamin B and their benefits. Just FYI.

Don Corlemahomes
08-09-2014, 09:38 PM
"In general" I would agree. A lot of them can serve a purpose when used correctly, but are often overly hyped when marketed. As the old saying goes supplements are meant to supplement a diet and exercise program, not take the place of.

What are your thoughts on:
1. 1 in 3 were found to contain little to none of what they listed on the bottle
2. Supplements are only subject to regulation AFTER they are proven to cause harm, not before (as with prescription meds).
3. The thousands of adverse events from taking supplements.

That's scary shit.

Don Corlemahomes
08-09-2014, 09:45 PM
Dude, you are coming off as a prick if you deem to dismiss any and all pathologies simply because they have yet to gain established practicum. Observational data, often comes out as a secondary finding many times in research and investigative protocols. Hell, new findings pop up about the health related effects of substances we've been ingesting for years that were previously unknown. Of course, there is a lot of snakeoil salesman, but caveat emptor to those that don't do their own research and due diligence. It certainly doesn't mean everything is junk science. That's obtuse and dangerously ignorant

My dad is a doctor and we've had a number of conversations about vitamin B and it's benefits. He's head of the largest clinical phase 1 group in America. Clinical phase 1 are 1st time in man drug trials, so he has a decent amount of understanding of physiological responses to compounds in man. He and I are both in agreement on the gains in vitamin B and their benefits. Just FYI.

I am not dismissing "any and all pathologies simply because they have yet to gain established practicum". I am simply calling the bullshit on these ridiculous buzzwords. It's not obtuse at all. We have practice standards that we abide by based on hashed out concepts and evidence, and we also know the crazy shit that people think they have because of quack people who misinterpret clinical ideas and construe them in odd ways to sound like health pioneers. it's getting fucking old.

BigCatDaddy
08-09-2014, 09:50 PM
What are your thoughts on:
1. 1 in 3 were found to contain little to none of what they listed on the bottle
2. Supplements are only subject to regulation AFTER they are proven to cause harm, not before (as with prescription meds).
3. The thousands of adverse events from taking supplements.

That's scary shit.

I see both sides of it. On one hand I'd like to know what is on the label is what I'm taking, but I'm not a fan of the government having even more power to be dictating what I can and can't put into my own body

Don Corlemahomes
08-09-2014, 09:53 PM
Is there such a thing as adrenal fatigue?

Answers from Todd B. Nippoldt, M.D.
Adrenal fatigue is a term applied to a collection of nonspecific symptoms, such as body aches, fatigue, nervousness, sleep disturbances and digestive problems. The term often shows up in popular health books and on alternative medicine websites, but it isn't an accepted medical diagnosis.

Your adrenal glands produce a variety of hormones that are essential to life. The medical term adrenal insufficiency (Addison's disease) refers to inadequate production of one or more of these hormones as a result of an underlying disease.

Signs and symptoms of adrenal insufficiency may include:

Fatigue
Body aches
Unexplained weight loss
Low blood pressure
Lightheadedness
Loss of body hair
Skin discoloration (hyperpigmentation)
Adrenal insufficiency can be diagnosed by blood tests and special stimulation tests that show inadequate levels of adrenal hormones.

Proponents of the adrenal fatigue diagnosis claim this is a mild form of adrenal insufficiency caused by chronic stress. The unproven theory behind adrenal fatigue is that your adrenal glands are unable to keep pace with the demands of perpetual fight-or-flight arousal. As a result, they can't produce quite enough of the hormones you need to feel good. Existing blood tests, according to this theory, aren't sensitive enough to detect such a small decline in adrenal function — but your body is.

It's frustrating to have persistent symptoms your doctor can't readily explain. But accepting a medically unrecognized diagnosis from an unqualified practitioner could be worse. Unproven remedies for so-called adrenal fatigue may leave you feeling sicker, while the real cause — such as depression or fibromyalgia — continues to take its toll.

Todd B. Nippoldt, M.D.

BucEyedPea

Yes it is available in meat. But if a person is deficient sometimes diet isn't enough to get them up to where they need to be. I had B12 anemia at an earlier time and was treated with supplements and then I didn't need them after a few months. Nutrition-trained chiros do blood work too ya' know, to find such things. But they look at the blood work differently. They going for optimum health not just lack of pathology. They go to school just as long as doctors. Doctors are woefully uneducated on nutrition.

Just one more thing, I was put on thyroid medication by a doctor at age 16 when four years another doctor was appalled by the decision whereby I was taken off. It used to keep me up all night. Medical doctors make mistakes and get sued too.

Don Corlemahomes
I see both sides of it. On one hand I'd like to know what is on the label is what I'm taking, but I'm not a fan of the government having even more power to be dictating what I can and can't put into my own body

Yeah, I understand that feeling. But it's kinda sad when (1 out of 3 times) you don't even know what you're putting into your body.

Don Corlemahomes
08-09-2014, 09:57 PM
Yes it is available in meat. But if a person is deficient sometimes diet isn't enough. I had B12 anemia at an earlier time and was treated with supplements. Nutrition-trained chiros do blood work too ya' know to find such things too. They go to school just as long as doctors. Doctors are woefully uneducated on nutrition.

Were you on any medication? Vegan? Alcoholic? Digestive disorder?

Because otherwise, I'd like to read the case study highlighting you as the first megaloblastic anemia due to spontaneous B12 deficiency.

Also, quantity does not mean quality. Just FYI.

Don Corlemahomes
08-09-2014, 09:58 PM
Just one more thing, I was put on thyroid medication by a doctor at age 16 when four years another doctor was appalled by the decision whereby I was taken off. It used to keep me up all night. Medical doctors make mistakes and get sued too.

That doctor is an idiot, and that example actually favors my point.

BucEyedPea
08-09-2014, 10:07 PM
A functional medicine practitioner will run a lot of tests to look for nutritional deficiencies, as these are pretty much at the heart of every disease known to man,

Not all of them. I had tests run by a regular doc because he said I was ill and wanted to run some tests. The tests came back not showing any pathology whatsoever. When I went to this chiro just for a routine adjustment, I mentioned what was going on. Turned out she was an allergy specialist and nutritionist, training in natural internal medicine, so she wanted to see the same tests as she looked at them differently. She suspected certain things when she saw the same tests, then order some other tests for more. One was a test where your blood gets dipped into 40 or more foods and shows not just if you're allergic to a food but by how much or if just sensitive. Once mine were found, all my energy returned plus other improvements such as rashes, hives etc. after eating certain foods.

She also treats other medical doctors, her father is a doctor and her wall is plastered with testimonials from patients including patients formerly treated by medical doctors who could only treat symptoms and not causes.

Awesome results!

BucEyedPea
08-09-2014, 10:11 PM
Were you on any medication? Vegan? Alcoholic? Digestive disorder?

Because otherwise, I'd like to read the case study highlighting you as the first megaloblastic anemia due to spontaneous B12 deficiency.

Also, quantity does not mean quality. Just FYI.

Actually, this is true. Some supplements are crap but also some supplement brands are not absorbed by everyone the same as others. Plus we all need the same nutrients, but as individuals we need them in different amounts. Everyone is different.

I was on no medication. Not a vegan, alcoholic and had no digestive disorder. I don't give a damn about any case study, I go by how I feel afterwards. I wasn't going to go for shots that's for sure.

Don Corlemahomes
08-09-2014, 10:11 PM
Not all of them. I had tests run by a regular doc because he said I was ill and wanted to run some tests. The tests came back not showing any pathology whatsoever. When I went to this chiro just for a routine adjustment, I mentioned what was going on. Turned out she was an allergy specialist and nutritionist, training in natural internal medicine, so she wanted to see the same tests as she looked at them differently. She suspected certain things when she saw the same tests, then order some other tests for more. One was a test where your blood gets dipped into 40 or more foods and shows not just if you're allergic to a food but by how much or if just sensitive. Once mine were found, all my energy returned plus other improvements such as rashes, hives etc. after eating certain foods.

She also treats other medical doctors, her father is a doctor and her wall is plastered with testimonials from patients including patients formerly treated by medical doctors who could only treat symptoms and not causes.

Awesome results!

I had a similar thing happen to me whereby I needed open heart surgery and a chiropractor/heart specialist cracked my back and I was fine. My heart disease went away the next day and I had sex with 87 virgins cuz I had my heartness back.

BucEyedPea
08-09-2014, 10:12 PM

Plus he doesn't have the person or patient in front of him and everyone is different.

Anyong Bluth
08-09-2014, 10:14 PM
I am not dismissing "any and all pathologies simply because they have yet to gain established practicum". I am simply calling the bullshit on these ridiculous buzzwords. It's not obtuse at all. We have practice standards that we abide by based on hashed out concepts and evidence, and we also know the crazy shit that people think they have because of quack people who misinterpret clinical ideas and construe them in odd ways to sound like health pioneers. it's getting fucking old.

Fair enough. We are of like mind. Understanding of a whole lot more isn't known than is, but a standard is necessary to validate.

The biggest issue with supplements is the lack of oversight. Pumping money into marketing instead of research. A perfect example of the variance you can get from the same type of supplement based on the manufacturer is a huge problem. One will work and the other is worthless. A fuller explanation about this is covered on Stuff You Should Know podcast on the Probiotic episode. It addresses the very problem of a compound that would have health benefits but too often the manufacturer doesn't really sell it in the delivery method necessary for the body to be able to process, even though the supplement contains x or y as it says but worthless in its present form.

BucEyedPea
08-09-2014, 10:17 PM
I had a similar thing happen to me whereby I needed open heart surgery and a chiropractor/heart specialist cracked my back and I was fine. My heart disease went away the next day and I had sex with 87 virgins cuz I had my heartness back.

I see you suffer from the extreme arrogance of a medical practitioner who thinks they're right about everything, and therefore are gods that need not ever be questioned or challenged. That can be fatal in some cases too. That's why you needed to pass laws to reduce competition. There are still docs like you around but thankfully many more are changing their tune and see a need for working together with other healthcare practitioners for integrated wellness. You guys treat pathologies and mainly symptoms the other guys build health. There are studies that show B12 supplements help for a tested B12 deficiency via bloodwork. Some doctors give B12 shots.

Just remember lots of people die from what doctors do too. Lots of lawsuits.

Don Corlemahomes
08-09-2014, 10:19 PM
Fair enough. We are of like mind. Understanding of a whole lot more isn't known than is, but a standard is necessary to validate.

The biggest issue with supplements is the lack of oversight. Pumping money into marketing instead of research. A perfect example of the variance you can get from the same type of supplement based on the manufacturer is a huge problem. One will work and the other is worthless. A fuller explanation about this is covered on Stuff You Should Know podcast on the Probiotic episode. It addresses the very problem of a compound that would have health benefits but too often the manufacturer doesn't really sell it in the delivery method necessary for the body to be able to process, even though the supplement contains x or y as it says but worthless in its present form.

Dude, this is very, very true. This issue, though, is most supplement companies have ZERO incentive to conduct proper research. Why? Because they done have to prove the fucking thing they are selling works. Further, they also don't have to prove the fucking thing doesn't have side effects that outweigh any sort of benefit.

They can sell you a powdered form of sterilized sloth cum, promise crazy results, and enjoy ridiculous profit.

Anyong Bluth
08-09-2014, 10:19 PM
I see you suffer from the extreme arrogance of a medical practitioner who thinks they're right about everything, and therefore are gods that need not ever be questioned or challenged. That's why you needed to pass laws to reduce competition. There are still docs like you around but thankfully many more are changing their tune and see a need for working together with other healthcare practitioners for integrated wellness.
You guys treat pathologies the other guys build health.

Integrated wellness is huge. I go to Northwestern for any medical care, and they are phenomenal.

BucEyedPea
08-09-2014, 10:21 PM

How many people have died from supplements compared to properly prescribed medication?

BucEyedPea
08-09-2014, 10:28 PM
Dude, this is very, very true. This issue, though, is most supplement companies have ZERO incentive to conduct proper research. Why? Because they done have to prove the ****ing thing they are selling works. Further, they also don't have to prove the ****ing thing doesn't have side effects that outweigh any sort of benefit.

They can sell you a powdered form of sterilized sloth cum, promise crazy results, and enjoy ridiculous profit.

You do know pharmaceutical or some corporations have been buying up supplement companies and weakening their formulas right?

Why would they do that?

To my knowledge the studies and research are done on things like vitamins, anti-oxidants and minerals and they do show health benefits just not all of them. I've read them. The FDA regulates them but they don't need to do so as strictly. Then there's the issue of co-factors in nature that have not all been isolated which help a supplement work. I don't buy off the shelf generally, unless it's just a one a day type thing. I received mine from health care practitioners and in one case a prescription based supplement.

Don Corlemahomes
08-09-2014, 10:28 PM
I see you suffer from the extreme arrogance of a medical practitioner who thinks they're right about everything, and therefore are gods that need not ever be questioned or challenged. That can be fatal in some cases too. That's why you needed to pass laws to reduce competition. There are still docs like you around but thankfully many more are changing their tune and see a need for working together with other healthcare practitioners for integrated wellness. You guys treat pathologies and mainly symptoms the other guys build health. There are studies that show B12 supplements help for a tested B12 deficiency via bloodwork. Some doctors give B12 shots.

As part of my training, I have seen and assisted ~40 liver transplants in the past 2 months. On average, each will prolong life for ~20 years. That's 800 years of life in 2 months doing something we could only dream of doing well 50 years ago. And it doesn't end when these people get livers. We immunosuppress the shit out of them so they don't reject. Problem is, they can get infections very easily, especially from assholes who don't vaccinate their kids among other sources.

So yeah, when you say dumb shit about your allergies and tell me naturopaths who work with humours or some shit train like I do, I think you are a fucking nut.

And no, nobody in the medical community accepts alternative/naturopathic/quack doctoring as legitimate. Sorry.

Don Corlemahomes
08-09-2014, 10:32 PM
I would love to see an alternative med doc manage an icu patient post liver transplant. they would shit the bed trying to suppress the patients while keeping infection in check.

BucEyedPea
08-09-2014, 10:33 PM
And no, nobody in the medical community accepts alternative/naturopathic/quack doctoring as legitimate. Sorry.

Nope!

Look, you do your thing. I'll do mine. I get my medical physicals and I am healthy. I even see a specialist if I have to like a dermatologist. But by gyno sees this same chiro.

BucEyedPea
08-09-2014, 10:34 PM
I would love to see an alternative med doc manage an icu patient post liver transplant. they would shit the bed trying to suppress the patients while keeping infection in check.

This is where your own ignorance is showing. This is not the work of that kind of doctor. They don't treat pathology like that. A person has let their health go for too long when they're in that kind of shape usually. If they had worked on their health they may have avoided that.

I said that earlier but you're too knee-jerk emotionally reactive about the subject and wind up using logical fallacies making strawman arguments by mixing two different categories of things. When you need that kind of medicine you go to that kind of medical practitioner.

BucEyedPea
08-09-2014, 10:37 PM
Integrated wellness is huge. I go to Northwestern for any medical care, and they are phenomenal.

It sure is and is the trend of the future. Actually, it's been here for awhile and growing. There's always gonna be some dinosaurs though.

Don Corlemahomes
08-09-2014, 10:39 PM
This is where your own ignorance is showing. This is not the work of that kind of doctor. They don't treat pathology like that.

Do you understand what you are saying? We don't treat pathology like that?

The fuck? We have to suppress the native immune system so they don't kill their liver and die. We also have to give them antibiotics so they don't become septic and die. Some still do, but pumping them full of B12 or ginseng or st john's wort won't do a damn thing.

BucEyedPea
08-09-2014, 10:40 PM
Substitute with diet carbonated drinks if you're craving, and just think how much more healthier you'll be after a few months.

That sounds kinda like a methadone treatment for a heroine addict.

Diet carbonated drinks aren't great for your health either.

Don Corlemahomes
08-09-2014, 10:41 PM
A person has let their health go for too long when they're in that kind of shape usually. If they had worked on their health they may have avoided that.

We transplant PSC/PBC and other autoimmune disorders. It's not people letting themselves go, and that is terribly insulting to people who acquired these disorders.

You are woefully ignorant about all of this.

Anyong Bluth
08-09-2014, 10:43 PM
You do know pharmaceutical or some corporations have been buying up supplement companies and weakening their formulas right?

Why would they do that?

To my knowledge the studies and research are done on things like vitamins, anti-oxidants and minerals and they do show health benefits just not all of them. I've read them. The FDA regulates them but they don't need to do so as strictly. Then there's the issue of co-factors in nature that have not all been isolated which help a supplement work. I don't buy off the shelf generally, unless it's just a one a day type thing. I received mine from health care practitioners and in one case a prescription based supplement.

Typically it's the FTC that goes after supplement companies for false claims in advertising, not the FDA.

BucEyedPea
08-09-2014, 10:43 PM

I wasn't referring to your profession. I was referring to alt natural medicine doctors like nutritionist trained chiros. They usually refer folks in such condition to a medical doctor.

The ****? We have to suppress the native immune system so they don't kill their liver and die. We also have to give them antibiotics so they don't become septic and die. Some still do, but pumping them full of B12 or ginseng or st john's wort won't do a damn thing.

Since when are natural orientated health care doctors against antibiotics?

May I ask what part of integrated medicine, or the word integrated, you do not understand?

Don Corlemahomes
08-09-2014, 10:44 PM
We transplanted a 5 year old who acquired some crazy weird form of hepatitis while vacationing with his family and developed acute hepatic failure. But he really let himself go, right buc?

BigCatDaddy
08-09-2014, 10:46 PM

The ****? We have to suppress the native immune system so they don't kill their liver and die. We also have to give them antibiotics so they don't become septic and die. Some still do, but pumping them full of B12 or ginseng or st john's wort won't do a damn thing.

But what about all these nasty toxins in my body? I hear there is a something I can drink that will make me shit them out :D

BucEyedPea
08-09-2014, 10:48 PM
Typically it's the FTC that goes after supplement companies for false claims in advertising, not the FDA.

Food and Drug Administration now regulates supplements. Under the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994 (DSHEA):

http://www.fda.gov/Food/Dietarysupplements/default.htm

Supplements are food. Or they contain what is also in food.

Don Corlemahomes
But what about all these nasty toxins in my body? I hear there is a something I can drink that will make me shit them out :D

I will punch you in the goddamn dick, man :)

BucEyedPea

Just drink lots of water.

BucEyedPea
08-09-2014, 10:49 PM
We transplanted a 5 year old who acquired some crazy weird form of hepatitis while vacationing with his family and developed acute hepatic failure. But he really let himself go, right buc?

Not the same category of thing that I am talking about. Keep erecting strawman and using red herrings. You might take a course in logic.

Simply Red
08-09-2014, 10:51 PM
It won't be hard if you make it a challenge. Do you not like a nice cup of quality coffee? Just try that route and see.

Don Corlemahomes
08-09-2014, 10:51 PM
Not the same category of thing that I am talking about. Keep erecting strawman and using red herrings. You might take a course in logic.

A person has let their health go for too long when they're in that kind of shape usually. If they had worked on their health they may have avoided that.

You said this. This is not a "strawman". This is your shitty ass argument.

BigCatDaddy
08-09-2014, 10:52 PM
I will punch you in the goddamn dick, man :)

I'm in the supplement retail and gym business. Every time I hear the word "Cleanse" it's like being punched in the dick.

There are some interesting studies being done now on things I never would have in a million years thought were credible. For example, the use of the Ketosis diets as an aid to fight certain cancers.

BucEyedPea
08-09-2014, 10:53 PM
If anyone thinks the modern American diet is adequate for maintaining optimal health, then I've got a bridge to sell ya'!

BigCatDaddy
08-09-2014, 10:54 PM
Just drink lots of water.

I drink a gallon a day, but yeah it was just a joke.

Don Corlemahomes

I'm in the supplement retail and gym business. Every time I hear the word "Cleanse" it's like being punched in the dick.

There are some interesting studies being done now on things I never would have in a million years thought were credible. For example, the use of the Ketosis diets as an aid to fight certain cancers/

Another day, man. It's late. I'm tired. And I have to go treat pathologies of people who have let themselves go in the morning.

BucEyedPea
You said this. This is not a "strawman". This is your shitty ass argument.

No there's a communication problem with you. That usually happens when someone is antagonistic. They alter words to worsen what is said or twist it into something else or willfully refuse to understand what is being said.

BucEyedPea
08-09-2014, 10:55 PM
I drink a gallon a day, but yeah it was just a joke.

I got the sarcasm. Most folks don't drink enough water.

BucEyedPea
08-09-2014, 10:57 PM
It won't be hard if you make it a challenge. Do you not like a nice cup of quality coffee? Just try that route and see.

Coffee is now found to have anti-oxidants in it too. Remember, it's a fruit.

BucEyedPea
08-09-2014, 11:01 PM
Another day, man. It's late. I'm tired. And I have to go treat pathologies of people who have let themselves go in the morning.

Not saying that's true of all pathologies but the modern American diet is not friendly to anyone's liver. It's just I posted earlier you guys treat pathology not wellness so much.

You strike me like you would have been one of the doctors who condemned Semmelweis. Guess what? You're not a god and people have the right to question some of your practices.

mr. tegu
08-09-2014, 11:23 PM
Do you believe you have a chemical dependency?

What is it that you get from drinking them?

OnTheWarpath15
08-10-2014, 06:09 AM
Sitting in my office, drinking my morning Red Bull, reading this thread.

Ugh.

I'm not drinking 2-3 a day like the OP, but I feel like I need one every morning - no different than others who drink coffee.

Cannibal
08-10-2014, 06:34 AM
I've been off nicotine cold turkey for 8 days in a row after a 20+ year habit. I'm still craving it right now. Been chewing sugar free gum to help with it.

DJJasonp
08-12-2014, 07:47 PM
Bump.

This thread inspired me to quit my 2-a-day rockstar habit.

Havent had one since Sunday midday.

Sunday night and most of Monday......migraine-like headaches....a little stomach sickness.

But today, it's gradually getting better. (headaches come and go, as opposed to constant, like they were sunday night).

You can do it KCCroc.....just plan it over a 2-day period where you dont mind feeling like crap (maybe call in sick for a day).

It gets better....

BigCatDaddy
08-12-2014, 08:35 PM
Taking Ibuprofen always helped me with the withdraw headaches.

KCrockaholic
08-12-2014, 09:12 PM
Bump.

This thread inspired me to quit my 2-a-day rockstar habit.

Havent had one since Sunday midday.

Sunday night and most of Monday......migraine-like headaches....a little stomach sickness.

But today, it's gradually getting better. (headaches come and go, as opposed to constant, like they were sunday night).

You can do it KCCroc.....just plan it over a 2-day period where you dont mind feeling like crap (maybe call in sick for a day).

It gets better....

That's great man. Keep off it until you can fully control it and get to where YOU decide whether or not it's ok to have an occasional one, and not your mental pattern telling you it's time.

I finished day 3 today. I've been drinking a small cup of coffee (black) in the morning at work, then one more small cup around 2pm. Other than that it's been all water. And plenty of it.

I've stepped foot into a Quik Trip each day, and yeah the thoughts crossed my mind. Today was a true test. At my job I basically get to drive the company vehicle around all day, so gas station stops for restroom breaks are frequent. I stepped into an Everyday on county line. Walked to the back of the store and saw the wall of energy drinks. Stood in front of them for a second. Ended up leaving with a G2 Gatorade (not a great choice, but better).

I've certainly saved a few dollars so far this week. I've already decided my first day with an energy drink will be on the morning of the Chiefs home opener. I'll have one, and that'll be it. I'll actually have control over it.

Oh, by the way, aside from the mental hang up, I've felt GREAT yesterday and today. Much more energy than before. Day 1 was pretty tough but it wasn't on my mind as much.

DJJasonp
08-15-2014, 09:34 PM
That's great man. Keep off it until you can fully control it and get to where YOU decide whether or not it's ok to have an occasional one, and not your mental pattern telling you it's time.

I finished day 3 today. I've been drinking a small cup of coffee (black) in the morning at work, then one more small cup around 2pm. Other than that it's been all water. And plenty of it.

I've stepped foot into a Quik Trip each day, and yeah the thoughts crossed my mind. Today was a true test. At my job I basically get to drive the company vehicle around all day, so gas station stops for restroom breaks are frequent. I stepped into an Everyday on county line. Walked to the back of the store and saw the wall of energy drinks. Stood in front of them for a second. Ended up leaving with a G2 Gatorade (not a great choice, but better).

I've certainly saved a few dollars so far this week. I've already decided my first day with an energy drink will be on the morning of the Chiefs home opener. I'll have one, and that'll be it. I'll actually have control over it.

Oh, by the way, aside from the mental hang up, I've felt GREAT yesterday and today. Much more energy than before. Day 1 was pretty tough but it wasn't on my mind as much.

Good to hear - day 5 here. My sleep pattern has been different, so I dont have the energy yet (due to not having a great night of sleep)......but I'm much more clear-headed, and mellow.

Keep up the good work - stay strong!

Cannibal
08-22-2014, 12:02 PM
I've been off nicotine cold turkey for 8 days in a row after a 20+ year habit. I'm still craving it right now. Been chewing sugar free gum to help with it.

Been off nicotine cold turkey for 3 weeks tomorrow!

Still craving like a SOB though. Especially after meals. Not drinking alcohol at the moment either.

bdj23
08-22-2014, 12:32 PM
I haven't had an energy drink since Sunday.

Anyong Bluth
08-22-2014, 02:43 PM
Been off nicotine cold turkey for 3 weeks tomorrow!

Still craving like a SOB though. Especially after meals. Not drinking alcohol at the moment either.

Congrats!

I always held that if you can go out and booze it up 3 times without breaking your quitting streak and having a smoke, then you have a great chance of quitting smoking for good.

A fairly good measure of your will power when you are most likely to be at your lowest level of the ability to resist.

KCrockaholic
08-22-2014, 03:30 PM
Haven't drank one since I started the thread. I can't do the coffee every day thing. I'm just not a coffee person.

The closest thing I've had to an energy drink during this is a Yerba Mate from Sprouts. I can't even count that. Look at the ingredients and most would concur.

I'd say I have control over it now. This is the longest I've gone without them since I was a kid.

To the rest of you, join me in dropping your bad habit whether it's dip, cigs, or whatever it may be.

MTG#10
08-22-2014, 04:21 PM
Keep it up :thumb:

Simply Red
08-22-2014, 04:22 PM
I had a nice VERY chilled Monster Original today - I never drink these things - but man it was REFRESHING!!!!

Simply Red
08-22-2014, 04:24 PM
Haven't drank one since I started the thread. I can't do the coffee every day thing. I'm just not a coffee person.

The closest thing I've had to an energy drink during this is a Yerba Mate from Sprouts. I can't even count that. Look at the ingredients and most would concur.

I'd say I have control over it now. This is the longest I've gone without them since I was a kid.

To the rest of you, join me in dropping your bad habit whether it's dip, cigs, or whatever it may be.

:clap:

KCrockaholic
08-22-2014, 04:32 PM
I had a nice VERY chilled Monster Original today - I never drink these things - but man it was REFRESHING!!!!

Hell yeah. An ice cold Monster or Full Throttle tastes amazing. Just don't have multiple every day lol.

Cannibal
10-27-2014, 11:29 AM
Congrats!

I always held that if you can go out and booze it up 3 times without breaking your quitting streak and having a smoke, then you have a great chance of quitting smoking for good.

A fairly good measure of your will power when you are most likely to be at your lowest level of the ability to resist.

You're correct. I still haven't had any nicotine since I made the "I quit" post above. Been able to drink beer without it as well.

The time I want to smoke most, still is after a meal.

I don't think the cravings will ever go away.