PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request Bad news

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Lonewolf Ed
08-11-2014, 10:36 PM
SimplyRed started a thread about me not long ago. I thought I'd start one with the latest. I got very bad news today. My colon cancer got into my liver and the doc said it is stage 4. She said it can't be cured. Without treatment, I might last 10 weeks. Even with chemo, the best I could hope for is maybe 3 years. I'm scheduled to have a port put in tomorrow, Tuesday, at 1 pm. They start me on 3 types of chemo on Thursday.

Simply Red
08-11-2014, 10:38 PM
I will pray for you Ed - I'm so very sorry for this.

L.A. Chieffan
08-11-2014, 10:40 PM
Damn..fight it bro we're pulling for you

Groves
Ed, what a blow. That's really bad news, and it sucks.

I'm so sorry, man.

CaliforniaChief
Tough news to get...my heart hurts for you, man. Blessings to you and prayers for great care/clarity in what to do.

Dante84
Thinking about you.

rocknrolla
08-11-2014, 10:41 PM
I am truly sorry to hear that, my prayers are with you. I don't wish cancer on my worst enemy. Stay strong!

Dave Lane
08-11-2014, 10:41 PM
JFC what is going on around here I'm scared to go to the doc at this point. Man that is tough dude all the best if theres anything I can do to help let me know.

Dante84
08-11-2014, 10:42 PM
Ed, tell us more about yourself, if you're comfortable doing so.

I'd love to learn more about you and your life!

rico
08-11-2014, 10:44 PM
:(

Sorry to hear, man.

cdcox
08-11-2014, 10:44 PM
Very sorry to hear this Ed. You are in my thoughts.

Buehler445
08-11-2014, 10:45 PM
Put on your shit kicking boots and stay strong man.

All the best. Really. Fuck cancer.

BigCatDaddy
Sorry man. I'm not to going to pretend to be a doctor, but I think this information may be helpful.

http://www.canceractive.com/cancer-active-page-link.aspx?n=3117

C3HIEF3S
So sorry to hear this. You are in my prayers.

2bikemike
08-11-2014, 10:46 PM
Peace and comfort for you.

scorpio
08-11-2014, 10:49 PM
Stay strong man. Thank you for opening up with everybody. It might save someone's life.

OldSchool
08-11-2014, 10:49 PM
Damn, sorry to hear that man. Fight on Ed, we're all rooting for you.

Mav
08-11-2014, 10:50 PM
SimplyRed started a thread about me not long ago. I thought I'd start one with the latest. I got very bad news today. My colon cancer got into my liver and the doc said it is stage 4. She said it can't be cured. Without treatment, I might last 10 weeks. Even with chemo, the best I could hope for is maybe 3 years. I'm scheduled to have a port put in tomorrow, Tuesday, at 1 pm. They start me on 3 types of chemo on Thursday.
I am so sorry. I last my mom 2 years ago to pancreatic cancer. You have my sympathies and prayers.

ThaVirus
08-11-2014, 10:53 PM
That is horrifying and I am sorry to hear it.

Bruiser
08-11-2014, 10:54 PM
Fight the good fight. You wouldn't be the first person to overcome this.

Oregon chief
08-11-2014, 10:55 PM

This

ClevelandBronco
08-11-2014, 10:55 PM
Remind me, please, if you are among those who welcome prayer or are perhaps offended by it. I wouldn't want to offer something that goes against your wishes.

Edit: Since this thread has a prayer icon on it, I'm just going to go ahead and assume that you're good with it unless you correct me.

wazu
08-11-2014, 10:56 PM
Prayers sent, Ed. Very sad to hear. Sounds like it was presented to you as a no-win situation. Rooting for you to be able to prove them wrong, but whatever happens I hope you find peace.

chiefsfan987
08-11-2014, 10:57 PM
I have a cousin who was told 10 years ago that she had at most a couple months to live. She is one of the most amazing people I know. Long story short, she has been fighting the good fight for 10 years and if you met her you would never even know she's sick. The best thing you can do for yourself is remain positive. Since day one she never accepted that she had months to live and you shouldn't either. I'll be praying for you.

Oh.... and **** cancer.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-11-2014, 10:58 PM
Fuck. What a shit fucking day. If there's ANYTHING I can do please let me know. I'm so sorry...

Gadzooks
08-11-2014, 10:59 PM
Try to keep up the positive spirit. Know we all love you and are pulling for you to beat the shit outta this.
We know you can do it.
Lonewolf Ed, Lonewolf Ed, Lonewolf Ed, Lonewolf Ed...

Mr. Flopnuts
08-11-2014, 11:01 PM
Cannabis oil. You have nothing to lose by trying. Even if it's in Mexico. People can talk shit all they want. I don't know if it will work but anything is worth trying at this point.

Lonewolf Ed
08-11-2014, 11:05 PM

Well, I've lived a strange little life compared to most I guess. I never got married and have no kids, but I would have been a good dad. Kids seem to love me. I've had kids I never saw before run up and hug my leg while their mothers looked stunned because the kid is shy around strangers, kids will smile at me and say hello in the store, stuff like that. Living my life alone often brought me down, but I fought to become positive, or at least less negative, and got there when I was 30. I began actively trying to savor whatever joys I had, small or large, and letting that feeling soak in.

I have stood on mountainsides and gazed over lush valleys and rivers. I have breathed deep of clean mountain air and drank water so pure I could feel it doing good things inside of me. I have eaten peaches so good that I was in awe. I have savored beers so finely crafted that I gave thanks for being alive. I have seen sunsets and sunrises with so many levels of color that I couldn't even describe. I've felt the soothing cool air come off the North Sea and gazed across the waves. I have felt joy savoring what was for me the perfect spring day, listening to the sounds of happy birds singing. I have savored the autumn and marvelled at the changing colors of the leaves in the trees. I have enjoyed warming up by a fireplace after a walk on a winter day. I have stood in fields bathed in the light of a full moon on a summer night. I have stood in awe before medieval castles and felt great joy exploring and learning about them. I have stood in a graveyard in the Danish village of Vrensted and read the names of my great-great-grandparents and great-grandparents and felt the connection of my family down in my very bones.

I have seen and done many things in this life that I feel blessed to have been able to do. I was hoping I'd be doing it for many more years, though.

MTG#10
08-11-2014, 11:06 PM
That's horrible man, but miracles do happen. You're fairly close to Colorado, look into cannabis oil. Many will scoff at the suggestion but a lot of people with different types of cancer are having great results with it.

Rain Man
08-11-2014, 11:14 PM
I don't know what else to say other than I'm very sorry to hear that. I wish you the best.

Dante84
08-11-2014, 11:19 PM
Well, I've lived a strange little life compared to most I guess. I never got married and have no kids, but I would have been a good dad. Kids seem to love me. I've had kids I never saw before run up and hug my leg while their mothers looked stunned because the kid is shy around strangers, kids will smile at me and say hello in the store, stuff like that. Living my life alone often brought me down, but I fought to become positive, or at least less negative, and got there when I was 30. I began actively trying to savor whatever joys I had, small or large, and letting that feeling soak in.

I have stood on mountainsides and gazed over lush valleys and rivers. I have breathed deep of clean mountain air and drank water so pure I could feel it doing good things inside of me. I have eaten peaches so good that I was in awe. I have savored beers so finely crafted that I gave thanks for being alive. I have seen sunsets and sunrises with so many levels of color that I couldn't even describe. I've felt the soothing cool air come off the North Sea and gazed across the waves. I have felt joy savoring what was for me the perfect spring day, listening to the sounds of happy birds singing. I have savored the autumn and marvelled at the changing colors of the leaves in the trees. I have enjoyed warming up by a fireplace after a walk on a winter day. I have stood in fields bathed in the light of a full moon on a summer night. I have stood in awe before medieval castles and felt great joy exploring and learning about them. I have stood in a graveyard in the Danish village of Vrensted and read the names of my great-great-grandparents and great-grandparents and felt the connection of my family down in my very bones.

I have seen and done many things in this life that I feel blessed to have been able to do. I was hoping I'd be doing it for many more years, though.

Thank you. It sounds like you've lived a splendid, beautiful life and experienced many wonderful things so far. No reason that should stop now.

And, though you mention loneliness, which we all suffer sometimes, you should know that you are valued here.

I know you don't post very much, but its nice when you do. For the folks to get to know you better, and glean insight from your life experiences, would you be comfortable if we started an "Ask Lonewolf Ed Anything Thread?"

Again, you are valued and cared about.

KChiefs1
08-11-2014, 11:20 PM
Smoke some dope because it seems to help. Take care.

Fritz88
08-11-2014, 11:20 PM
All the best. You are a strong man and you will beat it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lonewolf Ed
08-11-2014, 11:21 PM
Thank you. It sounds like you've lived a splendid, beautiful life and experienced many wonderful things so far. No reason that should stop now.

And, though you mention loneliness, which we all suffer sometimes, you should know that you are valued here.

I know you don't post very much, but its nice when you do. For the folks to get to know you better, and glean insight from your life experiences, would you be comfortable if we started an "Ask Lonewolf Ed Anything Thread?"

Again, you are valued and cared about.

That is fine if you want to do that. I can't promise how much I will be on here after they start that nasty chem mess on me, though. They said it would be 3 kinds of it at once. I'm terrified of that, to be honest.

HoneyBadger
08-11-2014, 11:22 PM
Tough news. Prayers sent.

TimBone
08-11-2014, 11:29 PM
Ed, it sounds like you've lived a wonderful life. I'm extremely sorry to hear the news. Positive vibes are all important right now.

It's a normal feeling to be terrified of the upcoming treatment, but I'm sure you've been terrified of something in the past. So, I'm sure you'll push through.

The ask Ed anything thread sounds like a great idea. I already was gonna ask you about those craft beers anyways.

Just Passin' By
08-11-2014, 11:31 PM
Prayers sent

Eleazar
08-11-2014, 11:34 PM
I'm sorry to hear this Ed. You should tell us some more of your life's story when you have time. I'm sure everyone would like to hear more about the person behind the username.

The course is laid out for you now, and you can testify to people by showing them how you live as you fight. You probably even have a unique power to touch lives now. This isn't what you wanted to hear, but you have the grace of having time to make your mark.

Thanks for sharing with us, and please keep doing so

Dante84
08-11-2014, 11:36 PM
That is fine if you want to do that. I can't promise how much I will be on here after they start that nasty chem mess on me, though. They said it would be 3 kinds of it at once. I'm terrified of that, to be honest.

Great, I was hoping you would say yes.

Don't feel obligated whatsoever. It's your thread. Answer what you want, ignore what you want, bump when you want.

teedubya
08-11-2014, 11:41 PM
We love you, Ed! Imagine healing light into your areas that need the most love. Stay strong. You can beat this, man. You're a tough sum'bitch. In a meditation that I listen to, I imagine golden light from the earth up into my feet and up through my body... and white healing light from heaven shining down from above.

That visualization may bring you some peace of mind... to heal you need peace of mind.

DaFace
08-11-2014, 11:43 PM
Sorry to hear this, man. Thinking of you.

BigMeatballDave
08-11-2014, 11:43 PM
This is awful. So sorry.

I'm going through my own cancer thing and please message me if you'd like to.

Talk it out and remain positive. We will beat this.

listopencil
08-12-2014, 12:00 AM
I've had some experience with this and I just wanted to say:

You don't have an expiration date stamped on your foot. The doctors will guess and estimate but they don't really know what's going to happen. All they know is what they've seen before, and they've never seen you before.

SuperChief
08-12-2014, 12:25 AM
So very, very sorry to hear this news, Ed. All I can really say that might hold some semblance of meaning is try your very best to stay positive and think happy thoughts.

We should all observe this instance as a shining example that even though we can't see a poster's face or hear their voice, they're still a person that feels, breathes, hurts, and loves just like everyone else. Don't be a dick just to be a dick - you never never know what people are dealing with.

All the best to you, man!

BWillie
08-12-2014, 12:26 AM

That was beautiful.

Earthling
08-12-2014, 12:32 AM
That sucks. Damn. Thoughts and prayers are sent.

RINGLEADER
08-12-2014, 12:53 AM
So sorry to hear. Prayers to you.

Valiant
08-12-2014, 01:01 AM
Sorry to hear, prayers to you and yours.

Bufkin
08-12-2014, 01:35 AM
Prayers are with you and yours my friend.

SDChiefs
08-12-2014, 01:43 AM
Holy shit dude. All the best wishes. Stay strong and fuck what the docs say. Live for a long time and baffle them.

Chiefs=Champions
08-12-2014, 01:50 AM
I am so sorry to hear this man. You are in my thoughts.

Silock
08-12-2014, 02:02 AM
Geezus. Fuck, man.

I don't know what to say, other than I wish you the best and you'll be in my thoughts. Sending positive vibes your way!

mnchiefsguy
08-12-2014, 03:26 AM
Thoughts and prayers sent your way.

mdchiefsfan
08-12-2014, 03:36 AM
Doctors give times, but the amount of fight in someone knows no such thing as time. Keep fighting and surprise those doctors with how long you enjoy life. Best of luck to you and yours.

Marcellus
08-12-2014, 03:42 AM
Prayers and thoughts your way Ed. Hang in there.

The Bad Guy
08-12-2014, 04:29 AM
Really sorry to read this Ed. Keep fighting, get involved in any clinical trials you can and above all surround yourself with things/people you love.

My mom was diagnosed with stomach cancer 8 years ago. They told her at the time she'd be lucky to last 2 years.

She's still going strong and beat the awful prognosis she was given. I know you will too.

God bless.

Archie F. Swin
08-12-2014, 04:41 AM
How old are you, Ed? Tell us about when you become a Chiefs fan and some of your fondest football memories.

SAUTO
08-12-2014, 05:06 AM
prayers on the way, so sorry to hear

ChiTown
08-12-2014, 05:08 AM
God bless you. I will pray for you and your Family. Much love to you and yours, Ed.

CanadianChief
08-12-2014, 05:18 AM
Prayers to you and your family. My dad's been battling the same shit for the past 3 years.

Easy 6
08-12-2014, 05:31 AM
Dammit man, you gotta keep fighting Ed, you're in my thoughts.

htismaqe
08-12-2014, 05:36 AM
Sorry to hear this, Ed.

I will definitely keep you in my prayers. Hopefully, God has a plan for you yet. Don't give up.

DaKCMan AP
08-12-2014, 05:41 AM

Sending positive thoughts your way.

Jimmya
08-12-2014, 05:43 AM
Prayers sent.

TimeForWasp
08-12-2014, 05:48 AM
You have my prayers. That is for sure.

Kman34
08-12-2014, 05:49 AM
People beat the odds every day....Thoughts and prayers sent your way.

Lonewolf Ed
08-12-2014, 05:52 AM
How old are you, Ed? Tell us about when you become a Chiefs fan and some of your fondest football memories.

I am 46. I was too young to notice much other than my dad and brother watching football on TV, so it had to have been the Chiefs. I was a Cowboys fan once I was old enough to understand the game, which came when I could tell the difference between offides and a false start. Earl Campbell was my favorite player, though. I became a Chiefs fan in earnest when I saw Marty on TV suggesting people come on out to Arrowhead and I was hearing about some guy named Okoye.

My dad and I went to a game and the Chiefs beat Houston. The defense was ranked number two in the NFL. My dad bought season tickets for the rest of the year, if memory serves. We were on another side of the stadium for that first game. I was there to see Derrick get 7 sacks and almost the 8th, but the Seahawks won on that final play. We moved to the homefield side of the stadium the next season. We were in section 325, rows 15 and 16, seats... 11 maybe. The closest we could get to the field were those seats. I liked the view, though.

Some of my favorite games were the Monday Night victories over Buffalo (I actually brought buffalo burger and grilled it in the parking lot before that game) and San Diego when Vanover won it in OT with the punt return. I was at the playoff game vs. the Raiders that KC won, but was sick and had to watch the one on TV at home where Montana was QB and they beat the Steelers on the 4th down pass to Barnett.

One of my favorite parking lot memories was when I noticed smoke coming from a drain grate and a cop making some guy pour beers down into it, since the man foolishly dumped his hot coals in there. I always brought two gallon jugs of water since I'd dump my coals into a trash bag with some water and pour more on them to put them out. I had a gallon left so I ran over and poured it down the grate. The man was very grateful and offered me a beer, but it was Milwaukee's Beast Light so I declined. Life was too short for cheap beer, I told him.

Bugeater
08-12-2014, 06:03 AM
Damn Ed...words escape me right now...just so sorry to hear this.

Bwana
08-12-2014, 06:28 AM
Ed I don't know what to say other than I really enjoy your posts and I'm sorry to hear about the battle you're about to fight. Stay strong, keep positive, fight a good fight and beat this thing. Prayers sent buddy.

cmh6476
08-12-2014, 06:34 AM
sucks to hear man, thinking of you and your family even though I don't really know you.

Rasputin
08-12-2014, 06:38 AM
You are a better man than Robin Williams.

Hang in there one day at a time & you will make it. Prayers and good vibes sent.

BigRedChief
08-12-2014, 06:50 AM
Keep battling, don't give up. I worked in the medical field for 10 years. Those you have "X" number of years left are an average. Some give up. That brings down that average. Those who fight can get quadruple the time. And with all the nano tech research going on, ya never know. We just may kick Cancers ass some day soon!:thumb:

Rukdafaidas
08-12-2014, 06:57 AM
I'm very sorry to hear the news, Lonewolf. Prayers your way!

Nzoner
08-12-2014, 06:58 AM

That was awesome man.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers and you do whatever you have to to try and kick this thing and remember doctors are not always spot on so stay strong.

InChiefsHeaven
08-12-2014, 07:00 AM
Goddamit, I fucking hate cancer. God Bless you, and make the most of your time, however long it may be. Here's to hoping against hope for a cure. Doctors don't know everything brutha.

Prayers sent to you and yours.

KCUnited
08-12-2014, 07:01 AM

Will be keeping you in my thoughts, Ed.

Old Dog
08-12-2014, 07:15 AM
Prayers and best wishes to you. Keep up the fight.

alpha_omega
08-12-2014, 07:20 AM
Ed, you are not a "Lonewolf" so to speak...you are part of the CP community...

Best wishes and prayers...fight on.

BucEyedPea
08-12-2014, 07:23 AM

I feel for you. I really do. This happened to my Mom who had Stage 4.

Lzen
08-12-2014, 07:30 AM
Prayers for you and your family, Ed.

shakesthecat
08-12-2014, 07:34 AM
Sorry to hear about this, Ed!

Hang in there.

Dunit35
08-12-2014, 07:35 AM
Prayers and always keep fighting.

WilliamTheIrish
08-12-2014, 07:43 AM
Ed,

It's a journey, this life we live. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts. Good luck on you, lad.

Chiefnj2
08-12-2014, 07:45 AM
Prayers and thoughts are with you

Omaha
08-12-2014, 07:47 AM
Prayers and good vibes are being sent your way.

Steron
08-12-2014, 07:50 AM
Damn. I don't know how I missed this one. Good thoughts and prayers sent your way.

Al Czervik
08-12-2014, 07:59 AM
Fight the good fight......
You and your family are in my prayers.....

morphius
08-12-2014, 08:00 AM
Sorry to hear the news, thoughts and Prayers for your Family. Fight the good fight and we will hope for a miracle.

BWillie
08-12-2014, 08:16 AM
Cancer should be illegal. Its such bullshit, affects so many good ppl all the time. Most of the time out of no where. Damn it.

Rausch
08-12-2014, 08:26 AM
Sorry to hear it man.

There are a lot of people on here that have themselves or have friends/family going through what you're about to...

Sorce
08-12-2014, 08:46 AM
Sorry to hear that, I will keep you in my prayers.

Oxford
08-12-2014, 08:54 AM
So sorry........ prayers your way.

mikeyis4dcats.
08-12-2014, 09:23 AM
man, no words.

Hang in there bud

KC Dan
08-12-2014, 09:29 AM
So sad to hear this. Prayers to you and your family. Stay strong and fight it to stick around man

petegz28
08-12-2014, 09:35 AM

Sorry to hear that. Take the gloves off and fight that shit best you can!!!!

Red Brooklyn
08-12-2014, 09:38 AM
So, so sorry.

Fight it as hard as you can!

siberian khatru
08-12-2014, 09:53 AM
Nothing original to say, just joining the others in wishing you the best.

srvy
08-12-2014, 09:55 AM
Be strong and stay in the fight. Prayers your way.

ROYC75
08-12-2014, 10:00 AM
Oh Dear Lord Ed,my deepest sympathy to you. So lost for words other than my prayers and thoughts are with you, May God Bless you in his mighty way! I know that only God can change what doctors think, we found this out in 2002 with the wife. They gave her 18 - 19 months, yet she is still with us today on no treatment. She gave it all to God, never accepted treatments or the double lung transplant.

She is slowly going down hill, but she did it her way that God inspired her to do.

Again, May God Bless you man, if you ever need a friend to call, PM me, I'll be there with a ph # anytime, any day!

DeezNutz
08-12-2014, 10:05 AM

Awesome.

Wishing you many more such memories moving forward.

jerryforeverrice80
08-12-2014, 10:05 AM
stay strong and kick that cancer to the curb.

Spokane Chief Fan
08-12-2014, 10:09 AM
You are in my thoughts.

Dallas Chief
08-12-2014, 10:15 AM
Prayers headed your way man...

kepp
08-12-2014, 10:20 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. There's hardly anything I can say that is helpful, it seems. Fight as much as you can, savor what's left, and Godspeed.

stumppy
08-12-2014, 10:43 AM
Sorry to hear this man.

Thank you for being so open about it.

RNR
08-12-2014, 10:48 AM
Well that is disappointing news. I am sure it was a stunning blow. I wish you the best and hope for a "I beat the odds" thread in the future~

Mr. Arrowhead
08-12-2014, 10:49 AM
Stay positive

ROYC75
08-12-2014, 10:55 AM

Oh My Ed, God has blessed you in so many ways! To share this with the younger generation is just beautiful and awesome, I hope they take note!

Again, May God Bless You even more!

Frosty
08-12-2014, 11:01 AM
So sorry to hear this.

I know that unsolicited medical advice in cases like this are generally bad form but I wanted to mention this post by Fat Elvis that may help with going through the chemo.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=10679230&postcount=80

MahiMike
08-12-2014, 11:05 AM
God bless you Ed.

ShowtimeSBMVP
08-12-2014, 11:08 AM
Prayers sent.

Donger
08-12-2014, 11:32 AM
Very sorry to hear this. You'll be in my thoughts.

Titty Meat
08-12-2014, 11:37 AM
Ed this is the same thing my mother had. They told her 18 months she lived 5 years. Im sorry to hear but the will to live is stronger than any diagnosis. Kick cancers ass buddy!

Mr_Tomahawk
08-12-2014, 11:39 AM
Damnit....

I'm thinking of ya man. Stay strong.

Cannibal
08-12-2014, 11:40 AM
Very sorry for you and your family.

Make the most of the time you have left.

Graystoke
08-12-2014, 12:02 PM
Wishing you the best.

mlyonsd
08-12-2014, 12:16 PM
Thoughts and prayers man.

Rams Fan
08-12-2014, 01:07 PM
Positive thoughts heading your way.

Goldmember
08-12-2014, 02:37 PM
I'm sorry to hear this. Praying for the best.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-12-2014, 03:23 PM
It's amazing what this website brings to our lives. We don't ever have to be alone. Ed, you have thousands of people praying for you right now. Most will not ever post to let you know but we're all here for you. People can beat cancer , no matter what stage and what type it is. Follow a good diet regime and endure the treatment and lets all watch how far Dorsey and Reid will take this team together. Kick it's ass ! It's evil and has no place in the human body. Not supposed to be there so get rid of it. You can and you will !!!!!!!

Predarat
08-12-2014, 03:29 PM
Wishing you the best, hope somehow you defeat it. Thoughts and prayers that the reset of your life, no matter how long, is awesome.

BlackHelicopters
08-12-2014, 04:49 PM
Praying for the best.

PHOG
08-12-2014, 04:50 PM
So sorry, praying for the best.

Dave Lane
08-12-2014, 04:54 PM
Ed If you'd ever like a private show of the heavens I can arrange for a night of moon / planets / whatever viewing. If you've never had a good chance to see our universe I can't think of anything more comforting.

Chiefaholic
08-12-2014, 05:00 PM
My grandson went through chemo and beat cancer. Keep your head high and never forget the power of prayer.

kysirsoze
08-12-2014, 05:22 PM
Thanks for sharing your struggle with us. Prayers coming your way.

scho63
08-12-2014, 06:02 PM
I've never interacted with you or know you but I am praying for you and wish you the best in a tough struggle!

God Bless you and fight the good fight! :thumb:

Fat Elvis
08-12-2014, 06:16 PM
So sorry to hear this.

I know that unsolicited medical advice in cases like this are generally bad form but I wanted to mention this post by Fat Elvis that may help with going through the chemo.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=10679230&postcount=80

Thanks Frosty. Here is the text of the post:

My wife would eat normally up until she would fast which would be 48 hours before each chemo session. Once that 48 hour timer started, all that she would drink is water. After the chemo session she would remain on the fast for another 24 hours and then she would start eating again-basically whatever she wanted until the next 48 hours before the upcoming chemo session.

It was pretty amazing. Other people who were coming in for chemo sessions (especially after several rounds and the chemo had really built up in their bodies) would look like death warmed over-literally since the chemo kills the healthy cells along with the cancer cells- and my wife would be looking pretty great (still lost her hair) and she had outstanding blood counts. It kind of freaked the nurses out a bit since they hadn't seen that before.

The thinking behind it is really pretty simple: When cells are put into a state of shock-like when the body goes into starvation mode- they more or less go into "hibernation" or self preservation. It is almost like they turn off. When this happens, the chemo doesn't affect them (as much). Cancer cells, on the other hand, have no mechanism to "turn off;" that is why they are cancer cells. While normal healthy cells are protecting themselves via "hibernation", the cancer cells, starving and no way to go into self preservation mode become sensitized to chemo due to their weakened state from the fast. It is a double whammy: your normal cells are protected while your cancer cells are sensitized to the very poisons being injected into your body.

After about 24 hours, the majority of the chemo has passed through your system (it was pretty easy to tell with my wife due to the color of her urine) and you go back to eating once again.

Fasting is going to be part of the future of cancer treatment. It isn't the be all end all, but it is part of large battle of literal life and death. Orthodoxy right now is that chemo weakens a person so much due to the poisoning of the healthy cells along with the cancer cells that many chemo/oncology centers actively encourage patients to eat a lot of food right before and during their chemo treatments "to keep their strength up" without realizing that it is the act of eating that makes healthy cells vulnerable to the chemo thus weakening the patient.

I don't need clinical trials to know that fasting works. I've seen it first hand with my wife.

I will share this information and our experience to whoever will listen and whoever can benefit from it.

When it comes to cancer, you just don't have time to wait for clinical trials that can take years.

Al Bundy
08-12-2014, 06:26 PM
Just terrible news, LWE. I've never really interacted with you, but I am pulling for you.

Don Corlemahomes
08-12-2014, 06:35 PM
Thanks Frosty. Here is the text of the post:

http://stm.sciencemag.org/content/early/2012/02/06/scitranslmed.3003293

I don't have access to the full text, but here's one paper supporting that notion.

Short-term starvation (or fasting) protects normal cells, mice, and potentially humans from the harmful side effects of a variety of chemotherapy drugs. Here we show that treatment with starvation conditions sensitized yeast cells (S. cerevisiae) expressing the oncogene-like RAS2val19 to oxidative stress and 15 of 17 mammalian cancer cell lines to chemotherapeutic agents. Cycles of starvation (fasting) were as effective as chemotherapeutic agents in delaying progression of specific tumors and increased the effectiveness of these drugs against melanoma, glioma, and breast cancer cells. In mouse models of neuroblastoma, fasting cycles plus chemotherapy drugs—but not either treatment alone—resulted in long-term cancer-free survival. In 4T1 breast cancer cells, short-term starvation resulted in increased phosphorylation of the stress-sensitizing AKT and S6 kinases, increased oxidative stress, caspase-3 cleavage, DNA damage and apoptosis. These studies suggest that multiple cycles of fasting promote differential stress sensitization in a wide range of tumors and could potentially replace or augment the efficacy of certain toxic chemotherapy drugs in the treatment of various cancers.

Fat Elvis
08-12-2014, 06:38 PM
Cancer sucks. No doubt about it. But it is beatable. Amazing advances over the past few years. Keep a positive attitude. That is crucial. You have people you don't know pulling and praying for you. You don't have to be religious to believe in prayer. It works. It helps to give you strength and it does have a healing power.

KCwolf
08-12-2014, 06:58 PM
I'm pulling for ya .... Cancer Sucks .... Good Luck Brotha

Lonewolf Ed
08-12-2014, 09:28 PM
Ed If you'd ever like a private show of the heavens I can arrange for a night of moon / planets / whatever viewing. If you've never had a good chance to see our universe I can't think of anything more comforting.

My family used to have a summer place in Montana, 30 miles southwest of Big Timber in the Gallatin National Forest. Our log house sat in a valley with the Boulder River at the edge of the property. I used to sit out on the deck on clear nights and marvel at how many stars there are up there. Sometimes, I could even see satellites pass by. I've never seen a sky so bright with starlight as I did up in the mountains of Montana. It is something a person won't ever forget.

Lonewolf Ed
08-12-2014, 09:30 PM
Cancer sucks. No doubt about it. But it is beatable. Amazing advances over the past few years. Keep a positive attitude. That is crucial. You have people you don't know pulling and praying for you. You don't have to be religious to believe in prayer. It works. It helps to give you strength and it does have a healing power.

I am a Lutheran and I believe Jesus Christ died for me. I need prayers from those of you inclined to do so to strengthen me so I can hold onto my faith as this goes on. I do not want to lose my faith. I believe that faith and honor are about the only two things a person can take with them when he or she dies. You can't take money, power, or things.

Hootie
08-12-2014, 09:33 PM
this is terrible news :(

just keep fighting man and never give up

you're in my thoughts

LiveSteam
08-12-2014, 09:36 PM
You will be in my prayers.

Ming the Merciless
08-12-2014, 09:52 PM
aww shit man

you will be in my prayers

sending healing positive energy your way my brother

bdj23
08-12-2014, 09:53 PM
Good luck and godspeed friend.

go bo
08-12-2014, 10:00 PM
You will be in my prayers.

positive thoughts coming your way ed...

my sister beat cancer at the age of 68 and you can too...

Gonzo
08-13-2014, 12:35 AM
You hang in there brother. Get well.

bowener
08-13-2014, 01:06 AM
Expiration date of 3 years? Live it up, man. See everything you can in the world, and when you kick it, know you didn't waste the last moments you had, and drift off knowing you are loved by family and internet strangers.

Sorry that this is happening to you. Don't look for a meaning, just get out and do everything you never did. When you pull through you can look back on those three years and be proud you did all of it.

Pushead2
08-13-2014, 09:31 AM
I'm sorry to hear - thoughts headed your way.

Lonewolf Ed
08-14-2014, 10:13 PM
I had NO IDEA my first chemo session would be such a long day! I got there at 8:30 am and left at 7:40 pm. Most of what I did all day was sit and wait and wait. UGH!

But, no reactions to the gunk, and I realized that the metallic taste I was told to expect was not there. Lasagna tasted like lasagna. I do have a sensitivity to cold now and my palms are itchy and a bit hot like I was told about. Now, where do I set the pump they attached to my port so I can sleep and not roll around and pull it out or have it fall on the floor... the next 2 nights are all I will have to deal with the pump until my next round. Maybe for once, I will just lie there and sleep and not spin around like the Tasmanian Devil all night.

Don Corlemahomes
08-14-2014, 10:18 PM
I had NO IDEA my first chemo session would be such a long day! I got there at 8:30 am and left at 7:40 pm. Most of what I did all day was sit and wait and wait. UGH!

But, no reactions to the gunk, and I realized that the metallic taste I was told to expect was not there. Lasagna tasted like lasagna. I do have a sensitivity to cold now and my palms are itchy and a bit hot like I was told about. Now, where do I set the pump they attached to my port so I can sleep and not roll around and pull it out or have it fall on the floor... the next 2 nights are all I will have to deal with the pump until my next round. Maybe for once, I will just lie there and sleep and not spin around like the Tasmanian Devil all night.

You are in the thoughts of many, including mine. 12 hours? You are a warrior, Mr. Ed.

Ming the Merciless
08-14-2014, 10:21 PM
you have my respect as a warrior

Bowser
08-14-2014, 10:23 PM
My wife's step mom was told she had five years when they first discovered it in her, and she made it 20. Prove them all wrong, Ed. We're all pulling for you.

wazu
08-14-2014, 10:31 PM

Keep up the fight. So after 2 nights, what then? Do you go back to everyday life stuff for awhile? When is the next round?

Lonewolf Ed
08-14-2014, 10:35 PM
Keep up the fight. So after 2 nights, what then? Do you go back to everyday life stuff for awhile? When is the next round?

Saturday, I just go back and they take the pump off. It's so I don't have to lie in a hospital bed for 2 days while it goes drip, drip, drip. Hospitals are not a place to rest, someone always comes and checks your vitals, food sucks, beds suck, etc.

I have to take meds for a while, then an "off" week where I should feel better, if the chemo does knock me around some. The doc didn't listen since I said I had a trip to Vegas on August 25th to the 28th and she said I should go. Today, they told me my next round was August 26th!! So now it will be Sept. 3rd, and that puts my being able to attend my class mini-reunion that we do every year in doubt. Thanks, Doc! :#

Strongside
08-14-2014, 10:47 PM
You got this shit Ed! Just remember, pain is weakness leaving the body. You make the rules, not some condition.

Buehler445
08-14-2014, 10:58 PM
Saturday, I just go back and they take the pump off. It's so I don't have to lie in a hospital bed for 2 days while it goes drip, drip, drip. Hospitals are not a place to rest, someone always comes and checks your vitals, food sucks, beds suck, etc.

I have to take meds for a while, then an "off" week where I should feel better, if the chemo does knock me around some. The doc didn't listen since I said I had a trip to Vegas on August 25th to the 28th and she said I should go. Today, they told me my next round was August 26th!! So now it will be Sept. 3rd, and that puts my being able to attend my class mini-reunion that we do every year in doubt. Thanks, Doc! :#

Hopefully the chemo doesn't beat you up too bad. Some people I know did real well, others got the shit kicked out of them.

Just own this shit.

Baby Lee
08-14-2014, 11:03 PM
My wife's step mom was told she had five years when they first discovered it in her, and she made it 20. Prove them all wrong, Ed. We're all pulling for you.

I know every cancer is different, but two guiding inspirations have continued to stay with me lifelong.

First is close to home, when I was 4 and my dad was 29, turning 30, he was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma. That's the 'good Hodgkin's' as lampooned by Larry David in the '00's, but was a death sentence, a bona fide no need to pack a full suitcase death sentence, in early 1976. Fortunately, my dad . . . . sorry, . . . my dad was diagnosed in mid-late 1976, when Dr. Miller was pioneering what is now a routine treatment for the condition. Today, he's puttering around Casa BL waiting for his dental bridge to come in at the dentist.

In more recent years, bald Bryan has been Adam Carolla's sidekick since he was on LA syndicated radio with Danny Bonaduce. Right around the time that they were leaving terrestrial radio, Bryan was diagnosed with an aggressive glioma, a brain tumor that, again, was an 'enjoy the next 3 months, they're your last' situation. That was 5-odd years ago, Bryan was among the first into a trial of a drug that, while it doesn't cure the cancer, arrests the growth of the tumor, which would have arrested his brain stem function and stopped his life long ago otherwise. We've gone through months of him slurring his rapport with Adam, and having to show up for broadcasts by taxi and using a cane, and it hasn't all been sunshine and roses. But it has been inspiring. And he recently completed a book tour that put a radio lackey on the top of the Time Best Seller list.

If you are one who fancies reading;

http://www.amazon.com/Shrinkage-Manhood-Marriage-Tumor-Tried/dp/1250039843

Shrinkage: Manhood, Marriage, and the Tumor That Tried to Kill Me, by Bryan Bishop.

And in the immortal seven words of Jimmy V, don't give up, . . don't ever give up.

The case of bald Bryan wasn't close family, but in some ways in the internet age, it was closer. You woke up with the news on the fledgling Carolla broadcast when Adam couldn't hardly speak about news he'd received the evening before. A man whose livelihood he'd subsumed in his move to the internet was on the brink of death with a new bride.

As recovery progressed, Bryan bravely came in and shared his life, warts and all. You shared entertainment time with a guy who was dealing with mortality and the physical effects of being drugged in near real-time. Over months you noticed subtle improvement, clearer speech, snappier jokes. Intermittently, you learned with Bryan as the physician's prognosis improved.

Bryan has not only survived, but watched Robert Schimmel, Greg Giraldo, and now Robin Williams walked through the doors of 'The Pirate Ship' as he journeyed on.

Pants
08-14-2014, 11:17 PM
Thoughts and prayers your way, Ed.

Sounds like you have some Viking blood in you so fight this to its bitter end (not yours). Like someone has already said, people beat the odds all the time.

Raiderhater58
08-15-2014, 01:24 AM
Good thoughts your way.

Lonewolf Ed
08-15-2014, 07:07 AM
I slept well, didn't tear the pump out in my sleep, don't feel sick, and am about to have breakfast once my yogurt gets warmer (cold is affecting me now, and I like cold, dammit), and then I'll take some anti-nausea meds for good measure. I haven't raaaalfed since Karneval in Denmark in 2008 and want that streak to keep going. Of course, if the streak does end, at least this time there will be no horseradish mustard shooting out my nose. That is an... intense... memory! :eek:

Bwana
08-15-2014, 07:11 AM
I slept well, didn't tear the pump out in my sleep, don't feel sick, and am about to have breakfast once my yogurt gets warmer (cold is affecting me now, and I like cold, dammit), and then I'll take some anti-nausea meds for good measure. I haven't raaaalfed since Karneval in Denmark in 2008 and want that streak to keep going. Of course, if the streak does end, at least this time there will be no horseradish mustard shooting out my nose. That is an... intense... memory! :eek:

:thumb:

ChiTown
08-15-2014, 07:25 AM
I'm not giving up on you, Ed.

We'll help you fight this any way we can. That's the thing about CP - we are a HUGE dysfunctional Family, but we're here to help when you need us.

Keep fighting, Brother!

BigMeatballDave
08-15-2014, 07:28 AM

Sounds good. Well, except for the mustard through the nose. Holy shit!

tecumseh
08-15-2014, 07:40 AM
Stay strong. I pray your faith will sustain you. Praying for many seasons reading your posts.

CanadianChief
08-15-2014, 07:48 AM

When my dad first started chemo he found that the first few days after they took him off the "baby bottle" were the worst for nausea. The docs always just told him keep taking the nausea pills during that time. If you wait till the nausea hits it's too late and harder to control.

Simply Red
08-15-2014, 07:52 AM
Hang in there Ed. I've been thinking about you a lot. no homo of course ;)

Lonewolf Ed
08-15-2014, 08:19 AM
Hang in there Ed. I've been thinking about you a lot. no homo of course ;)

That's good, because for another 7 days, I am not supposed to lift over 5 lbs. or strain my upper body, so I wouldn't be able to smite you to confound your advances!

Lonewolf Ed
08-15-2014, 08:20 AM
When my dad first started chemo he found that the first few days after they took him off the "baby bottle" were the worst for nausea. The docs always just told him keep taking the nausea pills during that time. If you wait till the nausea hits it's too late and harder to control.

Yes, I am considering the anti-nausea meds my new vitamins. Take them every day as directed!

Simply Red
08-15-2014, 08:22 AM
That's good, because for another 7 days, I am not supposed to lift over 5 lbs. or strain my upper body, so I wouldn't be able to smite you to confound your advances!

:D

Earthling
08-15-2014, 09:15 AM
One of my favorite parking lot memories was when I noticed smoke coming from a drain grate and a cop making some guy pour beers down into it, since the man foolishly dumped his hot coals in there. I always brought two gallon jugs of water since I'd dump my coals into a trash bag with some water and pour more on them to put them out. I had a gallon left so I ran over and poured it down the grate. The man was very grateful and offered me a beer, but it was Milwaukee's Beast Light so I declined. Life was too short for cheap beer, I told him.

This really made me chuckle. Good memories are kinda what its all about. Keep up the good fight.

Buehler445
08-15-2014, 09:37 AM
Yes, I am considering the anti-nausea meds my new vitamins. Take them every day as directed!

Be careful. Wife took those while she was pregnant and they plugged her up. And her prenatal vitamins had a stool softener.

No idea what you're on but the ones they give to preggos plugged her up.

Lonewolf Ed
08-16-2014, 04:13 AM
Be careful. Wife took those while she was pregnant and they plugged her up. And her prenatal vitamins had a stool softener.

No idea what you're on but the ones they give to preggos plugged her up.

I have both ends covered as they suggested a laxative and an anti-runs over the counter meds.

My first full day after starting chemo went pretty darned well. I never felt nauseated, no headaches, dizziness, or the like. My appetite was good and I ate more than I had since 5 days before. I took my anti-nausea pills first thing and another of the two kinds with breakfast, so I am treating those like my new vitamins. I never had a metallic taste in my mouth, either, but breakfast was a bit interesting. I had 2 boiled eggs, a banana, yogurt, and juice. The banana tasted normal, but the back of my mouth reacted like I had a lemon drop. Now, my lime yogurt was sour, but it was lime, so it should have been. My only problem with it is I am now sensitive to cold, so my first bite felt prickly since it was not close enough to room temp yet. The eggs and juice were normal experiences.

I was tired but not enough to nap. I had a snack, then lunch and another med that I am not supposed to take after 6 pm since it can keep me awake. That kind, I will be taking with breakfast and lunch since they are two-a-days. I did put down a bit more than the 3 quarts of liquid over the course of my day, so that is why I am awake and posting now. Hadda take care of a little something!

I started getting hiccups especially if I ate almonds, cashews, or other mixed nuts, but found that a few swallows of water would knock that back. The nurse never mentioned hiccups as a side effect, so maybe I just had the hiccups. I don't want to start thinking every sneeze, sniffle, cramp, or twinge must be cancer or chemo related. They said my cold sensitivity will become cumulative, so I scratched my head upon reading a list of foods they recommend I eat and seeing ice cream there. Milk is going to be a challenge since I'll have to heat it past the cold stage if I eat cereal or even want to just drink a glass. Before this, I loved a well chilled glass of skim to just chug down. They also said I can have beer on my off weeks, but I'd have to drink it European style. Heh, they don't know me too well, yet. All the beers I love can be drunk at room temp, and some even taste their best then.

So, I am very thankful to God for my first day after chemo, because it was a very good day. I hope the cancer had the opposite kind of day. It may yet kill me, but I want to throw punches and kicks at this foul unwanted invader so that it wonders what it had been tangling with. Back to bed with me, and let's see how Day 3 goes. I look forward to getting the pump unhooked at 1:30 pm. It's a bit of a nuisance having to wear a fanny pack with the pump in it, and set it beside my bed with the tube stretched out, hoping I don't roll over and pull it out or off onto the floor. They sent a hazmat suit just in case there is a spill. Wait a sec... the stuff being pumped IN ME for 46 hours if it somehow gets on the floor, I need to clean up with a hazmat suit on?? :eek:

kc rush
08-16-2014, 09:40 AM
They also said I can have beer on my off weeks, but I'd have to drink it European style. Heh, they don't know me too well, yet. All the beers I love can be drunk at room temp, and some even taste their best then.

So, I am very thankful to God for my first day after chemo, because it was a very good day. I hope the cancer had the opposite kind of day. It may yet kill me, but I want to throw punches and kicks at this foul unwanted invader so that it wonders what it had been tangling with.

Glad to hear this. Keep up the good fight and enjoy those beers when you can. Everyone here is pulling for you.

Otter
08-16-2014, 09:42 AM
Glad to hear this. Keep up the good fight and enjoy those beers when you can. Everyone here is pulling for you.

Yep, we'll except me. I'm tugging for LEd. Damn internet porn! :D

mdchiefsfan
08-16-2014, 09:43 AM
I have both ends covered as they suggested a laxative and an anti-runs over the counter meds.

My first full day after starting chemo went pretty darned well. I never felt nauseated, no headaches, dizziness, or the like. My appetite was good and I ate more than I had since 5 days before. I took my anti-nausea pills first thing and another of the two kinds with breakfast, so I am treating those like my new vitamins. I never had a metallic taste in my mouth, either, but breakfast was a bit interesting. I had 2 boiled eggs, a banana, yogurt, and juice. The banana tasted normal, but the back of my mouth reacted like I had a lemon drop. Now, my lime yogurt was sour, but it was lime, so it should have been. My only problem with it is I am now sensitive to cold, so my first bite felt prickly since it was not close enough to room temp yet. The eggs and juice were normal experiences.

I was tired but not enough to nap. I had a snack, then lunch and another med that I am not supposed to take after 6 pm since it can keep me awake. That kind, I will be taking with breakfast and lunch since they are two-a-days. I did put down a bit more than the 3 quarts of liquid over the course of my day, so that is why I am awake and posting now. Hadda take care of a little something!

I started getting hiccups especially if I ate almonds, cashews, or other mixed nuts, but found that a few swallows of water would knock that back. The nurse never mentioned hiccups as a side effect, so maybe I just had the hiccups. I don't want to start thinking every sneeze, sniffle, cramp, or twinge must be cancer or chemo related. They said my cold sensitivity will become cumulative, so I scratched my head upon reading a list of foods they recommend I eat and seeing ice cream there. Milk is going to be a challenge since I'll have to heat it past the cold stage if I eat cereal or even want to just drink a glass. Before this, I loved a well chilled glass of skim to just chug down. They also said I can have beer on my off weeks, but I'd have to drink it European style. Heh, they don't know me too well, yet. All the beers I love can be drunk at room temp, and some even taste their best then.

So, I am very thankful to God for my first day after chemo, because it was a very good day. I hope the cancer had the opposite kind of day. It may yet kill me, but I want to throw punches and kicks at this foul unwanted invader so that it wonders what it had been tangling with. Back to bed with me, and let's see how Day 3 goes. I look forward to getting the pump unhooked at 1:30 pm. It's a bit of a nuisance having to wear a fanny pack with the pump in it, and set it beside my bed with the tube stretched out, hoping I don't roll over and pull it out or off onto the floor. They sent a hazmat suit just in case there is a spill. Wait a sec... the stuff being pumped IN ME for 46 hours if it somehow gets on the floor, I need to clean up with a hazmat suit on?? :eek:

:rockon: kick some ass!!!

Lonewolf Ed
08-16-2014, 09:45 AM
Yep, we'll except me. I'm tugging for LEd. Damn internet porn! :D

I'm glad someone can! After that port they put in me on Tuesday, I am not to strain the upper body or lift over 5 lbs. for a total of 10 days.

Buehler445
08-16-2014, 10:21 AM
I'm glad someone can! After that port they put in me on Tuesday, I am not to strain the upper body or lift over 5 lbs. for a total of 10 days.

Your cack is >5 lb? Nice going!

ChiTown
08-16-2014, 10:22 AM
Your cack is >5 lb? Nice going!

ROFL

RINGLEADER
08-16-2014, 10:28 AM
I picture Mr. C with a bloody nose from your chemo right hook.

Let the beat down continue.

Best of luck and glad to hear you had a good day. Continued well wishes to you.

Lonewolf Ed
08-19-2014, 01:27 PM
I have a small bank account in Denmark, or my mother does and I am the second named on the account. I tried to email them about adding a beneficiary because I'd like to see that money go to my family, not the gubmint. I got an autoreply from the bank employee I've dealt with before... she will be away until OCTOBER 20!! Jeez, it must be sweet to land a job in a bank over there...

Lonewolf Ed
09-02-2014, 09:03 AM
Hey, all. I start my second round of chemo tomorrow (Wednesday Sept. 3rd) and could use all the prayers and good thoughts once again. The first round went far better than I could have hoped. None of the nasty side effects hit me. They told me I certainly would have the runs, too, but that never happened. I had some minor side effects, though, which I can deal with. For 2 days, any sort of nuts that I ate would make me hiccup, so I'll just avoid the peanuts, cashews, almonds, and pecans after today for a week. Everything I ate tasted normal, but many foods made my mouth react like I had bitten into a super sharp cheddar. My appetite was fine, though, and maybe even increased. They said I'd lose more weight, too, but I put on 2 lbs. since they last saw me. I hope it's closer to 3 lbs. by tomorrow when they weigh me. I want to see them scratching their heads wondering how I did it!

The one thing I am a bit worried about is the cold sensitivity which they say is cumulative as treatments go on. I did feel that during round one and it left me for the most part before I went to Vegas on the 25th of August. I'm used to drinking room tempertaure liquids from back when I ran deliveries. A bottle of water in that old delivery truck never stayed cold for long, unless it was winter. So if the cold sensitivity gets worse for me, I am prepared, but having to wear gloves to take anything out of the 'fridge just sucks. I like 2 boiled eggs with breakfast, and having to take them out of there with gloves on, well... I might end up having scambled eggs instead.

Also, I actually like it cooler out. My ideal day is 52 or 53 degrees, and I can be out in shorts and a t-shirt as long as it isn't raining or extremely windy and I will be very comfortable. I don't want to have to bundle up and wear a muffler to keep cool air out of my lungs. I know that if I have to, then I have to, but I never have to like it. Maybe since I do like it cooler out, this cold sensitivity won't be as bad for me as it might be for others. I'll find out, I suppose.

Easy 6
09-02-2014, 09:08 AM
Hey, all. I start my second round of chemo tomorrow (Wednesday Sept. 3rd) and could use all the prayers and good thoughts once again. The first round went far better than I could have hoped. None of the nasty side effects hit me. They told me I certainly would have the runs, too, but that never happened. I had some minor side effects, though, which I can deal with. For 2 days, any sort of nuts that I ate would make me hiccup, so I'll just avoid the peanuts, cashews, almonds, and pecans after today for a week. Everything I ate tasted normal, but many foods made my mouth react like I had bitten into a super sharp cheddar. My appetite was fine, though, and maybe even increased. They said I'd lose more weight, too, but I put on 2 lbs. since they last saw me. I hope it's closer to 3 lbs. by tomorrow when they weigh me. I want to see them scratching their heads wondering how I did it!

The one thing I am a bit worried about is the cold sensitivity which they say is cumulative as treatments go on. I did feel that during round one and it left me for the most part before I went to Vegas on the 25th of August. I'm used to drinking room tempertaure liquids from back when I ran deliveries. A bottle of water in that old delivery truck never stayed cold for long, unless it was winter. So if the cold sensitivity gets worse for me, I am prepared, but having to wear gloves to take anything out of the 'fridge just sucks. I like 2 boiled eggs with breakfast, and having to take them out of there with gloves on, well... I might end up having scambled eggs instead.

Also, I actually like it cooler out. My ideal day is 52 or 53 degrees, and I can be out in shorts and a t-shirt as long as it isn't raining or extremely windy and I will be very comfortable. I don't want to have to bundle up and wear a muffler to keep cool air out of my lungs. I know that if I have to, then I have to, but I never have to like it. Maybe since I do like it cooler out, this cold sensitivity won't be as bad for me as it might be for others. I'll find out, I suppose.

You've already bucked multiple typical side effects, if anyone can buck another its you, old chap :thumb:

Keep fighting the good fight!

kepp
09-02-2014, 09:08 AM
Prayers coming your way...

ROYC75
09-02-2014, 09:09 AM

Hang in there bud, stay positive and whip this!

Prayers & Thoughts your way.

IA_Chiefs_fan
09-02-2014, 09:14 AM
I work all the time and tend to miss some time with my family. After reading your story I have made it a goal to carve out a little more one-on-one time with my kids.

I hope you can continue to respond well to treatments with minimal side effects. Thinking of you...

blaise
09-02-2014, 09:16 AM
I don't really know what to say other than I really hope you get better, dude.

Lonewolf Ed
09-02-2014, 09:21 AM
I work all the time and tend to miss some time with my family. After reading your story I have made it a goal to carve out a little more one-on-one time with my kids.

I hope you can continue to respond well to treatments with minimal side effects. Thinking of you...

That made me smile. Take it from me, one who has never been married and has no kids, you are blessed. I have, however, been a father figure to a few kids and it made me realize that if I could be someone that a child looks up to, loves, and trusts, then that is a very big part of what goes into making me a good man. Being a good father is one of the most important jobs a man can have.

Lonewolf Ed
09-02-2014, 09:25 AM
I don't really know what to say other than I really hope you get better, dude.

Thank you! If I do get better, then that will sure baffle my doc who said I don't have a chance. She told me without treatment, I'd be dead within 10 weeks and with it, the best I can hope for is another 3 years. She's a shining beacon of hope, huh?

Easy 6
09-02-2014, 09:26 AM
Thank you! If I do get better, then that will sure baffle my doc who said I don't have a chance. She told me without treatment, I'd be dead within 10 weeks and with it, the best I can hope for is another 3 years. She's a shining beacon of hope, huh?

I would seriously be demanding a different doc.

Mav
09-02-2014, 09:35 AM
I'm with you bro!

Lonewolf Ed
09-02-2014, 09:36 AM
I would seriously be demanding a different doc.

I don't hold it against her for the bad news since she had to tell me, but if I end up proving her wrong, I might do the Happy Hamster Dance in front of her.

LiveSteam
09-02-2014, 09:39 AM

Jeez Lonewolf. I'm another one that's not sure what to say.
You have my promise to pray for you, your health & that you beat this.
Have you searched out a second opinion?

Lonewolf Ed
09-02-2014, 09:44 AM
Oh, almost forgot... I have to go up to the cancer center today at 2 pm for a meeting with the psychology intern they hooked me up with. I guess they want to be sure I won't go to the top of the parking garage and do a swan dive. Gotta avoid those lawsuits!

I just hope she doesn't ask me what I want to talk about... 'cause I got nothin'. If she tries that tactic where they ask you a question that just rephrases what you say, I'll do the same and play "tennis" with her and see if she catches on.

Her: So, what do you want to talk about?
Me: I don't know, can't think of anything.
Her: So you aren't sure how to start?
Me: Do I seem reluctant or hesitant?
Her: Do you think you are holding back?
Me: I come across like I'm holding back?
Her: *blink blink*
Me: Sooo, how much is the bill for this going to be? :mad:

Lonewolf Ed
09-02-2014, 09:45 AM
Jeez Lonewolf. I'm another one that's not sure what to say.
You have my promise to pray for you, your health & that you beat this.
Have you searched out a second opinion?

Yes, I got in contact with MD Anderson in Houston, picked a doc from Dublin. I figure if anyone has a shot of fixing my supposedly incurable liver, it would be an Irishman.

J Diddy
09-02-2014, 09:48 AM
Yes, I got in contact with MD Anderson in Houston, picked a doc from Dublin. I figure if anyone has a shot of fixing my supposedly incurable liver, it would be an Irishman.

heh
It's good to see you still got a sense of humor. You're in my thoughts and prayers man.

Buck
09-02-2014, 10:16 AM
Pulling for you Ed. I hope you continue to not feel any of the side effects!

TEX
09-02-2014, 10:43 AM

M.D. Anderson is AWESOME! A buddy of mine had stage 4 cancer of the esophagas which did spread to his liver. That type of cancer is most often times fatal. That was 6 years ago, he is cancer free now. No markers anywhere on any tests! I know many of people who have won the fight who were treated at M.D. Anderson. You are in the best hands possible. :thumb:

Buehler445
09-02-2014, 10:45 AM
Oh, almost forgot... I have to go up to the cancer center today at 2 pm for a meeting with the psychology intern they hooked me up with. I guess they want to be sure I won't go to the top of the parking garage and do a swan dive. Gotta avoid those lawsuits!

I just hope she doesn't ask me what I want to talk about... 'cause I got nothin'. If she tries that tactic where they ask you a question that just rephrases what you say, I'll do the same and play "tennis" with her and see if she catches on.

How much is the bill ROFL

All the best man. Put your shitkicking boots on and go to work bud.

ThaVirus
09-02-2014, 10:58 AM
Good luck, man. Seriously.

Bwana
09-02-2014, 11:34 AM

Knock it out of the park, again!

Tombstone RJ
09-02-2014, 11:40 AM

Sorry to hear this news, my best wishes are for you and your family. Fight the good fight, remain positive, hope for the best and prepare for the worst, peace to you.

Tombstone RJ
09-02-2014, 11:42 AM

Call out to Christ Jesus my friend, start going to a solid Biblical church.

Gonzo
09-02-2014, 11:49 AM
I don't hold it against her for the bad news since she had to tell me, but if I end up proving her wrong, I might do the Happy Hamster Dance in front of her.

Yeah... Time for a new doc, man. You hang in there and kick it's ass.

TimBone
09-02-2014, 11:58 AM
Sounds like you're kicking ass, Ed. Keep that up!

Fat Elvis
09-02-2014, 11:59 AM

All the best!

JohnnyHammersticks
09-02-2014, 01:08 PM
Cannabis oil. You have nothing to lose by trying. Even if it's in Mexico. People can talk shit all they want. I don't know if it will work but anything is worth trying at this point.

This!

At stage 4, you'll need to start with a good-sized amount, but it could possibly help. A couple drops of oil on a cracker twice/day. You'll feel somewhat "stoned", and maybe you'll start liking Phish and the Grateful Dead, but other than that, you should feel relatively normal. If you're up for giving this a try, please message me, I might be able to help. There's a lot of good cutting edge research coming out of Spain and Israel about cannabis oil and cancer (and Alzheimer's), and you can find it through Google by searching "cannabis oil cancer". My mother has beginning stage Alzheimer's, and she's taking 1 drop/day on a cracker for the 1st 30 days, then a few times/week after that. Whatever you choose to do, good luck to you, you're in my prayers.

http://www.sfweekly.com/sanfrancisco/miracle-cannabis-oil-may-treat-cancer-but-money-and-the-law-stand-in-the-way-of-finding-out/Content?oid=2825695

RNR
09-02-2014, 01:23 PM
For what it is worth I had a close friend with stage 4 cancer with a very similar diagnoses. He fought hard and had several quality years. He was originally told to get his matters in order as he most likely had weeks left. Fight hard and keep positive. I wish you all the best in this battle and will continue to hope for an “in remission” thread~

Lonewolf Ed
09-02-2014, 05:47 PM
Call out to Christ Jesus my friend, start going to a solid Biblical church.

I have been and I know all the prayers that have gone up on my behalf are what helped me through round one. I need them to keep coming for round two and beyond!

Lonewolf Ed
09-02-2014, 05:50 PM
The meeting with the psych-intern went well. She didn't do any of that question twisting stuff. They wanted to assess my emotional and mental state dealing with this. So far, so good, and maybe even better than she hoped for on both my emotional and mental state. I was able to focus despite how extremely cute she is, too.

chief4life
09-02-2014, 05:56 PM
I am sorry to hear of your bad news :( Keep you your head held high and Never give up! Live your life to the fullest and cherish all the small things. I'll be praying for you.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-02-2014, 06:07 PM
Nothing but love for you, Ed. Believe that you will win. Believe it with all your heart. We will too. My prayers are with you.

JakeLV
09-02-2014, 06:10 PM
The meeting with the psych-intern went well. She didn't do any of that question twisting stuff. They wanted to assess my emotional and mental state dealing with this. So far, so good, and maybe even better than she hoped for on both my emotional and mental state. I was able to focus despite how extremely cute she is, too.

Sounds like that movie 50/50.

Hopefully you get the same happy ending.

Easy 6
09-02-2014, 06:31 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vtU4_Pf9aqo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lonewolf Ed
09-02-2014, 06:34 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vtU4_Pf9aqo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:p

New World Order
09-02-2014, 06:40 PM
That's awful. Ed I hope you pull through. Cheers buddy.

R8RFAN
09-02-2014, 06:49 PM
Prayers to you Ed

BWillie
09-02-2014, 06:52 PM
Hang in there man. Show that doc 3 years aint no thang

PHOG
09-02-2014, 06:57 PM
Ed...prayers are sent your way and to anyone that is lucky enough to know you.

kappa72202
09-02-2014, 07:31 PM
prayers sent up for you Ed. Hang in there.

SaltyDog
09-02-2014, 09:51 PM
Never give up Ed and draw strength from the good will of all of us here, I do not know you but I can relate to you in some ways as I am going through some rough times right now. It all started in April at the hospital with a mini stroke, high blood pressure,high cholesterol and diabetes, later on they found a blockage in my bile tubes that could not be unblocked due to a mass exerting pressure on them. the plan now is to remove this mass on Friday by a Whipple procedure which will put me out of action for a few months, the doctor says it can be removed and feels confident he will get it all out (hope so) Anyways my prayers are with you and shoot one this way.

OldSchool
09-02-2014, 10:03 PM
Keep up the good fight Ed, we're all pulling for you.

Kaepernick
09-02-2014, 10:46 PM
JFC what is going on around here I'm scared to go to the doc at this point. Man that is tough dude all the best if theres anything I can do to help let me know.

That is why it is so critical to have the dreaded regular colonoscopies when you age. I don't know how old you are, but 45 is not too young to start having them.

I just had my first one at 55 and they snipped off like 7 polyps. Due back in 3 years. This probably saved my life at some point.

Kaepernick
09-02-2014, 10:50 PM
Prayers for you Lonewolf, but I really hope you are a man of faith, because it is a great comfort whatever the outcome.

I can't possibly know what it is like, but last winter, we spent 9 months watching my 38 year old baby brother die of an unknown cancer source that spread to his liver and was just too advanced to treat. Chemo extended his life few months but it was not good quality.

May you be blessed with Peace and Forgiveness through the process and whatever the outcome. Live every day like it is your last and anybody who doesn't like you doing that can just go to hell.

I am so sorry for what you are going through. It is no consolation, I know, but when my baby brother got cancer, we mentioned it to others, and it seemed like EVERYBODY, and I mean everyone knows somebody that died from cancer and went through Chemo and hospice.

May God have mercy on you and heal you, if not miraculously, then at least into remission for a few years so you get a second chance to do everything you have ever wanted to do before it comes back. Since it doesn't look good, I will just pray for Peace for you in your ordeal. May God be with you.

Kaepernick
09-02-2014, 10:54 PM

That's sick. Must have felt like as bad as a jalapeño enema. That's nasty.

Strongside
09-02-2014, 10:57 PM
Ed, where do you live? Are you in KC? Sorry if it's been asked in this thread already.

BeeHo
09-02-2014, 11:15 PM
if you've got family history of colon cancer, then going at 45 years of age or maybe even 40 could be justified. My uncle in Germany passed away last January from stage 4 colon but he never did his colonoscopy even though it was FREE in Germany. so just in case i'll get my colonoscopy at 45 latest.

Toay, I just met a 20YOF patient who was just diagnosed with cancer with only 6 months according to her doc. truly sad.

BUT i believe in miracles: a different patient of mine has been through breast cancer, basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma. 14 years in remission too. lucky gal

So good luck to you

Al Bundy
09-03-2014, 04:04 AM
Reading about this has made me schedule a colonoscopy as part of my yearly exam in a month. LWEd you have always been a pretty cool cat and I am really sorry to read about you having to go through this. I really do hope you will beat this thing.

Lonewolf Ed
09-03-2014, 04:27 AM
Prayers for you Lonewolf, but I really hope you are a man of faith, because it is a great comfort whatever the outcome.

I can't possibly know what it is like, but last winter, we spent 9 months watching my 38 year old baby brother die of an unknown cancer source that spread to his liver and was just too advanced to treat. Chemo extended his life few months but it was not good quality.

May you be blessed with Peace and Forgiveness through the process and whatever the outcome. Live every day like it is your last and anybody who doesn't like you doing that can just go to hell.

I am so sorry for what you are going through. It is no consolation, I know, but when my baby brother got cancer, we mentioned it to others, and it seemed like EVERYBODY, and I mean everyone knows somebody that died from cancer and went through Chemo and hospice.

May God have mercy on you and heal you, if not miraculously, then at least into remission for a few years so you get a second chance to do everything you have ever wanted to do before it comes back. Since it doesn't look good, I will just pray for Peace for you in your ordeal. May God be with you.

Thank you and I while I don't know how this will turn out, I have put it all in God's hands. I'm trying to be okay with either outcome, that being, I make it or I don't. People have been telling me to live everyday like it is my last, and I understand the reason. But, I feel content within myself. If I should find myself taking my last breath, I won't spend it saying, "Oh, no! I never got to go (fill in the blank)" or "I never did (fill in the blank.)" The things I love doing in this life, I have done. I would like to keep on doing those things, of course, but as it pertains to me and my life, I've experienced great joys and adventures as well as pains and loss, so aside from trivial stuff like seeing the Chiefs win lots of playoff games (and I was too young to notice them win the Super Bowl), my life has been full.

Lonewolf Ed
09-03-2014, 04:34 AM
if you've got family history of colon cancer, then going at 45 years of age or maybe even 40 could be justified. My uncle in Germany passed away last January from stage 4 colon but he never did his colonoscopy even though it was FREE in Germany. so just in case i'll get my colonoscopy at 45 latest.

Toay, I just met a 20YOF patient who was just diagnosed with cancer with only 6 months according to her doc. truly sad.

BUT i believe in miracles: a different patient of mine has been through breast cancer, basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma. 14 years in remission too. lucky gal

So good luck to you

Thanks so much for the good wishes. If I had a colonoscopy 5 or 6 years ago, maybe there just would have been a polyp they could have snipped out, and the worst of the whole experience would have been the prep for the colonoscopy. But, no one in my family has had colon cancer except my uncle, and he was my mom's brother-in-law. There have been some others with cancer, but very few. So I may be the first with colon cancer that got my liver, too. So, several years ago, I wouldn't have just had a wild thought to go get my colon scoped. I felt fine, you know? Plus, they probably would have told me to not worry about it until I was 50. Up until now, I have lived a life almost free of doctors. I looked at docs sort of like cops, in that life is better if neither of them know my face or name.

Lonewolf Ed
09-03-2014, 04:36 AM
Ed, where do you live? Are you in KC? Sorry if it's been asked in this thread already.

I live in Olathe, but not the sunny side. I'm over on the 66061 side of town, actually outside the city limits.

Kaepernick
09-03-2014, 04:38 AM
Thank you and I while I don't know how this will turn out, I have put it all in God's hands. I'm trying to be okay with either outcome, that being, I make it or I don't. People have been telling me to live everyday like it is my last, and I understand the reason. But, I feel content within myself. If I should find myself taking my last breath, I won't spend it saying, "Oh, no! I never got to go (fill in the blank)" or "I never did (fill in the blank.)" The things I love doing in this life, I have done. I would like to keep on doing those things, of course, but as it pertains to me and my life, I've experienced great joys and adventures as well as pains and loss, so aside from trivial stuff like seeing the Chiefs win lots of playoff games (and I was too young to notice them win the Super Bowl), my life has been full.

You have a great, stable, mature level-headed attitude going into this ordeal. Nobody here will lie to you. If the doctors say you don't have much time left, you likely don't. There is nothing anyone can say to make you feel better about that, so I am glad that you show tremendous strength in dealing with it. Many of us will deal with this at some point in our lives, and none of us knows how we are going to deal with it - depression, attacking the people helping us, defeatism, escapism. I will probably choose escapism. Just pretend it isn't happening. Pretend I have the flu and refinance the house for another 30 years.

God be with you. Whatever it takes to maintain your peace of mind through this, do it.

You have already resigned to putting your life and health and mind frame in God's hands, and that is really the most comforting thing you can do. The Lord will comfort you.

My baby brother died of liver cancer at 38. And I will always wonder, never knowing, if in that instant when he was drawing his last, feint, labored breath he didn't look on the verge of heaven and think, "Gee guys, you have really got to see this! It is going to blow your mind. If you knew what was coming, you would do anything to get there NOW!"

God bless you and you will be in my prayers. A nice miraculous remission to give you a bit of time back to appreciate before you go, will be my prayer request. Nothing greedy, just a couple of years. I will also pray that your symptoms are mild and your appetite is good.

Eleazar
09-03-2014, 06:07 AM
if you've got family history of colon cancer, then going at 45 years of age or maybe even 40 could be justified.

It's 35 if you are high risk, like a first degree relative or a history of polyps

BigChiefFan
09-03-2014, 06:12 AM
God bless you, man. Thoughts and prayers for you.

Lonewolf Ed
09-03-2014, 06:44 AM
Ok, first appointment is over. The nurse had to take blood and the needle is still in my port since I will be hooked up to chemo bags later. She didn't hurt me when she stuck me, but that needle is feeling a bit like a large splinter stuck in my chest. Oh, well, the ingrown hair on my chest where they shaved me felt like a cactus needle and I used the tweezers on it. I am stuck, no pun intended, with this needle for a couple of days, though.

Imon Yourside
09-03-2014, 06:58 AM
Hang in there ED, the most helpful thing u can do is stay positive. Keeping you in my prayers man, no reason you can't beat this. ;)

kepp
09-03-2014, 07:17 AM
Reading about this has made me schedule a colonoscopy as part of my yearly exam in a month. LWEd you have always been a pretty cool cat and I am really sorry to read about you having to go through this. I really do hope you will beat this thing.

I believe I recall reading a "colonoscopy preparation" thread a while back...pretty entertaining.

Buehler445
09-03-2014, 07:27 AM

Dude. That's awesome. You are a man among boys.

I can safely say that if I were in your shoes, I would not have the same attitude as you. You are an outstanding individual.

Lonewolf Ed
09-03-2014, 07:36 AM
Thank you very much. I pray I can hold onto my views and faith as this goes on. To be honest, I am terrified of suffering.

Eleazar
09-03-2014, 07:48 AM
I believe I recall reading a "colonoscopy preparation" thread a while back...pretty entertaining.

What's that stuff called? Go Lytely? Good times.

kepp
09-03-2014, 07:51 AM
What's that stuff called? Go Lytely? Good times.

Yep, that's it. I went through the prep a few years back and I certainly didn't go lightly. They should change the name. Maybe "Colon Blow"?

Eleazar
09-03-2014, 07:53 AM
Yep, that's it. I went through the prep a few years back and I certainly didn't go lightly. They should change the name. Maybe "Colon Blow"?

"Spud gun"?

stonedstooge
09-03-2014, 08:08 AM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5S3M2UsGjG8?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>ong

A song that I always turn to when times are bad. Hope it gives you strength

Lonewolf Ed
09-03-2014, 10:24 AM
Hey, all. I got some good news today. My blood tests showed that my platelets are good so I don't have to be extra careful shaving. Also, my liver is functioning properly, just as well as someone without cancer in it. Yes, I still have cancer and all, but I don't care how small of a shred of good news is, I will take it!

58-4ever
09-03-2014, 10:49 AM
Dude. That's awesome. You are a man among boys.

I can safely say that if I were in your shoes, I would not have the same attitude as you. You are an outstanding individual.

this all day long

58-4ever
09-03-2014, 10:50 AM
Hey, all. I got some good news today. My blood tests showed that my platelets are good so I don't have to be extra careful shaving. Also, my liver is functioning properly, just as well as someone without cancer in it. Yes, I still have cancer and all, but I don't care how small of a shred of good news is, I will take it!

Awesome!!

Buehler445
09-03-2014, 10:55 AM

Fuck yes you will. Glad for you buddy.

Graystoke
09-03-2014, 10:56 AM

Hey that's good news.
Stay strong.
Your outlook is brave and awesome.
Prayers be with you.

Lonewolf Ed
09-03-2014, 11:50 AM
I am chuckling about my brother. He is too cold sitting here in the room with me while my chemo bags go drip drip drip. I just have jeans and a t-shirt on, but I feel just fine. My arm is not even cold and the gunk they are dripping into me is room temperature, so why are my hands warm and my brother is cold? LMAO

BlackHelicopters
09-03-2014, 11:53 AM
Continued prayers

JakeLV
09-03-2014, 11:56 AM

Keep kicking ass dude.

Lonewolf Ed
09-03-2014, 05:56 PM
I am pleased to report that my odd side effects are back, and not the nasty ones, but there is still time for those to show up. Right now, however, I am doing fine and have that pump hooked up to me and I get it unhooked on Friday at noon-thirty, so I may just be able to make my class mini-reunion after all. I ate dinner, made burritos and had about a half pound of seasoned ground beef, yellow onion, salsa, cheese, and refried beans in two flour tortillas. My salivary glands in the back of my mouth tweaked harder than during my first round of chemo, so that took me by surprise a bit. I sort of did a little dance sitting down in the chair. But, stuff tastes normal despite my mouth reacting like it's very sour, so I can deal with that again. My cold sensitivity is back, which is to be expected, but it's not as bad as it was starting out after round one, which is not what they expect. I've been told the cold sensitivity is cumulative.

Maybe like when they were so surprised to see I'd gained 4 pounds, I'll give 'em more to scratch their heads over the next they see me, too!

Cancer, you invading bastard, you may yet kill me, but you're going to have to give it a hell of a lot more to beat me! I know where you are and I am taking the battle to you, ya prick!

Buzz
09-03-2014, 06:00 PM
Continued prayers my friend, hang in there.

TimBone
09-03-2014, 06:04 PM

You're about to kick some serious ass, Ed.

ShowtimeSBMVP
09-03-2014, 06:05 PM
Sending more prayers your way.

Lonewolf Ed
09-03-2014, 06:06 PM
You're about to kick some serious ass, Ed.

I'm giving it my all. I posted a pic of me from back in 2003 I think in Cabo where I found a Viking helmet in a gift shop. I may not be in the shape now that I was then, but that warrior is still within me and he's ready for a fight.

BigMeatballDave
09-03-2014, 06:06 PM

Great news!

Keep kicking cancer ass!