PDA

View Full Version : Football You think grammar is bad on The Planet??

InChiefsHeaven
08-12-2014, 11:09 AM
This is the opening paragraph from the Yahoo Sports article on how Miami just signed Brady Quinn:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dolphins-sign-qb-quinn-waive-140008399--nfl.html

The Miami Dolphins signed quarterback Brady Quinn and waived/injured Pat Devlin. Quinn was brought in for a workout Monday with the team concerned with the backup job to starter Ryan Tannehill with Matt Moore recovering from a shoulder injury and Devlin slowly by a hamstring injury of late.

****ing WHAAAAT??:bong:

Big Poppa Payne
08-12-2014, 11:11 AM
Yahoo is the worst man, I don't think they have editors.

MahiMike
08-12-2014, 11:18 AM
Journalism is dead.

Frosty
08-12-2014, 11:25 AM
I think it is bad almost everywhere.

Also, imo, Matt Moore would have had a decent NFL career if he didn't have Moeaki Disease. :(

ptlyon
08-12-2014, 11:39 AM
This country has gone to hell since they stopped showing School House Rock on Saturday mornings

BWillie
08-12-2014, 11:39 AM
Don't care. If you can understand the thought process and point the author is trying to make, it doesn't matter. IMO, grammar is the most worthless things out there. It's only for people that wish to be proper, and knowledge of perfect, 100% accurate grammar is not necessary. Nothing more I hate than grammar Nazis, and yes I realize we are talking about a published article. I still dun currs

ptlyon
08-12-2014, 11:43 AM
Don't care. If you can understand the thought process and point the author is trying to make, it doesn't matter. IMO, grammar is the most worthless things out there. It's only for people that wish to be proper, and knowledge of perfect, 100% accurate grammar is not necessary. Nothing more I hate than grammar Nazis, and yes I realize we are talking about a published article. I still dun currs

Did you bag your squirrel for supper already?

Canofbier
08-12-2014, 12:19 PM

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140611160252/videogames-fanon/images/6/6f/You_don%27t_say%3F.jpg

Mennonite
08-12-2014, 12:29 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8Gv0H-vPoDc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Discuss Thrower
08-12-2014, 01:14 PM
Journalism is dead.

Because people are cheap and always want the lowest common denominator of almost anything that isn't capable of being touched.

Baby Lee
08-12-2014, 01:15 PM

Dan Skippeh Brah!! N bathen and highjean is juss a wasse a tiem.

Bufkin
08-12-2014, 01:19 PM
Yahoo averages a good 3 or 4 grammatical errors per story. I would trust Jett Travolta's writing skills over anybody that is employed by Yahoo.

Donger
08-12-2014, 01:22 PM
Don't care. If you can understand the thought process and point the author is trying to make, it doesn't matter. IMO, grammar is the most worthless things out there. It's only for people that wish to be proper, and knowledge of perfect, 100% accurate grammar is not necessary. Nothing more I hate than grammar NAZIs, and yes I realize we are talking about a published article. I still dun currs

FYP.

BWillie
08-12-2014, 02:08 PM
Fuck yu guise. I du wat I want

cosmo20002
08-12-2014, 02:16 PM
You think grammar is bad on The Planet??

It's called livesteam syndrome.
Not learning too/to/two, there/their/they're, your/you're, border/boarder by the time you've reach age 50.

millionth butt plug comment coming up...

The Red Death
08-12-2014, 03:10 PM
Before I got to the highlighted part, I thought you were referring to the first sentence as well.

"The Miami Dolphins signed quarterback Brady Quinn and waived/injured Pat Devlin."

So they waived and injured him?

displacedinMN
08-12-2014, 05:49 PM
https://covers.openlibrary.org/b/id/7124372-M.jpg

I had to complete this book for a class, maybe YAHOO should too.

ptlyon
08-12-2014, 07:17 PM
Before I got to the highlighted part, I thought you were referring to the first sentence as well.

"The Miami Dolphins signed quarterback Brady Quinn and waived/injured Pat Devlin."

So they waived and injured him?

Nancy Kerrigan 'd his ass

InChiefsHeaven
08-12-2014, 08:22 PM

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/5991334912/h1BCA00E5/