PDA

View Full Version : Football Why Your Team Sucks 2014: Kansas City Chiefs

listopencil
08-15-2014, 10:57 AM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--2B0N6N6F--/da0hxqfa8e9gt3xjqli0.png (http://deadspin.com/)
<form method="GET" class="search search-simple" action="/search"><input placeholder="Search" name="q" class="mbn" data-focus-on-display="" type="text">
</form>
<header class="">Why Your Team Sucks 2014: Kansas City Chiefs (http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2014-kansas-city-chiefs-1622150776)

</header>

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--gux9kTqM--/cnflukvqsohdacewtlgo.jpg

Some people are fans of the Kansas City Chiefs. But many, many more people are NOT fans of the Kansas City Chiefs. This 2014 Deadspin NFL team preview is for those in the latter group.

Your team: Kansas City Chiefs.

Your 2013 record: 11-5. No franchise in football is better at rendering a successful regular season utterly pointless than the Chiefs. Remember: this team was coming off a 2-14 season in which the GM and coach witnessed one of the players commit suicide at the team facility (I believe Roger Goodell retroactively suspended Jovan Belcher for half a game after the fact). So going 11-5 without incident sounds like a fantastic leap forward, right? Well, see … Look, if you're a Chiefs fan, you should emotionally prepare yourself before we rehash all of this:

This team was up 38-10 over the Colts with just over 13 minutes to go in the third quarter. After that, a giant chasm opened up in the space-time continuum and Andrew Luck was granted Santa Claus powers. Seriously, he had FOREVER to come back. Every time five minutes ticked off the clock in that game, 10 additional minutes were added to it. And to cap it all off, everyone for the Chiefs got hurt: Jamaal Charles, Brandon Flowers, the bus driver, EVERYONE. By the time the comeback was finished, the Chiefs had nothing but Alex Smith and a bag of old onions left. Cyrus Gray could have stopped the bleeding by catching a sure touchdown, but he dropped it because that is what happens when you put the Chiefs in the playoffs. It was sad and shocking and yet somehow predictable and 100% preventable because…

Your coach: Andy Reid. OH YEAH!
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--rEmwp-Tp--/ms3rqdif4qx14qxru6ma.gif

The Chiefs passed the ball TWENTY-FIVE times in the second half in that game against the Colts. Whyyyyyyyyy??? Why would you do that? This team was averaging 4.7 yards per carry that game. Knile Davis was DESTROYING the Colts. And yet here is Andy Reid, who can never help himself, calling eight million passes and extending the game by 50 hours. Jesus. It's like the polar inverse of Martyball. Every year, fans scream at Andy Reid to run the ball more when his team is running well and he never listens. Why does he hate running the ball? Does it remind him of exercise? By the way, Jamaal Charles got a new contract this offseason. Which means it will be twice as infuriating when Andy Reid doesn't run him enough.

Your quarterback: Alex Smith, who wants $17 million a year (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000376259/article/alex-smith-not-interested-in-andy-daltontype-contract) from the Chiefs because he has deemed himself ELITE. Watching Alex Smith play quarterback is like playing the penny slots: not much risk, not much reward, you're obviously the broke dude just trying to get through the rest of the night without incurring serious financial harm. Football Outsiders ranked Smith as the 20<sup>th</sup> most effective QB in football last season, behind even Sam Bradford, who is dead. Smith threw for just over 3,000 yards and was only picked off seven times last season. You know had a better season than that for Kansas City a few years back? Matt Cassel. So yes, let's pony up **** You money for the guy whose ceiling is somewhere south of Prime Matt Cassel.

I bet they extend him within the next two weeks.

What's new that sucks: Dexter McCluster is gone! OH NO! Now the Chiefs are left with just six fragile, undersized hybrid backs. Left tackle Branden Albert is gone, and now #1 pick and TMQ wet dream Eric Fisher will have to protect Smith's blind side, despite being ****ing terrible last season. The secondary that allowed Andrew Luck to come back from 28 points down despite throwing a billion interceptions is somehow worse than a year ago. There is no one at corner. And the team failed to provide Smith with any additional weapons to throw too many short passes to.

That Colts comeback wasn't even the end of last season's misery. Turns out the Chiefs now know how to concuss each other in exhibition games (http://deadspin.com/chief-on-chief-violence-at-the-pro-bowl-1510005756), so look forward to more of that. Also, they tased the one black Chiefs fan (http://deadspin.com/chiefs-fan-gets-tasered-by-arrowhead-security-1618142953) in the stands this preseason. MISSOURI.

By the way, given all the shit with Ray Rice and Greg Hardy this offseason, it's amazing that the Chiefs could sever ties with Romeo Crennel and Scott Pioli and effectively render the Jovan Belcher murder/suicide all but forgotten. That all happened less than two years ago. And it happened mid-season. And only NOW is the NFL starting to talk about domestic violence and what not. The League still really doesn't talk about mental health issues with players (Belcher, Junior Seau) at all. It's just, "Welp, that happened! Let's wait for it to happen again!" Trauma doesn't just magically erase itself.

What has always sucked: God, Dwayne Bowe is still here. He'll never be as good as he was in 2010. At least Josh Gordon had the courtesy to be suspended and literally be absent from games. With Bowe, you go into every Chiefs game knowing he could catch three touchdowns but will choose to draw penises on the playsheet instead. I look forward to Andy Reid scheming six fourth quarter drops for him with a two-touchdown lead on a capable opponent.

All of this will be in service of a KC fanbase whose loudness is vastly overrated (the Chiefs have nine home wins in the past three years). It's the Chiefs who began the decibel-scale arms race between fans that has led to the Seahawks having the most obnoxious fanbase in the universe. So thanks for that, Kansas City. Assholes. The only way Kansas City makes anything good is by burning it. The best song about Kansas City is about the fear that someone from Kansas City is about to visit.

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hP0aRVlWEuo" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Worst of all, Kansas City is the city that allowed Jason Whitlock to have a career. I blame hip hop. Also, someone made this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Pr3DZVsKwbQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What is this? This is shit.

What might not suck: This is an Andy Reid team, so they will always be competitive. The front seven is great. Charles is a beast. Like, they'll tie the game 20-20 and then elect to punt from the opposing 35 with 10 seconds left. They will always manage to underachieve in a telegenic manner.

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2014-kansas-city-chiefs-1622150776

ptlyon
08-15-2014, 11:05 AM
Qnatious

WakkaWakka
08-15-2014, 11:07 AM
ROFL

Simplicity
08-15-2014, 11:10 AM
Peyton Manning

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-15-2014, 11:19 AM
Perfect.

Skyy God
08-15-2014, 11:23 AM
Nope, not re-watching the playoff game highlights.

ThaVirus
08-15-2014, 11:25 AM
I've only ever read this and the Chargers version someone posted recently but..

This dude knows football.

Bugeater
08-15-2014, 11:27 AM
I already knew why they sucked but thanks anyway.

Mr. Laz
08-15-2014, 11:29 AM
did the dude from Walter's write this?

Beef Supreme
08-15-2014, 11:32 AM
One of the comments they have quoted:

"This franchise has fucked me so many times that it should at least make me a mix tape."

ModSocks
08-15-2014, 11:33 AM
Pretty much spot on.

Beef Supreme
08-15-2014, 11:41 AM
Another gem:

"The last time I went to a Chiefs game a single 50ish man in a 25 year old rusted out pickup parked next to us. I watched him for the next 30 minutes down a fifth of Jack and polish of 2 joints without getting out of the drivers seat. He proceeded to stumble out of his car and just kept yelling CHIEEEFFFFS as he stumbled toward the stadium. No one even batted an eye and just yelled it right back to him."

ptlyon
08-15-2014, 11:43 AM
Another gem:

"The last time I went to a Chiefs game a single 50ish man in a 25 year old rusted out pickup parked next to us. I watched him for the next 30 minutes down a fifth of Jack and polish of 2 joints without getting out of the drivers seat. He proceeded to stumble out of his car and just kept yelling CHIEEEFFFFS as he stumbled toward the stadium. No one even batted an eye and just yelled it right back to him."

Hey, I know that dude

Skyy God
08-15-2014, 11:43 AM
did the dude from Walter's write this?

Drew Magary. He writes the weekly NFL column for Deadspin (and used to write for KSK).

Chiefnj2
08-15-2014, 12:11 PM
(I believe Roger Goodell retroactively suspended Jovan Belcher for half a game after the fact).
- Brilliant.

eDave
08-15-2014, 12:13 PM
Awww. I missed that Big Andy gif.

OH YEAH!

TLO
08-15-2014, 12:14 PM
CHUEFS

Halfcan
08-15-2014, 12:16 PM
dumb

rico
08-15-2014, 12:17 PM
ROFL

scho63
08-15-2014, 12:22 PM
Best Chiefs analysis I've seen done in 25 years!!!

:thumb:

ChiliConCarnage
08-15-2014, 12:22 PM
Both funny and depressingly accurate

TimBone
08-15-2014, 12:27 PM
Depressingly brilliant.

ping2000
08-15-2014, 12:27 PM
Both funny and depressingly accurate

Ding! Want to be mad at the guy, but facts be facts.

Mav
08-15-2014, 12:28 PM
I already knew why they sucked but thanks anyway.

of course you did.

After all, you give the best fellatio on the planet.

back on your knees cum guzzler.

MahiMike
08-15-2014, 12:29 PM
This thread is awesome. I never heard that song by those trannies.

And willie dogg was pretty funny.

Baby Lee
08-15-2014, 12:44 PM
And willie dogg was pretty funny.

ROFL - Billy Bob Teeth, the dudes who made those actually went to dental school first.

http://billybobproducts.com/?sl=EN

Nickel D
08-15-2014, 12:56 PM
Andy Reid in GIF = Kool-Aid Man

duncan_idaho
08-15-2014, 01:05 PM
Really well done. And very - as noted - depressingly accurate.

Dallas Chief
08-15-2014, 01:53 PM
Thanks! The Seahawks bit made me chuckle!

PunkinDrublic
08-15-2014, 01:56 PM
Always look forward to reading these, but cringe when it's the Chiefs turn to get roasted.

Why Not?
08-15-2014, 02:09 PM
So funny. Look forward to reading every team get roasted every year.

Marcellus
08-15-2014, 02:39 PM
This letter from the chargers fan is hilarious.

Justin Halpern: First, let me say that I'm still basking in the post Norv Turner glow. Getting rid of him was basically like getting a negative AIDS test. The problem with that is, you forget that it's probably not a great sign that you had to go get an AIDS test in the first place.
Our team is almost the exact same as it was last year. We made almost no upgrades. In fact, we signed Brandon Flowers, who the Chiefs released because he's size of one of Alex Smith's hands and almost every receiver in the AFC west is built like that dude from Game Of Thrones that smushed that one guy's head. And in order to GET Brandon Flowers, we released a corner who, admittedly wasn't great, but was young and 6'2". And guess who signed him? The Chiefs. Which means we were outsmarted by the Chiefs, which is a lot like losing a poker game to a dog dressed in human clothing. Our stadium is the worst in the league. It looks like it was built in Nicaragua in the 60s in hopes of getting the world cup. It's just cement with some grass in the middle.
We play the NFC West this year, so that's at least three losses and probably four. Meanwhile, once again our season is tied to Philip Rivers, meaning as a Charger fan you have to root for him to succeed even though in ANY other situation in life, if you met him, you'd wish for his failure and untimely demise because he is the biggest shit head on the planet. He recently had his seventh kid, presumably representing each of the wins we'll have this season.

MotherfuckerJones
08-15-2014, 02:57 PM
Listopencil,

43-8

Sincerely, MFerJones!

PS it was a fucking funny article though lol.

Pablo
08-15-2014, 02:59 PM
Accurate. And sad. And hilarious. And wholeheartedly Chuefs.

Dayze
08-15-2014, 03:04 PM
This is 100% correct. Sad when you actually read it lol

Marcellus
08-15-2014, 03:06 PM
I am sitting at my desk literally LOLing right now just watching this gif. This may be teh best thing ever. LMAO

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--koijgCld--/glkxwbcoc5kgw2mdmnpy.gif

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2014-indianapolis-colts-1617529298

Dayze
08-15-2014, 03:06 PM
Depressingly brilliant.
Lol. This . he deserves 5% off of red parking passes

Dave Lane
08-15-2014, 03:47 PM
All totally true.

Kiimo
08-15-2014, 04:52 PM
Everyone needs to read the comments. They're painfully accurate and hilarious.

New World Order
08-15-2014, 04:55 PM
Chiefs have no upgrades from last year.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-15-2014, 05:37 PM
I've jerked off 17 boars today ! I'm worn out!

Easy 6
08-15-2014, 05:38 PM
Fair enough on the second half play calls.

"Every time five minutes were ticked off the clock, 10 additional minutes were added to it".

:doh!:

Kool Aid got cocky, he'll learn from it.

Mr. Laz
08-15-2014, 05:41 PM
Fair enough on the second half play calls.

"Every time five minutes were ticked off the clock, 10 additional minutes were added to it".

:doh!:

Kool Aid got cocky, he'll learn from it.

He never learned from it in his 13 years in Philly.

Easy 6
08-15-2014, 05:41 PM
I am sitting at my desk literally LOLing right now just watching this gif. This may be teh best thing ever. LMAO

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--koijgCld--/glkxwbcoc5kgw2mdmnpy.gif

That slobbering, angry mfer attitude is exactly whats been missing here for so long and we've all known it for years... offense, defense... I dont CARE but give me some slobbery, barely understood yells from a leader on EITHER SIDE of the ball.

Someone, please... get personally upset about our plight.

Pepe Silvia
08-15-2014, 05:42 PM
He never learned from it in his 13 years in Philly.

Beat me to it.

Easy 6
08-15-2014, 05:55 PM
In all seriousness... when WAS the last time we watched a Chief get that goddamn slobbering caveman angry and animated on the sidelines about something?

Its been waaaaaaaaaaaaay too long IMO, some of these guys are just too happy to be here and getting some small time Escalades... I wanna see some ANGER and some HEART from SOMEONE once in a while.

Remember the pregame shot of Poe pumping up the huddle before the Indy game?

Yeah me too and it SUCKED, I wanted to get behind it but on my ancestors graves it felt empty, swear on my soul it sounded weak and unsure... WHO is going to be our permanently pissed off, extremely vocal, so mad about shit he's slobbering on the sidelines leader?

KChiefs1
08-15-2014, 06:06 PM
Depressing but kinda accurate.

ThaVirus
08-15-2014, 08:57 PM
In all seriousness... when WAS the last time we watched a Chief get that goddamn slobbering caveman angry and animated on the sidelines about something?

Its been waaaaaaaaaaaaay too long IMO, some of these guys are just too happy to be here and getting some small time Escalades... I wanna see some ANGER and some HEART from SOMEONE once in a while.

Remember the pregame shot of Poe pumping up the huddle before the Indy game?

Yeah me too and it SUCKED, I wanted to get behind it but on my ancestors graves it felt empty, swear on my soul it sounded weak and unsure... WHO is going to be our permanently pissed off, extremely vocal, so mad about shit he's slobbering on the sidelines leader?

I remember Flowers getting pretty pissed off after the Houston game in 2010. Andre Johnson clearly pushed him in the back but they called Flowers for DPI instead. Texans ended up scoring and winning the game..

Flowers was on the sidelines bitching at the ref like 10 minutes later.

Easy 6
08-15-2014, 09:30 PM
I remember Flowers getting pretty pissed off after the Houston game in 2010. Andre Johnson clearly pushed him in the back but they called Flowers for DPI instead. Texans ended up scoring and winning the game..

Flowers... bad scheme fit at this time, maybe the only real angry AND prideful attitude on this defense, he was a good Chief.

Baby Lee
08-15-2014, 09:37 PM
[QUOTE=Easy 6;10821445when WAS the last time we watched a Chief get that goddamn slobbering caveman angry and animated on the sidelines about something?[/QUOTE]

When was the last time [b]I]/b] was that goddamn slobbering caveman angry?

The Chiefs have become a predictable sitcom, poised for great success, with an Achilles heel you can see from orbit. Year after year, watch them get stabbed in the Achilles [ah-CHILL-esss, per WoF] and sigh resignedly.

TEX
08-16-2014, 04:00 AM

I was at that game. He had a right to bitch. Chiefs led the whole way and got burned by that call at the end. KC fell to 3-2 but ended up with a better record than Houston that year. Should have won that game...

Bowser
08-16-2014, 07:33 AM
These are always awesome. And deadly accurate, I'm afraid.

Bowser
08-16-2014, 07:47 AM
Oh shit, the comments are fucking hilarious (and spot on) LMAO

Bufkin
08-16-2014, 08:12 AM
Andy Reid not running the ball because it reminds of exercise killed me.

Dave Lane
08-16-2014, 08:25 AM
It's nice to see Marcellus aka Williedog got his video plugged in the story.

Dave Lane
08-16-2014, 08:25 AM
Andy Reid not running the ball because it reminds of exercise killed me.

Very good but I liked the Sam Bradford is dead better.

lcarus
08-16-2014, 08:34 AM
Another gem:

A dude getting drunk, high, and getting pumped before a game. Sounds like a good time.

Dave Lane
08-16-2014, 08:43 AM
Oh shit, the comments are ****ing hilarious (and spot on) LMAO

I'm gonna list a few favorites.

At no point in the playoff game against the Colts and their mongoloid ogre of a QB did I or anyone I know feel like the Chiefs would win. They were up 35 in the 3rd quarter and I texted my friend "We're going to blow this."

Last week I watched the Todd Blackledge segments of the Elway to Marino 30 for 30, just to emotionally prepare for this season.

I grew up in Nebraska where there's no pro team, so I could have picked any team to root for. I picked the Chiefs. They made the AFC Championship that year (yay!). It was the last year they won a playoff game. I was 7 at the time and am now 28 fucking years old. I sent a text to two other idiot Chiefs fans when the Colts cut the lead to 38-17 last year saying 'I guarantee we piss this away', they agreed, and the next roughly hour and a half summed up our 21 years of fandom nicely.

KC traded draft picks for Herm Edwards.

I remember watching that last playoff game against the Oilers with my step-brother when I was in seventh grade. Shit, a few years ago I spent a drunken night scouring the internet to buy some bootleg DVD of the game burned from a warped VHS tape. I've spent countless drunken nights watching this grainy fucking DVD too. It's like a divorced guy rewatching his wedding video over and over again to the point that he's lost touch with present day because he's stuck in a past that wasn't even all that great to begin with. I mean, the Beatles still hadn't released "Let it Be" the last time the Chiefs were even in the Super Bowl.

wazu
08-16-2014, 08:44 AM
Devastatingly accurate.

Marcellus
08-16-2014, 11:43 AM
It's nice to see Marcellus aka Williedog got his video plugged in the story.

Your crush on me is truly flattering. I swear I am blushing right now.

As soon as you finish reading Football for Dummies we should exchange numbers and have a conversation. Talk to you in about 6 months I am guessing.

SeeingRed
08-16-2014, 02:49 PM
What might not suck: This is an Andy Reid team, so they will always be competitive. The front seven is great. Charles is a beast. Like, they'll tie the game 20-20 and then elect to punt from the opposing 35 with 10 seconds left. They will always manage to underachieve in a telegenic manner.

Well as least that was positive :clap:

listopencil
08-16-2014, 05:15 PM

It's just "Luck".. and, yes, I'm ready.

[ approaches the sideline ]

Ladies and gentlemen of the Colts, I'm just a caveman. I fell on some ice and later got thawed out by some of your scientists. Your world frightens and confuses me! Sometimes the honking horns of your traffic make me want to get out of my BMW.. and run off into the hills, or wherever.. Sometimes when I get a message on my cell phone, I wonder: "Did little demons get inside and type it?" I don't know! My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts. But there is one thing I do know - when a man throws a football well enough he will score a touchdown. Thank you.

Marcellus
08-16-2014, 05:21 PM
It's just "Luck".. and, yes, I'm ready.

[ approaches the sideline ]

Ladies and gentlemen of the Colts, I'm just a caveman. I fell on some ice and later got thawed out by some of your scientists. Your world frightens and confuses me! Sometimes the honking horns of your traffic make me want to get out of my BMW.. and run off into the hills, or wherever.. Sometimes when I get a message on my cell phone, I wonder: "Did little demons get inside and type it?" I don't know! My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts. But there is one thing I do know - when a man throws a football well enough he will score a touchdown. Thank you.

LMAO I swear he looks like a caveman but you cant say that here because talking like that means you dont want a good QB. LMAO

He is such a fucking dufus. Its hilarious and I enjoy laughing about it.

Baby Lee
08-16-2014, 05:53 PM

I swear to god there is a scene in a movie or on a sketch show similar to that clip, someone like Harland Williams having a shit fit. Wish I could place it, it's driving me crazy.

Dayze
08-16-2014, 08:29 PM
yeah....because a human being could slam a 1/5th of JD and smoke 2 joints in a half hour.
JFC people.

Hammock Parties
08-16-2014, 08:33 PM

Branden Albert did it. I don't remember when, but he did it.

And he's gone.

Fuck the Chiefs.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-18-2014, 07:56 AM
You'd better hope this is the "DeBerg"-era of this regime, or we're in for one very shitty long ride.

Kaepernick
08-18-2014, 08:10 AM

The intensity of a Champion. Every team would be lucky to have a QB with such intensity. The man despises losing and it shows.