PDA

View Full Version : Electronics What the heck is "shipping mode"

bevischief
08-16-2014, 08:20 AM
I just had a brand new dodge truck dropped off last night (work truck). The dash keeps displaying "shipping mode" and half of the options don't work. Called tech support and they referred me to the local dealer. Just dropped it off. WTF?

Dunerdr
08-16-2014, 08:24 AM
It's a deterrent. So if it's stolen off the trailer thieves can't do much. A dealer just has to check it in and your good. About a 30 min walk around inspection.

Canofbier
http://home.comcast.net/~rrkillian/PrimeColorNoBackground.gif

Bugeater
Shipping mode is the mode they put it in when they ship it.

Dunerdr
If I remember correctly it's actually just a fuse you push in place or switch.

58-4ever
08-16-2014, 08:35 AM
code for self destruct mode. Be careful. Antifreeze too

hometeam
08-16-2014, 08:48 AM
If I remember correctly it's actually just a fuse you push in place or switch.

This.

It keeps the truck battery from dying during shipping, among other things. Depending on the vehicle, it can keep your blinkers and speedo from working, though every vehicle is a bit different on what it does.

If you open the fuse box there is probably large fuse that needs to be pushed in, usually it will be easy to spot and will be popped out just a bit compared to the rest of the fuses.

Dealer is supposed to do that during PDI, which means they likely did not inspect the truck prior to delivery.

Also, why do CP people keep buying cars from someone who is not me. Yall crazy~ Did you buy the truck from Corwin? We are crushing them down here, and I would gladly ship. Just sayin!

SAUTO
08-16-2014, 08:50 AM
This.

It keeps the truck battery from dying during shipping, among other things. Depending on the vehicle, it can keep your blinkers and speedo from working, though every vehicle is a bit different on what it does.

If you open the fuse box there is probably large fuse that needs to be pushed in, usually it will be easy to spot and will be popped out just a bit compared to the rest of the fuses.

Dealer is supposed to do that during PDI, which means they likely did not inspect the truck prior to delivery.

Also, why do CP people keep buying cars from someone who is not me. Yall crazy~

LMAO buy your cars from this man fellas.
Posted via Mobile Device

hometeam
08-16-2014, 08:51 AM
LMAO buy your cars from this man fellas.
Posted via Mobile Device

:hail:

BucEyedPea
08-16-2014, 08:51 AM
I just had a brand new dodge truck dropped off last night (work truck). The dash keeps displaying "shipping mode" and half of the options don't work. Called tech support and they referred me to the local dealer. Just dropped it off. WTF?

It's a label. Labels are forbidden by some here.

Dunerdr
08-16-2014, 08:53 AM
This.

Also, why do CP people keep buying cars from someone who is not me. Yall crazy~ Did you buy the truck from Corwin? We are crushing them down here, and I would gladly ship. Just sayin!
When I was teching for the local stealer ship we would get fastenal fleet vehicles that were delivered directly and never saw pdi. We had one guy who wanted to return his defective vehicle saying mopar was shit!

SAUTO
08-16-2014, 08:54 AM
:hail:

And I want you to know I checked the sites of your whole dealer group prior to my last purchase. Was actually going to hit you up on a Monday and my buddy who is also a dealer showed up with my ride Saturday morning.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
08-16-2014, 08:55 AM
Trying to think of some clever way to throw "To the ship" in here, but there just isn't any way that comes to mind.

Bowser
08-16-2014, 09:00 AM
Shipping mode is the mode they put it in when they ship it.

http://ahdm4u.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/wee-bey.gif%3Fw%3D700

Pasta Little Brioni
08-16-2014, 09:31 AM
Midgets are shipped inside

hometeam
08-16-2014, 09:49 AM
And I want you to know I checked the sites of your whole dealer group prior to my last purchase. Was actually going to hit you up on a Monday and my buddy who is also a dealer showed up with my ride Saturday morning.
Posted via Mobile Device

Damn that guy.

jjjayb
08-16-2014, 09:56 AM
Not sure about a Dodge. But Ford's don't use a fuse for shipping mode. You use a sequence of brake pedal pushes and hazard light pushes to disable shipping mode.

ChiefsCountry
08-16-2014, 09:58 AM
This.

I buy before I get to Jeff City. :D

Besides the only brand you guys don't have a franchise for is my preferred manufacturer.

Perineum Ripper
08-16-2014, 09:58 AM
Damn that guy.

What is your website..I'm looking at getting a new truck

hometeam
08-16-2014, 09:59 AM
I buy before I get to Jeff City. :D

Besides the only brand you guys don't have a franchise for is my preferred manufacturer.

I deliver. :)

ChiefsCountry
08-16-2014, 10:02 AM
I deliver. :)

I'll hit you up when I want a Benz. I'm sure the Columbia boys won't mind you selling one for them.

Otter
08-16-2014, 10:03 AM
Let's try our good friend Google with the terms "shipping mode" & "dodge"

http://www.chargerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=120772

Ship Mode disables the FOB and door locks. You can't lock the car and anyone with or without the FOB key can start the car. I guess shipping companies are famous for locking keys in cars while in transit.There are three methods of shifting the vehicle from ship mode to customer mode.

1. Simultaneously press the "Front Defrost" and "List Enter" buttons and hold fro 5 seconds.

2. A service tool may be used to change the vehicle into customer mode. This may be achieved by connnedcting the scan too and navigating to BCM/Misc. Functions and then disabling the shipping Mode.

3. This method is incorporated as a fail safe mechanism and should not be relied upon as a part of the vehicle prep or delivery process. The vehicle will transition from shipping into customer mode when 110 miles have accumulated on the vehicles odometer. Note: Once the vehicle odometer has accumulated 110 miles the vehicle can not be put back into shipping mode.

Number one should take care of it for you.
DonL

Because knowing is half the battle!!!!

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-woyDUyrkFgwT7AOJ8kLUzPuZBkiWGutg4alWITzfTwPggLax

Mr. Flopnuts
08-16-2014, 10:51 AM
This.

Car sales is tougher than ever. I won't be anywhere near a home run. In fact I'll be a PITA. But the next time I'm in the market I'll make the 4 hour drive and give you first crack at my business.

Rain Man
08-16-2014, 01:06 PM
Have you tried turning the truck off and then back on again?

Mr. Laz
08-16-2014, 01:18 PM
Ctrl+Alt+Del

TimeForWasp
08-16-2014, 01:22 PM
Loose muffler belt.

rtmike
08-16-2014, 01:32 PM
I was gonna say disconnect the battery. If that don't work, BFH. :D

hometeam
08-16-2014, 01:34 PM
Car sales is tougher than ever. I won't be anywhere near a home run. In fact I'll be a PITA. But the next time I'm in the market I'll make the 4 hour drive and give you first crack at my business.

PITA customers tend to be your best business.

SAUTO
08-16-2014, 01:50 PM
PITA customers tend to be your best business. that's for sure
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave
08-16-2014, 01:57 PM
Why didn't the fucking dealership fix it before delivery?

Incompetent turds.

hometeam
08-16-2014, 02:13 PM
Why didn't the ****ing dealership fix it before delivery?

Incompetent turds.

They didn't PDI it, or even more likely, the technician said he PDI the vehicle, but didn't, and still got paid~

LoneWolf
08-16-2014, 03:08 PM

Wife is currently shopping for a new vehicle. She really likes the Ford Explorers. If she decides that is what she wants, I'll contact you so you can give me the famous CP discount. You would have to ship it to Wichita.

hometeam
08-16-2014, 03:36 PM
Wife is currently shopping for a new vehicle. She really likes the Ford Explorers. If she decides that is what she wants, I'll contact you so you can give me the famous CP discount. You would have to ship it to Wichita.

No problem.

Mav
08-16-2014, 03:40 PM
You have to change the headlight fluid.

Big Poppa Payne
08-16-2014, 03:48 PM
Try up up down down left right left right b a start.

Mav
08-16-2014, 03:54 PM
Try up up down down left right left right b a start.
You forgot select!

Big Poppa Payne
08-16-2014, 03:57 PM
You forgot select!

Haha. It works both ways. I think select is only if there is 2 players