PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Alex Smith playing Benny Hill

Chiefnj2
08-25-2014, 06:50 AM
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/08/24/chiefs-offensive-line-in-focus/

Click above to see Alex Smith doing a great Benny Hill impersonation in the video clips.

Fish
08-25-2014, 07:09 AM
Fulton looks god awful in each gif..........

The Franchise
08-25-2014, 07:53 AM
Fulton only looks decent when he's getting help.

Hammock Parties
08-25-2014, 08:12 AM
God in heaven.

https://pff-pffanalysisltd12.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/KC-OL.png

Zach Fulton has amassed a -9.1 in just over four quarters of play. THAT'S REALLY HARD TO SUCK THAT BAD. Guys go an entire season and don't amass that amount of suck.

ALSO ROFLCOPTER RYAN HARRIS IS OUR SAVIOR

cmh6476
08-25-2014, 08:15 AM
so what QB do we want in next year's draft?

In58men
08-25-2014, 08:15 AM

Bryce Petty

Eleazar
08-25-2014, 08:18 AM

Unfortunately, it looks like we have 5 holes on the offensive line.

OldSchool
08-25-2014, 08:22 AM
Here's to OL again in 2015 in the 1st! ROFL

Hell, they might end up drafting 3 offensive linemen.

Radar Chief
08-25-2014, 08:26 AM
That does look like it needs the Yakety Sax sound track.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tNBL5OMeuno" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KCUnited
08-25-2014, 08:35 AM
Looking forward to an entire season of Oline vs Alex Smith circular debates overlapped by QB vs Oline in the 1st circular debates that will fire up around early October on into April 2015. Sprinkled in with talk of how we can short change Houston.

Because we are the Chiefs.

Hammock Parties
08-25-2014, 08:38 AM
Looking forward to an entire season of Oline vs Alex Smith circular debates

I will fight this with GIFs of perfect protection and Alex fucking up.

Fish
08-25-2014, 08:39 AM
Fulton only looks decent when he's getting help.

And by "Getting help", you mean when he leaves his man unblocked and double teams the center's guy?

LMAO

https://pff-pffanalysisltd12.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Vikings-Pass-Rush-vs-Chiefs-3.gif

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-25-2014, 08:40 AM
IN.

Eleazar
08-25-2014, 08:57 AM
Looking forward to an entire season of Oline vs Alex Smith circular debates...

I don't think you could watch any of those highlights and blame Smith for much or anything. There are free rushers on every down.

Hammock Parties
08-25-2014, 09:00 AM
I don't think you could watch any of those highlights and blame Smith for much or anything. There are free rushers on every down.

Like this one?

http://i.imgur.com/j2kB3pK.gif

Or this one?

http://i.imgur.com/AtLZ5jS.gif

Or this one?

http://i.imgur.com/z8Cm27V.gif

Or this one?

http://i.imgur.com/oHo4xBI.gif

Alex had clean pockets more than he had pressure.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-25-2014, 09:01 AM
"We're gonna' build a team around Alex S(whistle through teeth)mith and get him the protection he needs(whistle through teeth)"

"Then we're gonna' win at leas(whistle through teeth)t one play off game".

-John Dorsey from his book, "High Expectations"

OldSchool
08-25-2014, 09:09 AM
Like this one?

http://i.imgur.com/j2kB3pK.gif

Or this one?

http://i.imgur.com/AtLZ5jS.gif

Or this one?

http://i.imgur.com/z8Cm27V.gif

Or this one?

http://i.imgur.com/oHo4xBI.gif

Alex had quick pressure on 40% of his snaps. That's way too high for any NFL QB to play well and get into any rhythm.

Aaron Rodgers has off-days as well. So does Tom Brady. So does Drew Brees. So does every good QB in the league. Do you know what those "off-days" correlate with? Can you make a guess?

Pass rush pressure. Any QB who gets hit as often as Smith has been and pressured on 40% of his snaps, would be thrown off and make bad decisions/throws because of it. That's why football is still a team game and not an individual sport. That's why franchise LTs are so highly sought and even good OGs are payed very highly these days.

A QB who is getting hit a lot on his drop backs will start to anticipate it and become less effective. Need proof? Go back and watch Tom Brady vs the Giants in the Superbowl.

splatbass
08-25-2014, 09:14 AM
You know it is almost football season when there is a huge increase in attention whoring and idiocy from Clayton.

RealSNR
08-25-2014, 09:14 AM
Here's to OL again in 2015 in the 1st! ROFL

Hell, they might end up drafting 3 offensive linemen.

I can't wait for the Chiefs to draft players as talented as Eric Fisher, Jeff Allen, and Rodney Hudson :rolleyes:

OldSchool
08-25-2014, 09:20 AM
I can't wait for the Chiefs to draft players as talented as Eric Fisher, Jeff Allen, and Rodney Hudson :rolleyes:

Dorsey needs to find a better balance between "potential" and actual play/production on the field.

Rausch
08-25-2014, 09:25 AM
That is fucking pathetic.

How does anyone think this offense can have success with a line like that?...

RealSNR
08-25-2014, 09:27 AM
Dorsey needs to find a better balance between "potential" and actual play/production on the field.

In the meantime, next year will be full of rookies and rookie mistakes. Maybe they won't be as bad as Zach Fulton, but people like you will still be bitching up a storm about how the OL sucks.

Unless we go out and sign some decent free agents, the Alexcuses are going to continue until Fisher and Fulton manage to hold their own dicks when they pee.

It almost makes me want to see the team trade for Alex Boone just so these bullshit excuses will fucking stop.

Sandy Vagina
08-25-2014, 09:37 AM
It almost makes me want to see the team trade for Alex Boone just so these bullshit excuses will ****ing stop.

As suggested, how is this not simple cause and effect VS making excuses?

On this play:

https://pff-pffanalysisltd12.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Vikings-Pass-Rush-vs-Chiefs-3.gif

How is Fulton and Davis completely failing to block the free rusher an excuse for the QB? WTF is the QB supposed to do there?

"the QB can't close out a playoff game." How does one say this, knowing full well his 12 mil per yr WR didn't stab his 2nd foot in bounds like he should have? and that "it's an excuse" for said QB?

The answer: because you don't like said QB.

If this were a QB you did like? you would be using these very same "excuses" for him. Talk about intellectual dishonesty.

RealSNR
08-25-2014, 09:39 AM

On this play:

How is Fulton and Davis completely failing to block the free rusher an excuse for the QB? WTF is the QB supposed to do there?

"the QB can't close out a playoff game." How does one say this, knowing full well his 12 mil per yr WR didn't stab his 2nd foot in bounds like he should have? and that "it's an excuse" for said QB?

If this were a QB you did like? you would be using these very same "excuses" for him. Talk about intellectual dishonesty.

We'd have a real fucking problem if that kind of shit happened 100% of the time.

We'd have a real fucking problem if that kind of shit happened 50% of the time.

We'd have a real fucking problem if that kind of shit happened even 20% of the time.

It doesn't. It's one horrific god awful play. And while it demonstrates the enormous pile of suck that is Zach Fulton, it doesn't mean we should trade and pay out the ass for a goddamn guard.

Fish
08-25-2014, 09:44 AM
Starting offense: 0 TDs in 3 preseason games.

Sandy Vagina
08-25-2014, 09:48 AM
We'd have a real ****ing problem if that kind of shit happened 100% of the time.

We'd have a real ****ing problem if that kind of shit happened 50% of the time.

We'd have a real ****ing problem if that kind of shit happened even 20% of the time.

It doesn't. It's one horrific god awful play. And while it demonstrates the enormous pile of suck that is Zach Fulton, it doesn't mean we should trade and pay out the ass for a goddamn guard.

I get what you're saying... but I was using those small examples to question the difference between "excuses" and "cause and effect."

OldSchool
08-25-2014, 09:51 AM

On this play:

Allen may have been the one that screwed up on that play. See how Davis moved out to block the DB but Allen picked the blitzer up instead of staying on the DE while Fulton stayed inside on the DT. Screw up in blocking assignments due to unfamiliarity.

RealSNR
08-25-2014, 09:52 AM
I get what you're saying... but I was using those small examples to question the difference between "excuses" and "cause and effect."

Any Chiefs fan who witnessed the Vermeil years would be a fool to argue an offensive line doesn't affect a QB's success.

Thankfully nobody here is arguing that.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-25-2014, 09:55 AM
Any Chiefs fan who witnessed the Vermeil years would be a fool to argue an offensive line doesn't affect a QB's success.

Thankfully nobody here is arguing that.

Exactly. The debate is; do you try to build an All-Pro brick wall for Mr. Mediocre, or do you pursue elite talent at the most important position on the field, and assemble a serviceable line that he can operate with?

If you get some Pro Bowl linemen along the way; bonus.

Sandy Vagina
08-25-2014, 10:00 AM
Allen may have been the one that screwed up on that play. See how Davis moved out to block the DB but Allen picked the blitzer up instead of staying on the DE while Fulton stayed inside on the DT. Screw up in blocking assignments due to unfamiliarity.

wow.. yeah. You are right. It's funny how one (me:derp) can see one thing and then now see it as another. Point stands, but yes.. that's quite a distinction. :thumb:

Sandy Vagina
08-25-2014, 10:02 AM
Exactly. The debate is; do you try to build an All-Pro brick wall for Mr. Mediocre, or do you pursue elite talent at the most important position on the field, and assemble a serviceable line that he can operate with?

Ok, duly noted. But I disagree that "Mr. Mediocre" needs an All-Pro brick wall. To me, that's you going to extremes to make a point about a QB you don't like.

He does, however, need a line that isn't a complete dumpster-fire. How many other starting QBs actually can function well with a bottom 5 line?

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-25-2014, 10:05 AM
Ok, duly noted. But I disagree that "Mr. Mediocre" needs an All-Pro brick wall. To me, that's you going to extremes to make a point about a QB you don't like.

He does, however, need a line that isn't a complete dumpster-fire. How many other starting QBs actually can function well with a bottom 5 line?

7-9, feelin' fine/infinity?

OldSchool
08-25-2014, 10:08 AM

Who said he needed an All-Pro brick wall? All he needs is a competent OL that can provide him with even just average protection. Right now it's not a stretch to say that KC has the absolute worst offensive line in the league.

They can't run block, they struggle setting up screen plays, and they can't pass protect.

When was the last time that you saw a successful QB behind a line that allows pressure on 40% of drop backs? The answer is never.

Mr. Laz
08-25-2014, 10:14 AM
You know it is almost football season when there is a huge increase in attention whoring and idiocy from Clayton.

so much this.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-25-2014, 10:15 AM
Who said he needed an All-Pro brick wall? All he needs is a competent OL that can provide him with even just average protection. Right now it's not a stretch to say that KC has the absolute worst offensive line in the league.

They can't run block, they struggle setting up screen plays, and they can't pass protect.

When was the last time that you saw a successful QB behind a line that allows pressure on 40% of drop backs? The answer is never.

Couldn't say. But, I can tell you when the next/soonest time will occur when I will be laughing my ass off at the hilarity of it all...

FringeNC
08-25-2014, 10:20 AM
Line was brutal at the beginning of the season last year too. Can only hope this line improves in a similar fashion.

NinerDoug
08-25-2014, 10:20 AM
Meh, preseason.

Mav
08-25-2014, 10:22 AM
Line was brutal at the beginning of the season last year too. Can only hope this line improves in a similar fashion.

they really cant play any worse.

OldSchool
08-25-2014, 10:24 AM
Hell, I think I'd take Incognito right now. Maybe everyone on the OL will stop being bitches with him around, lol.

Chiefnj2
08-25-2014, 10:27 AM
Smith is going to be worth next to nothing at the end of this season. 4-5 wins, career high number of sacks, maybe 20% of his passes to WRs. Take whatever KC is offering right now. I'm pretty sure Bowe, Berry and Charles are all passing the pipe around their parked car in Arrowhead hoping a police officer stops them so they can take the year off. No point sacrificing your body for this mess.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-25-2014, 10:28 AM
Smith is going to be worth next to nothing at the end of this season. 4-5 wins, career high number of sacks, maybe 20% of his passes to WRs. Take whatever KC is offering right now. I'm pretty sure Bowe, Berry and Charles are all passing the pipe around their parked car in Arrowhead hoping a police officer stops them so they can take the year off. No point sacrificing your body for this mess.

LMAO

Ebolapox
08-25-2014, 10:31 AM

so we have a GM who can't build a proper offensive line (EVEN WITH the first overall pick and two apparently quality LT prospects) COMBINED with a 'what do we really have with this guy' retread hand-picked QB

yay. I really have a ton of confidence in these guys. guess it's time to check out again on this team. my choice to root for these dumb fuckers.

rtmike
08-25-2014, 10:35 AM
The right side collapses every time :doh!:.

The Husker kid Henry looks decent.

beach tribe
08-25-2014, 10:35 AM
And by "Getting help", you mean when he leaves his man unblocked and double teams the center's guy?

LMAO

I hate to tell you guys this, but #99 is the RT's man to block.
Not Fulton's.

Davis or Sherman or both had Blitz pick-up (#34) but the RT shot out and picked up the blitz instead, and probably got a positive grade from PFF because they, like you guys, don't know what you are looking at. No offense.
I'm not trying to defend Fulton either. He has been HORRIBLE.

OldSchool
08-25-2014, 10:37 AM
Not Fulton's.

Davis or Sherman had Blitz pick-up (#34) but the RT shot out and picked up the blitz instead, and probably got a positive grade from PFF because they, like you guys, don't know what you are looking at. No offense.

Yeah, it looked like a blown assignment from Allen to me just judging from what Davis did in protection. Immediately kicked out to block the DB only to have Allen's ass in his face.

Fish
08-25-2014, 10:55 AM
Not Fulton's.

Davis or Sherman or both had Blitz pick-up (#34) but the RT shot out and picked up the blitz instead, and probably got a positive grade from PFF because they, like you guys, don't know what you are looking at. No offense.

You might be right. That looked to be a screen pass to the right. Fulton looked locked on to the NT along with the center, and when the LB came to the line to blitz, the LT engaged him outside the DE and completely ignored the blitzing LB. The defense just overloaded the right side.

But.... why would we double the left DE and double the NT, if we're running a screen to the right? Fisher doubling the left DE was completely unnecessary.

ChiTown
08-25-2014, 10:57 AM
Zach Fulton = Hot Mess.

ChiefsCountry
08-25-2014, 10:59 AM
I thought the title was about Benny Hinn instead. Which would make sense with the cult following Alex Smith.

Pablo
08-25-2014, 11:07 AM
so we have a GM who can't build a proper offensive line (EVEN WITH the first overall pick and two apparently quality LT prospects) COMBINED with a 'what do we really have with this guy' retread hand-picked QB

yay. I really have a ton of confidence in these guys. guess it's time to check out again on this team. my choice to root for these dumb fuckers.It's best to have blind faith in your GM. After all, they're getting paid to do this, you're just some guy online!!

RealSNR
08-25-2014, 11:11 AM
It's best to have blind faith in your GM. After all, they're getting paid to do this, you're just some guy online!!

If you have a criticism against what the Chiefs do, you work at McDonald's and live in your mom's basement /CP

beach tribe
08-25-2014, 11:30 AM
You might be right. That looked to be a screen pass to the right. Fulton looked locked on to the NT along with the center, and when the LB came to the line to blitz, the LT engaged him outside the DE and completely ignored the blitzing LB. The defense just overloaded the right side.

But.... why would we double the left DE and double the NT, if we're running a screen to the right? Fisher doubling the left DE was completely unnecessary.

Because it's not a screen.

Look at it again.

The TE was helping Fisher against the RIGHT DE.
LG was straight up against a DT,
Fulton and the C on the other DT,
and the RT was supposed to have the LDE,
with Davis picking up the blitz
and Sherman running a check down route.

I don't know what LB you are talking about.

There was a S blitz, and the RT chased it instead of blocking LDE.
Blowing the entire blocking scheme.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-25-2014, 11:44 AM
I've never seen a guard play worse than Fulton has. He looks like a fucking clown.

beach tribe
08-25-2014, 11:47 AM
I've never seen a guard play worse than Fulton has. He looks like a ****ing clown.

Ridiculously horrible.

Chiefnj2
08-25-2014, 11:47 AM
Why isn't 65 ahead of Allen or Fulton? I've only seen the clips, but he looks better than those guys.

loochy
08-25-2014, 11:49 AM
Like this one?

multiple GIFs

Does this mean we'll get GIFd up this year?

Gonzo
08-25-2014, 12:16 PM
He's a dead man by week four. This line is the second worst I've ever seen.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-25-2014, 12:24 PM
He's a dead man by week four. This line is the second worst I've ever seen.

Dude, if Bray survives the cut, we could be looking a hot, gunslinger action by week 6!

Hammock Parties
08-25-2014, 12:35 PM
Does this mean we'll get GIFd up this year?

You got GIF'd up last year. It was just spread around in a couple threads.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-25-2014, 12:38 PM
You got GIF'd up last year. It was just spread around in a couple threads.

A full thread with daily devotionals of suckage is required. This is a special year.

John Dope
08-25-2014, 12:40 PM
Was that the first time Allen played tackle in the NFL in a real game? I have read about him doing it in practice but has he ever done it in a preseason game or real game?

Hammock Parties
08-25-2014, 12:41 PM
This is a special year.

Really? How many special years are we going to have? :banghead:

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-25-2014, 12:42 PM

LMAO

I'm guessing quite a few.

Sandy Vagina
08-25-2014, 12:45 PM

Why bang your head? You said just yesterday you love this chaotic shit and embrace the suck.

Dude... at least be consistent with your disingenuous schtick.

Saccopoo
08-25-2014, 12:47 PM
Hey, CE, what's Gabe Jackson's PFF reading so far this preseason?

Hammock Parties
Why bang your head? You said just yesterday you love this chaotic shit and embrace the suck.

Dude... at least be consistent with your disingenuous schtick.

I do. Doesn't mean I have to create more work for myself.

Hammock Parties
Hey, CE, what's Gabe Richardson's PFF reading so far this preseason?

I don't know. I canceled my subscription. We know the Chiefs suck. No one needs convincing with PFF garbage this year.

Saccopoo
08-25-2014, 12:48 PM
I don't know. I canceled my subscription. We know the Chiefs suck. No one needs convincing with PFF garbage this year.

True that.

loochy
08-25-2014, 12:50 PM

however long alex smith is here

Kaepernick
08-25-2014, 12:51 PM
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/08/24/chiefs-offensive-line-in-focus/

Click above to see Alex Smith doing a great Benny Hill impersonation in the video clips.

Bad title. Should be "Chiefs Offensive Line playing Keystone Cops".

Sandy Vagina
08-25-2014, 12:51 PM
Hey, CE, what's Gabe Jackson's PFF reading so far this preseason?

4th best rated G so far. You probably knew that, but just saying. ;)

Kaepernick
08-25-2014, 12:53 PM
Looking forward to an entire season of Oline vs Alex Smith circular debates overlapped by QB vs Oline in the 1st circular debates that will fire up around early October on into April 2015. Sprinkled in with talk of how we can short change Houston.

Because we are the Chiefs.

Thanks. I no longer need to read the forum for the rest of the year. I will just come back here and read your post over and over. :thumb:

Pablo
08-25-2014, 12:54 PM
I've never seen a ______ play worse than ________ has. He looks like a fucking clown.Your handy dandy 2014 Chiefs season fill in the blank game!

Saccopoo
08-25-2014, 12:54 PM
4th best rated G so far. You probably knew that, but just saying. ;)

I kinda did know that...

KCUnited
08-25-2014, 12:57 PM
Thanks. I no longer need to read the forum for the rest of the year. I will just come back here and read your post over and over. :thumb:

Be sure to stop back by for the pre-combine "Best Guard Prospect In A Decade" drinking game. Or the o/u 1st round olineman mocked to the Chiefs betting challenge.

Kaepernick
08-25-2014, 01:15 PM
Be sure to stop back by for the pre-combine "Best Guard Prospect In A Decade" drinking game. Or the o/u 1st round olineman mocked to the Chiefs betting challenge.

Can't wait. Looking forward to it! :)