PDA

View Full Version : Football Whats your favorite type of football? NFL, NCAA, High School, CFL, AFL

Deberg_1990
08-25-2014, 07:04 PM
or other?

Simple question......What type/level of football do you enjoy the most?

TimBone
08-25-2014, 07:05 PM
I'd rather do the Ice Bucket Challenge than read another Deberg thread.

lewdog
08-25-2014, 07:06 PM
I'd rather watch the CFL all season than read another DeBerg thread.

Easy 6
08-25-2014, 07:11 PM
My heart says high school... all of my memories, watching junior make his memories.

My head says NFL, became a Chiefs fan at ten but had been watching football religiously for 3 years before that... oh man Kip, guarantee I coulda thrown it right over them mountains.

Buzz
08-25-2014, 07:19 PM
peewee.

13and3
08-25-2014, 07:32 PM
Nfl. I don't understand the draw of college, so many players, so many teams, so much player turn over how or why to keep track of it all. These are young boys, I'ma grown man with real problems. I don't Iidolize them.

Strongside
08-25-2014, 07:43 PM
NFL > High School > College > Local pop warner > Lingerie League > A homeless man holding a football > CFL

would be my preference

Deberg_1990
08-25-2014, 07:49 PM
Nfl. I don't understand the draw of college, so many players, so many teams, so much player turn over how or why to keep track of it all. These are young boys, I'ma grown man with real problems. I don't Iidolize them.

I prefer the NFL, but the college game has grown on me over the years.

Although, I mostly like the big college games. Cant stand the blowouts like Alabama vs Diddy Do Tech. 66-7.

Pointless

Strongside
08-25-2014, 08:06 PM
I'm a KU fan, so for reasons that don't need explaining, I don't really get into college football. I did, however, graduate from Pitt State for my undergrad, so D2 is pretty fun.

srvy
08-25-2014, 08:32 PM
Tackle

rico
08-25-2014, 08:34 PM
NFL.... NCAA = 2nd. Then HS. I'd like to see what Arena football is all about.

RealSNR
08-25-2014, 08:37 PM
The XFL was so fucking dope :(

Bufkin
08-25-2014, 08:38 PM
I'd rather let Pete Stoyanovich kick me right in the schlong than read another DeBerg thread.

In all seriousness, NFL, followed by that lingerie stuff they have on FX occasionally. It's free fapping material when the internet isn't working.

WhawhaWhat
08-25-2014, 08:40 PM
NCAA

rico
08-25-2014, 08:42 PM
Was the USFL pretty cool for a while there?

Deberg_1990
08-25-2014, 08:43 PM
Was the USFL pretty cool for a while there?

Probably the only true threat the NFL has ever had. They signed several big stars from college at the time.

The 30 for 30 on it was great.

lewdog
08-25-2014, 08:44 PM
The XFL was so ****ing dope :(

HE HATE ME!

BigCatDaddy
08-25-2014, 08:44 PM
peewee.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JoHaGEiPLB8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

wazu
08-25-2014, 08:59 PM
I'd rather use Pinterest than read another Deberg thread.

Mav
08-26-2014, 02:32 AM
Nfl. I can only watch the tar heels for college. But I can watch any nfl game and enjoy it.

OldSchool
08-26-2014, 02:36 AM
NFL. My college team (CAL Bears) can never get a good enough recruiting class in to compete against the top dogs in the Pac 12, so I really don't bother watching them get blown out on Saturdays anymore. Way too big of a talent gap, the Bears look like a D3 school compared to teams like the Ducks or Bruins.

Home games were fun to go to though.

Mojo Jojo
08-26-2014, 04:47 AM
NCAA. However I did attend an USFL Championship game back in the day. Carl's Baltimore Stars defeated Anthony Carter and the Oakland Invaders.

rico
08-26-2014, 05:20 AM
Probably the only true threat the NFL has ever had. They signed several big stars from college at the time.

The 30 for 30 on it was great.

I liked it too. Freaking Trump at the end telling the dude they would have always been small potatoes... I thought it was neat, seeing how important that league was to some of the dudes who played in it.

Mojo Jojo
08-26-2014, 05:23 AM

Except for the AFL in the 60's...there was that whole merger thing.

Kman34
08-26-2014, 06:06 AM
Backyard Football.....

http://gifshost.com/062010/1275645000_girl-gets-tackled.gif

Deberg_1990
08-26-2014, 06:06 AM
Except for the AFL in the 60's...there was that whole merger thing.

Heh, yea that too. I guess i meant since after the merger and into the modern age.

BigMeatballDave
08-26-2014, 06:28 AM
NFL, but college a very close 2nd.

WhawhaWhat
08-26-2014, 07:21 AM
NFL. My college team (CAL Bears) can never get a good enough recruiting class in to compete against the top dogs in the Pac 12, so I really don't bother watching them get blown out on Saturdays anymore. Way too big of a talent gap, the Bears look like a D3 school compared to teams like the Ducks or Bruins.

Home games were fun to go to though.

Should've kept Jeff Tedford but they Mangino'd him.

Simply Red
08-26-2014, 07:32 AM
NFL, but college a very close 2nd.

Who's your NCAA team Dave?

ChiTown
08-26-2014, 07:37 AM
College Football is #1 - IMO, nothing beats college Football and Basketball......but I love my Chiefs

Simply Red
08-26-2014, 07:38 AM
Who's ya'lls college teams?

WhawhaWhat
08-26-2014, 07:40 AM

MIZ

Bearcat
08-26-2014, 07:43 AM
It was the NFL until about the Herm years and college football has slowly taken over.

NFL conference championships and Superbowl > CFB > NFL regular season

Any given Saturday, there are at least a few CFB games that interest me and it's nice to get 10 or 20 games in a day and be able to flip around for a few hours or for an afternoon.

There might be one or maybe two games of interest on any given Sunday/Monday in the NFL and if it's not SNF/MNF, I'm lucky to get it. And with only a game or two on at a time with 50% commercials, it just doesn't hold my interest like it used to (RedZone helps). I haven't watched any of the preseason games, but if they ruin the game even more with the new defensive contact rules like they're trying to do with CBB, it'll keep sliding further down the list.

Reerun_KC
08-26-2014, 07:44 AM
I have to say my viewing goes as this....

1) High school
2) College
3) NFL

My son is a SR in HS. He is a 4 year varsity player and letterman...

Freshman - mop up and special teams
Sophomore - Special Teams and Nickel DB (lots of garbage time)
Junior - Starting Right CB, Starting R/L Slot WR, Special Teams
Senior - Starting Right CB, Starting R/L Slot WR, Special Teams

I spend a lot of time on Hudl with him watching upcoming film on opponents and previous games. We highlight everything that is cool that his has done. From Picks to catches, etc....

I love Kansas football, suck or not, I am watching the games in hopes we upset someone. Plus college football over all is awesome! So many games and teams. There is always a game on somewhere. FCS playoffs are hard to beat... Better than FBS and no true national champion for so many years... Looking forward to the FBS playoff and expansion on that as the years move forward.

NFL or should we call it the MFL (manning football league?) I used to play fantasy football, have NFL network, NFLST with Redzone, etc... Had multiple TVs up in the party shack with games on all Sunday. Then the Chiefs went full Herm Edwards and that just about did me in... I used to know every teams moves, players, stats, etc.. Now I am just a casual fan that laughs at and mocks Chiefs failures. The Clarks have killed the passion I used to have for the NFL... You can only kick someone in the nuts so many times until they just move on...

Now Sundays are family time and golf with my son...

Reerun_KC
08-26-2014, 07:45 AM
College Football is #1 - IMO, nothing beats college Football and Basketball......but I love my Chiefs

Agreed, as soon as my boy is season is over....

Sandy Vagina
08-26-2014, 07:51 AM
NFL.. then NCAA (mainly the SEC). Other than that and the NBA playoffs, I don't really watch any other sports.

I can see loathing the NFL someday though... the rules/flags favoring the offense.. the manufactured, transparently agenda-driven hype of the young QBs, and the refs making sure they "emerge"...

This could get beyond worthwhile soon enough.

Simply Red
08-26-2014, 07:52 AM
MIZ

Yeah same here - Esp. now that they are down here playing more.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-26-2014, 08:29 AM
Even though they are trying to ruin it, the nfl is still king of sports

Pasta Little Brioni
08-26-2014, 08:30 AM
So, the Chiefs are too much, but reeroy can't get enough beaker football ROFL

Reerun_KC
08-26-2014, 08:35 AM
So, the Chiefs are too much, but reeroy can't get enough beaker football ROFL

So whats your problem with it?

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-26-2014, 08:44 AM
Carl Peterson.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-26-2014, 08:45 AM
So whats your problem with it?

Too much of that shit dhow is bad for one's health!

Dayze
08-26-2014, 08:47 AM
NCAA. I like the effort on every play. I like how wins and losses actually mean something from a pride stand point.

BigMeatballDave
08-26-2014, 08:53 AM
Who's your NCAA team Dave?

No one in particular.

I watch it all. I follow Ohio state and Kansas state some.

I was born in Manhattan, KS and I've lived in Ohio several years.

Reerun_KC
08-26-2014, 08:54 AM
Too much of that shit dhow is bad for one's health!

Yeah some times it sucks being a fan, but it is what it is...

Bambi
08-26-2014, 08:58 AM
NFL obviously. College is a nice showcase for NFL talent though.

MatriculatingHank
08-26-2014, 09:01 AM
http://www.chasingomaha.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/sec-logo.jpg

KCTitus
08-26-2014, 09:05 AM

I'd have to go with the same. I enjoy Saturday's football games much more than Sunday's. I get my OSU fix, then watch SEC and whatever primetime game is on, I enjoy them all. For the NFL, I have to sit through 4 hours of Chiefs and then Im pretty much done for the day. I dont bother with MNF, SNF, or TNF unless KC is playing in them and then Im pissed because I have to stay up too late.

WhawhaWhat
08-26-2014, 09:35 AM
I don't bother with MNF, SNF, or TNF unless KC is playing in them and then I'm pissed because I have to stay up too late.

This for the win.

rico
08-26-2014, 10:49 AM

Notre Dame

Dayze
08-26-2014, 10:52 AM
I'd have to go with the same. I enjoy Saturday's football games much more than Sunday's. I get my OSU fix, then watch SEC and whatever primetime game is on, I enjoy them all. For the NFL, I have to sit through 4 hours of Chiefs and then Im pretty much done for the day. I dont bother with MNF, SNF, or TNF unless KC is playing in them and then Im pissed because I have to stay up too late.
Exactly the same here. I maybe watched 3 non chief games last yr. Watched none of the playoffs. And watched the super bowl. NCAA for me and its not even close any more. Slowly started watching NCAA more and more. Last year was the tippng point where I watched NCAA exclusively

Mr. Arrowhead
08-26-2014, 10:57 AM
NFL easily #1, something about college just doesnt excite me like the NFL does

loochy
08-26-2014, 10:59 AM
SOCCER FOOTBALL

TROLOLOL

Bambi
08-26-2014, 03:38 PM
I think it's hilarious when fans only watch their team. I don't even see the point in that.

The Chiefs are a nice JV warmup for early on a Sunday but real ball happens when the lights come on at 4:00 and 8:30.

Pablo
08-26-2014, 03:41 PM
NFL by a wide margin. College ball is second and a very good product. I can watch any NFL game. I can watch almost any NCAA game, except for Florida v. Directional Scumshit State type games.

Don't give a shit about the rest of it.

Pablo
08-26-2014, 03:43 PM
I think it's hilarious when fans only watch their team. I don't even see the point in that.

The Chiefs are a nice JV warmup for early on a Sunday but real ball happens when the lights come on at 4:00 and 8:30.If I only watched the Chiefs, I'd absolutely hate football in general.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-26-2014, 04:08 PM
I'd rather jerk off 27 pissed off boars than read another Deberg thread !

htismaqe
08-26-2014, 04:14 PM
NCAA >>>>>>>>>>> NFL

Deberg_1990
08-26-2014, 05:35 PM
NCAA >>>>>>>>>>> NFL

Do you mean the quality of the games? Or just pure enjoyment? I'll just say this, Not as many blowouts in the NFL.

Bambi
08-26-2014, 06:37 PM
Do you mean the quality of the games? Or just pure enjoyment? I'll just say this, Not as many blowouts in the NFL.

This is the biggest problem with college football. I can't count the number of times everyone has got jacked about some game against two "powerhouse" teams and then you look up and its 35-0.

Seems to happen way more than it should.

Mama Hip Rockets
08-26-2014, 08:34 PM
NFL

Pasta Little Brioni
08-26-2014, 08:39 PM
NCAA >>>>>>>>>>> NFL

Not a damb chance in the world even with the decline in quality. College sports are 3rd world countries.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-26-2014, 08:41 PM
This is the biggest problem with college football. I can't count the number of times everyone has got jacked about some game against two "powerhouse" teams and then you look up and its 35-0.

Seems to happen way more than it should.

This. College sports are the haves and have nots. All about who can buy the most all americans.

ThaVirus
08-26-2014, 08:46 PM
Nfl. I don't understand the draw of college, so many players, so many teams, so much player turn over how or why to keep track of it all.

Plus blowouts. Texas vs. Southeastern Appalachian State Community College? No thanks.

Iconic
08-26-2014, 08:50 PM
That new Indian league

KOLKATA VIPERS FTW!

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-27-2014, 07:53 AM
Not a damb chance in the world even with the decline in quality. College sports are 3rd world countries.

From a game standpoint the NFL is turning in to pure suck. And it will only get worse.

KCTitus
08-27-2014, 09:31 AM
Plus blowouts. Texas vs. Southeastern Appalachian State Community College? No thanks.

The non conference games are a bit of a joke...if there was any criticism, that would be it. That said, there have been some upsets even in those games. It's funny you mention Appalachian State (not CC) but the college did upset Michigan a few years ago (maybe 10) when Michigan was a top 25 ranked team. Virginia Tech was once upset by Temple -- probably the biggest upset in the history of division 1.

After week 3 in college, conference games begin and aside from the Big 12, most games are pretty compelling.

htismaqe
08-27-2014, 10:11 AM

Pure enjoyment. The game is much more pure on the field, even with the talent disparity that sometimes exists.

So much less bullshit than the NFL.

Plus I prefer the college format. My team has zero hope of winning a national championship in my lifetime but regular wins 8-9 games so they get to end the season with bowl and potentially a "successful" season.

The Chiefs on the other hand...well, it's the Chiefs.

htismaqe
08-27-2014, 10:11 AM

The NFL sucks, period.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-27-2014, 10:12 AM
The NFL sucks, period.

Yep.

htismaqe
08-27-2014, 10:18 AM
I should qualify my statement.

Sure, Alabama vs. Southern Louisiana A&T is a fucking shitfest.

But in week 10 of the season, Boise vs. Nevada is a compelling game. Northwestern vs. Michigan State is a compelling game. There's literally 20 games on every weekend that are fun to watch, whether it's because of some of the individual athletes playings, conference standings, bowl projections, or whatever.

In week 10 of the NFL season, there is generally only one or two games worth watching. Washington vs. Dallas is not worth watching. For the last 5 or 6 weeks of the season, you have a couple of marquee match ups each week and then a whole host of shit because one or both of the teams involved are already looking forward to April's draft.

If it weren't for the Chiefs, there would be weekends where I wouldn't watch a single NFL game. It's just plain boring.

KCTitus
08-27-2014, 10:24 AM
I submit for review last years Iron Bowl up against any regular season NFL game last year. Hands down, the Iron Bowl game was better than any NFL game last year.

Bearcat
08-27-2014, 10:27 AM
I should qualify my statement.

Sure, Alabama vs. Southern Louisiana A&T is a ****ing shitfest.

But in week 10 of the season, Boise vs. Nevada is a compelling game. Northwestern vs. Michigan State is a compelling game. There's literally 20 games on every weekend that are fun to watch, whether it's because of some of the individual athletes playings, conference standings, bowl projections, or whatever.

In week 10 of the NFL season, there is generally only one or two games worth watching. Washington vs. Dallas is not worth watching. For the last 5 or 6 weeks of the season, you have a couple of marquee match ups each week and then a whole host of shit because one or both of the teams involved are already looking forward to April's draft.

If it weren't for the Chiefs, there would be weekends where I wouldn't watch a single NFL game. It's just plain boring.

Hey, SLATU could surprise some people this year.

Seriously though, that's it for me... any given week, I look down the list of NFL games and almost nothing sticks out. Week 1 this season there's TNF and SNF. Week 2, maybe MNF or TNF. Week 3 is a shitfest. There might be more interesting CFB games in September than NFL games.

htismaqe
08-27-2014, 10:32 AM
Hey, SLATU could surprise some people this year.

Seriously though, that's it for me... any given week, I look down the list of NFL games and almost nothing sticks out. Week 1 this season there's TNF and SNF. Week 2, maybe MNF or TNF. Week 3 is a shitfest. There might be more interesting CFB games in September than NFL games.

I also like the fact that the X's and O's in CFB is more stimulating, at least for me.

On any given week, you might see 5 or 6 COMPLETELY different offenses and you might see 4-3, 4-4, and even 3-3-5 defenses.

Colleges are a lot more innovative - they have to be because of the talent disparity.

Dayze
08-27-2014, 10:35 AM
I submit for review last years Iron Bowl up against any regular season NFL game last year. Hands down, the Iron Bowl game was better than any NFL game last year.

and the Georgia / Bama SEC Championship from 2 years ago. those two games are the best games I've seen at any level.

htismaqe
08-27-2014, 10:36 AM
and the Georgia / Bama SEC Championship from 2 years ago. those two games are the best games I've seen at any level.

I've seen some VERY fun games out of the Sun Belt, WAC, and the smaller non-BCS conferences.

There's ALWAYS good college games on. Always.

Dayze
08-27-2014, 10:38 AM
I enjoy watching NCAA football because the all out effort is there. 90% of those guys will never play a down or even sniff the NFL. so every year, every play, they go all out.
and, it seems like the players actually are emotionally invested in winning and losing

I don't get that same feeling from the NFL at all.

Bowser
08-27-2014, 10:53 AM

Still the best football game I think I've ever seen....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/d3rFPxh6dMw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bearcat
08-27-2014, 11:01 AM
I also like the fact that the X's and O's in CFB is more stimulating, at least for me.

On any given week, you might see 5 or 6 COMPLETELY different offenses and you might see 4-3, 4-4, and even 3-3-5 defenses.

Colleges are a lot more innovative - they have to be because of the talent disparity.

Definitely, which makes the matchups so much more interesting, especially non-conference and bowl games. The only NFL games that stick out to me are elite QB vs elite QB or elite QB vs top 3 defense (which is mostly mid-January and later)... the rest is pretty bland.

Dayze
08-27-2014, 11:03 AM
Still the best football game I think I've ever seen....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/d3rFPxh6dMw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
That SEC championship game was the shit. The last quarter especially

Dayze
08-27-2014, 11:04 AM
Also the quadruple OT game of Miami vs Ohio State some years back in a big bowl game was kick ass too.

jimidollar
08-27-2014, 11:31 AM
The NFL was #1 for me in my younger days. However, the Chiefs being the Chiefs over the last few years has changed that for me. I'd rather enjoy a nice college matchup of random teams. The only thing I enjoy about the NFL anymore is watching the Broncos or the Cowboys lose.

Dayze
08-27-2014, 11:37 AM
The NFL was #1 for me in my younger days. However, the Chiefs being the Chiefs over the last few years has changed that for me. I'd rather enjoy a nice college matchup of random teams. The only thing I enjoy about the NFL anymore is watching the Broncos or the Cowboys lose.

pretty much this for me.
I can't even watch non-Chiefs games anymore. especially the weekly national broadcasts of the Broncos, Cowboys, etc.

These days, my wife and I enjoy watching football nearly all day on Saturdays, and having all day Sunday to do whatever we want.

ChiefsCountry
08-27-2014, 11:45 AM
I get to watch lots more college football than I do NFL. Being a season ticket holder wipes half of your Sundays down to basically one game.

After figuring how to watch the alma mater (Missouri State) play either streaming or radio, the amount of games on a Saturday is crazy. Generally will catch the Missouri game and then whatever else catches my fancy when I'm flipping through.

High school football in a small community is a lot easier to follow. Its more enjoyable if you know somebody playing or if the team is kicking ass. But I enjoy listening to the different teams on the radio and catching the highlight shows on Friday night sports.

Dayze
08-27-2014, 11:53 AM
there were a few Saturday's last year where there were killer games on from 11am all the way through until 10pm. Snowy, cold day; stew simmering on the stove. The wife actually proposed "let's just stay on the couch all day and watch football".

uh.. ok by me.

Pablo
08-27-2014, 11:57 AM
pretty much this for me.
I can't even watch non-Chiefs games anymore. especially the weekly national broadcasts of the Broncos, Cowboys, etc.

These days, my wife and I enjoy watching football nearly all day on Saturdays, and having all day Sunday to do whatever we want.LMAO

Why would you torment yourself and only watch Chiefs games?

I suppose fantasy football has a bit to do with me following a ton of NFL games, but I still prefer watching elite players at the highest level competing.

Dayze
08-27-2014, 11:59 AM
because I'm a sadist.
lol

I used to root for the the Steelers and Bills when watching casually, now I just don't have any interest in any teams. which sucks. I watch the Chiefs, then usually go about my day. I used to follow every transaction, trades rumors, coaching/scheme changes etc. Meah - not any more.

I was a HUGE NFL geek about 8 years ago. the Herm years just sucked the ever livin' life out of me. and I've stopped playing fantasy football.

htismaqe
08-27-2014, 12:11 PM
LMAO

I suppose fantasy football has a bit to do with me following a ton of NFL games, but I still prefer watching elite players at the highest level competing to see who can draw a flag first.

FYP

KCTitus
08-27-2014, 12:14 PM
LMAO

I suppose fantasy football has a bit to do with me following a ton of NFL games, but I still prefer watching elite players at the highest level competing.

I also play FF, but even that doesnt keep me interested in actually watching other games. I think it has something to do with the given announcers fellating the star player in that game. It's especially bad with anything Bronco related.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-27-2014, 12:19 PM
FYP

LMAO

Flag league is flag.