PDA

View Full Version : Football No Alex or Charles in the final preseason game

Chief Roundup
08-26-2014, 06:01 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article1302653.html

Chiefs coach Andy Reid said he’ll rest most of his starters, including quarterback Alex Smith and Jamaal Charles, in Thursday night’s preseason finale at Green Bay.

Backup quarterback Chase Daniel will start and play the first quarter, and Tyler Bray and Aaron Murray will split the last three quarters.

“It's good,” Daniel said of starting the preseason finale. “It's what you want as a guy, and they're going to be resting the starters, obviously. So you want to go out there and put some good drives together.

“We need to score. We need to get in the red zone and we need to score and feel good about ourselves Tennessee week.”
Charles, who has missed the last two preseason games because of a bruised foot, has practiced this week and said he “feels good.”

The Chiefs said Charles bruised his foot a few weeks ago while carrying a box out of a dorm at Missouri Western, where the Chiefs held training camp.

“Yeah, it was a freak accident and I’m just happy to be healthy again,” Charles said.

Charles said his three carries in the preseason opener against Cincinnati was enough work, and he’s ready for the regular season.

“I’ve been in the league for a long time,” Charles said. “I’ve had plenty of carries before, so having three carries in the preseason doesn’t make me … those stats don’t even count. The real game counts week one against Tennessee, and that’s all I’m worried about.”
Injury report

Outside linebacker Tamba Hali missed practice because of a swollen knee and he likely won’t make the trip to Green Bay. Offensive tackle Eric Fisher (illness), wide receiver Dwayne Bowe (quadriceps) and Junior Hemingway (hip) did not practice and are not expected to play on Thursday.

The Star’s Terez A. Paylor contributed to this report.

08-26-2014, 06:02 PM
heh. spoke before reading the whole article. 1 full quarter of Daniel now. still too many

Halfcan
08-26-2014, 06:06 PM
Fisher with an illness-must have watched his own highlights from preseason.

Deberg_1990
08-26-2014, 06:07 PM
im shocked! outraged!!!

Mr. Laz
08-26-2014, 06:10 PM
We've looked like total shit, who needs more time.

ThaVirus
08-26-2014, 06:11 PM
We've looked like total shit, who needs more time.

Very true, but it's the final preseason game. Probably best not to risk it.

We looked like shit in week 16 last year. Rested the starters week 17 and came out firing on all cylinders (well.. you know) on Wild Card weekend.

Hammock Parties
08-26-2014, 06:17 PM
Interesting that they don't even want them to play one drive to get a little confidence boost.

An entire MONTH of football without a touchdown from the first-team offense. Wonderful.

08-26-2014, 06:18 PM
Interesting that they don't even want them to play one drive to get a little confidence boost.

An entire MONTH of football without a touchdown from the first-team offense. Wonderful.Its fucking awesome!!!! I love not seeing touchdowns by my favorite team.:doh!:

srvy
08-26-2014, 06:21 PM
Has Hemingway played any downs in preseason?

ModSocks
08-26-2014, 06:26 PM
Hemingway has always been injury prone since he entered the league. The guy can't stay healthy.

Chief Roundup
08-26-2014, 06:30 PM
The Packers could possibly set a single game scoring record on us this week.

Rausch
08-26-2014, 06:34 PM

An entire MONTH of football without a touchdown from the first-team offense. Wonderful.

Why is this a shock?...

08-26-2014, 06:36 PM
The Packers could possibly set a single game scoring record on us this week.At this point I might consider that a good thing.

Rasputin
08-26-2014, 06:40 PM
Eric Fisher not expected to play? Holy shit balls if anyone needs to play it's him. He is sick? What a wuss.

What a fucking joke.

Mr. Laz
08-26-2014, 06:41 PM
Very true, but it's the final preseason game. Probably best not to risk it.

We looked like shit in week 16 last year. Rested the starters week 17 and came out firing on all cylinders (well.. you know) on Wild Card weekend.
Risk what?

Risk losing due to injury instead of losing due to shitty play?

Rasputin
08-26-2014, 06:42 PM
Maybe they should keep Charles out of weeks 1 - 16, you know until we can get an offensive line next year.

Deberg_1990
08-26-2014, 06:42 PM

I'm actually shocked that fans still think preseason games mean anything.

Your smarter than this.

Or maybe not.......

Rasputin
08-26-2014, 06:44 PM
I'm actually shocked that fans still think preseason games mean anything.

Your smarter than this.

Or maybe not.......

Winning or losing may not matter or mean anything in preseason but how they play does.

Deberg_1990
08-26-2014, 06:46 PM
Winning or losing may not matter or mean anything in preseason but how they play does.

Not really

I care more about how the team is playing later in the season than early anyways.

So many teams look bad or average early, then are completely different beasts in the back half if the year. Preseason is mostly meaningless.

ThaVirus
08-26-2014, 06:49 PM
Risk what?

Risk losing due to injury instead of losing due to shitty play?

Yes. In the grand scheme of things, one measly drive likely wouldn't mean shit. A significant injury would mean very, very much.

thabear04
08-26-2014, 06:52 PM
Better sit out Berry too I don't want him hurt if he just came back.

Rasputin
08-26-2014, 06:53 PM
Not really

You don't think for some players preseason doesn't help give them experience? You don't think valuable experience matters? It matters. Winning and losing may not be important but learning from mistakes & working on fundamentals do matter for the season.

I don't curr about the wins or losses in preseason but I do want to see success and efforts by those who have something to prove.

WakkaWakka
08-26-2014, 06:55 PM
Eric Fisher not expected to play? Holy shit balls if anyone needs to play it's him. He is sick? What a wuss.

What a ****ing joke.

Reerun_KC
08-26-2014, 06:56 PM
Oh noes. CPs usual suspects will have a menstrual meltdown.

Deberg_1990
08-26-2014, 06:57 PM
You don't think for some players preseason doesn't help give them experience? You don't think valuable experience matters? It matters. Winning and losing may not be important but learning from mistakes & working on fundamentals do matter for the season.

I don't curr about the wins or losses in preseason but I do want to see success and efforts by those who have something to prove.

Sure. Experience matters some obviously.

Especially for the rookies or guys on the edge of getting cut

Proven vets? Very little.

Like I said earlier, a lot of teams don't even completely gel until late in the season.

Snapplez
08-26-2014, 06:59 PM

Safe pick

TribalElder
08-26-2014, 07:00 PM
The Offense is allergic to touchdowns

mcaj22
08-26-2014, 07:23 PM
Not really

I care more about how the team is playing later in the season than early anyways.

So many teams look bad or average early, then are completely different beasts in the back half if the year. Preseason is mostly meaningless.

That makes no sense, if you start shitty chances are you aren't making the playoffs, I could care less how this team looks at the end of the season if they are absolute garbage the first 8 games/2 months.

Deberg_1990
08-26-2014, 07:36 PM
That makes no sense, if you start shitty chances are you aren't making the playoffs, I could care less how this team looks at the end of the season if they are absolute garbage the first 8 games/2 months.

Oh really ? I think you better look at some NFL history.

InChiefsHeaven
08-26-2014, 07:47 PM
This is the smart play. Charles doesn't need any carries, he friggin' knows what he's doing. All he needs is some over-zealous prick from Green Bay laying a helmet in his earhole and having a concussion for 6 weeks.

Alex. We've seen enough. Last season we saw that he has it within himself to be more than just serviceable. Granted, the O-Line and him need to have a come together moment, but one more pre-season game ain't gonna iron all that out.

Fisher...what the fuck? That guy needs all the snaps he can get.

Berry. I'd sit him out too, but I guess this indicates he'll be out there at least for awhile.

Rest your starters, get a few of them some reps, and the bore the hell out of everybody. It's preseason. Who could possibly give a shit, or who could think that one more game would make a difference?

I get that people want us to look polished and awesome for the short time our starters are in there, but we've already seen that's not gonna happen. Might as well reload and get to the games that count with the best players you have.

mcaj22
08-26-2014, 08:20 PM

you mean NFL History just as recent as last year? when the Chiefs started 9-0 in the first two months and finished 2-5?

We don't get into the playoffs last year without our good start to the season. So, yes, really.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-26-2014, 08:23 PM

No it really doesn't. De berg is right.

ChiefsCountry
08-26-2014, 08:28 PM
Charles and Bowe are the only offense starters I care about. On defense, Poe, Berry, DJ, Hali, and Houston. Special teams with Colquitt and DAT. The rest of the guys I could really care less if they get hurt or not. They are all replaceable in my opinion.

Chiefnj2
08-26-2014, 08:43 PM
Reason number 3,454 why I'm not a head coach. I'd have the starting OL play 3 full quarters and show they can block third stringers.

Deberg_1990
08-26-2014, 08:45 PM
you mean NFL History just as recent as last year? when the Chiefs started 9-0 in the first two months and finished 2-5?

We don't get into the playoffs last year without our good start to the season. So, yes, really.

how about when the Chargers started 5-7, then made the playoffs and won a game.

There are countless examples of of NFL teams starting slow, and still making the playoffs. countless.

Chief Roundup
08-26-2014, 09:04 PM

There are countless examples of of NFL teams starting slow, and still making the playoffs. countless.

I understand what you are saying overall you are correct, but I don't think there is anyway that we beat Donkos, Patriots or 49ers. So we have to beat the Titans and the Dolphins to even start "slow" at 2-3 and if we lose to the Chargers 2-4. Meaning we would likely have to go 8-2 on the remaining schedule to have a shot at the playoffs. We would have to do that against the likes of the Donkos, Seahawks, Steelers, Chargers.

Rasputin
08-26-2014, 09:07 PM
No it really doesn't. De berg is right.

Gaining experience for any of the players doesn't matter?

WoW! I'm such and idiot.

ptlyon
08-26-2014, 09:11 PM
4-12

John Dope
08-27-2014, 06:55 AM
I love it. The coaches aren't worried about a thing. No reason to panic because we didn't score a TD with the starters in the preseason. I am telling you guys, they were practicing putting the starters in bad situations all preseason. This team is going to be off the chain week one.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-27-2014, 07:16 AM
Trade Chase to St Loui for a 2nd

Sandy Vagina
08-27-2014, 07:23 AM

They would cough up a 6th rounder for Chase.. not more though.

Mav
08-27-2014, 07:24 AM

Why?

They can get Mallet for free.

Mav
08-27-2014, 07:25 AM
I love it. The coaches aren't worried about a thing. No reason to panic because we didn't score a TD with the starters in the preseason. I am telling you guys, they were practicing putting the starters in bad situations all preseason. This team is going to be off the chain week one.

Yeah, the coaches aren't.

I have never seen Alex as frustrated as he was in the Minny game.

Week one is going to be a struggle.

A real struggle.

Without Bowe, and facing a Ray Horton defense is going to be a true struggle.

Rausch
08-27-2014, 07:25 AM
They would cough up a 6th rounder for Chase.. not more though.

Deal...

Mav
08-27-2014, 07:28 AM
Deal...

They already have Chase Daniel.

His clone Shaun Hill.

Rausch
08-27-2014, 07:30 AM
I am telling you guys, they were practicing putting the starters in bad situations all preseason. This team is going to be off the chain week one.

http://i.imgur.com/k5MJnFU.gif

Sandy Vagina
08-27-2014, 07:31 AM

I applaud your optimism, but I am not so sure. I really HATE to make any judgments on preseason action... really do... but man, this could swing the other way and be a disastrous season. The receiving corps and OL really are that aids-ridden.

KC's hope should be that the defense will play more similarly to the 0-9 start of last season.. so that the KC offensive line can get their shit straight for a while.

There are lots of game-planning and plays that get put on the side in PS games... but when it comes to OL blocks... they can either block worth a shit or they can't. I don't know... the season could net them 9 or 10 wins... or 9 or 10 losses.

Mav
08-27-2014, 07:34 AM
I applaud your optimism, but I am not so sure. I really HATE to make any judgments on preseason action... really do... but man, this could swing the other way and be a disastrous season. The receiving corps and OL really are that aids-ridden.

KC's hope should be that the defense will play more similarly to the 0-9 start of last season.. so that the KC offensive line can get their shit straight for a while.

There are lots of game-planning and plays that get put on the side in PS games... but when it comes to OL blocks... they can either block worth a shit or they can't. I don't know... the season could net them 9 or 10 wins... or 9 or 10 losses.

:clap:

Rausch
08-27-2014, 07:34 AM

Players win games.

What player, at any position, did we draft or sign that was better than the player we lost over the last two years?

What positions has this team gotten better at?

QB. That's it...

Chiefnj2
08-27-2014, 07:35 AM

Yes. All the good coaches love seeing their starting QB get hit, sacked and scramble for his life in the preseason. All of those unblocked rushers were just to test Alex's surgically repaired shoulder from a few seasons back. Make sure the screws are still holding firm.

Mav
08-27-2014, 07:36 AM
Players win games.

What player, at any position, did we draft or sign that was better than the player we lost over the last two years?

What positions has this team gotten better at?

QB. That's it...

Corner?

Owens is an upgrade over Dunta Robinson.

I like Cooper better today, than I like Flowers.

And, Fs. abudullah WAYYYYYYYYYYY > Kendrick.

just my opinion. Flame away.

Mav
08-27-2014, 07:37 AM
glad I sold my tickets.

I had tickets to this game tomorrow.

Rausch
08-27-2014, 07:40 AM
Corner?

Even if I agreed with that it means we got better at no 2 CB, Nickelback, and FS while our whole offensive line went to $3it and the rest of our aging talent got a year older...

John Dope
08-27-2014, 07:42 AM

I admit that I'm not sure they were purposely putting them in rough situations on offense but I am positive they were doing it on defense. You can see it when you watch the games and Sutton specifically talked about it.

I am sure the o-line will play together as much as possible. They haven't had much practice together. People have come in and out of that line like crazy. However, it went like that last season too. Albert, Fisher, and Asamoah all missed time. We have a QB who can run and a RB who can catch. With the way our offense is designed, we don't need an A+ o-line. We will throw short passes and screens with the occasional play action down field pass.

I am optimistic. Our HC knows what he's doing.

Rausch
08-27-2014, 07:44 AM

I think our HC does.

I don't think our GM does...

-King-
08-27-2014, 08:01 AM
Which is why the 49ers will be the worst team in the league.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sandy Vagina
08-27-2014, 08:12 AM
Corner?

Agree with this... plus, adding in some expectation that many of the 2013 players will benefit from experience in the same scheme.

I'm not even too worried about the WRs, if they can stay out of the top 5 in drops. Not too worried about the TEs, if they can remotely stay healthy.

Biggest issue... as it was a month ago, and is today (if not more a concern) is the OL.

Rausch
08-27-2014, 08:15 AM
Biggest issue...

The biggest issue about this team is that every player Dorsey added comes with an "if."

Sandy Vagina
08-27-2014, 08:23 AM
The biggest issue about this team is that every player Dorsey added comes with an "if."

To some level, yeah. I mean, if KC went out and traded for Boone or Mankins, there would still be an IF factor on how well they transitioned to new surroundings. We would just have a bit more faith in them versus some unknown and current scrub.

BossChief
08-27-2014, 08:30 AM
A group of us went to the Vikings Chiefs PS game last weekend and went to KCLIVE afterwards and were in the VIP section for about 20 minutes with Charles before security realized we weren't with him. He was chatting with us and everything. He told us that he wasn't gonna play in the last PS game but that he wants to break the rushing record this year for yards in a season.

Everything went south when my girlfriends brother asked Charles to sign his jersey...which is obviously frowned upon...especially when the jersey is a Vikings jersey.

It was pretty cool. We were in the back corner when he came in and came straight back to our corner and security proceeded to block it off with us still back there.

If Ty didn't do that dumb shit, Id probably have some epic tales...

-King-
08-27-2014, 08:45 AM
A group of us went to the Vikings Chiefs PS game last weekend and went to KCLIVE afterwards and were in the VIP section for about 20 minutes with Charles before security realized we weren't with him. He was chatting with us and everything. He told us that he wasn't gonna play in the last PS game but that he wants to break the rushing record this year for yards in a season.

Everything went south when my girlfriends brother asked Charles to sign his jersey...which is obviously frowned upon...especially when the jersey is a Vikings jersey.

It was pretty cool. We were in the back corner when he came in and came straight back to our corner and security proceeded to block it off with us still back there.

If Ty didn't do that dumb shit, Id probably have some epic tales...
Wut? Why did he think that would be okay?
Posted via Mobile Device

srvy
08-27-2014, 09:06 AM
I admit that I'm not sure they were purposely putting them in rough situations on offense but I am positive they were doing it on defense. You can see it when you watch the games and Sutton specifically talked about it.

I am sure the o-line will play together as much as possible. They haven't had much practice together. People have come in and out of that line like crazy. However, it went like that last season too. Albert, Fisher, and Asamoah all missed time. We have a QB who can run and a RB who can catch. With the way our offense is designed, we don't need an A+ o-line. We will throw short passes and screens with the occasional play action down field pass.

Yes but the quick pressure right up the gut is disturbing not to mention blitz pickups. Jamal should help that though. Smiths mobility does negate the A+ O-line some unless that pressure is between the Center and Guard.
I trust Tim Grunhard's opinion and when he says there is nothing magical in preseason that changes in the regular. He say you just block and if you cant then there is reason for concern. Getting beaten right at the punch just does not happen this consistently.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-27-2014, 09:10 AM
If wonder if the Dorseid anticipated what a shitbag this season will be?

John Dope
08-27-2014, 12:20 PM
If wonder if the Dorseid anticipated what a shitbag this season will be?

I wonder if you anticipated how big Dorsey's cock was going to be before he stuck it up your asshole? I think you knew it was big but probably not that big.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-27-2014, 12:22 PM
I wonder if you anticipated how big Dorsey's cock was going to be before he stuck it up your asshole? I think you knew it was big but probably not that big.

LMAO

He better re-up on the viagra for that lame dick of his before trying.

Sandy Vagina
08-27-2014, 12:22 PM

:eek::LOL:

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-27-2014, 12:25 PM
Apparently, forget the viagra and go with some echanacia; he might remember not to suck at team-building.

htismaqe
08-27-2014, 12:25 PM

It's physically impossible for Dorsey's member to be in 2 places at once and we know from the pubes on your chin where it has really been...

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-27-2014, 12:28 PM
It's physically impossible for Dorsey's member to be in 2 places at once and we know from the pubes on your chin where it has really been...

:LOL:

BossChief
08-27-2014, 01:11 PM
Wut? Why did he think that would be okay?
Posted via Mobile Device
I about took a swing at him for it.

Until that point, Jamaal was totally cool with us being back there with them.

It pissed me off because I swear we were on our way for a TRULY epic night.

ThaVirus
08-27-2014, 01:14 PM
Which is why the 49ers will be the worst team in the league.
Posted via Mobile Device

They've looked horrendous.

I know the guys on this board only watch the Chiefs, but no TDs scored by their first team either. And that's pretty bad considering their QB just signed a huge extension, they've added what some would consider three #1 receivers over the past few years, and obviously already have Frank Gore and Vernon Davis plus one of the best offensive lines..

I'm not going to worry until the Titans game. If we lose that one, I'll probably lower my expectations to a 5-11 type season. Until then, I'm still hoping for 9-7, 10-6.

milkman
08-27-2014, 01:25 PM

Historically, teams that start out 0-1 have a far better chance at missing the playoffs than teams that start out 1-0.

htismaqe
08-27-2014, 01:30 PM
Historically, teams that start out 0-1 have a far better chance at missing the playoffs than teams that start out 1-0.

Since 1990, teams that start 2-0 make the playoffs 63% of the time,

Teams that start 1-1 make the playoffs 41% of the time.

Teams that start 0-2 make the playoffs just 12% of the time. Only three teams since 1990 have made it to the playoffs after starting 0-3.

-King-
08-27-2014, 02:35 PM
They've looked horrendous.

I know the guys on this board only watch the Chiefs, but no TDs scored by their first team either. And that's pretty bad considering their QB just signed a huge extension, they've added what some would consider three #1 receivers over the past few years, and obviously already have Frank Gore and Vernon Davis plus one of the best offensive lines..

I'm not going to worry until the Titans game. If we lose that one, I'll probably lower my expectations to a 5-11 type season. Until then, I'm still hoping for 9-7, 10-6.

Me too. I'm still thinking 9-7 or 10-6. And until week 3, not only had their first team not scored TDs, but their 2nd and 3rd team hadn't scored either.

I just don't take a whole lot from preseason. It's more about getting players feet wet and getting them conditioned than anything for me. Would I like to see them play great? Of course. But them playing great doesn't mean much once the regular season starts. Neither does them playing bad.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-27-2014, 02:38 PM
Me too. I'm still thinking 9-7 or 10-6. And until week 3, not only had their first team not scored TDs, but their 2nd and 3rd team hadn't scored either.

I just don't take a whole lot from preseason. It's more about getting players feet wet and getting them conditioned than anything for me. Would I like to see them play great? Of course. But them playing great doesn't mean much once the regular season starts. Neither does them playing bad.

I'm stymied.

KCCHIEFS27
08-27-2014, 02:39 PM
Charles should be treated just like Adrian Peterson. Never play in a preseason game. He simply doesn't need to.

Deberg_1990
08-27-2014, 03:27 PM

Understood. My argument is that a bad start doesn't mean gloom and doom like so many fans think it does.

A bad start can be overcome.

htismaqe
08-27-2014, 03:47 PM
A bad start can be overcome.

CAN be.

But most likely WON'T be.

Possible, not probable.

InChiefsHeaven
08-28-2014, 06:51 AM
I about took a swing at him for it.

Until that point, Jamaal was totally cool with us being back there with them.

It pissed me off because I swear we were on our way for a TRULY epic night.

So what happened? He asks Jamal for the autograph, and then Jamal sez "Get the fuck out my face with that" or what?

BossChief
08-28-2014, 09:34 AM
So what happened? He asks Jamal for the autograph, and then Jamal sez "Get the **** out my face with that" or what?

He basically smiled it off and was like nah. Then he put his hand up and Ty got kicked out of the club and the rest of us had to leave the VIP. I keep trying to upload some pics from my iPhone, but they are too big.

Hootie
08-28-2014, 09:36 AM
this is the first year in my life I haven't watched a lick of Chiefs preseason football

I watched at BW3, accidentally, for like 5 minutes

other than that...nope

don't care

my interest in the Chiefs, astonishingly, is at an all-time low

I'm sure I'll still watch every second of every game this year...but I don't think I'm going to be "throw my remote" angry this year because I currently have us as a 6 win team.

htismaqe
08-28-2014, 09:38 AM
I watched part of the 1st game. Didn't watch any of Carolina or Minnesota.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-28-2014, 09:56 AM
He basically smiled it off and was like nah. Then he put his hand up and Ty got kicked out of the club and the rest of us had to leave the VIP. I keep trying to upload some pics from my iPhone, but they are too big.

LMAO

X-Factor?

The Franchise
08-28-2014, 10:00 AM
I'm actually more excited to see this game then the first 3 games. I want to see what the backups can do with more reps. Plus I'm secretly hoping that Chase shits the bed for the 1st quarter.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-28-2014, 10:00 AM
I'm actually more excited to see this game then the first 3 games. I want to see what the backups can do with more reps. Plus I'm secretly hoping that Chase shits the bed for the 1st quarter.

LMAO

BigRedChief
08-28-2014, 10:07 AM
Charles should be treated just like Adrian Peterson. Never play in a preseason game. He simply doesn't need to.This!:thumb:

If he can get hurt carrying a box, playing against another teams players wanting to make an impression and light him up??? Forget that.

He gets hurt in game 1 our season is over, so be it. But, not pre-season.

John Dope
08-28-2014, 11:15 AM
I hope Berry plays a quarter to a half. He needs it imo. He hasn't seen any action and the defense needs him back there making the calls like he will in the games. He hasn't done that in a real game before.

htismaqe
08-28-2014, 11:20 AM
I hope Berry plays a quarter to a half. He needs it imo. He hasn't seen any action and the defense needs him back there making the calls like he will in the games. He hasn't done that in a real game before.

Absolutely not.

There won't be any other starters on the field. There's no benefit to him calling defenses for a bunch of guys that won't be on the team after this weekend.

He needs to be 100% healthy going into the season.

Rausch
08-28-2014, 11:23 AM
Plus I'm secretly hoping that Chase shits the bed for the 1st quarter.

I don't see how he won't...

ChiefsCountry
08-28-2014, 11:25 AM

You are a fucking moron.

Sandy Vagina
08-28-2014, 11:28 AM

I get your point, but I'd lean against this. Berry is a vet and knows his role well. 100% healthy for the games that matter. He will come hungry and prepared.

Chiefnj2
08-28-2014, 11:29 AM
First team offense hasn't scored a TD. They should all stay on the field until they score. Want to sit? Get your head out of your ass and move the ball.

temper11
08-28-2014, 11:32 AM

If it makes you feel better, the niners are in the same boat. No TD's for starting unit. In fact, (and I haven't looked this up or anything to know for sure) but between the two, I think KC's starting unit has looked even better than the niners in terms of 1st downs and yards gained. KC has at least moved the ball up and down the field a few times - stalling every time in the red zone. Niners have just been out-of-whack completely. Although I don't think the niners starting unit has quite as many snaps as KC's.

Furthermore, the only player they are missing is hold out Alex Boone. Maybe KC can sack up and pay Boone what he wants. I know they didn't want to pay Albert or Schwartz but maybe now that they know the level of suck-ti-tude this patched-together O line is producing, they will dig deep in the pockets and bring him in.