PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Grantland Rates Chiefs OL as Worst in the NFL

Pages : [1] 2

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-29-2014, 09:44 AM
Here is the excerpt covering the Chiefs:

Considering this, the Jets’ worst-case scenario, got me thinking about who actually does have the weakest position groups in the NFL, taking season-ending injuries and the like into account. This isn’t an attempt to rag on teams for the sake of doing it, but just to take stock, a week before the season starts, of what areas teams might have the most trouble in when the games get going.

Kansas City Chiefs, offensive line

eric-fisher

Since last season ended, Kansas City has said good-bye to its three best linemen. In a group of five guys, that’s typically not good. Geoff Schwartz got a nice deal from the Giants. Left tackle Branden Albert, long rumored to become a Dolphin eventually, is one now. And Jon Asamoah left to give the Falcons some much-needed interior line help.

That gives the Chiefs a starting five, from left to right, of Eric Fisher, Zach Fulton, Rodney Hudson, Jeff Allen, and Donald Stephenson — and Stephenson is suspended for the first four games of the season for PED use.

Fisher was the first pick in last year’s draft, and he had a really hard time as a rookie, even with less responsibility, over at right tackle. He’ll be in the big chair over on the left side this year, where more questions will be asked of him. It’s almost guaranteed he’ll be a significant downgrade from Albert. The Chiefs will also start sixth-round pick Fulton. Starting a sixth-round rookie can be spun one of two ways: Either you hit a home run late, or you have no better options. It’s typically the latter.

Kansas City’s offense is built around Jamaal Charles, but last year, having an above-average line (when Schwartz took over) certainly helped. Surviving turnover is typically a challenge for most lines, but surviving it with inferior talent is even tougher.

In the running: Jaguars, Seahawks, Bucs

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-weakest-link-a-look-at-the-worst-position-groups-in-the-nfl/

The Franchise
08-29-2014, 09:46 AM
I think that before the Mankins trade....the Bucs might have had the worst o-line.

Question: Would you have traded a 3rd for Mankins?

dirk digler
08-29-2014, 09:47 AM
Not surprising at all. I predict this OL will be one of if not the worst OL ever in Chiefs franchise history.

Red Dawg
08-29-2014, 09:53 AM
It will be the worst for sure. The youngest most inexperienced group will always be the worst. This unit is where Dorsey has failed so far. Instead of hunting down sorry ass cast off wide outs he should have been getting decent OL help.

KC native
08-29-2014, 09:54 AM
Hooray for drafting Fisher with our 1.1 pick last year.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2014, 09:55 AM
It's a conspiracy to not pay Alex and get us in position for Mariota.

Happy days are here again.

BlackHelicopters
08-29-2014, 09:55 AM
Damn allergies.

The Franchise
08-29-2014, 09:56 AM
Hooray for drafting Fisher with our 1.1 pick last year.

We're fucking stuck with him for another 2 years. No chance they cut him with that guaranteed contract. Just wait until he hasn't improved and his cap hit is $7M.

htismaqe

And when they give Smith a 5-year deal?

dirk digler
Also if the OL is historically bad how does that change the evaluation of Alex Smith and whether or not he should get a new deal?

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-29-2014, 09:57 AM
The youth of the line has little to do with it. Almost every starter fucking sucks at football.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2014, 09:58 AM
The youth of the line has little to do with it. Almost every starter fucking sucks at football.

Yeah but every player who has ever sucked for this team "just needs time."

notorious
08-29-2014, 09:59 AM
Have you guys forgotten about Black and the other piles of shit we had a few years ago?

Our line is not going to be good, but to say they are going to be the worst is insane.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2014, 09:59 AM
Also if the OL is historically bad how does that change the evaluation of Alex Smith and whether or not he should get a new deal?

You don't extend a QB who just led you to 5 wins.

And his stat line is almost assured to be putrid. This is a guy who completes 60 percent of his passes during a good season.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2014, 10:00 AM

I'll burn my Chiefs flag.

And I'm not fucking kidding.

notorious
08-29-2014, 10:01 AM

No way.

It will be a 4 year deal.

;)

John Dope
08-29-2014, 10:02 AM
I don't care if they are the worst as long as we win. We shouldn't need a good o-line to run our offense effectively. In truth we only lost one o-linemen who was about a "B" grade player.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-29-2014, 10:02 AM
Anytime you can let a rock solid left tackle just walk away to piss away a pick on that position at 1 overall you just have to do it!

Titty Meat
08-29-2014, 10:03 AM
" It's only March "

ChiefsCountry
08-29-2014, 10:04 AM
All the stupid cunts who wanted Albert gone and draft a left tackle deserve this fucking line.

Nightfyre
08-29-2014, 10:04 AM
I think that before the Mankins trade....the Bucs might have had the worst o-line.

No. Mankins is on the decline. Also, he's a guard. Also, giving up a third round pick for a guy who has a giant contract and doesn't significantly improve our chances of winning any games this year.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2014, 10:05 AM
All the stupid cunts who wanted Albert gone and draft a left tackle deserve this fucking line.

Yep.

Although I'll take jettisoning Albert if it means Smith gets injured or has a shit season, or both, and that results in Mariota.

NO PRICE is too high for a R1QB now.

I'LL FUCKING BURN THE ENTIRE TEAM IF IT GETS A FIRST ROUND FUCKING QUARTERBACK IN HERE.

Titty Meat
08-29-2014, 10:05 AM
The funny thing is the offensive line isn't even the worst unit of the team. Where's that fuckhead Sac to tell us how good our safeties are and how Sorenson is a stud.

John Dope
08-29-2014, 10:06 AM
All the stupid ****s who wanted Albert gone and draft a left tackle deserve this ****ing line.

Tell the whole story. It came down to Albert or Blowe. 90%+ of the fans wanted Blowe. I bet you were one of them.

duncan_idaho
08-29-2014, 10:07 AM
I don't care if they are the worst as long as we win. We shouldn't need a good o-line to run our offense effectively. In truth we only lost one o-linemen who was about a "B" grade player.

LOL at the level of homer-ism displayed here.

Albert and Schwartz were both above-average at their positions. But even if you grade them as "B" players, the problem is that they were replaced with "F" players.

John Dope
08-29-2014, 10:08 AM
No. Mankins is on the decline. Also, he's a guard. Also, giving up a third round pick for a guy who has a giant contract and doesn't significantly improve our chances of winning any games this year.

Yep, he gave up 8 sacks in the last six games last year.

Pasta Little Brioni
Our line is as good as Blackbob is a poster....we fucked!

ChiefsCountry
Where's that ****head Sac to tell us how good our safeties are and how Sorenson is a stud.

Sac has his head up Sorenson's ass is because he played at BYU. Same reason for Alex Smith because he played at Utah.

The Franchise
08-29-2014, 10:09 AM
The funny thing is the offensive line isn't even the worst unit of the team. Where's that fuckhead Sac to tell us how good our safeties are and how Sorenson is a stud.

He's busy typing up his manifesto about why we should be signing Cody Hoffman right now.

Nightfyre
08-29-2014, 10:09 AM
Yep, he gave up 8 sacks in the last six games last year.

I must now reconsider my position given that I am in agreement with bob.

John Dope
08-29-2014, 10:10 AM
LOL at the level of homer-ism displayed here.

Albert and Schwartz were both above-average at their positions. But even if you grade them as "B" players, the problem is that they were replaced with "F" players.

Schwartz wasn't even the starter. He was a back up. I think you're the homer for thinking he was so good. My point is that they weren't that great last year. We have a mobile QB, we run a lot of screens and throw to our RB more than anyone other team. We can get by with an average o-line.

ShowtimeSBMVP
08-29-2014, 10:11 AM
I can't believe a NFL team is about to go into a season with a unit like this.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-29-2014, 10:11 AM
Schwartz was damn good last year. It was a loss. Cmon Bob they dropped the fucking ball by trying to cheap up on the line.

The Franchise
08-29-2014, 10:12 AM
Schwartz wasn't even the starter. He was a back up. I think you're the homer for thinking he was so good. My point is that they weren't that great last year. We have a mobile QB, we run a lot of screens and throw to our RB more than anyone other team. We can get by with an average o-line.

Schwartz didn't start last year? Really?

L.A. Chieffan
08-29-2014, 10:12 AM
Schwartz is already hurt, Albert was going to be way too expensive for us to keep so basically we are all supposed to riot because Jon Asamoah isn't here.

Ming the Merciless
08-29-2014, 10:13 AM
I can't believe a NFL team is about to go into a season with a unit like this.

this

its fucking sad, and was like a slow motion train wreck watching this "plan" come to fruition as we let our offensive line just walk out the door to be replaced by children

dls6501
08-29-2014, 10:14 AM
This line is a joke.

Ming the Merciless
08-29-2014, 10:15 AM
Schwartz is already hurt, Albert was going to be way too expensive for us to keep so basically we are all supposed to riot because Jon Asamoah isn't here.

Can you explain how we were supposed to know that schwartz was going to be hurt?

Or how dropping a 1.1 on Fischer was going to be cheaper in the long run than just signing albert to a lonng term deal 2 years ago?

Dont you think fischer at 1.1 would be way more expensive in terms of both money and lost opportunity cost in the long term, if he pans out?

The Franchise
08-29-2014, 10:15 AM

Because, as you know, injuries are going to happen no matter where you're at. It's a given that Schwartz would have been injured had he stayed in KC.

htismaqe
08-29-2014, 10:17 AM
We can get by with an average o-line.

They're not average, Bob.

Sandy Vagina
08-29-2014, 10:17 AM

Other QBs are excused for not having good lines... but not Smith. So there... :p

If the OL and receivers end up bottom 5, and Alex sucks... then Alex sucks.. because he was not able to overcome what few if any QBs could. :thumb:

L.A. Chieffan
08-29-2014, 10:18 AM
Schwartz has had known injury issues, even if he had stayed he'd probably be hurt and he's a backup anyways. Not going to lose any sleep over Schwartz

htismaqe
Can you explain how we were supposed to know that schwartz was going to be hurt?

Or how dropping a 1.1 on Fischer was going to be cheaper in the long run than just signing albert to a lonng term deal 2 years ago?

Dont you think fischer at 1.1 would be way more expensive in terms of both money and lost opportunity cost in the long term, if he pans out?

He's GUARANTEED $13M over the next two seasons. If they re-sign him, he'll be making almost EXACTLY what people didn't want to pay Albert.

John Dope
They're not average, Bob.

Not in the preseason I guess. Winning is all that matters.

jd1020
Well, now I'm depressed.

Hammock Parties
This team is a joke.

FYP

htismaqe
08-29-2014, 10:19 AM
Other QBs are excused for not having good lines... but not Smith. So there... :p

If the OL and receivers end up bottom 5, and Alex sucks... then Alex sucks.. because he was not able to overcome what few if any QBs could. :thumb:

Fortunately, coaches and GMs don't evaluate players the way we do.

L.A. Chieffan
Albert is gone, get over it.

Coogs
At least we are in the same boat as Seattle.

jd1020

With Dorsey's brief track record, that might not be a good thing.

John Dope
08-29-2014, 10:20 AM
Schwartz didn't start last year? Really?

He started like seven games after Asamoah got hurt. He played well enough to keep the job but, he wasn't the starter from the get go. He was about a sliver better than Asamoah.

The Franchise
08-29-2014, 10:20 AM
Schwartz has had known injury issues, even if he had stayed he'd probably be hurt and he's a backup anyways. Not going to lose any sleep over Schwartz

Such as?

Dude spent one year on IR in 2011. Other than that.....he's been just fine.

The Franchise
08-29-2014, 10:21 AM
He started like seven games after Asamoah got hurt. He played wee enough to keep the job but, he wasn't the starter from the get go.

Sucked your Uncle's dick lately, Bob?

John Dope

Yes, we are very fortunate for that. Good post.

Ming the Merciless
Albert is gone, get over it.

thats your genious analysis of the actual cost of ALbert VS Fisher?

You are a fag

Sandy Vagina
08-29-2014, 10:22 AM
With Dorsey's brief track record, that might not be a good thing.

Yeah! His took a 2-14 team to 11-5! What an incompetent asshole! :)

John Dope
08-29-2014, 10:22 AM
Sucked your Uncle's dick lately, Bob?

LOL, fuck you man. I'm not bob.

Is that how you seriously respond after looking stupid because you didn't know Schwartz wasn't the starter all year? What a little bitch.

Ming the Merciless
08-29-2014, 10:23 AM
He's GUARANTEED $13M over the next two seasons. If they re-sign him, he'll be making almost EXACTLY what people didn't want to pay Albert.

Bingo.

So basically we just tread water with a possibly worse player for the same money and lose a 1.1 pick..

A historic 1st overall pick we could have used to pick any player in the draft.

Because we are the chiefs!

jd1020
Yeah! His took a 2-14 team to 11-5! What an incompetent asshole! :)

Teams looking sharp now!

Must be rough inheriting a team with a bunch of probowlers and getting a QB that's a slight bit more competent than Cassel.

htismaqe
He started like seven games after Asamoah got hurt. He played well enough to keep the job but, he wasn't the starter from the get go. He was about a sliver better than Asamoah.

And both of them have more strength in their pinky toe than Zach Fulton has in his entire body.

If there's one thing you CAN gauge in preseason, it's whether or not a guy is physically suited to play in the NFL.

Zach Fulton isn't. Plain and simple.

htismaqe
08-29-2014, 10:24 AM
Yes, we are very fortunate for that. Good post.

Just remember that it goes both ways. They may have very well saw an Alex Smith that wasn't deserving of an extension in the 2nd half of last season, even when we thought he was playing lights out.

Sandy Vagina
08-29-2014, 10:25 AM
Teams looking sharp now!

preseason judgments FTW!!!

He absolutely should have done more for the OL and WR groups.. but all of this doom and gloom is indisputably premature.

dirk digler
08-29-2014, 10:26 AM
You don't extend a QB who just led you to 5 wins.

And his stat line is almost assured to be putrid. This is a guy who completes 60 percent of his passes during a good season.

I don't know about that. I am no Smith homer but if he is running for his life every passing play you can't really fault him. I looked up last year he had 39 sacks I bet he gets over 50 this year, if he makes it through the whole season that is.

L.A. Chieffan
Gimme a break...Albert got $25 mil guaranteed. There is NO way chiefs could have afforded him.

Ming the Merciless

He absolutely should have done more for the OL and WR groups.. but all of this doom and gloom is indisputably premature.

yes lets wait until after the season is over to make our predictions guys

because "sandy cheeks" said so

jd1020
08-29-2014, 10:27 AM

Just WR and OL?

Literally every hole the Chiefs had wasn't acknowledged in any way.

Sandy Vagina
08-29-2014, 10:27 AM
Just remember that it goes both ways. They may have very well saw an Alex Smith that wasn't deserving of an extension in the 2nd half of last season, even when we thought he was playing lights out.

I think maybe they overestimated Smith's team-first generosity... just as it looks like I have. Alex may be a little too willing to allow his pig of an agent full control.

Ming the Merciless
08-29-2014, 10:28 AM
Gimme a break...Albert got $25 mil guaranteed. There is NO way chiefs could have afforded him.

so we cant afford albert but we can afford to get a 1.1 left tackle and then pay him even MORE money if he is actually decent?

Youre telling me locking up albert in like 2012 was more expensive than whatever fisher is going to cost, if fisher turns into what they said he was?

John Dope

Andy Reid wouldn't say he "is confident a deal with get done with Alex" about 500 times if that were the case.

Reality man.... come to reality....

Eleazar
I'll never understand why they let Schwartz go.

Ming the Merciless
08-29-2014, 10:29 AM
I'll never understand why they let Schwartz go.

Because they knew he was going to be injured

/ L.A. ChiefsFluffer

htismaqe

Eric Fisher got $22M guaranteed. You do know that right?

dirk digler
Have you guys forgotten about Black and the other piles of shit we had a few years ago?

Our line is not going to be good, but to say they are going to be the worst is insane.

When Black was here we still had Will Shields, Waters and Weigman. This is going to be a trainwreck.

alpha_omega
At this point...i am having a hard time getting upset about this anymore. that will probably change a week from sunday.

htismaqe
08-29-2014, 10:31 AM
Andy Reid wouldn't say he "is confident a deal with get done with Alex" about 500 times if that were the case.

Reality man.... come to reality....

Gimme a break.

Coaches say whatever they want when it fits the narrative.

THAT is reality.

Just like last week when Doug Pederson said Eric Fisher was struggling with technique and his shoulder was fine while Andy Heck was AT THE SAME TIME telling everybody Eric Fisher was struggling with his shoulder and his technique was fine.

Sandy Vagina
Just WR and OL?

Literally every hole the Chiefs had wasn't acknowledged in any way.

How do you figure that?

Abdullah should easily be better than Kendrick.

Added what should be quality rush LB depth, so last year's injuries don't hurt us again as they did.

Gaines is in the mold of the CBs they like and will have need for. Owens is a better NCB than was what's his face.

DAT should make McC a short memory.

I would have done things differently... but other than adding a quality OL and WR via FA or early draft... they did what they could under the cap limitations they had. I wouldn't have signed some of those FAs they did either.. but the world is an imperfect bitch.

FringeNC
I honestly don't think the line will be any worse than it was at the beginning of the season last year. THAT was one of the worst O-lines I can remember seeing. The difference by the end of the season was remarkable.

RealSNR
08-29-2014, 10:33 AM
Can't afford Branden Albert.

We CAN, however, afford Dustin Colquitt's $20 million contract, Bowe's $50 million, Sean Smith's $20 million, as well as overpriced deals to backups Chase Daniel and Vance Walker.

jd1020
How do you figure that?

Abdullah should easily be better than Kendrick.

Added what should be quality rush LB depth, so last year's injuries don't hurt us again as they did.

Gaines is in the mold of the CBs they like and will have need for. Owens is a better NCB than was what's his face.

DAT should make McC a short memory.

I would have done things differently... but other than adding a quality OL and WR via FA or early draft... they did what they could under the cap limitations they had. I wouldn't have signed some of those FAs they did either.. but the world is an imperfect bitch.

Abduallah was already on the team.

Ford isn't going to be on the field and OLB wasn't a hole.

Gaines isn't going to be on the field.

DAT hasn't really shown anything on the field beyond a punt return. Something McCluster was really, really good at last season.

srvy
Asamoah was not in our top 3 lineman last year. The guy sucked and needed to be gone. Schwartz needed to be retained that was a crime to let him walk. Fisher should have been put on IR last year when he struggled with the shoulder and move to RT. Now his confidence is murdered and shoulder shot.

Because Chiefs.

MMXcalibur
08-29-2014, 10:34 AM
Can't afford Branden Albert.

We CAN, however, afford Dustin Colquitt's $20 million contract, Bowe's $50 million, Sean Smith's $20 million, as well as overpriced deals to backups Chase Daniel and Vance Walker.

Add it all up and you get a championship!

Eleazar
I honestly don't think the line will be any worse than it was at the beginning of the season last year. THAT was one of the worst O-lines I can remember seeing. The difference by the end of the season was remarkable.

And all year we're going to have to listen on ChiefsPlanet to people saying it's Alex Smith's fault when the line is the worst in the league. Just like the beginning of last year.

htismaqe

And couldn't beat out Kendrick fucking Lewis.

Sandy Vagina

Ford isn't going to be on the field and OLB wasn't a hole.

Gaines isn't going to be on the field.

DAT hasn't really shown anything on the field beyond a punt return. Something McCluster was really, really good at last season.

if anyone else wants to try to break through this thick head, be my guest... I'm not missing out on some sleep before tonight's festivities... :doh!:

notorious
08-29-2014, 10:35 AM
JD, you need to take it easy.

You are already shitting on the rookies who have yet to play one down in a real NFL game?

jd1020
08-29-2014, 10:37 AM

You are already shitting on the rookies who have yet to play one down in a real NFL game?

Not shitting on them.

They simply aren't going to be on the field. Ford has been terrible this preseason and OLB wasn't exactly a pressing need this year.

WR was. Secondary was. OL was, after he watched half the line walk out the door.

Ming the Merciless
08-29-2014, 10:38 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2012/06/gay_dance.gifI'm not missing out on some sleep before tonight's festivities... :doh!:

you going to the clubs?

FringeNC
And all year we're going to have to listen on ChiefsPlanet to people saying it's Alex Smith's fault when the line is the worst in the league. Just like the beginning of last year.

Claythan has become intolerable.

Beef Supreme
Bingo.

So basically we just tread water with a possibly worse player for the same money and lose a 1.1 pick..

A historic 1st overall pick we could have used to pick any player in the draft.

Because we are the chiefs!

On the bright side, we can draft another tackle in the first round in a couple of years when Fisher either doesn't pan out or if he does pan out and they don't want to pay him.:)

duncan_idaho

I'm not saying he was an All-Pro. Just that he was one of two players on the OL last year who actually played at a competent level.

Unfortunately for Chiefs fans and players, Dorsey let both of those OL players go.

The issue isn't that Schwartz and Albert were superstars. It's that the guys that replaced them are hot garbage.

This OL isn't even average. All indications so far is that it is well below average. Even an offense with a mobile QB that runs a lot of screens needs an OL that doesn't immediately get blown off the ball, that can provide a little bit of time in the pocket.

notorious
08-29-2014, 10:39 AM
Not shitting on them.

They simply aren't going to be on the field. Ford has been terrible this preseason and OLB wasn't exactly a pressing need this year.

WR was. Secondary was. OL was, after he watched half the line walk out the door.

Our preseason was shit, but part of the reason was development.

During the season the young players will be put in position and situations to succeed. (I hope, anyway.)

Bwana
08-29-2014, 10:40 AM
The line does suck. Smith is going to get killed behind these humps. Someone should start a poll about how many games Smith will last before he's carted off the field from the impending beat downs he's going to endure.

We are the Chiefs.

htismaqe
08-29-2014, 10:42 AM
On the bright side, we can draft another tackle in the first round in a couple of years when Fisher either doesn't pan out or if he does pan out and they don't want to pay him.:)

It will be the latter.

Because Chiefs.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-29-2014, 10:44 AM

The dude routinely stomps his feet and whines like a 10 year old...all the while sucking off average to scrub level players on other teasm.

Sandy Vagina
08-29-2014, 10:47 AM
you going to the clubs?

hehe, nah man, but I'll send you another fruit basket along with a fresh, spiked dildo you love to jam in yo ass. Enjoy, that ain't my scene. :thumb:

L.A. Chieffan
08-29-2014, 10:48 AM
Don't be disingenuous SNR, Colquits contract is 8 mil guaranteed Bowes guarantee is half (granted still way too high) and Sean Smith is only about 7 mil.

Also it doesn't matter how much Fisher is making. You draft a guy a 1.1 and it's the same so if it wasn't Fisher getting the contract it just would've been someone else.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-29-2014, 10:48 AM
This line is a shit show. We lose to the Tits and I go full Count.

KCUnited
08-29-2014, 10:49 AM
Anyone worth looking at in the 1st next year. /October

Hammock Parties
08-29-2014, 10:50 AM
Claythan has become intolerable.

What's intolerable is this shit fucking franchise.

You just don't like someone telling the truth about it.

htismaqe
08-29-2014, 10:53 AM
Don't be disingenuous SNR, Colquits contract is 8 mil guaranteed Bowes guarantee is half (granted still way too high) and Sean Smith is only about 7 mil.

Also it doesn't matter how much Fisher is making. You draft a guy a 1.1 and it's the same so if it wasn't Fisher getting the contract it just would've been someone else.

Part of the justification given to draft Fisher was to save money. Over the life of the contracts, you're not really saving any money.

You saved just enough money LAST YEAR to sign Daniel, Fasano, and bunch of garbage and make it APPEAR like you're competing for a championship...

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-29-2014, 10:53 AM

And I'm not fucking kidding.

When the Chiefs blew their chance to make the playoffs in '96 after SI picked them to go to the SB, I doused my Chiefs Apex hat in lighter fluid, burned it, then pissed on it.

I should have maintained my resolve.

FringeNC
08-29-2014, 10:54 AM
What's intolerable is this shit ****ing franchise.

You have a regime that turned a 2-14 squad into 11-5, and because they passed on Geno Smith, Dorsey and Reid have to go, right? Don't we need just a LITTLE bit more data to conclude these guys don't know what they are doing?

BigMeatballDave
08-29-2014, 10:54 AM
What's intolerable is this shit fucking franchise.

No, we don't NEED anyone telling us about it.

It's fucking football, not life.

Grow a pair, and deal with it.

Dave Lane
08-29-2014, 10:55 AM
The youth of the line has little to do with it. Almost every starter ****ing sucks at football.

Then we have SERIOUSLY wasted a huge number of draft picks.

LoneWolf
08-29-2014, 10:55 AM
Eric Fisher got $22M guaranteed. You do know that right?

I agree that the line has looked like shit and I'm not arguing that letting Albert go was the right move, but comparing Albert and Fisher's contracts is stupid. If the Chiefs would have kept Albert at 25 million guaranteed, they still would have had to pay the 1.1 pick (whoever that may have been) a large guaranteed contract. That would have meant that they would have had to let other players go or get them to restructure. If they would have decided to pay Albert and keep the 1.1 pick, then they wouldn't have been able to resign Bowe (might not have been a bad decision) and they might have had to make a decision about who to keep in the future between Berry and Houston.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2014, 10:56 AM
You have a regime that turned a 2-14 squad into 11-5, and because they passed on Geno Smith, Dorsey and Reid have to go, right? Don't we need just a LITTLE bit more data to conclude these guys don't know what they are doing?

If you can't see the shitshow on the horizon, you are blind.

FYI, they may know what they are doing, but only if they dump Alex and draft a R1QB. They MUST do this, or they don't get it.

Eleazar
What's intolerable is this shit ****ing franchise.

I think we'd all be happy to see you choose another franchise if you're sick of the **** ****ing

dirk digler
Part of the justification given to draft Fisher was to save money. Over the life of the contracts, you're not really saving any money.

You saved just enough money LAST YEAR to sign Daniel, Fasano, and bunch of garbage and make it APPEAR like you're competing for a championship...

The Hunt family ownership way. Just do enough to get butts in the seat..

Dave Lane

Take away the 9-0 run against the Tyler Brays of the world and then how does that look?

The Franchise
I agree that the line has looked like shit and I'm not arguing that letting Albert go was the right move, but comparing Albert and Fisher's contracts is stupid. If the Chiefs would have kept Albert at 25 million guaranteed, they still would have had to pay the 1.1 pick (whoever that may have been) a large guaranteed contract. That would have meant that they would have had to let other players go or get them to restructure. If they would have decided to pay Albert and keep the 1.1 pick, then they wouldn't have been able to resign Bowe (might not have been a bad decision) and they might have had to make a decision about who to keep in the future between Berry and Houston.

Or they could have dumped horrible contracts like Fasano, Daniel, Succop or Avery.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-29-2014, 10:58 AM
This team has no idea how to manage the cap. That's why Denver can add all that talent and we'll keep Succop over a guy who is just as good and makes 1/6 the money.

Easy 6
08-29-2014, 10:59 AM

I'll answer that... considering all of the picks we have next year, hell YES.

FringeNC
08-29-2014, 10:59 AM
If you can't see the shitshow on the horizon, you are blind.

Hilarious. The Vegas over/under for the Chiefs is 8.5 wins. Your hubris is over the top.

FringeNC
08-29-2014, 11:03 AM
Take away the 9-0 run against the Tyler Brays of the world and then how does that look?

The anti-homerism on this board is ruining it. Only on ChiefsPlanet is there an expectation of the Chiefs being one of the worst teams in the NFL.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2014, 11:04 AM
The anti-homerism on this board is ruining it. Only on ChiefsPlanet is there an expectation of the Chiefs being one of the worst teams in the NFL.

Other than fake-ass runs against two of the easiest schedules in franchise history, what else have they been since 2006?

duncan_idaho
08-29-2014, 11:05 AM
This team has no idea how to manage the cap. That's why Denver can add all that talent and we'll keep Succop over a guy who is just as good and makes 1/6 the money.

No idea? Or just an unwillingness to use signing bonuses creatively to open up space and move it forward?

I'll go with the latter.

ThaVirus
I kind of laughed when they said Fulton was LG and Allen the RG, but everything else was spot on.

I mean, the pass blocking efficiency is concerning enough; but what are we averaging per rush thus far? It's got to be something like 2.5 YPC.

I fear not even Jamaal will be able to save us..

htismaqe

They could have picked a CB 1st overall, not signed Sean Smith, and saved money. Not as much as Albert-Fisher but still a couple million in the first year alone.

The could have picked a pass rusher 1st overall and not drafted Dee Ford. Then they could jettison Hali this year and saved $2M MORE than by getting rid of Albert.

They had literally the pick of anybody in the draft. The scenarios are limitless.

There's no way to justify the Fisher-Albert move with cap-onomics.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-29-2014, 11:07 AM
If you had a redraft of 2013 today, does Fisher go in the first two days?

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-29-2014, 11:08 AM
No idea? Or just an unwillingness to use signing bonuses creatively to open up space and move it forward?

I'll go with the latter.

It's not difficult to do so, which leans towards incompetent/no idea. They manage the cap literally.

FringeNC
08-29-2014, 11:08 AM
Other than fake-ass runs against two of the easiest schedules in franchise history, what else have they been since 2006?

Seriously, will you leave the board if the Chiefs have a winning record this year?

Hammock Parties
08-29-2014, 11:10 AM
Seriously, will you leave the board if the Chiefs have a winning record this year?

No. I'll go full homer probably. CHIEFS BABY!

Reerun_KC
08-29-2014, 11:10 AM
If you had a redraft of 2013 today, does Fisher go in the first two days?

You underestimate the ESPN/Kiper hype machine and the retardation that is the Chiefs...

LoneWolf
08-29-2014, 11:11 AM

:LOL: Even if you got him to agree to this, he would welch his way out of leaving if he lost. He has welched on several wagers on this board in the past. He has no integrity or self-respect.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2014, 11:11 AM
:LOL: Even if you got him to agree to this, he would welch his way out of leaving if he lost. He has welched on several wagers on this board in the past. He has no integrity or self-respect.

Absolutely not true, and especially none since you've been here, so how would you even know?

dirk digler
08-29-2014, 11:13 AM

I don't know why anyone would expect this team to be anything other than average or worse. They were 2-6 down the stretch, gave up a 100 pt lead in a playoff game, lost most of the O-Line, didn't address any of their known weaknesses and play a hard schedule. I am thinking 5-11 or 6-10.

duncan_idaho
08-29-2014, 11:14 AM
It's not difficult to do so, which leans towards incompetent/no idea. They manage the cap literally.

Gotta have an owner who's willing to sign the checks for those guaranteed signing bonuses. We've now been through three GMs in the FA era and have never been a franchise that's aggressive with signing bonuses.

Maybe it's just three clueless GMs in a row. Or, maybe, the owners aren't willing to sign the checks...

LoneWolf
08-29-2014, 11:15 AM
Absolutely not true, and especially none since you've been here, so how would you even know?

You welched on your "Alex will never throw for 4 TDs" wager last season, and I believe you and Maverick had a wager that you have welched on. You also posted after the playoff game that you were done posting anything negative about Alex Smith. How's that working out for you?

Hammock Parties
08-29-2014, 11:15 AM
You welched on your "Alex will never throw for 4 TDs" wager last season, and I believe you and Maverick had a wager that you have welched on. You also posted after the playoff game that you were done posting anything negative about Alex Smith. How's that working out for you?

That wasn't a bet with anyone. There must be another party for it to qualify as a bet.

Maverick let me out of our bet.

Keep trying...no welching exists.

FringeNC
08-29-2014, 11:16 AM
I don't know why anyone would expect this team to be anything other than average or worse. They were 2-6 down the stretch, gave up a 100 pt lead in a playoff game, lost most of the O-Line, didn't address any of their known weaknesses and play a hard schedule.

Guys that do it for a living have the Chiefs at 8.5 wins. You've been infected with the anti-homerism meme that the vocal minority relentless pushes on here.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-29-2014, 11:18 AM
Gotta have an owner who's willing to sign the checks for those guaranteed signing bonuses. We've now been through three GMs in the FA era and have never been a franchise that's aggressive with signing bonuses.

Maybe it's just three clueless GMs in a row. Or, maybe, the owners aren't willing to sign the checks...

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think the Chiefs' yearly outlays are drastically below the average NFL team.

LoneWolf
08-29-2014, 11:20 AM
That was just me talking out of my ass. I do that a lot. I hope that if I say enough dumb fucking things on this site that eventually enough of them will prove to be correct that I can say "look at how smart I am."

Maverick got tired of trying to force me to honor our bet.

Keep trying...no integrity exists with me.

FYP

dirk digler
08-29-2014, 11:25 AM
Guys that do it for a living have the Chiefs at 8.5 wins. You've been infected with the anti-homerism meme that the vocal minority relentless pushes on here.

It is not anti-homerism it is reality. This team isn't very good and winning 8 games after being in the playoffs isn't what I would call a step forward.

John Dope
08-29-2014, 11:26 AM
Or they could have dumped horrible contracts like Fasano, Daniel, Succop or Avery.

Oh yeah, they are going to dump three of their guys that they hand picked in free agency and brought in. You're a ****ing idiot. They decided they needed Blowe more than Albert. End of story.

Sully
08-29-2014, 11:27 AM
Coupla things, neither having much to do with the ranking Grantland gave...

A) For years, the intelligent posters on this very board have been raging against the "We've gotta have a great OL" faction. If I'm not mistaken, that's one of the main definitions of the true fan. Now that it plays out in practice, rather than theory, its interesting to see the tantrums.

B) Jon Asomoah was not one of our top 3 linemen.

Hammock Parties
FYP

You're real cute. Ask BossChief if I honor bets.

htismaqe
Oh yeah, they are going to dump three of their guys that they hand picked in free agency and brought in. You're a ****ing idiot. They decided they needed Blowe more than Albert. End of story.

The fact that Fasano and Daniel were "hand-picked" says volumes...

OldSchool

Did you not watch the Eagles in 2012 when they lost Peters for the season? That offense was not good, at all.

John Dope
08-29-2014, 11:30 AM
It is not anti-homerism it is reality. This team isn't very good and winning 8 games after being in the playoffs isn't what I would call a step forward.

We aren't going to go from zero to Superbowl. It's not going to just happen over night. it rarely does. Winning eight games and going two seasons in a row without a losing record for the first time in ages is a step in the right direction. The schedule is harder. Last year we exceeded expectations. Wouldn't eight wins exceed most of your expectations?

John Dope
08-29-2014, 11:31 AM
Did you not watch the Eagles in 2012 when they lost Peters for the season? That offense was not good, at all.

That wasn't the same offense. They had a big armed QB and fast WRs. They didn't run the pistol and they consistently threw it down the field. We don't need that kind of time because we don't throw it down the field very much. We don't have Vick, Jackson, and Maclin.

htismaqe
08-29-2014, 11:31 AM
We aren't going to go from zero to Superbowl. It's not going to just happen over night. it rarely does. Winning eight games and going two seasons in a row without a losing record for the first time in ages is a step in the right direction. The schedule is harder. Last year we exceeded expectations. Wouldn't eight wins exceed most of your expectations?

Nope.

I expect them to build on last year.

That means winning AT LEAST 1 playoff game.

If they're not going to do that, why invest in Alex Smith, Sean Smith, Anthony Fasano, and so on?

Mav
08-29-2014, 11:34 AM

mariota is your PRIZE?

Wow. thank god you are not the GM.

If you want a rookie qb, you want either Kevin Hogan, or Jameis Winston.

But you want KAEPERNICK LITE?

Mav
08-29-2014, 11:35 AM
Nope.

If they're not going to do that, why invest in Alex Smith, Sean Smith, Anthony Fasano, and so on?

Regardless of what happens this season, Fasano, and Sean Smith will be gone.

Alex Smith is 50/50

Hammock Parties
08-29-2014, 11:36 AM

I see him as Russell Wilson on steroids.

Mav
08-29-2014, 11:37 AM
You're real cute. Ask BossChief if I honor bets.

You don't. I still don't have my Alex Smith signature.

You also said that if Alex Smith ever threw 4 tds in a game, you would leave for a year, he threw 5, and you scrubbed every post that you had said that in, as there was more than one.

You are a welching weasel.

No one takes you seriously when you say you aren't a welcher.

And, you admitted that you have welched over on the orange mane.

So, integrity, isn't your strong suit champ.

htismaqe
08-29-2014, 11:38 AM
Regardless of what happens this season, Fasano, and Sean Smith will be gone.

Wouldn't that just prove people's points that last year was a facade?

John Dope
Nope.

Again, if you don't expect too much, you won't get let down. How realistic are those expectations? They've already invested in those guys. Are you going to leave and come back AGAIN if they don't win a playoff game? Word on the street is you left when they didn't draft Geno and came back when we made the playoffs. I know you are a product of entitlement. It's pretty funny that you didn't learn anything from that.

dirk digler

htismaqe's post answers this perfectly for me.

htismaqe
mariota is your PRIZE?

No.

Fuck no.

Mav
I see him as Russell Wilson on steroids.

Russell Wilson ran a pro system his entire career in college.

mariota runs a spread system, doesn't have to read defenses, and doesn't throw deep all that often.

Which, If I remember correctly, is YOUR THING.

Like I said.

If you want a qb, and im not a Winston guy, I cant stand him as a prospect, you want Winston, or Hogan.

Hogan has everything.

Winston probably has the best deep ball in college.

Mariota.....WOW.

Your second is probably hundley huh?

bdj23
08-29-2014, 11:39 AM

And I'm not ****ing kidding.

Will that get rid of you?

Hammock Parties
08-29-2014, 11:39 AM
Your second is probably hundley huh?

Yes.

Jameis Winston scares me. His attitude is all wrong for the pros.

But I'll take him over Alex.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2014, 11:40 AM
Will that get rid of you?

Yes. Not kidding.

Mav
08-29-2014, 11:41 AM
Wouldn't that just prove people's points that last year was a facade?

Uh, no?

that proves that teams are always constantly changing.

Sean Smith was an immediate fix, and they drafted Travis kelce to be the future of the position, and Fasano is getting old.

you adapt, or you die.

Maintaining 10+ win seasons is not easy to do.

That's why only a select few franchises have managed to do that for multiple seasons.

Do you know how many teams currently have a string of consecutive 10 win seasons going for more than two season?

pssst.

There are only two.

John Dope
08-29-2014, 11:41 AM
Mariotta and Hundley are going to drop just like the rest of the recent spreadsters.

They'll get over hyped here and by the draft gurus only to plummet like Bridgwater and Geno.

htismaqe
08-29-2014, 11:42 AM
Again, if you don't expect too much, you won't get let down. How realistic are those expectations?

Nothing the Chiefs could do next season will let me down. They don't have that power over me.

Word on the street is you left when they didn't draft Geno and came back when we made the playoffs.

ROFL

This is a direct contradiction to what you said the other day, Bob. You do know that everybody ALREADY KNOWS you're BlackBob, right? You can't backpedal and cover your tracks. People aren't stupid.

Ming the Merciless
08-29-2014, 11:43 AM

I dont see 8.5 anywhere....

Link me bro

I would like to take the under on that

Mav
08-29-2014, 11:44 AM
Yes.

mariota and hundley are gimmick qbs.

They are never going to be chiefs. They cant read defenses.

I cant believe you don't love Winston. he has the best deep ball in college, even If I do whole heartedly agree with you on him as a prospect.

my top 3 are Hogan, (hes a great pro prospect) Mannion, (has a lot of skills), and Bryce Petty of Baylor.

John Dope
08-29-2014, 11:45 AM
Why do you insist that I am blackbob hitsmaq? I'm not covering tracks.

Did you leave when we didn't draft Geno and come back when we made the playoffs? Yes or no?

htismaqe
08-29-2014, 11:46 AM

I cant believe you don't love Winston. he has the best deep ball in college, even If I do whole heartedly agree with you on him as a prospect.

my top 3 are Hogan, (hes a great pro prospect) Mannion, (has a lot of skills), and Bryce Petty of Baylor.

Petty plays in a gimmicky system too.

Mav
08-29-2014, 11:47 AM
Petty plays in a gimmicky system too.

He can stretch the field like no one else.

And while the system itself is gimmicky, unlike mariota, and Hundley, he can make every throw from the pocket.

Which you have to be able to do at the pro level.

hes better than Geno as a pure thrower.

And I liked Geno in that role.

htismaqe
08-29-2014, 11:47 AM
Why do you insist that I am blackbob? I'm not covering tracks.

Dude, you are BlackBob, everybody knows it. You're not fooling anybody. You do know this board tracks activity right? Timestamps, IP addresses, etc. Right?

Did you leave when we didn't draft Geno and come back when we made the playoffs? Yes or no?

No, I didn't.

I left a few weeks before the draft ever happened.

And I came back about week 13 or so.

Sorry, Bob. You're wrong, as usual.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2014, 11:48 AM

I'm having trouble giving a fuck.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-gu8qqsxFbBQ/UiwrSmoj_8I/AAAAAAAAQN8/q7XE-rz9vZQ/s1600/MarcusSpeed.gif

http://giant.gfycat.com/RealisticQuarterlyBluegill.gif

John Dope
08-29-2014, 11:50 AM
I'm having trouble giving a ****.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-gu8qqsxFbBQ/UiwrSmoj_8I/AAAAAAAAQN8/q7XE-rz9vZQ/s1600/MarcusSpeed.gif

Interesting... Funny how you never account for Alex's rushing ability.

Mav
08-29-2014, 11:50 AM
I'm having trouble giving a ****.

you want me to gif some alex smith plays from college?

splatbass
08-29-2014, 11:53 AM

So?

Hammock Parties
08-29-2014, 11:53 AM
Interesting... Funny how you never account for Alex's rushing ability.

His running ability is diminished because defenses don't respect his arm.

Mariota has the physical talent of Colin Kaepernick and isn't a douchebag.

Dave Lane
08-29-2014, 11:54 AM
This is of note for next week:

Tennessee Titans, running backs

Tennessee has spent the past two offseasons building up its offensive line — taking Chance Warmack 10th overall a year ago, signing Andy Levitre to a big deal in free agency, and following those moves by drafting Taylor Lewan at no. 11. It’s a shame those guys don’t have anyone to block for.

Bishop Sankey may turn into a quality running back, but right now, he’s just a rookie who can’t beat out Shonn Greene. Greene remains the starter in Tennessee, which doesn’t inspire much confidence in the Titans’ ground game. He got a pretty nice deal to come to Tennessee after losing his job with the Jets, but that was a contract people were panning even as it happened. I’m not sure there’s a less exciting option available. Since the start of the 2009 season — Greene’s first in the league; he’s already 29! — Greene has had 14 runs of 20 yards or more. That’s one fewer than Justin Forsett, who’s done it on 552 fewer carries. Mike Tolbert has 13; he’s carried the ball 403 fewer times and is also Mike Tolbert. Whatever the opposite of “pop” is, that’s what your offense has with Shonn Greene at running back.

duncan_idaho
08-29-2014, 11:56 AM
Coupla things, neither having much to do with the ranking Grantland gave...

A) For years, the intelligent posters on this very board have been raging against the "We've gotta have a great OL" faction. If I'm not mistaken, that's one of the main definitions of the true fan. Now that it plays out in practice, rather than theory, its interesting to see the tantrums.

B) Jon Asomoah was not one of our top 3 linemen.

There's a difference between railing against the thought that you need a line full of home-drafted, first-round picks to have a really good OL. and the idea that you can't succeed with a bottom 5 OL.

Good GMs can build solid (and sometimes even superstar) OL groups using a variety of sources. They don't need all first rounders to make an OL work.

htismaqe
08-29-2014, 11:56 AM
There's a difference between railing against the thought that you need a line full of home-drafted, first-round picks to have a really good OL. and the idea that you can't succeed with a bottom 5 OL.

Good GMs can build solid (and sometimes even superstar) OL groups using a variety of sources. They don't need all first rounders to make an OL work.

Exactly.

John Dope
08-29-2014, 11:57 AM
His running ability is diminished because defenses don't respect his arm.

Mariota has the physical talent of Colin Kaepernick and isn't a douchebag.

Does he have the physical talent to go #1 in the draft like Alex Smith? I'd like you to go on the record.

RealSNR
08-29-2014, 11:58 AM

And you've only been around this board since July of 2014?

Fuck you, Black Bob.

OldSchool
08-29-2014, 11:59 AM
mariota is your PRIZE?

Mariota> Kaepernick

He can actually throw the ball with some touch and has a better feel for the position. Kaepernick is an athlete trying to play the QB position, Mariota is a QB who happens to be an elite athlete.

John Dope
08-29-2014, 11:59 AM

Yep, teams like Green Bay (where Dorsey learned) make it with average o-lines all the time.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2014, 12:00 PM
Mariota> Kaepernick

He can actually throw the ball with some touch and has a better feel for the position. Kaepernick is an athlete trying to play the QB position, Mariota is a QB who happens to be an elite athlete.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Mariota is smooth. He gets my phootball phallus phirin!

John Dope

**** you, Black Bob.

Fuck you. I ain't blackbob. I've been lurking for a while.

Red Dawg
Yes.

Winston sucks. He will bomb in the NFL due to lack of mental short comings. Just like most do.

Hammock Parties
Winston sucks. He will bomb in the NFL due to lack of mental short comings. Just like most do.

He reminds me a lot of JaMarcus Russell.

OldSchool
08-29-2014, 12:01 PM
That wasn't the same offense. They had a big armed QB and fast WRs. They didn't run the pistol and they consistently threw it down the field. We don't need that kind of time because we don't throw it down the field very much. We don't have Vick, Jackson, and Maclin.

We don't throw it down the field a lot because we don't have the OL that can hold up in pass protection for downfield routes to develop.

RealSNR
08-29-2014, 12:01 PM
Word on the street is you left when they didn't draft Geno and came back when we made the playoffs.

"Word on the street" LMAO LMAO

Who said that, Bob? Show us your "word on the street." I have seen no conversation whatsoever taking place about that.

Mav
08-29-2014, 12:02 PM
He reminds me a lot of JaMarcus Russell.
From a play stand point, he reminds me of mcnabb. Mentally a rock though.

RealSNR
08-29-2014, 12:03 PM

And also rape.

Old Dog
08-29-2014, 12:04 PM
The Vegas over/under for the Chiefs is 8.5 wins.

Incorrect, it's 8. And to bet the under it currently costs $155 to win $100 while you need only bet $100 to win $125.

Hoover
08-29-2014, 12:04 PM
Our line isn't very good. I get that, but I'm glad we didn't shell out a ton of money to keep Albert or Asamoah. I could go either way on Schwartz.

I'm sure you guys will all love the draft picks we are going to get next year.

Easy 6
08-29-2014, 12:06 PM

**** you, Black Bob.

LMAO busted.

BWillie
08-29-2014, 12:10 PM
Why don't we have Asamoah still? he was decent.

RealSNR
08-29-2014, 12:32 PM
Why don't we have Asamoah still? he was decent.

Sucked ass last year. Whether that's due to being a misfit in the new offense/scheme or due to sucking, he had to go. Wasn't worth the money at all.

John Dope
08-29-2014, 12:33 PM

Who said that, Bob? Show us your "word on the street." I have seen no conversation whatsoever taking place about that.

I thought I saw it in the Top 100 roast thread. I thought you were supposed to be nice?

Sorry if I was mistaken htismaqe. It must have been someone else.

The Franchise
08-29-2014, 12:33 PM
Fuck you. I ain't blackbob. I've been lurking for a while.

Really? Lurking but you decided to create a new account in July of this year to finally post?

Fuck you, Bob.

John Dope
08-29-2014, 12:37 PM
Really? Lurking but you decided to create a new account in July of this year to finally post?

**** you, Bob.

Yes, it was right before training camp. Is that weird? I thought you were supposed to be nice too dickweed.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-29-2014, 12:37 PM

I would love to believe this.

But.....

Chiefs.

FringeNC
08-29-2014, 12:39 PM
I dont see 8.5 anywhere....

Link me bro

I would like to take the under on that

Last time I looked it was 8.5, whether it is 8 or 8.5, the point doesn't change that Vegas thinks we'll be A LOT better than you guys do. 8 wins with our schedule = above average team. Hardly the sky is falling nonsense that infects this place.

htismaqe
08-29-2014, 12:41 PM

You haven't? I have.

This was posted on the 25th of August.

You have been condescending about any objectivity and clearly pushing your agenda. The fact of the matter is that Alex wins games and that's all that matters. I don't see why you are bitching. You declared you would never come back to this board after we didn't draft Geno. After Alex started winning you came back. You can't be picky about 11-5. You shouldn't take that for granted. You are entitled to nothing man. Be happy that we had a winning season and give Alex a break if he is winning most of his games for us. That's all I am saying. There is no secret formula here. This isn't the Coca Cola Company.

Oopsie!

htismaqe
08-29-2014, 12:41 PM
I thought I saw it in the Top 100 roast thread. I thought you were supposed to be nice?

Sorry if I was mistaken htismaqe. It must have been someone else.

ROFL

jd1020
08-29-2014, 01:02 PM
The dude routinely stomps his feet and whines like a 10 year old...all the while sucking off average to scrub level players on other teasm.

LMAO

The only "other players on other teams" I "suck off" are still in college.

I'd have a hard time naming 5 players on any given team not named the Chiefs.

Nice try, I guess.

MahiMike
08-29-2014, 01:17 PM
It's Alex' fault.

ImJustBeingTrill
08-29-2014, 01:21 PM

Take a few shots of bleach while you're at it.

The Franchise
08-29-2014, 01:27 PM
Take a few shots of bleach while you're at it.

Who's dup is this?

ImJustBeingTrill
08-29-2014, 01:28 PM
Who's dup is this?

You can have the whole jug brother

Mav
08-29-2014, 01:32 PM
Who's dup is this?
Free wifi!

OldSchool
08-29-2014, 02:16 PM
Good news for our OL. Aldon Smith is going to be out until week 11, banned for 9 games. Fisher will still probably get his shit pushed in by the backups though with the way he's been playing, lol.

RealSNR
08-29-2014, 02:18 PM
Good news for our OL. Aldon Smith is going to be out until week 11, banned for 9 games. Fisher will still probably get his shit pushed in by the backups though with the way he's been playing, lol.

Depends. Does Parys Haralson play for them?

OldSchool
08-29-2014, 02:19 PM

Nah, it'll be Skuta or Lemonier according to Roto.

John Dope

He was a Saint last year...

Hammock Parties
Nah, it'll be Skuta or Lemonier according to Roto.

Our savagery at the hands of the 49ers will henceforth be referred to as "Lemonier Party."

OldSchool
08-29-2014, 02:37 PM
Our savagery at the hands of the 49ers will henceforth be referred to as "Lemonier Party."
Well, the only ones that we have to really worry about now are Brooks, Justin Smith, Ray MacDonald, and Patrick Willis. Without Bowman and Aldon Smith, that defense doesn't look too scary though they do run a more effective scheme than ours.

Marcellus
08-29-2014, 02:39 PM
This is setting up perfectly for the 2015 Chiefs having the most improved offensive line.

The Franchise
08-29-2014, 02:41 PM
This is setting up perfectly for the 2015 Chiefs having the most improved offensive line.

That before or after the 1st round OG?

Marcellus
08-29-2014, 02:44 PM
That before or after the 1st round OG?

OL in every round. Bank on it.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-29-2014, 02:48 PM

Another great post.

htismaqe
08-29-2014, 02:48 PM

ROFL

RealSNR
08-29-2014, 02:57 PM
So I guess Mike McGlynn played not terribly in limited action last night? I wasn't able to see the 1st quarter last night, so I don't know. This is just coming from Mitch Holthus, which could be all garbage.

Anybody want to see him start at LG over Allen?

Exoter175
08-29-2014, 02:58 PM
So I guess Mike McGlynn played not terribly in limited action last night? I wasn't able to see the 1st quarter last night, so I don't know. This is just coming from Mitch Holthus, which could be all garbage.

He and Tardif didn't look bad last night from what I remember they got in quite a few snaps together towards the end.

The Franchise
08-29-2014, 02:59 PM

I think you're going to see him start at LG because they're planning on starting Allen at RT while Stephenson is out.

Exoter175
08-29-2014, 03:02 PM
I think you're going to see him start at LG because they're planning on starting Allen at RT while Stephenson is out.

Weren't they playing Harris at RT during the Vikings game immediately after the news broke on Stephenson? I know they were at least rotating the two, and last night they were talking about Linkenbach at the Tackle spot on 101.

RealSNR
08-29-2014, 03:04 PM
Weren't they playing Harris at RT during the Vikings game immediately after the news broke on Stephenson? I know they were at least rotating the two, and last night they were talking about Linkenbach at the Tackle spot on 101.

Linkenbach plays everything. He plays everything poorly, but he has experience at nearly all the positions on the line.

He's not a good option as a starter if there's a guy out there like McGlynn who can do a better job.

OldSchool
08-29-2014, 03:04 PM
Ricky Henry looked the best at LG in week 3, Linkenbach got his shit pushed in a lot. I hope it's Henry out there week 1, he stands a better chance against the Titan's interior pass rushers simply because he seems to have a much scrapier attitude than our other interior OL players.

OldSchool
08-29-2014, 03:06 PM

It was Allen out there with the first team. It was the best I've seen him look, even though he had a mental error in blitz pickup that allowed a sack. I think that Allen should stay at RT.

The Franchise
08-29-2014, 03:06 PM

I'm going back now and paying attention to how McGlynn played.

Sandy Vagina
08-29-2014, 03:08 PM
Pretty sure McGlynn started game 4 at LG, and yeah, he did a decent job. Nothing that stood out as awful.

Mav
08-29-2014, 03:08 PM
I'm going back now and paying attention to how McGlynn played.

I thought he played well.

couple plays I was like wow.

Exoter175
08-29-2014, 03:11 PM
Linkenbach plays everything. He plays everything poorly, but he has experience at nearly all the positions on the line.

He's not a good option as a starter if there's a guy out there like McGlynn who can do a better job.

He's certainly got a beat on him with our playbook though, which is what makes me think they might be right about Linkenbach.

It was Allen out there with the first team. It was the best I've seen him look, even though he had a mental error in blitz pickup that allowed a sack. I think that Allen should stay at RT.

So you'd have Fisher, Fulton, Hudson, (insert rotation here) and Allen for your starting 5 day 1?

htismaqe
08-29-2014, 03:12 PM

Allen was a decent college tackle. Makes sense.

ShowtimeSBMVP
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Bills have been gauging interest in OL Kraig Urbik, set to make $2.275M this season, and seemingly falling out of favor</p>&mdash; Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/statuses/505462709664886784">August 29, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

htismaqe
So you'd have Fisher, Fulton, Hudson, (insert rotation here) and Allen for your starting 5 day 1?

I think you have to settle on SOMEBODY and let the line try to get some cohesion.

Easy 6
08-29-2014, 03:13 PM
Ricky Henry looked the best at LG in week 3, Linkenbach got his shit pushed in a lot. I hope it's Henry out there week 1, he stands a better chance against the Titan's interior pass rushers simply because he seems to have a much scrapier attitude than our other interior OL players.

Yep, all other things being roughly equal, I'll take the guy with the nastier attitude every single time... this line reeally needs that kind of sparkplug, has for ten years.

RealSNR
08-29-2014, 03:15 PM

Allen has looked better at RT than he's looked at LG in the Bengals and Panthers preseason games.

Mav
08-29-2014, 03:15 PM
Allen has looked better at RT than he's looked at LG in the Bengals and Panthers preseason games.

maybe he is not strong enough for guard?

htismaqe
08-29-2014, 03:17 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Bills have been gauging interest in OL Kraig Urbik, set to make $2.275M this season, and seemingly falling out of favor</p>&mdash; Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/statuses/505462709664886784">August 29, 2014</a></blockquote>

I'd prefer not to give up picks at this point. This would be a panic move.

Exoter175
08-29-2014, 03:18 PM
I think you have to settle on SOMEBODY and let the line try to get some cohesion.

I completely agree with that, which is why I love seeing Fulton out there on the left side on day 1. Not just because the guy has a beat on everybody already, but because you need to establish that working relationship with the guy next to you.

It worked almost two decades ago for us, and you gotta think, Stephenson, Allen, Hudson, Fisher, and Fulton are all in their first 3 years of play. Now's the time to get them together and pour the foundation.

I don't think Tardif makes the 53 man roster, guy needs to work on technique a little, but I think you can toss a guy like Harris, McGlynn, Linkenbach in there until Stephensons suspension is up, but get them back to shape when its over. Unless Allen truly doesn't pan out, and its hard to say he wouldn't IMO.

Eventually something's going to stick with Fisher and he'll turn into at least a serviceable LT for us.

Sandy Vagina
08-29-2014, 03:20 PM

Yeah, Link played well at RG and RT week 2, but sucked at LG week 3. Have not yet watched him closely in week 4.

LT / Fisher vs Ryan
LG / McGlynn vs Henry
C / Hudson
RG / Linkenbach vs McGlynn
RT / Allen vs Link

I'd probably give this the look for a day or two of practice.. quickly decide.. then work the shit out of them in various blitz pickups, to minimize the free rush fails.

Chiefnj2
08-29-2014, 03:21 PM
I don't know why they drafted Fulton. Every single scouting report on him talked being a mauler, but lost in space. Andy loves, adores and is otherwise infatuated with screens. Why draft a guard with two left feet if you need him to pull or get downfield? Doesn't seem like a good fit.

ChiefsCountry

A player who has played tackle his whole life looks better at his natural position. Allen's best position should be swing tackle not guard.

The Franchise
I think the only "battle" will be between Harris and Allen for RT.

htismaqe
08-29-2014, 03:23 PM
I don't know why they drafted Fulton. Every single scouting report on him talked being a mauler, but lost in space. Andy loves, adores and is otherwise infatuated with screens. Why draft a guard with two left feet if you need him to pull or get downfield? Doesn't seem like a good fit.

This.

OldSchool
08-29-2014, 03:24 PM

I'd go Fisher, Henry, Kush, Hudson, Allen if it were me. If Fisher shows no improvement and continues to stink up until the BYE, I'm switching his ass out for Harris who can't possibly be any worse and at least has the strength to hold up against NFL rushers.

RealSNR
08-29-2014, 03:29 PM
I'd prefer not to give up picks at this point. This would be a panic move.

They're looking for a #2 QB. Daniel would be perfect.

Throw in a 7th rounder or some shit like that if that's not enough.

Exoter175
08-29-2014, 03:29 PM
Yeah, Link played well at RG and RT week 2, but sucked at LG week 3. Have not yet watched him closely in week 4.

LT / Fisher vs Ryan
LG / McGlynn vs Henry
C / Hudson
RT / Allen vs Link

I'd probably give this the look for a day or two of practice.. quickly decide.. then work the shit out of them in various blitz pickups, to minimize the free rush fails.

You're forgetting about Fulton who is inked up as the starter at RG right now and having arguably the best pre-season in terms of consistency as any of our guys out there. Though that isn't a compliment as it should have been lol.

I'd go Fisher, Henry, Kush, Hudson, Allen if it were me. If Fisher shows no improvement and continues to stink up until the BYE, I'm switching his ass out for Harris who can't possibly be any worse and at least has the strength to hold up against NFL rushers.

You'd move Hudson to RG where we have Fulton as the starter already, and bring in Kush for Center but leave Henry at LG?

I think if anything like that were to happen, you'd have Fisher, Fulton, Kush, Hudson, Allen, and go to town on the left side and pull Hudson over, he's got fancy feet.

The Franchise
08-29-2014, 03:30 PM

Daniel straight up for Urbik.

htismaqe
08-29-2014, 03:31 PM

I'm fine with that.

Exoter175
08-29-2014, 03:31 PM

Urbik's actually pretty good, total upgrade for us and with as many "guard/hybrid" types that we have on this team as it is, we could put together a pretty run dominant line with Urbik anchoring either Guard spot. On top of that, they'd probably be the ones to give us the extra draft pick with Chase since the market for #2's is starting to grow as of this last week.

The Franchise
08-29-2014, 03:33 PM
Fisher - McGlynn - Hudson - Urbik - Allen

OldSchool
08-29-2014, 03:35 PM

LT / Fisher vs Ryan
LG / McGlynn vs Henry
C / Hudson
RT / Allen vs Link

They honestly should have tried mixing things up in the Pre-Season games with the 1st team since week 1 if they were really honest about getting the best 5 out there. I hope that they really figure it out over the next 9 or so days.

IMO, this would be the optimal setup:

LT: Fisher - let him face the fire this season and see if he can rise above it.
LG: Henry/Hudson - Henry based on what I saw week 3. Hudson if you are concerned about having a vet presence next to Fisher.
C: Hudson/Kush- Hudson if you want continuity between center and QB and communication chain on OL. Kush if you want to shore up another position on the OL.
RG: Linkenbach/McGlynn - anything but Fulton who sucks dog turd and is a big reason why we can't run to the right, defenders can run circles around him.
RT: Allen - He looked way better than either Fisher or Stephenson while out at tackle. Looked a lot more comfortable here where he was matched up against guys that he could beat in terms of strength and weight. He had much better fundamentals because he wasn't overcompensating by leaning too far forward, which is what got him beat badly by Star.

Harris can be the swing guy and replace Fisher if Fisher shows no improvements up to the BYE week. That's when you pull that experiment for the season, tell him to get into the weight room, get into the swing tackle role, and wait for his next chance to prove his worth on the field.

RealSNR
08-29-2014, 03:37 PM
Fisher - McGlynn - Hudson - Urbik - Allen

I think something like that would at least get us to the level of OL play that we had last year in the first 8 games or so.

The Franchise
08-29-2014, 03:38 PM
They honestly should have tried mixing things up in the Pre-Season games with the 1st team since week 1 if they were really honest about getting the best 5 out there. I hope that they really figure it out over the next 9 or so days.

LG: Henry/Hudson - Henry based on what I saw week 3. Hudson if you are concerned about having a vet presence next to Fisher.
C: Hudson/Kush- Hudson if you want continuity between center and QB and communication chain on OL. Kush if you want to shore up another position on the OL.
RG: Linkenbach/McGlynn - anything but Fulton who sucks dog turd and is a big reason why we can't run to the right, defenders can run circles around him.
RT: Allen - He looked way better than either Fisher or Stephenson while out at tackle. Looked a lot more comfortable here where he was matched up against guys that he could beat in terms of strength and weight. He had much better fundamentals because he wasn't overcompensating by leaning too far forward, which is what got him beat badly by Star.

Harris can be the swing guy and replace Fisher if Fisher shows no improvements up to the BYE week. That's when you pull that experiment for the season, tell him to get into the weight room, get into the swing tackle role, and wait for his next chance to prove his worth on the field.

How shitty would it fucking be if Allen ended up being the best tackle out of the three (Fisher, Stephenson and Allen).

ShowtimeSBMVP
08-29-2014, 03:38 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a> should get interest from teams looking for a QB. 3 backup QBs--all offer value.</p>&mdash; Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) <a href="https://twitter.com/caplannfl/statuses/505469432781889537">August 29, 2014</a></blockquote>

Sandy Vagina
08-29-2014, 03:39 PM

yeah, looks pretty good... well... good as it gets this yr barring some OL trade.

Exoter175
I think something like that would at least get us to the level of OL play that we had last year in the first 8 games or so.

I don't know about "above", Asamoah and Schwartz were on fire through the first 8, but I'd certainly sleep at night with that line, but that means we have to get Urbik, and this FO doesn't seem all about "snagging someone" right before the start of the season. They tend to draft their own guys and go "next man up", which is why you're going to see Fulton at least half the season on the Left or Right this year.

OldSchool
You're forgetting about Fulton who is inked up as the starter at RG right now and having arguably the best pre-season in terms of consistency as any of our guys out there. Though that isn't a compliment as it should have been lol.

You'd move Hudson to RG where we have Fulton as the starter already, and bring in Kush for Center but leave Henry at LG?

I think if anything like that were to happen, you'd have Fisher, Fulton, Kush, Hudson, Allen, and go to town on the left side and pull Hudson over, he's got fancy feet.

Fulton is terrible out there. Sure he has a strong anchor but that doesn't matter when he can't stay in front of his man and even DTs can run circles around him. The guy can't block in space and anything that requires movement up front falls to shit because it's very easy for defenders to beat his blocks with quickness.

RealSNR
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a> should get interest from teams looking for a QB. 3 backup QBs--all offer value.</p>&mdash; Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) <a href="https://twitter.com/caplannfl/statuses/505469432781889537">August 29, 2014</a></blockquote>

Oh man. I was just throwing shit around earlier about Daniel. I wasn't being serious.

But if this is true? Holy shit. When's the last time another team traded for a KANSAS CITY QB?