PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chris Clemons?

pugsnotdrugs19
09-01-2014, 10:22 AM
This guy just got cut despite being PFF's #16 ranked safety during preseason. Would honestly probably start here... this is a key move if they can pull it off.

ThaVirus
09-01-2014, 10:28 AM
He got cut for real? Bring that motherfucker in. Pronto.

BlackHelicopters
09-01-2014, 10:29 AM
MOAR

TribalElder
09-01-2014, 10:37 AM
CHIEFS SHOULD GO FULL PIOLI AND TAKE THIS GUY TO JACK STACK IMMEDIATELY....!

IT WORKED FOR ERIC WINSTON

IT CAN WORK AGAIN

MahiMike
09-01-2014, 10:48 AM
CHIEFS SHOULD GO FULL PIOLI AND TAKE THIS GUY TO JACK STACK IMMEDIATELY....!

IT WORKED FOR ERIC WINSTON

IT CAN WORK AGAIN

Winston is available again too!

Urc Burry
09-01-2014, 10:49 AM
The guy Kendrick Lewis beat out?

ThaVirus
09-01-2014, 10:51 AM
The guy Kendrick Lewis beat out?

Romeo is in Houston now so I'd bet that had something to do with him winning out..

But Clemons HAS to be better than Sorenson, that's for damn sure.

If I remember right, he signed a pretty minimal contract. It wasn't league min, but now that he's been cut maybe he might accept a deal around that area to stay in the NFL.

Easy 6
09-01-2014, 10:52 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jSHDIeb46TM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-01-2014, 10:53 AM
And WHYYYYY was he cut ???????????????????????????????????

pugsnotdrugs19
09-01-2014, 10:56 AM
He was cut so they could make room to bring Danieal Manning back. Bottom line, he was good last year (19th ranked safety) and in preseason (16th). He is better than our backups, no question.

bevischief
09-01-2014, 11:02 AM
To the ship.

Dunerdr
09-01-2014, 11:03 AM
Q

TLO
09-01-2014, 11:04 AM
I'd kick the tires on him.

chiefzilla1501
09-01-2014, 11:06 AM
He was cut so they could make room to bring Danieal Manning back. Bottom line, he was good last year (19th ranked safety) and in preseason (16th). He is better than our backups, no question.

Miami didn't want him
Houston signed him for nothing. Took forever to find a team to even sign him for nothing
Houston cut him on a roster that sucks with safety talent and then signed a safety reject
Clemons is sitting on the market with no takers

There's something bigger going on here. No starter has this hard of a time landing a roster spot on a team.

John Dope
09-01-2014, 11:08 AM
He sucks. Pff is wrong. He couldn't even make a team that has Kendrick Lewis on it. There is a reason he lasted so long in free agency.

Easy 6
09-01-2014, 11:10 AM
Miami didn't want him
Houston signed him for nothing. Took forever to find a team to even sign him for nothing
Houston cut him on a roster that sucks with safety talent and then signed a safety reject
Clemons is sitting on the market with no takers

There's something bigger going on here. No starter has this hard of a time landing a roster spot on a team.

Yepper

Dave Lane
09-01-2014, 11:21 AM
He got cut for real? Bring that mother****er in. Pronto.

Yeah he lost out to Kendrick Lewis and he's not a Mormon. Pass.

Wilson8
09-01-2014, 11:57 AM
Five months ago Chris Clemons signed a 2 year, $2.7 million deal with the Texans. The deal had a $450,000 which Clemons gets even after being cut.

Coming out of college at Clemson he had excellent speed for a safety, 4.4 40 time. He is 28 years old, 6-1 214 and had 93 tackles in 2013 and 98 tackles in 2012 for the Dolphins.

But Kendrick Lewis beating him out and the Texans just throwing away $450,000 says something is wrong.

Still KC really needs safety help. It seems they should at least look at Chris Clemons and try and figure out what the problem might be.

Bowser
09-01-2014, 12:01 PM
So the thinking is that Clemons is NOT better than Kelcie McCray or Daniel Sorenson and wouldn't be worth the time?

Let's just say that I'm skeptical of that being true.

Simplicity
09-01-2014, 12:07 PM
You guys really think Kendrick Lewis is better the Clemons?

There's most likely something else going on with him but it's most likely not his talent level lost to Lewis.

Bring him in and ask questions, wouldn't hurt.

DTLB58
09-01-2014, 12:09 PM
Romeo is in Houston now so I'd bet that had something to do with him winning out..

But Clemons HAS to be better than Sorenson, that's for damn sure.

If I remember right, he signed a pretty minimal contract. It wasn't league min, but now that he's been cut maybe he might accept a deal around that area to stay in the NFL.

Just as Romeo is in Houston for Lewis , Reid is in KC and some coaches just grow attached to some players and apparently Reid likes Sorenson, for now.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-01-2014, 12:15 PM
Dude has to suck ass. PFF does have flaws.

chiefzilla1501
09-01-2014, 12:16 PM
You guys really don't think Kendrick Lewis is better the Clemons do you?

There's most likely something else going on with him but it's most likely not his talent level lost to Lewis.

Bring him in and ask questions, wouldn't hurt.

He costed nothing for Houston to keep. He didn't get cut because he lacks talent. Clearly.

There has to be something going on where the team does not want him in their locker room. I know he's worlds better than anyone we have outside of Berry. 31 other teams probably feel the same way -- I mean, even if he doesn't start for another team, what team wouldn't jump at the chance to sign a player of his talent for less than a million?

The fact that no other team wants him, even teams like the Bengals and Cowboys and Raiders who bet on these teams all the time, tells a scary story.

Wilson8
09-01-2014, 12:23 PM
I think Chris Clemons goes back to Miami. He knows the Miami Dolphins defense from the past two years. Dolphins have been cutting and signing safeties in the past few days. It seems Clemons would be an upgrade to what they are signing. Also he will probably come pretty cheap.

With the same kind of thinking, Chiefs really do need to give him a serious look.

Skyy God
09-01-2014, 12:29 PM
Must have EbolaAIDS.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-01-2014, 12:34 PM
So tired of the....but but but he has to be better than what they have. Apparently not.

SAUTO
09-01-2014, 12:44 PM
He costed nothing for Houston to keep. He didn't get cut because he lacks talent. Clearly.

There has to be something going on where the team does not want him in their locker room. I know he's worlds better than anyone we have outside of Berry. 31 other teams probably feel the same way -- I mean, even if he doesn't start for another team, what team wouldn't jump at the chance to sign a player of his talent for less than a million?

The fact that no other team wants him, even teams like the Bengals and Cowboys and Raiders who bet on these teams all the time, tells a scary story.
Has anything ever been said about any issues? any rumors he's a cancer? What scary story?
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
09-01-2014, 12:54 PM
I can't find anything that even hints at him being a problem.
Posted via Mobile Device

penbrook
09-01-2014, 12:58 PM
I can't find anything that even hints at him being a problem.
Posted via Mobile Device

They said it could be that he was out of shape when he showed up but his gameplay doesn't prove that

booger
09-01-2014, 01:00 PM
They said it could be that he was out of shape when he showed up but his gameplay doesn't prove that

He wouldn't beat off Kendrick Lewis

SAUTO
09-01-2014, 01:02 PM

Zilla is acting like he's a cancer. Why else would he say they don't want him in the locker room
Posted via Mobile Device

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-01-2014, 01:06 PM
Maybe he's Michael Sam's ................. uh nevermind !

chiefzilla1501
09-01-2014, 01:07 PM
Has anything ever been said about any issues? any rumors he's a cancer? What scary story?
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm trying to make sense of what happened. I have no idea what is actually up with him. But it is so bizarre that is has to be something. Haven't heard anything about an injury. Maybe he's overweight but lots of teams would pay $1M for that and then condition him.

As of right now, the Dolphins dumped him and even though they need safety help, won't even bring him back to play for a measley 1 or 2 mill. The Texans cut him and then signed a garbage journeyman. He is a 28 year old quality starter who costs nothing yet he's been cut twice and in two separate instances, NOBODY wants to pick him up. Something's fishy.

SAUTO
09-01-2014, 01:15 PM
The texans signed a guy rated higher on pff...
Posted via Mobile Device

Dave Lane
09-01-2014, 02:00 PM
The texans signed a guy rated higher on pff...
Posted via Mobile Device

I have no problem picking him up, but theres a red flag somewhere

ThaVirus
09-01-2014, 02:03 PM
He wouldn't beat off Kendrick Lewis

I mean, that's none of my business but I don't blame him.

You think you'd beat off Kendrick Lewis?

OldSchool
09-01-2014, 02:06 PM
It has to have something to do with off the field stuff. He's either lazy in his prep, Charles Haley in the locker room, lazy in meeting rooms, or has absolutely no motivation and it rubs off on other players. The thing I find most curious is that there hasn't been a single peep about him, positive or negative. What gives?

booger
09-01-2014, 02:25 PM
I mean, that's none of my business but I don't blame him.

You think you'd beat off Kendrick Lewis?

I wouldn't either! If that's part of the right 53 I'd wanna be wrong too

Bowser
09-01-2014, 02:25 PM
I wouldn't either! If that's part of the right 53 I'd wanna be wrong too

Not a "profile guy".

booger
09-01-2014, 02:30 PM
Not a "profile guy".

They could find 22 guys off the street that would be happy to beat off Kendrick Lewis

Wilson8
09-01-2014, 02:41 PM
Don't know if this adds to the story or just downgrades it...

One of the knocks on him while in Miami, he is not considered a ball hawk and often drops 'gift balls' thrown right at him.

penbrook
09-01-2014, 02:42 PM

One of the knocks on him while in Miami, he is not considered a ball hawk and often drops 'gift balls' thrown right at him.

That means he gets his hands on the ball

Discuss Thrower
09-01-2014, 02:56 PM

Then NFL talent evaluators are dumb.

If he's constantly dropping INTs then it means he's constantly in position to make a play.

The Franchise
09-01-2014, 02:58 PM
Bring him in and give him the FS job. Let Abdullah play the third safety and move around.

chiefzilla1501
09-01-2014, 03:15 PM
It has to have something to do with off the field stuff. He's either lazy in his prep, Charles Haley in the locker room, lazy in meeting rooms, or has absolutely no motivation and it rubs off on other players. The thing I find most curious is that there hasn't been a single peep about him, positive or negative. What gives?

It's not age
No word of a failed physical
Clearly has starter level talent (let alone benchwarming talent)
At $1-2M, he's a good price even for a backup
No known suspensions

Those are the main reasons a guy might get cut. And it doesn't sound like any of those things. Something is definitely up. Even a Peyton Hills gets signed a few times even though he flat out quit. A million guys show up to camp out of shape. It's bizarre. While I don't trust the Chiefs to make this call, keep in mind that excellent personnel teams like the Seahawks and 9ers aren't biting either.

mcaj22
09-01-2014, 03:22 PM
we're all of a sudden suppose to trust those Patriot Tree failures when it comes to evaluating talent? Like when they couldnt evaluate Jason Babin, Wade Smith, Wallace Gilberry here and let them walk out the door? Yea I don't trust Pats Failures to tell me if Chris Clemons stinks or if Kendrick Lewis is better than him. Romeo is the same guy that started Sabby Piscitelli and Stanford Routt here so I don't buy that for a second.

Titty Meat
09-01-2014, 03:22 PM
This broke dick couldnt beat out Kendrick Lewis

chiefzilla1501
09-01-2014, 03:25 PM
we're all of a sudden suppose to trust those Patriot Tree failures when it comes to evaluating talent? Like when they couldnt evaluate Jason Babin, Wade Smith, Wallace Gilberry here and let them walk out the door? Yea I don't trust Pats Failures to tell me if Chris Clemons stinks or if Kendrick Lewis is better than him. Romeo is the same guy that started Sabby Piscitelli and Stanford Routt here so I don't buy that for a second.

Um....
Clemons was on the free agency market for a million and a half years. He's a starter and could only pull in ~$2M. He's been a free agent for days and you would think someone would swoop him up in a split second. Nobody's biting. Even though he's probably going to play for damn near the vet minimum. Even his old team (the Dolphins) who is desperate for safety help won't take him back knowing he'll play pretty much for free.

It's not 1 team. The entire league is passing on him. I have no idea why but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with injury or talent.

Saccopoo
09-01-2014, 03:26 PM
CP: Kendrick Lewis was the worst safety in the league.

Fact: Kendrick Lewis was the worst safety in the league.

CP: Our safeties still suck.

Fact: Not really. Berry and Abdullah are solid. Abdullah, with a full off-season of training under his belt should prove to be a pretty good FS for the team.

CP: But there is a rookie on the team that is white playing the position so I know he's slow!!!! We're doomed!!!

Fact: Sorensen is indeed Caucasian. However, he is not slow.:

In the workout drills, Sorensen stood out in the 3-cone drill and shuttle runs. The 3-cone drill tests an athlete's ability to change directions at high speeds, while the shuttle runs test lateral quickness, explosion and acceleration.

Sorensen not only turned in the fastest 3-cone drill by any defensive back but also the top time by any player at any position in the entire combine. His time of 6.47 seconds was also the fastest time recorded at a combine since 2006 by a safety, the second-best time among all defensive backs including corners, and the fifth-fastest performance from any position overall in that timeframe.

Sorensen ran a 10.80-second time in the 60-yard shuttle to record the top time by any safety in the past nine combines and the fourth-fastest 60-yard shuttle time among all combine participants at any position over that timeframe.

The BYU safety again topped all defensive backs at this year's combine (20 yard shuttle) and finished tied for fifth among all positions overall with a time of 3.95 seconds. Only one safety since 2006 has recorded a faster time at the combine than Sorensen. Including corners, Sorensen's time is tied for ninth since 2006 among all defensive backs.

CP: Sorensen can't tackle or hit!!! We're doomed!!!

Fact: Yes, he can.

Dependable tackler. Enough range to make some plays on the ball and jump routes. Football is important to him and takes it very seriously. Makes the secondary calls and checks and understands coverages like a coach. Prepares like a pro. Tough, durable, solid producer. Reliable special teams contributor.

Physical presence in the secondary because he can hit hard, but also form tackle decently as well.

Quick up the field defending the run or screen passes, wraps up when tackling, and brings opponents down in the open field. Remains disciplined with assignments, works well with cornerbacks, and shows ball skills facing the action.

Sorensen is a hard-hitting safety prospect who plays with great instincts, quickness and tenacity. Possesses a thick, athletic frame that he utilizes as an intimidating presence over the middle. Shows the ability to cover ground quickly and is best breaking on underneath routes. Flashes great read-and-recognition skills.

CP: Despite all that bullshit, I think he sucks and we need to bring in Chris Clemons to be our backup safety.

Fact: Chris Clemons just got beat out by Kendrick Lewis and was released. The same Kendrick Lewis that was the worst safety in the league last season.

CP: I don't care!!!! There is a white guy in our secondary!!! I don't give a flip if he's primarily on special teams for the 2014 season, he's white!!!! We're doomed!!!

Fact: Your and idiot.

mcaj22
09-01-2014, 03:26 PM
Um....
Clemons was on the free agency market for a million and a half years. He's a starter and could only pull in ~$2M. He's been a free agent for days and you would think someone would swoop him up in a split second. Nobody's biting. Even though he's probably going to play for damn near the vet minimum. Even his old team (the Dolphins) who is desperate for safety help won't take him back knowing he'll play pretty much for free.

It's not 1 team. The entire league is passing on him. I have no idea why but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with injury or talent.

what about all the starters here signed that could only pull in 3 mill? Joe Mays, Vance Walker, Donnie Avery, Mike Devito.

What's that say about all the trash JAG FAs the Chiefs sign? It's no different really.

chiefzilla1501
09-01-2014, 03:34 PM
what about all the starters here signed that could only pull in 3 mill? Joe Mays, Vance Walker, Donnie Avery, Mike Devito.

What's that say about all the trash JAG FAs the Chiefs sign? It's no different really.

The fact that those guys have less talent than Clemons and are making more money says a lot. And again, I am not just talking about our JAGs. There are JAGs on every team. For whatever reason, no team wants to bite at Clemons. Not the Seahawks. Not the 49ers. Not the Broncos. Not the Packers. Nobody.

There is something going on here off the field. It just doesn't add up. Our team makes dumb decisions about passing guys up all the time. When you have the best personnel teams in the league not willing to sign a quality starter like Clemons for vet minimum, something is up.

The Franchise
09-01-2014, 03:36 PM
The fact that those guys have less talent than Clemons and are making more money says a lot. And again, I am not just talking about our JAGs. There are JAGs on every team. For whatever reason, no team wants to bite at Clemons. Not the Seahawks. Not the 49ers. Not the Broncos. Not the Packers. Nobody.

There is something going on here off the field. It just doesn't add up. Our team makes dumb decisions about passing guys up all the time. When you have the best personnel teams in the league not willing to sign a quality starter like Clemons for vet minimum, something is up.

Why would those teams sign Clemons when they already have quality starters at the FS position? This isn't Madden. They aren't going to sign someone just because they can.

mcaj22
09-01-2014, 03:39 PM

Texans fans do seem pretty mad about them cutting Clemons. It be like if the Chiefs randomly cut Donnie Avery basically. People would be pissed because we have absolutely nothing else. That's basically what's happening in Houston at the safety position.

The team in question are Patriots Failures. If any fanbase should know what horrible players Romeo will use, it should be the Chiefs.

I think Clemons just made the wrong decision signing with a bad team.

chiefzilla1501
09-01-2014, 03:41 PM
Why would those teams sign Clemons when they already have quality starters at the FS position? This isn't Madden. They aren't going to sign someone just because they can.

When you're talking about a quality starter, his contract is cheap even for a backup. Any team looking for secondary depth, which is pretty much every team, would jump at the chance. And there are plenty of teams who could use an upgrade at FS who aren't biting.

He was earning about a million per year. It's not like you have to shuffle cap money around to add that. Like I said, most telling thing is the Dolphins, a team who could use secondary help and Clemons knows that system, aren't even willing to pay a million for the guy.

Something is up.

chiefzilla1501
09-01-2014, 03:42 PM
Texans fans do seem pretty mad about them cutting Clemons. It be like if the Chiefs randomly cut Donnie Avery basically. People would be pissed because we have absolutely nothing else. That's basically what's happening in Houston at the safety position.

The team in question are Patriots Failures. If any fanbase should know what horrible players Romeo will use, it should be the Chiefs.

But twice Clemons has been in the open market and NOBODY wants him. Not even for less than $2M. That's the part that doesn't make sense. It's not just the Texans. It's not just the Chiefs. It's not just the Dolphins.

mcaj22
09-01-2014, 03:44 PM
But twice Clemons has been in the open market and NOBODY wants him. Not even for less than $2M. That's the part that doesn't make sense. It's not just the Texans. It's not just the Chiefs. It's not just the Dolphins.

Has he even been on the market for 24 hours? Relax, he will sign with someone.

Wilson8
09-01-2014, 04:13 PM
This was Clemons contract when he originally signed with Houston back in March...

S Chris Clemons signed a two year, $2.7 million contract with the Houston Texans on March 31, 2014. Clemons received $450,000 in full guarantees including a $200,000 signing bonus. In 2014 he can earn up to $250,000 in game day active roster bonuses and in 2015 can earn $500,000 in game day active roster bonuses. Base salaries are $800,000(2014) and $950,000(2015).

Texans had to pay $450,000 but they saved $700,000 against the cap this year
http://overthecap.com/player/chris-clemons/142

chiefzilla1501
09-01-2014, 06:30 PM
Has he even been on the market for 24 hours? Relax, he will sign with someone.

For a guy of his ability, I'm sure everybody is stunned that he wasn't swooped up instantly. 24 hours is a really long time when every team is sprinting to swoop up roster cuts. It should be a no-brainer to sign him. The fact that every single team is worried about paying this guy a million dollars... there has got to be something going on.

O.city
09-01-2014, 06:44 PM
Maybe he's gay?

TEX
09-01-2014, 08:19 PM

They got Danieal Manning back when the Bengals released him, so its a wash...