PDA

View Full Version : Football WTF Gordon and Welker .....

TribalElder
09-04-2014, 07:59 PM
Peyton Manning

A new drug testing agreement could benefit Welker, Gordon
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 4, 2014, 7:47 PM EDT
welker AP

Broncos receiver Wes Welker is suspended for the first four games of the season, and Browns receiver Josh Gordon is suspended for the entire season. Both players have already appealed, and lost.

And yet there’s a chance that both players could still see their suspensions reduced.

As Mike Florio reported on NBC, Welker, Gordon and potentially other players in the midst of suspensions could benefit from a new drug testing policy that the owners and players could agree upon soon.

The new policy that may be forthcoming has received attention primarily because it would include testing for human growth hormone, which has never before been tested in the NFL. But the policy would also have some other changes.

One change is that offseason use of amphetamines would move from the performance-enhancing substance policy to the substance-abuse policy. That would mean that Welker would switch from a first-time offender in the PED policy (which carries an automatic four-game suspension) to a first-time offender in the substance-abuse policy (which carries no suspension).

Another change is that the threshold to trigger a positive result on a marijuana test would rise. That would affect Gordon because his positive marijuana test was just barely above the NFL’s current threshold for a positive, which is significantly lower than the threshold for other organizations like the World Anti-Doping Agency.

If the NFL changes its policy and agrees to apply it retroactively to players who tested positive this year, Welker and Gordon would benefit. Which means that while the players’ union is stopping short of saying an agreement is very close, Welker and Gordon would be wise to call their union representatives and urge them to get the deal done, and get it done soon.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/04/a-new-drug-testing-agreement-could-benefit-welker-gordon/

ClevelandBronco
09-04-2014, 08:04 PM
Makes no sense to me to make any new policy retroactive. They did the crime knowing full well what the consequences could be. Let them do the whole time.

TribalElder
09-04-2014, 08:04 PM
gotta get johnny cleveland a receiver

TribalElder
09-04-2014, 08:05 PM
and the default cause to everything

peyton manning

Marcellus
Pussification of the NFL continues.

ClevelandBronco
and the default cause to everything

peyton manning

I thought the default was because you are the Chiefs.

Marcellus
09-04-2014, 08:07 PM
The NFL must really want HGH testing. I dont get why to be honest, it doesn't benefit the NFL for the use to stop.

TribalElder
09-04-2014, 08:14 PM

oh yes, how could I forget

bdj23
09-04-2014, 08:15 PM

Interchangeable

Dayze
09-04-2014, 08:17 PM
Welker's suspension has been removed after an apology by Welker, and a stern talking to by Peyton.

DaFace
09-04-2014, 08:30 PM
Makes no sense to me to make any new policy retroactive. They did the crime knowing full well what the consequences could be. Let them do the whole time.

Yeah, agree with that. If they change up the policy, fine, but it seems odd to lift suspensions already in place because of it.

Reerun_KC
09-04-2014, 08:32 PM
Yeah, agree with that. If they change up the policy, fine, but it seems odd to liift suspensions already in place because of it.

But it effects the game, fantasy football and the Mannings... Therefore there should be a reprieve for at least Welker....

PizzaDoughz
09-04-2014, 08:40 PM
Welker's suspension has been removed after an apology by Welker, and a stern talking to by Peyton.

ROFL this

chiefqueen
09-04-2014, 08:44 PM
I just added Gordon to my fantasy team (released Succop).

Rain Man
09-04-2014, 08:47 PM
The marketing department reported to Goodell that Welker jerseys sell well to girls age 15 to 24.

chiefqueen
09-04-2014, 08:48 PM
Would this affect Stephenson?

Marco Polo
09-04-2014, 08:54 PM
Got Welker in the 10th round last night, could be a steal. Annndddd adding Gordon now.

Reerun_KC
09-04-2014, 08:59 PM

Why? He isnt a Bronco or a Brown...

The MFL gives two shits about the Chiefs... This is the Manning/Manziel Football League, they matter, Chiefs don't....

Mr. Laz
09-04-2014, 09:23 PM
Manning must win/NFL
Johnny Foosball needs help/NFL

Rain Man
09-04-2014, 09:26 PM

I don't believe that his jerseys are particularly big sellers among casual fans, so no.

Mav
09-04-2014, 10:05 PM
The browns believe this as well. They have yet to clean out Gordon's locker.

O.city
09-04-2014, 10:06 PM
Wonder if the Browns would take a 5th rounder for Gordon?

SAUTO
I picked Gordon up...
Posted via Mobile Device

Mav
Wonder if the Browns would take a 5th rounder for Gordon?
Nope........

Mav
09-04-2014, 10:07 PM
I picked Gordon up...
Posted via Mobile Device
I never dropped him.

O.city
09-04-2014, 10:10 PM
Nope........

If he ends up being suspended the whole year, I wouldn't doubt they'd move him.

Mav
09-04-2014, 10:12 PM
If he ends up being suspended the whole year, I wouldn't doubt they'd move him.
Sighs. I hope not. He's special

O.city
09-04-2014, 10:13 PM
Sighs. I hope not. He's special

He is.

He's also apparently a special kind of stupid.

Mav
09-04-2014, 10:14 PM
He is.

He's also apparently a special kind of stupid.
Can't argue.

O.city
09-04-2014, 10:15 PM
He's Megatron 2.0, but the guy must be a moron.

Simply Red
09-04-2014, 10:17 PM
Cleveland Bronco is actually a Chief's fan - it's a weird concept.

TribalElder
09-04-2014, 10:18 PM

Our luck it would keep bowe from being suspended and keep us from being able to get out of his contract :D

KCFalcon59
09-04-2014, 10:28 PM
Hilarious. I drafted Gordon late on a whim hoping I'd get lucky and he wouldn't be suspended the whole year. He gets suspended for the year so I drop him. Now he may get off easy and get a shorter suspension. Just my luck. I picked him back up. That should guarantee he doesn't get reinstated.

Dave Lane
09-04-2014, 10:44 PM

Got to agree

KChiefer
09-04-2014, 11:03 PM
Got to agree

I disagree. If a rule/punishment is deemed to be unjust, actions should be taken to reverse the injustices they created.

thabear04
09-04-2014, 11:58 PM
Think i should pick him up too. But who do i drop i got Fitz, Jeffery, E. Sanders, Ty Hilton, S. Wakins and J.Hunter

carcosa
09-04-2014, 11:59 PM
I disagree. If a rule/punishment is deemed to be unjust, actions should be taken to reverse the injustices they created.

I'm with you. The drug rules in the NFL are ridiculous and outdated. It's true that Gordon and Welker probably should have known better, but considering the facts of their testing, they got screwed. And just as a matter of principle, the time doesn't fit the crime for either of them. Especially considering the penalty for beating your wife was, until very recently, only 2 games.

The Ray Rice fiasco will hopefully (rightfully) haunt Goodell and the league for a very long time, even despite their recent posturing. Every other player violation will be compared to that, and the league's misplaced draconianism will be more and more exposed.

carcosa
09-05-2014, 12:01 AM
Think i should pick him up too. But who do i drop i got Fitz, Jeffery, E. Sanders, Ty Hilton, S. Wakins and J.Hunter

I think it's really only worth dropping Hunter for Welker. Gordon is still such a long shot to come back this season that you only consider picking him up if you've got some scrub like Dex on your team.

By the way, how many people are in your league? Because your WRs are STACKED.

thabear04
09-05-2014, 12:04 AM
I think it's really only worth dropping Hunter for Welker. Gordon is still such a long shot to come back this season that you only consider picking him up if you've got some scrub like Dex on your team.

By the way, how many people are in your league? Because your WRs are STACKED.

There 10 of us. My qb are Peyton and Kap RB are Gore, Ridley, Sproles, TE are Gronk & Clay Kicker Gould and Def Packers

carcosa
09-05-2014, 12:08 AM
There 10 of us. My qb are Peyton and Kap RB are Gore, Ridley, Sproles, TE are Gronk & Clay Kicker Gould and Def Packers

Pretty darn solid. Assuming it's PPR and you just went ham on WRs?

KChiefer
09-05-2014, 12:25 AM
I'm with you. The drug rules in the NFL are ridiculous and outdated. It's true that Gordon and Welker probably should have known better, but considering the facts of their testing, they got screwed. And just as a matter of principle, the time doesn't fit the crime for either of them. Especially considering the penalty for beating your wife was, until very recently, only 2 games.

The Ray Rice fiasco will hopefully (rightfully) haunt Goodell and the league for a very long time, even despite their recent posturing. Every other player violation will be compared to that, and the league's misplaced draconianism will be more and more exposed.

Yeah. The team motto I made for my FF team this year?

"Hit Wife Not Blunt."

thabear04
09-05-2014, 12:27 AM
Pretty darn solid. Assuming it's PPR and you just went ham on WRs?

Yeah pretty much.

Bob Dole
09-05-2014, 06:38 AM
Our luck it would keep bowe from being suspended and keep us from being able to get out of his contract :D

It would not impact Bowe because it is not his first offense.

Steron
09-05-2014, 08:01 AM
Added Gordon as well. Dropped DeAndre Hopkins.

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN
09-05-2014, 09:23 AM
Gordon really needs this new testing procedure to get approved, do you know how hard it is to buy a pound of weed every week on a car salesman's salary!

Old Dog
09-05-2014, 09:28 AM
I can't believe they would change the suspensions retroactively, otherwise wouldn't they change the one for Rice as well?

mikey23545
09-05-2014, 09:45 AM

I bet you're a liberal, aren't you?

saphojunkie
09-05-2014, 10:00 AM

You think every rule is justified simply by its existence?

There is such a thing as in mitius law, you understand...

Marcellus
09-05-2014, 10:14 AM
I can't believe they would change the suspensions retroactively, otherwise wouldn't they change the one for Rice as well?

You cant really make a punishment harsher retroactively, you can lesson it though.

Mav
09-05-2014, 10:24 AM

No, because as stated by dictator goodell, that is under the behavior policy, this is under the drugs policy.

It would affect however both Bowe, and Stephenson though.

the way I read it is this.

Every CBA they have talked about changing this one, especially about weed, and it gets pushed to the back of the line, and when it comes time, they are like we will just leave it, to push through. Well with the perception about weed, and the fact that two states have legalized it, and that it is being proven to help medically, they are having to change it with the times.

Couple that with the outrage over the suspensions of Josh Gordon, and others, and with the heat that dictator goodell is taking to his leniency on not only ray rice, but also on Jim Irsay, the league is begging for a reprieve.

So this is what they are doing.

And hell yes you have to retroactive the suspensions on at the very least josh Gordon. Homerisms aside, when your drug testing is 10 times more strict than the military, or Olympics, its time to adjust.

#FREEJOSHGORDON

SPATCH
09-05-2014, 10:34 AM
Pussification of the NFL continues.

I have the exact opposite view of this.

Not allowing a guy to smoke some weed or pop a molly is more pussifying than letting them do it. Both drugs are completely harmless when they aren't abused.

Basically, you should quit being such a pussy about drugs.

King_Chief_Fan
09-05-2014, 10:46 AM
NFL loses all respect. ..NFL is hardly worth watching any more

Big Poppa Payne
09-05-2014, 10:52 AM
If they tested for HGH then a third the NFL would be suspended.

saphojunkie
09-05-2014, 10:55 AM
I have the exact opposite view of this.

Not allowing a guy to smoke some weed or pop a molly is more pussifying than letting them do it. Both drugs are completely harmless when they aren't abused.

Basically, you should quit being such a pussy about drugs.

LOL you think Molly is harmless?

weed is harmless. People actually die from Molly. It's not fucking heroin or anything, but don't pretend it's this clean, wonderful drug.

ModSocks
09-05-2014, 11:03 AM
It's not ****ing heroin or anything....

It might be. Heroin is a known substitute for MDMA in "E" pills. That's the problem with E and a known risk when you take it; you don't exactly know what's in it. It's not uncommon at all for it to be laced with something else since pure MDMA is expensive to produce in comparison.

SAUTO
09-05-2014, 11:18 AM
It might be. Heroin is a known substitute for MDMA in "E" pills. That's the problem with E and a known risk when you take it; you don't exactly know what's in it. It's not uncommon at all for it to be laced with something else since pure MDMA is expensive to produce in comparison.

someone told me the other day I was wrong about this...

Rausch
09-05-2014, 11:20 AM
someone told me the other day I was wrong about this...

It tends to be more pure in Europe.

Here it's cut with meth/heroin/or a metric fuck ton of pseudoephed...

SPATCH
09-05-2014, 12:53 PM
LOL you think Molly is harmless?

weed is harmless. People actually die from Molly. It's not ****ing heroin or anything, but don't pretend it's this clean, wonderful drug.

I've taken molly numerous times.

People don't die from molly. Maybe if it's not actually molly and it's cut with something and you abuse the shit out of it and don't drink any water and rage until you die from heat exhaustion, it can kill you. But, molly doesn't kill you.

And, yes, actual molly is a clean and fucking wonderful drug. It's not like ecstasy where you chew on your tongue for 8 hours straight like a crack head and can't sleep for a day. 20 mg of molly gives you a high for 2 1/2 hours and it's gone. It's the best part of an ecstasy high without all of the other bullshit.

KChiefer
09-05-2014, 06:47 PM

I bet you're the type that thinks weed is the debbil so you instead eiffel tower goats w/your dad for jollies, aren't you?

carcosa
09-05-2014, 07:55 PM
If they tested for HGH then a third the NFL would be suspended.

Yeah. I assume they know that, and that the "crackdown" is gonna be pretty superficial. Creating a false sense of integrity, and all that. It's kind of what the NFL does best.

Mav
09-05-2014, 08:01 PM
Yeah. I assume they know that, and that the "crackdown" is gonna be pretty superficial. Creating a false sense of integrity, and all that. It's kind of what the NFL does best.
It's got to be done.

TambaBerry
09-06-2014, 06:41 AM
I just want to point out that Molly and exctasy are different. Exctasy is always cut with something, Molly is pure mdma well should be pure anyways. I don't think a couple people on here knew that. Ok carry on

NewChief
09-06-2014, 07:19 AM
I just want to point out that Molly and exctasy are different. Exctasy is always cut with something, Molly is pure mdma well should be pure anyways. I don't think a couple people on here knew that. Ok carry on

Not historically true (I don't really keep up with what's true currently). There was plenty of pure MDMA pressed E back in the day, so your statement that pressed ecstasy is always cut isn't true. The main difference in actuality between Molly and E is that Molly is a powder and E is pressed into a pill. I do know that there are currently lots of problems with Molly that isn't MDMA right now as well.

TambaBerry
09-06-2014, 07:23 AM
Not historically true (I don't really keep up with what's true currently). There was plenty of pure MDMA pressed E back in the day, so your statement that pressed ecstasy is always cut isn't true. The main difference in actuality between Molly and E is that Molly is a powder and E is pressed into a pill. I do know that there are currently lots of problems with Molly that isn't MDMA right now as well.

Well with what it should be, a pill of ecstasy has to be cut with something to form the pill. Molly SHOULD be pure mdma but drug dealers are pieces of shit and cut it to make more money. I'd rather take Molly then ecstasy.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-06-2014, 08:29 AM
Another rule to help the Denver Mannings?

ThaVirus
09-06-2014, 08:59 AM
I wouldn't mind if the Fed legalized marijuana and released anyone serving time for non-violent weed crimes so I wouldn't be mad if the NFL did something similar.

penguinz
09-06-2014, 09:05 AM
NFL loses all respect. ..NFL is hardly worth watching any more

Then stop watching it.

TribalElder
09-06-2014, 06:21 PM
Not this week... but probably next week in time for the Chiefs game :facepalm:

No new drug-testing policy until next week, at the earliest
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 6, 2014, 6:57 PM EDT
Wes Welker AP

The NFL and the players’ union are close to an agreement on a new drug-testing policy, but not close enough to get it done this weekend.

A league source tells PFT that the earliest a new policy could get done is early next week. The ball is currently in the league’s court, as the NFL Players Association has made a proposal that requires the league’s response.

There was some hope that players suspended under the current policy — including Broncos receiver Wes Welker and Browns receiver Josh Gordon — could have those suspensions lifted in time for them to play in Week One. But that’s not happening. It’s still possible that a new deal could get done and that the new deal would be applied retroactively to players like Welker and Gordon, but not in time to spare them from sitting out Week One.

If the NFLPA leadership accepts a new agreement, the board of player representatives still has to vote on it, and logistically, there’s just too much to do for there to be any hope of getting it done this weekend. A new deal may be close, but not that close.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/06/no-new-drug-testing-policy-until-next-week-at-the-earliest/

Seriously... if that happens

ROFL BECAUSE CHIEFS