PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs To watch the game or not?

Reerun_KC
09-08-2014, 08:59 AM
After 26 years of fandom and never missing a moment of anything Chiefs related. I decided to go play golf yesterday and not watch the Chiefs game live. Then came home and worked on the hardwood floors for a bit.

I watched maybe 15 min of MFL yesterday. First time in 26 years I didn't dedicate my Sunday to the TV...:huh:

So I have the game recorded as NFLST was free this weekend, Should I watch it or delete it and never look back?

ChiTown
09-08-2014, 09:01 AM
After 26 years of fandom and never missing a moment of anything Chiefs related. I decided to go play golf yesterday and not watch the Chiefs game live. Then came home and worked on the hardwood floors for a bit.

I watched maybe 15 min of MFL yesterday. First time in 26 years I didn't dedicate my Sunday to the TV...:huh:

So I have the game recorded as NFLST was free this weekend, Should I watch it or delete it and never look back?

burn it......with an AIDS fire

Old Dog
09-08-2014, 09:02 AM
Do you really need a REASON to drink?

Ragged Robin
not worth it, just watch the highlights

BigRichard
not worth it, just watch the highlights

There was highlights?

Nzoner
09-08-2014, 09:03 AM
I moved the game from the big screen to a small tv with no sound yesterday in the gameroom,that should tell you all you need to know.

Reerun_KC
09-08-2014, 09:04 AM
I moved the game from the big screen to a small tv with no sound yesterday in the gameroom,that should tell you all you need to know.

That's pretty telling for sure.

Sandy Vagina
09-08-2014, 09:04 AM
Yes, but stop watching at the 10:05 mark of the 2nd quarter.

Watch... evaluate... but once you hit this spot? Do not torture yourself. Just know that pretty much everything goes to shit thereafter... not that it was wonderful before, but still...

Reerun_KC
09-08-2014, 09:05 AM
Yes, but stop watching at the 10:05 mark of the 2nd quarter.

Watch... evaluate... but once you hit this spot? Do not torture yourself. Just know that pretty much everything goes to shit thereafter.

Interesting take...

Reid go into full dumbass mode or something?

loochy
09-08-2014, 09:05 AM
Heh. I watched it on a tablet while I played Lord of the Rings Online.

Rain Man
09-08-2014, 09:11 AM
Even aside from the loss, it was a boring game. There were no big plays on either side.

I applaud you for finding something more productive to do. I've told myself that I'm only going to watch games that are on my home TV this season (and I don't have Sunday Ticket). I was hoping I would have the willpower to do it, but Sunday's game was evidence that I just don't really care about the NFL any more. The league these days is just Paris Hilton in shoulder pads.

Sandy Vagina
09-08-2014, 09:14 AM
Interesting take...

Reid go into full dumbass mode or something?

missed Chiefs' FG... Defense ushers the Titans into the endzone to go 7-3... and while the offense scratches and claws to run a 2 minute drill... the OL fails.. QB fails (or no one getting open).... and general ineptitude really begins.

Reerun_KC
09-08-2014, 09:16 AM
Even aside from the loss, it was a boring game. There were no big plays on either side.

I applaud you for finding something more productive to do. I've told myself that I'm only going to watch games that are on my home TV this (and I don't have Sunday Ticket). I was hoping I would have the willpower to do it, but Sunday's game was evidence that I just don't really care about the NFL any more. The league these days is just Paris Hilton in shoulder pads.

It was tough, it really was. I found myself looking up the score at the end of each hole. Finally I just turned off my phone so I could enjoy the afternoon on the links.

I think shifting my casual viewing from Saturday to Sundays is helping... I did take in a shit ton of college football over the weekend and probably will catch a lot of the games this week also...

ChiTown
09-08-2014, 09:20 AM
Heh. I watched it on a tablet while I played Lord of the Rings Online.

LMAO - I don't know why, but that struck me as REALLY funny

Bearcat
09-08-2014, 09:21 AM
So like, everything? The blowouts in 2010 and 2011? All of 2012? The Herm years? It's certainly not worse than any of that, outside of watching DJ get carted off the field.

Seriously though, spend a few minutes FF through it or just delete it. I fast forwarded through most of the first half before flipping to the Royals game, because I hadn't really been paying attention up to that point. Free time is too scarce to spend it watching that crap.

Bearcat
09-08-2014, 09:23 AM
It was tough, it really was. I found myself looking up the score at the end of each hole. Finally I just turned off my phone so I could enjoy the afternoon on the links.

I think shifting my casual viewing from Saturday to Sundays is helping... I did take in a shit ton of college football over the weekend and probably will catch a lot of the games this week also...

It's crazy that even early September college football is better than spending a Sunday afternoon watching the Chiefs or the NFL, but here we are...

InChiefsHeaven
09-08-2014, 09:42 AM
Only reason to watch the game is if you need a wake up call about where the Chiefs are and how screwed we are again. There will be excuse makers (no Bowe, no DAT, Jamaal was "turned into a non-factor - which was true as long as you understand that the Chiefs were the ones who did it) but the end result was this: The Chiefs are always going to disappoint, they will always be a team that "is almost there" and then they shit the bed in such epic fashion at home for the season opener, that you realize that this is who they are, who they've been and who they always will be.

In short, don't bother.

Reerun_KC
09-08-2014, 09:44 AM
game deleted from DVR...

qfactor
09-08-2014, 09:52 AM
game deleted from DVR...

I'm in the same boat as you but I was at work. I may delete it from my DVR also.

WhawhaWhat
09-08-2014, 09:58 AM
Watched the Royals all the way at halftime. Flipped back and forth before that. I just am not excited for the NFL season this year, been that way since training camp.

BigRedChief
09-08-2014, 10:18 AM

I applaud you for finding something more productive to do. I've told myself that I'm only going to watch games that are on my home TV this season (and I don't have Sunday Ticket). I was hoping I would have the willpower to do it, but Sunday's game was evidence that I just don't really care about the NFL any more. The league these days is just Paris Hilton in shoulder pads.We had 52 Chief fans show up to watch the game on Sunday here in the Tampa area. Most drove 1/2 an hour, paid way too much for beer and crappy wings. Gorgeous day. We could have all been at the beach.

http://photos4.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/6/c/2/2/600_407187682.jpeg