PDA

View Full Version : Money ***Official Monday Night Football Thread- September 8th***

Pages : 1 2 [3]

rabblerouser
09-09-2014, 12:15 AM
I really hope that Reid has been studying the Patriots offense really closely from when they had Gronk and Hernandez on the field together.

That's really the type of offense that we should be running with now with the talent that we have:

Bottom 4 in the league at WR even with Bowe (our Welker).

Really talented at TE with Kelce (our version of Gronk) and the solid Fasano. Harris likely won't see time until the BYE. Kelce, Fasano, and Harris are all more of a mismatch for opposing defenses than any of our WRs outside of Bowe are.

Then out of the 2 TE sets, we can run anything that we want with Charles.

But, instead, Reid insisted on going with the big group of WRs on the field who can't get open because they should be on a practice squad, learning to play football in the NFL, and not on an active roster.

Avery is a situation deep threat that should never be counted on as a #2, much less a #1, on any decent roster. Hammond, though he has shown flashes and improvements from last year, is still a major unknown and should be the #5 or #6 developmental WR who contributes on special teams. Albert Wilson is in the same boat as Hammond. AJ Jenkins is kind of a waste of space, just shows almost no will to get better and actually contribute. And Hemmingway is another unknown and isn't in good football shape yet due to his sitting out of TC with injuries.

Agree with all of this...but...A 2 TE set really needs an actual commitment to the run to be effective. I don't see that happening with Reid calling the plays...

rabblerouser
09-09-2014, 12:17 AM
Um, you sure about that? Cause I seem to recall Rivers failing to lead the final drive, where all he needed was a field goal to win it, and it was because he was just plain missing on his throws to his targets. Remember that 3rd down dirtball? Yeah.

On that 3rd and 2...lol

Rivers...'top 10'

I can't even finish I'm laughing so hard...

LMAO

Top 10?? Hootie has been smoking his blowfish!!

GoChargers
09-09-2014, 12:30 AM
Same old Chargers. I really wish ESPN would stop scheduling us on Monday night, this franchise can't even handle that "spotlight."

OldSchool
09-09-2014, 12:31 AM
LMAO

Top 10?? Hootie has been smoking his blowfish!!

Don't get me wrong. Rivers is a very good QB and was verging on being Elite last year. He is, after Big Ben and Russell Wilson, the closest to breaking into the Elite group (Manning, Brady, Rodgers, and Brees). He just wasn't good at all tonight just like Alex wasn't good against the Titans.

rabblerouser
09-09-2014, 12:55 AM
Don't get me wrong. Rivers is a very good QB and was verging on being Elite last year. He is, after Big Ben and Russell Wilson, the closest to breaking into the Elite group (Manning, Brady, Rodgers, and Brees). He just wasn't good at all tonight just like Alex wasn't good against the Titans.

Main difference is...Alex would've hit that 3rd and 2. Alex can move his team into FG range, and he's NEVER had the weaponry that Rivers has enjoyed for his career.

Rivers is the opposite of clutch; he's the AFC's version of Tony Romo. Time and Time again, when pressure is applied, he throws key interceptions, fumbles snaps, starts throwing dirtballs and throwing a fit...He doesn't stay cool.

He's not consistent enough to be top ANYTHING. He's volatile. He throws for tons of yards, and amasses great stats...but to what avail??

How often have we seen what we saw tonight from Phyllis?? So often, it's become his MO. Everyone called the San Diego meltdown tonight...because that's what they do. And it starts with their QB, Queen of the Meltdown.

rabblerouser
09-17-2014, 02:39 AM
Gates is not anywhere close to a top 5 TE in the NFL in 2014. He is past his prime. Years past. However, you are right...he is very slow.

But apparently the Chiefs don't have a single RECEIVER faster than Antonio Gates.

Yeah, I'm the moron.

:hmmm:

How many TDs did Gates have on Sunday night??

Who caught EVERYTHING thrown in his direction??

(*SPOILER ALERT* - It wasn't a Chiefs receiver or TE...)

Hootie
09-17-2014, 08:16 AM
You called Gates faster than any chiefs receiver. I'm not sure how you don't understand how dumb of a statement that was

Hootie
09-17-2014, 08:16 AM
Also, Rivers looked pretty elite...