PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Did you see what I saw last night Sutton?

CallMeSquidwad
09-09-2014, 09:30 AM
Wow I actually found myself lastnight wanting Gunther back.....I hope Sutton was taking a few notes on the Lions defensive gameplan. Their secondary is so much shittier than ours, and they played a more potent offense, yet our secondary got burned?? Hmm doesn't take a genius to see the key difference; Gunther relies on his strongest unit to do what they do, while Sutton tries to get home in 2 seconds instead of 3?? Take Rex's D out of your butt and realize we need to be rushing 4 and 3 all game long and dropping our safeties to help compensate for our shit bag CBs.....this doesn't seem that hard to figure out IMO, and I can't blame Sutton's age cuz Gunther can still see that it works. Fuck you Sutton, fuck you.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-09-2014, 09:35 AM
:spock:

L.A. Chieffan
09-09-2014, 09:36 AM
Gunther is eating pudding bro

ndws
09-09-2014, 09:36 AM
Teryl Austin might want a little credit for that :)

BlackHelicopters
09-09-2014, 09:43 AM
:facepalm:

ModSocks
09-09-2014, 09:44 AM
This is the stupid whiny woe is me bullshit im talking about. STFU already.

Mr. Laz
09-09-2014, 10:22 AM
This is the stupid whiny woe is me bullshit im talking about. STFU already.
Are you saying that Sutton doesn't suck?

btw Gunther isn't the DC in Detroit anymore. He is a Senior Assistant HC or some bullshit title like that. They promoted him to get him away from game planning.

I have yet to see anything to tell me that Sutton actually knows how to run a defense. He is still just reading the Ryan Defensive Playbook and trying to mimic what they did.

If you don't know how to adjust, you're worthless in the NFL.

Kman34
09-09-2014, 10:23 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/4326787/gunther-cunningham-drop-kick-o.gif

ModSocks
09-09-2014, 10:25 AM
Are you saying that Sutton doesn't suck?

btw Gunther isn't the DC in Detroit anymore. He is a Senior Assistant HC or some bullshit title like that. They promoted him to get him away from game planning.

I have yet to see anything to tell me that Sutton actually knows how to run a defense. He is still just reading the Ryan Defensive Playbook and trying to mimic what they did.

If you don't know how to adjust, you're worthless in the NFL.

No. Im saying that calling for Gunther is the epitome of stupid.

Deberg_1990
09-09-2014, 10:27 AM
I miss Marty.

Let's get him back

Radar Chief
09-09-2014, 10:30 AM
Gunther is eating pudding bro

And sniffing smelling salts.

Mr. Laz
09-09-2014, 10:32 AM

I'm not calling for that, in fact i let the OP know that Gunther wasn't even running the defense in Detroit.

I think Sutton IS Gunther.

Both guys worked in the NFL watching and learning defenses from other guys. Then they mimic those things without really knowing when/why/how.

big difference between knowing a scheme and understanding defense

I hope i'm wrong about Sutton.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2014, 10:51 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/4326787/gunther-cunningham-drop-kick-o.gif

:LOL:

Yes!

Coochie liquor
09-09-2014, 11:26 AM
I woul have to say there were a lot of factors going into why it seems the Lukns secondary was good. Unfortunately it was more Giants offense being inept. I saw some players that looked like they weren't on the same page. Also Giants I line isn't very good, and I'd hardly call them a potent offense. Just look how bad they were last year! Sounds a lot like crying to me!

Jimmya
09-09-2014, 11:28 AM
I did hear Espn talking about teams running zone and mixing zone man. It seems that we are almost always in man.

CallMeSquidwad
09-09-2014, 11:49 AM

Well jesus christ people this is CP so ofcourse I had to go over the top, but if anyone can read that and think I seriously want Gunther back then you need to calm down and go :whackit: because THAT WAS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE FUCKING POST! If Gunther Cunningham is out-scheming us we have serious issues.

Mr. Laz
09-09-2014, 11:52 AM
Teryl Austin is the Lions' DC, doesn't anyone pay attention?

CallMeSquidwad
09-09-2014, 11:54 AM
I did hear Espn talking about teams running zone and mixing zone man. It seems that we are almost always in man.

Yeah Arizona can't even run press man all day with Patty P and Cromartie how in the flying FUCK does Sutton expect that to work with Sean Smith and Marcus Cooper? Sutton's been blinded by Rex's defense; which was some what a mirage because nobody could copy that scheme because nobody has Revis Island on one side and Cromartie in his prime on the other side. One key trait in any profession is insight and being able to see what you're doing wrong and how you're contributing to the problem; guess Bob forgot about the one in his old age, poor guy.

CallMeSquidwad
09-09-2014, 11:56 AM
Teryl Austin is the Lions DC, doesn't anyone pay attention?

They might have mentioned that once or twice lastnight :drool::drool:; we're talking about Gunther not that tool. You can speculate from afar what Gunter's role is now, but neither you or I knows how he contributes to the gameplan, but keep trying from that armchair.

DaWolf
09-09-2014, 12:29 PM
Yeah Arizona can't even run press man all day with Patty P and Cromartie how in the flying **** does Sutton expect that to work with Sean Smith and Marcus Cooper? Sutton's been blinded by Rex's defense; which was some what a mirage because nobody could copy that scheme because nobody has Revis Island on one side and Cromartie in his prime on the other side. One key trait in any profession is insight and being able to see what you're doing wrong and how you're contributing to the problem; guess Bob forgot about the one in his old age, poor guy.

Ryan's defense works, even without great corners. But the difference is that Ryan instills the attitude in that defense and is also very creative. Sutton is more of the old grandfatherly figure who probably doesn't invoke a lot of passion, and he doesn't seem to be very creative. I think that the scheme is sound but the person executing it isn't going to get the job done...

DaWolf
09-09-2014, 12:33 PM
And by the way, Gunther is one of the worst mistakes this franchise has ever made and is one of the main reason the 2000 decade was a waste. He built his reputation here with all pro players on defense and with Marty running the show. When Marty left, we did nothing.

Wasted two years with him as head coach.
Wasted the remaining years of the Vermeil offense with him calling the D because Carl wanted to "right a wrong" by bringing him back.
Wasted the Herm years with him calling a cover 2 defense, which he admitted after he left that it wasn't his cup of tea.

Thanks Carl...

CallMeSquidwad
09-09-2014, 07:29 PM
And by the way, Gunther is one of the worst mistakes this franchise has ever made and is one of the main reason the 2000 decade was a waste. He built his reputation here with all pro players on defense and with Marty running the show. When Marty left, we did nothing.

Wasted two years with him as head coach.
Wasted the remaining years of the Vermeil offense with him calling the D because Carl wanted to "right a wrong" by bringing him back.
Wasted the Herm years with him calling a cover 2 defense, which he admitted after he left that it wasn't his cup of tea.

Thanks Carl...

I prefer a 4 man pass rush while dropping 7 everytime; especially when you have the d line we have.

OldSchool
09-09-2014, 07:46 PM
I prefer a 4 man pass rush while dropping 7 everytime; especially when you have the d line we have.

Yeah, except for the fact that our DL is terribly inconsistent at bringing pressure on the QB with just a 4 man rush, thus the need for Sutton to blitz.

Poe wasn't very good on Sunday. How the hell does a man of his size, power, and athleticism let himself get stood up in a 1 on 1 matchup?