PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Put Dorsey's Head On The Chopping Block

Pages : [1] 2

Direckshun
09-09-2014, 11:02 AM
It is very, very early in John Dorsey's tenure here, but unless the talent he's acquired magically turns it around by midpoint of the season, I believe we should be shopping for a new GM by the end of the season.

Now, this is a big deal (I would like to think), coming from me. I was among the last defenders on this site of Scott Pioli, and I still think his drafting record here was strong. I believe in the process, in giving GMs extreme leeway and time in shuffling the roster and building a team full of the kind of guys we want.

But Dorsey came in with a plum opportunity. He had the core of a team already built for him (minus the one critical position), the #1 pick in the draft, and a ridiculous amount of free agency cap room to spend, spend, spend.

With these incredible gifts given to him, gifts that any new GM would kill for (rather than the shit sandwich a new GM would get in 2015...), Dorsey took the absolute worst path.

He sacrificed the future of the franchise for a quick playoff run, completely overpaying in offseason talent, hamstringing our budget for 2014 and 2015 so that we let a full quarter of our team's starters walk, including two Pro Bowlers, with zero ability to replace any of the departing talent effectively (with the sole exception of replacing Kendrick Lewis with Husain Abdullah, but even that was a Plan B after Mr. Glass Commings is out for another year).

We were unable to retain Brandon Albert, Brandon Flowers, Ryan Succop, Tyson Jackson, Dexter McCulster, Jon Asamoah and Geoff Schwartz because we had to have Mike DeVito, Chase Daniel, Dunta Robinson, Sean Smith, Donnie Avery, and Anthony Fasano. That is a complete loss on every level, and again, it happened because Dorsey acted like a teenager after receiving his first paycheck rather than the patient, methodical personnel guru he was alleged to be.

The Alex Smith trade was defensible on its own terms, I believe. (We overpayed with the two 2nds, but we overpayed for Bowe and Colquitt, and both of those were defensible as well, as the team was seriously ****ed without the player in question.) But coupled with the Chase Daniel acquisition and this team's continued chickenshit behavior regarding the QB position in the draft, and it once again showed a complete lack of understanding of what it takes to win in a league being skewed further and further away from the Alex Smiths and Matt Cassels of the world. In a league that's continually changing, Dorsey, Reid and Alex Smith are keeping the team stagnant.

Well, less than stagnant, really. The biggest crime of the young John Dorsey era has been the drafting, which has been horrific. It's every bit as obsessed with 40 times and measurables and ignorant of on field performance as the Al Davis regime used to be. We burned the #1 overall pick on a likely bust at tackle. We burned our first this year on a passrusher that isn't helping us win. We burned our third this year on a corner that was worse than Vince Agnew this preseason. And none of our low-round picks are working out, up to and including our UDFAs, where GMs need to distinguish themselves. It's insane to think that Scott Pioli had a better record with UDFAs, which is saying something considering that Pioli only hit on one his entire time here.

I do a ton of mock drafts throughout the year, most of them terrible, but all of them viscerally enjoyable for me to postulate. It's lost a lot of its luster this year, even as we are entering a year with 11 draft picks, because projecting the projects and boom/likely-bust players that Dorsey falls in love with makes the exercise depressing. We end up with a super-young team full of talent that can't see the field, and likely rarely ever will.

I'm willing to change my tune, as I always am, if some of this plan looks to be solid for the future, and not just for the present, by the middle of the season. But it would have to be a dramatic shift for me to feel that way.

That said, we can still end up in a good position here. The Alex Smith contract, which ironically is the best contract Dorsey has signed here, makes Smith expendable if a new GM is brought in at the end of the year. If Andy Reid still wants Alex Smith after a 4-12 season, fire him too. If Andy Reid can't get along with the new GM, fire him. If Andy Reid can't call a winning gameplan in 2015, fire him.

This front office refused to utilize their patience when constructing this roster. In the process, they've lost mine.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-09-2014, 11:06 AM
Scott Pioli had four drafts. How many average starters did he acquire with those 30-odd picks that are still with the team?

Houston, Berry, Poe, and.......and......?

Strong record, brah.

Direckshun
09-09-2014, 11:07 AM
Scott Pioli had four drafts. How many average starters did he acquire with those 30-odd picks that are still with the team?

Houston, Berry, Poe, and.......and......?

Strong record, brah.

We've had this exact discussion twice. When either of us have anything new to say, I'm happy to have it again.

Prison Bitch
We were "absolutely f&&&cked" without Dustin Colquitt?

Steron
I like you Direckshun and typically enjoy your posts. But, Dorsey and Reid aren't going anywhere. Get over it, it's a pipe dream.

Gonzo
09-09-2014, 11:09 AM
You seen mice?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-09-2014, 11:10 AM
We've had this exact discussion twice. When either of us have anything new to say, I'm happy to have it again.

It's a fucking terrible draft record. Period.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-09-2014, 11:11 AM
You're spot fucking on. Top to bottom.

Eleazar
09-09-2014, 11:12 AM
I think that if Chiefsplanet had it's way, we'd end up firing everyone from the GM down to the hot dog vendors about every other year.

Big Poppa Payne
09-09-2014, 11:12 AM
At what point do we turn our frustrations towards the Chunt? I think this goes above Reid and Dorsey. Has Chunt even made a decent hire since his dad passed away?

saphojunkie
09-09-2014, 11:14 AM
I don't think Dorsey will be fired. You're right - he should absolutely have to earn his job THIS year, but I just think Hunt wants continuity. Dorsey and Reid will be retained. It's really tough... If we are in a position to draft a QB this year, and don't... I don't think I will be able to watch the Chiefs anymore.

Most likely Alex Smith will be retained, although I'm starting to think the best thing that could happen for this team is him suffering a season-ending injury. I don't hate Alex Smith like a lot of people, but I also recognize that he is never going to be one of our best players.

Smith's contract can be unloaded this offseason, but I don't think there's any way that happens unless he gets injured. I don't want to hope for someone getting injured, but...

We might need Chase Daniel to go lose 14 games for us so we can draft Mariota. You want to see hope in a franchise? You want to see season ticket sales SURGE?

Draft a ****ing QB.

Direckshun
09-09-2014, 11:14 AM
It's a ****ing terrible draft record. Period.

You've said that both times. I've rebutted both times.

I fail to see what going through the exercise a third time accomplishes.

tyler360
09-09-2014, 11:16 AM
Scott pioli was not a good drafter in any way shape or form. He had terrible drafts.

While Dorsey hasn't been much better, so far it would seem, there is no defending Fat Scott at all in any way.

mcaj22
09-09-2014, 11:19 AM
this is the first time I have ever 100 percent agreed with one of your threads/opinions.

i usually hate your side of Chiefs football but this is a topic with too many facts that makes it hard to counter

Marcellus
09-09-2014, 11:20 AM
LMAO

Eleazar
09-09-2014, 11:22 AM
Pioli's drafts.

Tyson Jackson
Alex Magee
Donald Washington
Colin Brown
Quinten Lawrence
Javarris Williams
Jake O'Connell
Ryan Succop

Eric Berry*
Dexter McCluster
Javier Arenas
Jon Asamoah
Tony Moeaki
Kendrick Lewis
Cameron Sheffield

Jonathan Baldwin
Rodney Hudson
Justin Houston*
Allen Bailey
Jalil Brown
Ricky Stanzi
Gabe Miller
Jerrell Powe
Shane Bannon

Dontari Poe*
Jeff Allen
Donald Stephenson*
Devon Wylie
DeQuan Menzie
Cyrus Gray
Jerome Long
Junior Hemingway

* - denotes player who ever became worth a squirt in the NFL.

wazu
I think Pioli proved that Clark will give a GM an absolute minimum of 4 full years. Maybe if the Chiefs went 0-16 this year and next it would be enough. Outside of that, we're stuck with these guys.

And for me Dorsey/Reid are a package deal. Reid demanded Alex Smith. Their fates should be the same.

BigBeauford
LMAO

http://treasure.diylol.com/uploads/post/image/504244/resized_white-knight-meme-generator-suddenly-a-wild-white-knight-appears-05e041.jpg

Jesus, you can almost set your watch to this guy.

Bearcat
It sucks to think we're no better than the Raiders when it comes to stability.

dirk digler
09-09-2014, 11:25 AM
I agree with you about Dorsey being fired but it is not going to happen.

I am worried that this upcoming draft we will have 15 picks and he will fuck them all up and screw this team for a decade, that is how poor of a drafter he has been.

Clark needs to get on his knees and beg Bill Kuharich to come back

O.city
09-09-2014, 11:26 AM
All of his draft picks are picked looking forward 2-3 years.

The dumbest shit was the big spending spree last year just to get fans back. They seem to have realized now that the whole roster needed a complete overhaul.

This time, it needs to start with a new QB. Smith is a fine placeholder to take all the beatings while we get the roster turned over. Sucks for him, but he's being paid well for it.

Build the defense around Poe, Houston, Berry and the young players drafted, draft a QB early next year to sit for a bit, go to the 4-3 in the offseason and sign suh to play next to Poe.

O.city
09-09-2014, 11:28 AM
He hasn't hit any immediate impact players in the draft, but last years draft class after a year seems to be developing decently, with Kelce, Fisher, Davis and cooper.

The Franchise
09-09-2014, 11:29 AM
I don't think Dorsey will be fired. You're right - he should absolutely have to earn his job THIS year, but I just think Hunt wants continuity. Dorsey and Reid will be retained. It's really tough... If we are in a position to draft a QB this year, and don't... I don't think I will be able to watch the Chiefs anymore.

Most likely Alex Smith will be retained, although I'm starting to think the best thing that could happen for this team is him suffering a season-ending injury. I don't hate Alex Smith like a lot of people, but I also recognize that he is never going to be one of our best players.

Smith's contract can be unloaded this offseason, but I don't think there's any way that happens unless he gets injured. I don't want to hope for someone getting injured, but...

We might need Chase Daniel to go lose 14 games for us so we can draft Mariota. You want to see hope in a franchise? You want to see season ticket sales SURGE?

Draft a ****ing QB.

It shouldn't be as hard of a decision for Hunt because the HC and GM are separate from each other now. Dorsey fucking up? Get rid of him. Reid not working out? Find someone else.

Prison Bitch
09-09-2014, 11:30 AM
Direck on Obama: "he needs more time. He inherited a terrible situation"

Direck on Dorsey: "he doesn't need more time. One year is enough to turn around a terrible situation"

KCUnited
09-09-2014, 11:30 AM
In a passing league, to have an Oline that can't pass protect, a bottom of the league WR corp, a bottom of the league secondary, and a middle of the road QB says everything I need to know about Dorsey.

O.city
09-09-2014, 11:33 AM
It's thoughts like this why I don't know that chiefs fans will ever be able to handle a young QB that isn't luck from day 1.

The core everyone loves here, their chance of doing anything was done with Pioli leaving. That time has passed. It's time to focus an develop the new young core for the next wave.

Mr. Plow
09-09-2014, 11:35 AM
I agree with you about Dorsey being fired but it is not going to happen.

I am worried that this upcoming draft we will have 15 picks and he will fuck them all up and screw this team for a decade, that is how poor of a drafter he has been.

Clark needs to get on his knees and beg Bill Kuharich to come back

This team has already been screwed up for a decade.

O.city
09-09-2014, 11:36 AM
I'm also pretty sure last years "spending spree" etc came from ownership to get back to respectability ASAP.

The Franchise
09-09-2014, 11:40 AM
It's thoughts like this why I don't know that chiefs fans will ever be able to handle a young QB that isn't luck from day 1.

The core everyone loves here, their chance of doing anything was done with Pioli leaving. That time has passed. It's time to focus an develop the new young core for the next wave.

By fans....you mean the dipshits that worry more about tailgating and having fun at Arrowhead....right?

O.city
09-09-2014, 11:41 AM
By fans....you mean the dipshits that worry more about tailgating and having fun at Arrowhead....right?

That and patience.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-09-2014, 11:43 AM
I'm also pretty sure last years "spending spree" etc came from ownership to get back to respectability ASAP.

Of course it did. And there were plenty of people out there warning the fans that it was doomed if the intent was to build a championship contender. Of course, that was never the case, because Hunt doesn't care about championships, he wants a filled stadium and he can get that with 7-9. Just get the team to purgatory and the saps will come.

That's why the problem isn't John Dorsey, Scott Pioli, Matt Cassel, Carl Peterson, or Alex Smith. The problem is, and for 40 years has been, the Hunt family. Until they sell the team (never going to happen) or change their priorities (lawl) the team will wade in a sea of mediocrity.

LoneWolf
09-09-2014, 11:43 AM
It's ridiculous for you to say Pioli drafted well and then turn around and say it's time to fire Dorsey because of his drafts. Pioli's picks have been in the league long enough to prove that the majority of them are steaming piles of donkey shit. Dorsey's picks haven't completed 2 seasons yet. Here are Dorsey's picks so far.

Fisher--Starting at LT and he has struggled. He played better than I expected on Sunday.
Kelce--Looks to have the potential to be a good starting TE.
Knile Davis--showed in limited time last season that he is adequate when called upon.
Nico--bad pick. He has zero instincts for the game.
Commings--can't stay healthy. Bad pick.
Eric Kush--future starter on the OL. Has looked good in limited action.
Braden Wilson--bad pick.
Catapano--Lot of excitement over this player, but he hasn't shown anything yet. Jury is out.

Dee Ford--Lightning fast first step. Eventual successor to Hali.
Phillip Gaines--Looked lost in the preseason, but has press cover skills.
D'Anthony Thomas--Great return man with better skills than McCluster.
Aaron Murray--At one time was touted as a first round pick. Had good and bad moments in preseason.
Zach Fulton--Starter at guard and looks outmatched.
Laurent Duvernay-Tardiff--Complete project.

3 players from his first draft are playing significant minutes with 2 more that look like they could be regular contributors in the future. That kind of draft isn't exceptional, but it is pretty standard for the majority of GMs. Definitely not worthy of a "fire his ass" thread during his second season.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-09-2014, 11:45 AM
You've said that both times. I've rebutted both times.

I fail to see what going through the exercise a third time accomplishes.

Claiming that you offered a rebuttal is not the same as actually presenting a rebuttal. If Pioli's draft record was as solid as you claim, you should have little difficulty finding 20 teams over the same period with worse records.

You can't and you won't because there aren't 20 teams with worse draft records. If there were, this would be AFL fucking II

O.city
09-09-2014, 11:47 AM
Of course it did. And there were plenty of people out there warning the fans that it was doomed if the intent was to build a championship contender. Of course, that was never the case, because Hunt doesn't care about championships, he wants a filled stadium and he can get that with 7-9. Just get the team to purgatory and the saps will come.

That's why the problem isn't John Dorsey, Scott Pioli, Matt Cassel, Carl Peterson, or Alex Smith. The problem is, and for 40 years has been, the Hunt family. Until they sell the team (never going to happen) or change their priorities (lawl) the team will wade in a sea of mediocrity.

I think that's pretty spot on.

Which is why the whole fire Dorsey talk is pretty asisnine. They did this offseason what should have happened last year.

Coochie liquor
09-09-2014, 11:48 AM
It's ridiculous for you to say Pioli drafted well and then turn around and say it's time to fire Dorsey because of his drafts. Pioli's picks have been in the league long enough to prove that the majority of them are steaming piles of donkey shit. Dorsey's picks haven't completed 2 seasons yet. Here are Dorsey's picks so far.

Fisher--Starting at LT and he has struggled. He played better than I expected on Sunday.
Kelce--Looks to have the potential to be a good starting TE.
Knile Davis--showed in limited time last season that he is adequate when called upon.
Nico--bad pick. He has zero instincts for the game.
Commings--can't stay healthy. Bad pick.
Eric Kush--future starter on the OL. Has looked good in limited action.
Braden Wilson--bad pick.
Catapano--Lot of excitement over this player, but he hasn't shown anything yet. Jury is out.

Dee Ford--Lightning fast first step. Eventual successor to Hali.
Phillip Gaines--Looked lost in the preseason, but has press cover skills.
D'Anthony Thomas--Great return man with better skills than McCluster.
Aaron Murray--At one time was touted as a first round pick. Had good and bad moments in preseason.
Zach Fulton--Starter at guard and looks outmatched.
Laurent Duvernay-Tardiff--Complete project.

3 players from his first draft are playing significant minutes with 2 more that look like they could be regular contributors in the future. That kind of draft isn't exceptional, but it is pretty standard for the majority of GMs. Definitely not worthy of a "fire his ass" thread during his second season.

C'mon we need to fire front office and coaches every 17 reg season games til we win a SB. It's gotta work!!

dirk digler
09-09-2014, 11:49 AM

:bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo:

RunKC
09-09-2014, 11:54 AM
The primary problem right now is more on coaching, not John Dorsey.

Andy Reid is the reason we got Alex and gave up 2 2nd rd picks. He loved Alex and wanted the guy here. Had to have it his way.
Dorsey had no choice but to give up that price for Alex, so 2 valuable picks gone.

Dorsey drafts Fisher, who honestly looked a lot better on Sunday. He looked like a respectable NFL LT.
He drafted Kelce, who looks awesome. Oh wait, Reid only had him on the goddamn field for 18 snaps and 5 targets. WTF are you doing Reid?

Dorsey brings in Vance Walker to help the pass rush. The guy gets ONE snap on Sunday. ONE. And it was a needed sack. Why in the ****ing realm of ****s would you not play this guy more?

You can absolutely say that you don't like Dorsey's plan to build for next year with this draft and he could have brought in at least one other quality FA for cheap, but to say his picks aren't working is laughable.

We know that DAT and Kelce are going to be BAMF. We also know that Dee Ford and Phillip Gaines will rarely play this year. So I ask you. If Fisher looks solid like he did Sunday and Kelce, Cooper and DAT break out into good playmakers, will you still point the finger at Dorsey for not drafting well?

Coochie liquor
09-09-2014, 11:55 AM

We'll put. Except for the fact that we aren't under spending. We're almost maxed out in cap space, and a championship will fill the stadium faster than anything. Might be hard for a "master of the custodial arts" to understand, but I'm pretty sure the people who have money actually invested in the team or even regular fans would understand! Dumb argument!

The Franchise
09-09-2014, 11:55 AM

Andy Reid is the reason we got Alex and gave up 2 2nd rd picks. He loved Alex and wanted the guy here. Had to have it his way.
Dorsey had no choice but to give up that price for Alex, so 2 valuable picks gone.

Dorsey drafts Fisher, who honestly looked a lot better on Sunday. He looked like a respectable NFL LT.
He drafted Kelce, who looks awesome. Oh wait, Reid only had him on the goddamn field for 18 snaps and 5 targets. WTF are you doing Reid?

Dorsey brings in Vance Walker to help the pass rush. The guy gets ONE snap on Sunday. ONE. And it was a needed sack. Why in the fucking realm of fucks would you not play this guy more?

You can absolutely say that you don't like Dorsey's plan to build for next year with this draft and he could have brought in at least one other quality FA for cheap, but to say his picks aren't working is laughable.

We know that DAT and Kelce are going to be BAMF. We also know that Dee Ford and Phillip Gaines will rarely play this year. So I ask you. If Fisher looks solid like he did Sunday and Kelce, along with DAT, break out into good playmakers, will you still point the finger at Dorsey for not drafting well?

Sutton needs to go.

dirk digler
09-09-2014, 11:57 AM

Dorsey brings in Vance Walker to help the pass rush. The guy gets ONE snap on Sunday. ONE. And it was a needed sack. Why in the fucking realm of fucks would you not play this guy more?

We know that DAT and Kelce are going to be BAMF. We also know that Dee Ford and Phillip Gaines will rarely play this year. So I ask you. If Fisher looks solid like he did Sunday and Kelce, along with DAT, break out into good playmakers, will you still point the finger at Dorsey for not drafting well?

I hate Reid and never wanted him in the first place so I will not be defending him but if you look at the depth of this team outside of QB, RB, and TE this team is fucking horrible depth wise.

Coochie liquor
09-09-2014, 12:00 PM
Sutton needs to go.

Totally agree. I think he will be given til seasons end. Only prob is who takes his place then. It's gonna be another former Andy Reid assistant. Also I'd like to know who came up with the offensive gameplan for the Titans game. Was it Reid, or Peterson?

RealSNR
09-09-2014, 12:01 PM

Mother Motherfucking Teresa could negotiate a better deal for a player than John Dorsey can.

That guy has yet to sign a player to a contract or make a transaction that has me going, "Wow, nice job! That's a great deal!"

Pioli had the trade down out of the 1st round in 2011. The Jamaal Charles extension. The Derrick Johnson extension. He was still a fucking moron, but when the situation was obvious on how best to negotiate, he could be fairly shrewd.

I'm pretty sure if Clark had kept Pioli on as GM and told him to just do whatever Andy says, he would have acquired Alex Smith for a lot less than TWO mother fucking 2nd round picks.

Mr_Tomahawk
09-09-2014, 12:02 PM
http://cjonline.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/superphoto/12546885.jpg

RunKC
09-09-2014, 12:03 PM
I hate Reid and never wanted him in the first place so I will not be defending him but if you look at the depth of this team outside of QB, RB, and TE this team is ****ing horrible depth wise.

DL isn't too bad. Bailey and Walker are our backups and both got sacks Sunday.
We're bringing in Vickerson because we don't have shit behind them with Cat and DeVito out.

I like JMJ a lot. I really do. We'll see.

CB is a dumpster fire with Owens and Parker. Unknown with Gaines. Safety is terrible depth wise. OL has some guys I'd like to see play at the end of the year in Kush and LDT, but other then that you are right. We need a WR too.

Our GM will finally have enough picks next year. In fact he'll have extra. Next year needs to be a year where we trade and be aggressive. Getting 3 or 4 good players like 2008. This is the perfect opportunity.

Chiefnj2
09-09-2014, 12:04 PM

Dorsey brings in Vance Walker to help the pass rush. The guy gets ONE snap on Sunday. ONE. And it was a needed sack. Why in the ****ing realm of ****s would you not play this guy more?

We know that DAT and Kelce are going to be BAMF. We also know that Dee Ford and Phillip Gaines will rarely play this year. So I ask you. If Fisher looks solid like he did Sunday and Kelce, Cooper and DAT break out into good playmakers, will you still point the finger at Dorsey for not drafting well?

Sounds like a lot of "ifs". If Fisher plays well, if Kelce plays well, if DAT sees the field ...

L.A. Chieffan
09-09-2014, 12:05 PM
Other than Berry and Houston, who were both no brainers that any GM would have drafted in that position, he really didn't draft that well

MahiMike
09-09-2014, 12:08 PM
You forgot our biggest anchor in Bowe.

Mr_Tomahawk
09-09-2014, 12:08 PM
DORSEID >>>> PIOLEYNNEL

Mr. Arrowhead
09-09-2014, 12:11 PM
this is pointless discussion Dorsey will be here at least til the end of the 2016 season IMO

Shox
09-09-2014, 12:12 PM
I'm sorry the worst unit on this team is WR and it is not even close.

You could cut them all loose and the only one who would find another job would be Bowe. It might be as a redzone specialist and not even a #2 guy.

The DB/S are not good, but a lot their problem is Dorsey. Look at Kendricks, he has a starting job with another team.

Oline is the second worst unit. Outside of Fisher not much there.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-09-2014, 12:14 PM
this is pointless discussion Dorsey will be here at least til the end of the 2016 season IMO

Bare minimum. He'll get at least 4 years. Probably 5+. Face it. If Pioli hadn't created such a hostile environment all the way around, he'd still be here. The Clarks have always been loyal to a fault.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-09-2014, 12:15 PM

You could cut them all loose and the only one who would find another job would be Bowe. It might be as a redzone specialist and not even a #2 guy.

The DB/S are not good, but a lot their problem is Dorsey. Look at Kendricks, he has a starting job with another team.

Avery would get a slot job somewhere.

the Talking Can
09-09-2014, 12:16 PM
Pioli was an aids fueled dumpster fire. He was the Grim Reaper for this franchise. Few GMs in history have left their team a smouldering ruin the way he did.

And his draft record is embarrassing. Defending it is embarrassing.

The Dorsey/Reid era ended the moment they paid $10 dollars for a nickle QB. Just like Cassel, fear and ignorance - aka Clark Hunt - reigned. Dorsey's drafting doesn't matter. We're stuck with a ****ing nobody as our QB.

We now have the 18th best QB in the league, 3rd best QB in our conference, locked up for $45 million guaranteed. The clown just got out played by something called Jake Locker.

And we have absolutely nothing to show for having the #1 pick in the draft (the only gift Pioli gave us). Absolutely nothing.

But we still have fans who clap loudly. And we didn't do anything risky. So there's always that...

Chief Roundup
09-09-2014, 12:17 PM

Come the fuck on Kendrick Lewis was and is a sorry POS. He fucking sucks ass man. You are saying that Fisher is good......LOL
Your credibility was just flushed just like when I take the Browns to the Bowl.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-09-2014, 12:19 PM
Pioli was an aids fueled dumpster fire. He was the Grim Reaper for this franchise. Few GMs in history have left their team a smouldering ruin the way he did.

And his draft record is embarrassing. Defending it is embarrassing.

The Dorsey/Reid era ended the moment they paid $10 dollars for a nickle QB. Just like Cassel, fear and ignorance - aka Clark Hunt - reigned. Dorsey's drafting doesn't matter. We're stuck with a ****ing nobody as our QB.

We now have the 18th best QB in the league, 3rd best QB in our conference, locked up for $45 million guaranteed. The clown just got out played by something called Jake Locker.

And we have absolutely nothing to show for having the #1 pick in the draft (the only gift Pioli gave us). Absolutely nothing.

But we still have fans who clap loudly. And we didn't do anything risky. So there's always that...

If Locker can stay healthy this year (probably won't happen) he'll throw for 4000 yards.

Eleazar
09-09-2014, 12:22 PM
It's hard to believe anyone thinks Pioli was anything other than horrendous in the draft. You probably could have gotten better results if you picked using one of those powerball machines.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-09-2014, 12:27 PM
Yeah, I've never seen anyone defend it. D, can you link the thread where you and Hamas talked about this? I'd love to read it.

jd1020
09-09-2014, 12:27 PM
I've already chopped it off.

Dorsey is worse than Pioli, imo.

They are/were both horrible at evaluating talent. They both draft like shit. They both threw some mediocre QB on the pedestal and paid him a ridiculous amount of money. But Pioli was actually decent with the money side of the operation, Dorsey is just a complete moron. He has yet to sign anyone to a contract where you can sit back and say "well that makes sense!"

Mr. Flopnuts
09-09-2014, 12:28 PM

They are/were both horrible at evaluating talent. They both draft like shit. They both threw some mediocre QB on the pedestal and paid him a ridiculous amount of money. But Pioli was actually decent with the money side of the operation, Dorsey is just a complete moron.

Reactionary bullshit. I'm left scratching my head the same way I was at this point in Pioli's tenure, but it's way too early to stake those claims. That's how bad Pioli is.

jd1020
09-09-2014, 12:29 PM
Reactionary bullshit. I'm left scratching my head the same way I was at this point in Pioli's tenure, but it's way too early to stake those claims. That's how bad Pioli is.

Never too early!

Cut the head off before Arrowhead goes black again!

Mr. Flopnuts
09-09-2014, 12:32 PM
Never too early!

Cut the head off before Arrowhead goes black again!

I agree with that. You have to be proactive running a team this bad. There isn't time for errors. I think I would put him on the hotseat now, but would probably give him one more draft and off season before pulling the trigger. 3 years is reasonable. That's just me.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2014, 12:37 PM
Uh, can we put Reid's fat fucking neck on the block too? You DO KNOW that his man-love of fatties was the cause for Fissure, yes? YES?

chuxtrux
09-09-2014, 12:52 PM
1. Team makes one of the biggest season to season improvements in franchise history. 2. Loses first game of the following season. 3. FIRE THE GM!!!! DAMMIT CARL!!! :cuss:

Discuss Thrower
09-09-2014, 12:53 PM
The Hunt family is the root of the problem.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-09-2014, 12:54 PM
1. Team makes one of the biggest season to season improvements in franchise history. 2. Loses first game of the following season. 3. FIRE THE GM!!!! DAMMIT CARL!!! :cuss:

ROFL

jd1020
09-09-2014, 12:55 PM

Teams make improvements in their W-L record all the time. That doesn't mean they are actually an improved team.

warrior
09-09-2014, 12:55 PM

They are/were both horrible at evaluating talent. They both draft like shit. They both threw some mediocre QB on the pedestal and paid him a ridiculous amount of money. But Pioli was actually decent with the money side of the operation, Dorsey is just a complete moron. He has yet to sign anyone to a contract where you can sit back and say "well that makes sense!"

May be the first time I've agreed with you little tractor but your spot on with Dorkey he's terriable at evaluating talent.

saphojunkie
09-09-2014, 12:57 PM

Jamaal Charles.

And they aren't paying Alex Smith a ridiculous amount of money.

InChiefsHeaven
09-09-2014, 12:59 PM

It's not that we lost...it's that we looked inept as hell.

The QB we just signed looked terrible.

The offensive line we just patched together looked terrible.

The idiot #1 wideout got busted and had to sit the game.

The DB's were underwhelming to say the least.

The Best RB in the league may as well have been eating friggin' nachos

The coach admits to "negligence" when it came to the idiotic gameplan. The same coach who has years of experience in the league and is going to save us from embarassing losses.

I could have lived with a last minute field goal loss, one where Alex had thrown for 220 yards and 1 td, since we were missing Bowe and our OLine is suspect. But THIS??

I'm not saying throw out the baby with the bathwater. But that baby is looking less and less like me...I think I might have been fooled somewhere along the line...

jd1020
09-09-2014, 01:00 PM
And they aren't paying Alex Smith a ridiculous amount of money.

The fuck they aren't.

Red Dawg
09-09-2014, 01:07 PM
Personally we should hope to have the same coach and manager for many years and let them build. All the teams that have long standing success in the league stick to the men they hire and let them work instead of turning over their staff and roster every few years. I am no lover of what has been so far with the exception of a few moves but by no means is dumping them a good idea yet. That would a Raider, Brown or Jax type move. This is the sacrifice season that normally would have been done in year one. Money and all our picks should make a large difference in 2015. Just so its not a shock. Hali will be dumped to pay Houston.

Let them assemble their roster.

Chief Roundup
09-09-2014, 01:08 PM
The **** they aren't.

You think that 4.6 mil this year, 15.6 mil next year, and 17.8 mil in 2016 after which we could release him and save money is paying too much for Smith?

Let me guess you think the 4.6 mil this year is too much. :rolleyes:

Discuss Thrower
09-09-2014, 01:09 PM
You think that 4.6 mil this year, 15.6 mil next year, and 17.8 mil in 2016 after which we could release him and save money is paying too much for Smith?

For a guy that needs pro bowlers at receiver for him to be effective, abso-fucking-lutely KC overpaid for the guy.

saphojunkie
09-09-2014, 01:10 PM
They can cut Smith after this year and while it costs 14.4 million in cash, it actually saves money on the cap.

Your argument is invalid. Alex Smith's contract is not preventing the Chiefs from making roster moves nor have they shown an unwillingness to give him competition. That alone distinguishes Dorsey from Pioli.

Eleazar
09-09-2014, 01:11 PM
For a guy that needs pro bowlers at receiver for him to be effective, abso-****ing-lutely KC overpaid for the guy.

He was effective last season with the same group.

jd1020
09-09-2014, 01:12 PM

Let me guess you think the 4.6 mil this year is too much. :rolleyes:

Guy is going to make elite money over the first 3 years of his contract while playing at the level of a top 20 QB his entire career.

Not overpaid /CR

DaWolf
But Pioli was actually decent with the money side of the operation, Dorsey is just a complete moron. He has yet to sign anyone to a contract where you can sit back and say "well that makes sense!"

You mean like giving Stanford Routt a 3 year, 18 million deal and then waiving him halfway through season one? You mean like overpaying Brandon Flowers? You mean like overdrafting Tyson Jackson, a non-playmaker, at No 3 and essentially handing him a $30 mil guarantee? You mean like giving Matt Cassel a $60 million contract?

Pioli was not great with money. He actually sucked at money. He was lucky that he signed a couple of guys who wanted to be here to team friendly deals, one of which was Charles, who re-upped last month with another team friendly deal. His best move may have been not overpaying Carr...

jd1020
Alex Smith's contract is not preventing the Chiefs from making roster moves nor have they shown an unwillingness to give him competition. That alone distinguishes Dorsey from Pioli.

Are you fucking serious?

What competition does Alex have that Cassel didnt?

bigjosh
09-09-2014, 01:18 PM
I think we all knew when they signed bowe that Albert was probably on his last leg here. He let guys walk and didn't replace them, but there's a lot of variables that go into assembling a team. I don't think we should blow it up yet. It's ludicrous really.

Players take time to reach their potential. I think the process of actually building this team has begun. Last year was a band aid year. Now we're witnessing the surgery that I'm sure Dorsey and Reid wanted to do last year but were handicapped by the owner.

DaWolf
09-09-2014, 01:24 PM
You guys are fooling yourselves if you don't think that Reid isn't the one calling the shots here. You think Dorsey walked into Reid's office and told him that he's trading two 2nd round picks for Smith? You really think a guy who cherishes all of his draft picks and is all about building in the draft is trading two 2's for Smith?

That call was all Andy Reid. And it has handcuffed us for two drafts.

Again, I don't care what the org chart says. Andy Reid runs this show. He picked the GM. He's also running the offense on this team, so no way he doesn't pick Bowe over Albert, or pick Fisher over Joekel as all of the draft projections had Fisher being the more athletic and mobile tackle that Andy Reid likes.

The difference between Pioli and Dorsey is that Pioli was calling all the shots. This here is Reid's show. On paper, they both answer directly to Clark. But in reality, you become one of the highest paid coaches in sports, you get to hire your buddy to come be the GM, you are the one with the juice...

RealSNR
09-09-2014, 01:25 PM
Personally we should hope to have the same coach and manager for many years and let them build. All the teams that have long standing success in the league stick to the men they hire and let them work instead of turning over their staff and roster every few years. I am no lover of what has been so far with the exception of a few moves but by no means is dumping them a good idea yet. That would a Raider, Brown or Jax type move. This is the sacrifice season that normally would have been done in year one. Money and all our picks should make a large difference in 2015. Just so its not a shock. Hali will be dumped to pay Houston.

Let them assemble their roster.

I would have NO PROBLEM at all with a sacrifice season if it there was a direction that I could tell the team was going in.

Under Herm when the purposeful rebuild started, it was bad, but I could TELL it was a sacrifice season. We cut and traded away our aging players, including our veteran starting QB of the past 6 years.

Under Dorsey, he has a weird way of going about a "sacrifice season." Instead of cutting loose his QB, he extends him. He keeps aboard guys like Fasano, Daniel, DeVito, and Avery, bringing our team right up to the cap limit with largely shit on board. And how did we get that close to the cap? Because he went out the year before and spent like a moron on a fucking 2-12 team.

I could have handled last year being another losing year, provided I saw direction in the moves. As such, there's nothing like that going on. We're going to have a deficiency this year as well as next year when we have to cut and let walk another zillion players, all while paying out the ass for overpriced extensions because Dorsey negotiates contracts like a flaming retard.

I'd pay money to have the Herm years back. At least then there was hope for a foundation-building personnel strategy. What we've got going on now is just throwing shit at the canvas and connecting the poop stains with the magic marker known as scrap heap acquisitions to make a work of art that belongs in a goddamn monkey exhibit

Chief Roundup
09-09-2014, 01:28 PM
Guy is going to make elite money over the first 3 years of his contract while playing at the level of a top 20 QB his entire career.

Not overpaid /CR

$12 mil average over the first three years is not elite money.

Ming the Merciless
09-09-2014, 01:28 PM
Nah....we probably have to let them use this butt load of draft picks then give them 3 years to see how they pan out

He is fired in 2016 or 2017 if we havent won a playoff game IMO

Chief Roundup
09-09-2014, 01:29 PM
You mean like giving Stanford Routt a 3 year, 18 million deal and then waiving him halfway through season one? You mean like overpaying Brandon Flowers? You mean like overdrafting Tyson Jackson, a non-playmaker, at No 3 and essentially handing him a $30 mil guarantee? You mean like giving Matt Cassel a $60 million contract?

Pioli was not great with money. He actually sucked at money. He was lucky that he signed a couple of guys who wanted to be here to team friendly deals, one of which was Charles, who re-upped last month with another team friendly deal. His best move may have been not overpaying Carr...

:doh!:

jd1020
$12 mil average over the first three years is not elite money.

He's making a lot more than $36 million over 3 years, idiot.

New World Order
Yet everyone flamed me when I posted the John "The Jackass" Dorsey thread. Many should have seen he was an idiot way before the season started.

RealSNR
You guys are fooling yourselves if you don't think that Reid isn't the one calling the shots here. You think Dorsey walked into Reid's office and told him that he's trading two 2nd round picks for Smith? You really think a guy who cherishes all of his draft picks and is all about building in the draft is trading two 2's for Smith?

Who says Dorsey cherishes his draft picks?

If he really cherished his draft picks, he wouldn't have announced the Alex Smith deal so soon. Remember, it was announced the DAY after the 2013 combine. Dorsey would have played hardball for awhile to get the price down if he really cherished all his draft picks.

Instead he spent draft stock like he was at a restaurant and gave an extra-nice tip to Trent Baalke for excellent service.

Direckshun
09-09-2014, 01:30 PM
As SNR essentially just argued, it's important to remember the key difference between Pioli and Dorsey.

Pioli inherited a dumpster fire, and fails to build much of anything on top of it by hamstringing his personnel acquisitions with a terrible QB and godawful coaching.

Dorsey inherited a mostly good roster except at the one position that counts, and has systematically dismantled it for no conceivable gain.

Ming the Merciless
09-09-2014, 01:33 PM
I would have NO PROBLEM at all with a sacrifice season if it there was a direction that I could tell the team was going in.

Exactly

This whole thing wouldve been so much easier to swallow if they didnt bullshit with the whole 'win now' garbage from '13 and this '14....

We can take it....they made it worse by fooling the homers and casual fans into thinking we had a chance to do shit last season or this season..

I mean I guess its subtle and minor...And I dont expect them to say 'hey the team is a mess right now, and we arent gonna win as much as you think'.....But instead of 'win now' how about saying....."you know what guys, we do want to win ballgames but the most important thing is building a franchise long term...and if that means losing a little more for the 1st couple years instead of wasting money and draft picks on short term issues...then so be it"

I also don't get why we don't have a solid project QB, unless Murray is it...but I have a feeling if he fell to the 5th round that he probably is not the guy.

Part of me is honestly scared they REALLY believed the win now hype...but how could they...?

Chief Roundup
09-09-2014, 01:34 PM
He's making a lot more than $36 million over 3 years, idiot.

http://overthecap.com/player/alex-smith/784/

Not according to this. You fucking jackass.

Ming the Merciless
09-09-2014, 01:35 PM
Yet everyone flamed me when I posted the John "The Jackass" Dorsey thread. Many should have seen he was an idiot way before the season started.

Picasso was not understood in his time

We are just now discovering the depth of Frank Zappas genius

The more we look at Capablanca's chess games with stronger computers the more we realize he was extremely ahead of his time.....and not understood

SO too will your genius thread be timelessly shared and re-examined through the ages like these things

New World Order
Who says Dorsey cherishes his draft picks?

If he really cherished his draft picks, he wouldn't have announced the Alex Smith deal so soon. Remember, it was announced the DAY after the 2013 combine. Dorsey would have played hardball for awhile to get the price down if he really cherished all his draft picks.

Instead he spent draft stock like he was at a restaurant and gave an extra-nice tip to Trent Baalke for excellent service.

I think Alex Smith was Andy Reid's decision.

jd1020
http://overthecap.com/player/alex-smith/784/

Not according to this. You ****ing jackass.

Alex Smith got $45M gauranteed, moron. That puts him at the 7th highest QB in terms of gaurantees and every single penny of that $45M is going to be paid within the first 3 years.

For what?

What was the purpose of extending a guy like Alex when you are going to willingly let the few half way talented pieces walk off the roster and fill it in with jack and shit.

New World Order
09-09-2014, 01:36 PM
Picasso was not understood in his time

We are just now discovering the depth of Frank Zappas genius

The more we look at Capablanca's chess games with stronger computers the more we realize he was extremely ahead of his time.....and not understood

SO too will your genius thread be timelessly shared and re-examined through the ages like these things

LMAO

You were one of the few who could see through Dorsey's bullshit

Chief Roundup
09-09-2014, 01:38 PM
Alex Smith got $45M gauranteed, moron. That puts him at the 7th highest QB in terms of gaurantees and every single penny of that $45M is going to be paid within the first 3 years.

Listen you fucking dickcheese. $15 mil of that is only guaranteed if he is still on the roster in 2017.
Click on the fucking link. It shows you specifically what his cap hit is per year. You are right it is over 36 mil but not very damn much.

ChiefsCountry
How in the hell did Pioli inherit a dumpster fire? In 2009 this franchise was stocked with young talent that essentially needed two maybe 3 more drafts into turning this into one hell of a team for many years.

jd1020
Listen you ****ing dickcheese. $15 mil of that is only guaranteed if he is still on the roster in 2017.
Click on the ****ing link. It shows you specifically what his cap hit is per year. You are right it is over 36 mil but not very damn much.

You are dumb as fuck.

New World Order
09-09-2014, 01:39 PM
How in the hell did Pioli inherit a dumpster fire? In 2009 this franchise was stocked with young talent that essentially needed two maybe 3 more drafts into turning this into one hell of a team for many years.

This. When Pioli arrived he had what many incoming GMs did not:

Franchise LT

Franchise RB

2 good corners

Good pass rusher

Pro Bowl Caliber WR

RealSNR
09-09-2014, 01:41 PM
People said, "Who fucking cares about 2nd round picks? They're second round picks."

They are also draft picks that allow you the agency to pick whatever the fuck you want or need. You can justify any non-kicker position drafted with a 2nd round pick. You can't do that with #1 overall. If an interior OL really is the best player in the draft, you can't just take him at #1 overall.

I argued over and over again last offseason after the draft that Dorsey should have given the 49ers the #1 overall pick for Alex Smith if he was going to waste it on a walking AIDS fire like Eric Fisher. People called me crazy for no other reason than, "IT'S THE #1 OVERALL PICK!"

Yeah, it is. I agree it's fucking huge. So use it wisely... don't just take an undersized MAC conference pussy of a LT when we already had Albert, Winston, and Stephenson on the team. If you are going to take the coward's way out with the #1 pick, you may as well burn it and get your magic Alex Smith that you think is going to save the day.

Instead, we used the #1 overall pick to save about $5 million per year on our LT. THAT'S. FUCKING. IT. That's what we used our #1 pick on.

Christ.

Chief Roundup
09-09-2014, 01:41 PM
You are dumb as ****.

I have given you proof, but it doesn't fit your agenda so you will choose to ignore. Now who is the fucking dumbass again?

jd1020
09-09-2014, 01:42 PM
I have given you proof, but it doesn't fit your agenda so you will choose to ignore. Now who is the ****ing dumbass again?

You have only proven how dumb you are.

Chief Roundup
09-09-2014, 01:44 PM
You have only proven how dumb you are.

Did you ever check out the link? Are you saying that Over the cap is wrong?

jd1020
09-09-2014, 01:45 PM
Did you ever check out the link? Are you saying that Over the cap is wrong?

Overthecap is 100% right. It's you that's 100% wrong because you can't even read your own fucking link.

jd1020
09-09-2014, 01:46 PM
$15 mil of that is only guaranteed if he is still on the roster in 2017.

Quote where Overthecap says this... PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!

RealSNR
09-09-2014, 01:47 PM
I think Alex Smith was Andy Reid's decision.

It was everyone's decision. Clark Hunt came right out and said after the season was over that spending a draft pick on a QB carried a lot of risk and that in this particular class of QBs he didn't see anybody he really liked

Simply Red
09-09-2014, 01:48 PM
Peyton Manning

Chief Roundup
09-09-2014, 01:53 PM
Quote where Overthecap says this... PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!

Profootball talk is the one that reported that the $15 mil is an injury only guarantee. If he is not injured then it changes to a roster bonus in 2017.
That is why if we cut him after the 2016 season or before the 2017 season it will only cost us a little over 7 mil to release him.
I was using over the cap to show you exactly what he is costing the team. Which is a far cry from elite money.

The Franchise
09-09-2014, 01:53 PM
I have given you proof, but it doesn't fit your agenda so you will choose to ignore. Now who is the fucking dumbass again?

Dipshit.

The $18 million signing bonus and $1 million 2014 salary is fully guaranteed.

If he is on the roster on the third day of the 2015 league year (next March - very likely), his 2015 and 2016 salaries totaling $26 million become fully guaranteed, according to La Canfora's report.

Those figures total the reported $45 million guaranteed and his three-year pay-out. You hear people talk about the three year pay-out because NFL contracts aren't real contracts and teams will just cut players with few penalties in the back end of contracts.

jd1020
09-09-2014, 01:54 PM
Profootball talk is the one that reported that the $15 mil is an injury only guarantee. If he is not injured then it changes to a roster bonus in 2017.
That is why if we cut him after the 2016 season or before the 2017 season it will only cost us a little over 7 mil to release him.
I was using over the cap to show you exactly what he is costing the team. Which is a far cry from elite money.

:facepalm:

New World Order
09-09-2014, 01:55 PM
It was everyone's decision. Clark Hunt came right out and said after the season was over that spending a draft pick on a QB carried a lot of risk and that in this particular class of QBs he didn't see anybody he really liked

This makes me want to vomit

Chief Roundup
09-09-2014, 01:55 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/31/chiefs-extend-alex-smith/

Per a league source, Smith gets $30 million guaranteed at signing. Another $15 million in injury-only guarantee vests in March 2015.

Chief Roundup
09-09-2014, 01:58 PM
Dipshit.

If he is on the roster on the third day of the 2015 league year (next March - very likely), his 2015 and 2016 salaries totaling $26 million become fully guaranteed, according to La Canfora's report.

Those figures total the reported $45 million guaranteed and his three-year pay-out. You hear people talk about the three year pay-out because NFL contracts aren't real contracts and teams will just cut players with few penalties in the back end of contracts.

Ok so if La Canfora is right it is still $15 mil a year. That is not elite money for a QB.

The Franchise
09-09-2014, 01:59 PM
Ok so if La Canfora is right it is still $15 mil a year. That is not elite money for a QB.

It's completely guaranteed and well over your bullshit $36M mark.

New World Order
09-09-2014, 02:00 PM
I think Chief Roundup is on crack

lcarus
09-09-2014, 02:08 PM
Instead, we used the #1 overall pick to save about $5 million per year on our LT. THAT'S. FUCKING. IT. That's what we used our #1 pick on.

Christ.

And right now he isn't even close to as good as Albert

Ming the Merciless
09-09-2014, 02:12 PM
And right now he isn't even close to as good as Albert

and i think the numbers could even get worse..lets say we get lucky and fisher turns out as good as Albert...

His contract will come up for renegotiation very soon, and then what?

$$$$

jd1020
09-09-2014, 02:12 PM
and i think the numbers could even get worse..lets say we get lucky and fisher turns out as good as Albert...

$$$$

Dorsey will draft a JuCo RT to replace him.

Chief Roundup
09-09-2014, 02:16 PM
It's completely guaranteed and well over your bullshit $36M mark.

Well excuse the fuck out of me for believing Profootballtalk and over the cap in the numbers. Yes I should have added the 7+ if we release him.
But still the point stands that $12 to $15 mil is not elite level money.

The Franchise
09-09-2014, 02:17 PM

$$$$

His contract is horrible now. That fucking thing is entirely guaranteed.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-09-2014, 02:26 PM
Let's not forget the clown shoes Emanuel Sanders and his agent put on Dorsey this off season that has contributed to this mess on offense. Dorsey has made some colossal fuck ups since taking over.

Direckshun
09-09-2014, 02:30 PM
Let's not forget the clown shoes Emanuel Sanders and his agent put on Dorsey this off season that has contributed to this mess on offense. Dorsey has made some colossal **** ups since taking over.

Ugh. God.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2014, 03:18 PM

And this is why my overall interest level is right up there with watching grass grow.

Rausch
09-09-2014, 03:23 PM
Um, please?...

Coochie liquor
09-09-2014, 03:28 PM
And this is why my overall interest level is right up there with watching grass grow.

Why because that draft was full of amazing qbs??

Rausch
09-09-2014, 03:31 PM
Why because that draft was full of amazing qbs??

Because there was talent that's produced and we watched Dorsey piss down his leg...

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2014, 03:35 PM
Because there was talent that's produced and we watched Dorsey piss down his leg...

:LOL:

Coochie liquor
09-09-2014, 03:36 PM

Hindsight... Gotcha!

Pablo
09-09-2014, 03:38 PM
The Chiefs already had AIDS. Dorsey came in and gave us asshole cancer too.

Thanks a lot John.

Pablo
09-09-2014, 03:39 PM
Hindsight... Gotcha!Let me guess?

Just be patient!!! Things are looking up!!!

Pablo
09-09-2014, 03:43 PM
If only GMs got paid great money to make decisions that us common plebes would need the benefit of hindsight to make. They're only human after all.

Rausch
09-09-2014, 03:47 PM
Hindsight... Gotcha!

It was fucking obvious.

I, and many others, said it at the time.

He wasted picks, money, and all of our fucking time...

chiefzilla1501
09-09-2014, 04:02 PM
I hope we don't get lulled into loyalty like we always do. However, it's way too soon to make that call. Dorsey has set a framework for a big haul in 2015. I think he deserves a chance to show what he can do and for our draft picks to have time to show what they can do. But I do think that next year, we need to set that ultimatum that he shouldn't get too comfortable top fast. As of right now, his draft choices don't inspire much hope.

Halfcan
09-09-2014, 04:42 PM
The Chiefs already had AIDS. Dorsey came in and gave us asshole cancer too.

Thanks a lot John.

:LOL:

Dorsey has done a dismal job all the way around....well except for "fixing" tailgating at Arrowhead- you know because it was so terrible before... so great job putting RULES in place and guiding traffic all around the sports complex. :thumb:

If he gets fired after this year-I think it could only help this team.

Dumping all the scrubs from the practice squad and adding more scrubs did nothing. Just "busy" work that won't help this team. That fat Alex contract will be his albatross that will drown him in a sea of failure.

Rausch
09-09-2014, 04:47 PM
If only GMs got paid great money to make decisions that us common plebes would need the benefit of hindsight to make. They're only human after all.

You stupid fuck WE SAW THE ERRORS ON FUCKING DRAFT DAY.

It's not new. You damned sunshine-enema retards wanting to make excuses for everything pretend like there was no fucking way of knowing...

saphojunkie
09-09-2014, 05:05 PM
You stupid **** WE SAW THE ERRORS ON ****ING DRAFT DAY.

It's not new. You damned sunshine-enema retards wanting to make excuses for everything pretend like there was no ****ing way of knowing...

no way of knowing what?

Coochie liquor
09-09-2014, 05:15 PM
Let me guess?

Just be patient!!! Things are looking up!!!

No clean house AGAIN, especially after going from a 2 win team to an 11 win team. Let's blow it all up because we feel we should be SB ready right now. JFC!! You are so entitled!

Coochie liquor
09-09-2014, 05:18 PM
You stupid fuck WE SAW THE ERRORS ON FUCKING DRAFT DAY.

It's not new. You damned sunshine-enema retards wanting to make excuses for everything pretend like there was no fucking way of knowing...

You mad bro? I think you take this game a little too seriously. Do you own stock in the team? Are you a silent partner? Somehow related? Sleeping with one of the players? Then what the fuck do you get so worked up about?? Take a chill pill dude! It ain't worth having a stroke over.

Discuss Thrower
09-09-2014, 05:19 PM
No clean house AGAIN, especially after going from a 2 win team to an 11 win team. Let's blow it all up because we feel we should be SB ready right now. JFC!! You are so entitled!
They should have been SB ready in 2015.

They might get to .500 in 2015.

saphojunkie
09-09-2014, 05:28 PM

For what?

What was the purpose of extending a guy like Alex when you are going to willingly let the few half way talented pieces walk off the roster and fill it in with jack and shit.

There is no $45M guaranteed. The fact that you're unwilling to understand how contracts work doesn't suddenly reverse the objectivity of ****ing MATH.

Alex Smith got a signing of $18 million dollars. His salary for this year is $1M. THAT IS THE ONLY GUARANTEED MONEY. The Chiefs can CUT ALEX SMITH THIS OFFSEASON AND SAVE MONEY ON THE CAP.

It is not an albatross.

If they are in a position to draft a QB in the first round this year, they can do so and cut Alex Smith immediately, which will then accelerate his signing bonus to all on one year. That means the remainder (4 years @ $3.6M) would be $14.4M.

That is $1.2M less than his cap number next year. And guess what? Then he's off the books. Period. If they cut him post June 1, then his cap number is reduced from $15.6M next year to $3.6M. Then in 2016 his dead money cap number is $10.8M. Again, after that, he's completely off the books.

OH NOES HOW WILL WE EVER GET OUT FROM UNDER THIS HORRIBLE CONTRACT?! DORSEY YOU ARE SO UNBELIEVABLY STU....

oh. nevermind.

There are LEGITIMATE things to complain about, but when you start saying "every move Dorsey makes is retarded derp derp!" it completely discredits the valid arguments. It's an argument of stupid fans who think there are only two kinds of GMs: Super Bowl winners and complete morons who have no business holding a job in professional sports.

Coochie liquor
09-09-2014, 05:31 PM
They should have been SB ready in 2015.

They might get to .500 in 2015.

I'm confused (as always) so we didn't have good drafts by the curren regime, or the last regime, yet we should have been able to build a team with where we were cap wise and with the personel we had in 2 seasons? All this while being the worst team in the league the year this regime took over. Why aren't you a GM somewhere? I don't understand! That plan sounds absolutely flawless!

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-09-2014, 05:35 PM
People said, "Who fucking cares about 2nd round picks? They're second round picks."

They are also draft picks that allow you the agency to pick whatever the fuck you want or need. You can justify any non-kicker position drafted with a 2nd round pick. You can't do that with #1 overall. If an interior OL really is the best player in the draft, you can't just take him at #1 overall.

I argued over and over again last offseason after the draft that Dorsey should have given the 49ers the #1 overall pick for Alex Smith if he was going to waste it on a walking AIDS fire like Eric Fisher. People called me crazy for no other reason than, "IT'S THE #1 OVERALL PICK!"

Yeah, it is. I agree it's fucking huge. So use it wisely... don't just take an undersized MAC conference pussy of a LT when we already had Albert, Winston, and Stephenson on the team. If you are going to take the coward's way out with the #1 pick, you may as well burn it and get your magic Alex Smith that you think is going to save the day.

Christ.

You forgot that we also downgraded significantly at LT and assumed $8 million worth of QB who was due an extension soon.

You can't even make a financial argument for that pick. It's like telling your wife you saved a dollar on toilet paper and then bought an arm's length of scratcher's tickets with the "extra" money.

saphojunkie
09-09-2014, 05:40 PM
People said, "Who ****ing cares about 2nd round picks? They're second round picks."

They are also draft picks that allow you the agency to pick whatever the **** you want or need. You can justify any non-kicker position drafted with a 2nd round pick. You can't do that with #1 overall. If an interior OL really is the best player in the draft, you can't just take him at #1 overall.

Yeah, it is. I agree it's ****ing huge. So use it wisely... don't just take an undersized MAC conference pussy of a LT when we already had Albert, Winston, and Stephenson on the team. If you are going to take the coward's way out with the #1 pick, you may as well burn it and get your magic Alex Smith that you think is going to save the day.

Instead, we used the #1 overall pick to save about $5 million per year on our LT. THAT'S. ****ING. IT. That's what we used our #1 pick on.

Christ.

You know what? I really like your posts.

Discuss Thrower
09-09-2014, 05:45 PM
I'm confused (as always) so we didn't have good drafts by the curren regime, or the last regime, yet we should have been able to build a team with where we were cap wise and with the personel we had in 2 seasons? All this while being the worst team in the league the year this regime took over. Why aren't you a GM somewhere? I don't understand! That plan sounds absolutely flawless!
The team should have been totally taken apart after 2012.

RealSNR
09-09-2014, 05:45 PM

We didn't have good Pioli or Dorsey drafts because we had two starters on defense get injured, and suddenly our entire unit is in the shitter.

jd1020
09-09-2014, 05:46 PM
There is no $45M guaranteed. The fact that you're unwilling to understand how contracts work doesn't suddenly reverse the objectivity of ****ing MATH.

Alex Smith got a signing of $18 million dollars. His salary for this year is $1M. THAT IS THE ONLY GUARANTEED MONEY. The Chiefs can CUT ALEX SMITH THIS OFFSEASON AND SAVE MONEY ON THE CAP.

It is not an albatross.

If they are in a position to draft a QB in the first round this year, they can do so and cut Alex Smith immediately, which will then accelerate his signing bonus to all on one year. That means the remainder (4 years @ $3.6M) would be $14.4M.

That is $1.2M less than his cap number next year. And guess what? Then he's off the books. Period. If they cut him post June 1, then his cap number is reduced from $15.6M next year to $3.6M. Then in 2016 his dead money cap number is $10.8M. Again, after that, he's completely off the books.

OH NOES HOW WILL WE EVER GET OUT FROM UNDER THIS HORRIBLE CONTRACT?! DORSEY YOU ARE SO UNBELIEVABLY STU....

oh. nevermind.

There are LEGITIMATE things to complain about, but when you start saying "every move Dorsey makes is retarded derp derp!" it completely discredits the valid arguments. It's an argument of stupid fans who think there are only two kinds of GMs: Super Bowl winners and complete morons who have no business holding a job in professional sports.

Give me a fucking break. Unless Alex punches his girlfriend in the face and gets caught on camera he's not getting cut.

LoneWolf
09-09-2014, 05:50 PM
As SNR essentially just argued, it's important to remember the key difference between Pioli and Dorsey.

Pioli inherited a dumpster fire, and fails to build much of anything on top of it by hamstringing his personnel acquisitions with a terrible QB and godawful coaching.

Dorsey inherited a mostly good roster except at the one position that counts, and has systematically dismantled it for no conceivable gain.

Systematically dismantled? He didn't overpay to keep Albert and released Flowers. In what way is that systematically dismantling.

Coochie liquor
09-09-2014, 05:52 PM
We didn't have good Pioli or Dorsey drafts because we had two starters on defense get injured, and suddenly our entire unit is in the shitter.

I'm not arguing that point. I do understand, but it takes years to overcome poor drafting. I see no way we were going to be contending for a SB in 2015 either way as he was claiming. We've had too many bad contracts, and poor drafts. Too cap strapped, and not enough big play makers. To me it's too early to judge this regimes draft picks.

saphojunkie
09-09-2014, 05:57 PM
Give me a ****ing break. Unless Alex punches his girlfriend in the face and gets caught on camera he's not getting cut.

Nice argument.

http://kentuckypress.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/scarecrow-nodding.gif

jd1020
09-09-2014, 06:00 PM
Nice argument.

Better than "but but but... he can be cut!"

saphojunkie
09-09-2014, 06:01 PM
Better than "but but but... he can be cut!"

No, it's not. It's moving the goalposts because I destroyed your other point.

jd1020
09-09-2014, 06:02 PM
No, it's not. It's moving the goalposts because I destroyed your other point.

How does one move the goalposts from $45M to $45M? Seems to me that they are the same number.

Only a dumbass would argue that Alex didn't get $45M guaranteed because the remaining $26M doesn't kick in til March.

O.city
09-09-2014, 06:28 PM
Pioli didn't walk into a dumpster fire. He walked into a young talented up and coming roster with the 3 pick in the draft at his disposal.

Dorsey didn't walk into this great situation/talented roster Pioli did. Some will point to the pro bowlers, yes, but outside of that, there wasn't a bit of depth anywhere on this team.

It needed to be gutted the minute Reid and Dorsey took over, but they were either to dumb/arrogant to do it, or were more likely told by the owner to get this thing back to respectability ASAP.

Now that they've done that, they get a chance to do what they (hopefully) wanted to do from the beginning. The Alex Smith deal was dumb, as was his extension. I'm no capologist so I'll let you guys argue the merits of getting out of it now, but in the past, Reid hasn't been against moving on from QB's with big contracts, but I doubt he does it here.

And even as less impactful as it was last year, Dorsey's first draft is infinitely better than Pioli's first and it's still early to determine a draft class.

We also are apparently going to have alot of draft picks next year, so it's time to torpedo this thing. Get as high of a pick in each round as you can, trade Tamba or anyone over the age of 26 thats tradable. Get picks.

Rebuild this thing the way it should be.

ILChief
09-09-2014, 06:36 PM
Systematically dismantled? He didn't overpay to keep Albert and released Flowers. In what way is that systematically dismantling.

OMG we lost Dexter and Jon Asamoah

O.city
09-09-2014, 06:37 PM
They systematically dismantled a roster full of players that didn't win anything, and were likely infected by the previous regime's lack of discipline and holding one accountable.

ChiefsCountry
09-09-2014, 06:47 PM
2010 season fucked this franchise hard as well. That playoff game was worthless in the scheme of things. The talent in 2011 draft that was available could have been very helpful for this franchise going forward.

chiefzilla1501
09-09-2014, 07:17 PM
Pioli didn't walk into a dumpster fire. He walked into a young talented up and coming roster with the 3 pick in the draft at his disposal.

Dorsey didn't walk into this great situation/talented roster Pioli did. Some will point to the pro bowlers, yes, but outside of that, there wasn't a bit of depth anywhere on this team.

It needed to be gutted the minute Reid and Dorsey took over, but they were either to dumb/arrogant to do it, or were more likely told by the owner to get this thing back to respectability ASAP.

Now that they've done that, they get a chance to do what they (hopefully) wanted to do from the beginning. The Alex Smith deal was dumb, as was his extension. I'm no capologist so I'll let you guys argue the merits of getting out of it now, but in the past, Reid hasn't been against moving on from QB's with big contracts, but I doubt he does it here.

And even as less impactful as it was last year, Dorsey's first draft is infinitely better than Pioli's first and it's still early to determine a draft class.

We also are apparently going to have alot of draft picks next year, so it's time to torpedo this thing. Get as high of a pick in each round as you can, trade Tamba or anyone over the age of 26 thats tradable. Get picks.

I don't get it either.

There are still people who blame herm for the team he inherited.

Pioli inherited an unbelievable team. Great young talent, lots of cap space, few bad contracts.

Dorsey didn't inherit a good situation. He did make it worse through shit signings last year. His draft picks look like shit. But it's still way too soon to know.

New World Order
09-09-2014, 07:22 PM

2 offseasons is plenty of time to add depth to a roster. Dorsey made the mistake of doing nothing to address positions that were clearly lacking.

He walked onto a team that had a total of 7 quality pro bowl players. All the broke dick needed to do was address a few spots; instead he focuses on positions we don't/didn't need; for example selecting an OLB when we already have 2 quality pass rushers.

O.city
09-09-2014, 07:31 PM
2 offseasons is plenty of time to add depth to a roster. Dorsey made the mistake of doing nothing to address positions that were clearly lacking.

He walked onto a team that had a total of 7 quality pro bowl players. All the broke dick needed to do was address a few spots; instead he focuses on positions we don't/didn't need; for example selecting an OLB when we already have 2 quality pass rushers.

Those 7 quality players are a bit overrated here by CP.

He has added depth to the roster. I don't think they cared to much about positions that are lacking, because in their minds, they weren't winning shit this year.

Of course signing Smith to a deal makes no sense, so maybe they're clueless. It's a possibility

O.city
09-09-2014, 07:33 PM
I don't get it either.

There are still people who blame herm for the team he inherited.

Pioli inherited an unbelievable team. Great young talent, lots of cap space, few bad contracts.

Dorsey didn't inherit a good situation. He did make it worse through shit signings last year. His draft picks look like shit. But it's still way too soon to know.

I don't really get the "draft picks are shit".

Fisher hasn't been a HOFer at LT yet, but he's progressing there at a much faster rate than he was at RT. Really, the mistake there was keeping Albert instead of trading him for whatever they could get.

Kelce, Fisher, Davis, Kush, Cooper (UDFA) look like really good pickups.

cmh6476
09-09-2014, 07:34 PM
because chiefs

mcaj22
09-09-2014, 07:35 PM
if theres one thing that scum Pioli did right was he gave decent contracts out to our players and always had the team in cap flexibility. Partly because nobody that was FA wanted to play for him, but still. Dorsey took over a team that was like 30-40 million under the cap and in two years gave 20 million to a punter, 60 million to a 29 year old QB and 50 million to a 29 year old WR. And about another 30 million to a bunch of useless JAG FAs.

And ****ed our cap up for the next 2 years easy.

chiefzilla1501
09-09-2014, 07:37 PM
I don't really get the "draft picks are shit".

Fisher hasn't been a HOFer at LT yet, but he's progressing there at a much faster rate than he was at RT. Really, the mistake there was keeping Albert instead of trading him for whatever they could get.

Kelce, Fisher, Davis, Kush, Cooper (UDFA) look like really good pickups.
I should phrase that as they look like shit so far.

Believe me, I am consistent about giving guys 2 to 3 years of rope to develop. I'm not enthusiastic about the picks but I'll give it time. When you have the first pick in every round, need to do better than a few average hits. In 2 years of drafts, these picks need to improve a lot before we can feel good about what the front office has done.

New World Order
09-09-2014, 07:37 PM
Those 7 quality players are a bit overrated here by CP.

He has added depth to the roster. I don't think they cared to much about positions that are lacking, because in their minds, they weren't winning shit this year.

Of course signing Smith to a deal makes no sense, so maybe they're clueless. It's a possibility

What depth? Where? We certainly don't have any depth at the MLB position.

saphojunkie
09-09-2014, 07:38 PM
How does one move the goalposts from $45M to $45M? Seems to me that they are the same number.

Only a dumbass would argue that Alex didn't get $45M guaranteed because the remaining $26M doesn't kick in til March.

So much fail.

notorious
09-09-2014, 07:39 PM
Fans have waaaaay overated more then a few players, and like someone said before, they have not won a single meaningful game.

O.city
09-09-2014, 07:44 PM
What depth? Where? We certainly don't have any depth at the MLB position.

Its all young and unproven, but theres depth.

mcaj22
09-09-2014, 07:46 PM

i heard this exact same thing about Scooters players back in 2010-2011 before they all fizzled out by 2013.

just because a young guy is on the roster doesn't mean he's good depth. Before you know they will be out the door just like all of Fat Scotts picks but 5.

WhiteWhale
09-09-2014, 07:54 PM
This reminds me of my brother.

Back when KC hired herm, he pretty much stopped watching KC. As he said "Once Herm tanks this team, they're going to end up just like Detroit or Oakland... Picking in the top 10 most years and firing their head coaches and GM's every other year."

So... yeah.

New World Order
09-09-2014, 07:57 PM

Like Nico Johnson; the guy from the practice squad?

chiefzilla1501
09-09-2014, 08:02 PM
This reminds me of my brother.

Back when KC hired herm, he pretty much stopped watching KC. As he said "Once Herm tanks this team, they're going to end up just like Detroit or Oakland... Picking in the top 10 most years and firing their head coaches and GM's every other year."

So... yeah.
I don't care what anybody says. Herm deserves an apology. For God knows why, he still gets blamed for the reckless decisions made at the end of vermeils watch. Even if herm wasn't a good coach, he and kuharich built the team the right way. I really wish we could have seen what this team could have been if this team was passed on to better hands than Pioli. For instance, if we stuck with a 4-3...we were very close to having a potentially shutdown defense.

mcaj22
09-09-2014, 08:05 PM
I don't care what anybody says. Herm deserves an apology. For God knows why, he still gets blamed for the reckless decisions made at the end of vermeils watch. Even if herm wasn't a good coach, he and kuharich built the team the right way. I really wish we could have seen what this team could have been if this team was passed on to better hands than Pioli. For instance, if we stuck with a 4-3...we were very close to having a potentially shutdown defense.

Id be interested in seeing what this team would be if it wasnt passed onto Dorsey

New World Order
09-09-2014, 08:07 PM

O rly?

How did Tamba do in the 4/3 under Herm? I'll answer that question for you: he sucked ass.

OldSchool
09-09-2014, 08:09 PM
You passed on this guy for Ford when we badly needed CB help. Fuck you Dorsey.

http://www.dallasnews.com/incoming/20140306-156843332.jpg.ece/BINARY/w620x413/156843332.jpg

Verrett, while facing the Cardinals passing game, only allowed 3 receptions for a little over 20 yards and less than 2 YAC. He was the #2 rated corner in week 1. But no, we had to have Dee Ford who can't push for playing time.

O.city
Again, once Pioli's tenure fizzled, Herm's core was done and used up.

chiefzilla1501
O rly?

How did Tamba do in the 4/3 under Herm? I'll answer that question for you: he sucked ass.
Hali didn't suck as in a 4-3.

O.city
09-09-2014, 08:10 PM
i heard this exact same thing about Scooters players back in 2010-2011 before they all fizzled out by 2013.

just because a young guy is on the roster doesn't mean he's good depth. Before you know they will be out the door just like all of Fat Scotts picks but 5.

The thing we don't yet know about with this FO, is whether they can develop said draft picks.

As bad as Pioli's drafts were, his biggest problem was that he didn't have the people in place to develop them.

New World Order
09-09-2014, 08:11 PM

Dorsey walked into a great situation.

Give me a GM who inherited 7 pro bowl players and key positions that were already filled: LT, RB, 2 OLB, MLB, SS etc..

I've been waiting.

chiefzilla1501
Id be interested in seeing what this team would be if it wasnt passed onto Dorsey
As of now I agree. But I'll give it sometime. He didn't walk into a bad situation but Pioli walked into as perfect a situation a gm could ask for (minus having a QB on the roster)

mcaj22

Herms core is the only reason we even sniffed the playoffs last year

but now that core is done besides 1 guy, I agree. Last year not so much

dirk digler

It is not an albatross.

oh. nevermind.

So this part is not true?

If this is true than he will get that money. They aren't going to cut him unless they have someone in place and the draft doesn't happen until late April\early May.

JohnnyHammersticks
09-09-2014, 08:12 PM
It's not going to happen, but I'd love to see Dorsey's ass blown right out of here. I've seen all I need to see. He's a freaking idiot. Reid, too. He had 6 months to prepare a gameplan for that debacle and that's the best he could come up with? How in the absolute hell does that happen?? Unacceptable on every level. We will win zero championships with this regime. If Reid didn't win one 10 years and 150lbs ago, he sure as hell isn't going to start now. Especially when he's got a GM who seem to be good at nothing except sitting on his dick.

But we are the Chiefs, so prepare for another wasted 4 years until clueless, sack-less Clark Hunt feels sufficient heat have to fire them all. **** I hate this ****ing team. :facepalm:

jd1020
09-09-2014, 08:13 PM

If this is true than he will get that money. They aren't going to cut him unless they have someone in place and the draft doesn't happen until late April\early May.

Leave it.

A lot of people seem to be dumb as shit when it comes to Alex's contract. The dude thinks the Chiefs can cut Smith June 1 and all of his guaranteed money that becomes fully guaranteed some time in March goes away.

chiefzilla1501
09-09-2014, 08:14 PM

He has no idea what he's talking about.

The money isn't guaranteed but it is. The Chiefs would have to take a massive haircut to cut Smith next year which is why most reports are all but calling his 15m pay bump next year guaranteed.

New World Order
09-09-2014, 08:14 PM
Hali didn't suck as in a 4-3.

He's played MUCH better in a 3/4

Houston primarily played a 3/4 at Georgia.

O.city
09-09-2014, 08:16 PM
Let Smith make all that money and take the lumps while they (hopefully, doubtful) build the roster. He'll keep the ship going forward, be a good trooper, not be an absolute dumpster fire, while they find the future.

Yawn.

Coochie liquor
09-09-2014, 08:16 PM

Ok so take BPA on your board, unless BPa on your board isnt who New World Odor has on his board? You complain we don't take BPA then when we do you complain! Because we are Chiefsplanet!!

jd1020
09-09-2014, 08:17 PM
Let Smith make all that money and take the lumps while they (hopefully, doubtful) build the roster. He'll keep the ship going forward, be a good trooper, not be an absolute dumpster fire, while they find the future.

Yawn.

You fail in your assumption that the team gives a shit about finding a future.

New World Order
09-09-2014, 08:18 PM
Ok so take BPA on your board, unless BPa on your board isnt who New World Odor has on his board? You complain we don't take BPA then when we do you complain! Because we are Chiefsplanet!!

The complaint has been he doesn't address the needs of the team.

It's true. We had Branden Albert at LT when we drafted Eric Fisher

We have 2 good OLB and we draft Dee Ford

It doesn't make any sense.

Coochie liquor
09-09-2014, 08:22 PM

And why cut him then. No rookie qb not named Luck is gonna come here and take over immediately. So Smith would be good as a teacher for a season while the rookie learns the offensive play book.

New World Order
09-09-2014, 08:23 PM
And why cut him then. No rookie qb not named Luck is gonna come here and take over immediately. So Smith would be good as a teacher for a season while the rookie learns the offensive play book.

He can teach him how to throw checkdowns and take sacks!

chiefzilla1501
09-09-2014, 08:24 PM
He's played MUCH better in a 3/4

Houston primarily played a 3/4 at Georgia.
Houston wasn't drafted by kuharich. He could have drafted raji or orakpo instead of Tyson Jackson. We would have had Carr, flowers, pollard, page in the secondary. Dj with our lbs. Dorsey, Hali, raji or orakpo on the line. That was the foundation for a 4-3 that was very close to being excellent.

Coochie liquor
09-09-2014, 08:24 PM

And then when other teams draft BPA they're "so smart to stay with their board" people here constantly talk out both sides of their mouths.

O.city
09-09-2014, 08:25 PM

Drafting for needs early, ends you up with pukes like Tyson Jackson and Jonathan Baldwin.

The philosophy behind his draft picks are solid, the players at this point, are not.

Coochie liquor
He can teach him how to throw checkdowns and take sacks!

Yeah cuz that's all he does. :banghead:
Nevermind that last year he had 20+ tds with only 7 ints. I'm sure that doesn't count to you. Were only gonna count game 1 of this season as his whole body of work right? The game we didn't have Bowe, and Reid coached a horrible game!

chiefzilla1501

If dee Ford pans out (yet to be seen. Admittedly, looking bad for now). It was an excellent pick. Period.

New World Order
09-09-2014, 08:26 PM
And then when other teams draft BPA they're "so smart to stay with their board" people here constantly talk out both sides of their mouths.

Who is "they?"

And do you really believe Eric Fisher and Dee Ford were BPA?

If so, you need your head examined.

jd1020
Yeah cuz that's all he does. :banghead:

I don't think we need Smith to teach someone how to hand the ball off to Charles.

OldSchool

The money isn't guaranteed but it is. The Chiefs would have to take a massive haircut to cut Smith next year which is why most reports are all but calling his 15m pay bump next year guaranteed.

$45 mil in dead money, or something around there. No FO is going to take that hit even if Smith's play magically takes a complete dumpster dive, they would keep him in place in hopes that the season was an aberration given his recent track record. He has at least 2 seasons to prove he was worth it all.

O.city
Who is "they?"

Intelligent people that aren't you?

dirk digler
09-09-2014, 08:27 PM
Leave it.

A lot of people seem to be dumb as shit when it comes to Alex's contract. The dude thinks the Chiefs can cut Smith June 1 and all of his guaranteed money that becomes fully guaranteed some time in March goes away.

I think he is right in the aspect that they could cut him prior to March 2015 but they aren't going to or I would be shocked if they did. I can't imagine they would unless they had the #1 pick and a sure fire franchise QB sitting there.

Here is OvertheCap analysis of the contract

Today I Was able to confirm the full details of Alex Smith’s new $68 million contract extension with the Kansas City Chiefs. Smith, as reported in numerous places, will receive an $18 million signing bonus and $1 million base salary in 2014 which will reduce his cap charge from $8 million to $4.6 million.

In 2015 Smith has an $11.9 million salary that is fully guaranteed for injury and in 2016 he has a $14.1 million salary that is also fully guaranteed for injury. Both salaries become fully guaranteed is he is on the Chiefs roster on the 3rd day of the 2015 League Year. I would consider that a virtual certainty.

In 2017 and 2018 he has non-guaranteed salaries of $10.8 and $14.5 million as well as roster bonuses of $2 million in each season and $500,000 in workout bonuses.

jd1020
I think he is right in the aspect that they could cut him prior to March 2015 but they aren't going to or I would be shocked if they did. I can't imagine they would unless they had the #1 pick and a sure fire franchise QB sitting there.

He said they could cut him June 1st...

They can cut him prior to the 3rd day of the league year and only eat $14.4M next year in dead money. But, I can only see 1 scenario of that happening and thats with the Chiefs having the #1 pick and taking Mariota. But even then, given that this team fears QBs as much as Berry fears the pregame show, I still don't know if they cut him.

O.city
IF they end up with the 1st overall pick, you've got to move on from him no matter what.

New World Order
09-09-2014, 08:28 PM
Drafting for needs early, ends you up with pukes like Tyson Jackson and Jonathan Baldwin.

The philosophy behind his draft picks are solid, the players at this point, are not.

There must be a balance there. If the next best draft pick is expected to be selected 25 picks from now you obviously move to your next position of need.

We could of addressed the WR position with Marquise Lee, even though he was selected early second round. If I remember correctly, Dee Ford was also a reach, was he not?

New World Order
09-09-2014, 08:29 PM
Intelligent people that aren't you?

I predicted this meltdown, while you and the rest of the homers believed we were moving in the right direction.

O.city
09-09-2014, 08:29 PM
There must be a balance there. If the next best draft pick is expected to be taken 25 picks from now you obviously move to your next position of need.

We could of addressed the WR position with Marquise Lee, even though he was selected early second round. If I remember correctly, Dee Ford was also a reach was he not?

I don't have access to the board they have created. A reach to one club, is a great pick to another I guess.

Ford was probably a bit of a reach, but if he's your guy, take him.

O.city
09-09-2014, 08:30 PM
I predicted this meltdown while you and the rest of the homers believed we were moving in the right direction.

I do think they're moving in the right direction now, but it's going to require a shit year.

ILChief
09-09-2014, 08:30 PM
IF they end up with the 1st overall pick, you've got to move on from him no matter what.

This. Smith is ok but if you can get a Mariotta, you do it

New World Order
09-09-2014, 08:31 PM
I do think they're moving in the right direction now, but it's going to require a shit year.

Honestly, what has Dorsey done that leads to you to believe he could be a capable gm?

Building for the future while signing backup players to ludicrous contracts?

Signing a 30 year old quarterback to a long-term deal while he tries to rebuild the roster?

What?

O.city
09-09-2014, 08:32 PM
This. Smith is ok but if you can get a Mariotta, you do it

In all of his time as a coach, I can't see any way Reid and Dorsey think Smith is anything more than he is.

I've been wrong before though. So probably.

jd1020
09-09-2014, 08:32 PM

You have a scary definition of "right direction."

Coochie liquor
09-09-2014, 08:34 PM
Who is "they?"

So you must have some inside info on who was on Dorsey's board? If not you're just STILL talking out your ass! Even the "experts" had our pick at either Fisher or Joekel. But yeah prob wasn't how he had his board!!

chiefzilla1501

18 mill bonus spread over 5 years. In bowes contract he had part of his second year bonus guaranteed. Maybe Smith does too. At minimum, Smith would cost over 14m to cut next year.

New World Order
So you must have some inside info on who was on Dorsey's board? If not you're just STILL talking out your ass! Even the "experts" had our pick at either Fisher or Joekel. But yeah prob wasn't how he had his board!!

And Dee Ford?

O.city
Honestly, what has Dorsey done that leads to you to believe he could be a capable gm?

Building for the future while signing backup players to ludicrous contracts?

Signing a 30 year old quarterback to a long-term deal while he tries to rebuild the roster?

What?

I'd like to imagine they're keeping Smith around to keep the ship steady while they rebuild the roster.

Basically, if I'm reading it right, they can walk away after 2 years. Hence, they've got 2 years to find their guy at QB.

I don't think Dorsey's drafts have been nearly the gaping disaster most have here.

Free agent spree last year, shitty as it was, I'd like to think can directly from ownership.

Coochie liquor
09-09-2014, 08:35 PM
I don't think we need Smith to teach someone how to hand the ball off to Charles.

Right, let's draft a rookie and have Daniels and Murray or Bray as his teachers. Lmao

chiefzilla1501
09-09-2014, 08:36 PM

This. In 2014 at least.

New World Order
I'd like to imagine they're keeping Smith around to keep the ship steady while they rebuild the roster.

Basically, if I'm reading it right, they can walk away after 2 years. Hence, they've got 2 years to find their guy at QB.

I don't think Dorsey's drafts have been nearly the gaping disaster most have here.

Free agent spree last year, shitty as it was, I'd like to think can directly from ownership.

We do not have one capable starter (MAYBE with the exception of Kelce) from Dorsey's drafts.

Not one.

jd1020
Right, let's draft a rookie and have Daniels and Murray or Bray as his teachers. Lmao

Why not have the "QB guru" teach them?

O.city
09-09-2014, 08:37 PM
I also don't think you go anywhere by changing and flipping philosphies and coaching staffs/front offices every 4 years.

We haven't had any stability since Marty left. Obviously, if they suck, move on. But at some point, you've got to give a FO time to build things they way they want.

O.city
09-09-2014, 08:38 PM
We do not have one capable starter (MAYBE with the exception of Kelce) from Dorsey's drafts.

Not one.

Capable starter?

I really don't think you have a clue what you're looking at.

chiefzilla1501
It's a good point. 2014 is the right direction. Execution so far looks to be bad.

dirk digler
He said they could cut him June 1st...

They can cut him prior to the 3rd day of the league year and only eat $14.4M next year in dead money. But, I can only see 1 scenario of that happening and thats with the Chiefs having the #1 pick and taking Mariota. But even then, given that this team fears QBs as much as Berry fears the pregame show, I don't know if they cut him.

I am thinking he is using overthecap Post June 1 cut numbers and I don't think they are correct. Everything I have read backs up what La Canfora reported.

Smith will receive a signing bonus of $18 million and his base salaries in 2015 and 2016 totaling $26 million are guaranteed for injury until the third day of the 2015 league year, when they become fully guaranteed.

New World Order
09-09-2014, 08:41 PM
Capable starter?

I really don't think you have a clue what you're looking at.

O City are you okay?

Capable- having the ability, fitness, or quality necessary to do or achieve a specified thing.

Does Eric Fisher have the ability to start?

Is he a capable starter?

chiefzilla1501
I am thinking he is using overthecap Post June 1 cut numbers and I don't think they are correct. Everything I have read backs up what La Canfora reported.
It is possible the second year base salary is guaranteed. Bowes contract was structured a similar way. It wouldn't be reported as 30 mil guaranteed if it wasn't basically guaranteed.

If his base salary is guaranteed at 12 mil and his prorated bonus is 14 mil, he will cost 26 mil to cut. He isn't getting cut next year. There's a reason why some are reporting 45 mil as guaranteed.

O.city

Require is the wrong word.

Cause is better.

By taking what I believe to be the right direction, save for signing Alex Smith to a deal, they're going to have a shit year, the year they should have had last year after tearing it down.

O.city
09-09-2014, 08:42 PM
O City are you okay?

Capable- having the ability, fitness, or quality necessary to do or achieve a specified thing.

Does Eric Fisher have the ability to start?

Is he a capable starter?

Have you watched any other LT's around the league?

Yes, he's a capable starter.

Coochie liquor
09-09-2014, 08:44 PM
Why not have the "QB guru" teach them?

Because the player has to actually have the skills to make it happen!!

dirk digler
09-09-2014, 08:45 PM
It is possible the second year base salary is guaranteed. Bowes contract was structured a similar way. It wouldn't be reported as 30 mil guaranteed if it wasn't basically guaranteed.

If his base salary is guaranteed at 12 mil and his prorated bonus is 14 mil, he will cost 26 mil to cut. He isn't getting cut next year. There's a reason why some are reporting 45 mil as guaranteed.

I agree. I think it is safe to say he is here until at least 2017 unless of course we get the #1 pick in the draft or he has a career ending injury.

jd1020
09-09-2014, 08:46 PM
Because the player has to actually have the skills to make it happen!!

... What the **** does that have to do with teaching?

You think words coming out of Alex's mouth enhance skills more than a coaches?

New World Order
09-09-2014, 08:51 PM
If we drafted a qb I would want Alex Smith miles away.

Kaepernick
09-09-2014, 09:07 PM
If we drafted a qb I would want Alex Smith miles away.

He was instrumental in helping Kaepernick understand the playbook and the weekly game plans. Kaepernick said as much and thanked him for it.

Alex is the right mentor, just not the guy you want to build your super bowl contender around. Bridgewater could have learned bunches from Alex, and Alex is a nice guy enough to teach him. Killer instinct guys like Joe Montana make lousy mentors, which is why he didn't help Steve Young. Alex is a nice guy who readily accepts training his replacement.

He is a perfect QB mentor.

A lot of coaches can't play but they know the mental side and communicate it. Sort of think of Alex like that as a mentor to a young developing QB behind him. Alex is the perfect mentor.

Eureka
09-09-2014, 09:19 PM
It sucks to think we're no better than the Raiders when it comes to stability.

The Raiders have "tried" to develop a 1st or 2nd rd QB in the past decade. The Chiefs have played how many games with their own 1st or 2nd rd drafted QB in the past 30 years?

Ya'll should just fly a banner around the stadium that says "draft a QB in the 1st rd or else".

Ford < Bridgewater/Carr or Johnny (aggressive trade up)???

Most SB winners develop their own QB!

GordonGekko
09-09-2014, 09:22 PM
The Raiders have "tried" to develop a 1st or 2nd rd QB in the past decade. The Chiefs have played how many games with their own 1st or 2nd rd drafted QB in the past 30 years?

Ya'll should just fly a banner around the stadium that says "draft a QB in the 1st rd or else".

Ford < Bridgewater/Carr or Johnny (aggressive trade up)???

Most SB winners develop their own QB!

Bravo. This is mostly true. The only one in recent memory is Drew Brees.

Unfortunately many in the Chiefs Kingdom still think bringing in a Grbac, Green, Cassel, Smith, etc. can potentially yield a championship. Until we can get these morons to stop buying tickets I don't think we will ever see the ticker on the bottom of ESPN read - "With the 3rd overall pick, the KC Chiefs select XXXX XXXX QB - Buttsecks State."

FloridaMan88
09-09-2014, 10:49 PM
Chiefs entire 2014 draft class was invisible in their opening game… including their top two picks… Ford and Gaines who combined for four total snaps in the Tennessee game.

That is a failure of massive proportions when your entire draft class is a non factor in week 1.

Months are spent scouting these players in college, creating a draft board, going through the NFL Combine and pro days, and then the draft all leading up to having zero impact in the Chiefs first regular season game of 2014 (which not surprisingly resulted in a blow out loss).

An organizational failure that John Dorsey needs to come out from hiding and answer to.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-09-2014, 11:19 PM
I have a bad feeling about all of this sadly ugh. It has to do with drafting too but not as much as the QB Dorsey/Reid have chosen. I'm not sure Dorsey/Reid are gonna get a second shot after Alex Smith doesn't pan out. Poor QB play is a regime killer. Pioli sends his best from the grave.

saphojunkie
09-10-2014, 12:27 AM

I know exactly what I'm talking about. The fact that dipshits equate probable with inevitable isn't my fucking problem.

BlackOp
09-10-2014, 01:06 AM
This team looks lethargic...that is directly tied to poor coaching. They blew a 28 point lead in the most important game in a decade..that should never happen. Sutton is NOT a good coordinator... he's a one trick pony that inherited a slew of pro bowlers. He needs to go..and I'm starting to think Reid is just a brand name at this point. The team seems to play with the energy of AR in his Monday press conference...I watch it wondering if he is going to die of a heart attack...its like listening to a sloth drag its claws across glass.

This team looked ****ing terrible last Sunday...there is no excuse being that uncompetitive..year 2 in the "system"..

Frankly..I lost respect for Reid after that game plan..that was on par with Crennel...not an opening season display from a supposed top 5 coach. They just look like they expect to lose..and for bad things to happen.

They say pets mimic their owners...well..KC looks slow and outdated...waiting for a paycheck.

chiefzilla1501
09-10-2014, 05:59 AM
I know exactly what I'm talking about. The fact that dipshits equate probable with inevitable isn't my fucking problem.
If you think the Chiefs are going to take a 26 million dollar haircut to cut him... Fine. That's not probable. That's 99 percent likely.

WhiteWhale
09-10-2014, 06:59 AM
I don't care what anybody says. Herm deserves an apology. For God knows why, he still gets blamed for the reckless decisions made at the end of vermeils watch.

Which reckless decisions were those? You mean his bad draft picks? Yeah. Had Dick and Carl drafted better, the team would have had more young talent on the defensive side. He was often vilified for not putting rookies who could not play on the field, as if playing them magically makes them better. He played rookies who deserved it, and kept ones who could not on the bench. I'm not entirely sure if that's DV or Carl, but DV drafted a lot of shit with the Rams too.

Even if herm wasn't a good coach, he and kuharich built the team the right way.

Meh. Look at the reality man. Herm drafted well enough in 2006 and 2007. He hit on his first rounders. Neither were busts. His 2006 draft was pretty much useless outside of round 1. Actually... so was his 2007 draft! The best player picked after the 1st in 2006 was Pollard, and I was never a fan of Pollard. His QBOTF never won a game. In 2007 his best pick aside from Bowe was Kolby Smith. His attempts to bolster the DL were entirely unsuccessful. All of those shitty players got lots of playing time though.

Then prior to a very deep 2008 draft Carl Peterson had pissed off our elite pass rusher so badly we were able to trade him for what was essentially a king's ransom. KC hit it out of the ballpark in 2008. I can't give credit to Herm. KC had no choice but to trade Allen. That was all Carl's doing.

I really wish we could have seen what this team could have been if this team was passed on to better hands than Pioli.

I'd rather KC to have hired Sean Payton instead of Herm. I guarandamntee you we wouldn't have been rocking Damon Huard, Brodie Croyle, and Tyler Thigpen at QB.

For instance, if we stuck with a 4-3...we were very close to having a potentially shutdown defense.

I'm trying to avoid sarcasm, but did you not watch KC's defense in 2008? They were horrific. They set an NFL record for fewest sacks in a season. They were a LONG way from being 'shutdown'. They were a ways off from being competitive.

I feel a lot of people on this site give Herm way too much credit.

milkman
09-10-2014, 07:07 AM

When you are a team that has a ton of holes on your roster, drafting the BPA and for need aren't separate philosophies.

The 2013 draft was a shallow draft, so the top of the board should have been filled with a lot of names that could be viewed as BPA.

The Chiefs could have taken Sheldon Richardson to fill a need, and that could easily have been justified as BPA.

The same could be said for Dee Millner.

They instead chose to fill a future need, rather than address an immediate need.

In the 2014 draft, the Chiefs could have gone with Darquise Dennard, Jason Verret, Kelvin Benjamin, Jimmy Ward, Xavier Su'a Filo, hell 4 or 5 others that were taken in the next 10 picks, and easily could be seen as BPA, all of whom could have filled a huge gaping hole.

They chose instead to fil a future need.

jd1020
09-10-2014, 08:07 AM
When you are a team that has a ton of holes on your roster, drafting the BPA and for need aren't separate philosophies.

The 2013 draft was a shallow draft, so the top of the board should have been filled with a lot of names that could be viewed as BPA.

The Chiefs could have taken Sheldon Richardson to fill a need, and that could easily have been justified as BPA.

The same could be said for Dee Millner.

They instead chose to fill a future need, rather than address an immediate need.

In the 2014 draft, the Chiefs could have gone with Darquise Dennard, Jason Verret, Kelvin Benjamin, Jimmy Ward, Xavier Su'a Filo, hell 4 or 5 others that were taken in the next 10 picks, and easily could be seen as BPA, all of whom could have filled a huge gaping hole.

They chose instead to fil a future need.

At least our future is looking bright!

Dinny Bossa Nova
09-10-2014, 09:14 AM
It is very, very early in John Dorsey's tenure here, but unless the talent he's acquired magically turns it around by midpoint of the season, I believe we should be shopping for a new GM by the end of the season.

Now, this is a big deal (I would like to think), coming from me. I was among the last defenders on this site of Scott Pioli, and I still think his drafting record here was strong. I believe in the process, in giving GMs extreme leeway and time in shuffling the roster and building a team full of the kind of guys we want.

But Dorsey came in with a plum opportunity. He had the core of a team already built for him (minus the one critical position), the #1 pick in the draft, and a ridiculous amount of free agency cap room to spend, spend, spend.

With these incredible gifts given to him, gifts that any new GM would kill for (rather than the shit sandwich a new GM would get in 2015...), Dorsey took the absolute worst path.

He sacrificed the future of the franchise for a quick playoff run, completely overpaying in offseason talent, hamstringing our budget for 2014 and 2015 so that we let a full quarter of our team's starters walk, including two Pro Bowlers, with zero ability to replace any of the departing talent effectively (with the sole exception of replacing Kendrick Lewis with Husain Abdullah, but even that was a Plan B after Mr. Glass Commings is out for another year).

We were unable to retain Brandon Albert, Brandon Flowers, Ryan Succop, Tyson Jackson, Dexter McCulster, Jon Asamoah and Geoff Schwartz because we had to have Mike DeVito, Chase Daniel, Dunta Robinson, Sean Smith, Donnie Avery, and Anthony Fasano. That is a complete loss on every level, and again, it happened because Dorsey acted like a teenager after receiving his first paycheck rather than the patient, methodical personnel guru he was alleged to be.

The Alex Smith trade was defensible on its own terms, I believe. (We overpayed with the two 2nds, but we overpayed for Bowe and Colquitt, and both of those were defensible as well, as the team was seriously ****ed without the player in question.) But coupled with the Chase Daniel acquisition and this team's continued chickenshit behavior regarding the QB position in the draft, and it once again showed a complete lack of understanding of what it takes to win in a league being skewed further and further away from the Alex Smiths and Matt Cassels of the world. In a league that's continually changing, Dorsey, Reid and Alex Smith are keeping the team stagnant.

Well, less than stagnant, really. The biggest crime of the young John Dorsey era has been the drafting, which has been horrific. It's every bit as obsessed with 40 times and measurables and ignorant of on field performance as the Al Davis regime used to be. We burned the #1 overall pick on a likely bust at tackle. We burned our first this year on a passrusher that isn't helping us win. We burned our third this year on a corner that was worse than Vince Agnew this preseason. And none of our low-round picks are working out, up to and including our UDFAs, where GMs need to distinguish themselves. It's insane to think that Scott Pioli had a better record with UDFAs, which is saying something considering that Pioli only hit on one his entire time here.

I do a ton of mock drafts throughout the year, most of them terrible, but all of them viscerally enjoyable for me to postulate. It's lost a lot of its luster this year, even as we are entering a year with 11 draft picks, because projecting the projects and boom/likely-bust players that Dorsey falls in love with makes the exercise depressing. We end up with a super-young team full of talent that can't see the field, and likely rarely ever will.

I'm willing to change my tune, as I always am, if some of this plan looks to be solid for the future, and not just for the present, by the middle of the season. But it would have to be a dramatic shift for me to feel that way.

That said, we can still end up in a good position here. The Alex Smith contract, which ironically is the best contract Dorsey has signed here, makes Smith expendable if a new GM is brought in at the end of the year. If Andy Reid still wants Alex Smith after a 4-12 season, fire him too. If Andy Reid can't get along with the new GM, fire him. If Andy Reid can't call a winning gameplan in 2015, fire him.

This front office refused to utilize their patience when constructing this roster. In the process, they've lost mine.

Dinny Bossa Nova
09-10-2014, 09:14 AM

Dinny Bossa Nova
09-10-2014, 09:15 AM

Dinny Bossa Nova
09-10-2014, 09:16 AM
BURN HIM!!!!!!

Chiefs Pantalones
09-10-2014, 09:50 AM
One "solid" starter out of Dorsey's two drafts so far. Granted it's early, but Dorsey is not off to a good start. If you're gonna build through the draft you gotta have more hits than misses.

ILChief
09-10-2014, 09:53 AM
One "solid" starter out of Dorsey's two drafts so far. Granted it's early, but Dorsey is not off to a good start. If you're gonna build through the draft you gotta have more hits than misses.

His second draft has played one game

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-10-2014, 09:53 AM
He whistles through his teeth.

Annoying.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-10-2014, 09:58 AM
His second draft has played one game

Hence the "granted it's early" part in there. ;)

I hope everything works out but given our choice at QB, this regime isn't lasting beyond four years. I hope I'm wrong.

The Franchise
09-10-2014, 10:19 AM
Alex Smith (QB)-Kansas City Chiefs

Contract Value: $68 million/4 years ($17 million per year average)
Contract Guarantees: $45 million
Fully Guaranteed At Signing: $30 million
3-Year Cash Flow: $45.2 million
Earliest Realistic Exit Point: 2017
Smith signing a contract with a much more player friendly structure than Dalton or Kaepernick isn't a surprise. The five-year, $56 million deal the Chiefs gave Dwayne Bowe in 2012 contains $20 million fully guaranteed at signing. Smith is virtually assured of being in Kansas City until 2017 because $11 million of his $11.9 million 2015 base salary is fully guaranteed at signing and his $14.1 million 2016 base salary becomes fully guaranteed on the third day of the 2015 league year.