PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Dee Ford: Waste of a pick?

Pages : [1] 2

OldSchool
09-10-2014, 09:32 PM
Drafting Dee Ford sucked for 2014 because of:

1. He doesn't look ready to contribute, even as a pass rusher.

2. Sutton won't use him much because of this.

3. There were a bunch of players who were available who would have improved our team immediately at other positions and actually played for us from week 1: Jason Verrett, Bradley Roby, Jordan Matthews, Kelvin Benjamin, Jimmie Ward, Cody Latimer, etc. Selecting any of those guys would have helped strengthen our roster more than drafting Dee Ford did.

4. Jeremiah Attaochu was a better OLB prospect.

Why drafting Dee Ford in 2014 screws us in the 1st round for 2015:

Instead of going into the 2015 NFL Draft with some measure of security at the WR, S, or CB position, we have some big questionmarks there and it doesn't help that Ford himself is a big question mark with his lack of effectiveness.

Now why does that really suck? Let's take a quick look at these 2015 prospects:

Randy Gregory
Shilique Calhoun
Vic Beasley
Dante Fowler Jr.

These are all very good to great 3-4 OLB prospects who are strong first round talents, they aren't borderline prospects like Ford was coming out of college. The 3-4 OLB class in 2015 is deeper than the 2014 one was. We will have a shot at atleast 1 of the top three OLB prospects next year but won't draft him because we already took Dee Ford.

We could have been set at WR, CB, or Safety and taken a better OLB of the future prospect next year.

So much for Dorsey planning ahead.:harumph:

Bowser
09-10-2014, 09:34 PM
I know I had him leading the league in sacks after the first game of his pro career. BUST

In58men
09-10-2014, 09:35 PM
Eric Fisher

Alex Smith

Dee Ford

4 picks including 2 first rounders wasted on scrubs. **** these guys.

hometeam
09-10-2014, 09:36 PM
I didnt really like the pick, and hes showed jack shit. But lets not give up so easily.

Iconic
09-10-2014, 09:37 PM
You're just mad we got him instead of Attaochu lel.

New World Order
09-10-2014, 09:38 PM
**** YES HE WAS

OldSchool
09-10-2014, 09:39 PM
I know I had him leading the league in sacks after the first game of his pro career. BUST

Just saying, Dorsey has come nowhere close to maximizing the resources that he has had to work with, even with the Smith trade.

Passed on every WR in the strongest WR class in recent memory and instead spent his most valuable pick at a position that wasn't very good after the top 4 players (Clowney, Barr, Mack, and Attaochu).

milkman
09-10-2014, 09:40 PM

Whether Ford is or is not good over the course of his career, the question has merit.

There were a ton of players who could have helped us in areas of need this year.

Our approach is finding that one guy who can replace the contract that we will be jettisoning next year.

Simply Red
Remember how Houston dropped because of his smoking bud at UGA? ...well that pick looks leaps and bounds better than this one - That Houston is a player.

thabear04
Yes he a bust they should let go of everyone and start fresh because we are the chiefs.

Deberg_1990
09-10-2014, 09:41 PM
Drafting Dee Ford sucked for 2014 because of:

1. He doesn't look ready to contribute, even as a pass rusher.

2. Sutton won't use him much because of this.

3. There were a bunch of players who were available who would have improved our team immediately at other positions and actually played for us from week 1: Jason Verrett, Bradley Roby, Jordan Matthews, Kelvin Benjamin, Jimmie Ward, Cody Latimer, etc. Selecting any of those guys would have helped strengthen our roster more than drafting Dee Ford did.

4. Jeremiah Attaochu was a better OLB prospect.

Why drafting Dee Ford in 2014 screws us in the 1st round for 2015:

Instead of going into the 2015 NFL Draft with some measure of security at the WR, S, or CB position, we have some big questionmarks there and it doesn't help that Ford himself is a big question mark with his lack of effectiveness.

Now why does that really suck? Let's take a quick look at these 2015 prospects:

Randy Gregory
Shilique Calhoun
Vic Beasley
Dante Fowler Jr.

These are all very good to great 3-4 OLB prospects who are strong first round talents, they aren't borderline prospects like Ford was coming out of college. The 3-4 OLB class in 2015 is deeper than the 2014 one was. We will have a shot at atleast 1 of the top three OLB prospects next year but won't draft him because we already took Dee Ford.

We could have been set at WR, CB, or Safety and taken a better OLB of the future prospect next year.

So much for Dorsey planning ahead.:harumph:

He's clearly a bust because he's not who you would have picked. Got it.

In58men
09-10-2014, 09:42 PM

Or he just sucks

Gadzooks
09-10-2014, 09:42 PM
As a Charger fan, when the Chiefs made that pick I shook my head and smiled.

TLO
09-10-2014, 09:43 PM
I'm sure people on here said the same thing about Hali.

milkman
09-10-2014, 09:45 PM

Hali was a good selection.

He was a high motor guy that filled a position of need.

The primaryquestion raised by most was whether he had already reached his ceiling.

Simply Red
09-10-2014, 09:46 PM
As an Charger fan, when the Chiefs made that pick I shook my head and smiled.

How'd you feel about the Carson Palmer pick?

New World Order
The issue isn't whether Ford will be a bust. The issue is we could have spent a first round pick on a position of need.

Instead we take a player who probably won't play this year or next.

Bowser
Whether Ford is or is not good over the course of his career, the question has merit.

There were a ton of players who could have helped us in areas of need this year.

Our approach is finding that one guy who can replace the contract that we will be jettisoning next year.

That last part does seem to be the way they go about it, and that is troubling.

I'd like to know more about this supposed computer program Dorsey uses to assist him with his draft picks, because as listed earlier, there were a shit ton of guys we could have taken that would have stepped right in and contributed.

OldSchool

I never said that he was a bust. He could very well turn out to be a productive player for us, but the early returns are far from encouraging especially when you consider the fact that we were picking in the top 25 in the deepest draft in recent memory and the guy that we picked could hardly make it onto the field and looks piss-poor in the pre-season.

Bowser
09-10-2014, 09:47 PM
The issue isn't whether Ford will be a bust. The issue is we could have spent a first round pick on a position of need, like WR.

Instead of taking a player who probably won't play this year or next.

Maybe the Saints really did fuck us, and Dorsey didn't have a backup plan if Brandin Cooks wasn't available...

TribalElder
09-10-2014, 09:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/SHAjIr5.gif

ModSocks
09-10-2014, 09:48 PM
JFC it's been one game in his rookie season and you're already bitching?

Really?

Holy shit.

ROFL @ all you fags who claim to have the patience to develop a QB. No fucking way you guys could stomach it.

NO

FUCKING

WAY.

New World Order
09-10-2014, 09:49 PM

Elder is one of the Dorsey supporters.

BEWARE

Dayze
09-10-2014, 09:50 PM
I'm not sweating the Ford pick yet.

my hope is that he's trying to rely too much on his physical gifts, and not getting his technique down so the coaches aren't letting him on the field as much.

'hope'.

ModSocks
09-10-2014, 09:51 PM
The issue isn't whether Ford will be a bust. The issue is we could have spent a first round pick on a position of need.

Instead we take a player who probably won't play this year or next.

Yeah, and when Pioli was drafting for need, this place was raving about how the Chiefs need to take BPA.

LMAO

This place has been unbearably stupid this week.

Stupid ass thread after stupid ass thread.

Gadzooks
09-10-2014, 09:51 PM
How'd you feel about the Carson Palmer pick?

If only he'd thrown a pick. (He threw 3 potential picks but our DBs had hands of stone).

New World Order
09-10-2014, 09:53 PM
Yeah, and when Pioli was drafting for need, this place was raving about how the Chiefs need to take BPA.

LMAO

Fisher and Ford were BPA?

Maybe Fisher according to scouts, but Ford?

ModSocks
09-10-2014, 09:54 PM

According to Dorsey. Whether you agree or not is a different story. But he clearly took what he thought was bpa.

New World Order
09-10-2014, 09:55 PM
According to Dorsey. Whether you agree or not is a different story. But he clearly took what he thought was bpa.

This is why he should be gone.

milkman
09-10-2014, 09:55 PM

LMAO

There are, except in very rare cases, a number of players that can be justified as BPA, and some of those would actually fill a need.

ModSocks
09-10-2014, 09:58 PM
There are, except in very rare cases, a number of players that can be justified as BPA, and some of those would actually fill a need.

I don't disagree. But this is Dorsey' philosophy. We all knew that. He stated it. And when Dorsey was hired, this board was excited about that change in philosophy.

Anyhow, it's not a debate im interested in because we'll likely agree on the key points.

....Now back to my rant about how stupid it is to be bitching about a rookie after 1 ****ing game.....

Easy 6
09-10-2014, 09:59 PM

The big question though is... does that contract need to be jettisoned? This season will pretty much answer that question.

So whats wrong with already having a hopeful answer in place if the answer is yes? I totally get that Dorsey has blundered some things, but doing his best to provide depth/long term stability to our pass rush isnt really one of them, IMO.

Hali isnt getting any younger and isnt cheap either, how would you have handled this looming crisis?

Gadzooks
09-10-2014, 10:00 PM
I totally agree with this.
Why did the Chiefs pick Eric Fisher - Replace Brandon Albert
Why did the Chiefs pick Dee Ford - Replace Tamba Hali
If this is a trend, it's not gonna turn out well for the Chiefs.

TribalElder
09-10-2014, 10:00 PM
Elder is one of the Dorsey supporters.

BEWARE

:clap:

A+, would read again ROFL

ModSocks
09-10-2014, 10:02 PM
This is why he should be gone.

How about we wait until we see how things pan out?

This place is crazy with the over reactions.

I'll over react when we start to see trends. Right now it's far to early to call anything a trend.

hometeam
09-10-2014, 10:02 PM

It smells to me like drafting for contracts.

Not the right way at all.

New World Order
09-10-2014, 10:03 PM
I totally agree with this.
Why did the Chiefs pick Eric Fisher - Replace Brandon Albert
Why did the Chiefs pick Dee Ford - Replace Tamba Hali
If this is a trend, it's not gonna turn out well for the Chiefs.

It's as if Dorsey's plan is to replace veterans on the team with draft picks.

srvy
09-10-2014, 10:03 PM
I'm not sweating the Ford pick yet.

my hope is that he's trying to rely too much on his physical gifts, and not getting his technique down so the coaches aren't letting him on the field as much.

'hope'.

This^^^

Kid will learn this year and get in the weight room and build the upper body up a bit. When he does get to the QB in preseason he couldn't bring down. He has been flicked away in the speed rush and bulled by backs. I believe Dorsey saw a motor in the kid and hopes he developed and replaces Hali. This was a reach that could go either way. Develop him and I think they thought they stole a late round Clowney clone.

New World Order
09-10-2014, 10:04 PM
How about we wait until we see how things pan out?

This place is crazy with the over reactions.

I'll over react when we start to see trends. Right now it's far to early to call anything a trend.

We just got blown out by Jake fucking Locker and the entire 2014 draft class played a total of 4 snaps.

ModSocks
09-10-2014, 10:05 PM
It smells to me like drafting for contracts.

Not the right way at all.

If Hali or Houston are gone next season, then we'll have a trend.

Easy 6
09-10-2014, 10:07 PM

HEAVENS NO!

NO ONE DOES THINGS LIKE THAT!

OldSchool
09-10-2014, 10:08 PM
What I was saying is this.

The OLB prospects next year that will be available at our 1st pick are superior to Ford, they could be better at our 2nd pick as well.

There were better football players at positions of need who were available when we picked Ford; any of them would have made an impact for us immediately instead of maybe 2-3 years down the road.

So we could have had a productive rookie player, plus a better prospect as the replacement for Hali next year.

Gadzooks
09-10-2014, 10:09 PM

That's just the use of the first rounders. When depth leaves or are forced out, they're not adequately replaced.

WR was an obvious hole last season yet nothing was done about it in the deepest WR draft in ages.

Easy 6
09-10-2014, 10:12 PM
That's just the use of the first rounders. When depth leaves or are forced out, they're not adequately replaced.

WR was an obvious hole last season yet nothing was done about it in the deepest WR draft in ages.

News flash old pal... the Chargers are 0-1 right along with us, time to worry about your own team before trying to break down whats going on with ours, mmmk?

New World Order
09-10-2014, 10:12 PM

Dorsey is an idiot

Gadzooks
09-10-2014, 10:13 PM

The OLB prospects next year that will be available at our 1st pick are superior to Ford, they could be better at our 2nd pick as well.

There were better football players at positions of need who were available when we picked Ford; any of them would have made an impact for us immediately instead of maybe 2-3 years down the road.

So we could have had a productive rookie player, plus a better prospect as the replacement for Hali next year.

Could've had Attaochu in the 2nd. Oh, wait...

OldSchool
09-10-2014, 10:14 PM

Or just taken him in the 1st like we should have if we wanted a pass rushing OLB who would actually be any good as a rookie and still have a pretty high ceiling to develop . . . **** you San Diego.

Gadzooks
09-10-2014, 10:15 PM
News flash old pal... the Chargers are 0-1 right along with us, time to worry about your own team before trying to break down whats going on with ours, mmmk?

mmmk old buddy... just trying to help.o:-)

Rain Man
09-10-2014, 10:15 PM

Gesundheit.

chiefzilla1501
09-10-2014, 10:22 PM
If Dee Ford pans out. It's a good pick. Period.

Way too soon to call him a bust. Soon enough to worry about him.

There you go.

Dayze
09-10-2014, 10:25 PM

looks like our O-Line setting up a screen pass.

BigCatDaddy
09-10-2014, 10:27 PM
This thread makes me want to see more Deberg threads.

cdcox
09-10-2014, 11:33 PM
Top secret Chiefs draft strategy

2013: Brandon Albert's replacement
2014: Tamba Hali's replacement
2015: Brandon Flowers' Derrick Johnson's replacement
2016: Dwayne Bowe's replacement
2017: Eric Berry's replacement
2018: trade for Andy Dalton to replace Alex Smith
2019: Jamal Charles replacement

Gadzooks
09-10-2014, 11:59 PM

Will it be two 2nd rounders?

ThaVirus
09-11-2014, 12:12 AM

You jest but, at this rate, I wouldn't fucking doubt it..

Scumbag franchise.

Dayze
09-11-2014, 12:18 AM

LMAO

.....it hurts because it's true.

I LEARNED IT FROM WATCHING YOU DAD!!!!!

jd1020
09-11-2014, 12:21 AM

2017: Fire Dorsey. Fire Reid. Hire 2 shits that became obsolete 3 years ago. Cut Alex Smith. Trade for Eli Manning a month before the league year starts because he'll be a FA and likely hit the open market, but we don't want that so we'll send the Giants a 1st round pick. Eric Fishers replacement
2018: Dee Fords replacement

I think you are a bit off and fixed it for ya.

Dayze
09-11-2014, 12:25 AM
JD1020 is off Dayze's Christmas card list. Which sucks him because this was the year where we send out Emma Stone Christmas Cards with x-mas lights in lieu of nipples.

I hope you're happy.

jd1020
09-11-2014, 12:26 AM
JD1020 is off Dayze's Christmas card list. Which sucks him because this was the year where we send out Emma Stone Christmas Cards with x-mas lights in lieu of nipples.

I hope you're happy.

Figures.

Dayze
09-11-2014, 12:34 AM
maybe next year.

HEY!......I could use that slogan as Christmas Cards AND Chiefs propoganda!!!!!

mikey23545
09-11-2014, 01:19 AM
This board has become troll central...

splatbass
09-11-2014, 02:14 AM

They are drafting for the future, not for the present.

crazycoffey
09-11-2014, 02:32 AM

Hali was a good selection.

He was a high motor guy that filled a position of need.

The primaryquestion raised by most was whether he had already reached his ceiling.

Hali will never be an outside LB in a 3-4

crazycoffey
09-11-2014, 02:36 AM
Half this board is an idiot

Fyp

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 04:18 AM

I know it's hard to believe, but just because you wasted hours of your life putting together your draft board. Doesn't mean somebody who's clearly more intelligent than you didn't have a different board. Gotta love stupidity! I'd tell you to go get laid cuz it would do you better than being on here bitching like a 40 year old woman entering mesopause, but it's pretty clear getting laid isn't an option for you!

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 04:38 AM
Dorsey is an idiot

Lmao, your sucking a Chargers fans dick now?!!? Loser!

Red Dawg
09-11-2014, 05:01 AM

Why do we need help this year? We were never going to contend for anything after the loss of of three OL and Flowers. This is the sacrifice year we should have had last year. Ford can learn and start next year and I am telling you he will be good.

jd1020
09-11-2014, 05:24 AM
Why do we need help this year? We were never going to contend for anything after the loss of of three OL and Flowers. This is the sacrifice year we should have had last year. Ford can learn and start next year and I am telling you he will be good.

Something tells me that since they didn't want to do this last year we are going to have sacrifice years.

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 05:29 AM
Something tells me that since they didn't want to do this last year we are going to have sacrifice years.

Yes because championship teams are built over night. It's ok chicken little!!

jd1020
09-11-2014, 05:31 AM
Yes because championship teams are built over night. It's ok chicken little!!

Because a team with the talent Dorsey inherited should be a laughing stock in year 2.

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 06:03 AM
Because a team with the talent Dorsey inherited should be a laughing stock in year 2.

Because you can judge a whole season by the first game!

cwhocares
09-11-2014, 06:09 AM
A first round pick should be an immediate contributor to the team. An impact player. Dee Ford has not shown us that. I haven't thrown in the towel yet. He still may pan out. I'm just saying that we could have used our pick for the front line or wide receiver.

Red Dawg
09-11-2014, 06:16 AM
A first round pick should be an immediate contributor to the team. An impact player. Dee Ford has not shown us that. I haven't thrown in the towel yet. He still may pan out. I'm just saying that we could have used our pick for the front line or wide receiver.

I wish they had taken Benjamin but we have zero reason to think Ford sucks yet. I guy has not played.

Sandy Vagina
09-11-2014, 06:22 AM
I didn't like the pick at the time. I would have gone with Jimmie Ward or Cody Latimer there at #23.. or traded back, if possible.

After reflecting on it, the pick was okay. I never had a problem with the value.. though I thought it a bit early for him.

The idea of Hali and Houston being hobbled again must have scared the shit out of Reid and Sutton. That, and the reality of Hali's age and contract.. and Houston's contract demands.

Thing is, everyone wants instant gratification... and that approach would have made sense too. The 2014 draft was clearly designed with the future in mind. They must have really believed that they had enough on the roster, as is, to get back to the playoffs.

Looks like they overestimated the talent on the roster +/or overestimated their ability to coach these guys up. They better hope they turn things around and start winning half of their games this season. Don't want to lose the fan base (cha-ching!) before they get back to winning 10+ games in 2015.

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 06:30 AM

Blake Bortles, Teddy Bridgewater, and Johnny Manziel all say hi!

Sandy Vagina
09-11-2014, 06:32 AM

C'mon now... you don't know any of this to be true. If Hali or Houston get broken in 2014 again, then what chance did we have? They were drafting a likely replacement AND adding quality depth. Ford was becoming a hot prospect after looking like a man among boys throughout the draft processes.

looks like our O-Line setting up a screen pass.

that shit was ****ing ROFL

Sandy Vagina
09-11-2014, 06:40 AM

Ford has had THREE snaps so far... and two of them were on run plays. Hali and Houston are an elite tandem of rush LBs... there is no need at this time to force Ford onto the field.

Any top 10 pick should likely be an immediate impact player and contributor. Draft status.. talent.. and likely going to a shit team. KC picked at #23.. and selected a player that defenses covet.. pass rusher. If Ford is focused, he will be following 50 and 91 around like a puppy and soaking up everything they and Sutton can teach him. You just may really appreciate this pick in 2015... or even later in 2014, when 50 or 91 limp off to the sideline.

notorious
09-11-2014, 07:19 AM
One game.

Christ.

Dave Lane
09-11-2014, 07:30 AM
JFC it's been one game in his rookie season and you're already bitching?

Really?

Holy shit.

ROFL @ all you pillowbiters who claim to have the patience to develop a QB. No ****ing way you guys could stomach it.

NO

****ING

WAY.

It's why we can't have nice things. I didn't like the pick at all. But I'm not going to pass judgement for a couple years, early returns however are not promising.

notorious
09-11-2014, 07:37 AM
LMAO

One of these days, there will be a shiny, brand new 1st round QB shitting all over the field for the Chiefs and all the roles will be reversed.

Truefans will be in full attack mode, and Drafturbators will be on the defensive.

These are the days of our lives.

Valiant
09-11-2014, 07:46 AM

Man. 1st person that jumps in that pool is going to look like swampthing but with dog hair.

Dave Lane
09-11-2014, 07:49 AM

You think Jamal is going to last till 2019? True fan Dave scoffs at that notion. Seriously he needs to be traded like yesterday. He's breaking down as we are speaking.

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 07:57 AM
It's why we can't have nice things. I didn't like the pick at all. But I'm not going to pass judgement for a couple years, early returns however are not promising.

You may wanna change your stance, because we actually agree on this! Way too early to tell. And it seems there is a double standard. St rd qb takes time to mature and plays poorly. First rd defender should be making an impact. I don't get it! I realize the qb has a lot more on his plate than any defender. But it takes a really special player to come in and make an impact immediately, and it has to be in a position where he will see the field more.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-11-2014, 08:19 AM
Too early to determine.

dtrain
09-11-2014, 08:53 AM

LMAO

:clap:ROFL

New World Order
09-11-2014, 08:55 AM
I know it's hard to believe, but just because you wasted hours of your life putting together your draft board. Doesn't mean somebody who's clearly more intelligent than you didn't have a different board. Gotta love stupidity! I'd tell you to go get laid cuz it would do you better than being on here bitching like a 40 year old woman entering mesopause, but it's pretty clear getting laid isn't an option for you!

I never had a draft board you idiot.

Reading comprehension isn't your strongest suit is it?

splatbass
09-11-2014, 08:55 AM
A first round pick should be an immediate contributor to the team.

This is the "rule" of internet wannabe GMs, seen everywhere on the net, but actual GMs don't have that rule. It is not unusual to make a 1st round pick for the future, and there is nothing wrong with it. It is good to think ahead and not be living only in today when you make your picks.

A lot of you are short term thinkers, only thinking about right now. That is no way to run an NFL team, or any business for that matter. Planning for the future is important. Building a team to be good in 2-3 years and then for the long term is good.

New World Order
09-11-2014, 08:56 AM
Because you can judge a whole season by the first game!

I'm going to remember this and then throw it in your face when you realize what a disaster this franchise is.

Ragged Robin
09-11-2014, 08:57 AM

Ford has had THREE snaps so far... and two of them were on run plays. Hali and Houston are an elite tandem of rush LBs... there is no need at this time to force Ford onto the field.

...that's the point. You draft IMPACT players in the 1st, not luxury picks that have a hard time even earning playing time.

New World Order
09-11-2014, 08:58 AM
...that's the point. You draft IMPACT players in the 1st, not luxury picks that have a hard time even earning playing time.

Why doesn't anyone understand this?

Cochise, Coochie Liquor and the rest are retards.

Dumbass homers deserve a dumbass team.

Discuss Thrower
09-11-2014, 09:00 AM

Why re sign Jamaal? By the time the team is fixed (2016 at the earliest) his career will be over.

Dorsey and Reid thought they could get by with whatvt Y had.

splatbass
09-11-2014, 09:03 AM

Short term thinkers like you are the geniuses, right? :D

I bet you suck at chess.

New World Order
09-11-2014, 09:16 AM

I bet you suck at chess.

Dorsey signed a 30-year-old while supposedly building for the future through the draft.

It doesn't make any sense.

Reerun_KC
09-11-2014, 09:19 AM
Dorsey signed a 30-year-old while supposedly building for the future through the draft.

we havent made the moves to win now... Barely have made any moves to survive or sustain and NFL franchise...

splatbass
09-11-2014, 09:25 AM

He was 28 when Dorsey signed him, and still 30 isn't old for a QB.

What are the ages of the top QBs in the league right now? 38, 37, 35, etc.

New World Order
09-11-2014, 09:31 AM
we havent made the moves to win now... Barely have made any moves to survive or sustain and NFL franchise...

Alex Smith signing a 4-year $68 million dollar deal wasn't win now?

New World Order
09-11-2014, 09:32 AM
He was 28 when Dorsey signed him, and still 30 isn't old for a QB.

What are the ages of the top QBs in the league right now? 38, 37, 35, etc.

Splat do you like this song? Because I do. In fact, I played it all morning.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wREBD2og5iY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

loochy
09-11-2014, 09:34 AM

apparently not. did you see the game last sunday?

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 09:37 AM

Got it. Prepare of the burial!!

New World Order
09-11-2014, 09:42 AM
apparently not. did you see the game last sunday?

Good point.

Reerun_KC
09-11-2014, 09:42 AM

NOT even close to win now, especially when you dont surround him with Pro
bowl talent everywhere....

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 09:48 AM

Of course not. It's NOT win now! JFC! The Dung-keys are trying to WIN NOW! I know it's hard for you and your idiot brother No Word Odor to understand. But we're not in win now mode!! Were building, yep the word that everyone hates. Well this unfortunately for the entitled dumb asses it doesn't happen over night. They signed Alex Smith to get us through because there was NO ONE ELSE who they felt could carry us through. Having a bunch of high priced olde players only works when you have a Peyton Manning to make the offense work. I don't think anybody on here is proclaiming A Smith to be near Manning level. This is the beginning of the second year of the regime. Take a breath, relax! This is what it takes.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-11-2014, 09:55 AM
Build with the aged. I love it!

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 09:57 AM
Splat do you like this song? Because I do. In fact, I played it all morning.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wREBD2og5iY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great, you're a music fan?!!? Are you a fan of cheesy overplayed music from the 80s? Great!! Then your gonna love this one. It sung to the tune of Crazy Train. So get that unforgettable rhythmn in your head and sing along!

(New World order is) Crazy but that's how it goes, he needs to be bitch slapped for acting like ho's. Crying like a baby that needs to be changed, his idiotic banter is fucking insane. Posting dumb shit daily it's clear he has no brain.
New world order is as smart as a big shit stain, new world order is as smart as a big shit stain.
I've listened for too long I know he's a tool, he watches football, looks confused, and drools. He really just needs to shut his pie hole, but if he does that he can't suck Inmen's pole. Bitching and complaining that is his only game,
New World order is as smart as a big shit stain. New world order basically has shit for brains
Unhappy with every move the Chiefs, every move those damn Chiefs make make make
Guitar solo time...
Halfway intelligent he thinks he's become, his estimations are off he's completely dumb. And crazy his views are unchanged, he don't have a pea brain it's more like a sand grain.
Why is he still menstrating, he's bled for days and days. It's about time NWO gets his diaper changed. It's about time NWO gets his tampon changed.

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 09:58 AM
Build with the aged. I love it!

One of the youngest teams in the league, build with age /505Chief

New World Order
09-11-2014, 10:03 AM
Great, you're a music fan?!!? Are you a fan of cheesy overplayed music from the 80s? Great!! Then your gonna love this one. It sung to the tune of Crazy Train. So get that unforgettable rhythmn in your head and sing along!

(New World order is) Crazy but that's how it goes, he needs to be bitch slapped for acting like ho's. Crying like a baby that needs to be changed, his idiotic banter is ****ing insane. Posting dumb shit daily it's clear he has no brain.
New world order is as smart as a big shit stain, new world order is as smart as a big shit stain.
I've listened for too long I know he's a tool, he watches football, looks confused, and drools. He really just needs to shut his pie hole, but if he does that he can't suck Inmen's pole. Bitching and complaining that is his only game,
New World order is as smart as a big shit stain. New world order basically has shit for brains
Unhappy with every move the Chiefs, every move those damn Chiefs make make make
Guitar solo time...
Halfway intelligent he thinks he's become, his estimations are off he's completely dumb. And crazy his views are unchanged, he don't have a pea brain it's more like a sand grain.
Why is he still menstrating, he's bled for days and days. It's about time NWO gets his diaper changed. It's about time NWO gets his tampon changed.

That Beach Boys song is not from the 80's.

I like the rhyme though, it's solid.

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 10:05 AM
That Beach Boys song is not from the 80's.

Crazy train is, dummy! Read the post again! And I have a prob with reading comprehension lmmfao!

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-11-2014, 10:09 AM
One of the youngest teams in the league, build with age /505Chief

I was referring to the QB. And,

Your and idiot.

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 10:11 AM
I was referring to the QB. And,

Your and idiot.

But, but, but.... Got it!

Reerun_KC
09-11-2014, 10:30 AM
Of course not. It's NOT win now! JFC! The Dung-keys are trying to WIN NOW! I know it's hard for you and your idiot brother No Word Odor to understand. But we're not in win now mode!! Were building, yep the word that everyone hates. Well this unfortunately for the entitled dumb asses it doesn't happen over night. They signed Alex Smith to get us through because there was NO ONE ELSE who they felt could carry us through. Having a bunch of high priced olde players only works when you have a Peyton Manning to make the offense work. I don't think anybody on here is proclaiming A Smith to be near Manning level. This is the beginning of the second year of the regime. Take a breath, relax! This is what it takes.
What part of WE ARE NOT IN WIN NOW MODE do you not understand?

I swear Allah you are fucking dense as shit.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-11-2014, 10:33 AM

I swear Allah you are ****ing dense as shit.

LMAO

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 10:41 AM

I swear Allah you are fucking dense as shit.

You're the dumb fuck bitching that it isn't win now! No shit! It's you that's feeling like we SHOULD be in win now mode. And you're an idiot for thinking that! On top of being a jackass normally!

The Franchise
09-11-2014, 10:42 AM
You can be in win now mode and still build for the future of your team. That's how good teams do it.

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 10:43 AM
LMAO

Muslim pilot.. Isn't that a punk rock band?

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 10:44 AM
You can be in win now mode and still build for the future of your team. That's how good teams do it.

That's how teams that have FRANCHISE QBS do it. I think Smith is capable but nowhere near a franchise qb. When you lack that not much else will matter. Also were one of if not the youngest teams. But we should be winning now! Noted!

Rausch
09-11-2014, 10:45 AM

Why we're not.

Our talent is all at 30 or near it.

We better fucking want to win now...

The Franchise
09-11-2014, 10:48 AM
That's how teams that have FRANCHISE QBS do it. I think Smith is capable but nowhere near a franchise qb. When you lack that not much else will matter. Also were one of if not the youngest teams. But we should be winning now! Noted!

Dude....EVERY team should be winning now. That's the fucking goal of the organization.

Waiting until Manning retires to make your move should get you fired.

Rausch
09-11-2014, 10:49 AM
Dude....EVERY team should be winning now. That's the ****ing goal of the organization.

Waiting until Manning retires to make your move should get you fired.

"Fuck what the team needs...AH DRAFT WHO AH WHANT!":cuss:

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 10:52 AM
Why we're not.

Our talent is all at 30 or near it.

We better fucking want to win now...

Great analysis, but... 3rd youngest team in the league. So

x

tecumseh
09-11-2014, 10:52 AM
If you trade TWO 2nd round picks for a 30 year veteran QB, regardless of quality, what other message are you sending other than " Win now"?

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 10:54 AM
"Fuck what the team needs...AH DRAFT WHO AH WHANT!":cuss:

Because drafting for need is smart right? That's what all the good teams do right?
Another fit by you. SSDD

Rausch
09-11-2014, 10:57 AM
Because drafting for need is smart right? That's what all the good teams do right?

Every team managed to do it last year in the first round because there was that much talent. Only we reached for a super weak (outside pass rusher) position and didn't get value there.

And yes, all good teams do address the weaknesses on their teams...

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 10:57 AM
If you trade TWO 2nd round picks for a 30 year veteran QB, regardless of quality, what other message are you sending other than " Win now"?

Who did that? Might wanna go check your facts, and play again next time!!

Rausch
09-11-2014, 10:58 AM
Who did that? Might wanna go check your facts, and play again next time!!

We did.

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 10:58 AM
Every team managed to do it last year in the first round because there was that much talent. Only we reached for a super weak (outside pass rusher) position and didn't get value there.

And yes, all good teams do address the weaknesses on their teams...

A few teams=every team /Rausch

Rausch
09-11-2014, 11:00 AM
A few teams=every team /Rausch

Show me 4 first round picks from last year that wasn't at an area of need...

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-11-2014, 11:02 AM
BPA determined by software. WIN!

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 11:03 AM
We did.

You're really strengthening your case of being an idiot (not that you needed to). Alex Smith was 28 when we signed him! It's called FACTS, you really should look into them occasionally!

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 11:04 AM
Show me 4 first round picks from last year that wasn't at an area of need...

Don't you know how to use google? Oh yeah probably not since you thought Alex Smith was 30 when we signed him! You should look into google sometime, it's pretty useful!

jd1020
09-11-2014, 11:07 AM
You're really strengthening your case of being an idiot (not that you needed to). Alex Smith was 27 when we signed him! It's called FACTS, you really should look into them occasionally!

He didn't sign anything in KC until a couple weeks ago and he was 28 when the trade happened, if I'm not mistaken. Would be kinda hard to be 27 when he's 30 now.

tecumseh
09-11-2014, 11:07 AM
You're really strengthening your case of being an idiot (not that you needed to). Alex Smith was 27 when we signed him! It's called FACTS, you really should look into them occasionally!

I concide the error. Yet the point is still valid. Ever consider litigation as a career?

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 11:11 AM
I concide the error. Yet the point is still valid. Ever consider litigation as a career?

Lol! They had nobody else they felt comfortable with getting us through the rebuilding process. No qbs they felt were worthy of the draft pick. He's not our qbotf he's our qb to get us til we can get a better one. Then he can help him become a better player like he did for Kaep. Who else would we have had besides A Smith?

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 11:12 AM
He didn't sign anything in KC until a couple weeks ago and he was 28 when the trade happened, if I'm not mistaken. Would be kinda hard to be 27 when he's 30 now.

Yeah I meant 28 but I have fat fingers. (At least that's what I'm sticking with) I don't deny my idiocy like some on here!

jd1020
09-11-2014, 11:13 AM
Lol! They had nobody else they felt comfortable with getting us through the rebuilding process. No qbs they felt were worthy of the draft pick. He's not our qbotf he's our qb to get us til we can get a better one. Then he can help him become a better player like he did for Kaep. Who else would we have had besides A Smith?

Should have stuck with Cassel if they cared about finding a QBotF. At least with him they would have had annual #1 picks.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-11-2014, 11:13 AM

Dumbest...

argument...

ever.

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 11:17 AM
Dumbest...

argument...

ever.

Are you capable of forming more than one or 2 sentences in a row. Haven't seen proof yet. I think lunch is over at the middle school you better get back to class!

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 11:18 AM
Should have stuck with Cassel if they cared about finding a QBotF. At least with him they would have had annual #1 picks.

I hope you're not serious! NOBODY in this town wanted him here. But yeah we should have kept him. Fuck it, shoulda kept Pioli around too! Omg!

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-11-2014, 11:20 AM
Are you capable of forming more than one or 2 sentences in a row. Haven't seen proof yet. I think lunch is over at the middle school you better get back to class!

Why is Coochie Liquor the dumbest fuck to ever fuck a dumb?

jd1020
09-11-2014, 11:20 AM
shoulda kept Pioli around too! Omg!

He could help Dorsey with contracts and trade value. He only gave up 1 second for his failure of a QB.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-11-2014, 11:21 AM
He could help Dorsey with contracts and trade value. He only gave up 1 second for his failure of a QB.

Burn.

Tombstone RJ
09-11-2014, 11:22 AM
KC should have drafted a WR, this last draft was super deep at WR. The Broncos got Latimore...

ptlyon
09-11-2014, 11:22 AM
27, 28, 30, who really gives a fuck? He sucks.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-11-2014, 11:23 AM
27, 28, 30, who really gives a ****? He sucks.

Suckage comes in many age groups, yes.

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 11:24 AM

Pretty clear your football iq is lower than your regular iq if that's even possible. Not a worthy opponent. Sorry!

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 11:26 AM
KC should have drafted a WR, this last draft was super deep at WR. The Broncos got Latimore...

This is a MUCH more valid point! Damnit, why does it have to be a Dung-keys fan with the voice of reason?

jd1020
09-11-2014, 11:26 AM
Pretty clear your football iq is lower than your regular iq if that's even possible. Not a worthy opponent. Sorry!

I accept your surrender.

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 11:28 AM
27, 28, 30, who really gives a fuck? He sucks.

He is serviceable, not elite, not franchise, but serviceable. Who's your fix all that we should have as our starting qb that was available?

ptlyon
09-11-2014, 11:35 AM
He is serviceable, not elite, not franchise, but serviceable. Who's your fix all that we should have as our starting qb that was available?

I ain't getting into that argument. Too long ago and really have no clue of who was available at that time and don't really care. I'm just sick of this franchise trying to stick shit to the wall and making it sound like they're trying or actually give a fuck.

Mr_Tomahawk
09-11-2014, 11:35 AM
This thread is a waste of space.

CoMoChief
09-11-2014, 11:36 AM
Hali is not going to be a Chief next season. Chiefs must cut him because Houston has to get paid. They won't keep both.

Chiefs will cut Daniel, Avery, Fasano, S.Smith, Jenkins, K.Williams, and maybe a couple other FA people that are on this team. Due to his injury, the Chiefs may very well cut Derrick Johnson, but that would be a very bold move. I dont think it will happen but it could be in the cards.

Ford was drafted to replace Hali. But for the time being, Hali is still a Chief and Ford has both Hali and Houston in front of him. Unless he's used in some sub pkgs, or one of them is hurt, or needs a breather, Ford is probably not going to see a lot of snaps this season. You don't call this pick a bust yet until the guy plays.

Now I'll admit we had other areas of immediate need to be addressed and they weren't addressed by either through the draft or FA like WR or S. I'm personally more pissed at the Gaines pick. Never liked the pick to begin with/still don't like the pick. He's a project. Why do these coaches that are paid millions draft projects in early rds, it's just so entirely stupid. First 3 rds you need to draft starters. The late rounds 4-7 are for projects, depth or maybe grab some diamonds in the rough that fell because of "character" concerns, that otherwise would be early picks. But the first 3 rds if nothing else, should be used for drafting players you know can start for you immediately. With the exception of the QB position. It's ok to draft a 1st rd QB and have him sit for a year IMO.

But drafting Ford was a move for the future. Stupid considering it's OLB, but a future move none of the less. But just because Hali and Houston are in front of him on the depth chart (and rightfully so) doesn't mean he's a bust. We probably won't see a lot of this guy til next season.

Chief Roundup
09-11-2014, 11:50 AM

Chiefnj already showed you that this is a total fallacy.

Chief Roundup
09-11-2014, 11:52 AM
:deevee: They didn't draft whom I wanted :deevee:
That is all that comes across from you with your continuous barrage against anything Dee Ford.
I guess you don't remember how bad other players have looked that turned out pretty good as well....Tamba is just one example.

Reerun_KC
09-11-2014, 12:39 PM
Regardless, we are still not in "win now mode"....

its not rocket surgery...

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-11-2014, 12:40 PM
"Wait Now".

Reerun_KC
09-11-2014, 12:41 PM
"Wait Now".

ROFL

That's it, we are in "Wait Now" mode...

Reerun_KC
09-11-2014, 12:42 PM
Or better yet, "What Now?" mode....

Same shit different season, wash, rinse, repeat, we are the Chiefs!!!!

Chiefs Kingdom!!!!

Discuss Thrower
09-11-2014, 12:44 PM
The Chiefs have been 3 years away from being contenders for the last 5 years now.

Reerun_KC
09-11-2014, 12:46 PM
The Chiefs have been 3 years away from being contenders for the last 25 years now.

Its been a long time since we were able to contend for a superbowl. I have been a fan since 1988 and yet have seen a superbowl contender in KC...

ptlyon
09-11-2014, 12:46 PM
Don't worry, Zach Cook just sent me an email just a half an hour ago on ticket packages still available, so all is good at the mother ship.

Hammock Parties
09-11-2014, 12:47 PM
What was his PFF snap count and pressure count in Week 1? Anyone?

srvy
09-11-2014, 12:55 PM
Well this threat went south pretty fast.

Chief Roundup
09-11-2014, 12:56 PM
The Chiefs have been 3 years away from being contenders for the last 45 years now.

FYP

Reerun_KC
09-11-2014, 12:59 PM
You're the dumb **** bitching that it isn't win now! No shit! It's you that's feeling like we SHOULD be in win now mode. And you're an idiot for thinking that! On top of being a jackass normally!

Okay I am just now realizing with what everyone already knows, you struggle with words...

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 02:00 PM
Okay I am just now realizing with what everyone already knows, you struggle with words...

Brilliant display dumb ass! I can't believe they let you on a plane let alone anywhere near the cockpit. Oh yeah you ARE the cock pit!

Discuss Thrower
09-11-2014, 02:04 PM
Don't worry, Zach Cook just sent me an email just a half an hour ago on ticket packages still available, so all is good at the mother ship.

Those poor bastards and interns are going to have a shitty spring. It's going to be hard as hell to sell season tickets and parking passes for a team that's averaged five wins over three years.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-11-2014, 02:11 PM
Or better yet, "What Now?" mode....

Same shit different season, wash, rinse, repeat, we are the Chiefs!!!!

Chiefs Kingdom!!!!

Truth.

But don't feel entitled!/Coochie Lickstain

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 02:15 PM
Truth.

You 2 are so cute! And now back to your regularly scheduled game of .... Hide the sausage!

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 02:16 PM
Truth.

You're a BIG reason why....

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-11-2014, 02:17 PM

Go "bitch" your momma, punk.

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 02:18 PM
Go "bitch" your momma, punk.

Lmao, you mad pussy?? Hahahahahaaaaa

Coochie liquor
Wanna act like a bitch, gonna get treated like one!

ptlyon
Lickstain ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-11-2014, 02:20 PM
Coochie strikes me as the kind that had a shit-fit if he didn't get to tear open the cereal box in the store and claim the prize inside.

The Franchise
09-11-2014, 02:21 PM

Try using IMG tags like a fucking adult and stop attaching images to your posts.

FloridaMan88
09-11-2014, 02:24 PM
Dee Ford= Chiefs 1st Round Pick, zero impact in first game, played only 3 defensive snaps.

Bradley Roby= Denver's 1st Round Pick, makes the win clinching defensive play in Denver's first game.

Enough said.

RealSNR
09-11-2014, 02:38 PM
This is the "rule" of internet wannabe GMs, seen everywhere on the net, but actual GMs don't have that rule. It is not unusual to make a 1st round pick for the future, and there is nothing wrong with it. It is good to think ahead and not be living only in today when you make your picks.

A lot of you are short term thinkers, only thinking about right now. That is no way to run an NFL team, or any business for that matter. Planning for the future is important. Building a team to be good in 2-3 years and then for the long term is good.
And you don't do that by using first round draft stock to save money in free agency.

Eric Fisher was drafted to avoid paying Albert. Dee Ford was drafted to get out of Tamba Hali's salary next year.

We're probably going to let Houston walk and draft another pass rusher in 2015.

That has a very low probability of making your team better. All it does is stagnate your roster development. And you can see the intense amount of pressure it puts on your GM to get EVERY single pick right, yes? In the process of saving cap room, you've downgraded two pretty important positions on the team (Albert > Fisher, Hali > Ford).

You don't have that problem if you go BPA or even for need. The team improves in both the short term AND long term if you fill holes on your roster with solid picks. It's not just for longterm success, which is what Dorsey is trying to pull off.

ptlyon
09-11-2014, 02:41 PM
And you don't do that by using first round draft stock to save money in free agency.

Eric Fisher was drafted to avoid paying Albert. Dee Ford was drafted to get out of Tamba Hali's salary next year.

We're probably going to let Houston walk and draft another pass rusher this year.

That has a very low probability of making your team better. All it does is stagnate your roster development.

Medioconomics 101

OldSchool
09-11-2014, 02:52 PM

I bet you suck at chess.

Short term? How is drafting your future #1 WR, starting FS, or future fixture at CB just a short term move?

Talk about the future, any GM worth their salt would have looked ahead to the next draft and seen that the OLB prospects in 2015 are superior to what was available at pick 23 in the draft. Reaching for Ford was a short-sighted panic move.

"We need someone who can replace Hali from this draft and aren't willing to wait for the 2015 draft where the OLB prospects are better than what is available after Clowney and Mack. Let's pass on better football players at other positions of greater immediate need to reach for this Dee Ford guy who should be a 2nd rounder at best."

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-11-2014, 02:54 PM
Short term? How is drafting your future #1 WR, starting FS, or future fixture at CB just a short term move?

Talk about the future, any GM worth their salt would have looked ahead to the next draft and seen that the OLB prospects in 2015 are superior to what was available at pick 23 in the draft. Reaching for Ford was a short-sighted panic move.

"We need someone who can replace Hali from this draft and aren't willing to wait for the 2015 draft where the OLB prospects are better than what is available after Clowney and Mack. Let's pass on better football players at other positions of greater immediate need to reach for this Dee Ford guy who should be a 2nd rounder at best."

Now, now; stop trying to out think genius. You don't get paid to do this.

Bob Dole
09-11-2014, 02:54 PM
One regular season game in and we are discussing whether the team wasted a draft pick or not.

This place gets more stupid by the day.

jd1020
09-11-2014, 02:55 PM
One regular season game in and we are discussing whether the team wasted a draft pick or not.

Not sure how many games we are into the season matters, considering what the purpose of the pick was.

notorious
09-11-2014, 02:56 PM

I thought this place maxed out on stupid a long time ago, but it keeps raising the bar.

Bob Dole
09-11-2014, 03:00 PM
Not sure how many games we are into the season matters, considering what the purpose of the pick was.

Of course you're not.

OldSchool
09-11-2014, 03:13 PM

I don't see what's so hard to understand here.

2014 draft: At least 10 players who were there that we could have drafted who would have come in, played at a high level, and helped immediately at various positions of need. Verrett, Roby, Ward, Matthews, Lee, Bitonio, Su'a-Filo, Benjamin, Bucannon, Attaochu, etc.

2015 Draft: We'll likely be picking somewhere within the top 15. We'll have a strong chance at having the opportunity to draft either Beasley, Calhoun, or Gregory. (Though Gregory may end up going top 5.) All 3 are superior to Ford who was widely regarded as a day 2 prospect prior to the Senior Bowl where he blew up because of his ability to easily time the snap due to the simplicity of the Senior Bowl game. We'll be passing on these superior prospects because we already took Ford.

He hasn't looked very good so far in the NFL because it's not so easy to guess the snap count anymore; his one trick is nowhere near good enough at this point.

MagicHef
09-11-2014, 03:31 PM
What was his PFF snap count and pressure count in Week 1? Anyone?

3 snaps, 1 pass rush 2 run.

0 pressures or stats of any kind.

Easy 6
09-11-2014, 03:33 PM
3 snaps, 1 pass rush 2 run.

0 pressures or stats of any kind.

He's gonna fix that this week.

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 03:45 PM

C'mon that's plenty of time to know what you've got! /cper's with no clue

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-11-2014, 03:48 PM

Yeah, no one could possibly project trends based upon the Chiefs doing the same stupid shit they've been doing for 40 years...

Unpossible!

MagicHef
09-11-2014, 03:53 PM
He's gonna fix that this week.

That's not a failure on Dee's part, it's a failure on Sutton to not get him more playing time.

Kind of how Vance Walker came in for one play in the second quarter, got a sack, and was rewarded by sitting on the bench for the rest of the game. One play, one sack. It's pretty impressive.

OldSchool
09-11-2014, 03:56 PM

Again, you're completely missing the point.

Dorsey reached for Ford because the 3-4 rush OLB position was weak after the top 3 and passed on better prospects who would have actually helped immediately at other positions of need.

There are at least 3 players who will be available to us next year who are going to be superior 3-4 OLB prospects compared to Ford. That's just out of the few that I've had a chance to look at so far so the list can grow even more. But, of course, we're going to pass on them because we already reached for the inferior prospect a year before.

It'll be like passing on a chance to buy a Farrari because you already paid the same price for a Mustang.

OldSchool
09-11-2014, 03:58 PM
That's not a failure on Dee's part, it's a failure on Sutton to not get him more playing time.

Kind of how Vance Walker came in for one play in the second quarter, got a sack, and was rewarded by sitting on the bench for the rest of the game. One play, one sack. It's pretty impressive.

Yeah, Walker is a welcome addition as an interior pass rusher. I'll be happy with that signing even if all he does is come in for 15 plays a game to push the pocket on passing downs. It's just sad that he was more effective at it than Poe was.

hometeam
09-11-2014, 04:02 PM

To be fair we had this discussion the moment the pick was made~

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 04:03 PM
Coochie strikes me as the kind that had a shit-fit if he didn't get to tear open the cereal box in the store and claim the prize inside.

Idk what kind of kool aide you've been drinking, but it must have some hallucinogenic properties. I don't come on here acting like a baby because things don't go my way. I don't come on here bitching about players, and don't complain too much when the coaches suck. Because I have a life. Go find anywhere that I was bitching significantly about the team. Good luck cuz it doesn't happen. I can move on (albeit with not as much pep in my step) when we lose. I don't jump ship because the team isn't moving in the direction I want. It's not the team that I have much of a problem with near as much as entitled, little whining bitches who act like they are football geniuses. But in reality they probably are in charge of mopping out the video stalls at the local adult bookstore. Grow a pair, shit don't always go you way. That's LIFE!!

hometeam
09-11-2014, 04:06 PM
Idk what kind of kool aide you've been drinking, but it must have some hallucinogenic properties. I don't come on here acting like a baby because things don't go my way. I don't come on here bitching about players, and don't complain too much when the coaches suck. Because I have a life. Go find anywhere that I was bitching significantly about the team. Good luck cuz it doesn't happen. I can move on (albeit with not as much pep in my step) when we lose. I don't jump ship because the team isn't moving in the direction I want. It's not the team that I have much of a problem with near as much as entitled, little whining bitches who act like they are football geniuses. But in reality they probably are in charge of mopping out the video stalls at the local adult bookstore. Grow a pair, shit don't always go you way. That's LIFE!!

You sure do a lot of bitching about bitching though.

jd1020
09-11-2014, 04:07 PM

That's his life he was talking about.

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 04:07 PM
Again, you're completely missing the point.

Dorsey reached for Ford because the 3-4 rush OLB position was weak after the top 3 and passed on better prospects who would have actually helped immediately at other positions of need.

There are at least 3 players who will be available to us next year who are going to be superior 3-4 OLB prospects compared to Ford. That's just out of the few that I've had a chance to look at so far so the list can grow even more. But, of course, we're going to pass on them because we already reached for the inferior prospect a year before.

It'll be like passing on a chance to buy a Farrari because you already paid the same price for a Mustang.

In the same thread you are complaining about how we took Dorsey's BPA which we don't currently have a need for.... Your complaining that we WONT draft another player because we already have one. Please tell me you see the circle you're talking yourself into??

xztop123
09-11-2014, 04:08 PM
No way Ford is going to be a good player. he has more pass rushing potential than anyone on the roster. He's played such a small amount of snaps

hometeam
09-11-2014, 04:14 PM
No way Ford is going to be a good player. he has more pass rushing potential than anyone on the roster. He's played such a small amount of snaps

This is sarcasm, an incorrect statement, and a correct statement.. All in one.

No wonder your not getting laid, it is hard to understand the point you are trying to get across when you lay your thoughts out there~

OldSchool
09-11-2014, 04:14 PM
In the same thread you are complaining about how we took Dorsey's BPA which we don't currently have a need for.... Your complaining that we WONT draft another player because we already have one. Please tell me you see the circle you're talking yourself into??

My complaint is simple. There were easily better players available at positions of need and Dorsey passed on them to reach for Ford.

Next year, the BPA will likely truly be a dominant 3-4 OLB prospect, but we're going to end up passing on the BPA again to reach for some other prospect who isn't as good of a football player.

That's how bad teams stay bad. They continue to reach in the draft and pass on players who are actually good and can help right away.

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 04:15 PM

I like to call it calling out the pussys. But why would you understand?

loochy
09-11-2014, 04:15 PM

This is sarcasm, an incorrect statement, and a correct statement.. All in one.

No wonder your not getting laid, it is hard to understand the point you are trying to get across when you lay your thoughts out there~

yeah....what?

that post doesn't make sense

keg in kc
09-11-2014, 04:16 PM
You can never judge this stuff this quickly. Derrick Johnson was generally considered a disappointment for his draft range until his 6th season and now (at least before Sunday :() he's considered one of the best LBs in the league. Not many people liked the Tamba Hali selection, and like DJ it took him about 5 years to really break through, and that being a couple of years into playing as a 3-4 OLB, which nobody thought he'd be able to do. Even Justin Houston's first season didn't exactly scream "pro bowl", and as we all know the only reason he wasn't a first round selection was pot. Then the next year he has double digit sacks.

Not saying it should or will take as long as these other guys for Ford, but you just can't know what you have after one game. And Ford, in particular, is someone that's going to take a little time. He's not a polished, experienced 3-4 OLB like Houston was coming out. He was a pass rushing defensive end, and everything he has to do at this level besides that is basically something new.

I think that if he develops into a faster/more athletic version of Hali a season from now, and plays like that for the better part of the next decade, he'll have been worth the pick, regardless of what ever else we might have 'needed' for 2014. Pass rushers are only going to become more important going forward in the NFL and you just can't coach his first step. But it will involve the rest of his game developing. But hey, the draft's a gamble. You want 'safe' you keep taking Eric Fisher.

hometeam
09-11-2014, 04:17 PM
I like to call it calling out the pussys. But why would you understand?

I just calls em like I sees em~

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 04:18 PM
My complaint is simple. There were easily better players available at positions of need and Dorsey passed on them to reach for Ford.

Next year, the BPA will likely truly be a dominant 3-4 OLB prospect, but we're going to end up passing on the BPA again to reach for some other prospect who isn't as good of a football player.

That's how bad teams stay bad. They continue to reach in the draft and pass on players who are actually good and can help right away.

I don't disagree with part of this, and I tend to agree with more of your posts than not. But it's too early to judge Ford.

Red Dawg
09-11-2014, 04:20 PM
For those of you in the cheap seats......FORD WAS NOT PICKED TO MAKE AN IMPACT THIS SEASON! HE IS HALI'S REPLACEMENT! He will be a good player. He dominated in the SEC.

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 04:20 PM
I just calls em like I sees em~

You got it!!

mikey23545
09-11-2014, 04:24 PM

As I said in another thread, this board has become Troll Central...the same posters show up day after day, spewing the same lines day after day, and it's always about a draft pick or FA signing they would never have done...over and over and over...anytime anyone challenges their notions they simply repeat the same things over and over and over...

Discussing the players or games themselves is a slowly dying thing.

OldSchool
09-11-2014, 04:25 PM
You can never judge this stuff this quickly. Derrick Johnson was generally considered a disappointment for his draft range until his 6th season and now (at least before Sunday :() he's considered one of the best LBs in the league. Not many people liked the Tamba Hali selection, and like DJ it took him about 5 years to really break through, and that being a couple of years into playing as a 3-4 OLB, which nobody thought he'd be able to do. Even Justin Houston's first season didn't exactly scream "pro bowl", and as we all know the only reason he wasn't a first round selection was pot. Then the next year he has double digit sacks.

Not saying it should or will take as long as these other guys for Ford, but you just can't know what you have after one game. And Ford, in particular, is someone that's going to take a little time. He's not a polished, experienced 3-4 OLB like Houston was coming out. He was a pass rushing defensive end, and everything he has to do at this level besides that is basically something new.

I think that if he develops into a faster/more athletic version of Hali a season from now, and plays like that for the better part of the next decade, he'll have been worth the pick, regardless of what ever else we might have 'needed' for 2014. Pass rushers are only going to become more important going forward in the NFL and you just can't coach his first step. But it will involve the rest of his game developing. But hey, the draft's a gamble. You want 'safe' you keep taking Eric Fisher.

The 1st round isn't a gamble if you're good at your job. We need better DBs than pass rushers who will play only 3-4 snaps a game right now. Verrett, Roby, or Ward would have all started for us and they would have make a hell of a lot more of a difference than Dee Ford can. That's not taking the "safe" prospect, that's being smart and drafting someone who can immediately push for significant playing time.

What was going to help us more? A corner who could come in and play better than at least one of our current top 3 corners? A WR who had the ability to beat out Avery for the #2 role in this offense? Or a pass rushing project who will get 3-5 snaps a game and looked like a practice squad guy while playing against backups during the pre-season?

jd1020
09-11-2014, 04:25 PM

Says the person posting in a thread about one of the players.

keg in kc
09-11-2014, 04:27 PM
The 1st round isn't a gamble if you're good at your job.Every pick is always a gamble.

In any case, it's clear you don't have any idea what you're talking about, so I'm going to go ahead and bow out of this thread now and go back to Destiny.

OldSchool
09-11-2014, 04:27 PM
For those of you in the cheap seats......FORD WAS NOT PICKED TO MAKE AN IMPACT THIS SEASON! HE IS HALI'S REPLACEMENT! He will be a good player. He dominated in the SEC.

Ford's production was far from stellar. Go compare his production in college to Jeremiah Attaochu, it's not even close and Ford had more than 4 years of college football to do it in.

Just like the Eric Fisher pick, Dorsey put way too much stock in the Senior Bowl performance.

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 04:30 PM

Someone on here explained it well for me once. It's like an accident... You may not be involved in it, but you ARE gonna look! Kinda like when you're watching porn by yourself cuz you can't get laid... You're not involved in it, but you're gonna look!!

xztop123
09-11-2014, 04:30 PM
The sample size is too small. hes not a linebacker transitioning to LB and you're saying he's a bust due to pre season? Tamba sucked for a minute when he first was put at OLB

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 04:32 PM
Try using IMG tags like a fucking adult and stop attaching images to your posts.

Can I do it from my iPhone? If not you're stuck looking at attachments...

hometeam
09-11-2014, 04:33 PM
The sample size is too small. hes not a linebacker transitioning to LB and you're saying he's a bust due to pre season? Tamba sucked for a minute when he first was put at OLB

Your posts are hard to read.. but you obviously haven't been paying attention to the narrative.

The premise here is not that Ford is a bust, but that he was taken in lieu of other players that could help more, and there will be better talent available next year.

I am not convinced either way on it, just explaining to you that what you are arguing against isn't really the point of this thread.

OldSchool
09-11-2014, 04:39 PM

Again, I am not calling Ford a bust. Nowhere did I say that. All I am really saying is that it was a very poor use of finite resources.

Could have taken a starting caliber CB, Safety, or WR, instead he took a project at OLB.

The suckage of that decision is compounded by the fact that next year, at least one of the top 3 OLB prospects will be available to us, all of whom are easily superior to Ford.

mikey23545
09-11-2014, 04:44 PM

Perhaps you're obtuse, or simply dull...By discussing the players I was referring to discussing their skills, abilities, technique...

Not "He was a bust!" over and over and over.

Coochie liquor
09-11-2014, 04:44 PM
Again, I am not calling Ford a bust. Nowhere did I say that. All I am really saying is that it was a very poor use of finite resources.

Could have taken a starting caliber CB, Safety, or WR, instead he took a project at OLB.

The suckage of that decision is compounded by the fact that next year, at least one of the top 3 OLB prospects will be available to us, all of whom are easily superior to Ford.

But we won't take him if he's Dorsey's BPA because he does t have a history of taking HIS BPA....

Mr. Laz
09-11-2014, 04:47 PM

Isn't Ford being used at Houston's position?

Abba-Dabba
09-11-2014, 04:54 PM
Every pick is always a gamble.

In any case, it's clear you don't have any idea what you're talking about, so I'm going to go ahead and bow out of this thread now and go back to Destiny.

That's the easy thing to say. Just like when a player gets injured it's easy to say it's just football. Yet some players are more injury prone than others. Some players just have bad luck. There are nuances. Like every bet isn't equal. There are better bets than others. Just like there is better draft picks than others.

Some GM's just seem to know what they want, and how to get it. Dorsey, I don't get that from. I feel there is no clear direction they are going with the team. From the coaching to the FO, I have to think most of time they don't know really what to do. Just skipping a long hoping for a prayer.

jd1020
09-11-2014, 05:02 PM
Perhaps you're obtuse, or simply dull...By discussing the players I was referring to discussing their skills, abilities, technique...

Perhaps you're ignorant, or simply blind... If you actually read the thread you'd know that the word "bust" has only been used 17 times in this thread, mostly by people such as yourself who can't comprehend the question.

But if you want to discuss his skills lets do it!

1) He's got a good first step
2) ...
3) hmmm
4) I've got nothing.

Saccopoo
09-11-2014, 06:25 PM
That last part does seem to be the way they go about it, and that is troubling.

I'd like to know more about this supposed computer program Dorsey uses to assist him with his draft picks, because as listed earlier, there were a shit ton of guys we could have taken that would have stepped right in and contributed.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285865

xztop123
09-11-2014, 06:32 PM
Your posts are hard to read.. but you obviously haven't been paying attention to the narrative.

The premise here is not that Ford is a bust, but that he was taken in lieu of other players that could help more, and there will be better talent available next year.

I am not convinced either way on it, just explaining to you that what you are arguing against isn't really the point of this thread.

For game one he was a waste of a pick. I don't think he will be a waste of a pick this week vs Denver. And I def don't think he will be the second time we play Denver.

stumppy
09-11-2014, 08:09 PM
As I said in another thread, this board has become Troll Central...the same posters show up day after day, spewing the same lines day after day, and it's always about a draft pick or FA signing they would never have done...over and over and over...anytime anyone challenges their notions they simply repeat the same things over and over and over...

You forgot to ad the same trolls seem to always know the exact reasons and reasoning used by the Owner/GM/Coach to draft/sign/cut/pass on the players.

The same bitchfest perpetuated by the same bitches every single day is getting old.

RealSNR
09-11-2014, 08:35 PM

That was going on back in May, June, and July.

Now that the team is in the shitter, we're looking to next year and realizing that Ford was a pretty shitty pick based on the ways he ties our hands in next year's draft.

Mav
09-11-2014, 08:42 PM
That was going on back in May, June, and July.

Now that the team is in the shitter, we're looking to next year and realizing that Ford was a pretty shitty pick based on the ways he ties our hands in next year's draft.
He doesn't tie the team for the draft. He eases the nerves if Houston isn't retained, or hali is cut.

FloridaMan88
09-11-2014, 08:43 PM

Generally when a team's entire draft class has zero impact in the first regular season game it is a bad sign (especially when that said team also sat idle in free agency).

But again feel free to try to spin that as an overreaction.

RealSNR
09-11-2014, 08:48 PM
He doesn't tie the team for the draft. He eases the nerves if Houston isn't retained, or hali is cut.

He's NOT going to fucking play Houston's position.

He can't cover, he can't tackle, and he doesn't have the mental quickness.

If we let Houston walk and replace him with Ford, our defense is going to be twice the AIDS it already is.

Mav
09-11-2014, 08:50 PM
He's NOT going to fucking play Houston's position.

If we let Houston walk and replace him with Ford, our defense is going to be twice the AIDS it already is.
Dude. I agree. No need to yell at me. I'm not sure what he can do. He was an awful pick.

splatbass
09-12-2014, 01:30 AM
:deevee: They didn't draft whom I wanted :deevee:
That is all that comes across from you with your continuous barrage against anything Dee Ford.
I guess you don't remember how bad other players have looked that turned out pretty good as well....Tamba is just one example.

Patience is in short supply around here.

splatbass
09-12-2014, 01:38 AM

This.

Direckshun
09-12-2014, 03:45 AM
Does Ford tie our hands in next year's draft?

If he can't develop much of anything towards the end of the year, and we let Hali go (as it's clear we will), what's honestly to stop us from taking an elite passrusher?

You need to be three-deep at the position anyway, and while the 23rd overall pick is high to take a quality backup at the position, it starts to look like a damn goldmine if Houston or the elite passrusher go down.

Eleazar
09-12-2014, 04:22 AM
on Chiefsplanet, the pick is wasted before he's even appeared in 2 regular season games. :drool:

Coochie liquor
09-12-2014, 05:12 AM
on Chiefsplanet, the pick is wasted before he's even appeared in 2 regular season games. :drool:

Yes! It's almost like you can tell who does and doesn't get laid on the regular just by the negativity in all their posts.

OldSchool
09-12-2014, 05:13 AM
Does Ford tie our hands in next year's draft?

If he can't develop much of anything towards the end of the year, and we let Hali go (as it's clear we will), what's honestly to stop us from taking an elite passrusher?

You need to be three-deep at the position anyway, and while the 23rd overall pick is high to take a quality backup at the position, it starts to look like a damn goldmine if Houston or the elite passrusher go down.

If the BPA is really Gregory or Beasley, would you be fine if Dorsey passed on him just because we took Ford the year before even if Ford shows very little improvement over the year?

And another factor is, we don't have a DC who will take advantage of a large group of good pass rushers like Seattle does. The highest snap count for a Seattle DL player was something like 65% of the team's defensive snaps, most of them were around 30-40% last year. Houston, Hali, and Poe all play close to 100% of our defensive snaps when healthy; Sutton rarely rotates his top 3 pass rushers, he leaves them out there to get gassed and become ineffective. Extra pass rushers would be wasted on Sutton, you would be better off with getting him some dominant coverage DBs.

Unfortunately for us, Sutton and Dorsey seem to have opposing views on how to build a dominant defense. Sutton needs great coverage guys, Dorsey won't give them to him and just shops in the bargain bin for DBs. Dorsey is willing to stock up on pass rushers, Sutton seems incapable of getting them out on the field to keep everyone fresh.

Also, what will Dorsey do about our other needs? If he makes the cuts that we would hope that he'd make (releasing Avery, Devito, Hali, Sean Smith, Fasano, and Chase Daniel) and he doesn't re-sign Allen Bailey, Ron Parker, or Rodney Hudson, where would that leave us with the draft?

We'll have holes at:

Both 5-tech positions because we'll only have JAGs left (until proven otherwise). Walker is just an interior pass rush specialist so expecting him to step in is just people fooling themselves. Catapano has AIDS.

OLB opposite Houston if Ford continues to suck.

At least 2 CBs behind Cooper, 3 if he decides not to bring Chris Owens back. Owens is just an OK slot guy in the first place.

WRs behind Bowe and Bowe's future replacement (Every good offense has at least 2 players who can dominate at WR or an OL that can destroy defenses up front in both the pass game and ground game, some teams have both, we don't have either one)

ILB because DJ might be done.

FS to really push Abdullah into the #3 safety role. Commings is never going to see the field because he is made of glass.

Competition for Kush at the OC position.

That's going to be a crap ton of turn over in year 3 of the new regime and, realistically speaking, even with the 11 or so picks that we'll have in 2015, we can only expect 3 or 4 at most to be able to contribute in their rookie year.

If we have to tag Houston, Dorsey won't have the cap space to bring in a group of decent FAs who will realistically help make us a competitive team unless he magically gets guys to sign for below their market value, which isn't going to happen because the Chiefs don't have the advantage of being in an income tax-free state like Seattle, the Texas teams, and the Florida teams have.

Man, I gotta stop thinking about what could happen and probably will happen given Dorsey's willingness to let solid players just walk.

Coochie liquor
09-12-2014, 05:27 AM
If the BPA is really Gregory or Beasley, would you be fine if Dorsey passed on him just because we took Ford the year before even if Ford shows very little improvement over the year?

And another factor is, we don't have a DC who will take advantage of a large group of good pass rushers like Seattle does. The highest snap count for a Seattle DL player was something like 65% of the team's defensive snaps, most of them were around 30-40% last year. Houston, Hali, and Poe all play close to 100% of our defensive snaps when healthy; Sutton rarely rotates his top 3 pass rushers, he leaves them out there to get gassed and become ineffective. Extra pass rushers would be wasted on Sutton, you would be better off with getting him some dominant coverage DBs.

Unfortunately for us, Sutton and Dorsey seem to have opposing views on how to build a dominant defense. Sutton needs great coverage guys, Dorsey won't give them to him and just shops in the bargain bin for DBs. Dorsey is willing to stock up on pass rushers, Sutton seems incapable of getting them out on the field to keep everyone fresh.

Also, what will Dorsey do about our other needs? If he makes the cuts that we would hope that he'd make (releasing Avery, Devito, Hali, Sean Smith, Fasano, and Chase Daniel) and he doesn't re-sign Allen Bailey, Ron Parker, or Rodney Hudson, where would that leave us with the draft?

We'll have holes at:

Both 5-tech positions because we'll only have JAGs left (until proven otherwise). Walker is just an interior pass rush specialist so expecting him to step in is just people fooling themselves. Catapano has AIDS.

OLB opposite Houston if Ford continues to suck.

At least 2 CBs behind Cooper, 3 if he decides not to bring Chris Owens back. Owens is just an OK slot guy in the first place.

WRs behind Bowe and Bowe's future replacement (Every good offense has at least 2 players who can dominate at WR or an OL that can destroy defenses up front in both the pass game and ground game, some teams have both, we don't have either one)

ILB because DJ might be done.

FS to really push Abdullah into the #3 safety role. Commings is never going to see the field because he is made of glass.

Competition for Kush at the OC position.

That's going to be a crap ton of turn over in year 3 of the new regime and, realistically speaking, even with the 11 or so picks that we'll have in 2015, we can only expect 3 or 4 at most to be able to contribute in their rookie year.

If we have to tag Houston, Dorsey won't have the cap space to bring in a group of decent FAs who will realistically help make us a competitive team unless he magically gets guys to sign for below their market value, which isn't going to happen because the Chiefs don't have the advantage of being in an income tax-free state like Seattle, the Texas teams, and the Florida teams have.

Man, I gotta stop thinking about what could happen and probably will happen given Dorsey's willingness to let solid players just walk.

Bro, I think you're overthinking it all, and way too prematurely! Let's get through the season first! Still 16 weeks of football before the playoffs!

Direckshun
09-12-2014, 05:38 AM

Beasley's looking more and more like a 4-3 LB to me, but if you're saying that:

(a.) We released Hali,
(b.) Dee Ford showed very little improvement over the course of his rookie season, and
(c.) Gregory is on the board, then yeah, I pull the trigger on Gregory.

Edit: Unless an elite WR or CB is on the board.

Rausch
09-12-2014, 07:13 AM
He's NOT going to ****ing play Houston's position.

This.

It amazes me sometimes how much Chiefs fans want to move people out of their projected/natural positions to fix a need somewhere else...

MahiMike
09-12-2014, 07:23 AM
He is our new Larry Johnson.

FloridaMan88
09-12-2014, 07:14 PM

Chiefs have dumpster fires at WR and offensive line, after doing nothing in free agency, yet draft a linebacker with their first round draft pick that only played 3 snaps in their opening game.

Yes, that is what you call a wasted pick.

Easy 6
09-12-2014, 08:04 PM
Generally when a team's entire draft class has zero impact in the first regular season game it is a bad sign (especially when that said team also sat idle in free agency).

But again feel free to try to spin that as an overreaction.

Dont blame Dee yet, he's barely been given a damn chance.

You're like an Inmem who doesnt think the slams through enough... he HAS the raw talent to affect any QB on a pass rush, all thats needed is more chances to show it.

I agree that he's raw and looks awkward standing up, he looks BAD standing up quite honestly... bad instincts, bad base, isnt sure how to attack his blocker and lacks aggression, period.

But if they would just put him in a position to SUCCEED the results could well be different... gamble a bit with him, 1st and 10, 2nd and 8, 3rd and 6 etc... its all on Sutton, the shine has worn of that mfer long time ago.

Bob lacks imagination and aggression, that Andy picked him as his new guru is worrisome... dont TELL me that a better man lets 5 defensive pro bowlers get sliced up the way Bob did last week.

ed* just to be sure and count them ahahah... 5 count FIVE defensive pro bowlers were schooled last week by a ****ING NOBODY.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-12-2014, 08:10 PM
I would be worried that Dee Ford looks like Aaron Maybin.

Chiefaholic
09-12-2014, 08:34 PM
This kind of typical player analysis from the same group of idiots is ludicrous. I'd almost guarantee the same people blasting Ford right now, are the same idiots who blasted Derrick Johnson his first year in the league. I could go further and say it's the same morons who demanded we trade Tamba Hali just because we switched to the 3-4 defense.

Give the guy a freakin break and give him the opportunity to play beyond game 1 of the regular season during his rookie year. Unlike the majority of idiots, I see a lot of potential in this years draft class.

O.city
09-12-2014, 09:39 PM
A big part of a draft pick succeeding or failing has to do with putting said player in a position to utilize his talent as much as possible.

Our coaching staff can't do that so..

FloridaMan88
09-12-2014, 09:44 PM
The bottom line is this…

Rather than aggressively upgrade a playoff team with 8 Pro Bowlers that was a historical collapse and injuries to several key players away from advancing to the Divisional Round of the playoffs, John Dorsey (with apparently Clark's blessing) decided to do nothing in free agency and then bring in a draft class that appears to have minimal potential of making an immediate impact this year.

It is a wasted opportunity.

O.city
09-12-2014, 09:45 PM
The bottom line is this…

Rather than aggressively upgrade a playoff team with 8 Pro Bowlers that was a historical collapse and injuries to several key players away from advancing to the Divisional Round of the playoffs, John Dorsey (with apparently Clark's blessing) decided to do nothing in free agency and then bring in a draft class that appears to have minimal potential of having an immediate impact this year.

It is a wasted opportunity.

I think it's pretty obvious that the front office felt that last season was a pretty big mirage and that said talent wasn't what some fans believed it to be.

Hence the offseason.

cdcox
09-12-2014, 09:53 PM
This kind of typical player analysis from the same group of idiots is ludicrous. I'd almost guarantee the same people blasting Ford right now, are the same idiots who blasted Derrick Johnson his first year in the league. I could go further and say it's the same morons who demanded we trade Tamba Hali just because we switched to the 3-4 defense.

Give the guy a freakin break and give him the opportunity to play beyond game 1 of the regular season during his rookie year. Unlike the majority of idiots, I see a lot of potential in this years draft class.

DJ was a disappointment his first 5 years in the league. I'm glad he came around. Overall, he met expectations for a first round draft pick , but there was a much more impactful player that we passed on. I would not hold up DJ as a shining example to demonstrate that the Chiefs know how to draft.

Mr_Tomahawk
09-12-2014, 09:56 PM
Your father should have wasted kleenex on you.

NWTF
09-12-2014, 10:48 PM
Waste of a pick? No

Just a luxury pick by a team that was is no position to be making luxury picks, thats all.

chiefzilla1501
09-13-2014, 09:17 PM
Waste of a pick? No

Just a luxury pick by a team that was is no position to be making luxury picks, thats all.
I will never understand why people look at our roster and think we were anywhere near close to making a run. If anything the rebuild happened a year too late.