PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Did today's game change your outlook on the rest of the season?

Mr_Tomahawk
09-14-2014, 07:05 PM
Nobody saw this game coming down to the wire as it did... We all were thinking we would lost by 21+ after our performance against TN.

Does today's performance change your views on the remainder of the schedule?

I say no. Still 6-10.

notorious
09-14-2014, 07:06 PM
Not really.

We are going to lose a lot of tough games this year.

TimBone
09-14-2014, 07:06 PM
Nope. There were lots of blown opportunities today. Just because Denver played down to us a bit doesn't mean our outlook is better. Reid has been a huge disappointment the first two weeks, and Smith isn't far behind.

WakkaWakka
09-14-2014, 07:07 PM
Nope.

-King-
I still think we'll have a losing season. But at least they're not going to collapse and make watching games be a chore.

TLO
You're never as good or as bad as you appear.

Mr_Tomahawk
Chane

In58men
With Smith, we'll always be mediocre.

HonestChieffan
09-14-2014, 07:08 PM
Looked better than I ever expected. Denver is not near as good as I thought.

Mr_Tomahawk
09-14-2014, 07:09 PM
Who's better?

Denver or San Diego?

OldSchool
Reid is going to have to be even better at play calling if they hope to reach the Post-Season this year. Our roster just isn't good enough to make it off of talent alone.

Tribal Warfare
DJ, gone for season changed my opinion how this season will play out. KC sucks gutter balls now.

Prison Bitch
Not really. Fat Andy is 2-8 in his last 10. You also failed to note Tenn was blasted at home by Dallas. That also happened today

notorious
09-14-2014, 07:10 PM
Who's better?

Denver or San Diego?

Flip a coin.

They are both good.

OldSchool
Who's better?

Denver or San Diego?

Denver easily. But neither is going to win the Super Bowl so it's kind of a wash.

Deberg_1990
Nah, probably still only win 7 or 8 wins. As long as we play better the back half of the season im cool with it.

At least they dont roll over and die or get trampled like so many of those Herm/Haley/Romeo teams did.

TEX
09-14-2014, 07:11 PM
Nope. Still sticking with 6-10. Im not gonna be fooled this time. The Chiefs will do just enough to sucker you in before they kick you in the balls and laugh at you for giving them the benefit of the doubt. They're 0-2 for a reason.

OldSchool
09-14-2014, 07:11 PM
I can promise you that if they don't bring in a better kicker, we're not going to win very many of the 50-50 games.

Rausch
09-14-2014, 07:12 PM
Nope.

I gained some respect for the players out there playing the game. It's not their fault many of them are in way over their heads.

They fought hard, played hard, came close. Props to the guys I bash as not being able to play for, at least one week, damned near doing the impossible.

On the other hand you can't expect this level of talent to play over their heads for 16 weeks despite horrible coaching and play calling.

Bugeater
Nope. I knew we took a step back personnel-wise and I knew Andy was a fat sack of shit idiot pussy.

Wallcrawler
Nobody had us winning in Denver anyway. Even the best of Chiefs teams over the years got their asses kicked in Denver.

Now, down 6 of our starters that were supposed to be a huge impact, going into Denver against Manning and the game coming down to the last 15 seconds?

That's impressive. Its still a loss, but if we can stay in a game with guys this good, on the road, without most of our star players and early in the season clearly not all phases being on the same page, it does offer a small glimmer of hope that all may not be lost.

Before the game started, I was more than prepared to turn off the game at the half. When China Doll Charles left the game, I was poised to change the channel at a moment's notice. They played pretty damned well under some extremely challenging conditions.

At least there's no quit in these guys. Not yet.

Red Dawg
09-14-2014, 07:13 PM
I will say this much. Davis is far better than expected and Alex really played well with nothing. He looked like a franchise type guy today but in no way should we pass on a top QB when we pick in the top five.

Fisher plAyed better than he has ever played but this team is beat the hell up already and we have zero for WR's. I doubt we win more than 4.

milkman
09-14-2014, 07:13 PM
I said two weeks ago that I am having difficulty finding 2 wins for this team.

Nothing has changed that.

Reerun_KC
09-14-2014, 07:14 PM
Not with the horrific coaching.

Prison Bitch
09-14-2014, 07:15 PM
Nah, probably still only win 7 or 8 wins. As long as we play better the back half of the season im cool with it.

At least they dont roll over and die or get trampled like so many of those Herm/Haley/Romeo teams did.

"Probably" a winning record the rest of the way?

LULZ

Mr_Tomahawk
09-14-2014, 07:15 PM
San Diego > Denver

siberian khatru
09-14-2014, 07:18 PM
No

Tribal Warfare
09-14-2014, 07:20 PM
looking at the schedule maybe 3 wins this year

Eleazar
09-14-2014, 07:22 PM
I am encouraged that losing enough bodies on the line seemed to finally result in a combination that can play at least okay.

I was encouraged by Knile Davis. Charles seems to get dinged in weird, random ways, but Davis might be a guy who can carry the load in the NFL.

Being competitive and getting better as the year goes on is about all we can ask. This roster is not very talented.

BlackOp
09-14-2014, 07:28 PM
Hell yes it did...KC game planned all week with Berry and Charles. This team could have folded HARD. Today's game was really impressive given who and where they were playing..not to mention the shitty calls and the rookie kicker. The line played well..especially Fisher against a HOF Ware. This was without three of KC's four best players. Davis played well too..

I was looking for improvement..had they played like this last week..they would have killed the Titans.

The Chiefs started this season mired in a shitload of chaos...suspensions and injuries. Getting Stephenson and DAT back will help too..

Deberg_1990
09-14-2014, 07:30 PM
"Probably" a winning record the rest of the way?

LULZ

1-5 the first 6.

Finish up the season going 6-4 or 7-3

I hope......

carcosa
09-14-2014, 07:31 PM
No.

There is no healthy talent on this team right now.

OnTheWarpath15
09-14-2014, 07:31 PM
Nope.

Denver played terribly and did everything possible to give us that game, and we still didn't take it.

So unless everyone we face plays like ass, (2014 version of backup QBs?) we're still gonna suck.

chaz
09-14-2014, 07:32 PM
Sort of. I fear that my broncos may not be as good as I thought considering they barely beat that dumpster fire of a team. On the other hand, the Broncos played like absolute dog shit and it was still good enough to beat that pathetic excuse for a football team.

Rausch
09-14-2014, 07:32 PM
San Diego > Denver

At this point I think you're right.

Honestly, I could see SD finishing second in the division but beating Denver in the playoffs.

Mr_Tomahawk
09-14-2014, 07:33 PM
Sort of. I fear that my broncos may not be as good as I thought considering they barely beat that dumpster fire of a team. On the other hand, the Broncos played like absolute dog shit and it was still good enough to beat that pathetic excuse for a football team.

Cheer up.

I think you guys will get a wild card spot.

carcosa
09-14-2014, 07:33 PM

I'd be legit concerned about not being able to blow out this Chiefs team.

Marcellus
09-14-2014, 07:34 PM
I said two weeks ago that I am having difficulty finding 2 wins for this team.

Nothing has changed that.

Want to put some $ on that prediction? Hell I will spot you a win or 2.

Rausch
09-14-2014, 07:34 PM

I see very few positives for KC to leave with and a ton of negatives for Denver.

Denver should have gone for the kill shot. They had chances (after the 10 minute no pts drive) to just suck the wind out and played tight-butthole the whole game...

New World Order
09-14-2014, 07:35 PM
We'll still be 0-5 when the bye comes.

Molitoth
09-14-2014, 07:35 PM
Bob sutton sucks.

Easy 6
09-14-2014, 07:36 PM
No.

Nothing I watched will save this season.

But yes, some of what I viewed was heartening... Fisher looked MUCH better, Knile Davis gave his all, Smith again fought mightily without his #1 guy, Bowe made tough catches in traffic, Kelce was a ****ing stud.

The secondary didnt TOTALLY crap their pants without Berry, that also "seemed nice".

rico
No.

Fuck this era.

3-13.

Marcellus
I feel better than last week but not good. We could go on a run but we have tough stretch for a while.

We could be 2-2 realistically.

GoShox
09-14-2014, 07:37 PM
I feel better than last week but not good. We could go on a run but we have tough stretch for a while.

We could be 2-2 realistically.

If we somehow win in Miami, I could see the team riding the momentum into the MNF showdown against the Patriots and winning.

Certainly not expecting it though.

Bugeater
09-14-2014, 07:38 PM
Why did you disappear from this board after the Super Bowl?

Fucking chickenshit POS.

Chiefnj2
09-14-2014, 07:38 PM
This was a trap game for Denver. They were looking ahead to next week.

Rausch
09-14-2014, 07:39 PM
No.

Nothing I watched will save this season.

But yes, some of what I viewed was heartening... Fisher looked MUCH better, Knile Davis gave his all, Smith again fought mightily without his #1 guy, Bowe made tough catches in traffic, Kelce was a ****ing stud.

The secondary didnt TOTALLY crap their pants without Berry, that also "seemed nice".

I think with a real GM and HC there's a very solid foundation here...

Easy 6
09-14-2014, 07:39 PM

Your Mom barely beat me off, the good news is that the other 12 guys had no problem getting off.

They didnt even have to touch her, just having that many dudes piled around her seemed to trip her trigger, she's a giver and a moaner.

ViperVisor
09-14-2014, 07:42 PM
Defense is bad.

Run blocking is bad.

Can't run block and it is difficult to stay balanced which is needed with this team.

You can see it like on the 1st and 5 play DEN was backing up and ready for a shot play in a likely place for it. All the deep stuff was blanketed. Defenses don't care if they end up in a hat on hat situation vs the run. Blocks will not be made and no open space for a RB to make 1 guy miss and get a 20+ gain.

BlackOp
09-14-2014, 07:44 PM

Ha..you're just pissed that the all-star defense that hosre****er bought looks no better than last season... KC rode them for a 10:00 drive with a back-up o-line and running back.

Enjoy watching your Superbowl aspirations evaporate....clownhumper...this guy.

Seattle is going to pissed off next week..it will be fun to watch.

Cheater5
09-14-2014, 07:44 PM
Pfft. Dungver is only relevant as long as the forehead plays for them. The instant he retires/breaks his f*****g neck the light is extinguished.

ClevelandBronco
09-14-2014, 07:46 PM
Coupled with the SD game, I'm no longer convinced the Broncos end on top of the AFCW.

Pablo
09-14-2014, 07:47 PM
No. I'm afraid I'm gonna get AIDS from watching this team.

chaz
09-14-2014, 07:51 PM
Cheer up.

I think you guys will get a wild card spot.
And you guys should be in line for a top 5 pick, again. Don't get your hopes up for a QB though, after the big extension to Alex.
Why did you disappear from this board after the Super Bowl?

****ing chickenshit POS.

Why would I spend time on this MB with you injury cheering mongoloids in the off season? I realize the Broncos got their ass kicked in the SB, something I'm used to as a Bronco fan BTW, but at least my team can make it to a SB. Your team hasn't won a playoff game in 2 decades. Babies born the last time you won a playoff game will be celebrating a Broncos playoff win legally in a bar come this January. That is awesome. What a stellar display of suckage.

Your Mom barely beat me off, the good news is that the other 12 guys had no problem getting off.

They didnt even have to touch her, just having that many dudes piled around her seemed to trip her trigger, she's a giver and a moaner.
Mom smack? Really? Good one, child.

chaz
09-14-2014, 07:57 PM
Ha..you're just pissed that the all-star defense that hosre****er bought looks no better than last season... KC rode them for a 10:00 drive with a back-up o-line and running back.

Enjoy watching your Superbowl aspirations evaporate....clownhumper...this guy.

Seattle is going to pissed off next week..it will be fun to watch.

Actually I am kind of pissed that Denver is 2-0 and could only muster a 7 point win against an obvious cellar dwelling piece of shit team like the Chiefs. Trust me, that was not a good win for the Broncos, but it was still a win, when do you suppose the Chefs will get their first win?

Bugeater
09-14-2014, 07:58 PM
Why would I spend time on this MB with you injury cheering mongoloids in the off season? I realize the Broncos got their ass kicked in the SB, something I'm used to as a Bronco fan BTW, but at least my team can make it to a SB. Your team hasn't won a playoff game in 2 decades. Babies born the last time you won a playoff game will be celebrating a Broncos playoff win legally in a bar come this January. That is awesome. What a stellar display of suckage.

Gimme a fucking break you useless pile of donkey dung, you spent a shitload of time on here running all kinds of smack in the weeks leading up to the Super Bowl, and then ran off with your tail between your legs after you got your shit pushed in.

Chickenfucking shit motherfucker.

chaz
09-14-2014, 08:00 PM
Gimme a ****ing break you useless pile of donkey dung, you spent a shitload of time on here running all kinds of smack in the weeks leading up to the Super Bowl, and then ran off with your tail between your legs after you got your shit pushed in.

Chicken****ing shit mother****er.

You seem angry.

Mr_Tomahawk
And you guys should be in line for a top 5 pick, again. Don't get your hopes up for a QB though, after the big extension to Alex.

Mom smack? Really? Good one, child.

You're jealous of the "big extension" we gave Alex. LOL.

So homo.

jd1020
Lost a game I expected them to lose... Nope.

chaz
Gimme a ****ing break you useless pile of donkey dung, you spent a shitload of time on here running all kinds of smack in the weeks leading up to the Super Bowl, and then ran off with your tail between your legs after you got your shit pushed in.

Chicken****ing shit mother****er.

You're deflecting

jd1020
09-14-2014, 08:03 PM
Really not sure what I'm suppose to think about this game.

On one hand they put up some what of a fight. On the other hand they had the ball for like 20 fucking minutes in the second half and only scored 7 points.

Think I'll chalk this one up to "any given Sunday."

Bugeater
09-14-2014, 08:05 PM
You're deflecting
For calling you out for what you are? For fuck's sake, Over 150 of your 177 posts were in the month of January, and then after the Super Bowl...crickets.

Chickenfuckingshit motherfucker.

InChiefsHeaven
09-14-2014, 08:07 PM
Actually I am kind of pissed that Denver is 2-0 and could only muster a 7 point win against an obvious cellar dwelling piece of shit team like the Chiefs. Trust me, that was not a good win for the Broncos, but it was still a win, when do you suppose the Chefs will get their first win?

Luckily for you I pos repped you when I meant to neg rep you...much like the Chiefs...I have the right idea but bad execution.

BlackOp
09-14-2014, 08:07 PM

You should be concerned that your team could only muster 3 points in the 2nd half at home...and needed bullshit calls to help you out. Denver is not looking as good as last season...might want to hold off on those Superbowl plans..

InChiefsHeaven
09-14-2014, 08:09 PM
Really not sure what I'm suppose to think about this game.

On one hand they put up some what of a fight. On the other hand they had the ball for like 20 ****ing minutes in the second half and only scored 7 points.

Think I'll chalk this one up to "any given Sunday."

Agreed. There is little comfort in knowing we beat the Donkey in their house and yet still lost the game...but I guess I'll take it. It's all I've got...

O.city
09-14-2014, 08:10 PM
Not really.

Look like a team that could win 6 games, or win 9 games. Basically, they look like an average NFL team.

It's time to start or continue to develop the young players. The old "core" is past and done.

chaz
09-14-2014, 08:13 PM
For calling you out for what you are? For ****'s sake, Over 150 of your 177 posts were in the month of January, and then after the Super Bowl...crickets.

Chicken****ingshit mother****er.

Yes, I'm scared of anonymous idiots on the idiot.

O.city
09-14-2014, 08:16 PM
In my humble opinion, the best thing about today was that they continued to keep the intensity up.

I think that was a huge part of the rebuild that's continuing to happen, after the previous regimes weren't the most in holding accountable.

mcaj22
09-14-2014, 08:17 PM
0-2, moral victories and rebuilding with a 30 year old, 68 million dollar QB at the helm.

Chiefs Way, 2014.

Quesadilla Joe
09-14-2014, 08:24 PM
Eh, the refs took away a pick 6, a sack fumble and a Demaryius Thomas 80 yard touchdown. Game wouldn't have been close otherwise.

O.city
09-14-2014, 08:24 PM
Aka, the rules took said plays away, but carry on.

Bugeater
09-14-2014, 08:26 PM
Yes, you clearly are. And it's also clear who the idiot is here.

chaz
09-14-2014, 08:27 PM
Yes, you clearly are. And it's also clear who the idiot is here.

I agree, it is clear.

TimBone
09-14-2014, 08:28 PM
Gimme a fucking break you useless pile of donkey dung, you spent a shitload of time on here running all kinds of smack in the weeks leading up to the Super Bowl, and then ran off with your tail between your legs after you got your shit pushed in.

Chickenfucking shit motherfucker.

Damn. I wasted a "Bugnasty doing work" in a different thread. More applicable here.

BlackOp
09-14-2014, 08:30 PM
Come back next week and strut around after the Seattle game...that game could potentially put your team in 2nd place.

Rausch
09-14-2014, 08:32 PM
0-2, moral victories and rebuilding with a 30 year old, 68 million dollar QB at the helm.

Chiefs Way, 2014.

Same as it ever was...

OldSchool
Eh, the refs took away a pick 6, a sack fumble and a Demaryius Thomas 80 yard touchdown. Game wouldn't have been close otherwise.

Took away?

You jumped offsides and it was a free play on the INT.

FF wasn't a fumble, it was an incomplete forward pass and, at worst, we would have gotten the recovery anyways.

You're lucky that was the only score that got taken away. Your offense is just a bunch of pick plays, Manning even got mad when Thomas failed to pick off his DB, it was hilarious.

Hammock Parties

Chiefs Way, 2014.

we work hard to suck every game!

Pasta Little Brioni
09-14-2014, 08:33 PM
No, but the donkeys appear as flawed as I thought. If not for a horrible call by the refs that prevented a kc fumble recovery TD Denver was in danger.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-14-2014, 08:35 PM

Your team is charmin soft and it took injuries to many key chief players to win.

BlackOp
09-14-2014, 08:36 PM
Your team is charmin soft and it took injuries to many key chief players to win.

They are going get the shit beat out them next week....again. They cant be looking forward to it...national game too.

Iconic
09-14-2014, 08:38 PM
We lost to the Texans... NOPE.

GoShox
09-14-2014, 08:39 PM
Took away?

You jumped offsides and it was a free play on the INT.

FF wasn't a fumble, it was an incomplete forward pass and, at worst, we would have gotten the recovery anyways.

You're lucky that was the only score that got taken away. Your offense is just a bunch of pick plays, Manning even got mad when Thomas failed to pick off his DB, it was hilarious.

Don't you just hate it when those damn rules get in the way?

Rasputin
09-14-2014, 08:44 PM
No, but the donkeys appear as flawed as I thought. If not for a horrible call by the refs that prevented a kc fumble recovery TD Denver was in danger.

I agree. I came away thinking that Denver is way over rated and they can and will be beat. They will still win the west but playoff choke.

Red Dawg
09-14-2014, 08:48 PM
You should be concerned that your team could only muster 3 points in the 2nd half at home...and needed bullshit calls to help you out. Denver is not looking as good as last season...might want to hold off on those Superbowl plans..

Denver will not win the SB. There is a long list of reasons I have written on this board numerous times.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-14-2014, 08:48 PM
I agree. I came away thinking that Denver is way over rated and they can and will be beat. They will still win the west but playoff choke.

Yup. They hung tough but fuck moral victories when this game was had for the taking.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-14-2014, 08:49 PM
Denver will not win the SB. There is a long list of reasons I have written on this board numerous times.

Charmin soft

Discuss Thrower
09-14-2014, 08:50 PM
The Chiefs never win in Florida, and Tom Brady will carve up a secondary consisting of Marcus Cooper, Sean Smith, Ron Parker and Dan Sorenson.

That's 0-4 and with the injuries on the team and the inevitable ones to come, Kansas City is DOA.

Four wins is the ceiling. Zero is a very likely floor.

chaz
09-14-2014, 08:51 PM
You guys are a hoot. Broncos may not win the SB, but you guys are looking straight dow the barrel of a 5 win season, maybe worse. Have fun with that. 1993 bitches, 1993. Wow!

cdcox
09-14-2014, 08:57 PM
Still looks like a season somewhere between 3-13 and 6-10.

Hammock Parties
09-14-2014, 09:06 PM
Yes. I now know the Chiefs can let me down in new ways. No more assuming they will allow their opponents to cover the spread.

Hoover
09-14-2014, 09:17 PM
I'll admit, I had high hopes for this squad, even though there were major areas on this team we failed to upgrade in the offseason. Seeing how the Chiefs played today confirms those thoughts, but all the injuries just kill our chances.

While that disappoints me, I'm not going to be upset if we draft in the top 15 this year when we should have a ton of picks. Just sucks to be this down on a team after week 2.

Jimmya
09-14-2014, 09:18 PM
It's still considered a rivalry game with the donkeys. We'll know much more next week.

chiefzilla1501
09-14-2014, 09:19 PM
Zero is a very likely floor.

:shake:

BlackOp
09-14-2014, 09:21 PM
Just sucks to be this down on a team after week 2.

KC has to win the next two games...I do think today did a lot for this team. It's a long fucking season... They lost two more players and didn't panic...they were...meh, we saw this last week.

They held Manning, at home, to 3 points in the second half...that's impressive.

Discuss Thrower
:shake:

Everyone on the schedule beside the Raiders and maybe the Rams are better than KC. The Chiefs drew Oakland on a short week following the Seattle game. They're not getting two from the Faid this year.

Easy 6

Honestly though... does your mom still talk about me?

Remember all those times you got sent to bed early?... that was me.

Ming the Merciless
09-14-2014, 09:39 PM
If anyhting todays outlook made me realize that I would be ok with losing every game if we could just beat the raiders and donks

Pasta Little Brioni
09-14-2014, 09:58 PM
Everyone on the schedule beside the Raiders and maybe the Rams are better than KC. The Chiefs drew Oakland on a short week following the Seattle game. They're not getting two from the Faid this year.

Would u shut the fuck up already ROFL

GoChargers
09-14-2014, 10:05 PM

In other words, "if football didn't have any rules, we'd have blown you out!"

Psyko Tek
09-14-2014, 11:28 PM
Who's better?

Denver or San Diego?

interesting question, san diego is better until rivers fucks up

so which "l33t" qb chokes first?

johnny961
09-14-2014, 11:41 PM
I'll admit, I had high hopes for this squad, even though there were major areas on this team we failed to upgrade in the offseason. Seeing how the Chiefs played today confirms those thoughts, but all the injuries just kill our chances.

While that disappoints me, I'm not going to be upset if we draft in the top 15 this year when we should have a ton of picks. Just sucks to be this down on a team after week 2.

Too early to call the Dorsey/Reid regime a failure or a success. This year is gonna be a rough ride though.

FringeNC
09-15-2014, 05:14 AM
Tough, tough loss, but entertaining game. Refs didn't help. I was on an airplane during game 1, so can't compare.

Offensive line looked okay, and should get better as the season progresses. Alex Smith looked liked the QB Andy Reid wanted for his system. O-line needs to continue to improve because WRs don't get separation. Lacking big plays, our offense this year will be all about Alex Smith perfectly executing on third downs and keeping the chains moving.

Earthling
09-15-2014, 06:59 AM
This game certainly did make me feel better about the rest of the season. We came within a gnats ass of winning in Denver. It was a fun game to watch. Really would have been more enjoyable with a win of course but who here didn't think Denver would blow us out of the water? I was pleasantly surprised.

Sandy Vagina
09-15-2014, 07:02 AM
Yes. I now know the Chiefs can let me down in new ways. No more assuming they will allow their opponents to cover the spread.

Multiple Personality Disorder

Or you just can't keep your CP shtick consistent.

One day, it's "I love this.. I hope they lose every game, **** the Chiefs! Mile High Salute!"

Next day, it's "Chiefs let me down.."

Get your shit together, dude. These kinds of inconsistencies are shameful.

bigjosh
09-15-2014, 07:14 AM

One day, it's "I love this.. I hope they lose every game, **** the Chiefs! Mile High Salute!"

He's saying they let him down by covering the spread. Pretty consistent if you ask me.

Dayze
09-15-2014, 07:14 AM
Nope

bigjosh
09-15-2014, 07:15 AM
Too early for "there's always next year"?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-15-2014, 11:18 AM
It sure did. Denver ain't going to the Super Bowl.

Oh, the Chiefs?

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT( space to gather more fart-power )
And...

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT...pfft....pfft-pfft...pfffvt.

jd1020
09-15-2014, 11:21 AM

They don't breed them intelligent in California.

WilliamTheIrish
09-15-2014, 11:28 AM
Still 4-12.

Maybe 5-11 with improvement enough we knock off some team at home around thanksgiving.

rtmike
09-15-2014, 12:13 PM
I recorded the game cause I thought it might be a blow out myself. I started watching it & ended up watching the whole game.

I think this regime will have the players' in it more so than the past where it seemed like a high school team would have played them tough.

Also if Alex keeps taking off running like he did yesterday, he won't make it to half season imo. What's he suppose to do though? The OL newness isn't giving him time since the WRers' aren't getting separation.

Blow 4 'ota.

thabear04
09-15-2014, 12:18 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxhwGZyIIAAEdYf.jpg:large

WTF was this?

Pasta Little Brioni
09-15-2014, 12:42 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxhwGZyIIAAEdYf.jpg:large

WTF was this?

It's what they call a magic hef

Mr_Tomahawk
09-21-2014, 06:18 PM
up

Sandy Vagina
09-21-2014, 06:20 PM

wouldn't know... never been.

ping2000
09-21-2014, 06:40 PM
It changed my outlook to see a kicker fucking the sideline in Seattle.

Mav
09-21-2014, 06:46 PM
Shrugs. Need to see them beat a decent team. Also, do we have a db who is not afraid to make an int?

Jimmya
09-21-2014, 06:56 PM
I still feel we need help at the db position and we need to not put the ball in Alex Smith's hands to have to win the game. But it made my week to see them win.

WakkaWakka
09-21-2014, 07:02 PM
Nope. Had Miami as their first win of the season. My original 6-10 prediction is still on track.

Mav
09-21-2014, 07:20 PM
Nope. Had Miami as their first win of the season. My original 6-10 prediction is still on track.
Sure you saw gb having the same record as kc after 3 weeks

Baby Lee
09-21-2014, 07:26 PM
We have more injuries, or more high profile injuries at least, than I anticipated, and I didn't expect us to be so flat against the Titans to open. Otherwise, not far off from what I expected, with the emergence of new faces playing well, almost better this early in the season.

It is so ironic that we have such problems with depth, then perform so well with backups when we know that's the situation ahead of time.

Hammock Parties
09-21-2014, 07:28 PM
I'm sure the Patriots will right our ship.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-21-2014, 07:35 PM
I'm sure the Patriots will right our ship.

LMAO

WakkaWakka
09-21-2014, 07:38 PM
Sure you saw gb having the same record as kc after 3 weeks

GB is damn lucky not to be 0-3 right now. They were one TD called back by a mistimed timeout away from it. They'll be lucky to win their division if they keep this shit up.

Ming the Merciless
09-21-2014, 07:47 PM
I disagree with the premise. After the broncos game and the dolphins suffering the injury bug this is a game we should've won.

So no, THIS game doesn't mean a change in view.

If we start winning games we shouldn't have won, that will change viewpoints.

If your view for what this season is has changed because if THIS game ... You're not sober.

RunKC
09-21-2014, 07:50 PM
This team almost beat Denver in Denver and totally trashed Miami on the road.

If they win next week, which is completely possible with our pass rush and home field advantage, we can get back to .500

Mr_Tomahawk
09-21-2014, 07:53 PM

If they win next week, which is completely possible with our pass rush and home field advantage, we can get back to .500

If we win next week, we WILL be .500

Hammock Parties
09-21-2014, 07:56 PM

Well, they ARE the Chiefs.

You're allowed hope.

And then they are permitted to crush it.

Lzen
09-21-2014, 07:57 PM
I disagree with the premise. After the broncos game and the dolphins suffering the injury bug this is a game we should've won.

So no, THIS game doesn't mean a change in view.

If we start winning games we shouldn't have won, that will change viewpoints.

If your view for what this season is has changed because if THIS game ... You're not sober.

Pffftt.... dolphins injury bug? They ain't got shit on us when it comes to injuries.

The_Hound
09-21-2014, 08:08 PM
considering all the injuries, seems like we are getting better week to week. Didn't think we'd win this one but had it as a possibility. Really thought Tanney was a better qb, he's not. I like the fact that Andy has committed to the run. Overall, my view hasn't really changed. Figured we might be around 5 wins.

FloridaMan88
09-21-2014, 08:32 PM
Dolphins are not a good team.

If the Chiefs beat New England, the 49ers or Seattle the next few weeks then things will get interesting.

Also the blowout loss to Tennessee at Arrowhead looks worse and worse by the passing week.

cdcox
09-21-2014, 09:04 PM
considering all the injuries, seems like we are getting better week to week. Didn't think we'd win this one but had it as a possibility. Really thought Tanney was a better qb, he's not. I like the fact that Andy has committed to the run. Overall, my view hasn't really changed. Figured we might be around 5 wins.

I wouldn't get used to it. Charles can contribute in meaningful ways in both the passing and running game. Today's game plan called for Davis handling the running duties (only one target) and McKnight contributing to the passing game (only one carry). Choosing between Davis and McKnight, clearly Davis had the better track record, so they focused on running for this game. Once Charles is back, Andy will go back to a pass heavy diet.

cdcox
09-21-2014, 09:07 PM
Dolphins are not a good team.

If the Chiefs beat New England, the 49ers or Seattle the next few weeks then things will get interesting.

Also the blowout loss to Tennessee at Arrowhead looks worse and worse by the passing week.

I think they have a shot against NE -- they aren't the team they were. But even with a victory against NE they are looking at 2 - 4 with several tough games left on the schedule.

Hammock Parties
09-21-2014, 09:18 PM
I think they have a shot against NE -- they aren't the team they were. But even with a victory against NE they are looking at 2 - 4 with several tough games left on the schedule.

Gotta say I don't like Alex Smith against a Bill Belichick coached defense.

That D was #1 in net yards gained per pass attempt going into today.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-21-2014, 09:22 PM
Nope. Still an 8 to 9 win team. Definitely not a shitty team like the crybabies claim, but eh they are a pesky team.

The_Hound
09-21-2014, 09:24 PM
Gotta say I don't like Alex Smith against a Bill Belichick coached defense.

That D was #1 in net yards gained per pass attempt going into today.

if the team can tackle, then we'll be hurt. Lot of our offense today was gained off missed tackling. Alex can't sit back in the pocket long enough to make any decent throws anyhoo (as if he could throw anything past 20 yards anyway).

I think if we can push em up front and run the ball, get into the secondary and hopefully they are as piss poor at tackling as the fins. what I worry about is the quick scores and us having to rely on alex to play catchup.

so far we've been able to dictate tempo the last 2 games. Hopefully reid draws up something good and we don't get our signals stolen.

Ming the Merciless
09-21-2014, 09:24 PM

I will flat out bet you that I am more intelligent and more successful than anyone in your family....

Ming the Merciless
09-21-2014, 09:26 PM
Shrugs. Need to see them beat a decent team. Also, do we have a db who is not afraid to make an int?

hey what do you know

I agree with this

My view will change when we don't beat a doppelganger of ourselves

Fritz88
09-21-2014, 09:29 PM
I have never attended a Chiefs game in person and they won.

I am attending next week's game.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ming the Merciless
09-21-2014, 09:30 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

You are our good luck charm

You will not fail us!!!

FUCKING MAKE SOME NOISE BRO!!!!!

Wildcat2005
09-21-2014, 09:30 PM
New England does not look like anything special

Their Oline can't block anyone and Brady is really struggling with anything beyond like 15 yards

Their defense is also pretty meh

This is a winnable game for the Chiefs for sure

jd1020
09-21-2014, 09:32 PM
I will flat out bet you that I am more intelligent and more successful than anyone in your family....

LMAO

Go ahead and prove it, Mr. Einstein.

The_Hound
09-21-2014, 09:32 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

i bet you were at last years playoff game, curse you!

Hammock Parties
09-21-2014, 09:33 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8ME50uXaLZo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

beach tribe
09-21-2014, 09:37 PM
The Chiefs never win in Florida, and Tom Brady will carve up a secondary consisting of Marcus Cooper, Sean Smith, Ron Parker and Dan Sorenson.

That's 0-4 and with the injuries on the team and the inevitable ones to come, Kansas City is DOA.

Four wins is the ceiling. Zero is a very likely floor.

Oops.

Ming the Merciless
09-21-2014, 09:42 PM
LMAO

Go ahead and prove it, Mr. Einstein.

Ok,

you claim everyone is california is dumb

there are literally millions of people in california who are smarter than you

therefore you are a ****ing idiot by BOTH your logic and mine

case closed

bye now

jd1020
09-21-2014, 09:46 PM
Ok,

you claim everyone is california is dumb

Actually, I said they don't breed them intelligent in California. Not everyone in California was born there.

Show's just how intelligent you are.

ROFL

Ming the Merciless
09-21-2014, 09:48 PM
Actually, I said they don't breed them intelligent in California. Not everyone in California was born there.

Show's just how intelligent you are.

ROFL

Oh SORRY

All people "born" in california are dumb

its just the IMMIGRANTS who are smart, according to you...

LOL

You still lose

Except now you prove you are even more of an imbecile than at first glance

jd1020
09-21-2014, 09:48 PM
Oh SORRY

All people "born" in california are dumb

its just the IMMIGRANTS who are smart, according to you...

LOL

You still lose

Except now you are even more of an imbecile

So everyone in California that wasn't born there is an immigrant?

ROFL

So intelligent.

Ming the Merciless
09-21-2014, 09:52 PM
So everyone in California that wasn't born there is an immigrant?

ROFL

So intelligent.

An immigrant to california , yes...

What would you call them?

Immigrant:

A plant or animal that establishes itself in an area where it previously did not exist.

What term should I have used?

Transplant? Non Native Californian?

Some dude who wasn't born in california but moved there?

jd1020
09-21-2014, 09:53 PM
What would you call them?

Immigrant:

A plant or animal that establishes itself in an area where it previously did not exist.

I sure wouldn't call them plants or animals.

fishnut
We needed this win especially looking at the upcoming games (Patriots, 49ers, Chargers, and Rams) but I'm still concerned we will have a top three or four draft pick next spring.

Fritz88
You are our good luck charm

You will not fail us!!!

FUCKING MAKE SOME NOISE BRO!!!!!

I think it is winnable.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fritz88
09-21-2014, 09:54 PM
i bet you were at last years playoff game, curse you!

I was.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ming the Merciless
09-21-2014, 09:55 PM
I sure wouldn't call them plants or animals.

You wouldnt call a human being a member of the animal kingdom?

Case closed. That was a lot easier and less time consuming than you thought it would be, amirite?

bye now.

The_Hound
09-21-2014, 09:56 PM
We needed this win especially looking at the upcoming games (Patriots, 49ers, Chargers, and Rams) but I'm still concerned we will have a top three or four draft pick next spring.

i said my 3 hail marriotas and 1 glory be before bed tonight.

jd1020
09-21-2014, 10:03 PM
You wouldnt call a human being a member of the animal kingdom?

Case closed. That was a lot easier and less time consuming than you thought it would be, amirite?

bye now.

ROFL

First of all, there is no such kingdom as the "animal kingdom."

Second of all, try looking up a definition of the word "animal." I'm betting you'll often bump into the word "non-human" or something to that effect.

Ming the Merciless
09-21-2014, 10:41 PM
ROFL

Second of all, try looking up a definition of the word "animal." I'm betting you'll often bump into the word "non-human" or something to that effect.

holy shit you really are this dumb.....

1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_%28biology%29

2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal

Animals are multicellular (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multicellular), eukaryotic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eukaryotic) organisms (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organism) of the kingdom (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_%28biology%29) Animalia 3) http://lmgtfy.com/?q=are+humans+animals

https://hulllessons.wikispaces.com/file/view/F01080s%5B1%5D.jpg/231966804/F01080s%5B1%5D.jpg

TL;DR

Even a ****ing retard knows humans are a type of animal. Therefore you aren't even smart enough to be considered retarded.

Good luck in life, and I hope this was enough evidence to show you that you were wrong...and that you probably go around being wrong about a lot of shit in your life yet don't even realize it.

Bye.

*Maybe next time you go around calling an entire group of millions of people dumb, you will stop to consider that most of them...probably upwards of 99% of them are smarter than you. Thanks.

Hootie
09-21-2014, 10:43 PM
Belichick really bought into his own hype

jd1020
09-21-2014, 10:47 PM
holy shit you really are this dumb.....

1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_%28biology%29

2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal

3) http://lmgtfy.com/?q=are+humans+animals

https://hulllessons.wikispaces.com/file/view/F01080s%5B1%5D.jpg/231966804/F01080s%5B1%5D.jpg

TL;DR

Even a ****ing retard knows humans are a type of animal. Therefore you aren't even smart enough to be considered retarded.

Good luck in life, and I hope this was enough evidence to show you that you were wrong...and that you probably go around being wrong about a lot of shit in your life yet don't even realize it.

Bye.

Sweet links and quotes, bro.

Here's a quote from one of your wikipedia links...

The word "animal" comes from the Latin word animalis, meaning "having breath".[1] In everyday non-scientific usage the word excludes humans – that is, "animal" is often used to refer only to non-human members of the kingdom Animalia; often, only closer relatives of humans such as mammals, or mammals and other vertebrates, are meant.[2] The biological definition of the word refers to all members of the kingdom Animalia, encompassing creatures as diverse as sponges, jellyfish, insects, and humans.

And that's "Animalia" not "animal."

Ming the Merciless
09-21-2014, 10:49 PM
The biological definition of the word refers to all members of the kingdom Animalia, encompassing creatures as diverse as sponges, jellyfish, insects, and humans. We were talking about "there is no animal kingdom"

Yah?

(Animalia just means animals in latin in case that was too hard for you)

Ming the Merciless
09-21-2014, 10:53 PM
ROFL

1)Animalia

the realm of animals; the animal kingdom.

2)

A human is part of the "animal kingdom" which according to you does not exist & I showed you that

Ming the Merciless
09-21-2014, 11:06 PM
Anyway I will quit playing around and just go straight for the kill shot:

http://ocp.hul.harvard.edu/immigration/goldrush.html

Its only a harvard document, so I'm sure its "dumb" in your eyes

The great California gold rush began on January 24, 1848, when James W. Marshall discovered a gold nugget in the American River while constructing a sawmill for John Sutter, a Sacramento agriculturalist. News of Marshall’s discovery brought thousands of immigrants to California from elsewhere in the United States and from other countries. &

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration

Immigration is the movement of people into another country or region (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_migration) to which they are not native in order to settle there,<sup id="cite_ref-1" class="reference">[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration#cite_note-1)</sup> especially as permanent residents ......<sup id="cite_ref-2" class="reference">[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration#cite_note-2)</sup> Bye.

jd1020
09-21-2014, 11:11 PM
Anyway I will quit playing around and just go straight for the kill shot:

http://ocp.hul.harvard.edu/immigration/goldrush.html

Its only a harvard document, so I'm sure its "dumb" in your eyes

Bye.

LMAO

You didn't read that very carefully did you?

What you quoted came from this paragraph...

The great California gold rush began on January 24, 1848, when James W. Marshall discovered a gold nugget in the American River while constructing a sawmill for John Sutter, a Sacramento agriculturalist. News of Marshall’s discovery brought thousands of immigrants to California from elsewhere in the United States and from other countries.

Now, let me quote something else from that link...

California's overall population growth was so swift that it was incorporated into the Union as the 31st state in 1850

Hammock Parties
09-21-2014, 11:12 PM
what the fuck is this california shit

only on fucking chiefsplanet

well let me tell you something...I DIDN'T GO OUTSIDE TODAY

Ming the Merciless
09-21-2014, 11:13 PM
SO you can use the term both ways...

You can immigrate from one country to another...OR from one state to another or even one region to another.... (part of migration)

It isnt what you said...Its not ALWAYS moving from one country to the other, is it?

Just read what you posted.

Ming the Merciless
09-21-2014, 11:13 PM
what the **** is this california shit

only on ****ing chiefsplanet

well let me tell you something...I DIDN'T GO OUTSIDE TODAY

My cat died today 8-(

I went outside and had to bury it

Hammock Parties
09-21-2014, 11:17 PM
I am sorry about your cat.

Ming the Merciless
09-21-2014, 11:18 PM
I am sorry about your cat.

Yah.

Thundarr was a good cat...Life cut short....

Discuss Thrower
09-21-2014, 11:18 PM
Oops.

Credit to KC for actually winning in that batshit crazy state.

But until they beat a good team they're still a six win team at best.

Ming the Merciless
09-21-2014, 11:21 PM
Credit to KC for actually winning in that batshit crazy state.

But until they beat a good team they're still a six win team at best.

if they win next week

TO THE SHIP!!!!!!

WhiteWhale
09-21-2014, 11:23 PM
Nah, not really. I didn't get wrapped up into the over dramatic whiny girls on this forum who cried, barely louder than the gushing lactation of their breasts, that KC is the worst team in the league.

No they're not... but they're still not very good. This team isn't picking top 5 and PROBABLY not top 10. KC could have easily dominated Tennessee with a similar gameplan as today, but who knows how many defeats Andy will snatch from the jaws of victory as the season goes on?

This is still a team that I see only winning between 5-7 games.

Also, this offensive line sucks, but it's still better without Jeff Allen.

-King-
09-21-2014, 11:23 PM
Sweet links and quotes, bro.

Here's a quote from one of your wikipedia links...

And that's "Animalia" not "animal."

Oh wow LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Ming the Merciless
09-21-2014, 11:28 PM
Oh wow LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

There is no animal kingdom

Humans aren't a type of animal

anyone born in california is dumb

&

people who CHOOSE to move to california (immigrants / migrants / dudes who came here from over there) are smarter than people randomly born there

I think that is pretty much a summary of the goings on...

Not that I am a huge fan of California politics wise, but yah...

Ming the Merciless
09-22-2014, 12:05 AM
Nah, not really. I didn't get wrapped up into the over dramatic whiny girls on this forum who cried, barely louder than the gushing lactation of their breasts, that KC is the worst team in the league.

No they're not... but they're still not very good. This team isn't picking top 5 and PROBABLY not top 10. KC could have easily dominated Tennessee with a similar gameplan as today, but who knows how many defeats Andy will snatch from the jaws of victory as the season goes on?

This is still a team that I see only winning between 5-7 games.

Also, this offensive line sucks, but it's still better without Jeff Allen.

I agree pretty much...

The funny thing, and maybe the only "change" so to speak (from the beginning of the season) is that the pats do seem like a team we COULD beat now......

they seem mortal

and we have proven we can run the ball and play a little D

SO the total wins might be the same but there's always those teams that beat you that were supposed to be wins (TENN) and the ones you win you probably shouldn't......(hopefully the PATS)

The dolphins were just a game we shouldve won, and did....

TL;DR

No, Not really..I agree!

Easy 6
09-22-2014, 04:23 AM
Beat the pats and I'll feel much better going forward.

Its doable, and so is beating Frisco... if Drew Stanton and the Cards can do it, so can the Chiefs.

Eleazar
09-22-2014, 04:45 AM
We weren't as bad as everyone here said. Reasonably healthy this is probably an 8 or 9 win team.

Sandy Vagina
09-22-2014, 06:39 AM
Conflicted. I sure want to believe this team has a shred of a playoff chance. Then, I look at the OL and WRs.. the injuries on defense to DJ, Berry, Devito.. man, I just don't know. JMJ and Mauga overpursue and blow huge run lanes at times. That needs serious work.

The OL could improve... that may be the one team aspect that I wouldn't have believed could be good enough... but it actually may improve. I still don't want to see McGlynn at LG.. or Harris at RT. At least Stephenson will return soon, and might be an upgrade there.

We're talking small sample sizes.. but I have been disgusted at Bowe's efforts. Never been an Avery fan.. I just don't see a WR that defenses have to give a shit about.

Get well soon, DAT and Berry. We need you back. Keep giving McKnight some opportunities, after a game like that.

Schedule-wise, the next 2 teams don't scare. If KC can improve in the weakest areas, and keep an even record, then things will get very interesting in late November.

Nothing wrong with holding onto a little hope... if you know you are strong enough to take the potential punch of disappointment.

Mav
09-22-2014, 05:11 PM
if they win next week

TO THE SHIP!!!!!!
Cruise ship?

Ming the Merciless
09-22-2014, 05:14 PM
Cruise ship?

if you put on a stubing hat and ALex Smith captains us to 3 passing TD's I will cruise around with you on the open seas matey

http://atlantisevents.com/email/img/10.0812LessThisFall/Email-image-INLINE-08122010-Lead.jpg

JCharles1981
09-22-2014, 09:50 PM
I take it one season at a time. However well the Chiefs are doing by week 6 is the way I predict the rest of the season's going to pan out.

Rausch
09-23-2014, 03:46 AM
Conflicted. I sure want to believe this team has a shred of a playoff chance. Then, I look at the OL and WRs.. the injuries on defense to DJ, Berry, Devito.. man, I just don't know. JMJ and Mauga overpursue and blow huge run lanes at times. That needs serious work.

The OL could improve... that may be the one team aspect that I wouldn't have believed could be good enough... but it actually may improve. I still don't want to see McGlynn at LG.. or Harris at RT. At least Stephenson will return soon, and might be an upgrade there.

Stephenson will be a HUGE upgrade there...

Sandy Vagina
09-23-2014, 06:22 AM
Stephenson will be a HUGE upgrade there...

One can hope.. has to be better than Harris.. one lousy preseason game notwithstanding. I hope DS has been staying sharp and conditioned.

JCharles1981
09-24-2014, 12:39 AM
"Does today's performance change your views on the remainder of the schedule?"

Yeah. It means that they're capable of doing better than 2-14 despite being without two of their key defenders. The next three weeks will determine whether or not they're deserving of the playoffs this year.

BlackOp
09-24-2014, 02:10 AM
It's a long season...the Chiefs first game was ****ing terrible..and it shell shocked the fans. They have looked pretty good since...and this is the 2nd year of AR...and Kelce. I'm not seeing a definitive AFC powerhouse this year..

BTW Kelce is the next superstar Chief... havent said that since JC went off in Denver.

KC has looked as good as the Patriots or the 49ers.

SD just lost Woodhead for the year..like I said,,its a long season.

Right now..I say Luck and the colts are the best AFC team.

Easy 6
09-24-2014, 05:16 AM
Agree with everything there except the Colts, BlackOp... thats a different defense without Mathis.

OldSchool
09-24-2014, 05:25 AM
Agree with everything there except the Colts, BlackOp... thats a different defense without Mathis.

And the fact that they are 1-2, just like us.

Mr_Tomahawk
09-24-2014, 06:11 PM
I duno where to put this....

@ChiefsReporter: #Chiefs defense is tied with the #Seahawks for fewest 20+ yard pass completions given up with five.

DeathByArrows
09-24-2014, 06:38 PM
I duno where to put this....

@ChiefsReporter: #Chiefs defense is tied with the #Seahawks for fewest 20+ yard pass completions given up with five.

I think that says more about Seattle's defense than ours. Rodgers/Rivers/Peyton vs Locker/Peyton/Tannehill. Hasn't really been a murders row of QB's to start the season for us(aside from the donks.)

It's still good company to be in though.