PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs No Sunshine Blown Up Your Ass

vailpass
09-14-2014, 10:50 PM
But respect to the KC D. As I mentioned another thread, they played well enough to win today.

Direckshun
09-14-2014, 10:51 PM
Does Manning concern you any, VP?

He's looked completely useless in the 2nd half the first two weeks of the year.

Discuss Thrower
09-14-2014, 10:51 PM
Go take Garcia Bronc to the woodshead for being a douche and trying to reverse mojo a win today.

vailpass
09-14-2014, 10:54 PM
Does Manning concern you any, VP?

He's looked completely useless in the 2nd half the first two weeks of the year.
I'm inclined to credit the opposing defenses for some of that but yes, your point reflects my thoughts. Last year PFM owned the second half. He adjusted and couldn't be stopped. I'm taking a wait and see on this year.

vailpass
09-14-2014, 10:56 PM
Go take Garcia Bronc to the woodshead for being a douche and trying to reverse mojo a win today.

I consider GB a home boy on this site. Not taking him anywhere but the win shed... You've been around long enough to know his shtick.

Katipan
09-14-2014, 10:58 PM
I consider GB a home boy on this site. Not taking him anywhere but the win shed... You've been around long enough to know his shtick.

What happens in the win shed?
I'm a Chiefs fan, you know.

johnny961
09-14-2014, 11:01 PM
But respect to the KC D. As I mentioned another thread, they played well enough to win today.

They played ok but time of posession for us helped our defense a good deal.

vailpass
09-14-2014, 11:01 PM

Heh. In another life I might have shown you. Or vice versa...

Simply Red
09-14-2014, 11:04 PM
There was no wood shedding that game.

Discuss Thrower
09-14-2014, 11:10 PM

You duly and truly have earned the moniker of "Failpass" on this community. May a one true God or pantheon of gods have mercy on your tarnished and wayward soul.

vailpass
09-14-2014, 11:13 PM
You duly and truly have earned the moniker of "Failpass" on this community. May a one true God or pantheon of gods have mercy on your tarnished and wayward soul.

:) love you too. And I'm down with that mercy on my tarnished soul thing, I really am...

Discuss Thrower
09-14-2014, 11:14 PM
:) love you too. And I'm down with that mercy on my tarnished soul thing, I really am...

These things I hold dear:

There is no such thing as love, honor or a KC 1st round QB.

vailpass
09-14-2014, 11:20 PM
This is my rifle, this is my gun...

Discuss Thrower
09-14-2014, 11:22 PM
This is my rifle, this is my gun...

This one's for fighting and this one is for pleasuring myself in the head when the Drill Instructor isn't looking.

vailpass
09-14-2014, 11:28 PM
This one's for fighting and this one is for pleasuring myself in the head when the Drill Instructor isn't looking.

LMAO world of shit...

OldSchool
09-14-2014, 11:48 PM
I thought it had more to do with the offense just keeping Manning off of the field and limiting his opportunities than anything else.

listopencil
09-15-2014, 12:48 AM
I thought it had more to do with the offense just keeping Manning off of the field and limiting his opportunities than anything else.

The KC O was making plays, and the DEN D was fucking up when they didn't.

vailpass
09-15-2014, 09:20 AM
The KC O was making plays, and the DEN D was ****ing up when they didn't.

Yep. They said all the right things during the week about focusing on KC but it looked to me like they were going through the motions with Seattle on their mind...

Simply Red
09-15-2014, 09:24 AM

We hammered that Van Walker guy. I kept saying "ALL DAY" real loud, aloud.

vailpass
09-15-2014, 09:26 AM
We hammered that Van Walker guy. I kept saying "ALL DAY" real loud, aloud.

LMAO

Mile High Mania
09-15-2014, 09:45 AM

Denver's defense hurt themselves by either not stopping key plays on 3rd or making stupid penalties. The roughing the passer on 3rd and 13 (I think)... really dumb.

Two penalities on 3rd down kept the 19 play 10 minute drive alive in the 3rd. Denver had a PICK 6 nullified by penalty. I think KC benefited on the non-fumble fumble reversal... he wasn't making a throwing motion, that's what the arm does when hit from behind. But, so be it.

KC stayed in by rallying and making key plays - Denver's defense also self destructed a number of times. They've played 2 crappy second halves of football through 2 weeks.

Despite the injuries, KC stayed in it... gotta give 'em that.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-15-2014, 09:46 AM

Too much sunshine.

lcarus
09-15-2014, 09:50 AM
Denver's defense hurt themselves by either not stopping key plays on 3rd or making stupid penalties. The roughing the passer on 3rd and 13 (I think)... really dumb.

Two penalities on 3rd down kept the 19 play 10 minute drive alive in the 3rd. Denver had a PICK 6 nullified by penalty. I think KC benefited on the non-fumble fumble reversal... he wasn't making a throwing motion, that's what the arm does when hit from behind. But, so be it.

KC stayed in by rallying and making key plays - Denver's defense also self destructed a number of times. They've played 2 crappy second halves of football through 2 weeks.

Despite the injuries, KC stayed in it... gotta give 'em that.

That roughing penalty was pretty weak in my opinion. But yeah, Denver absolutely killed themselves with penalties.

Buehler445
09-15-2014, 09:51 AM
Yeah, the good news is we got some stops, not sure how, but it happened.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-15-2014, 09:54 AM

Better respect our KC D... ;)

alpha_omega
09-15-2014, 09:55 AM
I'm with Direck...you might want to be a little concerned VP....a good team would have beaten you.

Mile High Mania
09-15-2014, 09:56 AM
Yeah, the good news is we got some stops, not sure how, but it happened.

3 right?

Chiefs Pantalones
09-15-2014, 09:58 AM
I never really thought we were in the game, even on that last drive I thought Denver's defense would've came up with the key stop and they did. It was just one of those games where even though it was close I never thought we were going to win. Good win, vailpass, MHM and other Bronco fans.

Garcia Bronco
09-15-2014, 10:02 AM
:)

vailpass
09-15-2014, 10:07 AM
Too much sunshine.

I'd feel the same way...

vailpass
09-15-2014, 10:10 AM
I'm with Direck...you might want to be a little concerned VP....a good team would have beaten you.

I don't get concerned when the O notches 3 td's in the first half. No incense intended but I'll gauge my team by how they do next game.

Katipan
09-15-2014, 10:10 AM
Heh. In another life I might have shown you. Or vice versa...

Must be where I got this scar of a cloven hoof.

vailpass
09-15-2014, 10:11 AM
Better respect our KC D... ;)

Props owed where props due...

vailpass
09-15-2014, 10:14 AM
Must be where I got this scar of a cloven hoof.

Your wit is superseded only by your insight...

Mile High Mania
09-15-2014, 11:30 AM
I don't get concerned when the O notches 3 td's in the first half. No incense intended but I'll gauge my team by how they do next game.

My only concern right now is that Denver has done nothing in the 2nd half of either game so far, scoring 7 vs IND and 3 vs KCC.

Denver had 7 drives in the 2H vs IND and only 3 with more than 5 plays.
Denver had 3 drives (2 really) vs KC and didn't do much.

Huge starts, but they falter in the 2H. The defense is a lot of bend and little break, that can't last and will need to change quickly if they want to be in this thing at the end @ SEA.

One drive in the 2H vs IND over 3 minutes...

They've definitely missed Welker, but it's hard to imagine he means that much to an offense... I get that he's an important piece, especially on 3rd down, but c'mon.

They need to take a look at what SD did with Gates - feed Julius Thomas in this game @ SEA, they can't bring the California heat with them, but there's a bit to learn from in the SD win.

All in all, it's good for them to be 2-0 and look this ugly this early as they head to SEA ... lot of things to work on.

Discuss Thrower
09-15-2014, 11:34 AM
LMAO world of shit...

Is that you John El-way? Is this me?

ptlyon
09-15-2014, 11:39 AM
My only concern right now is that Denver has done nothing in the 2nd half of either game so far, scoring 7 vs IND and 3 vs KCC.

Denver had 7 drives in the 2H vs IND and only 3 with more than 5 plays.
Denver had 3 drives (2 really) vs KC and didn't do much.

Huge starts, but they falter in the 2H. The defense is a lot of bend and little break, that can't last and will need to change quickly if they want to be in this thing at the end @ SEA.

No worries. The refs and the NFL will be there for you.

Anyong Bluth
09-15-2014, 12:10 PM

Rep

listopencil
09-15-2014, 01:37 PM
That roughing penalty was pretty weak in my opinion. But yeah, Denver absolutely killed themselves with penalties.

Like the announcers said, you do have to draw the line somewhere. There was no reason for it. The defender very clearly had time to peel off after the throw was made. He did a stupid little bullshit move to intimidate Smith. The penalty was a good call.

Rausch
09-15-2014, 01:44 PM
I'd feel the same way...

Chiefs had bad coaching, play calling, blocking by the O line, and injuries.

For a team that won't win 6 games they looked competitive. I'd not be a bit happy about that if I was a Denver fan.

On Denver's worst day KC isn't beating them but it's starting to look like the Chargers, Bengals, and Pats might...

Rausch
09-15-2014, 01:44 PM
Like the announcers said, you do have to draw the line somewhere. There was no reason for it. The defender very clearly had time to peel off after the throw was made. He did a stupid little bullshit move to intimidate Smith. The penalty was a good call.

Also thought it was an overall poor performance by the refs...

Jimmya
09-15-2014, 02:27 PM
Some of you are just like you were last year when Smith threw a pic at the goal line that would have won the game. I remember people writing "well at least it was close", "if I were Denver, I would be worried". Well KC got their asses beat in Indy & Denver made the Superbowl!

InChiefsHeaven
09-15-2014, 02:45 PM
Donks seem to play to the level of their competition. When they play better teams, I bet they step it up.

But, the ball control by the Chiefs made a huge difference as well. Chiefs just came ready to play and put all they had out there. The fact that they could have won it just makes me even more dismayed as a Chiefs fan.

Shit, yesterday was the Chiefs Super Bowl.

Buehler445
09-15-2014, 03:05 PM
3 right?

Yes. Punt @ 1Q 4:32, Punt @ 1Q 0:14, Punt @ 4 Q 15:00.

We also held them to a FG @ 4Q 3:30.

Here are the plays longer than 10 yards:

Given the last outing, this was a pretty damn good defensive showing.

htismaqe
09-15-2014, 03:08 PM
Given the last outing, this was a pretty damn good defensive showing.

Absolutely. Against Denver even.

vailpass
09-15-2014, 04:13 PM
Chiefs had bad coaching, play calling, blocking by the O line, and injuries.

For a team that won't win 6 games they looked competitive. I'd not be a bit happy about that if I was a Denver fan.

On Denver's worst day KC isn't beating them but it's starting to look like the Chargers, Bengals, and Pats might...

I see your point but no, not worried. When we lose a game we shouldn't I'll start to worry. That's how it goes when you've gone all in...

Rausch
09-15-2014, 04:29 PM
I see your point but no, not worried. When we lose a game we shouldn't I'll start to worry. That's how it goes when you've gone all in...

For a team that's competing for a SB one bad game isn't a reason to get all doom and gloom.

I did see a few things that need to be cleaned up or they could become a problem later. KC's offense might be the worst you face all year. I understand this was a division rival but a real OC with legitimate weapons could take a lot from that game...

lewdog
09-15-2014, 06:29 PM
Obligatory.......

FUCK YOU DONKEY SCUM!

vailpass
09-15-2014, 07:50 PM
For a team that's competing for a SB one bad game isn't a reason to get all doom and gloom.

I did see a few things that need to be cleaned up or they could become a problem later. KC's offense might be the worst you face all year. I understand this was a division rival but a real OC with legitimate weapons could take a lot from that game...

Yeah. Without taking away from the KC effort, Denver looked like shit.