PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Let's break down the Dolphins.

Direckshun
09-15-2014, 12:47 AM
Looking at the Miami roster is super interesting...

On offense:

Ryan Tannehill is playing... well, he's playing. He's your typical mediocre, streaky QB. He's completing 60% of his passes, his average YPA is just north of 5 yards/attempt, which is horrendous. The longest pass he's completed so far is only 24 yards. And he's no scrambler, either -- his scrambling stats look like mine, if I were a QB. LMAO

At RB, as mentioned in another thread, they're down Moreno and probably Lamar Miller, too. That means Damien Williams of OU will be starting, and he's done nothing in extremely limited action -- although he was a good looking workhorse at OU.

At receiver, Mike Wallace could provide some problems with his great speed, as we always seem to struggle against the T.Y. Hiltons of the NFL -- but it's not clear if Tannehill will even utilize him. Of course, the sneakiest talent in the NFL is Brian Hartline across from Miller. This guy puts up sneaky-good numbers all the time. Ask his fantasy owners.

The OL is not inspiring, other than Albert at LT. Rookie JuJuan James is at right tackle, and I was a big fan of his coming out of Tennessee. But their guards are not inspiring -- they gave up two sacks to DTs against the Bills this week. Mike Pouncey is one the best centers in the league, but it's anybody's guess as to when he'll be able to play. He hasn't played yet, this season.

The strength of this Dolphins team is in the front three on D. Jared Odrick is very solid. Randy Starks is a really good NT, but he's injured, and may not play -- and if he doesn't, rookie Anthony Johnson of LSU will step in, and we should run allllll over that soft bitch. This squad is tough to run on, but they're not going to pressure the passer.

Off the edge, Cameron Wake will provide another solid challenge to Fisher, but that's about it. Oliver Vernon is their only other full time passrusher with a sack. Phillip Wheeler and Koa Misi are two solid talents at ILB as far as I know, but I'm not terribly familiar with them.

Brent Grimes is their #1 CB, and I've always thought the world of him. Cortland Finnegan is on his last wheels at this point in his career, but he should be fine against our lousy WR corps.

Louis Delmas is their FS, with Jimmy Wilson, who I know nothing about.

I think this is a roster we can beat. Thoughts?

Silock
09-15-2014, 12:48 AM
We're fucked.

DaNewGuy
09-15-2014, 12:53 AM
Santos will miss some FGs

Jim Lahey
09-15-2014, 12:53 AM
Delmas is an often injured brokedick. If our OL can hold up and we give the effort we did Sunday against Wake we should pick them apart.

OldSchool
09-15-2014, 01:00 AM
They gave the Pats all they were worth, and then some. It'll depend completely on which Dolphins team shows up next week. They struggled against the Bills because the Bills have a really good defense.

Phins OL is about average after they patched it up this off-season. They had a good week 1 but fell back to earth against a dominant Bills front-7.

Defensively, I think they'll be about as tough as the Broncos defense was; they've quietly had one of the better defenses in the AFC for the past several years because of guys like Wake, Odrick, Starks, etc. It's easily winnable if our team plays like it did against the Broncos and our coaches don't completely shit the bed.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-15-2014, 01:17 AM
Coming off a strong game against the Broncos we're due for a let down.

Plus , every one of our players are injured.

chiefs1111
09-15-2014, 01:30 AM
Dolphins 15
Chiefs 10

Direckshun
09-15-2014, 01:31 AM
Coming off a strong game against the Broncos we're due for a let down.

Plus , every one of our players are injured.

It's pretty nuts.

We let half a dozen of our starters walk this offseason.

We are now down another SIX starters (at least) due to injury and Stephenson's continued suspension.

We are literally half the team we were last season.

TimBone
09-15-2014, 02:18 AM
Last time you made one of these threads you underrated the other teams roster and we were dominated.

Dunerdr
09-15-2014, 05:30 AM
I honestly don't see why this isn't a manageable game. They can't run we can't stop the run. The biggest threat they have is a DEEP ball that takes time to set up. Send the dogs after young Ryan then run at them up the gut. They have nothing special in the middle so rbs our tes and whoever plays slot should be able to move the chains. (Even if they had the worst corners in the league fall down Avery and never open bowe wouldn't be counted on)

Eleazar
09-15-2014, 05:43 AM
They aren't a good team, we should win this game.

-King-
09-15-2014, 06:04 AM
We'll win this game.
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus
09-15-2014, 06:18 AM
2-2 coming up.

:grovel:

Deberg_1990
09-15-2014, 06:20 AM
Prepare for losts of Branden Albert posts this week

TribalElder
09-15-2014, 06:37 AM
The safe word is fins

WhiteWhale
09-15-2014, 06:51 AM
It's pretty nuts.

We let half a dozen of our starters walk this offseason.

We are now down another SIX starters (at least) due to injury and Stephenson's continued suspension.

We are literally half the team we were last season.

Based on what I've seen from Jeff Allen, and from what I've seen when Jeff Allen isn't playing, our offensive line is better without Jeff Allen. He's just terrible.

So... at least one of those missing starters will probably help us. :D

Molitoth
09-15-2014, 07:32 AM
Somehow the Chiefs always find a way to lose against the Dolphins.

Simply Red
09-15-2014, 07:36 AM
Somehow the Chiefs always find a way to lose against the Dolphins.

yup, we DID beat their ass when we had Holmes though - but that one stood out, yeah generally Miami is tough on the Chefs.

MotherfuckerJones
09-15-2014, 07:40 AM
0-3!! Let's do it boys.

Eleazar
09-15-2014, 07:43 AM
Based on what I've seen from Jeff Allen, and from what I've seen when Jeff Allen isn't playing, our offensive line is better without Jeff Allen. He's just terrible.

So... at least one of those missing starters will probably help us. :D

Since we have Fisher and a bunch of guys who should be backups at the NFL level, it doesn't really matter who is playing. You just mix them around and try to find some combination of people who can develop chemistry together.

It seems like often times a great offensive line is not stocked with Pro Bowlers so much as it is a bunch of solid players who have been playing together as a unit for a long time.

IMO, the group from this week deserves another week.

Marcellus
09-15-2014, 07:52 AM
yup, we DID beat their ass when we had Holmes though - but that one stood out, yeah generally Miami is tough on the Chefs.

Wasn't that the game they played on Saturday due to a hurricane?

Simply Red
09-15-2014, 07:55 AM

very well could have been. I remember it was something like that - maybe Thurs maybe MNF.

PunkinDrublic
09-15-2014, 08:10 AM
Since we have Fisher and a bunch of guys who should be backups at the NFL level, it doesn't really matter who is playing. You just mix them around and try to find some combination of people who can develop chemistry together.

It seems like often times a great offensive line is not stocked with Pro Bowlers so much as it is a bunch of solid players who have been playing together as a unit for a long time.

IMO, the group from this week deserves another week.

This is just idiotic, Hudson is a solid center. I do look forward to seeing Brandon Albert rolling around on the ground for 5 minutes in pain.

Steron
09-15-2014, 08:38 AM
This is just idiotic, Hudson is a solid center. I do look forward to seeing Brandon Albert rolling around on the ground for 5 minutes in pain.

I don't get the Hudson hate either. He isn't a world beater. He's solid, young, and athletic.

Ebolapox
09-15-2014, 08:40 AM
take the under.

ILChief
09-15-2014, 09:02 AM
Screw it,

We take the Phins to the woodshed

KC 28
MIA 10

KC native
09-15-2014, 09:55 AM
The Dolphins will break down the Cheufs. 0-3 on the road to 2-14. Woooo Wooooooooooo

RealSNR
09-15-2014, 10:18 AM
The safe word is White 80

Just Passin' By
09-15-2014, 10:55 AM
They gave the Pats all they were worth, and then some. It'll depend completely on which Dolphins team shows up next week. They struggled against the Bills because the Bills have a really good defense.

Phins OL is about average after they patched it up this off-season. They had a good week 1 but fell back to earth against a dominant Bills front-7.

Defensively, I think they'll be about as tough as the Broncos defense was; they've quietly had one of the better defenses in the AFC for the past several years because of guys like Wake, Odrick, Starks, etc. It's easily winnable if our team plays like it did against the Broncos and our coaches don't completely shit the bed.

New England almost always struggles against the Dolphins in Miami. They also had just traded Mankins away, which threw their offensive line out of whack, and they didn't have enough beef on the line to stop the run, because of injury.

If the Chiefs can stop the Dolphins' edge rushers and keep Wallace contained, they've got an excellent chance of winning.

L.A. Chieffan
09-15-2014, 10:58 AM
Pretty much what was already said. Miami is extremely tough at home in September so this wont be easy but theyre not unbeatable. They have decent pass rush but theyre back 7 is pretty much average, Bowe could have a big game.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-15-2014, 11:04 AM
Prepare for losts of Branden Albert posts this week

God I hope he rapes next week.

Hammock Parties
09-15-2014, 10:03 PM
And he's no scrambler, either -- his scrambling stats look like mine, if I were a QB. LMAO?

This is twice in three weeks you've said something dumb about the opposition.

First it was that garbage with McCourty, who raped us.

Now this. Tannehill is a very good scrambler. He played WR in college and had over 200 yards rushing last year.

Why do you say dumb things?

cdcox
09-15-2014, 10:09 PM
Forecast is for 90 degrees. Rain will keep it humid. Our guys are going to melt by the third quarter.

OldSchool
09-15-2014, 11:17 PM
Keep a close eye on Jared Odrick. He might be our new 5-tech next season when we let Devito go and Bailey walks.

Lonewolf Ed
09-15-2014, 11:47 PM

If memory serves, that game was played on a Friday.

MMXcalibur
09-15-2014, 11:55 PM
Dolphins x+1, Chiefs x

Rausch
09-16-2014, 12:30 AM

LJ beat them up. For whatever reason that game wasn't televised here but LJ had some crazy lower-the-shoulder-highlights that game...

Rausch
09-16-2014, 12:31 AM
I would have predicted this a win before the season but I think we see a let down here after shooting our wad vs. Denver.

mikey23545
09-16-2014, 01:01 AM
If memory serves, that game was played on a Friday.

Friday night it was...I was in attendance.

thabear04
09-16-2014, 01:24 AM
The Dolphins lost running back Knowshon Moreno to a dislocated elbow early in Sunday’s loss to the Bills and then watched Lamar Miller hobble off with an ankle problem later in the game, leaving them short on backs.

Miller was reportedly OK to return, but stayed out since the game was a blowout. Moreno will miss several weeks, however, and the Dolphins have moved quickly to bolster the depth chart in the backfield.

Agent Tony Fleming told Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald that his client Daniel Thomas has agreed on a contract with the team. It’s a return engagement for the 2011 second-round pick, who spent the last three seasons with the Dolphins and was cut on the way to 53 players last month.

Thomas offered the Dolphins mediocre production during his 40 games with the team, which contributed to Moreno’s arrival as a free agent and Thomas being beaten out for roster spots by Damien Williams and Orleans Darkwa. It looks like he’ll get another chance to show he can thrive at the professional level as the Dolphins prepare to move on without their most effective runner of the young season.

Direckshun
09-16-2014, 02:37 AM
Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinteresting............

If he lost out to Damien Williams, I'm guessing that means we're still seeing Damien Williams get the bulk of the carries.

If Lamar Miller returns, we're likely seeing hardly any of either back. I bet 90% of the carries would go with even an injured Miller if he were the play.

Rausch
09-16-2014, 03:33 AM
The Dolphins lost running back Knowshon Moreno to a dislocated elbow early in Sunday’s loss to the Bills and then watched Lamar Miller hobble off with an ankle problem later in the game, leaving them short on backs.

Miller was reportedly OK to return, but stayed out since the game was a blowout. Moreno will miss several weeks, however, and the Dolphins have moved quickly to bolster the depth chart in the backfield.

Agent Tony Fleming told Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald that his client Daniel Thomas has agreed on a contract with the team. It’s a return engagement for the 2011 second-round pick, who spent the last three seasons with the Dolphins and was cut on the way to 53 players last month.

Thomas offered the Dolphins mediocre production during his 40 games with the team, which contributed to Moreno’s arrival as a free agent and Thomas being beaten out for roster spots by Damien Williams and Orleans Darkwa. It looks like he’ll get another chance to show he can thrive at the professional level as the Dolphins prepare to move on without their most effective runner of the young season.

Lovely.

Sounds like another UPS guy off the street will come in and post 100+ on us on the ground.

Yes, there was a dolphins street FA that did do this to us...

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-16-2014, 06:49 AM
SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY! :

http://static2.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/5183662+_9976130cb06bca46c8f37c54a14925ea.gif

Coochie liquor
09-16-2014, 07:21 AM
We should be able to be competitive against this team, although our history in Miami isn't great! But that was all with different regimes!

MahiMike
09-16-2014, 07:22 AM
Other than the longest game in history, have we EVER played the Dolphins in KC?

Gonzo
09-16-2014, 07:29 AM

Very good. I seem to remember it being a Friday night thing for some reason.

Three7s
09-16-2014, 07:39 AM
Yes. We played them in 2011 at Arrowhead and got mauled. Played them in 2008 as well in Arrowhead and got beat.

Simply Red
09-16-2014, 07:41 AM
LJ beat them up. For whatever reason that game wasn't televised here but LJ had some crazy lower-the-shoulder-highlights that game...

Tony G had a good game as well.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-16-2014, 07:42 AM
Yes. We played them in 2011 at Arrowhead and got mauled. Played them in 2008 as well in Arrowhead and got beat.

The infamous Sackintosh highlight game.

alpha_omega
09-16-2014, 12:11 PM

I clearly remember us beating their ass once at Arrowhead a few years back, but i think that was like '02 or something like that. it's been a while.

L.A. Chieffan
09-16-2014, 12:15 PM
I was at the game in Arrowhead where we beat their asses. I remember sitting behind the dolphins bench talking shit to Rickey Williams because he fumbled early in the game and was crap after that.

Hammock Parties
09-16-2014, 12:16 PM
The game against them at Arrowhead in 02 was great. That was Green's coming out party where everyone finally realized he was going to be a badass. 328 yards and 5 TD.

The week after that I will never forget because it's the only Chiefs game I haven't seen in the last 14 years. I slept through it.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200210060nyj.htm

Iconic
09-16-2014, 12:17 PM
If Dion Jordan gets his suspension lifted we're fucked.

MahiMike
09-16-2014, 01:02 PM

Yeah I know. Just seems like it's ALWAYS in Miami.

alpha_omega
09-16-2014, 01:17 PM

The week after that I will never forget because it's the only Chiefs game I haven't seen in the last 14 years. I slept through it.

Slept through it? What were you doing the night before (check that...nevermind...i don't want to know)?

Hammock Parties
09-16-2014, 01:18 PM
Slept through it? What were you doing the night before (check that...nevermind...i don't want to know)?

That's a very good question. My guess, considering the year, I was probably up way too late playing computer games. Possibly Star Wars Galaxies.

Easy 6
09-16-2014, 01:26 PM
I dont have much faith in this game...

a) on the road in the Florida heat.

b) coming off a dispiriting, hard fought loss.

c) there just isnt enough depth to adequately cover for all of these injuries, plus, I think the sum of these injuries will prove to be a real morale zapper.

Three7s
09-16-2014, 01:27 PM
The game against them at Arrowhead in 02 was great. That was Green's coming out party where everyone finally realized he was going to be a badass. 328 yards and 5 TD.

Damn, you missed a hell of a game!

ViperVisor
09-16-2014, 01:28 PM
Albert is good
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/09/16/top-10-offensive-tackles/

Ming the Merciless
09-16-2014, 01:55 PM
Before the season, I wouldve said Miami would win hands down, especially then after week 1....

But both teams have had massive injury problems.

I really dont know now, with Miami's running game being devastated and the QB underwhelming....

I would say its kind of a toss up, but then Miami will be at home...

I'd give a slight edge to miami...

If we do not beat Miami, we could be looking at like 2-14 considering we shouldve beat Tenn.

TEX
09-16-2014, 04:13 PM
Santos will miss some FGs

Yep. It could cost KC the game.

Chromatic
09-16-2014, 04:53 PM

Yup.

http://gfycat.com/ShockingPastArgusfish

This? http://gfycat.com/ScornfulWigglyGrizzlybear

I wish we could embed gfycat here, they are way better than gifs.

Halfcan
09-16-2014, 05:41 PM
Dolphins 15
Chiefs 10

:thumb:

Between Andy's wacky play calling, a swiss cheese O line and a midget kicker- I will be very surprised if we win 2 games this year.

That should set us up to draft Fisher's well over due replacement. :p

OldSchool
09-17-2014, 02:35 AM
For the record, the Dolphins will be a very tough team for us to beat. Why?

They are currently ranked #1 in the league, via PFF, in 2 categories.

1. Run Defense
2. Pass rush

Miami is Pro Football Focus' far-and-away top-ranked defense through two weeks. The Dolphins are No. 1 against the run in PFF's metrics, and have the league's top-ranked pass rush. Kansas City has one of the tougher schedules.

Last time I checked, our OL has been near or at dead last in the league in both pass protection and run blocking. Might turn out to be a very ugly day for the offense if Reid doesn't call a near perfect game.

I don't think that we can really judge them based off of last season; they were pretty good on defense last year too though.

Dunerdr
09-17-2014, 05:29 AM
If Dion Jordan gets his suspension lifted we're ****ed.

Why? Weren't they trying to trade him?