PDA

View Full Version : Football Broncos fans start petition to ban CBS' Phil Simms from Broncos broadcasts

thabear04
09-15-2014, 12:08 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/broncos-fans-start-petition-ban-163030222.html

It's gotten that bad.

Denver Broncos fans have dealt with the perceived bias of CBS analyst Phil Simms for years. I've always tolerated it - fans often claim an analyst or ref is biased, and being an objective color commentator is difficult when you're rooting for close games.

But now that Denver has Peyton Manning, and the Broncos are ratings juggernauts, CBS has decided to make them their afternoon game featuring their #1 crew of Jim Nantz and Simms virtually every week. It's all Simms, all the time.

And it's torture for Broncos fans.

It appears Simms is truly unable to call a fair, unbiased game when the Broncos play. Virtually every penalty or near-penalty or close call under review in Sunday's Chiefs victory provided Simms a soapbox to argue in Kansas City's favor. Even when the refs reviewed a call in Denver's favor, Simms still disagreed. It came off whiny and, yes, biased.

The words, "I don't mean to root against Denver, but..." even came out of his mouth. When you have to justify your next sentence with that type of disclaimer... you're rooting against Denver.

"The People of Denver" have spoken and started a petition on Change.org to have Simms banned from Broncos games. It received nearly 100 signatures in its first five minutes. As of Monday morning, the petition has over 3,000 signatures. Their goal is 5,000 signatures.

Petition by
The People Of Denver
We do not know why he is assigned to the Broncos games every year. It is sure and complete torture for Bronco Fans to have to listen to his biased drivel every week. Please sign this petition so our voice can be heard. We are tired of Phil Simms in Denver!

If you'd like to sign the petition, click here. Enough of Simms' bias ruining Broncos games for Broncos fans.

MahiMike
09-15-2014, 12:09 PM
No linky, no buyee.

But I did notice that yesterday. It was great.

ChiefsCountry
09-15-2014, 12:10 PM
I wondered why Nantz and Simms were slurping the Chiefs trash like Fisher so much yesterday. Petro and Grunhard did as well.

Easy 6
LMAO why cant he kiss our ass like everyone else does?

jd1020
I'd sign it just because on that sack "fumble" at the end of the game he said "Fishers protection was good."

ptlyon
09-15-2014, 12:11 PM
So the refs and the NFL changing their rules weren't enough?

Gotcha. I pray those assholes never win another SB.

kysirsoze
09-15-2014, 12:12 PM
I'd sign it if it was to ban him entirely. If he's busy annoying Bronco fans, that'll do.

thabear04
09-15-2014, 12:13 PM
No linky, no buyee.

But I did notice that yesterday. It was great.

thabear04
09-15-2014, 12:14 PM
LMAO why cant he kiss our ass like everyone else does?

Because we are the Chiefs.

teedubya
If a meteorite would hit Infesto at Mile High... Colorado would actually become habitable.

Sweet Daddy Hate
Good for him.

listopencil
09-15-2014, 12:15 PM
I hope they don't change it. Simms is much better than Fouts. Fouts is an idiot homer whenever he calls games with AFC West teams. Not only is he obviously biased, if an AFCW team other than the Chargers is playing well he will just sit there and say nothing.

Dayze
you know life is good when the only bad thing associated with your football team/game is the announcers.

Eleazar
I didn't notice it, honestly.

Simms didn't get the memo that he is supposed to praise Denver every chance he gets perhaps.

Molitoth
09-15-2014, 12:16 PM
F*ck em, we had that piece of shit Randy Cross forever.

listopencil
09-15-2014, 12:16 PM
I didn't notice it, honestly.

Simms didn't get the memo that he is supposed to praise Denver every chance he gets perhaps.

I didn't either and I'm a Bronco fan.

Easy 6
09-15-2014, 12:17 PM
I hope they don't change it. Simms is much better than Fouts. Fouts is an idiot homer whenever he calls games with AFC West teams. Not only is he obviously biased, if an AFCW team other than the Chargers is playing well he will just sit there and say nothing.

Almost dug into the closet and ripped up my Fouts football cards while listening to his dumb ass doing the Vikes game.

Sweet Daddy Hate
They should hire Petro to do Chiefs games. Then we can all poke our ear drums out with #2 pencils.

wazu
Doesn't call a fair game? Seriously?! He's a fucking talking head. It's the refs that don't call a fair game, and they always favor the Broncos and their biases actually matter.

kysirsoze

Agree. I don't notice bias with Simms. He's just a fucking moron. The only bias he might have is against refs protecting QBs and receivers. I hear him bitch about that a lot, but I'm pretty sure he's just mad he didn't have the same help.

kysirsoze
09-15-2014, 12:18 PM
Doesn't call a fair game? Seriously?! He's a ****ing talking head. It's the refs that don't call a fair game, and they always favor the Broncos and their biases actually matter.

No kidding. Holy shit I wish this was the football issue I was bitching about.

KCTitus
09-15-2014, 12:18 PM
Oh, Good Lord...this franchise and its fans have no clue what it is to have people 'root against' their franchise.

listopencil
09-15-2014, 12:19 PM
Almost dug into the closet and ripped up my Fouts football cards while listening to his dumb ass doing the Vikes game.

Yeah, he's horrible. One of the nice things about my team playing well (when it happens) is that he shuts the fuck up.

Dayze
09-15-2014, 12:19 PM
"....oooh. tough break. It appears as though Sanders had a clear shot at the endzone but just lost his footing" / Nanz

"Hang on there Jim. he didn't trip. he's just so fast, and so good, that the rotation of the earth couldn't keep up. And you'd better have some speed if you want to be able to keep up with some of Peyton Manning's passes. Boy, what a player"

TLO
09-15-2014, 12:21 PM
"....oooh. tough break. It appears as though Sanders had a clear shot at the endzone but just lost his footing" / Nanz

"Hang on there Jim. he didn't trip. he's just so fast, and so good, that the rotation of the earth couldn't keep up. And you'd better have some speed if you want to be able to keep up with some of Peyton Manning's passes. Boy, what a player"

LMAO

Sims is fine. Randy Cross was turrible, and Fouts still is.

Fuck Randy Cross though. Fuck him right in the pooper.

Dayze
09-15-2014, 12:21 PM
Kosar, Simms, Kelly, etc...they were all tough SOBs.

I saw Pey-Pey curl up into a fetal position and fall to the ground in the pocket because he was about to get hit.
LMAO. and it wasn't even going to be a huge hit at all, but he folds like a thank you card the Broncos send to the NFL every year.

New World Order
09-15-2014, 12:23 PM
Dan Diedorf was by far the worst.

Hated that fucking guy.

jonzie04
09-15-2014, 12:24 PM
Not even gonna lie the bias was prettt ridiculous lol.

Dayze
09-15-2014, 12:26 PM

Hated that ****ing guy.

yeah, I hated it when he was on.

...and Paul McGwire / Theisman.

KCUnited
09-15-2014, 12:28 PM
Ain't got shit on Sterling Sharpe.

Mennonite
09-15-2014, 12:29 PM
http://i.minus.com/i4VaBQAkUahC0.gif

They took 14 takes. This was the best one.

ChiefsCountry
I wonder which network is going to throw the big bucks at Peyton when he retires.

Dayze
Bronco fans should just mute the TV, or stuff granola into their TV speakers, and STFU.

Dayze
09-15-2014, 12:31 PM
I wonder which network is going to throw the big bucks at Peyton when he retires.

Probably espn.

but he'll probably require the trademark to be changed to ESPM

alpha_omega
09-15-2014, 12:33 PM
Never realized this....

Now i like Phil Simms much more than before. Keep up the good work Phil.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-15-2014, 12:37 PM
Well they shouldn't have let the Chiefs come into pile high and be a failed call away from stealing the game.

Garcia Bronco
09-15-2014, 12:37 PM

It's gotten that bad.

Denver Broncos fans have dealt with the perceived bias of CBS analyst Phil Simms for years. I've always tolerated it - fans often claim an analyst or ref is biased, and being an objective color commentator is difficult when you're rooting for close games.

But now that Denver has Peyton Manning, and the Broncos are ratings juggernauts, CBS has decided to make them their afternoon game featuring their #1 crew of Jim Nantz and Simms virtually every week. It's all Simms, all the time.

It appears Simms is truly unable to call a fair, unbiased game when the Broncos play. Virtually every penalty or near-penalty or close call under review in Sunday's Chiefs victory provided Simms a soapbox to argue in Kansas City's favor. Even when the refs reviewed a call in Denver's favor, Simms still disagreed. It came off whiny and, yes, biased.

The words, "I don't mean to root against Denver, but..." even came out of his mouth. When you have to justify your next sentence with that type of disclaimer... you're rooting against Denver.

"The People of Denver" have spoken and started a petition on Change.org to have Simms banned from Broncos games. It received nearly 100 signatures in its first five minutes. As of Monday morning, the petition has over 3,000 signatures. Their goal is 5,000 signatures.

Petition by
The People Of Denver
We do not know why he is assigned to the Broncos games every year. It is sure and complete torture for Bronco Fans to have to listen to his biased drivel every week. Please sign this petition so our voice can be heard. We are tired of Phil Simms in Denver!

If you'd like to sign the petition, click here. Enough of Simms' bias ruining Broncos games for Broncos fans.

Phil Simms is fine at it. I don't get the problem.

Mile High Mania
09-15-2014, 12:38 PM
Simms is miserable... I get why some are going nuts all over this, but aside from that - I can't stand listening to him and Nantz.

Marcellus
09-15-2014, 12:39 PM
I just gained a bunch of respect for Phil Simms.

Prison Bitch
09-15-2014, 12:40 PM
I've rarely noticed any announcer bias just like I've never noticed a ref costing my team a game.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-15-2014, 12:41 PM
I just gained a bunch of respect for Phil Simms.

Yeah, if you can't have a franchise that's worth a shit, just cheer on the announcer who hates your division rival!

I see full-retard extends to many walks of life around here.

Kman34
09-15-2014, 12:41 PM
**** em, we had that piece of shit Randy Cross forever.

This...I hate that sumbitch :clap:

Molitoth
09-15-2014, 12:45 PM
This is only somewhat relevant, but I fucking hate Chris Carter. If I ever have to listen to him do a chiefs game, I will turn it off.

warrior
09-15-2014, 12:50 PM
Yeah, if you can't have a franchise that's worth a shit, just cheer on the announcer who hates your division rival!

You can leave :shake:

kysirsoze
09-15-2014, 12:58 PM

GTFO with this shit.

Mennonite
09-15-2014, 12:59 PM
Every fan base hates (almost) every announcer.

Is it a sign that fans are thin skinned and can't take criticism of their teams? Or is it a sign that NFL announcing is generally terrible? I think it's both.

How often does someone say "Great, ___ is announcing this game!" vs " Well, at least it isn't Dan Dierdorf." Basically, there are a greater number of announcers who make the game worse than make it better.

kysirsoze
09-15-2014, 01:00 PM
Every fan base hates (almost) every announcer.

Is it a sign that fans are thin skinned and can't take criticism of their teams? Or is it a sign that NFL announcing is generally terrible? I think it's both.

How often does someone say "Great, ___ is announcing this game!" vs " Well, at least it isn't Dan Dierdorf." Basically, there are a greater number of announcers who make the game worse than make it better.

People also remember the slights more. When an announcer praises their team, they're all like "fucking A right. That's not bias, that's just truth."

Dayze
09-15-2014, 01:03 PM
i hate virtually every color ('color'...not colored..LMAO) announce the NFL has.

the only announcers I enjoy listening to, aren't even in the NFL. Musberger, Herbstreit, Danielson, Lundquist, Nessler etc.

announcers are just another spoke of suck in the NFL wheel of suck.

Rausch
09-15-2014, 01:09 PM
**** Randy Cross though. **** him right in the pooper.

Cross is the worst.

He isn't even biased, he's just Turrahble. So bad at what he does your ears bleed...

listopencil
09-15-2014, 01:16 PM
Not even gonna lie the bias was prettt ridiculous lol.

The only thing that I saw that could even considered as "bias" was the announcers playing up the storyline. I am pretty sure it was looked at as a sort of David versus Goliath kind of thing with the Broncos being heavy favorites. As the game wore on and KC kept it much closer than expected and set themselves up for a possible win, it became the announcer's job to play that aspect up. That's pretty much what they are there for though.

Mennonite
09-15-2014, 01:16 PM
the only announcers I enjoy listening to, aren't even in the NFL. Musberger, Herbstreit, Danielson, Lundquist, Nessler etc.

I agree with this. I generally find college announcers to be a cut above their NFL counterparts. Which leads me to believe that there is more to it than just irrational "So and So hates my team!" claims of bias.

Discuss Thrower
09-15-2014, 01:18 PM
Joe Buck, Dan Fouts and Brent Musburger are the worst in the announcing game today.

BigMeatballDave
09-15-2014, 01:19 PM
LMAO

BigMeatballDave
09-15-2014, 01:20 PM
Joe Buck, Dan Fouts and Brent Musburger are the worst in the announcing game today.

Love Brent for College.

Shaid
09-15-2014, 01:21 PM
lmao, I guess when you're so used to being slurped by everyone in the media it must sting when someone actually calls it like they see it. Not that I agreed with everything he said, but you've gotta be kidding me.

Discuss Thrower
09-15-2014, 01:21 PM
Love Brent for College.

Dude sounds sauced 50% of the time I hear him call a game. He seems like he's a homer for the likes of ND, Texas, USC et cetera.

listopencil
09-15-2014, 01:22 PM
Listening to English announcers call the game is great. They get so happy when they remember the nicknames of the teams. I caught this highlight called by a soccer guy yesterday:

http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/696104/fight2jets.0.gif

It was hilarious.

Frosty
09-15-2014, 01:23 PM
Every time I hear Simms call a Broncos game, I come away with the impression that Phil wants to have Peyton's babies.

TBH, I thought yesterday that he was so complementary to the Chiefs only to make the (inevitable) win by the Broncos more impressive. :shrug:

Discuss Thrower
09-15-2014, 01:24 PM
Listening to English announcers call the game is great. They get so happy when they remember the nicknames of the teams. I caught this highlight called by a soccer guy yesterday:

http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/696104/fight2jets.0.gif

It was hilarious.

SNR had the British guy too.

srvy
09-15-2014, 01:27 PM
Chris Collinsworth hate that no talent POS with a passion. Nantz and Simms just bore me like Summerall and Madden used to.

Think I will Like Simms better now.

Dayze
09-15-2014, 01:33 PM
Collinsworth and Gruden fellate Peyton more than any other player.
it truly is un-listenable.

Munson
09-15-2014, 01:36 PM
If Simms is annoying Bronco fans, he should get a raise!

Bwana
09-15-2014, 01:40 PM

Exactly, that limp nipple Cross hated the Chiefs.

Red Dawg
09-15-2014, 01:43 PM
Whiny bitch ass fan base.

mikey23545
09-15-2014, 01:59 PM
yeah, I hated it when he was on.

...and Paul McGwire / Theisman.

Hated that ****ing guy.

I don't get this. I hear on this board how much people hated Dan Deirdorf.

I thought he was pretty good compared to most of the fucktards they have announcing nowadays.

Rausch
09-15-2014, 02:00 PM

I thought he was pretty good compared to most of the ****tards they have announcing nowadays.

Agreed...

siberian khatru
09-15-2014, 02:01 PM

I thought he was pretty good compared to most of the ****tards they have announcing nowadays.

I never got the Dierdorf hate. I liked him. But part of that might be that he was one of my favorite players growing up.

mikey23545
09-15-2014, 02:02 PM
LMAO

Sims is fine. Randy Cross was turrible, and Fouts still is.

**** Randy Cross though. **** him right in the pooper.

X1000

alpha_omega
09-15-2014, 02:04 PM
I never got the Dierdorf hate. I liked him. .....

Agreed, i always like Dan too. He came across like a regular guy just calling a football game.

Mile High Mania

LMAO I think they're flying a banner next.

Tombstone RJ

Ok captain trailer-park guy.

Art Vader
09-15-2014, 02:05 PM
Tissue sales up in Denver

ptlyon
09-15-2014, 02:06 PM
Ok captain trailer-park guy.

ROFL

ptlyon
09-15-2014, 02:10 PM

Speaking of which, I had a thought when they were showing the aerial view of the stadium.

We need to get somebody to fly over mile high and knock that fucking bronco statue down or better yet snag it and fly it back and hold it ransom.

Marcellus
09-15-2014, 02:10 PM

You might be the dumbest mother fucker on the planet.

Don't get confused I don't mean on Chiefs Planet, I mean on THE Planet.

KCTitus
09-15-2014, 02:13 PM

I doubt it...they'll save that for really *important* problems, like when the ESPN NFL Gameday crew does not unanimously pick Denver to win all 16 regular season games...

Rain Man
09-15-2014, 02:13 PM
If I was the commissioner, I'd cut them a deal. No Phil Simms doing your games to appease your crybaby nature, but you have to stop doing that completely asinine and embarrassing "Incomplete" chant that makes your fan base appear to have the intelligence of a late-season head of cabbage.

kysirsoze
09-15-2014, 02:17 PM
If I was the commissioner, I'd cut them a deal. No Phil Simms doing your games to appease your crybaby nature, but you have to stop doing that completely asinine and embarrassing "Incomplete" chant that makes your fan base appear to have the intelligence of a late-season head of cabbage.

For real. I mean I guess it's effective because it's annoying or something, but it really is embarrassing.

Tombstone RJ
09-15-2014, 02:18 PM
You might be the dumbest mother ****er on the planet.

That's a tall order and a bold statement considering the scope of your own idiocy.

Earthling
09-15-2014, 02:18 PM

LMAOLMAO

Earthling
09-15-2014, 02:19 PM
So where is the petition to extend Simms for the Bronco games..? I would sign that one.

gblowfish
09-15-2014, 02:23 PM
Denver Fans would only be happy with a play by play team of Shannon Sharpe and Mr. Ed.

RippedmyFlesh
09-15-2014, 02:23 PM
GTFO with this shit.

No shit has 505 even listened to a Chiefs broadcast? Even in the 90's when we were good it was ALWAYS about the other team.

KCrockaholic
09-15-2014, 02:25 PM
Jesus. Get the fuck over it, Pile High.

Amnorix
09-15-2014, 02:30 PM
Simms is a homer for the Patriots (the Belichick connection) so I don't have a problem with him. I don't think he's an awesome announcer, but I think he's fine, pretty much.

Some of them are just terrible.

Cris Collinsworth (who I know some folks HATE) is the best in my book. Think he's far and away the smoothest and most insightful.

hometeam
09-15-2014, 02:33 PM
No fucks given.

KCrockaholic
09-15-2014, 02:34 PM
Jaws and Gruden are my favs.

Can't stand Aikman or the midget he's always with. And Collinsworth is terrible.

InChiefsHeaven
09-15-2014, 02:36 PM
Wow. Tough to be a Donkey fan I guess. What the hell ever...

TomBarndtsTwin
09-15-2014, 02:40 PM
Wow, I feel really sorry for the Broncos fans that are upset by this . . . . I really do.

I guess when you're 2-0 and having rules altered to benefit your QB, you have to find something to bitch about . . . . .

Dayze
09-15-2014, 02:40 PM
Peyton almost tripped over a divot from a players cleat. RE-SOD THE FIELD!!!!! NOW!!!!

GloryDayz
09-15-2014, 02:44 PM
Fuck Denver, fuck the Broncos, and fuck their fans! Give Simms a raise!

raybec 4
09-15-2014, 02:44 PM
Simms is a homer for the Patriots (the Belichick connection) so I don't have a problem with him. I don't think he's an awesome announcer, but I think he's fine, pretty much.

Some of them are just terrible.

Cris Collinsworth (who I know some folks HATE) is the best in my book. Think he's far and away the smoothest and most insightful.

I agree, Trent was pretty good yesterday too

GloryDayz
09-15-2014, 02:47 PM
Wow, I feel really sorry for the Broncos fans that are upset by this . . . . I really do.

I guess when you're 2-0 and having rules altered to benefit your QB, you have to find something to bitch about . . . . .

This...

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

htismaqe
09-15-2014, 02:51 PM

TRUTH.

Hammock Parties
Simms is a homer for the Patriots

Yep. I hate his guts. Ever since he went on HBO and was telling everyone how great Matt Cassel is...FUCK PHIL SIMMS.

Fish

I like how these idiots create their own "Goal" in their meaningless poll. Like that changes anything....

Bob Dole
09-15-2014, 02:52 PM

Beat Bob Dole to it.

kysirsoze
09-15-2014, 02:56 PM
I like how these idiots create their own "Goal" in their meaningless poll. Like that changes anything....

Not only that, but it is a pretty unimpressive goal.

GoShox
09-15-2014, 02:59 PM

I was confused, why didn't they do the chant after Smith's fumble was ruled an incomplete pass??

Dayze
09-15-2014, 03:00 PM
shit, here at CP we could get 5000 signatures for damn near anything.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-15-2014, 03:07 PM
They are just pissed cuz Simms was calling them out on their many illegal pick plays

GloryDayz
09-15-2014, 03:16 PM
They are just pissed cuz Simms was calling them out on their many illegal pick plays

That's it, Roger's on the horn with security and you'll be banned from all NFL games and sex forEVER for that comment!

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-15-2014, 03:19 PM

Does it hurt, boo?

Mennonite
That's it, Roger's on the horn with security and you'll be banned from all NFL games and sex forEVER for that comment!

On the bright side, at least we'd be spared from having to see any of his talentless kids taking up roster spots in the NFL.

scho63
All the Cowboys fans hate Troy Aikman announcing their game because they believe Aikman is biased against the Cowboys. I think he is a little bit biased as well. Not sure why he does that.

Dayze
09-15-2014, 03:43 PM
I noticed they don't 'pick' any more. now, one receiver will run a 1 yd 'route'; then just stop said 'route' right before he gets to the defender. he'll turn around like he's looking for the pass. on the few that I saw, while looking for the pass (that will never be thrown his way), you can see the receiver lean one way or another to get into the way of the defender covering his buddy.

and it looks so sad ...LMAO Like, really dudes....really. You realize it still looks like a pick play no matter how much Peyton tells you it isn't.
I wish i could gif up the few that I saw. It was so pathetic looking. like a kid getting 'around' some rule then rubbing it in your face "well, technically, I'm touching my brother. he keeps running into me"

I doubt it's just limited to Denver, but Denver uses it the most IMO.

vailpass
09-15-2014, 04:10 PM
Simms doesn't hate the Broncos. He just sucks.

chiefqueen
09-15-2014, 04:23 PM
Dude sounds sauced 50% of the time I hear him call a game. He seems like he's a homer for the team whose starting QB has the prettier girlfriend/wife.

FYP

Chiefaholic
09-15-2014, 04:50 PM

The NFL has all but gift wrapped the Lombardi Trophy for the Donks. I feel absolutely no sympathy for a Dungver fan. If I had the power, I'd screw up every Bronco satellite signal just for spite.

notorious
09-15-2014, 05:03 PM
I noticed they don't 'pick' any more. now, one receiver will run a 1 yd 'route'; then just stop said 'route' right before he gets to the defender. he'll turn around like he's looking for the pass. on the few that I saw, while looking for the pass (that will never be thrown his way), you can see the receiver lean one way or another to get into the way of the defender covering his buddy.

and it looks so sad ...LMAO Like, really dudes....really. You realize it still looks like a pick play no matter how much Peyton tells you it isn't.
I wish i could gif up the few that I saw. It was so pathetic looking. like a kid getting 'around' some rule then rubbing it in your face "well, technically, I'm touching my brother. he keeps running into me"

On the final drive of Denver they didn't even try to hide it. They pretty much said,"Throw the flag if you have the balls".

Sanders flat out blasted the defender before the ball was released.

Oh well, it doesn't get called. At least the Chiefs started getting physical with their bullshit.

notorious
09-15-2014, 05:10 PM
Here is a decent article explaining "Picks".

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/15/new-england-patriots-denver-broncos-afc-championship-game-pick-plays/

TribalElder
09-15-2014, 05:18 PM

It's gotten that bad.

Petition by
The People Of Denver

Sundays Chiefs Victory ?

Did Simms write this?

TribalElder
09-15-2014, 05:20 PM
I enjoyed Simms for once last week ROFL

FUCK YOU DENVER

NO SAFE WORD YOU BASTARDS

Mr. Derek
09-15-2014, 05:52 PM
Simms is absolutely horrible announcer. The next time he'll have an insightful thing to say, will be his first.

GloryDayz
09-15-2014, 06:24 PM

Unfortunately Roger's on the phone with the rules committee making sure they all remember that he said that was OK, so they should pass it off to the head of officiating. While they all look at their phones with long looks, they don't fight it because, well, Roger...

MahiMike
09-15-2014, 06:46 PM
Simms is absolutely horrible announcer. The next time he'll have an insightful thing to say, will be his first.

Go back to dungver.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-15-2014, 06:54 PM
ROFL fags...

MagicHef
09-15-2014, 07:27 PM

I like the incomplete chant just because rival fans hate it so much. If they didn't, yeah, we should get rid of it.

a pp roach
09-15-2014, 07:29 PM
Spoiled fanbase...

Chief Roundup
09-15-2014, 07:33 PM
I can't stand Phil Simms but this is hilarious.

Marcellus
09-17-2014, 08:24 AM
Counter Petition has been started in support of Simms and against whiny Denver fans.

https://www.change.org/p/cbs-let-phil-simms-continue-broadcasting-bronco-games?recruiter=153835445&utm_campaign=mailto_link&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

Because Broncos fans can't deal with the truth that their team gets away with calls that other teams would not and when they get called out on it in a nationally televised game, they don't like it, even when the call goes their way. Let's show Denver Bronco fans that the rest of the NFL fans are NOT going to let them have their way. There is a difference between being biased and using your brain!

https://change-production.s3.amazonaws.com/photos/3/ni/ea/VMNIEatLMRkCOYy-556x313-noPad.jpg?1410894831

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-17-2014, 08:26 AM
Signed.

Bowser
09-17-2014, 08:29 AM
Counter Petition has been started in support of Simms and against whiny Denver fans.

https://www.change.org/p/cbs-let-phil-simms-continue-broadcasting-bronco-games?recruiter=153835445&utm_campaign=mailto_link&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

https://change-production.s3.amazonaws.com/photos/3/ni/ea/VMNIEatLMRkCOYy-556x313-noPad.jpg?1410894831

LMAO

Definitely signed

Dunerdr
09-17-2014, 09:01 AM

Needs it's own thread

Dunerdr
09-17-2014, 09:02 AM
Someone get buck and those gay raiders fans to put this on their home boards

Mr. Laz
09-17-2014, 10:23 AM
I have a reason to like Simms now.

notorious
09-17-2014, 10:25 AM
Signed.

At least somebody is calling out the NFL about Denver's blatant picks.

Mile High Mania
09-17-2014, 10:28 AM
Not much to see here, it's not as if there are a lot of announcers that are any better. Phil may just be upset with Denver because he couldn't keep Orton on the bench, then they traded for Quinn and let Chris hit the street.

Who knows - who cares. I can't stand Simms or Collinsworth, fairly equally.

Need to find a radio feed to play during the games.

notorious
09-17-2014, 10:29 AM
Need to find a radio feed to play during the games.

Sometimes I sync my Sirius Radio with the broadcast on TV.

Mile High Mania
09-17-2014, 10:31 AM
Sometimes I sync my Sirius Radio with the broadcast on TV.

I need to change my subscription - I have it in the car only.

Easy 6
09-17-2014, 11:09 AM
Signed, sealed, delivered.

Bowser
09-17-2014, 11:12 AM
Simms is kind of a self loving goof that thinks a bit too highly of himself, but that doesn't make him a bad color guy. Same with Collinsworth. They've both railed on the Chiefs when the team has deserved it. I think Collinsworth works well with Al Michaels.

Bugeater
09-17-2014, 12:10 PM
Sometimes I sync my Sirius Radio with the broadcast on TV.How does that work? Does satellite radio have a pause feature?

Marcellus
09-17-2014, 12:31 PM
How does that work? Does satellite radio have a pause feature?

Satellite or internet radio will usually be behind the TV broadcast so hit pause on your TV assuming you have a DVR. That's what I do most games.

Bowser
09-17-2014, 12:33 PM
How does that work? Does satellite radio have a pause feature?

Satellite for the car does have a pause/rewind/fast forward feature fro certain models. That in itself is worth the price. Not sure if the home versions have the same. They should, if they don't.

BigRock
09-17-2014, 01:01 PM

A petition saying "let Simms continue broadcasting Broncos games" treats this like a serious thing that could happen. As if CBS might really listen to the original petition.

It doesn't deserve a serious response, it just deserves to be mocked. Like with a petition for Simms to call ALL the Broncos games.

Garcia Bronco
09-17-2014, 01:01 PM
This whole Phil Simms thing makes us sound like a bunch of pussies.

ModSocks
09-17-2014, 01:03 PM

Just another notch on the belt.

Marcellus
09-17-2014, 01:04 PM
A petition saying "let Simms continue broadcasting Broncos games" treats this like a serious thing that could happen. As if CBS might really listen to the original petition.

It doesn't deserve a serious response, it just deserves to be mocked. Like with a petition for Simms to call ALL the Broncos games.

I think its simply a way to call out the whiny Bronc fans. If you read whats posted and being posted you woudl see that.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-17-2014, 01:04 PM
Just another notch on the belt.

LMAO

Marcellus
09-17-2014, 01:07 PM
Its gone from around 250 to almost 1,000 since this morning. Nice work so far.

ModSocks
09-17-2014, 01:07 PM
Signed it.

BigRock
09-17-2014, 02:06 PM
I think its simply a way to call out the whiny Bronc fans. If you read whats posted and being posted you woudl see that.
Of course it's a way to call out Broncos fans. What I'm saying is calling them out could be better accomplished by a parody that derides and mocks them, rather than one that takes it all serious with "Let's show Denver Bronco fans that the rest of the NFL fans are NOT going to let them have their way".

But that's only my opinion.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-17-2014, 04:46 PM
Doncos owned.

J Diddy
09-17-2014, 04:47 PM

The over use of petitions has made everyone sound like a bunch of pussies.

Bugeater
09-17-2014, 07:24 PM
Satellite or internet radio will usually be behind the TV broadcast so hit pause on your TV assuming you have a DVR. That's what I do most games.

Satellite for the car does have a pause/rewind/fast forward feature fro certain models. That in itself is worth the price. Not sure if the home versions have the same. They should, if they don't.
:hmmm: I may have to look into that. Used to do it all the time with OTA radio before Janet Jackson flashed her skanky shriveled nipple and fucked everything up for everybody.

Bowser
09-17-2014, 07:46 PM
:hmmm: I may have to look into that. Used to do it all the time with OTA radio before Janet Jackson flashed her skanky shriveled nipple and fucked everything up for everybody.

You should. Usually the rewind/pause feature will hold up to an hour's worth of time. Sirius XM will kick out some songs you haven't heard in years. I find myself rewinding songs to listen to five or six times in a row, and that's not even mentioning the no commercials on their music channels. Love satellite radio.

Strongside
09-17-2014, 08:06 PM
Let's start a petition to ban Peyton Manning from the city of Kansas City. Better yet, from the city of Denver.

Psyko Tek
09-17-2014, 08:37 PM

the color guy shutting up is a bad thing?
dude, that is heaven

09-18-2014, 01:25 AM
You should. Usually the rewind/pause feature will hold up to an hour's worth of time. Sirius XM will kick out some songs you haven't heard in years. I find myself rewinding songs to listen to five or six times in a row, and that's not even mentioning the no commercials on their music channels. Love satellite radio.

Might just try the tablet/smartphone app on the one month trial to see how it works out.