PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Super late night bullshit: Knile Davis may be overrated.

Direckshun
09-16-2014, 02:25 AM
I think Knile Davis has played well the past two games we've needed him to step up because Charles went down with injury.

That's led a lot of people on this board to sing his praises, and I think it's mostly well deserved. When people say he's the heir to the throne of Charles, LJ and Priest, however... that's where I hesitate.

Because while I think he's a decent RB, I think his talent level is at "middling starter."

I say that because of the role the run game has to inhabit now in today's NFL.

Really the only reason the run game can be effective is by forcing defenses to divert resources away from the passing game. Getting a ton of 1 yard carries, and then pounding out a big run once a quarter doesn't do much in the long run (no pun intended). You have to consistently, regularly gain at least 4-5 yards per carry.

That's the reason Jamaal Charles and Shady McCoy are so lethal. Gaining a bunch of 1 yard runs and occasionally bursting for many yards doesn't give you anything the passing game already does.

That's my only real beef with Davis, now that he seems like he's fixed his fumbling. He's got tremendous speed, but he needs to find those holes better. I understand that's a problem with our OL right now, but it's what we need for the run game to be successful.

Rausch
09-16-2014, 03:36 AM
He's the perfect complimentary back.

He's not a starter and never will be. He's got a long history of fumble, injury, and even his stamina has been questioned type problems.

Anyone who thinks he's a replacement for Charles is out of their fucking mind...

Dunerdr
09-16-2014, 05:24 AM
He is over rated. He's been solid no where near extraordinary. He cost himself yards being cute. His numbers are inflated by the fact his big ass falls automatically for 3 unless he's wrapped up by a d lineman. He's been fair.

Kman34
09-16-2014, 05:52 AM
Still think he's learning... when he tries to have patience on the outside runs he loses yards. This o-line is not good enough to wait for holes ..You need to hit the edge quick to get any yards..

Coochie liquor
09-16-2014, 05:57 AM
Hopefully Charles can give us a couple more good years (when he returns this time), with Knile being a good change of pace/backup while we get ready to draft another stud RB (fingers crossed)!

wazu
09-16-2014, 06:06 AM
I think you're all just regretting that you didn't pick him up in your fantasy leagues.

Deberg_1990
09-16-2014, 06:15 AM
If he can stay healthy in big games, go Kniles!

Sandy Vagina
09-16-2014, 06:30 AM
That's my only real beef with Davis, now that he seems like he's fixed his fumbling. He's got tremendous speed, but he needs to find those holes better. I understand that's a problem with our OL right now, but it's what we need for the run game to be successful.

There is no BUT. Are you saying he needs to find the holes that do not exist?

Anyway, dude looks legit, and same as with the QB.. they will consistently be handicapped and difficult to judge until the OL and playcalling improves. It's irritating that Reid doesn't utilize more of Sherman lead blocking.. and running play-action off of that.

nychief
09-16-2014, 06:39 AM
I he that highly rated? I think ppl are just excited to have a competent young RB...

Pasta Little Brioni
09-16-2014, 06:42 AM
Early morning bullshit: Direction is overrated as a poster

wazu
09-16-2014, 06:49 AM

Yep. He has stepped up a few times when needed, but some seem to think he is heir to the throne of Rainman, Simply Red, etc. That's where I hesitate. His talent level is somewhere around "middling poster".

Three7s
09-16-2014, 06:50 AM
LJ went for 1 yard gains and then popped a random 20 yarder all the time.......

Wallcrawler
09-16-2014, 06:52 AM
I don't see anyone saying that Knile Davis is a superstar RB. Hes played well in the absence of Jamaal Charles, which is getting to be a pretty regular thing these days.

Fumbling isn't solved, he had a catch and then fumbled the football out of bounds. He's not instilling fear in me every time he carries the ball anymore though, but it wont surprise me in the slightest when he coughs a couple up this year.

He had about 80 yards on 22 carries and 2 TDs against a much improved defense of the Broncos and behind what has been a pretty shaky offensive line. He's a solid backup to Charles and moreover, he's actually available.

He had a few plays that just drove me insane. Alex Smith tossed him the ball on a swing pass, which he caught in stride, after which he promptly did that stupid ass multiple feet stomping stop in front of 2 defenders like he thought he was Barry Sanders or something and got himself tackled immediately. He was already halfway to full steam. Just keep running and you have a shot with his strength to run over one of those guys for some positive yards, not get immediately dropped.

He's not a superstar, but he is more than adequate at keeping our running game a factor in each contest, and not forcing us to drop Smith back every single play for a pass. With Andy Reid's philosophy toward offense, that's really all you have to do to be a RB in Reid's offense. Just do enough to keep the calls somewhat balanced.

As far as him not being capable of being Charles' replacement, well folks, that's exactly what he is for the forseeable future with the high ankle sprain suffered by Charles. Might as well get used to the idea.

Direckshun
09-16-2014, 07:55 AM

Yep. He has stepped up a few times when needed, but some seem to think he is heir to the throne of Rainman, Simply Red, etc. That's where I hesitate. His talent level is somewhere around "middling poster".

LMAO

Fire Me Boy!
09-16-2014, 08:01 AM
He's the perfect complimentary back.

He's not a starter and never will be. He's got a long history of fumble, injury, and even his stamina has been questioned type problems.

Anyone who thinks he's a replacement for Charles is out of their ****ing mind...

I disagree.

He'll be a starter on Sunday. And the following 3-4 weeks.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-16-2014, 08:07 AM
Why are we comparing Knile Davis with the greatest RB in history ?

I don't compare my Sows with your MOM !

Simply Red
09-16-2014, 08:10 AM
http://i.imgur.com/NBhEozL.gif

Chiefshrink
09-16-2014, 08:12 AM
Still think he's learning... when he tries to have patience on the outside runs he loses yards. This o-line is not good enough to wait for holes ..You need to hit the edge quick to get any yards..

This. He only gets better.:thumb:

Molitoth
09-16-2014, 08:19 AM
This same thing was said around here when LJ and Charles started getting their carries.
Knile will continue to get better.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-16-2014, 08:52 AM
I think Knile is a 1000-1200 rushing yards a season type back right now

Jimmya
09-16-2014, 09:00 AM
Question is, would any of you pick him up for your fantasy team?

Fire Me Boy!
09-16-2014, 09:02 AM

I put in a waiver for him this morning. Ryan Matthews is out for the next few weeks with a sprained MCL. 12-man league, so not a lot of decent options available.

My other RBs are Frank Gore and Shonn Greene.

srvy
09-16-2014, 09:30 AM
Davis is ok a good complimentary back. I dont think he will ever be a feature back but thats ok. He has been hammered to cover up the ball and his running style reflects that of a guy scared he will put it on the ground. He is running with the ball covered by two hands but still doesnt have the ball skills to shift the ball to the non pursuit side.
Required free time game film study should be of Marcus Allen.

Davis is slow to me! By that I mean he takes a while to get going. He will never hit a hole fast just not his style.

beach tribe
09-16-2014, 09:51 AM
I still think he's UNDER rated.

Absolute specimen, and will be a star in this league.

Would have no problem getting LJ #s behind that line.

Molitoth
09-16-2014, 10:23 AM

For week 3 with Charles out? Sure, he's on my waiver claim right meow.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-16-2014, 10:27 AM
A quality pick.

Dunerdr
09-16-2014, 10:28 AM
Stop liking him guys he's a Dorsey pick!-cp

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-16-2014, 10:29 AM

Credit will be given where due. This isn't some SF game-managing retard-move we're discussing here.

Molitoth
09-16-2014, 10:30 AM

Nobody here needs to really promote the success (or lack thereof) of Dorsey, he is already damning himself.

Easy 6
09-16-2014, 10:30 AM
I'm a big fan as well, the only real criticism that fits is that he does dance around a bit too much sometimes, he's big and powerful enough to create his own hole to an extent.

He's an A+ size/speed player and he's slowly becoming a solid pass catcher, he has the talent to be a feature guy no doubts about it.

jd1020
09-16-2014, 10:31 AM
I think Knile is a 1000-1200 rushing yards a season type back right now

Sure. If he runs the ball 300 times.

Steron
09-16-2014, 10:33 AM
For week 3 with Charles out? Sure, he's on my waiver claim right meow.

Yep. I'm #1 in waiver priority this week. I'm dropping Gerhart for him. My other RBs are Lacy, Pierce, and Stacy.

loochy
09-16-2014, 10:35 AM
Miles Davis has the agility of Barry Sanders, the size of Christian Okoye, the top speed of Bo Jackson, and the intangibles of Marcus Allen.

He is the GOAT.