PDA

View Full Version : Science Dino vs Reptile

Holladay
09-17-2014, 06:25 PM
What is the difference?

I googled it and came up with a bunch of mumbo jumbo. Warm blooded dino's?? Cold blooded rep's. The placement of hip joints. Feathers. Rep's on 4 legs where as Dino 2. Food...some Dino's eat plants and meat...rep's eat only meat??????

I look at a 'gater, turtle, snake, lizard and think dino ancestor. I look at birds and do not think dino ancestor.

Is there an easy answer?

Sorter
09-17-2014, 06:28 PM
Birds = Dinosaurs.

Dem bones bruh

Sorter
09-17-2014, 06:29 PM
Additionally, not all herps just eat meat. Turtles and Google are your friends

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-17-2014, 06:29 PM
Johnny Manziel !

cosmo20002
09-17-2014, 06:31 PM
What is the difference?

I googled it and came up with a bunch of mumbo jumbo. Warm blooded dino's?? Cold blooded rep's. The placement of hip joints. Feathers. Rep's on 4 legs where as Dino 2. Food...some Dino's eat plants and meat...rep's eat only meat??????

I look at a 'gater, turtle, snake, lizard and think dino ancestor. I look at birds and do not think dino ancestor.

Is there an easy answer?

Dinosaurs are a type of reptile.
Modern-day species may not exhibit all of the same characteristics.

hometeam
09-17-2014, 06:33 PM
Reptiles and birds are closer relations than you might think.

listopencil
09-17-2014, 06:40 PM
Dinosaurs are extinct. Reptiles aren't.

Coochie liquor
09-17-2014, 07:03 PM
All I know is there's tons of lizards in Florida, and no dinosaurs (except for the old people)

TrebMaxx
09-17-2014, 07:13 PM
There's a reason for the old saying "Taste like chicken".

notorious
09-17-2014, 07:53 PM
Paulie: "The amazing thing about snakes is that they reproduce spontaneously."

Tony: "What do you mean?"

Paulie: "They have both male and female sex organs. That's why somebody you don't trust, you call a snake. How can you trust a go who can literally go fuck themself?"

Tony: "Don't you think that expression would come from the Adam and Eve story. When the snake tempted Eve to bite the apple?"

Paulie: "Hey snakes were fucking themselves long before Adam and Eve showed up, T."

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-17-2014, 08:01 PM
Dinosaurs exhibit characteristics common to birds and reptiles. Most paleontologists now believe that many dinosaurs had feathers while young, even T. rex. They exhibited physiology consistent with endotherms, which again is closer linked to birds than reptiles.

Dave Lane
09-17-2014, 08:21 PM
The evolution of birds is thought to have begun in the Jurassic Period, with the earliest birds derived from a clade of theropoda dinosaurs named Paraves. Birds are categorized as a biological class, Aves. The earliest known is Archaeopteryx lithographica, from the Late Jurassic period, though Archaeopteryx is not commonly considered to have been a true bird. Modern phylogenies place birds in the dinosaur clade Theropoda. According to the current consensus, Aves and a sister group, the order Crocodilia, together are the sole living members of an unranked "reptile" clade, the Archosauria.

Phylogenetically, Aves is usually defined as all descendants of the most recent common ancestor of a specific modern bird species (such as the House Sparrow, Passer domesticus), and either Archaeopteryx,[1] or some prehistoric species closer to Neornithes (to avoid the problems caused by the unclear relationships of Archaeopteryx to other theropods).[2] If the latter classification is used then the larger group is termed Avialae. Currently, the relationship between dinosaurs, Archaeopteryx, and modern birds is still under debate.

On 31 July 2014, scientists reported details of the evolution of birds from theropod dinosaurs.[3][4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_birds

Dave Lane
09-17-2014, 08:25 PM
A new study led by an Adelaide scientist has revealed how massive, meat-eating, ground-dwelling dinosaurs − the theropods − evolved into agile flyers: they just kept shrinking and shrinking, for over 50 million years.

A few days ago, in the journal Science, the researchers present a detailed family tree of these dinosaurs and their bird descendants which maps out this unlikely transformation.
They showed that the branch of theropod dinosaurs which gave rise to modern birds were the only dinosaurs that kept getting inexorably smaller. These bird ancestors also evolved new adaptations (such as feathers, wishbones and wings) four times faster than other dinosaurs.

"Birds evolved through a unique phase of sustained miniaturisation in dinosaurs," says lead author Associate Professor Michael Lee, from the University of Adelaide's School of Earth and Environmental Sciences and the South Australian Museum.

"Being smaller and lighter in the land of giants, with rapidly evolving anatomical adaptations, provided these bird ancestors with new ecological opportunities, such as the ability to climb trees, glide and fly. Ultimately, this evolutionary flexibility helped birds survive the deadly meteorite impact which killed off all their dinosaurian cousins."
The study examined over 1500 anatomical traits of dinosaurs to reconstruct their family tree. The researchers used sophisticated mathematical modelling to trace evolving adaptions and changing body size over time and across dinosaur branches.
The international team also included Gareth Dyke and Darren Naish (both from the University of Southampton) and Andrea Cau (from the University of Bologna and Museo Geologico Giovanni Capellini).

"Studies of bipedal carnivorous dinosaurs − such as Tyrannosaurus rex and Velociraptor − keep finding more and more bird-like traits, such as feathers, wishbones, hollow skeletons and a three-fingered hand," says Associate Professor Lee.

The study concluded that the branch of dinosaurs leading to birds was more evolutionary innovative than other dinosaur lineages. "Birds out-shrank and out-evolved their dinosaurian ancestors, surviving where their larger, less evolvable relatives could not," says Associate Professor Lee.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/07/140731145412.htm

eDave
09-17-2014, 08:53 PM
DINO'S ARE DEAD MAN!

RealSNR
09-17-2014, 08:57 PM
http://www.dinoshp.com/images/home_images1.jpg

Holladay
09-17-2014, 09:55 PM
Jees Dave, I spent 30 min "trying" to research via google. No school class, just curious...as kids, have always wondered why a croc is not a dino.

You came up with nice ideas!

Thanks

No gonna throw you for a loop...did Adam and Eve have a belly button?

I know your views on religion.....just giving you crap:)

Demonpenz
09-17-2014, 10:22 PM
Down at Dino's bar and grill. The drink will flow and the blood will spill.

TLO
09-17-2014, 11:12 PM
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100612224010/heyarnold/images/3/3e/Dino_Spumoni.jpg

L.A. Chieffan
09-17-2014, 11:29 PM
God I miss sopranos

rico
09-17-2014, 11:56 PM
Dino:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f7/Dino_from_%22The_Flintstones%22.gif

Reptile:

http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/games/umk3/reptile/bio.gif.

I don't see why it's so difficult to differentiate between the 2.