PDA

View Full Version : Poop Set out antifreeze, or rent will be raised. Feed strays, and get evicted.

luv
09-19-2014, 09:14 PM
http://www.ozarksfirst.com/story/d/story/investigation-underway-after-letter-asks-tenants-t/38119/EAYl-RNlmkiq439zB96nog

UPDATE
STONE COUNTY, Mo. -- Several state agencies, in conjunction with Stone County Law Enforcement, are investigating at a mobile home park near Reeds Spring after tenants received letters asking them to poison cats with antifreeze.

According to the Branson Tri-Lakes Humane Society, an investigation was launched Thursday at the White Eagle Woods Mobile Home Park near Reeds Spring.

The letters were put in tenants' mailboxes. The note threatened that if the stray cat problem didn't get better, rent would increase.

The letter says anyone found feeding a stray cat will face immediate eviction.

KOLR10 tried to get a hold of the White Eagle Woods office, but hasn't heard back.

PREVIOUS COVERAGE
REEDS SPRING, Mo. -- A letter sent to Reeds Spring neighbors asks them to poison stray cats.

Someone put the letters in mailboxes at the White Eagle Woods Mobile Home Park. KOLR10 obtained a copy of the letter. Whoever wrote it says beginning the first of October, they would like to begin an "all out assault" on all stray cats. It says neighbors can help clean up the stray cat problem by "leaving a bowl of antifreeze out" to poison the cats.

"This was in my mailbox," said Bill, who is a resident at White Eagle Woods Mobile Home Park. "But I heard about it before I ever saw it"

Three stray cats gathered to share a snack on the porch of a rental unit at the White Eagle Woods Mobile Home Park. But someone at the mobile home park wants the cats gone.

"That fellow is threatening to raise our rent if we don't poison these cats," said Bill.

Bill preferred not to give us his last name, but says he's lived in the mobile home park for 18 years. He says this letter is something he wouldn't ever expect to receive in his mailbox.

"No, never," he said. And I don't really want to get anything like it ever again."

The letter, which other residents tell us they received as well, explains that the mobile home park is trying to get rid of stray cats.

The letter says, in part, "Beginning the first of October, we will begin an all out assault on all stray cats. So keep your own pet indoors. LAST WARNING. All residents can help clean up the stray cat problem by leaving a bowl of antifreeze out to poison this ever increasing problem."

"My wife and I were just shocked," said Bill. "Amazed, horrified-- even brought to the point of tears."

The note goes on to say that if the stray cat problem is not eliminated, rent will increase for residents there.

"I think it's atrocious," Bill said. "I think it's not right."

The note says anyone found feeding a stray cat will face immediate eviction. He says while he's unsure if anyone is actually going through with the poisoning, what he does know, is no one in his household will be participating.

"He's wasting his time asking me," Bill said. "Because I am having no part."

The letter was sent out by White Eagle Woods, LLC. KOLR10 News tried going by the office, but no one was there.

KOLR10 News left a message with the Branson Tri-Lakes Humane Society. We are hoping to hear back from them.

luv
09-19-2014, 09:20 PM
The letter...

TribalElder
09-19-2014, 09:25 PM
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvi4wbq9rM1qch9gxo1_250.gif

Dave Lane
09-19-2014, 09:42 PM
Thought it might actually be a Chiefsplanet person but there's no mention of the Aids tree.

TimBone
09-19-2014, 09:48 PM
I guarantee the person in charge of that trailer park frequents CP.

Canofbier
09-20-2014, 12:14 AM
Antifreeze does seem like it would be the correct solution for getting rid of cool cats.

Chief Roundup
09-20-2014, 12:24 AM
Somebody just lost their job.

Eleazar
09-20-2014, 05:24 AM
Probably some disgruntled resident

Sassy Squatch
09-20-2014, 06:03 AM
That's some fucked up shit...

Coochie liquor
09-20-2014, 06:38 AM
The memo should have said they need to give it to other members of the trailer park community!

BlackHelicopters
09-20-2014, 06:42 AM
Wrong on so many levels

Rausch
09-20-2014, 06:55 AM
Sounds legit to me...

BigBeauford
09-20-2014, 07:16 AM
Bob Barker can get on board with this

Dave Lane
09-20-2014, 01:36 PM
Bob Barker can get on board with this