PDA

View Full Version : Life What's your biggest regret in life?

Bruiser
09-20-2014, 12:47 AM
Go.

TimBone
09-20-2014, 12:48 AM
ENTERING THIS THREAD

Bruiser
09-20-2014, 12:49 AM
ENTERING THIS THREAD

I knew that would be the first reply. The humor in this place has gone to hell.

vailpass
09-20-2014, 12:55 AM
Could have peeked at Beyonce in the shower on one of my brother's tour buses. Didn't.

Ming the Merciless
09-20-2014, 12:58 AM
Picking the chiefs to pin my hopes and dreams on as "my" team 30+ years ago

Pushead2
09-20-2014, 01:00 AM
Your mom...

Discuss Thrower
09-20-2014, 01:02 AM
Even though OP is a troll, I shall answer this question.

It's pretty hard to answer really. There are a few things that qualify as big regrets.

One would be specific instances where I didn't spend time with my great-grandparents and grandparents.

Another would be an entire period of time in which I could have practiced golf yet chose to play videogames and shit.

Then there are a bunch of branching regrets. Not being a good student in high school. Not trying out for basketball as a freshman. Not staying with football past freshman year. Not being a lazy smartass through high school. Not majoring in business in college. Not being a weird, non-drinking fuck my first year in college...

rico
09-20-2014, 01:21 AM
Going to a private college and majoring in Psychology.

Direckshun
09-20-2014, 01:26 AM
I have a couple. But I only share them with rico.

eDave
09-20-2014, 02:04 AM
No regrets. None.

Well, maybe not taking my musical talents seriously earlier.

rico
09-20-2014, 02:12 AM
I have a couple. But I only share them with rico.

Which is why my biggest regret in life is my biggest regret in life. Direckshun be blowin' up my phone like whoa, yo. It's exhausting.

09-20-2014, 02:45 AM
The Chiefs. LMAO

Coochie liquor
09-20-2014, 04:35 AM
Spending the last 4 years of my sons life working and commuting 15+ hours a day. Was good when the money was rolling in, but I'll never get the missed opportunities to spend more time with him back.

58-4ever
09-20-2014, 06:46 AM
2014 royals

Saulbadguy
09-20-2014, 07:39 AM
Dropping out of high school.

Mama Hip Rockets
09-20-2014, 07:43 AM
Watching the Royals game last night.

lewdog
09-20-2014, 07:45 AM
Watching the Royals game last night.

+1

Lonewolf Ed
09-20-2014, 07:51 AM
Given my current battle and situation, my regrets have shed from me. I remember the things that I have regretted, but they no longer sting, burn, or bother me. If things progress poorly for me in my battle with cancer, I would regret changing how I am in that I no longer cared about my friend's problems, or if my parents outlived me. My dad is 86 until the end of November and my mother turned 92 back in May. My brother is here with me during chemo weeks, but he is not my mother's son as we have the same father. It is the worst of all things to lose a child, and it would be worst for my mother since I am her only one. Initially, that was my main reason for undergoing chemo in hopes of outliving them both.

Now, however, since I have felt good after my third round and I don't need my anti-nausea meds here on day 4 since my stomach is grumbling at me to be fed, I bet that cancer is taking the beating with this chemo stuff and not me so much. On Wednesday, I saw the actual doctor and she said my blood counts are very good and that means my immune system is strong. That is my warrior, my inner Viking, and he has engaged my enemy, the foul unwelcome intruder. I ask for all the prayers I can get from here, from my family, and friends whom I have met and not met. If I can beat this by having God glorify Himself through me with physical healing, then the docs are going to be baffled and maybe have to rewrite the books a little. Then maybe the next person who comes in with the condition I had will not have to hear about how without treament, you will die in 10 weeks and with it, the best you can hope for is another 3 years. Maybe that will change.

And my biggest hope is that maybe someone without faith or with shaky faith will see how I faced this horror no matter if I live or die, and maybe that someone will turn to God with a new open heart and see what having faith can do.

sd4chiefs
09-20-2014, 07:59 AM
That time at a party when I got really drunk and made a complete fool of myself.

BucEyedPea
09-20-2014, 08:16 AM
I can't tell.

Sandy Vagina
09-20-2014, 08:19 AM
smoking cigs at age 16 and continuing to do so... wretched habit..

Simply Red
09-20-2014, 08:45 AM
Sometimes I wish I'd have had kids. :/

Simply Red
09-20-2014, 08:46 AM
That time at a party when I got really drunk and made a complete fool of myself.

I've done that - I showed a neighbor my penis at a party at my house, once.

It was around 5 yrs ago - after my divorce.

Lonewolf Ed
09-20-2014, 08:53 AM
I've done that - I showed a neighbor my penis at a party at my house, once.

It was around 5 yrs ago - after my divorce.

Divorce? What was she thinking? She won't find a more lovable scoundrel than you. She will regret it.

Simply Red
09-20-2014, 08:56 AM
Divorce? What was she thinking? She won't find a more lovable scoundrel than you. She will regret it.

doesn't matter - I'm well over her and have been for quite some time ;)

Ty though.

Katipan
09-20-2014, 09:04 AM

Ty though.

Lets start a club with matching jackets.

I mean, my marriage is an obvious answer. But my life is so twirly happy now, would I have ever gotten to this point without that trainwreck?

There was this one haircut... (shudder)

Lonewolf Ed
09-20-2014, 09:11 AM

Ty though.

Good for you. Was she hot, though?

BWillie
09-20-2014, 09:39 AM
Not getting serious about playing poker until 2011, yet I was exposed to it in college in 05 with the necessary resources. So instead of playing in the easiest games in the face of the planet from 05 - 09, I worked in a cubicle. Probably cost me close to a million dollars

MikeMaslowski
09-20-2014, 09:43 AM
Joining the Army because of watching too much of Wolf Blitzers child raping Santa Clause beard after 9/11. 14 years later, a broken back, limited mobility, a few dead friends and a little more knowledge of who the "terrorists" really are...Smooth move.

Oh, and getting a Bachelor's in General Studies...oops.

Dayze
09-20-2014, 09:44 AM
Skating by in high school. Barely graduating. Not because I'm stupid, just uninterested in most of the subjects being taught, I wish I would've just sucked it up. I also wish I would've developed better study habits so to speaks, as early as elementary school.

WhawhaWhat
09-20-2014, 09:50 AM
Going to college and paying for it by myself. Student loans are a racket sponsored by the gov't.

BWillie
09-20-2014, 09:52 AM
Skating by in high school. Barely graduating. Not because I'm stupid, just uninterested in most of the subjects being taught, I wish I would've just sucked it up. I also wish I would've developed better study habits so to speaks, as early as elementary school.

Really? Why? I doubt studying more in HS would have translated to anything different. I actually wish I tried alot less in HS. I mean what was the point, my 3.8 gpa didn't matter for shit in the grand scheme of things. Im no smarter than anybody else in the real world, I can just take book tests. Well whoopty doo. Its better to be good at life than book smart

BWillie
09-20-2014, 09:58 AM
Joining the Army because of watching too much of Wolf Blitzers child raping Santa Clause beard after 9/11. 14 years later, a broken back, limited mobility, a few dead friends and a little more knowledge of who the "terrorists" really are...Smooth move.

Oh, and getting a Bachelor's in General Studies...oops.

I would love to know more about your experiences. I usually don't hear ex military admit that to themselves. Your service and sacrifices though are greatly appreciated

rico
09-20-2014, 10:03 AM
I dated my wife for a few months when I was 19... I was a drunken party dog back then. It was 12 years ago. We broke up for 5-6 years before getting back together. I wish I would have taken our relationship more seriously back then. I wish we would have never broken up.

Prison Bitch
09-20-2014, 10:29 AM
Waiting so long to have children

cosmo20002
09-20-2014, 10:49 AM
Regrets--I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption

I planned each charted course
Each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this
I did it MY WAY

Yes there were times I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew
But through it all when there was doubt
I ate it up and spit it out, I faced it all
And I stood tall and did it MY WAY

Bruiser
09-20-2014, 11:04 AM
Not hitting the weight room hard enough in HS - Could have been a much better athlete.
Maybe studying TOO much instead of building more friendships early in college - odd one I know.

ClevelandBronco
09-20-2014, 11:05 AM
No regrets. None.

Well, maybe not taking my musical talents seriously earlier.

Same.

No regrets. None.

Well, maybe that eDave didn't take his musical talents seriously earlier.

Reaper16
09-20-2014, 11:10 AM
Swapping out City In Turmoil for Defenseless Beach at the DBZ CCG Regionals in 2000 after playtesting against too many beatdown decks leading up to the event.

In58men
09-20-2014, 11:10 AM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/20/4d6ac62543055dc838629be92afa215b.jpg

lewdog
09-20-2014, 11:12 AM
Maybe studying TOO much instead of building more friendships early in college - odd one I know.

Oddly enough this fits me too. Not that I wasn't partying and drinking but I missed doing some things at times in college because of studying and worrying about classwork that I spent too much time doing. Oh, and dating a girl most of my undergrad. I should have just been single instead.

beach tribe
09-20-2014, 11:33 AM
#1 Quitting my MMA training in my early 20's and not at least making an attempt to be a professional fighter.

#2 Not being more serious about trying to form a real band. (or like eDave, not taking my musical talents more serious) I have the pipes of a Rock God.

beach tribe
09-20-2014, 11:36 AM

I'm really sorry you had to go through that. Seriously.

beach tribe
09-20-2014, 11:44 AM
Not getting serious about playing poker until 2011, yet I was exposed to it in college in 05 with the necessary resources. So instead of playing in the easiest games in the face of the planet from 05 - 09, I worked in a cubicle. Probably cost me close to a million dollars

I don't understand what you mean by this.
Are you a pro player now?

beach tribe
09-20-2014, 11:46 AM
Where is hometeam???

I think he has one..:D

beach tribe
09-20-2014, 11:49 AM
Could have peeked at Beyonce in the shower on one of my brother's tour buses. Didn't.

Who is your brother?

SAUTO
09-20-2014, 11:49 AM
smoking cigs at age 16 and continuing to do so... wretched habit..

Slave.

Hypocrite.
Posted via Mobile Device

BWillie
09-20-2014, 12:03 PM
I don't understand what you mean by this.
Are you a pro player now?
Yeah, I filed as a pro last year. And games were waaaaay better when I didnt play. Basically there was a 4 year window where ppl were just down right terrible and giving money away. Those ppl have all either quit or probably just play fantasy football on draft kings or something. But instead I chose to work in a cubicle. **** me.

Kidd Lex
09-20-2014, 12:05 PM
Really? Why? I doubt studying more in HS would have translated to anything different. I actually wish I tried alot less in HS. I mean what was the point, my 3.8 gpa didn't matter for shit in the grand scheme of things. Im no smarter than anybody else in the real world, I can just take book tests. Well whoopty doo. Its better to be good at life than book smart

Can attest, 1.6 gpa has never been brought up throughout my corporate ascension. My soul is mia however....

Easy 6
09-20-2014, 12:08 PM
I have so many regrets its crazy, but the two biggest would have to be losing my family to divorce and not staying in the Army for 15-20 years so I could have that retirement money and benefits, yet still would've been young enough to start another career.

Red Dawg
09-20-2014, 12:11 PM
Marriage. I love my family but getting older now and rather be on my own instead of worrying about kids and college and cars and everything else.

Kidd Lex
09-20-2014, 12:12 PM
My only regrets involve not living in the moment. Im one of six children, and I'm filled with nostalgic thoughts of my life 10-16, where the world was just better in that all of us kids were under one roof, and having friends over meant capture the flag and tecmo bowl.

Life was the shit back then, and I was in too big a hurry to grow up and kind of missed really soaking it all in.

I have two healthy toddlers, so I'm going to enjoy the heck out of them and not take it for granted if at all possible.

BucEyedPea
09-20-2014, 12:20 PM
Going to a private college and majoring in Psychology.

Don't worry it's one of the lowest paying majors.

BucEyedPea
09-20-2014, 12:21 PM
I never regretted anything in life but I have two both trusting the wrong people leading to bad consequences.

Discuss Thrower
09-20-2014, 12:21 PM
I regret pretty much everything from 2003 onward.

I regret sleeping with probably the closest female friend I've ever had.

Dumping my easily controllable girlfriend my senior year probably wasn't a smart move in retrospect.

Not working any sort of job during college clearly was a major fuckup considering no one takes my three years of freelance work as enough experience for anything beside a position as a fry cook.

scho63
09-20-2014, 12:30 PM
1. Never taking my Mom to Europe before she died. I regret that over and over again.

2. Never saving any money-I piss away money like water and still at age 51 I am reckless with money even though I make over 100K a year. Really a shame.

3. Driving like a complete asshole when I was young that resulted in at least 40 speeding tickets, cost me my license several times and I probably paid in excess of $10,000 in fines and fees and increased insurance costs

Kaepernick
09-20-2014, 12:36 PM
I had Miley Cyrus in my sights and didn't take the shot. Head shot too! :banghead:

Discuss Thrower
09-20-2014, 12:37 PM
I had Miley Cyrus in my sights and didn't take the shot. Head shot too! :banghead:

Enjoy your upcoming chit-chat with the Feds, buddy.

Hammock Parties
09-20-2014, 12:38 PM
No regrets.

SAUTO
09-20-2014, 12:40 PM
Enjoy your upcoming chit-chat with the Feds, buddy.
He was talking about his dick.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mennonite
09-20-2014, 12:43 PM
I've fucked up millions of times, but there is no point in worrying about things you can't change. You don't get clean by wallowing in shit.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HfSbZuhOBso" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rico
09-20-2014, 12:43 PM
Don't worry it's one of the lowest paying majors.

LMAO

Well that eases the blow a bit. Thank you!

And at a private college. Student loans up the ass.

Kaepernick
09-20-2014, 12:45 PM
Given my current battle and situation, my regrets have shed from me. I remember the things that I have regretted, but they no longer sting, burn, or bother me. If things progress poorly for me in my battle with cancer, I would regret changing how I am in that I no longer cared about my friend's problems, or if my parents outlived me. My dad is 86 until the end of November and my mother turned 92 back in May. My brother is here with me during chemo weeks, but he is not my mother's son as we have the same father. It is the worst of all things to lose a child, and it would be worst for my mother since I am her only one. Initially, that was my main reason for undergoing chemo in hopes of outliving them both.

Now, however, since I have felt good after my third round and I don't need my anti-nausea meds here on day 4 since my stomach is grumbling at me to be fed, I bet that cancer is taking the beating with this chemo stuff and not me so much. On Wednesday, I saw the actual doctor and she said my blood counts are very good and that means my immune system is strong. That is my warrior, my inner Viking, and he has engaged my enemy, the foul unwelcome intruder. I ask for all the prayers I can get from here, from my family, and friends whom I have met and not met. If I can beat this by having God glorify Himself through me with physical healing, then the docs are going to be baffled and maybe have to rewrite the books a little. Then maybe the next person who comes in with the condition I had will not have to hear about how without treament, you will die in 10 weeks and with it, the best you can hope for is another 3 years. Maybe that will change.

And my biggest hope is that maybe someone without faith or with shaky faith will see how I faced this horror no matter if I live or die, and maybe that someone will turn to God with a new open heart and see what having faith can do.

One of the hardest parts of watching my baby brother die at 39 from advanced liver cancer, was his Agnosticism. As a result, he felt really cheated in life to die so young, which on the face of it is true. But I have heard from others with deep Christian Faith, they accepted their fate and know they are going to a better place. For my brother, he thought he was just going back to the dirt, so he was pretty bitter about that.

I wish he had a strong Christian Faith to help him through. So unfortunate.

This reminds me of a genuine regret I have in life.

My baby brother came back to Sacramento to live for a couple of years before he found a new job in Seattle and went back. We spent 2 days in Banff and he had been dying to go back ever since, and I was dying to take him. But I was so busy with my job, I never found time in those 2 summers to take him back to Banff and Jasper for 2 weeks.

I really regret that I did not MAKE THE TIME, or tell my employer to go to hell and I was taking vacation. They would have let me go, I just had heavy workloads and I felt that I could not spare a 2 or 3 week vacation those years, so it was my call, and I really regret it now.

To be fair, I thought he would live to be 80 and we could go back in my retirement. He didn't drink, smoke, drink coffee and never touched drugs. 16 years older, I expected to go long before him. So this is all hindsight. Who could have expected he would die at 39?

Still, I really regret not taking him to Banff. He was depressed about being stuck in Sacramento again and it would have been a great relief for him and a great memory for me.

If we all knew when we are to die, we would all probably live our lives differently.

Lonewolf Ed
09-20-2014, 01:36 PM
One of the hardest parts of watching my baby brother die at 39 from advanced liver cancer, was his Agnosticism. As a result, he felt really cheated in life to die so young, which on the face of it is true. But I have heard from others with deep Christian Faith, they accepted their fate and know they are going to a better place. For my brother, he thought he was just going back to the dirt, so he was pretty bitter about that.

My baby brother came back to Sacramento to live for a couple of years before he found a new job in Seattle and went back. We spent 2 days in Banff and he had been dying to go back ever since, and I was dying to take him. But I was so busy with my job, I never found time in those 2 summers to take him back to Banff and Jasper for 2 weeks.

I really regret that I did not MAKE THE TIME, or tell my employer to go to hell and I was taking vacation. They would have let me go, I just had heavy workloads and I felt that I could not spare a 2 or 3 week vacation those years, so it was my call, and I really regret it now.

To be fair, I thought he would live to be 80 and we could go back in my retirement. He didn't drink, smoke, drink coffee and never touched drugs. 16 years older, I expected to go long before him. So this is all hindsight. Who could have expected he would die at 39?

Still, I really regret not taking him to Banff. He was depressed about being stuck in Sacramento again and it would have been a great relief for him and a great memory for me.

If we all knew when we are to die, we would all probably live our lives differently.

That has to be tough for you and I hope you can let the sting of it fade as time goes on. Don't hold on to it, just learn from it and go from there. God bless you.

Buehler445
09-20-2014, 02:02 PM
Eh. I have several. Most are pretty insignificant, just things I wish I had or hadn't done.

There are a few girls I wish I would have emptied my nuts on, a few opportunities I wish I'd taken, several job interviews I wish I had, a couple jobs I wish I didn't take. A bunch of dumbass shit I wish I wouldn't have done. And mostly a whole pile of money I wouldn't have spent on low return goods and a few investments I wish I'd made with that money.

It's all part of learning. If you don't regret anything there is no opportunity to learn from and improve upon.

vailpass
09-20-2014, 02:09 PM
Who is your brother?

Nobody you would know. He owns a fleet of tour buses based in Nashville that haul artists on tour.

Ming the Merciless
09-20-2014, 02:15 PM
One of the hardest parts of watching my baby brother die at 39 from advanced liver cancer, was his Agnosticism.

A very strong point in my life for me, was when my father died. He was agnostic and even anti religious as long as I remember...I don't remember him ever even really talking about anything remotely spiritual.....in a positive fashion

Needless to say it was surprising, when my father (a man of few words, a no bullshit farmer, man of action) was terminally ill and on the last day of his life, opened his eyes really wide and said "I see God!", happy, and then took his last breath.

BucEyedPea
09-20-2014, 03:11 PM
I never regretted anything in life but I have two both trusting the wrong people leading to bad consequences.

And those didn't happen until one in 2003 and the other around 2005.

Reerun_KC
09-20-2014, 03:14 PM
Being a Chiefs fan...

luv
09-20-2014, 03:25 PM
Not getting into fitness 20 years ago.

PRIEST
09-20-2014, 03:26 PM
Chiefs & married the wrong girl!!

beach tribe
09-20-2014, 03:53 PM
Can attest, 1.6 gpa has never been brought up throughout my corporate ascension. My soul is mia however....

Ds get Degrees.

beach tribe
09-20-2014, 03:53 PM
Nobody you would know. He owns a fleet of tour buses based in Nashville that haul artists on tour.

Still very Cool.

beach tribe
09-20-2014, 03:54 PM
Yeah, I filed as a pro last year. And games were waaaaay better when I didnt play. Basically there was a 4 year window where ppl were just down right terrible and giving money away. Those ppl have all either quit or probably just play fantasy football on draft kings or something. But instead I chose to work in a cubicle. **** me.

Sorry you missed out on that chump cheddar, my man.

Discuss Thrower
09-20-2014, 03:56 PM

2.4 high school GPA, 3.2 college GPA over six years, two colleges with one degree and no real job.

Gotta love this post-peak, pre-automation American economy.

MOhillbilly
09-20-2014, 03:56 PM
I regret that I missed the capitalist casualties show on Easter 91.

Also I regret that Sheet Terror didn't show either time I traveled to see them.

vailpass
09-20-2014, 04:09 PM
Still very Cool.

I'm proud of him. He started off driving one and built his own business into a fleet. I used to ride with him for a couple nights of a tour every now and again. Saw some interesting shit, meet some interesting people...

beach tribe
09-20-2014, 04:11 PM
2.4 high school GPA, 3.2 college GPA over six years, two colleges with one degree and no real job.

Awesome ain't it?
Bout' the same here.

Discuss Thrower
09-20-2014, 04:14 PM
Awesome ain't it?
Bout' the same here.

Yep. And apparently asking for anything more than 20k in salary is too much.

bevischief
09-20-2014, 04:17 PM
ENTERING THIS THREAD

This...:cuss:

mdchiefsfan
09-20-2014, 04:17 PM
http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q561/Aequitas009/6C6EDA04-354B-47DC-B526-5B9BFAFA1DA4_zpstxofiutv.jpg (http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/Aequitas009/media/6C6EDA04-354B-47DC-B526-5B9BFAFA1DA4_zpstxofiutv.jpg.html)

It's my credo. Naw m'saying?

Buzz
09-20-2014, 04:21 PM

One of my favorite songs.

<IFRAME height=360 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/u1JBSQMkQEo?feature=player_embedded" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Kaepernick
09-20-2014, 04:39 PM
That has to be tough for you and I hope you can let the sting of it fade as time goes on. Don't hold on to it, just learn from it and go from there. God bless you.

It hit my 2nd brother hard. He was 8 years older than the baby.

It didn't sting that bad for me. I knew it was coming and what can you do. I am a lot more mad than sad, and I think of him like DAILY. So many things remind me of him in the course of the day that I am always thinking of him. Really spoiled my plans with all the time I was hoping to spend with him after I retired and now that is just...

Gone. All gone.

At the end of the day, it is in God's hands and if he needed a jazz guitarist back that bad to fill out his Heavenly quartet, then what the hell am I going to say? I doth protest too much.

I will say this. When a person passes too young, it is really hell on the living they leave behind. So very much reminds you of them, and there is an empty need unfulfilled when you can't see them or talk to them or know you COULD see them if you wanted to. Quite a deep hole.

Kaepernick
09-20-2014, 04:42 PM
A very strong point in my life for me, was when my father died. He was agnostic and even anti religious as long as I remember...I don't remember him ever even really talking about anything remotely spiritual.....in a positive fashion

Needless to say it was surprising, when my father (a man of few words, a no bullshit farmer, man of action) was terminally ill and on the last day of his life, opened his eyes really wide and said "I see God!", happy, and then took his last breath.

Amazing, isn't it? As much as you are NEVER prepared for your parents to die, when something like that happens like did with your father, it really helps.

I'm not surprised. These little miracles happen all the time and either we can't see them or rationalize them scientifically. It amazes me how many people need to not believe in miracles when they are right in front of our faces all the time, if we just look.

Kaepernick
09-20-2014, 04:43 PM
Not getting into fitness 20 years ago.

OK, there is a serious regret. I should have stayed in better shape after college. It was a long slow slide but still, I wish I had put more effort into exercise as the years raced by.

Kaepernick
09-20-2014, 04:45 PM

This won't help you today, but rest assured this ends well for you and your generation. The Boomers are all going to die off in bunches and leave a lot of vacant positions behind.

Like I said, that doesn't do you any good today while you are trying to start a career in an economic depression. Recovery my eye, we are in a depression.

Sandy Vagina
09-20-2014, 04:47 PM
OK, there is a serious regret. I should have stayed in better shape after college. It was a long slow slide but still, I wish I had put more effort into exercise as the years raced by.

Still think you are a douchebag when talking Alex Smith, but as a person, you do seem nice. Condolences on the loss of your brother.. a touching story indeed.

mdchiefsfan
09-20-2014, 04:47 PM

That's brutal, man. Sorry to hear that.

Mennonite
09-20-2014, 05:23 PM
This won't help you today, but rest assured this ends well for you and your generation. The Boomers are all going to die off in bunches and leave a lot of vacant positions behind....that will be filled by illegal immigrants, robots, or outsourced.

FYP

My best friends father was in sales for almost 30 years. He lost his job two years ago, and can't find a job making a third of what he made before.

I've always done factory work. When I got my first factory job 14 years ago I started out at $9.80 per hour. You know what the starting salary is at that same company today? $9.80 per hour. And now they've cut the employees benefits, top out pay and raised the price of insurance. it's the same story every where you go. Manufacturing is dead.

The Typical Household, Now Worth a Third Less

The inflation-adjusted net worth for the typical household was $87,992 in 2003. Ten years later, it was only $56,335, or a 36 percent decline, according to a study financed by the Russell Sage Foundation. Those are the figures for a household at the median point in the wealth distribution — the level at which there are an equal number of households whose worth is higher and lower. But during the same period, the net worth of wealthy households increased substantially.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/27/business/the-typical-household-now-worth-a-third-less.html?_r=4

Tribal Warfare
09-20-2014, 05:43 PM
Being a recluse in high school, my father had a caustic attitude towards administrative authority as an ER physician so my family moved multiple times. (upwards of 8 times)

Thus, having to assimilate with a new group of kids and couldn't maintain relationships because of moving all the time( attempting to blend in, with the disadvantage of having stroke without others believing I was mentally retarded because of that affliction was a problem too). The straw that broke the camel's back was being stood up by a group of kids to go to a party as a sophomore. After that I said fuck it.

I just kept my head down and did my time as if it were prison. No dates, no parties, I didn't go to prom because I was so jaded. in fact, my only outlet was posting on the KCStar BB back in the day.

Lonewolf Ed
09-20-2014, 05:54 PM
One of my favorite songs.

<IFRAME height=360 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/u1JBSQMkQEo?feature=player_embedded" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Amen!

ThaVirus
09-20-2014, 06:52 PM
Being a recluse in high school, my father had a caustic attitude towards administrative authority as an ER physician so my family moved multiple times. (upwards of 8 times)

Thus, having to assimilate with a new group of kids and couldn't maintain relationships because of moving all the time( attempting to blend in, with the disadvantage of having stroke without others believing I was mentally retarded because of that affliction was a problem too). The straw that broke the camel's back was being stood up by a group of kids to go to a party as a sophomore. After that I said fuck it.

I just kept my head down and did my time as if it were prison. No dates, no parties, I didn't go to prom because I was so jaded. in fact, my only outlet was posting on the KCStar BB back in the day.

You had a stroke?

Tribal Warfare
09-20-2014, 06:58 PM
You had a stroke?

at birth, partially paralyzing my left side and giving me a seizure disorder.

ThaVirus
09-20-2014, 07:01 PM
at birth, partially paralyzing my left side and giving me a seizure disorder.

I had no idea. Sorry to hear that, bro.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-20-2014, 07:02 PM
The night before our girls were born the doctor looked at the fetal heart rate monitor and said that he didn't notice anything remarkable and we didn't press him on it. I should have been more thorough in asking him questions. I don't know if it would have mattered, but it could have.

Also, just not knowing that our girls were in distress. The logical part of me knows that we couldn't have known, but I still don't forgive myself for not figuring it out somehow.

Mr_Tomahawk
09-20-2014, 07:04 PM
This thread is heavy.

Tribal Warfare
09-20-2014, 07:07 PM
I had no idea. Sorry to hear that, bro.

It's cool, never known anything else in life. Though it has contributed to my thick skin and callus nature when someone becomes suicidal over what I believe are minor issues because the shit I've had to deal with in life. Being bullied and the other stuff I mentioned. I had a seizure during class one time also.

BucEyedPea
09-20-2014, 07:08 PM
LMAO

Well that eases the blow a bit. Thank you!

And at a private college. Student loans up the ass.

Well, I just happened to see it the other day looking at what majors paid the least and most. However, it's better for that major with an advanced degree.

On the other hand, you don't have to be limited to that major for a career. Lots of those majors successfully do other things.

Marcellus
09-20-2014, 07:12 PM
Should have started a micro brewery 10 years ago.

stevieray
09-20-2014, 07:14 PM
savings...that and being nervous about having my youngest daughter at 50, who will be two dec 18...cant imagine life without her...

Hammock Parties
09-20-2014, 07:18 PM
My biggest regret probably happened last year.

I just been hired to head up a struggling company. They hadn't really had any success in a long time, and were looking at me as kind of a savior. They gave me a lot of money and freedom to get the job done, and basically I could do whatever I wanted.

They had just fired their team manager of four years, so I had to find another one to be my second in command. I had my eye on someone I had been wanting to work with for a long time. I thought he was really good at his job, and just needed the right opportunity. He had actually just been replaced at his previous position, but I had a good feeling anyway.

The company had to give up a lot to guy my guy, but I thought it was worth it. He did an OK job, and thought we didn't meet all our goals in his first year with the company, I decided to give him a big raise that would lock him into the company for years to come.

Fast forward to this year. He's fucking everything up. He's probably one of the worst guys at his job in the industry. The company is really struggling. I honestly have no idea what we're going to do now, because we're stuck with him.

Here's his picture. Doesn't he look like an ass?

http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/17/55/35/4118353/3/628x471.jpg

stevieray
09-20-2014, 07:20 PM

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-20-2014, 07:26 PM
Not using a condom on your mom

SAUTO
09-20-2014, 07:30 PM

Damn, sorry for some of the things I have said to you in the past.

Seriously
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
09-20-2014, 07:33 PM
Still think you are a douchebag when talking Alex Smith, but as a person, you do seem nice. Condolences on the loss of your brother.. a touching story indeed.

This may be the one and only time I ever agree with you.

I agree.
Posted via Mobile Device

kcxiv
09-20-2014, 07:34 PM
Main regret is not being a nerd in school. I should have done that over the lets get high route lol

SAUTO
09-20-2014, 07:37 PM
Main regret is not being a nerd in school. I should have done that over the lets get high route lol

I wasn't a nerd but I did well in school.

And a sheriff deputy/security guard and mr. Pittman called my crew the dandelion gang every morning.
But we showed and all got good grades.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kaepernick
09-20-2014, 07:46 PM

Thank you. I actually feel lucky that we had some months of warning. I can't imagine people who lose a loved one young to a drunk driver or in combat or murdered in a crime. That kind of sudden loss -- you have the regrets of not being able to have the time to close up, and say and do things you want to before the person dies.

The biggest horror of cancer is the Uncertainty. You pray for remission and a life extension but it is not guaranteed. When the chemo doesn't work, it is kind of a kick in the nuts.

I'm used to Disney and happy endings so I want to hear the Doctor say the cancer is in remission and you may have several years before it consumes you. Nope. The chemo failed and my brother got hospice care and it is just over so soon and you have absolutely no idea when the person will die.

I was in Sacramento while my entire family was in Seattle caring for my brother, giving him hospice care. I begged them to call me when he was looking grim, so I could comfort him at the end.

They called me on Saturday morning and he died that night while I was probably driving through Portland.

Thing is,6 days before, he went on a dinner/movie date with his ex girlfriend. His liver must have been jelly inside and I have no clue his level of pain because he never complained about it. A week later he is passing blood and breathing his last.

For my family helping him, it was brutal. There is a cast over everybody in the process -- the cancer victim, the family helping, the nurses, the Doctor. It is thickness in the air you can cut with a knife. You try to take a break from it but you can't -- it is always on your mind. How to help the cancer victim and how soon he is going to die, good and bad. Bad because you will miss him terribly, good because he is suffering a lot of discomfort.

Welcome to life. Nobody gets out alive.

Kaepernick
09-20-2014, 07:47 PM

I will say this... When you think about your favorite football team being shitty. There are things that can happen to you way worse than that.

TimeForWasp
09-20-2014, 07:50 PM
I Regret that I have so many things I regret.

mlyonsd
09-20-2014, 07:50 PM
Thank you. I actually feel lucky that we had some months of warning. I can't imagine people who lose a loved one young to a drunk driver or in combat or murdered in a crime. That kind of sudden loss -- you have the regrets of not being able to have the time to close up, and say and do things you want to before the person dies.

The biggest horror of cancer is the Uncertainty. You pray for remission and a life extension but it is not guaranteed. When the chemo doesn't work, it is kind of a kick in the nuts.

I'm used to Disney and happy endings so I want to hear the Doctor say the cancer is in remission and you may have several years before it consumes you. Nope. The chemo failed and my brother got hospice care and it is just over so soon and you have absolutely no idea when the person will die.

I was in Sacramento while my entire family was in Seattle caring for my brother, giving him hospice care. I begged them to call me when he was looking grim, so I could comfort him at the end.

They called me on Saturday morning and he died that night while I was probably driving through Portland.

Thing is,6 days before, he went on a dinner/movie date with his ex girlfriend. His liver must have been jelly inside and I have no clue his level of pain because he never complained about it. A week later he is passing blood and breathing his last.

For my family helping him, it was brutal. There is a cast over everybody in the process -- the cancer victim, the family helping, the nurses, the Doctor. It is thickness in the air you can cut with a knife. You try to take a break from it but you can't -- it is always on your mind. How to help the cancer victim and how soon he is going to die, good and bad. Bad because you will miss him terribly, good because he is suffering a lot of discomfort.

Welcome to life. Nobody gets out alive.As somebody that lost a close family member to cancer this last paragraph is absolutely spot on.

Psyko Tek
09-20-2014, 07:53 PM
I am pushing 50 and fucked up somewhere in the late 90's
was pulling 75k per year got laid off the week before 911
and have never got back to that kind of level
was it the fact I didn't smooze enough ?
all my old friends got decent jobs after that, and nobody got me a job with them,
but they all called me the best back when we worked together
should I have went back for more education ?

I work in the semiconductor industry making capital equipment, and enjoy the hell out of that..
but yeah I wonder what the fuck I did wrong

Kaepernick
09-20-2014, 07:56 PM
I am pushing 50 and ****ed up somewhere in the late 90's
was pulling 75k per year got laid off the week before 911
and have never got back to that kind of level
was it the fact I didn't smooze enough ?
all my old friends got decent jobs after that, and nobody got me a job with them,
but they all called me the best back when we worked together
should I have went back for more education ?

I work in the semiconductor industry making capital equipment, and enjoy the hell out of that..
but yeah I wonder what the **** I did wrong

Just born at the wrong time. A couple of decades earlier and you would have had some loyalty from a company that values you and lets you finish out your career there. Not today. Everybody is disposable. Managers show no loyalty to workers, and then are baffled why employees are not more loyal to them.

I miss the era where people retired with a pension from the same company they started with 30-40 years before.

It is very difficult today. Confusing, demanding, and you are constantly selling yourself.

Rain Man
09-20-2014, 08:04 PM
Mine is pretty minor, but I guess maybe it would be selling my Dell stock in 1992.

Kaepernick
09-20-2014, 08:28 PM
All of my regrets are chickening out and failing to seize opportunities I was been given.

None of my regrets are making mistakes or learning tough lessons.

I don't regret anything I have done. I only regret things I could have done but chickened out or put off.

This is why my greatest delights are the two long, expensive motorcycle tours around the USA that I did not put off until retirement. I did them during my "mid life crisis" and they have been the source of my favorite memories every since.

kcxiv
09-20-2014, 08:30 PM
I wasn't a nerd but I did well in school.

And a sheriff deputy/security guard and mr. Pittman called my crew the dandelion gang every morning.
But we showed and all got good grades.
Posted via Mobile Device

in my day, anyone that did good in school was a nerd! there was no exceptions! lol. I wish i was that! haha

teedubya
09-20-2014, 08:31 PM
I have none. In fact, I even have a tattoo honoring my lack of regerts.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7135438080/h9D2E0187/

Kaepernick
09-20-2014, 08:35 PM
in my day, anyone that did good in school was a nerd! there was no exceptions! lol. I wish i was that! haha

I was very unpopular in high school. I can't tell you how much freedom it gives you in high school when nobody likes you. Nobody disliked me either. I was under the radar. Because I was in no clique, I could hang on the fringes of the nerds and the jocks and then stoner and the cool kids, because nobody feared me ratting them out to some other group.

All I had was studies. It worked out well. I never understood and always felt bad for the kids who goofed off. I knew they were blowing an opportunity to jump start their careers at a young age. I never understood how so many high school kids couldn't see this.

I was never in a hurry to grow up and I realized in high school that I could smoke and drink and swear and **** from the time I was 20 to death in my 70s and 80s, so I never could relate to the race my fellow students were engaged in for all that. I saw them throw away 4 years, that invested would pay off for 50-60 years of career and retirement.

I was definitely a square.

This carried over in to college when I realized on day 1 that I wanted to be an engineer. Meanwhile, most college kids seemed to be half way into their Junior year before they picked a major out of desperation. I never understood how you could go into your Freshman year clueless what you expect to get out of your 4 years of college. What are you aiming for? How can you burn through lower division having no clue and no road map where that is leading you?

Hammock Parties
09-20-2014, 08:37 PM
I was very unpopular in school. I can't tell you how much freedom it gives you in school when nobody likes you. Nobody disliked me either. I was under the radar. Because I was in no clique, I could hang on the fringes of the nerds and the jocks and then stoners and the cool kids, because nobody feared me ratting them out to some other group.

All I had was studies. It worked out well. I never understood and always felt bad for the kids who goofed off. I knew they were blowing an opportunity to jump start their careers at a young age. I never understood how so many kids couldn't see this.

This is pretty much how it was for me. Worked out OK. I was an excellent student. Went to school every day pretty much only focused on learning.

teedubya
09-20-2014, 08:40 PM
I finished 4th in my class at High School... joined the Army in military intelligence, and had a full commission to West Point offered to me that I did not take. I do sometimes think about how life would be if I would have gone to West Point instead of laughing at the idea.

They asked me right after a 13 mile road march or some shit. And I was like fuck the military. 10 years of this shit? FUCK THAT.

RNR
09-20-2014, 08:41 PM
I have none. In fact, I even have a tattoo honoring my lack of regerts.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7135438080/h9D2E0187/

Feeling the need to get that tattoo should at least be a minor regret~

Kaepernick
09-20-2014, 08:43 PM
This is pretty much how it was for me. Worked out OK. I was an excellent student. Went to school every day pretty much only focused on learning.

It was very liberating, wasn't it?

On the one hand, it was frustrating not to be "in" with anybody. You are supposed to be "in". You are trying to fit in and you don't.

But on the other hand, it was just the most free, liberating thing not to be defined, or bound to any group that you had to follow or please. You could plot your own course, and nobody gave you any shit about it.

High school wasn't a lot of fun, but it wasn't absent of fun either. But I guess I was really lucky to be so unpopular, because it left me free to really study and achieve.

Hammock Parties
09-20-2014, 08:46 PM

I wasn't even cognizant of it at the time to be honest with you.

I was also taught not to associate too heavily with "worldly" people at the time, also, so that contributed. My peer group was within the bible-thumping idiots I congregated thrice weekly with. Speaking of regrets...

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-20-2014, 09:14 PM
1) Never should have fucked with hard drugs.

2) Never should have gone to the flea market for Chiefs football in the 90's.

Both have left a shitty welt in my life.

MOhillbilly
09-20-2014, 09:32 PM
live slow, die old, leave an ugly corpse.

More regrets.

Being young and crazy is great.

BWillie
09-20-2014, 09:49 PM

On the one hand, it was frustrating not to be "in" with anybody. You are supposed to be "in". You are trying to fit in and you don't.

But on the other hand, it was just the most free, liberating thing not to be defined, or bound to any group that you had to follow or please. You could plot your own course, and nobody gave you any shit about it.

High school wasn't a lot of fun, but it wasn't absent of fun either. But I guess I was really lucky to be so unpopular, because it left me free to really study and achieve.

You guys must have had way more difficult high schools than me. It took very little studying to achieve any meaningful grade in high school. Im still amazed how easy high school is to get good grades. That quickly changed for me in college when I had to do papers every week and projects and shit. Im absolutely terrible at writing papers and articulating my ideas vs just taking a multiple choice test. I dont see how studying would have held u back socially in HS. You literally have to put in two.hours max away from school in HS.

Buehler445
09-20-2014, 09:56 PM

Ayep. Damn it. And now my knees are shit and I have plantar fasciitis.

The night before our girls were born the doctor looked at the fetal heart rate monitor and said that he didn't notice anything remarkable and we didn't press him on it. I should have been more thorough in asking him questions. I don't know if it would have mattered, but it could have.

Also, just not knowing that our girls were in distress. The logical part of me knows that we couldn't have known, but I still don't forgive myself for not figuring it out somehow.

Man, that's tough. Real damn tough. I'm so damn glad mine is healthy. I still melt down at little coughs and shit.

You guys must have had way more difficult high schools than me. It took very little studying to achieve any meaningful grade in high school. Im still amazed how easy high school is to get good grades. That quickly changed for me in college when I had to do papers every week and projects and shit. Im absolutely terrible at writing papers and articulating my ideas vs just taking a multiple choice test. I dont see how studying would have held u back socially in HS. You literally have to put in two.hours max away from school in HS.

Yeah, dude high school is a joke. Now anyway. Really, most undergrad programs are too. All you have to do is the work. Yeah, you have to study, but it's not like you have to pour your soul into an education. There are some legitimately stupid motherfuckers with a bachelors degree.

The Franchise
09-20-2014, 11:31 PM
1. Didn't give a shit in high school. Graduated with a 2.4 GPA.
2. Fucked with hard drugs....never should have started.
3. Started smoking when I shouldn't have.
4. Got really overweight and have been struggling with it my entire life.
5. Didn't get my degree while I was in the Air Force when it was free.
6. Didn't just stay in the Air Force after 4 years.

vailpass
09-20-2014, 11:43 PM
1. Didn't give a shit in high school. Graduated with a 2.4 GPA.
2. ****ed with hard drugs....never should have started.
3. Started smoking when I shouldn't have.
4. Got really overweight and have been struggling with it my entire life.
5. Didn't get my degree while I was in the Air Force when it was free.
6. Didn't just stay in the Air Force after 4 years.

Change what you can, let go of the rest. Regret nothing, it's all part of the journey. If you don't hold it against you nobody else can...

Jewish Rabbi
09-21-2014, 12:40 AM
Let the girl of my dreams go without a fight. Been three years and I still think about it everyday. Seems like she's happy now so I guess that's a little bit of a silver lining for me.

And if that's my biggest regret in life it doesn't look like I'm doing too bad after reading this thread.

Strongside
09-21-2014, 02:41 AM
1) being a Kansas City sports fan.

2) not doing enough things I regret.

kcxiv
09-21-2014, 03:37 AM
1) Never should have ****ed with hard drugs.

2) Never should have gone to the flea market for Chiefs football in the 90's.

Both have left a shitty welt in my life.

im with you on number 1, but i figure if i would have been a nerd in school, i would have never fucked with drugs period. At least i would like to think that.

kcxiv
09-21-2014, 03:40 AM
I was very unpopular in high school. I can't tell you how much freedom it gives you in high school when nobody likes you. Nobody disliked me either. I was under the radar. Because I was in no clique, I could hang on the fringes of the nerds and the jocks and then stoner and the cool kids, because nobody feared me ratting them out to some other group.

All I had was studies. It worked out well. I never understood and always felt bad for the kids who goofed off. I knew they were blowing an opportunity to jump start their careers at a young age. I never understood how so many high school kids couldn't see this.

I was never in a hurry to grow up and I realized in high school that I could smoke and drink and swear and **** from the time I was 20 to death in my 70s and 80s, so I never could relate to the race my fellow students were engaged in for all that. I saw them throw away 4 years, that invested would pay off for 50-60 years of career and retirement.

I was definitely a square.

This carried over in to college when I realized on day 1 that I wanted to be an engineer. Meanwhile, most college kids seemed to be half way into their Junior year before they picked a major out of desperation. I never understood how you could go into your Freshman year clueless what you expect to get out of your 4 years of college. What are you aiming for? How can you burn through lower division having no clue and no road map where that is leading you?in high school, i was thugging hard. I used to do some really stupid shit, not as stupid as some of my friends, but yeah, alot was just stupid. Then on the weekends, we would party with the white folks (cool as fuck) We used to go to the country and party and drink all night in their barns (tons of ranches out here in central cali)

After HS, kinda stayed the same for a while til one day i was like 24 and i was with some friends partying and some dude tried to shoot another guy over some girl and all hell broke loose. Friend got a bottle broke over the back of his head, then i knocked that dude that hit him out. I heard gunshots, n i grabbed my friend n got the fuck out of dodge. After that night, i said im done. This is stupid. lol

That was the end of my criminal career.

Katipan
09-21-2014, 05:15 AM
Let the girl of my dreams go without a fight. Been three years and I still think about it everyday. Seems like she's happy now so I guess that's a little bit of a silver lining for me.

And if that's my biggest regret in life it doesn't look like I'm doing too bad after reading this thread.

So damn sweet.

J Diddy
09-21-2014, 06:16 AM
There's a 10 way tie for the biggest regret.

bdj23
09-21-2014, 07:22 AM
I should have taken up poker as a profession when I had the bank roll to do so.

ChiTown
09-21-2014, 07:38 AM
I don't know about regrets, but I think a lot about missed opportunities:

"I could have handled that better with my kids...."

"Did I spend enough time with my Boy's this week...."

Mainly things about being a better Father. I have a shit ton of short-comings in that arena, and I recognize them. I try to address them as often as I can so I don't have that as one of my regrets when my kids are one day on their own.

Kaepernick
09-21-2014, 08:10 AM
in high school, i was thugging hard. I used to do some really stupid shit, not as stupid as some of my friends, but yeah, alot was just stupid. Then on the weekends, we would party with the white folks (cool as ****) We used to go to the country and party and drink all night in their barns (tons of ranches out here in central cali)

After HS, kinda stayed the same for a while til one day i was like 24 and i was with some friends partying and some dude tried to shoot another guy over some girl and all hell broke loose. Friend got a bottle broke over the back of his head, then i knocked that dude that hit him out. I heard gunshots, n i grabbed my friend n got the **** out of dodge. After that night, i said im done. This is stupid. lol

That was the end of my criminal career.

You got it just in time. Looks like you avoided a shitload of regrets you were heading for.

I'm very happy for you. That is no life for anybody. Hard life that I can't even imagine. Good for you! I wish you the best.

brucey_72
09-21-2014, 08:20 AM
Biggest regret was turning down a full ride scholarship to Northwestern for pre-law to instead go to BGSU and party with my friends. Where instead of studying I developed a alcohol problem and dropped out of school after 1 year with a 3.8gpa. Alcohol wrecked my life, but I learned from it.

Silverlining is that now I am 2 years sober, working in a Drug and Alcohol Treatment Home and finally starting back up college to get my Bachelor's in Criminal Justice and have a job lined up when I graduate to make 70K starting pay.

Don't get caught up in past regrets, fight through it and preveal. With God's grace you can overcome any obstacle in your way

The_Hound
09-21-2014, 10:49 AM
Biggest regret was turning down a full ride scholarship to Northwestern for pre-law to instead go to BGSU and party with my friends. Where instead of studying I developed a alcohol problem and dropped out of school after 1 year with a 3.8gpa. Alcohol wrecked my life, but I learned from it.

Silverlining is that now I am 2 years sober, working in a Drug and Alcohol Treatment Home and finally starting back up college to get my Bachelor's in Criminal Justice and have a job lined up when I graduate to make 70K starting pay.

Don't get caught up in past regrets, fight through it and preveal. With God's grace you can overcome any obstacle in your way

Yeah bro, count your blessings. God's plan isn't always apparent.

MikeMaslowski
09-21-2014, 11:03 AM
I would love to know more about your experiences. I usually don't hear ex military admit that to themselves. Your service and sacrifices though are greatly appreciated

Hey! What would you like to know?

How about when I was forced to waste 150k on shit our unit DID NOT need while Soldiers were driving soft top Humvees through heavy fire zones in Iraq. I told my unit my feelings and they said if we didn't spend it we would not get a big budget for the following year. I said, who the eff cares if we don't need it? We were a non deploying unit with absolutely no need for that money.

My promotion was later mistakenly skipped over.

or

After a night airborne jump with high winds, hitting the ground and feeling immense fire pain rock my back and being told to tough it out. The hospital gave me pills for 6 years of recurring pain only to find out on the way out the door that I had a fracture and crushed discs and they tried not to pay for the surgery. Oops, guess they missed that.

or

A racist black First Sergeant who started our tour together by telling me to "stop standing around like a slave owner" was allowed to continue managing white troops with a disgusting racist fist of hate. He was a demoralizing tyrant and not like the loveable Gunny but like a terrible piece of shit who tried to ruin every white person in our unit. This one will get many scoffs but it was legitimate and turned into a giant case that was eventually dropped and he got early full retirement with nothing coming back to the troops he purposely harmed.

or... there are many more and I am sure anyone that was in has seen similar cases. The military itself is heroic but there are so many broken pieces that bureaucratically roll over the lives of well meaning citizens who mistakenly signed that paper under false 9/11 pretenses.

Although I regret joining, my life is pretty good. I took my disability and left the US and am living on the beach while limping around...with a hot wife.