PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The way we play in 2014

Chiefs4TheWin
09-21-2014, 06:12 PM
Does anyone else get this weird feeling when watching this team? I haven't seen a more inconsistent team in my life. One second we're watching an offense that's a mirror image of the Matt Cassel era, and the other we're playing like a middle of the road team that with good execution that can win a fair amount football games.

I'm talking quarter to quarter, not even game to game.

Same with the defense. One minute we're watching the career day defense, and the other we're watching a serviceable bend don't break defense.

I just find it so odd that's it's such a roller coaster in single games rather than week to week. It's like they lack motivation every series, then get a pep talk and play like normal.

Oh well, just wondering if anyone else is seeing this.

Mr_Tomahawk
09-21-2014, 06:13 PM
Do people get laid in this thread?

Silock
09-21-2014, 06:15 PM
I find it encouraging that the play calling seems to be leaning toward our strengths. That's miles ahead of the first game.

Mr_Tomahawk
09-21-2014, 06:15 PM
@nfldraftscout: Five playoff teams from 2013 season (Colts, Chiefs, Packers, 49ers, Saints) are all 1-2.

Buehler445
09-21-2014, 06:20 PM
I honestly can't believe we won. We never win in Florida. Ever.

So we got blown the fuck out at home by a crap team.

Hang with the favorites to win the afc in their house and go to Florida and win when it's hot as fuck.

ChiefsChoke010414
09-21-2014, 06:21 PM

So we got blown the **** out at home by a crap team.

Hang with the favorites to win the afc in their house and go to Florida and win when it's hot as ****.

We beat the Jaguars last year. I think that's the last game we had in Florida.

Hoover
Didn't Reid take over the play calling in the Denver game?

notorious
It's become obvious that our backups play better then the "Stars".

I think it changes the way the plays are called.

Chiefs4TheWin
09-21-2014, 06:27 PM
It's become obvious that our backups play better then the "Stars".

I think it changes the way the plays are called.

Bowe comes to mind here. I have no idea what is wrong with this guy. I can sense his laziness through the screen. Yet he remains the #1 receiver.

milkman
09-21-2014, 06:28 PM
Didn't Reid take over the play calling in the Denver game?

Reid has been the playcaller since he walked in the door.

beach tribe
09-21-2014, 06:29 PM
@nfldraftscout: Five playoff teams from 2013 season (Colts, Chiefs, Packers, 49ers, Saints) are all 1-2.

They will all make it except us/CP

beach tribe
09-21-2014, 06:29 PM
Reid has been the playcaller since he walked in the door.

And I'm not impressed.

EDIT: Love the ground n pound approach with this line, though.

It's the only choice we've got IMO.

milkman
09-21-2014, 06:31 PM
And I'm not impressed.

I have never liked Reid as a coach and playcaller.

tecumseh
09-21-2014, 06:39 PM
I just think some plays are easier to run, so we have better positioning on defense and more effiency on offense. Some individual playmakers give me hope. Chiefs have about 1/3 of their roster occupied by JAGs that wouldn't be on most teams. Win or lose, I expect more of the same effort I've seen in weeks 2 and 3.

OldSchool
09-21-2014, 06:41 PM
And I'm not impressed.

Pretty much. Really hope that Reid doesn't get away from this next week.

Mav
09-21-2014, 06:41 PM

So we got blown the fuck out at home by a crap team.

Hang with the favorites to win the afc in their house and go to Florida and win when it's hot as fuck.
Won at jax last year

Molitoth
09-21-2014, 06:58 PM
And I'm not impressed.

Once you become predictable, it's all over.
Keep the defenses guessing and you don't have to choose an offensive "identity".

KCrockaholic
09-21-2014, 07:02 PM
Andy ran the ball today, surprisingly. Maybe he's finally figuring out that's how this team is built.

Buehler445
09-21-2014, 07:02 PM
Won at jax last year

I would barely call what jax was playing football.

OldSchool
09-21-2014, 07:03 PM
Once you become predictable, it's all over.
Keep the defenses guessing and you don't have to choose an offensive "identity".

That's how you get games like week 1. We don't have the Weapons and OL to do anything more than what we did today.

Chiefs4TheWin
09-21-2014, 07:37 PM
That's how you get games like week 1. We don't have the Weapons and OL to do anything more than what we did today.

Andy ran the ball today so much. Living in central PA I know all about how Reid usually calls games. It really shows he gave a crap about winning "this one".

TinyEvel
09-21-2014, 07:48 PM
Andy ran the ball today so much. Living in central PA I know all about how Reid usually calls games. It really shows he gave a crap about winning "this one".

I think he saw Alex get sacked 3 times in the first quarter and the Fins D-line in his face one second after the snap. Then moving to the run and very quick release pass plays. Good adjustment. That crossing route by Kelce on his touchdown was so clean. Great play.

I'm hopeful that as the team gets along, they start to open up the playbook some and work with what they've got as some of you guys have said. Looks like that is happening.