PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Paid Attendance: 70,313

Prison Bitch
09-21-2014, 08:42 PM
From the Miami paper (http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article2198477.html)

What do you think the actual was? About 37,451 with around 1/3 of them wearing Chiefs gear? That was the most sparsely attended game I've seen us play in a while.

jd1020
09-21-2014, 08:44 PM
I actually thought it was pretty empty, granted I was watching a shitty stream but it looked like there was a whole shit load of empty orange and teal seats.

The_Hound
09-21-2014, 08:45 PM
it looked half empty, better things to do on a Sunday than watch an 0-2 and 1-1 team slug it out???

Prison Bitch
09-21-2014, 08:46 PM
Well, I guess I wouldn't have paid for a ticket then. I'd think it's a bit early in the season there to give up in the Dolphins since they were 1-1 and favored today.

chiefqueen
09-21-2014, 08:56 PM
Was it "dress up as an empty seat" day?

GloucesterChief
09-21-2014, 09:26 PM
Plenty of things to do in Miami besides the football game. It is still summer there.

The_Hound
09-21-2014, 09:43 PM
Plenty of things to do in Miami besides the football game. It is still summer there.

damn, i'd love to move there just for the scenery.

Prison Bitch
09-21-2014, 11:21 PM
Paid attendance is stupid. Just report butts in the seats.

ChiTown
09-22-2014, 07:49 AM

As a ku football fan, are you sure about that?

DeathByArrows
09-22-2014, 07:58 AM
I actually thought it was pretty empty, granted I was watching a shitty stream but it looked like there was a whole shit load of empty orange and teal seats.

Miami's stadium is always half empty. Even in their playoff years it's a barren wasteland of orange seats. It's just not a good sports town. Even the Heat have/had droves of empty seats in the regular season, let alone first round playoff games and that's only 20,000~ seats to fill.

Eleazar
09-22-2014, 08:16 AM
Miami is a wealthy and poor city, depending on who you are, and a lot of those seats were sold and will always be sold to the corporate buyers. It's a city with a huge contingent of immigrants, most of whom lack the means to go to a game as well as any attachment to the local team since they didn't grow up there cheering for them. They have the same kind of problem with the Americans there as Jacksonville and Arizona have - the cities have grown at a fantastic rate but no one actually seems to be from there originally. When people move down to Florida for jobs they already have an NFL team and they don't want to adopt that sorry franchise anyway.

Steron
09-22-2014, 08:22 AM
Miami is a wealthy and poor city, depending on who you are, and a lot of those seats were sold and will always be sold to the corporate buyers. It's a city with a huge contingent of immigrants, most of whom lack the means to go to a game as well as any attachment to the local team since they didn't grow up there cheering for them. They have the same kind of problem with the Americans there as Jacksonville and Arizona have - the cities have grown at a fantastic rate but no one actually seems to be from there originally. When people move down to Florida for jobs they already have an NFL team and they don't want to adopt that sorry franchise anyway.

This

Dayze
09-22-2014, 08:22 AM
if I lived in Miami, the last thing I would do would be go to a football game.

of course, I've been to Miami once for about 6 hours and it was enough for me.
I suppose it would be a lot cooler if I had a 7 figure income.

Prison Bitch
09-22-2014, 09:32 AM
As a ku football fan, are you sure about that?

Exactly. Like Snyders last home game: just report the 25k actually there, not some idiotic inflated figure.

Rain Man
09-22-2014, 09:37 AM
if I lived in Miami, the last thing I would do would be go to a football game.

of course, I've been to Miami once for about 6 hours and it was enough for me.
I suppose it would be a lot cooler if I had a 7 figure income.

I bet everything is cooler if you have a 7 figure income.

ChiTown
09-22-2014, 09:38 AM
Exactly. Like Snyders last home game: just report the 25k actually there, not some idiotic inflated figure.

LMAO

You aren't going to give that up, no matter how wrong you are. Besides being a troll, you are also a real dumbass, if you believe that.

Dayze
09-22-2014, 09:40 AM
I bet everything is cooler if you have a 7 figure income.
Good point.

Prison Bitch
09-22-2014, 09:41 AM
You dorks get so angry about it but its true - Snyds last game had terrible attendance. They finished last his final two seasons and your fanbase turned on him. Don't take it personally man, I wouldn't have gone either.

Back to the topic, Miami Dolphins + KU + KSU should all report actuals.

ChiTown
09-22-2014, 10:47 AM
You dorks get so angry about it but its true - Snyds last game had terrible attendance. They finished last his final two seasons and your fanbase turned on him. Don't take it personally man, I wouldn't have gone either.

Obvious troll is trolling. Good work.

BigRedChief
09-22-2014, 06:03 PM
Pure BS. 1/2 full maybe. Did you guys here us on the broadcast? Our group was doing the "thats another Kansas City FIRST DOWN! Got a lot more Chief fans in on it as the game went on. Pissed the Fin fans off immensely.

KChiefs1
09-22-2014, 07:29 PM

That's what ku does right?

Prison Bitch
09-22-2014, 08:59 PM
Pure BS. 1/2 full maybe. Did you guys here us on the broadcast? Our group was doing the "thats another Kansas City FIRST DOWN! Got a lot more Chief fans in on it as the game went on. Pissed the Fin fans off immensely.

I'd guess 40k actual with about 8k Chiefs. After the last score the whole sideline looked like chiefs fans standing

The_Hound
09-22-2014, 09:00 PM
Are the chiefs still going for the noise record?

penbrook
09-22-2014, 09:03 PM
Are the chiefs still going for the noise record?

Yes they are

The_Hound
09-22-2014, 09:08 PM
Yes they are

betta rest your vocal cords

JCharles1981
09-22-2014, 09:53 PM
Paid attendance doesn't equal the same number of people that chose to show up for the game, and doesn't count those whom left before the start of the game LOL.

Coach
09-22-2014, 10:00 PM

Wow. You are just one dumb motherfucker, aren't you? What's the matter with you? Eat too many paint chips as a kid? :shake:

I was there during Coach Snyder's last game in Manhattan, where the Cats beat Mizzou. And I can 100% swear on the bible that it was not even 25,000 people, since it was clearly more than that. And nobody turned on him as far as I know. Anyone who claims that they turned on Snyder is an idiot, just like you.

I got a tip for you. Why don't you place your thumb and index finger on the bottom of your ear, and pull as hard as you can in a downward direction to get your head dislodged out of your tight stink asshole, and hopefully you'd clearly see it better.

Moron.

BigRedChief
09-22-2014, 10:00 PM
I'd guess 40k actual with about 8k Chiefs. After the last score the whole sideline looked like chiefs fans standingMitch Holthus was talking about the fans on his radio show tonight. He heard the first downs and the chop during the game.

ChiTown
09-22-2014, 10:10 PM
Wow. You are just one dumb mother****er, aren't you? What's the matter with you? Eat too many paint chips as a kid? :shake:

I was there during Coach Snyder's last game in Manhattan, where the Cats beat Mizzou. And I can 100% swear on the bible that it was not even 25,000 people, since it was clearly more than that. And nobody turned on him as far as I know. Anyone who claims that they turned on Snyder is an idiot, just like you.

I got a tip for you. Why don't you place your thumb and index finger on the bottom of your ear, and pull as hard as you can in a downward direction to get your head dislodged out of your tight stink asshole, and hopefully you'd clearly see it better.

Moron.

I was in section 5 row 6 with my 2 young Sons and Father In Law for HCBS's last game in 05. I've been to 50+ games in that stadium in my lifetime, and I'd wager there was ~43k for that game. The NE and SE corners were sparsely attended, the student section was 2/3rds full, but the remainder of the stadium was generally packed. In general, attendance was way down in 04 and 05. Prison bitch-tits is just trolling. It's how he do. And yes, he's a fucking moron.

Coach
09-22-2014, 10:16 PM
I was in section 5 row 6 with my 2 young Sons and Father In Law for HCBS's last game in 05. I've been to 50+ games in that stadium in my lifetime, and I'd wager there was ~43k for that game. The NE and SE corners were sparsely attended, the student section was 2/3rds full, but the remainder of the stadium was generally packed. In general, attendance was way down in 04 and 05. Prison bitch-tits is just trolling. It's how he do. And yes, he's a fucking moron.

I believe I was in section 4, row 25 with an ex and a buddy with his wife in 05. The weather was kind of cool/chilly, and I still remember the Brandon Archer INT that sealed the deal. It felt like F-O-R-E-V-E-R for Archer to get in the endzone for the pick six.

I was thinking between 43-45K in that game. I do recall the top upper deck edges of the stadium and the Section 28 was very sparely attended. Cold weather also had to contribute to that as well. Could not recall if there was icy weather on the way home or not, but nevertheless, it was a good crowd. That team could had been 7-5 but unfortuntely some breaks didn't go our way that year. Namely the QB issue was the biggest problem.

Prison Bitch
09-22-2014, 10:36 PM
Mitch Holthus was talking about the fans on his radio show tonight. He heard the first downs and the chop during the game.

Our biggest road game (seems to me) has always been SD. I'd bet there are like 1/4 Red there when we play.

Mojo Jojo
09-22-2014, 10:37 PM
From the Miami paper (http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article2198477.html)

What do you think the actual was? About 37,451 with around 1/3 of them wearing Chiefs gear? That was the most sparsely attended game I've seen us play in a while.

Do you believe when the Chiefs announce 78+K there are actually that many people that passed through the turnstiles? Get a grip attendance numbers are all fake...

cmh6476
09-23-2014, 12:05 AM
Because we are the Chiefs