PDA

View Full Version : Life -- Anybody else having issues sleeping tonight/this morning?

Simply Red
09-25-2014, 02:32 AM
Man I don't know what it is - I have a sleep-number and I'm starting to wonder if I even like it.

I tossed and turned for about three hours - I just got back from McDonald's where I purchased an Egg McMuffin and a small Coke Zero.

Not sure why I'm struggling tonight.

Anyone else having this issue this Morning?

Baby Lee
09-25-2014, 02:41 AM
Last week I went 5 days, 4 nights without sleep. I've gotten into this weird situation where it seems my body absorbs my exhaustion without my mind registering it.

The weirdest part is, I'll lie down to at least 'rest' and my mind will be wide awake, but my body gets these electric jolts that increase in frequency the longer I'm awake. Literally like touching an electric fence. Almost jumped clear out of bed one night, completely involuntary.

Try to make the most of it by taking courses and lessons in AutoCAD, so it's not a total waste.

I also have Rosetta Stone and am considering starting up my French lessons again if this insomnia continues.

Tribal Warfare
09-25-2014, 02:42 AM
I'm always wired too

Baby Lee
09-25-2014, 02:43 AM
My new rule is no caffeine of any type after 12pm, or whichever one is noon I always forget.

I will eat late, though. Seeking to trigger drowsiness by sending blood flow to the stomach.

Mav
09-25-2014, 02:44 AM
I can never sleep

kcxiv
09-25-2014, 02:46 AM
yeah, iu struggle at times with sleeping, i dont know the last time i got 8 hours of sleep, its been fucking years. I usually sleep from 4-6 hours, rarely i get 6. its 5 usually.

Tribal Warfare
09-25-2014, 02:48 AM
My new rule is no caffeine of any type after 12pm, or whichever one is noon I always forget.

I will eat late, though. Seeking to trigger drowsiness by sending blood flow to the stomach.

Of course being on the internet doesn't help either. I use to say before YouTube shit was mainstream "when TV shows start being the norm on the web I'll be on it 24/7."

Simply Red
09-25-2014, 02:53 AM
I am going back in there in a few minutes and try for three hours of rest.

Simply Red
09-25-2014, 03:01 AM
You have me for about 7 more minutes, any football questions, while I'm here?

munkey
09-25-2014, 03:09 AM
Going to a sleep center next week...I'm just exhausted from not sleeping and I know it's not good for me physically as well as mentally. Not looking forward to the bill but fuck it...

09-25-2014, 03:46 AM
Getting a Coke Zero certainly isn't going to help matters.

TomBarndtsTwin
09-25-2014, 03:54 AM
Sleep is overrated.

Fuck sleep.

Prison Bitch
09-25-2014, 07:54 AM
No, I slept fine.

TLO
09-25-2014, 08:39 AM
I love ambien.

Simply Red
09-25-2014, 08:40 AM
Getting a Coke Zero certainly isn't going to help matters.

It was a small - I was fucked regardless.

Strongside
09-25-2014, 08:42 AM
I think maybe you should consider hitting the meth pipe at least 2 hours before you head to bed, rather than right before. This might help.

Simply Red
09-25-2014, 08:45 AM
I think maybe you should consider hitting the meth pipe at least 2 hours before you head to bed, rather than right before. This might help.

I haven't smoked meth in days, you're right - I'm trying that tonight. I may huff some paint too.

Perineum Ripper
09-25-2014, 08:46 AM
I get about 3 hrs a night..then about once every 2 weeks I have a 36-48 hr stretch where I don't sleep at all..been this way for around 7 years now

JakeLV
09-25-2014, 08:49 AM
Last week I went 5 days, 4 nights without sleep. I've gotten into this weird situation where it seems my body absorbs my exhaustion without my mind registering it.

The weirdest part is, I'll lie down to at least 'rest' and my mind will be wide awake, but my body gets these electric jolts that increase in frequency the longer I'm awake. Literally like touching an electric fence. Almost jumped clear out of bed one night, completely involuntary.

Try to make the most of it by taking courses and lessons in AutoCAD, so it's not a total waste.

I also have Rosetta Stone and am considering starting up my French lessons again if this insomnia continues.

They're called myoclonic jerks. It's your brains way of making sure you're alive.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-25-2014, 08:52 AM

That's what I do when I can't sleep. And it's usually a big peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a glass of milk, and straight to bed afterwards.

TrebMaxx
09-25-2014, 09:00 AM
Melatonin works for me. Take one about 45 minutes before bed and I am out.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-25-2014, 09:10 AM
I can help.

You need at least 1 hour of unplug time before bed. No internet or tv.

I practice writing a small journal of the day, which includes stresses and concerns etc. Then I close the cover on it, thus closing the day.

I take a couple of melatonin chewables, letting them dissolve as I read. I've found that working on a foreign language before bedtime seems to work like magic. Plus, you get to learn a foreign language. Amazon has cheap books that can get you started learning to read whatever language you'd like to learn.

Give it a whirl.

loochy
09-25-2014, 09:17 AM
I can't imagine not being able to sleep. I'm worn the F out at the end of the day.

lcarus
09-25-2014, 09:21 AM
I usually just take 3 Tylenol PMs about an hour before bed.

loochy
09-25-2014, 09:24 AM
so do you guys work out or anything?

lcarus
09-25-2014, 09:25 AM

I don't. I need to. Been wanting to. You know how that goes.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-25-2014, 09:26 AM

5 days a week. 2 days of consecutive rest.

Easy 6
09-25-2014, 09:28 AM
Nope, I was up til 2 am watching Game of Thrones and passed right out.

lcarus
09-25-2014, 09:29 AM
Nope, I was up til 2 am watching Game of Thrones and passed right out.

I really need to start watching that show. It seems like everybody else watches it, so its gotta be good.

Easy 6
09-25-2014, 09:32 AM
I really need to start watching that show. It seems like everybody else watches it, so its gotta be good.

Its really that good, so glad I started watching it... but you've GOT to start with season one, otherwise it'll be very hard to know whats going on.

Gonzo
09-25-2014, 09:32 AM
I haven't had a good nights sleep in over a year man. I know what it's like. Hang in there.

The Franchise
09-25-2014, 09:34 AM
I usually just take 3 Tylenol PMs about an hour before bed.

This. I've taken Tylenol PM since back when I was in the Air Force. Too many years of them fucking with my sleep schedule and now kids have been added on top of it. I'm lucky if I get 5-6 hours of consecutive sleep a night. I usually wake up 4-5 times.

vailpass
09-25-2014, 09:37 AM
Knock back a whiskey or three.
Profit.

WilliamTheIrish
09-25-2014, 12:39 PM
but my body gets these electric jolts that increase in frequency the longer I'm awake. Literally like touching an electric fence. Almost jumped clear out of bed one night, completely involuntary.

These happen to me pretty frequently too. Usually right before I fall asleep. Drives the wife crazy. She says its like I'm being jolted by a defibrillator.

scho63
09-25-2014, 06:58 PM
Man I don't know what it is - I have a sleep-number and I'm starting to wonder if I even like it.

I tossed and turned for about three hours - I just got back from McDonald's where I purchased an Egg McMuffin and a small Coke Zero.

Not sure why I'm struggling tonight.

Anyone else having this issue this Morning?

95% of the time it is NOT the bed but the pillows and temperature of your room. People spend $1500-$2500 for a bed and buy shit pillows or the wrong pillows then have the wrong temperature or horrible sheets.

Only exception is a bed whose springs are shot and you are sleeping on a roller coaster of a mattress!

lewdog
09-25-2014, 07:01 PM
We spent a few thousand on a bed a few months ago and my sleep is better and my body aches less because of it. I also don't mind running the AC low at night, even in Phoenix, so I sleep in cool comfort. I take caffeine pre-workout, which is about 6 hours before I hit the sack and it doesn't seem to affect me. I'm a light sleeper so any noise wakes me. Therefore we sleep with two box fans at full blast. ROFL

Hammock Parties
09-25-2014, 07:08 PM
A small Coke Zero? What's the point?

Baby Lee
09-25-2014, 08:16 PM
Does anyone have a Reverie Bed?

sd4chiefs
09-25-2014, 08:56 PM
I used to have a problem with insomnia until I got a medical marijuana card. Now I sleep like a baby.

ThaVirus
09-25-2014, 09:01 PM
95% of the time it is NOT the bed but the pillows and temperature of your room. People spend $1500-$2500 for a bed and buy shit pillows or the wrong pillows then have the wrong temperature or horrible sheets.

Only exception is a bed whose springs are shot and you are sleeping on a roller coaster of a mattress!

Temperature is the single most important thing for me when it comes to sleep.

It needs to be sub-78 for me to even think about sleeping. Somewhere between 68-75 is optimal because I like to snuggle under the covers.

We spent a few thousand on a bed a few months ago and my sleep is better and my body aches less because of it. I also don't mind running the AC low at night, even in Phoenix, so I sleep in cool comfort. I take caffeine pre-workout, which is about 6 hours before I hit the sack and it doesn't seem to affect me. I'm a light sleeper so any noise wakes me. Therefore we sleep with two box fans at full blast. ROFL

Fans are a must as well. For one, they lower the temp. Plus, they block out some of the ambient noise that will wake me up, piss me off, and possibly prevent me from getting back to sleep.

Titty Meat
09-27-2014, 09:51 AM
I never sleep well when I drink

TLO
09-28-2014, 04:09 AM
I've been up for the last hour or so. Just laying in bed reading old CP posts. I really hate this half awake/half asleep feeling though.

eDave
09-28-2014, 04:22 AM
What works for me, and my mind races when I hit the pillow, is focusing on one of the squiggly things you see when you close your eyes. Just focus on it and your mind will clear.

Sounds silly I know. But I used to have the hardest time falling asleep. This changed my life. Seriously.

Goodnight Smoke.

Rausch
09-28-2014, 04:28 AM
I've been up for the last hour or so. Just laying in bed reading old CP posts. I really hate this half awake/half asleep feeling though.

I'm a night person and the next week I'll be on day shift for training.

I hit the sack at about 9 pm and woke up about 2 hours ago. Seems like I haven't been able to sleep for longer than 4 hours lately...

eDave
09-28-2014, 04:36 AM
I'm a night person

3:39 am here and still going strong. I just don't like sleeping. I stay up till I just can't any longer.

Rausch
09-28-2014, 04:45 AM
3:39 am here and still going strong. I just don't like sleeping. I stay up till I just can't any longer.

If I won the lottery tomorrow my normal sleep time would be 5-7 AM and wake up about 2-3 pm...

bevischief
09-28-2014, 04:51 AM
Pooptaco

Simply Red
09-28-2014, 06:28 AM
Last night I slept from 12:10AM to 8:10AM - and it was largely due to a made up bed w/ fresh sheets. Seems to always help for a night or two.

Simply Red
09-28-2014, 06:31 AM

FFR - wash you sheets and make you bed - I assure you that'll help.

vailpass
09-28-2014, 06:32 AM
Last night I slept from 12:10AM to 8:10AM - and it was largely due to a made up bed w/ fresh sheets. Seems to always help for a night or two.

Be sure to tip the maid...

BeeHo
09-28-2014, 06:33 AM
did you stroke one off first? works every time

Simply Red
09-28-2014, 06:36 AM
Be sure to tip the maid...

I stopped using my house cleaner about two mos ago. The company 'Two Maids and a Mop' unfortunately went out of business. So I clean myself now!

Dallas Chief
09-28-2014, 06:39 AM
That's what I do when I can't sleep. And it's usually a big peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a glass of milk, and straight to bed afterwards.

This has been bothering me since I read it. How does one make a big peanut butter and jelly sandwich? Is it the bread type or the condiments that make it "big"? Thank you.

vailpass
09-28-2014, 06:42 AM
I stopped using my house cleaner about two mos ago. The company 'Two Maids and a Mop' unfortunately went out of business. So I clean myself now!

Good on you. My keeper is a wonderful woman, widower with 4 kids. Would be lost without her as I don't have your skills at keeping those things right...

Simply Red
09-28-2014, 06:46 AM
Good on you. My keeper is a wonderful woman, widower with 4 kids. Would be lost without her as I don't have your skills at keeping those things right...

My thing is - without being married, I'm more messy - not dirty - but sloppy and careless. I have a ton of clothes and they're hard to control. Though my place is pretty darned nice (condo) -- it's also very small and it's hard w/ work and all to stay organized.

I'm looking for another maid, believe it or not - they're not easily found - at least the good ones!

vailpass
09-28-2014, 06:53 AM
My thing is - without being married, I'm more messy - not dirty - but sloppy and careless. I have a ton of clothes and they're hard to control. Though my place is pretty darned nice (condo) -- it's also very small and it's hard w/ work and all to stay organized.

I'm looking for another maid, believe it or not - they're not easily found - at least the good ones!

Oh man I fully know how hard it is to find the right keeper. I've been single two years now and know I'm lucky to have already known this one. She mother's me and laughs at my childish lifestyle. She's here now making huevos rancheros while I sit outside with topless girls. But she'll make them cover up before they can eat.

Simply Red
09-28-2014, 07:11 AM
Oh man I fully know how hard it is to find the right keeper. I've been single two years now and know I'm lucky to have already known this one. She mother's me and laughs at my childish lifestyle. She's here now making huevos rancheros while I sit outside with topless girls. But she'll make them cover up before they can eat.

Garcia Bronco's recipe? :D

Hammock Parties
09-28-2014, 07:15 AM
Woke up about 4:30 and felt like I was going to die. Felt depressed for some reason. Really fucked up.

Need to stop falling asleep on the couch because I don't think that helped. Moved to the bed and woke up feeling better.

Simply Red
09-28-2014, 07:17 AM
Woke up about 4:30 and felt like I was going to die. Felt depressed for some reason. Really ****ed up.

Need to stop falling asleep on the couch because I don't think that helped. Moved to the bed and woke up feeling better.

Schnapps?

bevischief
09-28-2014, 07:33 AM
Go read a Bruiser thread.

Hammock Parties
09-28-2014, 07:36 AM
Schnapps?

Nah I didn't drink last night. Very weird feeling.

vailpass
09-28-2014, 07:42 AM
Garcia Bronco's recipe? :D

No, does he have a good one? Wouldn't matter I don't tell her how to do her thing.
Mimosa time now...

vailpass
09-28-2014, 07:44 AM
Woke up about 4:30 and felt like I was going to die. Felt depressed for some reason. Really ****ed up.

Shit dude. Get some meds if you need to. And stay away from horse trailers. Be well...

Ming the Merciless
09-28-2014, 07:45 AM
Me...although it's 6:30 so it's not THAT early

Simply Red
09-28-2014, 07:46 AM
I'm not quoting Clay nor PMing this.

However in the rare event of family tragedy - It's necessary for me to express my condolences through an open-forum like this - to let said party know I'm sorry for their loss(es) So for that I'm sorry and you're in my prayers.

I'd like it to be known - and expect regular communications to fully resume 11/10 at apprx: 7:30PM EST.

Simply Red
09-28-2014, 07:47 AM
Me...although it's 6:30 so it's not THAT early

You been pooping okay, dear?

Simply Red
09-28-2014, 07:48 AM
No, does he have a good one? Wouldn't matter I don't tell her how to do her thing.
Mimosa time now...

Isn't he Mexican?

Mexicans can cook, generally. Much like Jamaicans

gblowfish
09-28-2014, 07:50 AM
We had our carpets cleaned yesterday and had to move a bunch of stuff around in the house. Stirred up a lot of dust. Between that and the Royals getting Yosted last night, didn't sleep well at all. Woke up about every 90 minutes coughing from the dust allergies and from seeing Tim Collins groove a 3-0 pitch to a backup catcher....

vailpass
09-28-2014, 07:55 AM
Isn't he Mexican?

Mexicans can cook, generally. Much like Jamaicans

I'm not aware of his heritage. But my keeper is full on Mexican and can cook her ass off. She's also been known to verbally redress me when she disapproves of my actions.