PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The Chiefs defense

Simplicity
09-26-2014, 07:28 AM
For how much shit we gave or defensive back core, the Chiefs defense is tied with the Seahawks for fewest 20+ yard pass completions given up with five. The defense also hasn't been bad and both of our loses were due to lack of offense. I know that we didn't face the most explosive offenses in the game but we are also missing impact players in key positions as well.

Is it fair to assume that we'll continue the *bend but don't break* defense and hope that our offense figures things out (like the Miami game) or should we be expecting that the first three weeks were a flaw and Tom Brady will shit on us...?

Jerok
09-26-2014, 07:33 AM
Tom Bradys offense is anemic. Our defense should be able to keep them mid 20s and under. Really the pats aren't very good this year, we just have to be careful they don't use us as a bounce back game.

If our defense can just get a turnover or two I think we will win easily! Unless charles comes back and andy reid goes back into passing mode. Which is baffling.

Rausch
09-26-2014, 07:37 AM
The Chiefs secondary has played far beyond what I thought they'd be capable of.

Even if Berry hadn't gotten hurt.

I think Abdulla and Cooper taking a step forward really helps...

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-26-2014, 07:39 AM
Fucking Q

Pasta Little Brioni
09-26-2014, 08:29 AM
Too early to tell, but on the right path.

OldSchool
09-26-2014, 08:34 AM
You can thank the offense for the Denver game. We won the TOP by over 12 minutes, Manning only threw 26 passes but completed 21 of them. The defense wasn't that good, the offense just limited their opportunities.

TEX
09-26-2014, 08:51 AM
You can thank the offense for the Denver game. We won the TOP by over 12 minutes, Manning only threw 26 passes but completed 21 of them. The defense wasn't that good, the offense just limited their opportunities.

Yep. Plus how many take-aways have they produced? Having said that - they are doing better than I thought. I thought they would be pure shit, and they're not.

Why Not?
09-26-2014, 08:55 AM
Yep. Plus how many take-aways have they produced? Having said that - they are doing better than I thought. I thought they would be pure shit, and they're not.

Tennesse and their crap offense put up 26, and as an earlier post stated, Denver would have put up 35+ if the O hadn't been eating clock. Miami considered benching their QB. Shutdown the next few offenses and then I'll be impressed.

TEX
09-26-2014, 08:57 AM
Tennesse and their crap offense put up 26, and as an earlier post stated, Denver would have put up 35+ if the O hadn't been eating clock. Miami considered benching their QB. Shutdown the next few offenses and then I'll be impressed.

I think the Tenn loss had more to do with the shitty offense rather than the defense. But yeah, I hear ya.

Simply Red
09-26-2014, 09:00 AM
****ing Q

FUCK YES REPOST! Please apply 'cave-rape' here!

:P

Simply Red
09-26-2014, 09:00 AM
I think the Tenn loss had more to do with the shitty offense rather than the defense. But yeah, I hear ya.

I give our D one free pass for that was the very first game - but NO MORE!

Simply Red
09-26-2014, 09:02 AM
For how much shit we gave or defensive back core, the Chiefs defense is tied with the Seahawks for fewest 20+ yard pass completions given up with five. The defense also hasn't been bad and both of our loses were due to lack of offense. I know that we didn't face the most explosive offenses in the game but we are also missing impact players in key positions as well.

Is it fair to assume that we'll continue the *bend but don't break* defense and hope that our offense figures things out (like the Miami game) or should we be expecting that the first three weeks were a flaw and Tom Brady will shit on us...?

You DO seem nice to me.

-King-
09-26-2014, 09:12 AM
I've been leading the Sean Smith bandwagon this year. He's been very underrated since he cams to the team IMO. Especially this season so far. Teams are barely throwing his way and when they do, its for a short gain or an incompletion.
Posted via Mobile Device

OldSchool
09-26-2014, 09:16 AM
I've been leading the Sean Smith bandwagon this year. He's been very underrated since he cams to the team IMO. Especially this season so far. Teams are barely throwing his way and when they do, its for a short gain or an incompletion.
Posted via Mobile Device

When Sean Smith wants to play, he can be one of the better corners in the league. However, he has problems with inconsistency and will have games where he looks like he is a reserve DB. That's why he didn't get any huge offers when he became a FA.

mikey23545
09-26-2014, 10:05 AM

Bullshit post.

Tennessee? We lost two critical starters to season ending injuries early in the game. Until then we had held them to 10 points. Alex threw three picks that were uncharacteristic and led to Tennessee points. The D didn't play that well but were in disarray from injury and constant turnovers by the offense.

Denver? More bullshit. They held the most prolific offense in the NFL to 325 total yards. No stupid excuses.

Miami? They played well enough to win. I don't want to hear any bullshit about Tannehill. Ask New England what they thought of Tannehill.

Go spoon with Claynus for awhile and get your head straight.

Mr. Laz
09-26-2014, 10:16 AM
hanging by a thread even playing uber conservative Crennel style defense

so much for Sutton and his aggressive bear defense

at least he adjusted

Jimmya
09-26-2014, 11:14 AM
Hopefully they put some pressure on Brady.

Hammock Parties
09-26-2014, 11:16 AM
We give up 5.1 YPC.

The only good QB we've faced is Manning and he torched us for over 9 YPA.

Prepare for epic failure by this Chiefs defense, friend.

Hammock Parties
09-26-2014, 11:16 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

He's been terrible this year. Already allowed two TD.

Sandy Vagina
09-26-2014, 11:41 AM

Yes, I'd like to get all confident of the defense, but can't. They played Tannehill and the Dolphins... Locker and the Titans... and like you stated.. the O played keep-away from Forehead.

I'm proud of what the D has limited.. but they are a bunch of "bleh" outside of good OLB rushers and a solid NT.

ChiefsChoke010414
09-26-2014, 11:47 AM
It's been very strange (although the sample size has been small). It's almost like this defense became good ever since Eric Berry and DJ got hurt.

Maybe taking Kendrick Lewis and Quentin Demps away was the only thing the defense had to do, regardless of who else left/got hurt.

Why Not?
09-26-2014, 11:52 AM
Bullshit post.

Tennessee? We lost two critical starters to season ending injuries early in the game. Until then we had held them to 10 points. Alex threw three picks that were uncharacteristic and led to Tennessee points. The D didn't play that well but were in disarray from injury and constant turnovers by the offense.

Denver? More bullshit. They held the most prolific offense in the NFL to 325 total yards. No stupid excuses.

Miami? They played well enough to win. I don't want to hear any bullshit about Tannehill. Ask New England what they thought of Tannehill.

Go spoon with Claynus for awhile and get your head straight.

You accuse me of stupid excuses in the Denver game, while citing stupid excuses in the Tenn game? It appears you are the one in need of Claynus spooning.

My point is, I don't think the defense is very good. You seem to think otherwise. One of us will be validated over the next month. I hope it is you.

-King-
09-26-2014, 11:55 AM
He's been terrible this year. Already allowed two TD.

Yeah but at least he shut down the 3rd best QB in the league.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRichard
09-26-2014, 11:57 AM
Aren't the Pats always a little slow out of the gate? At least compared to the rest of the year for them.

penbrook
09-26-2014, 11:58 AM
Abdullah has been really good this year.

Mr. Laz
09-26-2014, 12:13 PM
Abdullah has been barely adequate this year.
FYP

Abdullah - 8 tackles, 0 assists, 1 pass defense,0 FF,0 sack, 0 TFL

Pass defense
Barry Church - 7
Eric Weddle - 11
TJ Ward(SS) - 7
Earl Thomas - 14
Kam Chancellor(SS) - 9
Bernard Pollard(SS) - 14

ottawa_chiefs_fan
09-26-2014, 12:39 PM
We give up 5.1 YPC.

The only good QB we've faced is Manning and he torched us for over 9 YPA.

Prepare for epic failure by this Chiefs defense, friend.

I've always wondered what team you cheer for in the NFL - would you consider sharing?

Hammock Parties
09-26-2014, 12:40 PM
I've always wondered what team you cheer for in the NFL - would you consider sharing?

We give up 5.1 YPC and we have nothing in the secondary. Do you really think this ends up the way you want it?

Go Chiefs and everything but reality is reality.