PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto Refrigerator Icemaker Question

CaliforniaChief
09-29-2014, 04:59 PM
We have a Maytag Performa Fridge with an ice maker and starting having some issues a few weeks ago where it just stopped making ice.

I found that ice had clogged the line that delivers water from the supply to the ice maker, hence no ice. So I disassembled it, got the ice out of the line, and replaced the water filter (it was old and pressure was low). For 2 weeks or so, it worked just fine and all was good.

Yesterday I went for ice water and no ice. Same issue. So it's not the water filter/pressure, and it does push ice out when water fills the tray but the problem seems to be in the line from the water supply to the ice maker.

What should I do?

HonestChieffan
09-29-2014, 05:15 PM
I hate Ice Makers and water dispensers. I need a big fridge with a big freezer and nowadays all you can find is this sort of fridges. Time to get back to basics...

Deberg_1990
09-29-2014, 05:16 PM
I miss ice cube trays

mlyonsd
09-29-2014, 05:18 PM
Ice makers are the bomb. My fridge is a 96 model though and it can easily handle a 10lb. bag.

The only thing I have is, is your freezer temp set too low? Mine has an adjustment and I keep it in the middle. Although I don't know what that really is because I've never measured it.

displacedinMN
09-29-2014, 05:19 PM
I something like that a while ago.

The solenoid that controlled water flow was shot. I was able to disassemble everything, replace it and get it working.

It is on the back. Near where the water go into the fridge.

New ones have a simple water hookup and should be easy to fix.

There are also videos on youtube.

GESteve
09-29-2014, 05:22 PM
You need a water valve. Is not shutting off completly and a trickle of water quickly freezes and soon the inlet tube will close up.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-29-2014, 05:23 PM
I would suggest antifreeze. Pour it in your lines and then pour it in your beer.

Halfcan
09-29-2014, 05:27 PM
You need a water valve. Is not shutting off completly and a trickle of water quickly freezes and soon the inlet tube will close up.

Yep maybe has some calcium build up in there. Pretty easy fix-i think they have kits at Home Depot.

GESteve
09-29-2014, 05:40 PM

If you have a model# I'll look up the part for you

CaliforniaChief
09-29-2014, 10:50 PM
PSD262LHEW is the model number. Thanks Steve!