PDA

View Full Version : Football Is Brady done?

Buehler445
09-29-2014, 09:29 PM
Brady old.

Brady doesn't move ever. Perpetual statue.

OL = ass. It's going to take some time to put protection around Brady. Does he have time to make something happen?

88TG88
09-29-2014, 09:30 PM
lol no

carcosa
09-29-2014, 09:30 PM
That play when he absolutely would have gotten the first down if he'd run the ball...

Molitoth
09-29-2014, 09:31 PM
No. They will make it a point next offseason to bring him weapons.

OldSchool
Only if they don't improve along the OL.

Hamwallet
Come on man.... I would give up next years first, and the year after that's first and Alex Smith to swap for Brady. Don't be dumb.

tk13
09-29-2014, 09:32 PM
Hootie is going to stab you with a trident.

OldSchool
Come on man.... I would give up next years first, and the year after that's first and Alex Smith to swap for Brady. Don't be dumb.

Brady would die behind this OL and struggle just like he is in NE right now. He can't move like Smith can. His arm is also not nearly as good as it used to be.

notorious
Brady isn't done.

The Pats need to pull their head out of their ass and give him some tools to work with. He took a pay cut so they could get talent and the Pats management just gave him the finger for his help.

Buehler445
09-29-2014, 09:33 PM
No. They will make it a point next offseason to bring him weapons.

He missed some throws BAD. They're going to have to bring in someone to throw to AND an offensive line. And the dude is old.

That isn't going to happen. He's going to stay in NE, will they get a line around him before he gets too old?

Buehler445
09-29-2014, 09:34 PM
Brady would die behind this OL and struggle just like he is in NE right now. He can't move like Smith can. His arm is also not nearly as good as it used to be.

I'll give him credit. That slant to that huge bitch that scored was damn perfect.

SAUTO
09-29-2014, 09:34 PM

No fucking way

Param
09-29-2014, 09:35 PM
They have really screwed Brady with the shit weapons and OL.

TimBone
09-29-2014, 09:36 PM
Brady isn't done.

The Pats need to pull their head out of their ass and give him some tools to work with. He took a pay cut so they could get talent and the Pats management just gave him the finger for his help.

This.....Belichick is outsmarting himself. Getting too cute letting everybody walk. They have nothing for Brady to work with.

Buehler445
09-29-2014, 09:36 PM

Oh. And you're dumb. Brady would die behind our line too. Smith is elusive as fuck. Brady is a statue. He's marginally better here than in NE.

Param
09-29-2014, 09:37 PM
Look at the other guy in Denver. They give him an OL and weapons.

chiefzilla1501
Brady isn't done.

So they gave him the Geno

Buehler445
Brady isn't done.

I had forgotten the paycut. I'd be pissed too. I may not cry like a bitch, but I'd be pissed.

splatbass
09-29-2014, 09:38 PM

Brady is 37, he could be retired before that second pick evens comes around. And you are calling others dumb? Holy fucking shit you are stupid.

LiveSteam
09-29-2014, 09:43 PM
Something's a mif with the pats and Brady.

dirk digler
09-29-2014, 09:44 PM
Brady isn't done.

Yep. He looks the same guy to me just with far less talent then they use to have.

notorious
I had forgotten the paycut. I'd be pissed too. I may not cry like a bitch, but I'd be pissed.

They literally took his play makers away after he restructured.

Insane.

Hammock Parties
Yes. His decline started last year.

ChiefsChoke010414
09-29-2014, 09:47 PM
So people still won't give the Chiefs credit for beating a top QB?

lcarus
09-29-2014, 09:48 PM
Only if they don't improve along the OL.

Pretty much this.

KC_Connection
09-29-2014, 09:51 PM
He's not done yet, but this is the beginning of the end for him. It started a year or so ago and he's getting worse and worse.

lcarus
09-29-2014, 09:52 PM
I really really like Edelman and of course Gronkowski is great, but they need a big outside WR who is worth a shit. And obviously their o-line sucks. But yeah, he's starting to decline. It happens to the best of them.

stanleychief
09-29-2014, 09:53 PM
Ouch.. sucks when you are the leading headline on Drudge.

http://www.drudgereport.com/

Easy 6
09-29-2014, 09:56 PM
I'm not ready to say for sure yet, but I do have a feeling that the Paris fashion shows and the NYC high society scene have stolen something from him.

All of that kinda stuff is so different from football.

Bewbies
09-29-2014, 09:57 PM
Brady is jealous of the elite weapons Alex Smith has around him at WR.

lcarus
09-29-2014, 10:01 PM
Brady is jealous of the elite weapons Alex Smith has around him at WR.

Yeah it's pretty bad. And Edelman is a really good player. Their other WRs are just....who are they? Seriously. Thompkins something or other?

Eleazar
09-29-2014, 10:01 PM
Nothing wrong with him, but he has zero supporting cast these days

Why Not?
09-29-2014, 10:04 PM
Not done but I've never seen him look so disinterested in a game. Oh and it will get worse before it gets better. Cinci is going to curb stomp them

Hootie
09-29-2014, 10:06 PM
I will never make an excuse for Tom Brady.

The personnel on his team is an abortion.

but Tom will still get that team to 9 wins...and probably the division.

Hootie
09-29-2014, 10:07 PM
if Tom Brady were a Chief, we'd win 11 or 12 games this year.

Starting to look like we'll get to 8-10 with Alex.

I could see a max of 13 out of Tom, and a max of 10 out of Alex.

Buehler445
09-29-2014, 10:12 PM
if Tom Brady were a Chief, we'd win 11 or 12 games this year.

Starting to look like we'll get to 8-10 with Alex.

I could see a max of 13 out of Tom, and a max of 10 out of Alex.

Not behind our OL dude. Seriously. Dude is a STATUE.

Buehler445
09-29-2014, 10:13 PM
I will never make an excuse for Tom Brady.

The personnel on his team is an abortion.

but Tom will still get that team to 9 wins...and probably the division.

You might be right, but their division is hot garbage.

Frosty
09-29-2014, 10:16 PM
Remember all those years that NE would get cute in the draft and kept trading out of the top rounds for a bunch of low round picks and future picks (which they would trade out of the next year)? It's showing now.

Buehler445
09-29-2014, 10:20 PM
This.....Belichick is outsmarting himself. Getting too cute letting everybody walk. They have nothing for Brady to work with.

Smartest guy in the room syndrome.

I remember one Scott Pioli having that specific disorder.

It bears repeating, Fuck Scott Pioli.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-29-2014, 10:23 PM
No matter how good you are, one person can only do so much. New England has decent tackles. Beyond that, they are deficient at every other position on offense. As Dilfer said, they just aren't good anymore.

Belichick always thought two in the bush was better than the bird in hand. Honestly, it probably doesn't matter that they've had 1000 draft picks. Even if they had stayed put, they would still lack talent on the offensive side of the ball because they do a terrible job of identifying it.

They flat out suck at finding impact players on offense.

Shaid
09-29-2014, 10:23 PM
That play when he absolutely would have gotten the first down if he'd run the ball...

I couldn't believe that. Horrible decision.

Frosty
09-29-2014, 10:27 PM
It's probably mentioned elsewhere but I also got real tired of hearing how great the Pats' defense was before the game. They had faced Cassel, Tannehill and Carr. Ooo - scary.

Pats are in real trouble this year. Their only saving grace is Brady and playing in a shit division.

SeeingRed
09-29-2014, 10:33 PM
Prob not but def considering trading his ass as my fantasy football QB thats for damn sure :-/

Buehler445
09-29-2014, 10:34 PM
No matter how good you are, one person can only do so much. New England has decent tackles. Beyond that, they are deficient at every other position on offense. As Dilfer said, they just aren't good anymore.

Belichick always thought two in the bush was better than the bird in hand. Honestly, it probably doesn't matter that they've had 1000 draft picks. Even if they had stayed put, they would still lack talent on the offensive side of the ball because they do a terrible job of identifying it.

They flat out suck at finding impact players on offense.

Agree.

But I think it is profoundly interesting to think about whether they can get it rebuilt into something usable before he's done.

Dude moves in the pocket as well as anybody in the league. But when the pocket goes to fuck (ala Chiefs post Vermiel), he flat out can't move. Seems to me that they have to fix the line. Brady can win games with crap WR, but he cannot operate with a junk line.

It's probably mentioned elsewhere but I also got real tired of hearing how great the Pats' defense was before the game. They had faced Cassel, Tannehill and Carr. Ooo - scary.

Pats are in real trouble this year. Their only saving grace is Brady and playing in a shit division.

Bolded the important.

BigCatDaddy
09-29-2014, 10:35 PM
His arm just isn't what it used to be, but what 37 year old's is? This should probably be his last year.

Buck
09-29-2014, 10:36 PM
Brady will be the Texans QB next year. Screencap this.

SeeingRed
09-29-2014, 10:42 PM
Agree.

But I think it is profoundly interesting to think about whether they can get it rebuilt into something usable before he's done.

Dude moves in the pocket as well as anybody in the league. But when the pocket goes to **** (ala Chiefs post Vermiel), he flat out can't move. Seems to me that they have to fix the line. Brady can win games with crap WR, but he cannot operate with a junk line.

Bolded the important.

yep....im trading his ass and getting what i can

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-29-2014, 10:47 PM
Agree.

Dude moves in the pocket as well as anybody in the league. But when the pocket goes to fuck (ala Chiefs post Vermiel), he flat out can't move. Seems to me that they have to fix the line. Brady can win games with crap WR, but he cannot operate with a junk line.

Bolded the important.

If they want to go all-in like Denver did, they'll have the time, but if Belichick thinks that he can coach up a bunch of scrap heap players on offense, he's a damned fool.

Their offense has no one who can stretch the field, which means that you can flood every route underneath with DBs. That turns Brady's windows into keyholes. Moreover, Gronkowski does not appear as fast or as explosive, which means that he's not going to dictate coverage, and he's not a risk to take the top off of a defense anymore.

It's easy to defend them now. You can play man because their receivers aren't good enough to win single matchups, and you can play zone because their line isn't good enough to block a straight rush. Dial up a scheme outside of a Prevent and it will work against them.

That team needs size and speed outside and enough competence along the interior line that the run is a legitimate threat.

Kaepernick
09-29-2014, 10:56 PM
Yes. He should hang it up. It was a great run and he is a first balloter. He should retire this winter.

Buehler445
09-29-2014, 10:58 PM
If they want to go all-in like Denver did, they'll have the time, but if Belichick thinks that he can coach up a bunch of scrap heap players on offense, he's a damned fool.

Their offense has no one who can stretch the field, which means that you can flood every route underneath with DBs. That turns Brady's windows into keyholes. Moreover, Gronkowski does not appear as fast or as explosive, which means that he's not going to dictate coverage, and he's not a risk to take the top off of a defense anymore.

It's easy to defend them now. You can play man because their receivers aren't good enough to win single matchups, and you can play zone because their line isn't good enough to block a straight rush. Dial up a scheme outside of a Prevent and it will work against them.

That team needs size and speed outside and enough competence along the interior line that the run is a legitimate threat.

Good post.

But if I'm making personnel decisions, I'm putting the most resources into the OL, because Brady simply can't operate without a pocket. Maybe he can shift to a quick strike game ala Peyton, but I don't think he's as good as Peyton at it. Maybe he can be, but yeah, they've got to get someone in at WR.

But Brady has shown that he can do well with dick at WR, but he just showed that he can't do a damn thing without a pocket.

I think they're boned. Belichick won't turn over the defense to a Dom Capers type, and give Brady whatever he wants like Fox did. And why wouldn't they sell out and try to get back before Brady is done? Unless they're trying to be the smartest guy in the room again.

Coochie liquor
09-30-2014, 06:10 AM
Remember all those years that NE would get cute in the draft and kept trading out of the top rounds for a bunch of low round picks and future picks (which they would trade out of the next year)? It's showing now.

This!! Also if the Chiefs roster looked like New England's then MORE people would be calling for Dorsey's head.

Red Dawg
09-30-2014, 06:13 AM
Brady isn't done.

Pay cut my ass. They still are giving him 50 mil.

Red Dawg
09-30-2014, 06:19 AM
Revis has been fools gold, getting rid of Logan was bad. Edleman was a qb in college and is their best WR. Amandola is not as good as Welker. Gronk should have rehabed more instead of getting drunk in Vegas, not that I blame him but he is not the guy he use to be. Their shitty moves are finally haunting them. They need to stop with the shotgun shit for which they dont have the players to run
anymore and run the ball.

EyePod
09-30-2014, 06:20 AM
He missed some throws BAD.

His receiver and him weren't on the same page. The only one he missed "bad" was the 2nd INT where he was trying to force it when they were down big. Those INTs barely count.

Easy 6
09-30-2014, 08:43 AM
Revis has been fools gold

Thats a real head scratcher, its been several years since his injury and he still doesnt look the same.

Saul Good
09-30-2014, 08:47 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if he retired after this season. He's still great, but it doesn't seem like his heart is in it due to the shit surrounding him on offense.

This game will be remembered as the official end of the Patriots great run.

OldSchool
09-30-2014, 09:18 AM
Thats a real head scratcher, its been several years since his injury and he still doesnt look the same.

IMO, it has a bit to do with the scheme. Revis is a press-man corner, Pats used a lot of off coverage against us.

Buehler445
09-30-2014, 09:50 AM
His receiver and him weren't on the same page. The only one he missed "bad" was the 2nd INT where he was trying to force it when they were down big. Those INTs barely count.

Both of those picks were bad reads and bad balls. They fucking count. He shouldn't have thrown either one, even if Moss and Welker were still there.

Buehler445
09-30-2014, 09:50 AM
IMO, it has a bit to do with the scheme. Revis is a press-man corner, Pats used a lot of off coverage against us.

Could be, but we still went at him, and why the fuck do you pick up a CB that is the best man corner in the league and then play soft?

B_Ambuehl
09-30-2014, 10:05 AM

You forgot to mention getting even cuter with those picks and passing up good talent in favor of drafting slapdicks from the good ol boy network, or using an entire draft on rutgers talent. Belichik is the problem not Brady. With the sole exception of the Oline he's been steadily running that franchise into the ground for 5 yrs now. Now, this year, he starting doing the same shit with the Oline (cutting mankins) and it shows. Belichik doesn't draft well and his defensive schemes are outdated and from the 80's and were thoroughly embarrassed by Andy Reid. McDouche and Brady have been holding it together for a while now but there's only so much you can do.

Garcia Bronco
09-30-2014, 10:17 AM
Tom Brady is turning into Dan Marino right before our eyes.

Buehler445
09-30-2014, 10:18 AM
You forgot to mention getting even cuter with those picks and passing up good talent in favor of drafting slapdicks from the good ol boy network, or using an entire draft on rutgers talent. Belichik is the problem not Brady. With the sole exception of the Oline he's been steadily running that franchise into the ground for 5 yrs now. Now, this year, he starting doing the same shit with the Oline (cutting mankins) and it shows. Belichik doesn't draft well and his defensive schemes are outdated and from the 80's and were thoroughly embarrassed by Andy Reid. McDouche and Brady have been holding it together for a while now but there's only so much you can do.

It's been longer than 5 years. Remember him spending all that money and building everything on Adalius Thomas? Who did a whole lot of not a damn thing.

Chiefnj2
09-30-2014, 10:23 AM
Brady is done - until Pioli returns and cleans up the mess Belichick has made.

Skyy God
09-30-2014, 10:26 AM
Something's a mif with the pats and Brady.

The word is amiss, genius.

Chiefnj2
09-30-2014, 10:29 AM
The word is amiss, genius.

Maybe he meant milf.

Skyy God
09-30-2014, 10:32 AM
Maybe he meant milf.

My brain defaulted to that, but he wasn't talking about BB.

Frosty
09-30-2014, 10:35 AM

So maybe Pioli really was the mastermind behind the "Patriots Way"? :hmmm:

Naaaaaah!

Just Passin' By
02-01-2015, 09:50 PM
This one needs a bump, too.

BucEyedPea
02-01-2015, 10:01 PM
This one needs a bump, too.

ROFL

jspchief
02-01-2015, 10:04 PM
Brady will be the Texans QB next year. Screencap this.

Buehler445
02-01-2015, 10:09 PM
ROFL

I forgot about the thread. To be fair though, their OL didn't perform as badly as they did against us except for the first half of this game.

Buehler445
02-01-2015, 10:09 PM
Plus I was asking. Not telling.