- KC is 9th in points allowed at 19.25ppg

- KC is 3rd in 3rd down conversions allowed at 33.3%
- KC is 5th in 3rd down conversions on offense at 50.0%

- KC is 9th in total 1st downs with 92
- KC is 11th in total 1st downs allowed with 74

- KC is 5th in total penalties with 18
- KC is 2nd in total sacks with 12

Also, Justin Houston is now tied for most sacks in NFL with 5.0

Not sure what all that means but it seems promising...

Hammock Parties
09-29-2014, 11:00 PM
Huge improvement on third down conversions this year. Most impressed with that.

New World Order
09-29-2014, 11:04 PM
If we can beat SF we will be in a great position.

This SF game is huge.

Ragged Robin
09-29-2014, 11:07 PM

This SF game is huge.

Chargers game after the bye is way bigger, either way it's MUST to AT LEAST split these games to have any hope at sneaking into the playoffs

Exoter175
09-30-2014, 01:29 AM
- KC is 11th in total defense with 338ypg
- KC is 15th in total offense with 353ypg

- KC is 4th in rushing with 145ypg

- KC is 9th in points scored at 25.5ppg
- KC is 9th in points allowed at 19.25ppg

- KC is 3rd in 3rd down conversions allowed at 33.3%
- KC is 5th in 3rd down conversions on offense at 50.0%

- KC is 9th in total 1st downs with 92
- KC is 11th in total 1st downs allowed with 74

- KC is 5th in total penalties with 18
- KC is 2nd in total sacks with 12

Also, Justin Houston is now tied for most sacks in NFL with 5.0

Not sure what all that means but it seems promising...

More importantly, IN MY BOOK, we've faced 4 STARTING QB's so far, and two FUTURE HOF QB's of which we were in the game on BOTH of those games and went 1-1 in a "passing" league with two of the greatest, and ultimately outscored the combined difference of the two, and we've done that without half of our starting defense to boot. So, I'd say it at least looks promising, if nothing else, that this team has a LOT of fight in it after the season opener.

RINGLEADER
09-30-2014, 10:40 AM
More importantly, IN MY BOOK, we've faced 4 STARTING QB's so far, and two FUTURE HOF QB's of which we were in the game on BOTH of those games and went 1-1 in a "passing" league with two of the greatest, and ultimately outscored the combined difference of the two, and we've done that without half of our starting defense to boot. So, I'd say it at least looks promising, if nothing else, that this team has a LOT of fight in it after the season opener.

This is true - never would have thought with Berry out and these DBs we would be 8th in passing defense after facing Manning and Brady.

Really like how the entire unit is gelling.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-30-2014, 10:42 AM
Just looking at going 1-1 in the next 2, then our schedule gets a lot easier

The Franchise
09-30-2014, 10:42 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Justin Houston/KC weren&#39;t close in negotiations. His demands will be astronomical if he sustains his production (on pace for 20 sacks).</p>&mdash; Joel Corry (@corryjoel) <a href="https://twitter.com/corryjoel/status/516969991372292097">September 30, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RINGLEADER
09-30-2014, 10:44 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Justin Houston/KC weren't close in negotiations. His demands will be astronomical if he sustains his production (on pace for 20 sacks).</p>&mdash; Joel Corry (@corryjoel) <a href="https://twitter.com/corryjoel/status/516969991372292097">September 30, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

We have him for at least one more season with the tag. Not worried about it.

Frosty
09-30-2014, 10:51 AM

Wish we could get a mulligan for that Titans game. :facepalm:

The Franchise
09-30-2014, 10:54 AM

That game still doesn't make fucking sense. The only explanation I can come up with is that Reid didn't trust the players that he had but it still doesn't excuse his use of Charles.

Buehler445
09-30-2014, 11:00 AM
That game still doesn't make fucking sense. The only explanation I can come up with is that Reid didn't trust the players that he had but it still doesn't excuse his use of Charles.

It's gotta be a cultural thing or something. We've gotten our asses fucking beat down in the home openers for awhile now. Sometimes it's an aberration, sometimes we just suck fucking ass. It's weird.

PhillyChiefFan
09-30-2014, 11:07 AM
I was satisfied to be optimistic they'd score a TD every time they were in the RZ.

Molitoth
09-30-2014, 11:20 AM
That Titans loss....

ugh

The Franchise
09-30-2014, 11:23 AM
We should be 3-1 right now. Fucking Titans.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-30-2014, 04:24 PM
Very impressive. Playoff caliber squad.

temper11
09-30-2014, 06:11 PM

This... I wonder if Andy was looking past the Titans to the Broncos thinking they could phone in a win against the Titans?

Boise_Chief
09-30-2014, 06:36 PM
anybody know what radio station the game might be on I'm trying tofind it on I Heart Radio

Exoter175
10-01-2014, 12:38 AM
The only explanation I have for the Titans game is simply Shock. And it happens in the NFL, Morale is a HUGE deal. Even though these guys are NFL players, it doesn't mitigate their emotions seeing the heart of their defense going down for the season, and at that point we basically packed it up, only to have the same injury happen to another starter snaps later.

bshmerlie
10-01-2014, 06:06 AM
Those aren't bad stats. But we all have to face it .....it's gonna be an extremely tough year for us. I'm not sure we can make it to the playoffs having to face the teams in our division and the teams in the NFC west. We are already decimated with injuries and playing with scrubs. And then having to face some of the best defenses in the league...we are gonna lose others. It's an up hill battle that's for sure.

Sandy Vagina
10-01-2014, 06:10 AM
Those aren't bad stats. But we all have to face it .....it's gonna be an extremely tough year for us. I'm not sure we can make it to the playoffs having to face the teams in our division and the teams in the NFC west. We are already decimated with injuries and playing with scrubs. And then having to face some of the best defenses in the league...we are gonna lose others. It's an up hill battle that's for sure.

True that. Plus, we need to hope that the other two AFCW teams stumble a bit.. hopefully at our hands as well.

ThaVirus
10-01-2014, 08:09 AM
I wouldn't read too much into it. We had the #1 defense into week 8-ish or so last season and ended up in the bottom third.

ct
10-01-2014, 08:29 AM
gotta keep in mind this team may not have awakened as they have w/out that pathetic and humiliating performance vs titans. sometimes a good ass kicken can wake you the f up

Chiefnj2
10-01-2014, 08:44 AM
The team isn't as good as people think following the N E win, not as bad as people thought following the Titans loss.

The Pats are living off their reputation. They aren't that good. Their two wins were Minnesota and Oakland. They also lost to Miami.

It's a long season with lots of divisional games left.

RunKC
10-01-2014, 09:05 AM
Alex Smith is on pace for 28 TD's this year with one of the worst WR groups in the league and a makeshift OL. Give this guy a good OL and and he's a 30 TD, 3,700+ yard QB

Coaching is there. Defense appears to be there. QB just wins and is putting up the stats. ST's is great.

This team should make the playoffs again.

ThaVirus
10-01-2014, 10:15 AM
Alex Smith is on pace for 28 TD's this year with one of the worst WR groups in the league and a makeshift OL. Give this guy a good OL and and he's a 30 TD, 3,700+ yard QB

Coaching is there. Defense appears to be there. QB just wins and is putting up the stats. ST's is great.

This team should make the playoffs again.

I wouldn't get too far ahead of myself..
If we make the playoffs, it'll be over either SD/DEN or CIN/BAL.

Our best bet is likely to edge out Baltimore but they've looked pretty solid this season.

ThaVirus
10-01-2014, 10:16 AM
We need to go at least 3-3 in our division.

4-0 against the AFC East.

2-2 against the NFC West.

Ming the Merciless
10-01-2014, 10:40 AM

This SF game is huge.

yes and no

I agree being 3-2 instead of 2-3 is a big swing

but

Its not even a divisional game, its on the road....heck theyre not even in the AFC

As long as we play good football , getting the W is not that huge...

For example:

what would 'mean' more:

The niners look like garbage and we barely beat them in an ugly game, mainly because of mistakes they made.

or

Great football game, we hang tough but lose in overtime and we look good.

Granted....I want the W. If we beat the niners it will be great...but just continuing to play good football will also be huge, going forward.....

I don't want to let hope seep back into my heart but we have a chance to win the division, with or without beating SF!

FringeNC
10-01-2014, 10:47 AM
It's going to be hard to make the playoffs this year. Can we mark Denver and SD down for 11 wins? Suppose Cinci wins their division with 12. We're fighting it out with Baltimore, Indy/Houston for the last WC spot (assuming Denver/SD gets one of the WCs). It's not impossible, but will be very tough this year, even if we continue to play well. Still looking forward to an entertaining season though. Last three games have been good ones.

Dunerdr
10-01-2014, 10:53 AM
We should in all reality be 4-0 we outplayed Denver just couldn't get it done at the end.

RunKC
10-01-2014, 11:10 AM
Next 2 games are huge. If we even go 1-1 and end up 3-3 with a win in SD, than the Chiefs have the lowly Bills, Rams, Jets and Raiders up next with home games vs the Bronoc and Seahawks. Doesn't get more favorable than that.

raybec 4
10-01-2014, 12:36 PM
Next 2 games are huge. If we even go 1-1 and end up 3-3 with a win in SD, than the Chiefs have the lowly Bills, Rams, Jets and Raiders up next with home games vs the Bronoc and Seahawks. Doesn't get more favorable than that.

I think it's far more likely we beat SF on the road than SD

Pasta Little Brioni
10-01-2014, 04:26 PM
We should in all reality be 4-0 we outplayed Denver just couldn't get it done at the end.

Titans whooped our ass. There is no counting that as a should a won in any shape or form. Poor preseason/sluggish start, but they rebounded nicely.