PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs E60:untold story of Jamaal Charles

RunKC
09-30-2014, 12:41 PM
Record this tonight while the Royals are on. Starts at 7 on ESPN.

Really looking forward to seeing it from one of my favorite Chiefs ever.

thabear04
09-30-2014, 12:50 PM
Record this tonight while the Royals are on. Starts at 7 on ESPN.

Really looking forward to seeing it from one of my favorite Chiefs ever.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=286982

OldSchool
09-30-2014, 12:58 PM
From Charles' interview last night:

“We’re starting to find our identity now,” Charles said. “Our identity is to keep grinding out yards. Nobody believed in us, nobody thought we could beat these teams. But I’ll tell you what, we have coach, and we have Alex, and those guys know how to win.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article2325004.html#storylink=cpy

beach tribe
09-30-2014, 01:47 PM
From Charles' interview last night:

"I can't believe people are getting excited about a win over the Dolphins"/InMem.

Where is that POS anyway. Figures he is nowhere to be found.

I swear he IS Mecca.

Last post
Yesterday 5:38 pm.

xztop123
09-30-2014, 02:23 PM
Did you see Charles interview after the game? he looked like he was going to cry toward the end

penbrook
09-30-2014, 06:41 PM
Wow that E60 piece was unbelievable

I didn't know Charles has a learning disability and competed in the special Olympics.

He still blames himself for the Belcher situation

Dayze
09-30-2014, 07:15 PM
Good piece/story. Makes you want to root even harder for him, if that's even possible

Dunerdr
09-30-2014, 07:23 PM
Damn I was gonna record this and forgot after getting home from the game late last night.

thabear04
09-30-2014, 08:21 PM
Damn I was gonna record this and forgot after getting home from the game late last night.

Come on again at 2am for me.

KChiefs1
09-30-2014, 08:23 PM
I think I'll watch it now.

MotherfuckerJones
09-30-2014, 09:55 PM
Man that was a good show. Feel for Jamaal and his wife and family. That's tough. Makes me love the guy even more.

rabblerouser
09-30-2014, 11:16 PM
Will it be on again??

DaNewGuy
10-01-2014, 12:05 AM
Forgot to check this out, love Charles man this guy is one of my all time favorites

penbrook
10-01-2014, 12:10 AM
I had no idea Charles has a learning disability and he competed in the special Olympics.
But he overcame that and is now one of the top backs in the game.
Track will always be his first love

thabear04
10-01-2014, 12:12 AM
I had no idea Charles has a learning disability and he competed in the special Olympics.

Yeah he had to leave the sport he love in order to help his family out to play Football.

mdchiefsfan
10-01-2014, 02:43 AM

This brings the whole escalades thing into another territory.

Kman34
10-01-2014, 05:53 AM
Walter Payton has always been my all-time favorite football player but Jamaal is a very close second. what he does on the field is just amazing.

Marcellus
10-01-2014, 06:35 AM
Really touching story, mad respect for Jamaal.

Cmd'r&Chief
10-01-2014, 06:44 AM
First person to find or post this episode online gets pos rep. It apparently won't be reairing anytime soon.

Dayze
10-01-2014, 07:34 AM
his wife looked very familiar; like someone famous . my wife and I were both trying to figure out who she looked like.

:hmmm:

CoMoChief
10-01-2014, 08:32 AM
is anyone really surprised he had a learning disability? The guy can barely complete normal sentences when he talks. Almost as bad as Salvador Perez, but at least he's from another country.

lcarus
10-01-2014, 08:43 AM
is anyone really surprised he had a learning disability? The guy can barely complete normal sentences when he talks. Almost as bad as Salvador Perez, but at least he's from another country.

His press conference after the Patriots game had the most "ya know what I'm sayin"s that I've ever heard. And I've been to Raytown quite a bit.

JimNasium
10-01-2014, 09:02 AM
I'd like to watch this but didn't get a chance to DVR it. For the life of me, I cannot find a schedule for when it will be on the air again. Can anyone help a brother out?

Dayze
10-01-2014, 09:05 AM
His press conference after the Patriots game had the most "ya know what I'm sayin"s that I've ever heard. And I've been to Raytown quite a bit.

LMAO

thabear04
10-01-2014, 09:21 AM
I'd like to watch this but didn't get a chance to DVR it. For the life of me, I cannot find a schedule for when it will be on the air again. Can anyone help a brother out?

Can't find nothing yet but if you like any of these people.

Tue. Sept. 30 (8:00pm) Jamaal Charles, Richard Sherman
Tue. Oct. 7 (8:00pm) Max Scherzer,
Tue. Oct. 14 (7:00pm) Gerald McCoy, Randy Johnson
Tue, Oct. 21 (8:00pm) Jason Witten
Tue. Oct. 28 (8:00pm) Rob Ryan
Tue, Nov. 4 (8:00pm) Cam Newton
*Air dates & stories subject to change

lcarus
10-01-2014, 09:24 AM

The game is up on Pirate Bay in 720p. It's like 6.5 gigs but it's worth it. Only took me about 30 minutes to download.

thabear04
10-01-2014, 09:28 AM
I found another one coming on at 2am for me on espn2 and espnU.

11Chiefs
10-01-2014, 09:30 AM
TV Guide app says upcoming repeats are:
10/2 @ 4:00AM on ESPN2
10/7 @ 1:00AM on ESPN2

JimNasium
10-01-2014, 09:51 AM
Thanks folks!!!

Simply Red
10-01-2014, 09:55 AM
Thanks folks!!!

You seem nice to me.

rico
10-01-2014, 03:42 PM
You seem nice to me.

Incredibly nice!!!!!!

BigRedChief
10-01-2014, 11:37 PM
Jamal's wife:

Going to Arrowhead is difficult. We can't wait to leave Kansas City. Being in Kansas City, even now is difficult.

crazycoffey
10-02-2014, 01:37 AM
Jamal's wife:

Going to Arrowhead is difficult. We can't wait to leave Kansas City. Being in Kansas City, even now is difficult.

Why?

OldSchool
10-02-2014, 01:43 AM
Why?

Wild guess, has to do with Jovan Belcher.

Jim Lahey
10-02-2014, 01:54 AM

He talks like J-Roc from trailer park boys

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-02-2014, 02:14 AM
Jamal's wife:

Welp, I'm glad we just extended his contract

crazycoffey
10-02-2014, 02:18 AM
Welp, I'm glad we just extended his contract

Trade him then

crazycoffey
10-02-2014, 06:12 AM
Trade him then

I said this in jest earlier, and I know it would be an unpopular topic but, really if he's that upset and bothered maybe it's a serious consideration. Get healed up, have a great game or two then shop him.

To Houston for Andre Johnson.

WhiteWhale
10-02-2014, 06:20 AM
Trade him then

Yeah... let's trade our best player, nuke our cap situation for the next few years (10+ mil cap hit) , and bring in an old WR who will want a new contract.

That's how you build a winner.

J Diddy
10-02-2014, 06:24 AM
Yeah... let's trade our best player, nuke our cap situation for the next few years (10+ mil cap hit) , and bring in an old WR who will want a new contract.

That's how you build a winner.

Signing light runningbacks who have had injuries to second and third contracts are not how you build a winner.

I like JC as much as the next guy but here's the reality. His first couple of years he was barely used so had little wear. With that in mind second contract made sense. Extending it after he's been used so much (especially after the season ending injury and the playoff injury) doesn't make much sense. He's going to start breaking down more and more imo until he's a shell.

Wallcrawler
10-02-2014, 06:53 AM
Wow that E60 piece was unbelievable

I didn't know Charles has a learning disability and competed in the special Olympics.

He still blames himself for the Belcher situation

Didn't he and his wife get Belcher and her cousin together in the first place?

That's a tough pill to swallow having something like that happen under those circumstances.

BigRedChief
10-02-2014, 07:07 AM
Why?He blames himself. He introduced them. He should be blaming CTE.

Also everyone he knows in the situation is suing the Chiefs. Wonder how much bad mouthing of the Chiefs he hears from the families. If true, that they knew his concussions were causing him to not think straight, he has to wonder, am I next. Why should I work for these guys?

My understanding is this was taped in the summer before the extension of the contract.

WhiteWhale
10-02-2014, 08:46 AM
Signing light runningbacks who have had injuries to second and third contracts are not how you build a winner.

I like JC as much as the next guy but here's the reality. His first couple of years he was barely used so had little wear. With that in mind second contract made sense. Extending it after he's been used so much (especially after the season ending injury and the playoff injury) doesn't make much sense. He's going to start breaking down more and more imo until he's a shell.

He's already signed. IF KC trades him this season it's a ten million dollar cap hit.

KC can release Charles in 2015 for a minimal hit and beyond that it would not cost us a thing. That's how this contract is structured.

There is no risk here. The team's future is protected and JC stands to get well paid so long as he performs. What you're complaining about doesn't actually make any sense. We run him until he's done and can release him with minimal cap issues after this season. What, exactly, do you have a problem with?

Marcellus
10-02-2014, 01:39 PM

Did you happen to watch the game Monday night?

Hootie
10-02-2014, 01:43 PM
I said this in jest earlier, and I know it would be an unpopular topic but, really if he's that upset and bothered maybe it's a serious consideration. Get healed up, have a great game or two then shop him.

To Houston for Andre Johnson.
Andre is done, but even if he wasn't...Alex doesn't throw to receivers so...

Mr. Flopnuts
10-02-2014, 02:01 PM
I'm sure part of the consideration when he extended was the fact that it's a completely different regime in the building now.

kcxiv
10-02-2014, 02:20 PM
He blames himself. He introduced them. He should be blaming CTE.

Also everyone he knows in the situation is suing the Chiefs. Wonder how much bad mouthing of the Chiefs he hears from the families. If true, that they knew his concussions were causing him to not think straight, he has to wonder, am I next. Why should I work for these guys?

My understanding is this was taped in the summer before the extension of the contract.

There is always going to be a part of him that says I should have never introduced him. I'm not sure u ever fully get over that. Its not his fault he knows that/ Belcher is the one that snapped. Tough n bad n sad situation all around.

Hootie
10-02-2014, 02:46 PM
I'm not an asshole, so I have no problem rewarding guys like Charles $$$ if they outperform their previous contract...even if it doesn't work out down the road. Running backs have it so unfair monetarily in the NFL. Guys like Alfred Morris will barely make a million dollars before their second contract and then they'll get nothing since they've been abused for four years making pennies on the dollar. Rookie running back contracts should be 2 years with player options.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-02-2014, 02:48 PM
I'm not an asshole, so I have no problem rewarding guys like Charles $$$ if they outperform their previous contract...even if it doesn't work out down the road. Running backs have it so unfair monetarily in the NFL. Guys like Alfred Morris will barely make a million dollars before their second contract and then they'll get nothing since they've been abused for four years making pennies on the dollar. Rookie running back contracts should be 2 years with player options.

The way the game is anymore, I agree with you entirely.

The Franchise
10-02-2014, 02:52 PM

I've always wondered why they didn't cut the contracts down to 3 years with an option for a 4th instead of 4 years and an option for a 5th. Players usually get it by the 3rd year. A team would usually know by then if they had it or not and if they wanted to keep them.

ModSocks
10-02-2014, 02:54 PM

Charles is a different kind of back. We're not talking about the traditional pound it up the center's ass 350 times a season.

Couple that with the emergence of Knile davis who can split the load with him and there's no reason to think that we won't get good value out of Charles and his contract.

WhiteWhale
10-02-2014, 06:41 PM
I'm sure part of the consideration when he extended was the fact that it's a completely different regime in the building now.

Players are unbelievably loyal... to their team-mates.

Marcellus
10-02-2014, 06:46 PM

Not to mention the E:60 show could have been recorder prior to the extension.

Hard to believe she would say those things after they signed an extension.

BigRedChief
10-02-2014, 06:49 PM

Hard to believe she would say those things after they signed an extension.It was recorded before the extension.

OldSchool
10-02-2014, 06:50 PM
I'm pretty sure that his wife's comments stem from the fact that they are still very much traumatized by the Belcher incident.

Marcellus
10-02-2014, 06:52 PM
It was recorded before the extension.

I kind of figured. Sounds like she has some hang ups with the city but they are here for a while now.

Funny how some more $ can change your mind.

kcxiv
10-02-2014, 06:56 PM

Hard to believe she would say those things after they signed an extension.

THey could still feel that way, but money makes you delay the moving! It has nothign to do with KC the city, it has more to do with the tragedy and thats totally understandable.

rico
10-02-2014, 10:30 PM

God, that's a good point.