bdj23
10-01-2014, 06:48 PM
ISIS?

loochy
10-01-2014, 06:50 PM
Ebolaids?

GoShox
10-01-2014, 06:52 PM
Only the Chiefs could completely smash the Patriots and have the post-game talk consist only of 1. how bad the Patriots are and 2. a religious debate.

OldSchool
10-01-2014, 07:09 PM
Only the Chiefs could completely smash the Patriots and have the post-game talk consist only of 1. how bad the Patriots are and 2. a religious debate.

You know, the funny thing is that if we barely managed to beat the Patriots, they would probably talk more about us. But we blew them out, so it became about how bad the Patriots look rather than how good we look.

Gonzo
10-01-2014, 07:12 PM
It's Obamas fault!

LiveSteam
10-01-2014, 07:13 PM
It's Obamas fault!

This X 100

The Poz
10-01-2014, 07:14 PM

I listen NFL radio on Sirius FM to and from work and no mention at all of how good the Chiefs were on Monday. Just how bad the Pats are and Tom Brady this, and Tom Brady that. Pathetic!

TLO
10-01-2014, 07:17 PM
Ok?

bsroyals54
10-01-2014, 07:19 PM
Ok?

COPIER

Red Dawg
10-01-2014, 08:42 PM
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLWas he responsible for 9/11?

crazycoffey
10-01-2014, 09:06 PM
He beheaded Andy Reid's pork chop sandwich

Mr. Laz
10-01-2014, 09:27 PM
Why in the fuck would anyone watch Fox News?

complete trash

Rausch
10-01-2014, 09:33 PM
Why in the **** would anyone watch Fox News?

1) Hit MUTE.

2)http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-nl50ztfmys8/UHqp5qUK34I/AAAAAAAAAf0/P5s-jQl-L6c/s400/Julie+Banderas+legs+-anchorbabesdotblogspotdotcom.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-w1bSgYnYjD4/UHqp66kmqiI/AAAAAAAAAf8/eq0BT8_UFQs/s400/Julie+Banderas+legs.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-r0mYvgvssMk/UHqqDU-2vNI/AAAAAAAAAg0/XoNXxyOn1qs/s400/laurie-dhue.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-u3jXWtuFvNM/UwvLgNJee6I/AAAAAAAA1fs/9Ypld5qbdvg/s1600/fox02a.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-S9_AtLUXUcw/Uw1cspZBPhI/AAAAAAAA1iA/qomIhaTaGfI/s1600/fox04.jpg

Tribal Warfare
10-01-2014, 09:38 PM
Why in the fuck would anyone watch Fox News?

complete trash

you could say that about every news oriented cable channel.

Psyko Tek
10-01-2014, 09:40 PM
I listen NFL radio on Sirius FM to and from work and no mention at all of how good the Chiefs were on Monday. Just how bad the Pats are and Tom Brady this, and Tom Brady that. Pathetic!

same shit last year when we beat the cowboys..
because we are the chiefs

J Diddy
10-01-2014, 09:42 PM
same shit last year when we beat the cowboys..
because we are the chiefs

I hope it continues. We all know what happens when the Chiefs get their balls washed. Overconfidence followed by taking cute little bunny shits on the field.

Baby Lee
10-03-2014, 08:10 AM
Broads talking sports

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fowGFWT82TE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gravedigger
10-03-2014, 08:15 AM
1) Hit MUTE.

2)http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-nl50ztfmys8/UHqp5qUK34I/AAAAAAAAAf0/P5s-jQl-L6c/s400/Julie+Banderas+legs+-anchorbabesdotblogspotdotcom.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-w1bSgYnYjD4/UHqp66kmqiI/AAAAAAAAAf8/eq0BT8_UFQs/s400/Julie+Banderas+legs.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-r0mYvgvssMk/UHqqDU-2vNI/AAAAAAAAAg0/XoNXxyOn1qs/s400/laurie-dhue.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-u3jXWtuFvNM/UwvLgNJee6I/AAAAAAAA1fs/9Ypld5qbdvg/s1600/fox02a.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-S9_AtLUXUcw/Uw1cspZBPhI/AAAAAAAA1iA/qomIhaTaGfI/s1600/fox04.jpg

Meh, I can get better through websites on the internet that do alot more. Just seeing the logo would be enough to make me want to change the channel.

Gravedigger
10-03-2014, 08:17 AM
AND since when is it illegal to slide on your knees into the end zone? What a bullshit cop out, if that is a rule then answer me why it even exists in the first place? What incident got someone saying, "Sliding into the end zone promotes showboating and is unsafe for the players knees!"

Baby Lee
10-03-2014, 08:40 AM
AND since when is it illegal to slide on your knees into the end zone? What a bullshit cop out, if that is a rule then answer me why it even exists in the first place? What incident got someone saying, "Sliding into the end zone promotes showboating and is unsafe for the players knees!"

1. It is a penalty in the NFL, for better or worse it just is. It's written down and voted on and everything.

2. Going to ground is one of the ways they differentiate spontaneous outbursts of celebration and planned coordinated showboating or belittling the opposition.

3. They have a religious observance exception that the referee misapplied/failed to apply. For that referee error they apologized the next day.

4. They don't care if Gravedigger@Chiefsplanet approves or not. They are more concerned with stopping the sideshows and self-aggrandizement that they felt had gotten out of hand in recent years.

5. It's a penalty in a game, not a prison sentence.

Direckshun
10-03-2014, 08:50 AM
1. It is a penalty in the NFL, for better or worse it just is. It's written down and voted on and everything.

2. Going to ground is one of the ways they differentiate spontaneous outbursts of celebration and planned coordinated showboating or belittling the opposition.

3. They have a religious observance exception that the referee misapplied/failed to apply. For that referee error they apologized the next day.

4. They don't care if Gravedigger@Chiefsplanet approves or not. They are more concerned with stopping the sideshows and self-aggrandizement that they felt had gotten out of hand in recent years.

Well.

Anybody hungry? Let's go get lunch.

ottawa_chiefs_fan
10-03-2014, 08:51 AM
They can still do what they want in the Canadian Football League after scoring and the world has not ended. It is a bit ironic that the USA is the world leader in freedom (at least perceived as such) and still have rules like this limiting freedom of expression.

Baby Lee
10-03-2014, 08:54 AM
They can still do what they want in the Canadian Football League after scoring and the world has not ended. It is a bit ironic that the USA is the world leader in freedom (at least perceived as such) and still have rules like this limiting freedom of expression.

Oh rest assured, we have a Constitutional Amendment to govern this travesty of sporting entertainment oppression coursing through the states as we speak.

Direckshun
10-03-2014, 08:55 AM

I'm guessing the next time you secured a sale at a car dealership, or wherever you work, you'd be reprimanded by your employer by doing an elaborate celebration dance where customers can see you.

That's what this is.

I'm all for letting the touchdown celebrations go wild, but saying this limits a constitutional right is hilarious. Employers can reasonably punish their employees for making them look bad.

Baby Lee
10-03-2014, 08:58 AM
I'm guessing the next time you secured a sale at a car dealership, or wherever you work, you'd be reprimanded by your employer by doing an elaborate celebration dance where customers can see you.

That's what this is.

I'm all for letting the touchdown celebrations go wild, but saying this limits a constitutional right is hilarious. Employers can reasonably punish their employees for making them look bad.

Speak for yourself, every time I get a diner to assent to 'fries with that' I go all 'MNF Chiefs fan with soda bottle' on the other dining ambassadors on the front line.

"Unf, UNF!! You take it, you take that dick!! I am the upsell MASTER!!!"

ottawa_chiefs_fan
10-03-2014, 09:05 AM
whatever - i just find it hilarious that the NFL feels the need to get this finite in its rules governing what you can do after scoring a touchdown. And there are no rules around celebrating a meaningful sale where I work - although it usually just devolves into heavy drinking.

Baby Lee
10-03-2014, 09:11 AM
whatever - i just find it hilarious that the NFL feels the need to get this finite in its rules governing what you can do after scoring a touchdown. And there are no rules around celebrating a meaningful sale where I work - although it usually just devolves into heavy drinking.

Looking for a little more infinity in celebration rules, are we?

crazycoffey
10-03-2014, 09:18 AM
How about this silly rule; I drove to texas for a funeral, get to town around midnight and I can't buy a bottle of crown to take the hotel for a couple unwind drinks after driving 10 hours. If I had arrived at 910pm, I still wouldn't be able to.

Bullshit.

The Franchise
10-03-2014, 09:21 AM
Broads talking sports

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fowGFWT82TE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:facepalm:

Lzen
10-03-2014, 10:26 AM

Well the problem is that you're looking at it all wrong. The NFL is not the USA. The NFL is a business within the USA and they are free to make any rule they want as long as it doesn't violate EEO. The US Constitution is a whole separate thing.
And remember NFL = No Fun League.

temper11
10-03-2014, 10:32 AM
Why in the **** would anyone watch Fox News?

complete trash

Because I'm conservative (politically) and every other fucking news channel is bent so far to the left that it is unwatchable for me.

No such thing as non-partisan news anymore. Shame.

chiefzilla1501
10-03-2014, 10:41 AM

I wish people would stop using the word sliding.

There is no official rule on sliding. There is a rule on going to the ground. HUGE difference. There are people on espn claiming that even if this was religious expression it's still a flag because he slid. That's flat out wrong. Sliding falls into the category of going to the ground.

chiefzilla1501
10-03-2014, 10:46 AM
Speak for yourself, every time I get a diner to assent to 'fries with that' I go all 'MNF Chiefs fan with soda bottle' on the other dining ambassadors on the front line.

"Unf, UNF!! You take it, you take that dick!! I am the upsell MASTER!!!"
Penalties create advantage for one team. It costs one team 15 yards.

I would rather those advantages be based on 1) Stuff that actually affects football play on the field. 2) stuff that can be viewed objectively. Excessive celebration is neither of those things. So fuck these rules.

I mean, we now have referees who have to interpret what constitutes religious expression? They're nfl officials, not priests. This rule is so fucking stupid and poorly planned out and needs to be eliminated asap. The use of props and the group celebration deal is clear cut. Dunking through the uprights is clear cut. Going to the ground, as we see here, is not clear cut.

We would all have a very different opinion of this if we lost by 3 points.

temper11
10-03-2014, 10:49 AM

It isn't against the law... This isn't a USA thing, it's an NFL thing. It (professional football) is a product they are trying to sell, and they believed that the celebrations were getting out of hand (hiding props in the goal posts, etc, etc.) and damaging their product. It's really that simple.

I don't know what exactly caused a rule to be put in place that prohibits going to the ground except in the event of religious expression. Seems stupid and excessive to me, but the penalty was correct. The guy slid on his knees in the end-zone. I don't recall ever seeing a Muslim start his prayer to mecca with a running start. Had he stopped and then went to the ground and bowed, the flag wouldn't have been thrown. Anyone trying to make this into a religious thing is just trying to pile on to the NFL at this point. It's the biggest, hottest thing going and people always like to try and take the biggest dog down.

chiefzilla1501
10-03-2014, 10:51 AM
It isn't against the law... This isn't a USA thing, it's an NFL thing. It (professional football) is a product they are trying to sell, and they believed that the celebrations were getting out of hand (hiding props in the goal posts, etc, etc.) and damaging their product. It's really that simple.

I don't know what exactly caused a rule to be put in place that prohibits going to the ground except in the event of religious expression. Seems stupid and excessive to me, but the penalty was correct. The guy slid on his knees in the end-zone. I don't recall ever seeing a Muslim start his prayer to mecca with a running start. Had he stopped and then went to the ground and bowed, the flag wouldn't have been thrown. Anyone trying to make this into a religious thing is just trying to pile on to the NFL at this point. It's the biggest, hottest thing going and people always like to try and take the biggest dog down.
It was 100 percent the wrong call. It had nothing to do with freedom of religion until the NFL created this moronic rule I the first place. The NFL is getting piled on because it is a dumb fucking rule. And it starts to matter when stupid rules create advantages for one team based on referee interpretation.

There is currently no rule that separates religious expression from anything else. So if a player wants to pick up a pylon and make a sign of the cross, the rules say nothing about what to do there. I hope that's exactly what happens to show the NFL how fucking stupid this rule is.

The Franchise
10-03-2014, 10:52 AM
Broads talking sports

:facepalm:

So let me get this straight. Rosie O'Donnell thinks that the NFL is obviously in bed with the US Government. And then that the US Government needed a reason to back their bombing of Syria....so they penalized a muslim football player for celebrating?

Holy fuck.

temper11
10-03-2014, 11:04 AM
Penalties create advantage for one team. It costs one team 15 yards.

I would rather those advantages be based on 1) Stuff that actually affects football play on the field. 2) stuff that can be viewed objectively. Excessive celebration is neither of those things. So **** these rules.

I mean, we now have referees who have to interpret what constitutes religious expression? They're nfl officials, not priests. This rule is so ****ing stupid and poorly planned out and needs to be eliminated asap. The use of props and the group celebration deal is clear cut. Dunking through the uprights is clear cut. Going to the ground, as we see here, is not clear cut.

We would all have a very different opinion of this if we lost by 3 points.

Agreed. When I first watched the game, I didn't immediately think... "oh, he's bowing to mecca, or praying, or something". I just thought... really, THAT is going to get flagged for excessive celebration?! Then I learned of the rule about "going to the ground" and the fact that Abdullah is muslim and was praying, and I just felt sorry for the official. There is too many of these over-regulated rules now that are getting in the way of the actual game.

Felt the same thing about the hit to Foles. Was it a hit to the helmet, or helmet on helmet? No. Was it a late hit? No. Was it a block in the back? No. Was Foles a defenseless player? He shouldn't have been - if he was that's his fault, you are on a football field son. Was Foles pursuing the ball carrier? Yes.

WTF is the problem then? Blow him up. The officials are being asked to do too much now.

Kiimo
10-03-2014, 11:07 AM

That's what this is.

See because selling cars is just like football.

temper11
10-03-2014, 11:09 AM
So let me get this straight. Rosie O'Donnell thinks that the NFL is obviously in bed with the US Government. And then that the US Government needed a reason to back their bombing of Syria....so they penalized a muslim football player for celebrating?

Holy ****.

ha ha ha exactly. NFL is like every other corporation, they are in business to make money. Period. CAPITALISM IS GOOD people.

blaise
10-03-2014, 11:10 AM
I still don't really know why he made FOX news.

htismaqe
10-03-2014, 11:11 AM

Holy fuck.

ROFL

htismaqe
10-03-2014, 11:12 AM
I still don't really know why he made FOX news.

Because Fox News is full of bigots. Get with the program.

temper11
10-03-2014, 11:14 AM
It was 100 percent the wrong call. It had nothing to do with freedom of religion until the NFL created this moronic rule I the first place. The NFL is getting piled on because it is a dumb ****ing rule. And it starts to matter when stupid rules create advantages for one team based on referee interpretation.

There is currently no rule that separates religious expression from anything else. So if a player wants to pick up a pylon and make a sign of the cross, the rules say nothing about what to do there. I hope that's exactly what happens to show the NFL how ****ing stupid this rule is.

I agree with you that the rule is stupid. But it is a rule the nfl has put in place. It's the job of the referee to enforce the rules the NFL has given him to enforce. Because you and I think the rule is stupid, does not mean the official should not have called it.

temper11
10-03-2014, 11:16 AM
So if a player wants to pick up a pylon and make a sign of the cross, the rules say nothing about what to do there.

I think he'd get penalized for using props wouldn't he?

The Franchise
10-03-2014, 11:19 AM
I think he'd get penalized for using props wouldn't he?

Yes. You can't use the pylons for any celebration.

Baby Lee
10-03-2014, 11:20 AM
I agree with you that the rule is stupid. But it is a rule the nfl has put in place. It's the job of the referee to enforce the rules the NFL has given him to enforce. Because you and I think the rule is stupid, does not mean the official should not have called it.

Don't you know that the NFL rule book is tacitly subject to referee nullification?

Baby Lee
10-03-2014, 11:22 AM

Holy fuck.

ROFL

Because Fox News is full of bigots. Get with the program.

The irony of everyone atwitter "Oh, what is the evil FOX NEWS going to do with this, a big mean Muslim man?!?!?!?!"

Then it turns out the yentas of The View are the ones who end up stepping on their own dicks.

I somehow doubt this will get any of that delicious Jon Stewart snark, though.

htismaqe
10-03-2014, 11:24 AM
Then it turns out the yentas of The View are the ones who end up stepping on their own dicks.

QFT.

1) They do that quite often and
2) It's true, Rosie O'Donnell has a penis.

ottawa_chiefs_fan
10-03-2014, 11:30 AM

Infinity......and beyond, if possible.

ottawa_chiefs_fan
10-03-2014, 11:35 AM

I assume that you are mocking my use of the english language? One synonym for finite is "fixed". Hence having a "fixed" number of rules for celebration to me is crazy. Where does it end once you start making rules for this? People are only limited by the creativity of the human mind - and that is indeed, infinite.

chiefzilla1501
10-03-2014, 11:35 AM
This is absolutely not the fault of the official. When the NFL creates rules that are subject to interpretation, this happens. Completely agree with you.

At least on the personal foul front, you get the intention. I support rules protecting qbs because not doing so basically opens up bounty gate scenarios where teams want to Tonya harding a QB. Td celebrations is a different story. Who the fuck cares if a player goes to the ground, especially if it can't be judged objectively.

chiefzilla1501
10-03-2014, 11:37 AM
Yes. You can't use the pylons for any celebration.
The NFL also said celebrations are allowed if for religious expression. See the gray area?

Baby Lee
10-03-2014, 11:40 AM
I assume that you are mocking my use of the english language? One synonym for finite is "fixed". Hence having a "fixed" number of rules for celebration to me is crazy. Where does it end once you start making rules for this? People are only limited by the creativity of the human mind - and that is indeed, infinite.

How is that different from what I said, yes mockingly, earlier?

It looks like, in an effort to refute my snark, you are just digging deeper.

At first, I was just joshing. Now I'm starting to become concerned.

cosmo20002
10-03-2014, 11:43 AM

Yeah, but...its Canada. The "worst" they might do is not politely hand the ball to the ref after scoring.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-03-2014, 11:47 AM
Because Fox News is full of hot chicks with long legs. Get with the program.

Fixed :D

cosmo20002
10-03-2014, 11:52 AM
I wish people would stop using the word sliding.

There is no official rule on sliding. There is a rule on going to the ground. HUGE difference. There are people on espn claiming that even if this was religious expression it's still a flag because he slid. That's flat out wrong. Sliding falls into the category of going to the ground.

So what if a player, after scoring, wants to set up a nativity scene with his teammates?

Is a that a celebratory religious expression or a choreographed celebration? And what of baby Jebus laying there? Are the refs going to flag baby Jebus for being on the ground?

Swanman
10-03-2014, 11:53 AM
The NFL also said celebrations are allowed if for religious expression. See the gray area?

What if the cross is upside down? Even grayer.

chiefzilla1501
10-03-2014, 11:57 AM
So what if a player, after scoring, wants to set up a nativity scene with his teammates?

Is a that a celebratory religious expression or a choreographed celebration? And what of baby Jebus laying there? Are the refs going to flag baby Jebus for being on the ground?
There are a million scenarios to draft up. I pointed to an outrageous one. The point being, why have these gray area rules at all? Here should be the NFL stance. Who gives a fuck about players going to the ground? There is a clear cut rule on dunking through the uprights, group celebration, and using props. Religious expression is allowed unless you are expressing in those 3 ways above.

Boom. No gray area.