PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs If we beat the 49ers

OldSchool
10-02-2014, 05:52 PM
Will the national media be talking about how much the 49ers suck too and that all of their distractions are making them play terribly?

Or will people finally see that the Chiefs are actually pretty good?

On the flip side, if we lose, what will be the story? How dominant the 49ers are?

The Franchise
10-02-2014, 05:53 PM
If we win....it will be how Harbaugh has lost the players.

If we lose....then everyone will talk about how the Chiefs are who they thought they were.

jd1020
10-02-2014, 05:54 PM
I like how people care so much about what the media is saying.

Strongside
10-02-2014, 05:54 PM
Win - Serious concerns in SF. Sky is falling.

Lose- Serious concerns in SF. Barely beat the Chiefs.

Sandy Vagina
10-02-2014, 05:55 PM
Will the national media be talking about how much the 49ers suck too and that all of their distractions are making them play terribly?

On the flip side, if we lose, what will be the story?

I think the Chiefs will get lots of good publicity for going on the road on a short week and beating a talented team. They will deserve it.

Honestly, I don't care a lick about all of that gobble gobble talk.

If KC wins this Sunday afternoon, I am partying naked, and living high all year!

OldSchool
10-02-2014, 05:56 PM

Ok then, what would your perception be? Will it depend entirely upon how we went about winning/losing?

jd1020
10-02-2014, 05:58 PM
Ok then, what would your perception be? Will it depend entirely upon how we went about winning/losing?

My perception wont be anything because I dont give a fuck about ESPN.

a pp roach
10-02-2014, 06:01 PM
If the Chiefs beat the 49ers I think the Chiefs get some credit and start getting to be overrated again.

And if the 49ers win, well...business as usual. Everyone expected that to happen so likely it will be buried deep among the other highlights from the week.

nychief
10-02-2014, 06:03 PM
Gotta split on this west coast jaunt.

Scooter LaCanforno
10-02-2014, 06:13 PM
It's not easy winning on the road, after a big Monday Night Win. I'd say the odds are against the Chiefs with six days rest.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-02-2014, 06:15 PM
All of our resident 49er fans that came over with Alex have their Super Bowl this Sunday. If they bother you, expect it to be ten times worse when we win on Sunday. That's the real story. :evil:

jd1020
10-02-2014, 06:17 PM
All of our resident 49er fans that came over with Alex have their Super Bowl this Sunday. If they bother you, expect it to be ten times worse when we win on Sunday. That's the real story. :evil:

I've already purchased front row tickets to the production of Alex "The Answer" Smith.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-02-2014, 06:18 PM
I've already purchased front row tickets to the production of Alex "The Answer" Smith.

I can get you some meet and greet passes if you're interested.

jd1020
10-02-2014, 06:19 PM
I can get you some meet and greet passes if you're interested.

OH MY GOD!!!
OH MY GOD!!!
OH MY GOD!!!
OH MY GOD!!!

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

cosmo20002
10-02-2014, 06:24 PM

On the flip side, if we lose, what will be the story? How dominant the 49ers are?

Exactly 4 days ago, the people ON THIS BOARD OF CHIEFS FANS were talking about how bad the Chiefs suck. Now were supposed to be pissed the national media isn't praising us enough?

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-02-2014, 06:26 PM
OP:

Stop trying to find things to get butthurt over, you biggity bitch. The 49ers are 2-2. They aren't some juggernaut. If look at the NFL this year, there are about 24 teams that could beat one another with little outside luck. There are another four or so that are clearly better than the pack, and four that are just horrendous.

No one cares about the Bills anymore, but that's not due to a media conspiracy; they've sucked for twenty years. I don't remember ESPN being a propaganda arm of the Patriots in 1992, either.

The inferiority complex of Kansas City fans is astounding. If you want attention, win. And to be honest, why the fuck do you need media attention? Does someone covering the team validate your fandom or make you feel like more of a person?

OldSchool
10-02-2014, 06:27 PM
Exactly 4 days ago, the people ON THIS BOARD OF CHIEFS FANS were talking about how bad the Chiefs suck. Now were supposed to be pissed the national media isn't praising us enough?

Well, at least I'm a bit annoyed at the fact that we got pretty much no credit for dismantling the Patriots' entire team on Monday Night Football. Instead, it was all about how much the Patriots suck and how they are in trouble. Jesus, at least give our team props for putting together 3 good games in a row now.

cosmo20002
10-02-2014, 06:31 PM
Well, at least I'm a bit annoyed at the fact that we got pretty much no credit for dismantling the Patriots' entire team on Monday Night Football. Instead, it was all about how much the Patriots suck and how they are in trouble. Jesus, at least give our team props for putting together 3 good games in a row now.

I guess I just don't care about the media giving credit. The Chiefs don't have a recent long history of winning like the Pats, so I guess I can understand if they cover the angle that one of the great teams and players of the last 15 years is faltering.

If the Chiefs win enough games, the media will start over-hyping them soon enough.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-02-2014, 06:32 PM

Who fucking cares? Are you more likely to win a championship because the MNF crew gives you dap after the game for winning?

I always thought the object of the game was to win, not draw breathy praise.

Gadzooks
10-02-2014, 06:32 PM

3 good games in a row = 3-1

In58men
10-02-2014, 06:35 PM
Nobody cares about the Chuefs. Remember last season? Nobody cared lol. Same ole song and dance.

O.city
10-02-2014, 06:36 PM
OP:

Stop trying to find things to get butthurt over, you biggity bitch. The 49ers are 2-2. They aren't some juggernaut. If look at the NFL this year, there are about 24 teams that could beat one another with little outside luck. There are another four or so that are clearly better than the pack, and four that are just horrendous.

No one cares about the Bills anymore, but that's not due to a media conspiracy; they've sucked for twenty years. I don't remember ESPN being a propaganda arm of the Patriots in 1992, either.

The inferiority complex of Kansas City fans is astounding. If you want attention, win. And to be honest, why the **** do you need media attention? Does someone covering the team validate your fandom or make you feel like more of a person?

Curious who said 4 teams are?

Gadzooks
10-02-2014, 06:40 PM
Nobody cares about the Chuefs. Remember last season? Nobody cared lol. Same ole song and dance.

It takes a few good seasons and a SB until ESPN will lick their lips and approach the penis of the Chiefs.

In58men
10-02-2014, 06:41 PM
It takes a few good seasons until ESPN will lick their lips and approach the penis of the Chiefs.

It won't happen for a very long time.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-02-2014, 06:43 PM
Curious who said 4 teams are?

Top Four: Seattle, Cincinnati, Denver, San Diego

Bottom Four: Oakland, Jacksonville, Tampa, St. Louis

O.city
10-02-2014, 06:45 PM

I can see Seattle and Cinci.

Not sure about the other two though.

Gadzooks
10-02-2014, 06:52 PM
I think the rub is that if you're the Cowboys, any east coast team (other than Buffalo), or a team that won the SB in the past 10 years, ESPN and the rest of the mouth breathing media outlets, will suck the penis.

Any football fan who knows their shit doesn't give a **** what they say. The only thing that comes with media attention is band-wagoners and wives to ruin your watching experience. It's made the Super Bowl a lame event!!!

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-02-2014, 06:55 PM
I can see Seattle and Cinci.

Not sure about the other two though.

San Diego is really, really fucking good. They are better than Denver, and once they get a healthy Matthews back, they are probably the best team in the conference, IMO.

Gadzooks
10-02-2014, 06:57 PM
San Diego is really, really ****ing good. They are better than Denver, and once they get a healthy Matthews back, they are probably the best team in the conference, IMO.

It's Mathews, (one "t"). Thanks.:D

Hammock Parties
If we beat the 49ers I'll change my avatar.

O.city
San Diego is really, really ****ing good. They are better than Denver, and once they get a healthy Matthews back, they are probably the best team in the conference, IMO.

They are, but I think it's because Rivers is just at another level right now. He's carrying that offense.

ping2000
10-02-2014, 06:58 PM
Who cares, and yes.

stumppy
10-02-2014, 07:04 PM
After this weekend I thought it was bullshit the way any damn form of media that had anything to say about that game just talked about how bad the Cheatriots were. It's been that way for many many years. But I the more I thought about it the more I like the idea of not drawing attention.
If the Chiefs are turning in to a competitive team the less attention the better. The last thing I want is for the media talking about how much better they're getting, how competitive they are or how they're going to be a tough matchup for so&so team the coming week.
The less attention the better. And, if they shit their pants this season ...well....that whole less attention thing just means fewer people who know what idiots we all are for being Chiefs fans.:D

Gadzooks
10-02-2014, 07:05 PM
They are, but I think it's because Rivers is just at another level right now. He's carrying that offense.

Buck has said this before, and I agree, Rivers will lose you 1 or 2 games a year on his own. Considering the injuries, he's shown the ability to carry a team on his back for the other 14 games.

I like Hamas' top 4. Who would you replace Cinci and SD with?

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-02-2014, 07:08 PM
It's Mathews, (one "t"). Thanks.:D

I initially typed it with one "t", but I went back and changed it because it just looked wrong to the eye.

Regardless, you're getting the best QB play in the league right now. If Allen bounces back at all, your defense has improved enough for you to take a lot of teams to the brick oven.

stumppy
10-02-2014, 07:09 PM

Who cares !

Just another attempt to slither your way back in to being a Chiefs fan.

O.city
10-02-2014, 07:11 PM
I'm still skeptical of the chargers d but rivers is just a badass right now

Easy 6
10-02-2014, 10:07 PM
The only way the national media will start talking about KC in the same light as other darlings, is if they go on a very deep run in the playoffs, atleast make it to the AFC championship game... at that point they'll have no choice but to cover the team favorably.

Until then, they're predisposed to write us off because we simply havent done shit in forever, not even really during the Vermeil years.

TribalElder
10-02-2014, 10:10 PM
We are going to throw them a beating and send the 49ers into full meltdown

ThaVirus
10-02-2014, 10:11 PM
The Chargers are missing Mathews and Woodhead with Keenan Allen underperforming.

If they get healthy and everyone starts clicking they could be very, very scary.

cdcox
10-02-2014, 10:18 PM
If we win the SB, none of this will matter. If we don't, the media was right all along. No need to get butt hurt over it.

Simply Red
10-02-2014, 10:29 PM
I just hope Travis is an option all day vs SF ..

Gadzooks
10-02-2014, 10:37 PM
Travis is a mean person.

BigCatDaddy
10-02-2014, 10:47 PM

I thought you were a 49er fan transplant?

Bearcat
10-02-2014, 10:59 PM
The inferiority complex of Kansas City fans is astounding. If you want attention, win. And to be honest, why the **** do you need media attention? Does someone covering the team validate your fandom or make you feel like more of a person?

It's mind boggling... they haven't won ANYTHING significant in TWENTY YEARS and every time they win a couple games, some people demand respect from the national media while acting clueless as to why they talk about teams like the Patriots.

There's a reason people are talking about the Royals, and it's not because they took first place for a few days sometime 3 months ago.

Psyko Tek
10-02-2014, 11:13 PM

wow you are new
yes on the first
no on the second
we will be ignored

Fritz88
10-02-2014, 11:14 PM
They know Alex too well. They will have a plan for him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Psyko Tek
10-02-2014, 11:16 PM

what none of those are in the EASTERN conferences ESPN fail

GoChargers
10-02-2014, 11:32 PM

To be fair, we do have plenty of weapons in the passing game (so much so that Ladarius Green is still being underutilized).

MMXcalibur
10-02-2014, 11:33 PM
I was resigned to a 2-14 season a few weeks ago.
I'm just along for the ride right now. I don't much care what the media says.

Going out there and giving 110%. Lay it all on the line...etc...etc.

Mav
10-03-2014, 12:54 AM
They know Alex too well. They will have a plan for him.
Posted via Mobile Device
They know Alex.

Alex knows everyone, and every thing......

Anyong Bluth
10-03-2014, 01:28 AM
My perception wont be anything because I dont give a fuck about ESPN.

It's truly cathartic dropping espn programming from your regular viewing habits and only tune in for actual live sporting events and the 30 for 30 series. The rest is history horrible, and unlike back in the day, if you really want coverage and highlights the Internet has it in spades.

TimBone
10-03-2014, 01:35 AM

Why do you like it?

kysirsoze
10-03-2014, 01:36 AM

If we lose....then everyone will talk about how the Chiefs are who they thought they were.

/thread

RobBlake
10-03-2014, 01:37 AM
thing about the pats game was how the pats lost the game... the bigger story is whats going on with a recent dynasty and less about a so-so KC team that took advantage of the Pats. NOW, if KC beats the niners.. then KC will raise some eyebrows

kysirsoze
10-03-2014, 01:42 AM

I saw a LOT of positive coverage of the Chiefs. Lots of people blowing them. Of COURSE its news that the Patriots got blown out. They have been one of the top teams in the NFL for over a decade.

I loved that we were basically credited with being the first nail in the coffin of that corrupt, annoying ass franchise. The Chiefs coverage this week has been great, IMO.

That said.... we get a non-blowout win this week (which I think is the best case scenario) the interesting media story is Harbaugh losing the 9ers. If we lose, then if anyone bothers to talk about it, it will be how the 9ers are rebounding and we are as bad as people thought after 0-2 (or close)

Either way, I don't really give a shit. This has been the most amazing KC sports week of my life and I'm not going to let ratings based decisions derail it for a second.

Exoter175
10-03-2014, 02:40 AM

Nail on the head exactly what the media will say, guaranteed.

One slight addendum to that might be that people start raising questions about Kaepernick's ability to produce at QB, since a Chiefs win will ultimately focus on Kaep and Harbaabbbbabbaaa

Baby Lee
10-03-2014, 04:09 AM
HEADLINE: Colin distracted by baby mama drama

http://uproxx.com/sports/2014/10/did-colin-kaepernick-impregnate-this-fitness-model-she-sure-seems-to-think-so/

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Brittany-Renner-Colin-Kaepernick-8.jpg

bshmerlie
10-03-2014, 04:13 AM
If the Chiefs win it will be because Kap has a bad day. The media will then all be talking about if Kap was the right decision over Alex. If the Chiefs lose, as long as they keep it respectable like the Denver game, then the world will continue on as if nothing happened because the 49ers are expected to win. All the pressure is really on Kap.

Warrior5
10-03-2014, 05:56 AM
thing about the pats game was how the pats lost the game... the bigger story is whats going on with a recent dynasty and less about a so-so KC team that took advantage of the Pats. NOW, if KC beats the niners.. then KC will raise some eyebrows

This here.

Big Poppa Payne
10-03-2014, 06:29 AM
They went 9-0 last year and everyone (the media) thought they were paper tigers and they were right. The Chiefs won't get the respect we all want them to get until they win a playoff game. You want respect? Do something meaningful in the playoffs, it's that simple.

Sandy Vagina
10-03-2014, 06:58 AM
Marcus Cooper... added to the injury list with a knee issue, according to AP.

Steron
10-03-2014, 10:20 AM

To one professing your undying love of Alex Smith?

htismaqe
10-03-2014, 11:08 AM
They went 9-0 last year and everyone (the media) thought they were paper tigers and they were right. The Chiefs won't get the respect we all want them to get until they win a playoff game. You want respect? Do something meaningful in the playoffs, it's that simple.

Bingo.

Kiimo
10-03-2014, 11:12 AM
The day after the Monday night game there wasn't much talk about KC. The day after the Royals win there was disappointingly not as much Royals/Chiefs talk as I imagined. The day after Sporting KC was honored there wasn't so much as a blip.

However this morning we had KC talk on three stations and they were interviewing George Brett who suggested the Monday night win propelled the fans and the players on the Royals side.

If we beat San Francisco in San Francisco even Colin Cowherd will have no choice but to talk about KC.

RealSNR
10-03-2014, 11:16 AM
If we beat San Francisco, they'll be talking about the Alex Smith vs Colin Kaepernick trade and whether or not the Niners kept the right guy. That will be the story.

If we blow them out, they will also talk about how the Niners are in trouble.

In any case, who gives a shit how much they talk about us? Sure, it's nice to feel loved every once in awhile, but it's not like the analysis we do get on national TV is very probing and researched.

RealSNR
10-03-2014, 11:18 AM
Marcus Cooper... added to the injury list with a knee issue, according to AP.People are shitting on Marcus Cooper, but we fucking need him for this game. The CB depth we have behind him is even worse.

Sandy Vagina
10-03-2014, 11:21 AM
People are shitting on Marcus Cooper, but we ****ing need him for this game. The CB depth we have behind him is even worse.

Yep.

I liked Gaines as a prospect.. but for now, I feel a whole lot better about having Cooper in at LCB. If he's just going to be a liability due to injury, then what the hell.. throw the rookie in. I don't want to see Parker over there.

htismaqe
10-03-2014, 11:23 AM
If we beat San Francisco, they'll be talking about the Alex Smith vs Colin Kaepernick trade and whether or not the Niners kept the right guy. That will be the story.

If we blow them out, they will also talk about how the Niners are in trouble.

In any case, who gives a shit how much they talk about us? Sure, it's nice to feel loved every once in awhile, but it's not like the analysis we do get on national TV is very probing and researched.

This.

Easy 6
10-03-2014, 11:52 AM
Why do you like it?

LMAO get him, Donger.

Jimmya
10-03-2014, 01:52 PM
If Chiefs win, Harbough may not make it through the season.

Hammock Parties
10-03-2014, 01:55 PM
To one professing your undying love of Alex Smith?

Nah probably Darth Vader.

Ming the Merciless
10-03-2014, 01:59 PM
Honestly if we are beating the niners I will ask everyone to leave the room

and do this:

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/3754240/jack-off-prep-o.gif

ChiefsCountry
10-03-2014, 02:03 PM
How come a 49er fan start a thread saying "we" beat the 49ers?

Red Dawg
10-03-2014, 02:06 PM
We played beyond great against a struggling Pats team and that still was very big surprise win. Beating Frisco in their own house with what we have on offense would really really really be a shocker. I just want to see improvement. I really am tired of not seeing any of our wide outs score td's and this is a HUGE problem if you ask me. It makes us very predictable in the red zone.

Molitoth
10-03-2014, 02:58 PM

Even with the sample size of 5 games, we won't know if the Chiefs are "Actually pretty good".

Getting destroyed by the Titans negated all of that talk.

DaWolf
10-03-2014, 03:03 PM

It'll all be about if Harbaugh has lost the team.

Look, the Chiefs are not going to get any serious love until they become a consistent playoff winning team with some trophies under their belt, or they become a dominant team for a few years running. The Pats and 49ers have both been to super bowls lately, so the narrative around them is different...

Sannyasi
10-03-2014, 03:53 PM

Its silly really. The media didn't blow the Colts game; that was the Chiefs. I don't see how anyone can be indignant over the amount of media coverage the team gets when we haven't won shit in years.

Sandy Vagina
10-03-2014, 04:35 PM
Its silly really. The media didn't blow the Colts game; that was the Chiefs. I don't see how anyone can be indignant over the amount of media coverage the team gets when we haven't won shit in years.

I don't overly pay attention to the talking heads, but even I heard a decent amount of praise and impressed comments about KC turning their 2-14 season around in a hurry. What more should people expect at this point? :hmmm:

Aries Walker
10-03-2014, 04:49 PM
If we beat the 49ers, and since we have next week off, we'd enter into week 7 with a record of 3-2. The Chargers, in the meantime, have two fairly easy games (Jets at home, and at Oakland), so it's likely they'll be 5-1. The Broncos have Arizona at home, and at the Jets; they'll be either 3-2 or 4-1, I should think.

If we then beat the Chargers in week 7, we'll only be one game behind them, with the Broncos somewhere right around us and facing the 49ers themselves that week. That's a pretty good position to be in entering into week 8, especially considering that, despite the fact that we have an ugly strength of schedule this year, they each have worse (http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/115715/2014-nfl-strength-of-schedule).

I won't be making any playoff plans or anything, but I'll be cautiously optimistic about the year should we pull this off.

okcchief
10-03-2014, 05:28 PM
Even with the sample size of 5 games, we won't know if the Chiefs are "Actually pretty good".

3 good games vs 1 bad game points to being pretty good. The biggest problem the Chiefs have is the schedule and division.

The Niners aren't what they've been the past 2 seasons, but it's still a tough road game against a team that needs to win. It wouldn't suprise me at all if KC won this game though.

In58men
10-03-2014, 05:30 PM
We beat the 49ers, 6 CP members will have seizures

Over or under?

Ming the Merciless
10-03-2014, 05:31 PM
We beat the 49ers, 6 CP members will have seizures

Over or under?

way over

In58men
10-03-2014, 05:32 PM
way over

Agreed

9er guy
10-03-2014, 05:45 PM
If the 9ers lose this game I'm gonna be pissed.

Sandy Vagina
10-03-2014, 06:09 PM
3 good games vs 1 bad game points to being pretty good. The biggest problem the Chiefs have is the schedule and division.

The Niners aren't what they've been the past 2 seasons, but it's still a tough road game against a team that needs to win. It wouldn't suprise me at all if KC won this game though.

I'd have put injuries to DJ, Berry, and the trash OL learning curve as uglier problems.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-03-2014, 09:16 PM
OH MY GOD!!!
OH MY GOD!!!
OH MY GOD!!!
OH MY GOD!!!

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

ROFL

Easy 6
10-03-2014, 09:26 PM

Yet more battered wife syndrome from a Chiefs fan...

Buffalo beat Chicago on Soldier Field
Cleveland beat New Orleans for **** sake
Steelers lose at Carolina
The Bucs beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh

So you can proclaim fail on the Titans game, but you also need to look around the league and you will find results that barely make any sense at all... the Titans were an anamoly, the other 3 games were much closer to the truth.

Kaepernick
10-04-2014, 01:22 AM
If the 9ers lose this game I'm gonna be pissed.

Pffft. A scratch. A mere flesh wound.

Nothing hurt worse than losing the super bowl. And on the last play of the game. And seeing Cary Williams shove a ref back 3 yards without getting ejected. And seeing the Ravens mug Bruce Miller on a return for a TD and not get called for a flag. And seeing Michael Crabtree take a vicious hit to the face mask on the 2nd to last play of the game -- so hard he said his vision was blurred the next play -- and the Raven not draw a flag for it.

Puke.

We could lose to Alex and KC 20 times and it wouldn't hurt like losing the super bowl once.

Kaepernick
10-04-2014, 01:25 AM
How come a 49er fan start a thread saying "we" beat the 49ers?

They are not fans of any team. They are fans of a person -- Alex Smith. If Alex was traded to the Broncos instead of the Chiefs, they would all be there instead of here.

They are mercenary fans of a player. They have no loyalty to any team. Pretty pathetic.

TribalElder
10-04-2014, 01:28 AM
If they wouldn't have turned the lights out to make the game slow down the 9ers would have been completely blown out. They should never have even had a chance but the NFL shut the game down to stop people from changing the channel. Please don't act like the 9ers ever stood a chance in the super bowl

Kaepernick
10-04-2014, 01:33 AM
If they wouldn't have turned the lights out to make the game slow down the 9ers would have been completely blown out. They should never have even had a chance but the NFL shut the game down to stop people from changing the channel. Please don't act like the 9ers ever stood a chance in the super bowl

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Yep, that's why they shut off the lights to get Peyton Manning a second ring last year.

You are the worst troll on this forum. I don't mean you troll too much. I mean you can't troll for shit. You are more obvious than Claynus is.

Shut out the lights then let Manning get beat 43 to 8.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

You are ****ing funny. You should do stand up. :clap:

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/72725000/jpg/_72725394_seahawkswinsuperbowl.jpg

TribalElder
10-04-2014, 01:39 AM
Everyone outside of Denver enjoys watching manning fail

Why would they turn that off?

BlackOp
10-04-2014, 01:41 AM
If KC beats SF on the road..I'll be convinced they are legitimate.

They really turned it on during that last part of the season offensively. This team looks better than last's year version..but I'm used to being fooled by token "great" performances...so this is a prove it game for me.

Reid looked like a master last Monday night..that was an awesome display of plays. One thing this years Chiefs have is Kelce...he is a budding superstar. AR is just figuring out how to utilize him... if DAT comes on too..this will be a nasty offensive team.

Exoter175
10-04-2014, 02:10 AM
What was it, 2010 when we kept getting ZERO recoginition about anything, and then all of a sudden The Wall Street Journal of all things started giving us some media spotlight that was positive?

It doesn't matter who we beat that is "supposed" to be better, the media is going to focus on their "bad" rather than our "good", unless we end up 11-2 and thinking about resting starters for the playoffs. Only then, would the media actually look at us and start talking shop.

I mean 2010 it was "easy schedule.
2013, "Backup quarterbacks".
2014's going to be "top tier teams regressing", I'd bet on it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-04-2014, 07:28 AM
I'm sorry, does someone here think the Niners, with douchewaffle St. Jr at the helm, are "all that"?

lol.

donkhater
10-04-2014, 07:55 AM
As far as media validation of the Chiefs goes, I couldn't care less. But it would be nice for them to COVER the Chiefs.

MNF was the only game that night. It would have been nice if the coverage before and after the game was 50-50. But it wasn't even 80-20. Part of the excitement of seeing your team in the national spotlight is that you finally get public talking about the team. I really don't care WHAT they think, just more Chiefs, please.

People talk about just win and they cover you, but I give you the Jets and the Cowboys as exhibit A as to why that perspective is bullshit. Cowboys haven't been relevant for over a decade and the Jets are awful, but they get a ton of coverage. Most of it is bad, but as a fan it would be nice to get info on your team.

Aries Walker
10-04-2014, 10:35 AM
Remember when the Chiefs were 14-2, had home field, and pretty much stomped all comers? They still got media mentions as being either an underrated or overrated team, and only rarely as a team that was legitimately kicking ass.

It's the way it is for a small-market team. It always will be.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-04-2014, 12:45 PM
Remember when the Chiefs were 14-2, had home field, and pretty much stomped all comers? They still got media mentions as being either an underrated or overrated team, and only rarely as a team that was legitimately kicking ass.

Truth.

The media has observed Lil' Chiefy's one and done for far too long to take the bait.

Kaepernick
10-04-2014, 11:02 PM

Yep. It is like how the perspective is focused on the Cowboys, Giants and Jets no matter who they are playing. It is always about how they did and why, why they won, why they lost -- never about their opponents.

East coast bias.

I hate the NFC East. Hate them.

kysirsoze
10-04-2014, 11:17 PM
I'm sorry, does someone here think the Niners, with douchewaffle St. Jr at the helm, are "all that"?

lol.

Yeah, I haven't been too impressed with them. They should be favored, but this should be a tight game.

Ming the Merciless
10-04-2014, 11:28 PM
I have this Dr. Friend who is a chargers fan....he swears that when your team wins you get a huge hormone/ testosterone boost.....ever since then I've noticed this effect. The win-boner

Rausch
10-05-2014, 07:46 AM
Remember when the Chiefs were 14-2, had home field, and pretty much stomped all comers?

I don't remember the Chiefs ever going 14-2...

Aries Walker
10-05-2014, 08:16 AM
I don't remember the Chiefs ever going 14-2...
13-3. Mea culpa.

Dayze
10-05-2014, 08:56 AM
It's truly cathartic dropping espn programming from your regular viewing habits and only tune in for actual live sporting events and the 30 for 30 series. The rest is history horrible, and unlike back in the day, if you really want coverage and highlights the Internet has it in spades.

Eleventy billion times this

Pasta Little Brioni
10-05-2014, 09:00 AM
I have this Dr. Friend who is a chargers fan....he swears that when your team wins you get a huge hormone/ testosterone boost.....ever since then I've noticed this effect. The win-boner

Beats those fear boners...man those can be awkward

TimBone
11-20-2014, 04:06 PM
Buck has said this before, and I agree, Rivers will lose you 1 or 2 games a year on his own. Considering the injuries, he's shown the ability to carry a team on his back for the other 14 games.

I like Hamas' top 4. Who would you replace Cinci and SD with?

ThaVirus
11-20-2014, 04:08 PM
Heh.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Marcellus
11-20-2014, 04:46 PM

Ooops.