PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Wendy's Pulled Pork Cheese Fries Are The Saddest Meal

listopencil
10-02-2014, 11:08 PM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--tHW_EFD3--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/o89t290pzcslwd3198yd.png

http://foodspin.deadspin.com/wendys-pulled-pork-cheese-fries-are-the-saddest-meal-1641207963

This is not really a review of the Wendy's Pulled Pork Cheese Fries; in order for it to function as a review, I would have to go to a Wendy's location and say, aloud, to a Wendy's employee, "I will have the Pulled Pork Cheese Fries," and I can't even rehearse that without my hands literally punching me in the face of their own accord.

-snip-

Given the amount of effort and artifice that goes into these representations—given that the ad agencies and food stylists involved in their creation can do pretty much anything they need to do in order to render the food delicious-looking—it's always a bit ominous when you see one of them that still looks gross and unappetizing.

-snip-

With that in mind, scroll on back up to the top and take a gander at what Wendy's (and its various advertisement-producing partnerships) came up with when tasked with promoting the company's new pulled-pork poo-tine. Who wants that sad heap of ugly food? Hi, I'll take the french fries with Fancy Feast and red onions, please, and can you have Big Bird blow his nose on it before you bring it out? It looks like something your middle-aged bachelor uncle whips up for the July 4th potluck, and everybody kind of smiles sadly and goes "It's good that he's trying to develop some hobbies since he got out." If that rendition of Wendy's Pulled Pork Cheese Fries is 25-percent better-looking than the real thing, holy cow, what does the real thing look like?

As it turns out, it looks like this:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/By0unfgIUAAcGhV.jpg:large

The rest of the article: http://foodspin.deadspin.com/wendys-pulled-pork-cheese-fries-are-the-saddest-meal-1641207963
<script status="whitelisted" id="yarip-default-script" type="text/javascript">var yarip = { $: function(xpath) { var arr = []; var xr = document.evaluate(xpath, document, null, XPathResult.ORDERED_NODE_SNAPSHOT_TYPE, null); if (xr) for (var i = 0; i < xr.snapshotLength; i++) { var e = xr.snapshotItem(i); if (e && (e.nodeType !== 1 || !/^yarip-/.test(e.id))) { arr.push(e); } } return arr; }, run: function(fun, xpath) { var arr = this.$(xpath); if (arr.length > 0) fun.call(this, arr); } }</script><script status="whitelisted" id="yarip-element-script_www-chiefsplanet-com_0" type="text/javascript">yarip.run(function (array) { for (var i = 0; i < array.length; i++) { var element = array[i]; console.debug("Found element:", element); } }, "//div[@id='1412308378175']"); </script>

listopencil
10-02-2014, 11:08 PM
I have never heard of this and there is a Wendy's 20 minutes from my house.

Baby Lee
10-02-2014, 11:16 PM
More deadspin sniffing its own farts. Even the commentors calling this one FoS. More often than not, goopy foods ladled over fries look like shit, taste like heaven.

listopencil
10-02-2014, 11:19 PM
Have you (or anyone) tried this?

Buehler445
10-02-2014, 11:22 PM
Have you (or anyone) tried this?

I did. Not bad. Not worth the money.

listopencil
10-02-2014, 11:22 PM
I did. Not bad. Not worth the money.

How was the pork?
<script status="whitelisted" id="yarip-default-script" type="text/javascript">var yarip = { $: function(xpath) { var arr = []; var xr = document.evaluate(xpath, document, null, XPathResult.ORDERED_NODE_SNAPSHOT_TYPE, null); if (xr) for (var i = 0; i < xr.snapshotLength; i++) { var e = xr.snapshotItem(i); if (e && (e.nodeType !== 1 || !/^yarip-/.test(e.id))) { arr.push(e); } } return arr; }, run: function(fun, xpath) { var arr = this.$(xpath); if (arr.length > 0) fun.call(this, arr); } }</script><script status="whitelisted" id="yarip-element-script_www-chiefsplanet-com_0" type="text/javascript">yarip.run(function (array) { for (var i = 0; i < array.length; i++) { var element = array[i]; console.debug("Found element:", element); } }, "//div[@id='1412308378175']"); </script>

Crush
10-02-2014, 11:35 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/31JNEVHZxO8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ptlyon
10-02-2014, 11:38 PM
Better question: was it pork?

listopencil
10-02-2014, 11:39 PM
"...a genetic predisposition to eat unhealthy foods made from other, even unhealthier foods."

I laughed.

Buehler445
10-02-2014, 11:49 PM
How was the pork?

Not worth it. Not Q. Not tasty. Just there.

listopencil
10-02-2014, 11:58 PM
Not worth it. Not Q. Not tasty. Just there.

I'll stick to making stuff like this at home where I can control the ingredients.