PDA

View Full Version : Royals Is Eric Hosmer finally becoming a star?

TLO
10-04-2014, 08:19 AM
Poll coming soon

tredadda
10-04-2014, 08:22 AM
In before poll. But in reality I would still wait and see. He is hot right now, but for most of the season he was meh. Lets see if he can sustain it over the course of season.

TLO
10-04-2014, 08:24 AM
I'm going to say yes. He has been RED HOT on the biggest stage of the season. His confidence has to be through the roof, and I think we're going to see it carry over even after the season is over.

More importantly, he's hot enough that he could carry this offense to a World Series birth, and maybe even a WS win.

Bufkin
10-04-2014, 08:25 AM
Maybe, but it doesn't matter. He isn't going to be a Royal for much longer. I can see the Yankees breaking the bank when the time comes.

Deberg_1990
10-04-2014, 08:26 AM
Maybe? There just isnt any explanation for why Hosmer and Moose are performing at this level? It's inexplicable given their regular season performances this year.

But I hope they keep it up!

The Bunk
10-04-2014, 08:27 AM
Maybe, but it doesn't matter. He isn't going to be a Royal for much longer. I can see the Yankees breaking the bank when the time comes.

Reported.

Bufkin
10-04-2014, 08:30 AM
Anybody who thinks we will be able to re-sign Hosmer is delusional.

The Bunk
10-04-2014, 08:40 AM

Anyone who wants to talk about it right now is a douche.

Al Bundy
10-04-2014, 08:44 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Bubba <a href="https://twitter.com/TheRealHos35">@TheRealHos35</a> you impress me big time. I hope you have the sex with all the women in the Kansas City</p>&mdash; The Iron Sheik (@the_ironsheik) <a href="https://twitter.com/the_ironsheik/status/518409845759049728">October 4, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mdchiefsfan
10-04-2014, 08:47 AM
Without a doubt. He is making noise and is clutch as fuck.

milkman
10-04-2014, 08:49 AM
This a bit premature.

Just hope he's stays hot through the post season.

Mr. Laz
10-04-2014, 08:50 AM
I know i'm pissing on the parade but Hosmer looked jacked last night.

Like on amphetamines type jacked

hope he doesn't get busted for PEDs

PHOG
10-04-2014, 08:52 AM
If he stays hot, on this big of a stage, it would be a fine start. JMO

Simplicity
10-04-2014, 08:53 AM
Early but if he continues to perform with his confidence it will be a giant step in that direction.

Sannyasi
10-04-2014, 09:24 AM
I love what he's doing but I'm going to side with the large regular season sample size of mediocre play that he have over his recent postseason hot streak.

Chief_For_Life58
10-04-2014, 09:26 AM
Whens his contract end

Why Not?
10-04-2014, 09:28 AM

This

Why Not?
10-04-2014, 09:28 AM
Anyone who wants to talk about it right now is a douche.

But this even more

DanT
10-04-2014, 09:30 AM
I'm rooting for Eric Hosmer to do well, but I don't think he's quite become a star yet. At age 24, he still has some work to do to get more production from his opportunities. Here are the 10 "most similar" players through age 24 to Eric Hosmer, according to Baseball Reference. Some of these guys went on to (or had already by age 24) achieved one or more All-Star games appearances. Hosmer could be an All-Star if he can become more consistently productive at the plate.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/h/hosmeer01.shtml

Keith Hernandez (954)
Tony Horton (949)
Elbie Fletcher (942)
Vic Saier (941)
Phil Cavarretta (935)
Billy Butler (933)
Carlos May (932)
Fred Merkle (932)
Jeff Francoeur (928)
Jason Thompson (927)

Prison Bitch
10-04-2014, 09:33 AM
He goes in binges at the plate. Needs a bit more consistency. Currently on hellfire with the bat.

ChiliConCarnage
10-04-2014, 09:37 AM
He's certainly delivered at an opportune time but I think that's it. It'd be nice if he turned into a beast next season.

Three7s
10-04-2014, 09:40 AM
He's having a fantastic post-season, but star? Absolutely not. He was dog-shit for most of this season and still hasn't put up remarkable numbers during any regular season.

Stewie
10-04-2014, 09:44 AM
Whens his contract end

He becomes a free agent in 2018.

Chief_For_Life58
10-04-2014, 09:46 AM
He becomes a free agent in 2018.

Well shit. Atleast well get like 4 world series titles outta him before the Yankees sign him

cosmo20002
10-04-2014, 09:51 AM
Seems like he's finally become a star a few times in his career.

Simply Red
10-04-2014, 10:13 AM
I'm not too familiar with him in regular season.

There is something to be said for his grit and grind though.

I would love him on the Braves. But we're (the Braves) going to have to rebuild somewhat over the OS. Sucks, but at least I have a team I can pull for in the Royal's - this is the most exciting thing in a while - exciting, FAST team w/ kick ass pitching, this is what you want and this is WHEN you want it!

Prison Bitch
10-04-2014, 10:17 AM
Braves already have Freddie Freeman locked up on an 8 year deal. He's a really good player.

Simply Red
10-04-2014, 10:24 AM
Braves already have Freddie Freeman locked up on an 8 year deal. He's a really good player.

Yeah - he went cold this year though, somewhat - I just think we need a true leader and since Chipper left, nobody has really filled that role.

-King-
10-04-2014, 10:26 AM

hope he doesn't get busted for PEDs

Reerunkc Jr.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
10-04-2014, 10:28 AM
We can only hope

BigMeatballDave
10-04-2014, 10:37 AM

hope he doesn't get busted for PEDs:facepalm:

You think maybe it's because his team is in the post season?

WTF?

I bet it was you that said he was ruining this team.

Jack ass.

ROYC75
10-04-2014, 10:46 AM
Is Eric Hosmer finally becoming a star?

Uh, Yup!

Takes time, GMDM & HCNY has said that it takes so many at bats for most young players to find their groove and play well on a consistent basis.

It's time for Hos & Moose to be those players. We just may be getting to that time now where they have been through the ups & downs in the early stages of their careers.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-04-2014, 10:49 AM
It's certainly inspiring to think so, but you have to remember that the postseason is a very small sample size. It's really not that much different from him having a hot week during the regular season. The execution is the same, but the stakes mean more.

There have been a lot of mediocre baseball players who have gotten hot at the right time: Marco Scutaro, Craig Counsell, David Eckstein. I'm not saying that Hosmer is mediocre, but this binge isn't necessarily indicative of better things to come.

58-4ever
10-04-2014, 10:53 AM
He's having a fantastic post-season, but star? Absolutely not. He was dog-shit for most of this season and still hasn't put up remarkable numbers during any regular season.

You're an idiot. Isn't this the same guy that had the most hits in MLB the second half of last season? He's a second half player, and he was hurt during the second half this year. I'm betting next year that he hits .315 20HR and 90RBI.

Hootie
10-04-2014, 10:54 AM
I remember arguing with Royals (and non Royals) fans about Hosmer and his place in the lineup after injury...

Fruit Ninja, a bandwagon Dodgers fan, literally called me dumb for saying Hosmer was our starting first baseman regardless of how well Butler hit while playing first base

That guy is embarrassing, really

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-04-2014, 10:54 AM
Maybe? There just isnt any explanation for why Hosmer and Moose are performing at this level? It's inexplicable given their regular season performances this year.

But I hope they keep it up!

Yes, there is. It's called a small sample size. Look at his game logs from about Game 64-68 this year.

This is what baseball is. A .250 hitter doesn't get a hit every fourth at-bat like clockwork--they'll have weeks where they hit .500 and weeks where they hit nothing.

Ride the hot streak, but don't make the foolish assumption that it's something meaningful in the long term. That's how you end up with Chase Headley.

Three7s
10-04-2014, 11:29 AM
You're an idiot. Isn't this the same guy that had the most hits in MLB the second half of last season? He's a second half player, and he was hurt during the second half this year. I'm betting next year that he hits .315 20HR and 90RBI.

It's certainly inspiring to think so, but you have to remember that the postseason is a very small sample size. It's really not that much different from him having a hot week during the regular season. The execution is the same, but the stakes mean more.

There have been a lot of mediocre baseball players who have gotten hot at the right time: Marco Scutaro, Craig Counsell, David Eckstein. I'm not saying that Hosmer is mediocre, but this binge isn't necessarily indicative of better things to come.
Hamas, pretty much, summed up my thoughts perfectly on this. Please ignore them in whatever way you wish.

Also, a good second-half player=\=star

Hootie
10-04-2014, 11:39 AM
It's only a positive thing that Hosmer and Moose have shined on the biggest stage. Confidence has as much to do with player development than anything

Three7s
10-04-2014, 11:47 AM
It's only a positive thing that Hosmer and Moose have shined on the biggest stage. Confidence has as much to do with player development than anything
Agreed. I hope they continue to get better and, eventually, become perennial .300/30/100 type guys. With this topic being about Hosmer, you just can't say he's a star because of a few good playoff games yet. For now, let's just hope he stays a star through the duration of the playoffs. :)

Saul Good
10-04-2014, 11:54 AM
He's got to get his swing in order in the offseason. He has been getting by on athleticism and incredible hand-eye coordination. His swing is incredibly off balance, and he literally has the longest stride I've ever seen at the plate.

duncan_idaho
10-04-2014, 11:55 AM
Agreed. I hope they continue to get better and, eventually, become perennial .300/30/100 type guys. With this topic being about Hosmer, you just can't say he's a star because of a few good playoff games yet. For now, let's just hope he stays a star through the duration of the playoffs. :)

I don't think Mike Moustakas ever hits .300 in a full season. Hell, I'd be satisfied with .280.

I do think he can be a .270/30 HR guy, though. Which would probably lead to him getting a lot of walks as well.

I'd be perfectly satisfied if he could hit .250 with 25 bombs and play consistently very good defense. That's a very reliable player and plus player at 3B.

Hosmer CAN be a .300/30 guy. Just a matter of him finding an approach that works and sticking with it. It honestly wouldn't surprise me at all to see Hosmer beast throughout the playoffs, only to come out of ST struggling again next year after spending the offseason "working in the cage" with his brother.

Three7s
10-04-2014, 12:00 PM
I don't think Mike Moustakas ever hits .300 in a full season. Hell, I'd be satisfied with .280.

I do think he can be a .270/30 HR guy, though. Which would probably lead to him getting a lot of walks as well.

I'd be perfectly satisfied if he could hit .250 with 25 bombs and play consistently very good defense. That's a very reliable player and plus player at 3B.

Hosmer CAN be a .300/30 guy. Just a matter of him finding an approach that works and sticking with it. It honestly wouldn't surprise me at all to see Hosmer beast throughout the playoffs, only to come out of ST struggling again next year after spending the offseason "working in the cage" with his brother.
And that's exactly why I'm not declaring him a star. He's shown himself to be a streaky player. Hell, we have a whole roster of them!

ROYC75
10-04-2014, 01:22 PM

I agree with all this. Moose was picked so high because of his defense and ability to hit long ball.

Eric can hit to all fields now, Moose is just now learning to go the other way. That is the difference between a .270 hitter and a .290/ .300 hitter.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-04-2014, 01:35 PM
Hosmer can develop into a Freddie Freeman type hitter. I don't know if he'll ever display that type of power over the course of a full season, but he should be able to put up a respectable slash line and produce about a 130 wRC+.

Moustakas? I just don't see it. He might string together a season or two of good batted ball luck, but he's 26 now and he's gotten worse at the plate every year of his career, which is hard to do when you cut your K-rate by a third in the process.

He was somewhat unlucky this year, but he's probably never going to be more than a below average hitter, and you can't have that from a third baseman.

Buehler445
10-04-2014, 02:01 PM
It'd be great if he's turn the corner.

All I know for sure is he's having a hell of a post season.

Simply Red
10-04-2014, 02:06 PM
Let's keep the observation simple; he's more hungry than any other player on the field thus far in this Angels/Royals showdown. Let's face it; Being hungry and being able to actually execute mean a ton this time of year. I'd certainly be thankful having a post season performer on my squad, such as Hosmer.

Simply Red
10-04-2014, 02:10 PM
Hosmer can develop into a Freddie Freeman type hitter. I don't know if he'll ever display that type of power over the course of a full season, but he should be able to put up a respectable slash line and produce about a 130 wRC+.

Moustakas? I just don't see it. He might string together a season or two of good batted ball luck, but he's 26 now and he's gotten worse at the plate every year of his career, which is hard to do when you cut your K-rate by a third in the process.

He was somewhat unlucky this year, but he's probably never going to be more than a below average hitter, and you can't have that from a third baseman.

Yeah poor Freddy had a down year - but he'll be fine, I'm not sure he's a clear cut leader though, that's what my fear is for Atlanta next season. We need a bigger stud to fill that role or Fred needs to step up in the clutch department more, this coming next season. I'd love to have a clear cut leader type of player to accompany our squad. We just don't have that yet, since Chipper's departure.

Deberg_1990
10-04-2014, 02:33 PM
Yes, there is. It's called a small sample size. Look at his game logs from about Game 64-68 this year.

This is what baseball is. A .250 hitter doesn't get a hit every fourth at-bat like clockwork--they'll have weeks where they hit .500 and weeks where they hit nothing.

Ride the hot streak, but don't make the foolish assumption that it's something meaningful in the long term. That's how you end up with Chase Headley.

So why have Trout, Pujols, etc been mostly duds so far?

Because the Royals pitching and defense has been better than the Angels?

bsroyals54
10-04-2014, 02:38 PM
Hosmer is gettin' there for sure, I have a feeling he's our only hope

Yesterday, 8th inning :D

Hootie
10-04-2014, 03:01 PM
nobody really hits 30 anymore in the amphetamineless MLB

I'd be happy if both of those guys have .OPS over .800 and hit 20+ bombs

BWillie
10-04-2014, 03:19 PM
The funny thing about the MLB postseason is its under a magnifying glass. Everybody places way to much stock in how a guy performs compared to their performance in the grand scheme of things. Look, I love what Hosmer has done in these last three games..but lets be honest if this was a 3 game streak in the middle of the season nobody would be talking about this, or him being a potential star. I certainly think hes more like the guy we saw last yr, and less like the .270 hitter with 9 hrs we saw this yr...but hes not a .315, 30 hr guy that Ned envisions I dont think. The fact that he plays 1B and not a different position also lowers his value...because hes a 1B and hes SUPPOSED to be good offensively

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-04-2014, 05:35 PM
So why have Trout, Pujols, etc been mostly duds so far?

Because the Royals pitching and defense has been better than the Angels?

Because it's a ten AB sample size. Do you really think that if Trout and Pujols faced the Royals for 19 games in a season that they'd combine for 10 hits?

BigMeatballDave
10-04-2014, 06:42 PM
Good pitching beats good hitting.

Every time.

Archie F. Swin
10-04-2014, 06:52 PM
I don't think he'll be a household name outside of the Royals Kingdom, but he sure is a likable guy. I've really enjoyed his postgame interviews, and he tends to skew positive.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-04-2014, 07:00 PM
Good pitching beats good hitting.

Every time.

That's not true.

Tigers had the best xFIP in baseball last year, the Cardinals were fifth, and the Rays eighth. The Red Sox were 16th and beat all of them.

Moreover, the Pirates were fourth and the Dodgers second and the Cardinals beat them.

In both LCS's last year, the Cy Young winners made four starts total and lost all four games.

lewdog
10-04-2014, 10:52 PM
You're not a star when you go stone cold at the plate for months at a time.

If he can manage to deliver a more consistent swing instead of swinging out of his shoes to reach power, he'll be ok. But he has plenty of work to do to change many things in that swing to make it consistent.

But I love his attitude and his current play.

Valiant
10-05-2014, 01:09 AM
Having a great postseason. And they are feeding off of each other.

No where near star level though.

BigMeatballDave
10-05-2014, 02:35 AM
No where near star level though.

Hosmer's performance Friday was nowhere near star level?

WilliamTheIrish
10-05-2014, 07:08 AM
He got a FAT pitch from Jepson and barreled it. Since it happened in the ALDS it takes on a bit of a life of its own.

He's not a star. But he's not Brian Doyle either. (Go look him up).

Bufkin
10-05-2014, 07:14 AM
Hosmer's performance Friday was nowhere near star level?
Wilson Betemit has had star performances, it doesn't mean he's a star. Eric Hosmer may end up being the Joe Flacco of the MLB playoffs, but that doesn't automatically equal him being an elite player.

Bufkin
10-05-2014, 07:18 AM
And to the butt pirates that neg repped me for bringing up the fact that Hosmer won't be here for much longer, let me explain WHY it's relevant. If Hosmer becomes a star, it won't be in a Royal uniform. Therefore, I couldn't care less whether he becomes a star or not. Carlos Beltran became a star, but I don't like talking about that either. Hoz will get 100 million from Steinbrenner, play his peak years, and few people will remember him being the kid that got a few clutch hits for that team in KC back in 2014.

Does pointing this out make me a douche? Absolutely. I am what I eat. I still feel that it's relevant though.

Archie F. Swin
10-05-2014, 07:27 AM
The sad truth about major league baseball is that if you lined 15 people up on the streets of Laramie, Wyoming (pick your town) and showed them a picture of Mike Trout in uniform, I bet you maybe 3-5 would know his name. And, he's easily the one of the most phenomenal players on the planet. Same for Bryce Harper.

Maybe David Ortiz or Yasiel Puig are stars? I don't know.

BigMeatballDave
10-05-2014, 07:30 AM
Wilson Betemit has had star performances, it doesn't mean he's a star. Eric Hosmer may end up being the Joe Flacco of the MLB playoffs, but that doesn't automatically equal him being an elite player.

Well, genius, the question was BECOMING A STAR.

Bufkin
10-05-2014, 07:31 AM
The sad truth about major league baseball is that if you lined 15 people up on the streets of Laramie, Wyoming (pick your town) and showed them a picture of Mike Trout in uniform, I bet you maybe 3-5 would know his name. And, he's easily the one of the most phenomenal players on the planet. Same for Bryce Harper.

Maybe David Ortiz or Yasiel Puig are stars? I don't know.
I think most people know what Harper looks like because of the "clown question" clip going viral. Clayton Kershaw will end up being the best starting pitcher of the 21st century, and even as goofy as he looks, I would venture to say that a lot of people couldn't point him out.

Bufkin
10-05-2014, 07:33 AM
Well, genius, the question was BECOMING A STAR.
Don't be a buttcrack. Firstly, I'm not a genius. I try to provide a contrary insight at times, but I would hardly classify myself as a "genius" or "prodigy". I'm merely a smart guy who feels privileged to share his opinion with others.

Secondly, my point still stands. He had a star performance. That doesn't mean he's becoming a star. It means he had a star performance. If he duplicated that "star performance" for the next season or so, then the argument of him becoming a star would essentially be solidified. Unfortunately, averaging 16 homers a season, never reaching 80 RBI's, and being a career 275 hitter for a 1st baseman is not star-level. Current playoff consistency aside.

BigMeatballDave
10-05-2014, 07:42 AM
Don't be a buttcrack. Firstly, I'm not a genius. I try to provide a contrary insight at times, but I would hardly classify myself as a "genius" or "prodigy". I'm merely a smart guy who feels privileged to share his opinion with others.

Secondly, my point still stands. He had a star performance. That doesn't mean he's becoming a star. It means he had a star performance. If he duplicated that "star performance" for the next season or so, then the argument of him becoming a star would essentially be solidified. Unfortunately, averaging 16 homers a season, never reaching 80 RBI's, and being a career 275 hitter for a 1st baseman is not star-level. Current playoff consistency aside.

:facepalm:

So you're a soothsayer?

I have no idea if Hos is becoming a star player.

I would say this a step in that direction.

4 years is a career?

Bufkin
10-05-2014, 07:45 AM
:facepalm:

So you're a soothsayer?

I have no idea if Hos is becoming a star player.

I would say this a step in that direction.

4 years is a career?
No, I'm not a soothsayer. I have an opinion. I don't think he'll be a star. I think he's a good player though.

Good for you.

Probably so. Unfortunately, when this premise stands by itself, it collapses.

No, 4 years is not a career. It's a start though. Mike Trout's 4 years are star worthy. So are Clayton Kershaw's. So are Andrew McCutchen's. These are baseball stars.

BigMeatballDave
10-05-2014, 07:50 AM
No, I'm not a soothsayer. I have an opinion. I don't think he'll be a star. I think he's a good player though.

Good for you.

Probably so. Unfortunately, when this premise stands by itself, it collapses.

No, 4 years is not a career. It's a start though. Mike Trout's 4 years are star worthy. So are Clayton Kershaw's. So are Andrew McCutchen's. These are baseball stars.

Trout certainly has the power numbers.

He's also had the added benefit of a teammate we call Pooholes.

BigMeatballDave
10-05-2014, 07:51 AM
Meanwhile...

Trout is 0-8 in the post-season...

lewdog
10-05-2014, 08:19 AM
Meanwhile...

Trout is 0-8 in the post-season...

So what. He's still a much better baseball player than Hosmer. You can't argue that.

BigMeatballDave
10-05-2014, 08:24 AM
So what. He's still a much better baseball player than Hosmer. You can't argue that.

LOL Who is arguing that?

Hosmer's team has a 2-0 advantage right now, and Trout is wearing clown shoes.

:D

lewdog
10-05-2014, 08:28 AM
LOL Who is arguing that?

Hosmer's team has a 2-0 advantage right now, and Trout is wearing clown shoes.

:D

Wearing clown shoes after two games into his post season career?

Are you going full retard this early in the morning?

Pasta Little Brioni
10-05-2014, 09:01 AM
Um mm no but you are becoming De berg

BigMeatballDave
10-05-2014, 10:19 AM
Wearing clown shoes after two games into his post season career?

Are you going full retard this early in the morning?

LMAO Please

If Hosmer was 0 for 8, you guys would be hammering on him.

Trout has looked like ass, no matter how much you enjoy sucking him off.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-05-2014, 10:28 AM
LMAO Please

It's eight fucking at-bats. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Would you like me to dredge up some 0-15s from Mickey Mantle or Hank Aaron? They aren't hard to find.

lewdog
10-05-2014, 10:34 AM
LMAO Please

Playoff baseball is about hot and cold streaks. They happen all season long for every player. Hosmer is hitting hot late in the year, simple as that. That neither makes him better or more "clutch" than Trout. It's also two fucking games. If Hosmer doesn't pick up his hitting into next season, it's likely this team won't make another run like this year unless they can find a season filled with pitching like this year which is highly unlikely.

So yea, give me Trout everyday over Hosmer.

And this is coming from a guy who likes Hosmer and even spent money on an autographed Hosmer bat. I, however, am also not going full retard after two good games from him. I've seen more than a month of terrible hitting from him on multiple occasions.

duncan_idaho
10-05-2014, 10:34 AM
One thing I want to clarify from my post yesterday...

When I said Moustakas could be a .270/30 guy, I meant that as absolute upside. Career year-type hitter/thing.

His most reasonable projection (optimism but not crazy optimism) is as a guy who hits .240-.250 with 20-25 HR.

Prison Bitch
10-05-2014, 10:35 AM
His game Tuesday night was the 36th best playoff game ever based on Win Prob Added. It was pretty awesome to watch in re-wind (his rating would've been higher remember if that 8th inning double wasn't called foul)

lewdog
10-05-2014, 10:37 AM
One thing I want to clarify from my post yesterday...

When I said Moustakas could be a .270/30 guy, I meant that as absolute upside. Career year-type hitter/thing.

His most reasonable projection (optimism but not crazy optimism) is as a guy who hits .240-.250 with 20-25 HR.

I assumed that what you meant because no way Moose hits near .270 career. We need aboout .240-.250 with 20+ homers, great defense and increased walks to push his OBP to near .330 and I'd be very happy with that.

lewdog
10-05-2014, 10:39 AM
His game Tuesday night was the 36th best playoff game ever based on Win Prob Added. It was pretty awesome to watch in re-wind (his rating would've been higher remember if that 8th inning double wasn't called foul)

It's been so fucking awesome and I fucking love it, but let's save the "Superstar" talk for a full season of good hitting right, PB?

BigMeatballDave
10-05-2014, 10:44 AM
Remove the sticks from your asses.

If being excited about Hosmer and this team, while railing on Trout in the process, call it full retard if you want.

I've been a Royals fan since the early 80s.

Who knows when this shit happens again?

Prison Bitch
10-05-2014, 10:44 AM
It's been so ****ing awesome and I ****ing love it, but let's save the "Superstar" talk for a full season of good hitting right, PB?

I've ridden the guy mercilessly all year so I'm not exactly his biggest fan. He should be a 130 OPS+ guy by now. I don't know what got into him this week but it's been freaking incredible.

lewdog
10-05-2014, 10:51 AM
Remove the sticks from you asses.

If being excited about Hosmer and this team, while railing on Trout in the process, call it full retard if you want.

I've been a Royals fan since the early 80s.

Who knows when this shit happens again?

Dude, I am more jacked than anyone but how can we have a fanbase railing on his ass all year long (and rightfully so) about his shitty hitting to then go and call him a Superstar for some playoff games? Shit, we haven't even won the series yet and he might go 0-12 in the next three games.

This was just a dumb and annoything thread to begin with, that's the problem.

I've ridden the guy mercilessly all year so I'm not exactly his biggest fan. He should be a 130 OPS+ guy by now. I don't know what got into him this week but it's been freaking incredible.

Yes, it's clearly been his best week of baseball in his life. And best week of baseball in my life! I hope he can translate some of this to a whole season of play. He'd be a household name if he could find some consistent power in that bat.

PHOG
10-05-2014, 11:02 AM
Remove the sticks from you asses.

:eek: ROFL

TLO
10-05-2014, 11:17 AM
Um mm no but you are becoming De berg

:spock::rolleyes:

tk13
10-05-2014, 11:31 AM
The stat I thought was amazing was that Hosmer has joined Brett as the only Royals to reach base 4+ times in a playoff game more than once.

Prison Bitch
10-05-2014, 11:34 AM
The stat I thought was amazing was that Hosmer has joined Brett as the only Royals to reach base 4+ times in a playoff game more than once.

That's great. I said Tues that he "went full GBrett" but he's now done it again and may not be done. Him, Moose and Butler prevented us from winning the Central but have finally come on. If we beat Ana losing the division might have been a blessing

Canofbier
10-05-2014, 06:44 PM
You guys, Eric Hosmer just hit a home run

suzzer99
10-05-2014, 06:56 PM
OP, yes