PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Any bright spots today?

TimBone
10-05-2014, 05:52 PM
I've got two, but that is absolutely it.

1. DAT has unbelieveable speed. When you're watching him run it's like you're watching a video where the rest of the players are at normal speed and he's been fast forwarded to move at x1.5. I hope that makes sense. He's gonna be a playmaker.

2. Hemingway finally getting some plays. I truly believe he has the best hands of all our receivers. Hopefully they lean on him a little more for 3rd downs.

Anything else? Please make me feel better, this was a tough one.

Discuss Thrower
10-05-2014, 05:54 PM
D'AT is fast. Ron Parker is a decent backup safety. Houston is going to get paid.

TribalElder
10-05-2014, 05:57 PM
Our draft position is getting stronger :shrug:

OldSchool
OL played another solid game against a very physical front, got great movement at times. Fisher played a solid game against All-Pro Justin Smith and a good player in Ahmad Brooks.

oaklandhater
I've got two, but that is absolutely it.

1. DAT has unbelieveable speed. When you're watching him run it's like you're watching a video where the rest of the players are at normal speed and he's been fast forwarded to move at x1.5. I hope that makes sense. He's gonna be a playmaker.

2. Hemingway finally getting some plays. I truly believe he has the best hands of all our receivers. Hopefully they lean on him a little more for 3rd downs.

Anything else? Please make me feel better, this was a tough one.

All of our players are going to get old and past there prime till we trade for another back up QB.

Ceej
We didn't give up a sack, did we?

kc79
10-05-2014, 05:58 PM
Oline in pass protection. If only Reid would've ran the ball on 3rd and short a couple of times

GoShox
10-05-2014, 05:58 PM
The O-line is getting better. If anyone had any doubts that Tamba is still a beast, those were silenced.

notorious
10-05-2014, 06:03 PM
The O-line is getting better. If anyone had any doubts that Tamba is still a beast, those were silenced.

They ran for about 150 yards directly up Tamba's ass.

Deberg_1990
10-05-2014, 06:04 PM
A Smith had a solid game. 175 yards, 2 TDs

MMXcalibur
10-05-2014, 06:05 PM
2-3 at the bye week.
I think the majority of us expected that.

....so.....?

notorious
10-05-2014, 06:06 PM
We were coming off a short week with a road game and still nearly won.

I think we were wore out in the second half.

OldSchool
10-05-2014, 06:07 PM
We were coming off a short week with a road game and still nearly won.

I think we were wore out in the second half.

Defense definitely was.

Deberg_1990
10-05-2014, 06:10 PM
Defense definitely was.

Yes. Heat didn't help.

Reid should have pounded Davis more like Frisco did us.

/but Reid.......

thabear04
10-05-2014, 06:10 PM

No.

Buzz
10-05-2014, 06:12 PM
Did we get a sack? I only ask because a big mac sounds good.

Easy 6
10-05-2014, 06:12 PM
DAT? one play in the second half, even AFTER his touchdown.

Reid? 1st down pass - 3rd down pass - 4th down pass... why? because the mans a mother****ing passing game guru, havent you people heard?

That mfer, I'm straight up done defending him unless its a CLEAR CUT decision, that fat prick is so full of himself it makes ME feel bloated... the run game was WORKING, it was WORKING combined with play action.

But noooooo, fat tits is smarter than me or you... he's gonna throw it all over the yard just watch him!

The Franchise
10-05-2014, 06:19 PM
Bailey and Poe.

TimBone
10-05-2014, 06:26 PM
DAT? one play in the second half, even AFTER his touchdown.

Reid? 1st down pass - 3rd down pass - 4th down pass... why? because the mans a mother****ing passing game guru, havent you people heard?

That mfer, I'm straight up done defending him unless its a CLEAR CUT decision, that fat prick is so full of himself it makes ME feel bloated... the run game was WORKING, it was WORKING combined with play action.

But noooooo, fat tits is smarter than me or you... he's gonna throw it all over the yard just watch him!

THIS THREAD IS FOR BRIGHT SPOTS MR SCOTT FREE

TimBone
10-05-2014, 06:29 PM
You all(ASIDE FROM SCOTT FREE) have successfully talked me down from the ledge. It's a pretty good day for Fisher when you manage to forget he's facing the likes of Justin Smith. Also, Bailey, I really like the kid. I think he's gonna be a player.

How about Ryan Harris on the right side side of the line? Is he playing well enough to keep Stephenson on the bench?

thabear04
10-05-2014, 06:37 PM
Did we get a sack? I only ask because a big mac sounds good.

Had only 3.

Buzz
10-05-2014, 06:39 PM
Had only 3.

Bright spot!

jd1020
10-05-2014, 06:40 PM
Houston is now the sack leader, but can't hold Chandler Jones' jock.

Ming the Merciless
10-05-2014, 06:41 PM
yes

we played tough, on the road and had a chance to win the game multiple times.

I didnt expect that before the season started.

I'm ok with this game.

Iconic
10-05-2014, 06:42 PM
DAT and Houston.

Sandy Vagina
10-05-2014, 06:44 PM
What record did everyone really think the Chiefs would have at this point? 3-2 at best, right? and those predictions were before D.J. and Berry ( and even JC) were M.I.A... So, they are a little behind. All is not lost. A real SB shot was looking unlikely. Me, I am proud of the Chiefs battling as well as they are with so many issues. Sure feels better than getting dominated every week.

OldSchool
10-05-2014, 06:44 PM
We're 2-3, a lot of people expected us to be 1-4 at this point.

OldSchool
10-05-2014, 06:46 PM
Especially after the losses that we suffered with Devito, Johnson, Allen, Mays, and with Berry out, we've actually played pretty well considering the talent level of the team. Reid just needs to play to the Roster's strengths and not get carried away with his passing game designs. We don't have the receivers to pull it off.

Fritz88
10-05-2014, 06:48 PM
Yeah.

This team will be fun to watch this season. I never thought they would after all the injuries. Alex is not the reason we will lose every game.

Red Dawg
10-05-2014, 06:55 PM
We went 15 rounds against a team that should have killed us but didn't. With our young roster and injury filled and depleted defense it down to the wire. We have practically nothing for Smith to throw to but we still almost won.

The best part is we are one step closer to a top five draft pick.

OldSchool
10-05-2014, 06:57 PM
We went 15 rounds against a team that should have killed us but didn't. With our young roster and injury filled and depleted defense it down to the wire. We have practically nothing for Smith to throw to but we still almost won.

The best part is we are one step closer to a top five draft pick.

Same thing happened against the Broncos.

Rain Man
10-05-2014, 07:55 PM
Thomas is nothing at all like McCluster other than size. He's like a supermccluster.

Allen Bailey seems to play very strong, but at the same time I think SF was running to his side a lot. I'm not sure what to make of that.

OldSchool
10-05-2014, 07:58 PM
Thomas is nothing at all like McCluster other than size. He's like a supermccluster.

Allen Bailey seems to play very strong, but at the same time I think SF was running to his side a lot. I'm not sure what to make of that.

Joe Staley and Iupati are monsters in run blocking.

ThaVirus
10-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Houston is now the sack leader, but can't hold Chandler Jones' jock.

Heh.

OldSchool. That fucking idiot.

notorious
10-05-2014, 08:17 PM

Hali likes to go outside on his pass rush, so SF ran it right at him.

Easy 6
10-05-2014, 08:20 PM
THIS THREAD IS FOR BRIGHT SPOTS MR SCOTT FREE

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jSHDIeb46TM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorter
10-05-2014, 08:22 PM
Heh.

OldSchool. That fucking idiot.

He only got his sacks against Jonathon Martin. Houston still sucks /OldSchool.

jspchief
10-05-2014, 08:32 PM
A lot of bright spots. This wasn't a terrible loss by any stretch.

Offense looked good when the playcalling was balanced. Hell, we were in the game with a chance to get the ball with 4 minutes to over come a 5 point defecit until that stupid 12 men penalty gave them a first down.

This team is pretty good. Reid is a big reason they look like they can compete in any week, yet his playcalling can hold the team back. Alex Smith is limited, but we have the players to let him succeed. This may not be bea playoff team this year, but I think our losses will look more like today and Denver than that Titans abortion that started the season.

CoMoChief
10-05-2014, 08:41 PM
Offensively the playcalling was balanced and looked good and in-sync the first few possesions. Then once they were done w/ their scripted plays it seemed as if everything went out the fucking window and Reid was going to get creative. It's almost like Reid is playing Madden online w/ this team.

Interior pass rush from our Dline was great at times. Poe destroyed Boone (and I mean absolutely DESTROYED) on a couple of occassions. Their run defense was swish cheese today as it will be all season. It was pretty evident that our defense sorely missed Devito, DJ, Mays and Berry today.

And correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think SF had a sack on Alex Smith today. If that's true then kudos to Fisher and Co. This is a tough physical defense and for the most part the Oline held its own.

Mr. Laz
10-05-2014, 08:43 PM
The Royals.

GoShox
10-05-2014, 08:49 PM
The Patriots are killing the only undefeated team left, so that should bump our RPI up a few spots.

Eleazar
10-05-2014, 09:02 PM
Cooper might eventually learn to cover people? :shrug:

Exoter175
10-05-2014, 10:37 PM
Bright Spots:

1. We're exactly where we thought we would be at this point in the season.
2. Jamaal Charles looked good on minimal touches against a STRONG run D.
3. Offensive line, aside from one TERRIBLE game altering false start, looked improved again, though the Niners pass rush isn't "that" great.
4. Junior looked great today, I saw he almost blocked a punt in the game, was in the vicinity of that failed punt/touchback but elected to let gafford take the tap shot on it, probably was the right choice but I like seeing his hustle. He looked VERY good on the scripted game plays this week, I'd like to see us start working his plays in more than AJ Jenkins personally. Junior seems to be less flash with his moves and just gets the ball and turns upfield, we kinda need tha at times. Reminds me of a less talented Bowe, but with the same physical presence, just need to build his repetitions and confidence.
5. Allen Bailey and Dontari Poe were as disruptive as ever today, though I expected a little better from the run defense as a "whole" they were on point in the pass rush.
6. I'm liking Parker and Abdullah more and more each week. While they are just as liable for some of these busted plays as Cooper is, they seem to play a bit more "fired up" like cooper did in the beginning of last year. I don't hate on Cooper as bad as the Doomers are right now, and I'm honestly surprised OPI wasn't called on that touchdown, I just wish he would do what he does best and get in there with that receiver and get him off route then use his quickness to get turned around to defend the pass. He did that most of the season last year and was really excelling at it until he lost his confidence. I expect when Berry is back that we run Berry/Abdullah at Safeties, and possibly switch Parker to CB and use Cooper as a Nickel guy. I would also love to see Gaines more on defense with the way he's been covering on special teams. Guy has some legs and good awareness.
7. Alex probably had his worst game of the season today, though the numbers don't reflect it. We came out smoking hot and then just stalled after that. I think a large part of that is the team having to adjust to some of this personnel groupings and formations, but for the most part, he crushed it in those TRIPS-TE sets. I fucking love that set, and god damn can we make that good if we had a legitimate 3rd tight end instead of that fucktard Demetrius Harris who couldn't catch a cold if he were exposed to Ebola.

Kaepernick
10-05-2014, 11:14 PM
They ran for about 150 yards directly up Tamba's ass.

49ers left guard Mike Iupati was on fire today. I haven't seen him that strong in run blocking in a while. He is good at run blocking and lousy in pass protection, but he was just moving piles in front of Gore today.

CallMeSquidwad
10-05-2014, 11:28 PM
The fact that we won this game, we just handed it to them.

Easy 6
10-06-2014, 06:02 AM
If I had to pick a bright spot, it was all of the pressure our D created, they were hurrying and hitting Kaep all day long, forcing a shitload of bad throws and picked up 3 sacks along the way.

They got gashed a bit vs the run, but they can still hold their heads high after this one... this loss belongs to Andy Reid and Andy Reid alone.

rabblerouser
10-06-2014, 06:09 AM

The amount of passes batted at the line seem to negate that...

rabblerouser
10-06-2014, 06:09 AM
If I had to pick a bright spot, it was all of the pressure our D created, they were hurrying and hitting Kaep all day long, forcing a shitload of bad throws and picked up 3 sacks along the way.

They got gashed a bit vs the run, but they can still hold their heads high after this one... this loss belongs to Andy Reid and Andy Reid alone.

Well, the refs really did what they could to ensure a SF victory.

Bugeater
10-06-2014, 06:16 AM
Well, the refs really did what they could to ensure a SF victory.
Because it's rigged amirite?

rabblerouser
10-06-2014, 06:17 AM
Because it's rigged amirite?

You tell me.