PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Down to Earth Take

DenverChief
10-05-2014, 05:57 PM
So yes the Chiefs should have won this game, the missed opportunities and the opportunities not taken advantage of (52 yd fg try, penalty on 4th and 1 by the offense, penalty on 4th and 4 on the defense). However we never really expected to win this game. 2-3 going into the bye - not bad in my book. The next 4 games are very winnable.

@SD
vs STL
vs NYJ
@ BUF

We could easily be 6-3 coming out of that stretch

Yes we need to work on some things - I'd love to hve a kicker we have confidence in to kick long range field goals - Matt Praeter anyone?

That being said - I don't see any reason for panic - This is still a very explosive football team

kcxiv
10-05-2014, 05:59 PM
This team will get nowhere. They blew their chances. its Denver and San Diego.

Chiefs will play tough in games, but thats as far as this team will go. Just moral victories.

notorious
10-05-2014, 05:59 PM
It's not that we lost, it's how we lost.

DenverChief
10-05-2014, 06:01 PM
It's not that we lost, it's how we lost.

I know - but it's not like we lost to the Jets like this - we lost this game to a good team

Discuss Thrower
10-05-2014, 06:05 PM
So yes the Chiefs should have won this game, the missed opportunities and the opportunities not taken advantage of (52 yd fg try, penalty on 4th and 1 by the offense, penalty on 4th and 4 on the defense). However we never really expected to win this game. 2-3 going into the bye - not bad in my book. The next 4 games are very winnable.

@SD
vs STL
vs NYJ
@ BUF

Yes we need to work on some things - I'd love to hve a kicker we have confidence in to kick long range field goals - Matt Praeter anyone?

That being said - I don't see any reason for panic - This is still a very explosive football team

6-3 that will end with 8-8 at best.

The Chiefs aren't in Seattle, Denver or San Diego's league by any stretch of the imagination. That's four losses.

They'll beat the Raiders at home but will probably drop the one in Oakland due to it being a short week after playing Seattle. They'll win one of the two against STL and NYJ (probably NYJ) and they'll lose two of three against Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Arizona.

5-11.

Oregon chief
10-05-2014, 06:06 PM
Whatever, with all the injuries and how bad the oline looked I had very low expectations for this team. Instead they have played their butt off and won some games and competed well in the losses. I picked San Francisco to win days ago and I was happy with our efforts against a top nfl team on the road. Next week is the one I'm more concerned with winning.

GoShox
10-05-2014, 06:06 PM
I know - but it's not like we lost to the Jets like this - we lost this game to a good team

Did we? That was a 2-2 49ers team that had lost to the Bears and to the Cardinals that had a back-up QB. I don't know if I can say they're a good team.

prhom
10-05-2014, 06:08 PM
This team will get nowhere. They blew their chances. its Denver and San Diego.

Chiefs will play tough in games, but thats as far as this team will go. Just moral victories.

I saw this game as a real test for the team. Win and I could believe they had some real potential. Lose and we will be nothing more than a tough, pesky team that won't do anything substantial this year.

58-4ever
10-05-2014, 06:10 PM
Next week isn't super winnable, but the three after might be

Trivers
10-05-2014, 06:11 PM
all the "doom and gloom" drama goons are out again.

We will be fine.

milkman
10-05-2014, 06:12 PM
We aren't winning agianst San Diego.

DenverChief
10-05-2014, 06:13 PM
I think if we make a 52 yd fg when it was 19-17 and/or we don't get a 12 men on the field penalty on the 4th and 4 we win this game

milkman
10-05-2014, 06:13 PM
And Buffalo has a damn good defense, so that's not a gimme either.

DenverChief
10-05-2014, 06:15 PM

I'm not convinced Sandy Eggo is as good as everyone thinks they are

They beat

Buf, Jax and Nyj whoopity doo - yes they beat Seattle but the sun shines on a dogs ass twice a day

notorious
10-05-2014, 06:16 PM

The best team in the AFC.

MeatRock
10-05-2014, 06:16 PM
@ SD? Nope. I don't see us winning that game.

DenverChief
10-05-2014, 06:17 PM
The best team in the AFC.

So were we after the first 4 games last year

Discuss Thrower
10-05-2014, 06:19 PM
@ SD? Nope. I don't see us winning that game.

They'll be lucky to keep it within the spread which will likely be 7+ points.

Discuss Thrower
10-05-2014, 06:20 PM
So were we after the first 4 games last year

Losing against Denver, Indianapolis and San Diego for a total of six times last year disproved that notion. The '13 Chiefs were an 7-9, 8-8 team that overachieved.

Easy 6
10-05-2014, 06:20 PM

We will be fine.

The hell we will, Andy Reid doesnt know what he STANDS FOR... every joe fan here tonight was afraid that he'd do EXACTLY WHAT HE DID.

He cant call a game consistently to save his life, he's all over the map trying to be cute... **** him and dont blame his QB for this joke, the joke is on the head coach.

MeatRock
10-05-2014, 06:22 PM
The hell we will, Andy Reid doesnt know what he STANDS FOR... every joe fan here tonight was afraid that he'd do EXACTLY WHAT HE DID.

He cant call a game consistently to save his life, he's all over the map trying to be cute... **** him and dont blame his QB for this joke, the joke is on the head coach.

Actually the joke is the head coach and the QB.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-05-2014, 06:24 PM
You think going into SD and beating them is "very achievable"? I stopped reading. That's not down to Earth. They're on fire, and playing like the best team in the division right now. We can win, but we'll be underdogs by 7.

Red Dawg
10-05-2014, 06:24 PM
Why should we want to finish in the middle for the millionth time? That gets you no where and we are all pretty damn sure this team is not a contender at all. Lose and get better draft picks. Winning is only a set back for us to build a long time contender. We have eleven picks and money for next year. If we get up in the top ten we have a real shot to go back to the playoffs next year.

Red Dawg
10-05-2014, 06:25 PM
Losing against Denver, Indianapolis and San Diego for a total of six times last year disproved that notion. The '13 Chiefs were an 7-9, 8-8 team that overachieved.

I agree. We are now having the season we should have had last year.

Three7s
10-05-2014, 06:26 PM
This Chiefs team is better than I originally thought, but still not good enough to beat the upper-echelon teams.

They'll lose to teams like the Chargers, Broncos, Seahawks, Cardinals, and obviously, the 49ers.

This team will either be 7-9 or 8-8, but I can't see a winning record happening unless a miracle occurs.

Why Not?
10-05-2014, 06:28 PM
I'm not convinced Sandy Eggo is as good as everyone thinks they are

They beat

Buf, Jax and Nyj whoopity doo - yes they beat Seattle but the sun shines on a dogs ass twice a day

Buff is a decent team, the Seahawks speak for themselves, and they crushed the Jags and NYJ. The Chargers are great. Hope we can steal that game, especially since I will be there, but I highly doubt it

Buzz
10-05-2014, 06:29 PM
You think going into SD and beating them is "very achievable"? I stopped reading. That's not down to Earth. They're on fire, and playing like the best team in the division right now. We can win, but we'll be underdogs by 7.

Pass the lube.

Easy 6
10-05-2014, 06:29 PM
Actually the joke is the head coach and the QB.

The pick was a bitch, but if Reid hadnt let it come to that... it wouldnt have come to that.

That fat mfer IS TOO PASS HAPPY, its a fact, many of us overlooked it when he came here because "hey! a coach with a winning track record"... but he has a FATAL flaw and I'm already sick of it.

It wont happen, but I wouldnt be the LEAST bit mad if we kept Dorsey and sent that soft bitch home... its already old, he keeps all these backs but continues to chuck it even when the run is working better, it gave us an IDENTITY.

****that old man and the kool-aid he's hawking.

Gadzooks
10-05-2014, 06:33 PM
The pick was a bitch, but if Reid hadnt let it come to that... it wouldnt have come to that.

That fat mfer IS TOO PASS HAPPY, its a fact, many of us overlooked it when he came here because "hey! a coach with a winning track record"... but he has a FATAL flaw and I'm already sick of it.

It wont happen, but I wouldnt be the LEAST bit mad if we kept Dorsey and sent that soft bitch home... its already old, he keeps all these backs but continues to chuck it even when the run is working better, it gave us an IDENTITY.

****that old man and the kool-aid he's hawking.

Rex Ryan might be available soon.

milkman
10-05-2014, 06:35 PM
Rex Ryan might be available soon.

DC.

This D would be wicked if was the DC.

OldSchool
10-05-2014, 06:35 PM
Seahawks are beatable at home. They are not the same team away from their stadium.

Broncos, we played them very well in their own stadium, we can beat them. Hell, division games are never out of the question.

Bills have Kyle freaken Orton and EJ Manuel. Not scared at all.

Jets have Geno Smith/Michael Vick. Have you looked at their stats from today?

Reid and Smith will have this offense firing on all cylinders once they do the self-scouting thing. We will get Berry back finally, so that should help with the run defense a little.

I hope to God that Dorsey gives Prater a call. If you can't trust your kicker to kick a 50+ yarder, then you don't have a kicker.

The OL has begun gelling well and much quicker than last year despite their lower talent level. Their play should be even better after the BYE. Eric Fisher is steadily improving.

If Reid can get his shit together and realize that we should run first to set up the pass, always, this team can compete with and beat anyone on any given day.

displacedinMN
10-05-2014, 07:01 PM
Two plays could give us the win

3rd and short-run and not pass

12 men on the field for a field goal

Easy 6
10-05-2014, 07:06 PM
Seahawks are beatable at home. They are not the same team away from their stadium.

Broncos, we played them very well in their own stadium, we can beat them. Hell, division games are never out of the question.

Reid and Smith will have this offense firing on all cylinders once they do the self-scouting thing. We will get Berry back finally, so that should help with the run defense a little.

I hope to God that Dorsey gives Prater a call. If you can't trust your kicker to kick a 50+ yarder, then you don't have a kicker.

The OL has begun gelling well and much quicker than last year despite their lower talent level. Their play should be even better after the BYE. Eric Fisher is steadily improving.

If Reid can get his shit together and realize that we should run first to set up the pass, always, this team can compete with and beat anyone on any given day.

Thats all well and good, but honestly... Reid is so scattershot that it renders any good point moot.

That mfer is seriously the most aggravating, maddening coach in the NFL... until he atleast wins ONE playoff game I'll never defend him again.

"Oh he's worse than Rich Kotite? well I'm not one to argue with solid logic".

Mav
10-05-2014, 07:08 PM

We will be fine.
Lol. What's new

OldSchool
10-05-2014, 07:11 PM
Thats all well and good, but honestly... Reid is so scattershot that it renders any good point moot.

That mfer is seriously the most aggravating, maddening coach in the NFL... until he atleast wins ONE playoff game I'll never defend him again.

"Oh he's worse than Rich Kotite? well I'm not one to argue with solid logic".

Well, Dorsey better nut up and get better receivers in here ASAP.

Smith honestly needs to make Kelce into his own Jason Witten and never target Fasano more than he does Kelce. That's just asking for eventual failure, especially on deeper throws. If he had Kelce on that play it's a completion, instead it's an overthrow.

Ming the Merciless
10-05-2014, 07:11 PM

we will be heavy underdogs, doubtful we will win 2:1 or 3:1 dogs

longshot, possibe yes, but longshot

tough team.....orton threw for 300 yards , I doubt theyre "scared" of Alex smith

50/50 - we could for suire win that one

I dunno...

3-5 in 8 games is about where most people THOUGHT we would be

3-6 would be worse than 4-5 for sure but somewhere in there is reasonable

I dont see any of this as particularly shocking

Sandy Vagina
10-05-2014, 07:12 PM
8-8 is the likely record. I don't want mediocre either, but the injuries and playcalling are what they are.

Easy 6
10-05-2014, 07:15 PM
Well, Dorsey better nut up and get better receivers in here ASAP.

Smith honestly needs to make Kelce into his own Jason Witten and never target Fasano more than he does Kelce. That's just asking for eventual failure, especially on deeper throws. If he had Kelce on that play it's a completion, instead it's an overthrow.

If Dorsey doesnt make drastic moves at WR next year he can join Reid in the "Helmet and Tether Club".

Reid really lost me tonight for good... if its working, try to fix it!

Hoover
10-05-2014, 07:16 PM
Frustrating loss,

For all you fans who hate dink and dunk, Reid was too aggressive on 3rd down. With Davis and Charles, there is no need to get cute. Run the fu@king ball.

For all you Santos fans, look how a clutch kicker with excellent range can keep you in games. I love to root for the rookie underdogs but we are idiots if we don't go and try to sign Prater.

We could have Kelse, Gronk, and Graham at TE and our lack of talent at WR would still cost us games. When we fall behind our lack of quality WRs really shows.

Oline is better, but we need better interior line play. Look at what SF did just by winning the battle in the middle of line. Would only help our RB play.

I love Knile Davis, but DAT needs to be returning all kicks.

OldSchool
10-05-2014, 07:16 PM
I dunno...

3-5 in 8 games is about where most people THOUGHT we would be

3-6 would be worse than 4-5 for sure but somewhere in there is reasonable

I dont see any of this as particularly shocking

Some of you guys were predicting 2-14 after the injuries that we had.

This team is playing a lot better and is much more competitive than anyone gave them credit for. I'm not writing them off yet.

Ming the Merciless
10-05-2014, 07:20 PM
Some of you guys were predicting 2-14 after the injuries that we had.

This team is playing a lot better and is much more competitive than anyone gave them credit for. I'm not writing them off yet.

that was my point

did you read what I wrote?

I said the same thing in the game thread and everywhere else...

I wouldn't write them off either, but I am not expecting miracles like some people....

all I am saying is 3-5 at the half way point adds up to about 6 - 10 at the buzzer...

a lot of people said 6-7 wins before the season started....and then the injuries happened (as you said).....but our play is for sure better than people thought....so it kind of balances the injuries out...

so maybe we do better on the back half?

(unless more injuries?)

Ok so 7-8 win ceiling?

Ming the Merciless
10-05-2014, 07:21 PM
Frustrating loss,

For all you fans who hate dink and dunk, Reid was too aggressive on 3rd down. With Davis and Charles, there is no need to get cute. Run the fu@king ball.

For all you Santos fans, look how a clutch kicker with excellent range can keep you in games. I love to root for the rookie underdogs but we are idiots if we don't go and try to sign Prater.

We could have Kelse, Gronk, and Graham at TE and our lack of talent at WR would still cost us games. When we fall behind our lack of quality WRs really shows.

Oline is better, but we need better interior line play. Look at what SF did just by winning the battle in the middle of line. Would only help our RB play.

all of this

I hate dink and dunk but thats what alex is...no need to force throws like the last one

rep

chiefzilla1501
10-05-2014, 07:24 PM

@SD
vs STL
vs NYJ
@ BUF

We shouldn't panic because this wasn't supposed to be the Chiefs' year. The progress the team has made considering how many guys they lost and got injured is just stunning. This is a well-coached, young football team with plenty of potential.

The panic, to me, was more of just air letting out of the balloon. Today confirmed that the more things change, the more they stay the same. Andy Reid is a phenomenal football coach, he is an outstanding playcaller and game planner, and Alex Smith is a much better technician of the right kind of offense than he gets credit for. The problem is, we have to win big enough to win in spite of Andy Reid's klutzy game management and to avoid Alex Smith getting put into 2 minute drill pressure situations. We have to settle for the fact that even with an elite RB duo, Reid is never going to run the ball.

I got over-optimistic the last 2 weeks. Shame on me. Turns out Reid still hates running the ball and Alex Smith still can't close games. The Chiefs are good enough to win lots of games especially as the young talent improves over the years. But it will take monster talent to overcome these glaring problems.

milkman
10-05-2014, 07:27 PM
Frustrating loss,

Dink and dunk on 2nd and 1, 3rd and 1 are what cost this team.

Running the ball is not dink and dunk.

And everyone here is bitching about the fact that he didn't run.

Discuss Thrower
10-05-2014, 07:27 PM
We shouldn't panic because this wasn't supposed to be the Chiefs' year. The progress the team has made considering how many guys they lost and got injured is just stunning. This is a well-coached, young football team with plenty of potential.

The panic, to me, was more of just air letting out of the balloon. Today confirmed that the more things change, the more they stay the same. Andy Reid is a phenomenal football coach, he is an outstanding playcaller and game planner, and Alex Smith is a much better technician of the right kind of offense than he gets credit for. The problem is, we have to win big enough to win in spite of Andy Reid's klutzy game management and to avoid Alex Smith getting put into 2 minute drill pressure situations. We have to settle for the fact that even with an elite RB duo, Reid is never going to run the ball.

I got over-optimistic the last 2 weeks. Shame on me. Turns out Reid still hates running the ball and Alex Smith still can't close games. The Chiefs are good enough to win lots of games especially as the young talent improves over the years. But it will take monster talent to overcome these glaring problems.

... Andy Reid's playcalling and Alex Smith ARE THE GLARING PROBLEMS ON THE TEAM.

milkman
10-05-2014, 07:28 PM

Are you fucking high?

chiefzilla1501
10-05-2014, 07:34 PM
Are you ****ing high?

Andy Reid is an outstanding playcaller, game planner, and offensive mind.

But like I said, an absolutely atrocious game manager. Because he can't manage games, he has no idea how to playcall situationally. Which again brings me to the point that this team is always going to have to find ways to win in spite of Andy Reid.

Discuss Thrower
10-05-2014, 07:36 PM

But like I said, an absolutely atrocious game manager. Because he can't manage games, he has no idea how to playcall situationally. Which again brings me to the point that this team is always going to have to find ways to win in spite of Andy Reid.

That's like saying "Oh, this offensive tackle is going to give up four or five sacks a game, but you have to find ways to win in spite of him"

Do you seriously believe the idiocy you post or are you just here for the long con?

OldSchool
10-05-2014, 07:37 PM
Reid is a great play designer but just an average play caller.

Red Dawg
10-05-2014, 07:38 PM
We literally have the worst set of WR's in the game. I watch alot of football and our guys are that bad. Dorsey must get a couple of studs or Smith will never be any better than he is.

chiefzilla1501
10-05-2014, 07:39 PM
... Andy Reid's playcalling and Alex Smith ARE THE GLARING PROBLEMS ON THE TEAM.

Hahaha. Is this a serious comment?

The fact that they won 2 games with the talent on this roster is pretty impressive. They are a big reason why this team is actually very competitive. Saying they are the glaring problems on this team is just plain ridiculous.

The problem is that while these guys are the reason the team is doing well, they're also the 2 guys who will probably hold us back from winning meaningful games. Because we are the fucking Chiefs. This will get us plenty of regular season wins and a ton of heartbreaking losses in games that really matter.

milkman
10-05-2014, 07:39 PM

A guy that has no idea how to placall situationally is an outstanding play caller.

I ask again, are you fucking high, Rufus?

chiefzilla1501
10-05-2014, 07:41 PM
That's like saying "Oh, this offensive tackle is going to give up four or five sacks a game, but you have to find ways to win in spite of him"

Do you seriously believe the idiocy you post or are you just here for the long con?

Maybe before you call someone out for being an idiot you should....
I don't know....

Learn how to read

chiefzilla1501
10-05-2014, 07:43 PM
A guy that has no idea how to placall situationally is an outstanding play caller.

I ask again, are you ****ing high, Rufus?

JFC.

I'm talking about how this team will never win meaningful games because of Andy Reid, and you're going to sit here and argue semantics about what should be considered "playcalling"?

Discuss Thrower
10-05-2014, 07:47 PM
Maybe before you call someone out for being an idiot you should....
I don't know....

Learn how to read

I did. And your post was the football equivalent of "3+5=8, but 5+3=2"

milkman
10-05-2014, 07:47 PM
JFC.

I'm talking about how this team will never win meaningful games because of Andy Reid, and you're going to sit here and argue semantics about what should be considered "playcalling"?

No, you are pounding at your keyboard trying to blow smoke up everyone's ass.

chiefzilla1501
10-05-2014, 07:51 PM
No, you are pounding at your keyboard trying to blow smoke up everyone's ass.

Whatever dude.

Just your usual bullshit sniping at the poster and not the comment.

The fact that you're actually spinning my comment into something positive about the Chiefs is laughable.

Discuss Thrower
10-05-2014, 07:53 PM
Whatever dude.

The fact that you're actually spinning my comment into something positive about the Chiefs is laughable.

Your post was stupid.

You said, Andy Reid is a genius offensive mind.

Then a breath later you said he's a terrible game manager and has no idea how to call plays in situations.

You contradicted your own take in less than 40 words.

milkman
10-05-2014, 07:58 PM
Whatever dude.

I am not sniping at the poster.
I am sniping at the comment.

A great play caller doesn't get stupid because of situations.

A great play caller makes great play calls in every situation.

chiefzilla1501
10-05-2014, 08:01 PM
Your post was stupid.

You said, Andy Reid is a genius offensive mind.

Then a breath later you said he's a terrible game manager and has no idea how to call plays in situations.

You contradicted your own take in less than 40 words.

You do realize it's possible to be an outstanding offensive mind yet be a complete klutz at situational playcalling, right? (See Mike Martz)

If you want to lump "situational playcalling" under playcalling in general, fine. I view them as two different things.

Easy 6
10-05-2014, 08:02 PM
Zilla, you make your share of good points... but now is not one of those times.

Reid shoved his fat fist up his own ass today, omg it was bad.

chiefzilla1501
10-05-2014, 08:05 PM
I am not sniping at the poster.
I am sniping at the comment.

A great play caller doesn't get stupid because of situations.

A great play caller makes great play calls in every situation.

If Andy Reid was an offensive coordinator and a good game manager was his head coach, he wouldn't have this problem. He's a very good playcaller. He hurts himself in playcalling when in situations where his game management has to come into play.

You are sniping the comment. If you want to argue semantics, fine. But you're sniping at a comment that I'm pretty sure you mostly agree with based on nitpicking over silly word play.

Ming the Merciless
10-05-2014, 08:07 PM
I think the overall game plan was OK, hell we couldve won the damn game - even how it was called

but there were some bad calls in there, for sure

and poor execution was the real killer

chiefzilla1501
10-05-2014, 08:07 PM

Which goes to the point that I originally made that the air let out of the balloon that we have to come to grips with the idea that this team is going to lose close games because of Reid's dumbassery.

I don't know how people are taking my comment to be anything even remotely positive about Andy Reid. I was actually one of the more lukewarm on CP when he was originally hired because I knew he'd pull this shit many times.

Discuss Thrower
10-05-2014, 08:09 PM
If Andy Reid was an offensive coordinator and a good game manager was his head coach, he wouldn't have this problem. He's a very good playcaller. He hurts himself in playcalling when in situations where his game management has to come into play.

You are sniping the comment. If you want to argue semantics, fine. But you're sniping at a comment that I'm pretty sure you mostly agree with based on nitpicking over silly word play.

"He's a great golfer but he blasts his putts 4+ inches past the hole. He just has to overcome that"

Ming the Merciless

I understand everyone is all pissed off and there were some bad moments

but this game plan and call actually almost won the game.....a game we were 2:1 underdogs on the road...

so I dont think it was a whole fist

maybe just a pinky with some thick lube

Discuss Thrower
Which goes to the point that I originally made that the air let out of the balloon that we have to come to grips with the idea that this team is going to lose close games because of Reid's dumbassery.

... Then why the fuck is he a head fucking coach if it's a given he's going to lose more close games than he wins?

Pasta Little Brioni
10-05-2014, 08:10 PM

The Chiefs aren't in Seattle, Denver or San Diego's league by any stretch of the imagination. That's four losses.

They'll beat the Raiders at home but will probably drop the one in Oakland due to it being a short week after playing Seattle. They'll win one of the two against STL and NYJ (probably NYJ) and they'll lose two of three against Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Arizona.

5-11.

Your football takes are as awful as you with women

chiefzilla1501
10-05-2014, 08:11 PM
I think the overall game plan was OK, hell we couldve won the damn game - even how it was called

but there were some bad calls in there, for sure

and poor execution was the real killer

Yes and no. The game plan was fine. But it wasn't just execution. The biggest problem was situational playcalling and game management. The game plan was okay. Continually passing on 3rd and short, costly penalty on special teams, calling for a field goal. These are dumbass decisions that Andy Reid would have made even if he wasn't calling any plays.

Couple that with a QB who can't close games (that's the "execution" you're probably talking about and I agree with you there), which we saw today, and you have a head coach/QB tandem who will win you plenty of meaningless games. But will struggle to win the meaningful ones.

Ming the Merciless
10-05-2014, 08:12 PM
Yes and no. The game plan was fine. But it wasn't just execution. The biggest problem was situational playcalling and game management. The game plan was okay. Continually passing on 3rd and short, costly penalty on special teams, calling for a field goal. These are dumbass decisions that Andy Reid would have made even if he wasn't calling any plays.

Couple that with a QB who can't close games (that's the "execution" you're probably talking about and I agree with you there), which we saw today, and you have a head coach/QB tandem who will win you plenty of meaningless games. But will struggle to win the meaningful ones.

being a 2:1 underdog on the road if you wouldve told me that we could get the ball with 2 minutes left and the 2 minute warning and need to score to win this game , I'd have been stoked.

That 12 -man cost us how many time outs? Thats not on Reid really thats on the special teams coach, yes?

yes there were situational **** ups but he did get us in position to win

Easy 6
10-05-2014, 08:13 PM
I understand everyone is all pissed off and there were some bad moments

but this game plan and call actually almost won the game.....a game we were 2:1 underdogs on the road...

so I dont think it was a whole fist

maybe just a pinky with some thick lube

I'll meet you in the middle and say "very aggressive thumb with no lube".

chiefzilla1501
10-05-2014, 08:13 PM
... Then why the **** is he a head ****ing coach if it's a given he's going to lose more close games than he wins?

Seriously....
Are you reading my posts or just writing what you want to?

What part of "But it will take monster talent to overcome these glaring problems" sounds at all like an endorsement for Andy Reid?

Pasta Little Brioni
10-05-2014, 08:15 PM
3 and 2 with 4 very winnable games would have been nice....and no discuss the Chargers are not some unbeatable juggernaut to be afraid of

Discuss Thrower
Seriously....
Are you reading my posts or just writing what you want to?

What part of "But it will take monster talent to overcome these glaring problems" sounds at all like an endorsement for Andy Reid?

I'm reading your posts very clearly.

If he's got glaring problems in game management.. then he shouldn't be in that position at all.

You're pretty much saying Clark Hunt fucked up and hired the wrong guy without actually sacking up saying it directly.

Ming the Merciless
I'll meet you in the middle and say "very aggressive thumb with no lube".

You see chiefs planet.

We are a shining example of how two opposing minds can come together and form a reasonable conclusion about the nature of reality.

We need more of this kind of dialogue.

chiefzilla1501
10-05-2014, 08:19 PM
being a 2:1 underdog on the road if you wouldve told me that we could get the ball with 2 minutes left and the 2 minute warning and need to score to win this game , I'd have been stoked.

That 12 -man cost us how many time outs? Thats not on Reid really thats on the special teams coach, yes?

yes there were situational **** ups but he did get us in position to win

In almost every game this season, we've seen Reid make a lot of questionable decisions about whether to punt, kick a field goal, or go for it. He makes some highly questionable 3rd and short and 4th and short playcalls. In most games (not as much in play today), there is some bizarre clock management gaffe.

These things matter in close games. Which is why my original comment is that Andy Reid pulled together a stellar game plan today which had us competing against a team that should have creamed us. But he and Alex Smith just make way too many mistakes in close games for anyone to have any confidence in them to win close games consistently. This game was no exception.

Discuss Thrower
10-05-2014, 08:22 PM
3 and 2 with 4 very winnable games would have been nice....and no discuss the Chargers are not some unbeatable juggernaut to be afraid of

The Chiefs were barely capable of beating Miami on the road, and lost to Tennessee at home.

Their win against New England is looking like a complete fluke tantamount to 2011 when the Chiefs beat the Packers. The Chiefs are not a good football team.

notorious

The Chiefs should beat the Chargers.

We owned them last year in both games only to get fucked out of the 2nd game and lose our entire defense in the 1st.

Gadzooks
All of this talk is reminding me of Norf and the Chargers.
Great play caller - Horrible game manager.

It's funny that such beings exist but they do.

Discuss Thrower
10-05-2014, 08:23 PM
The Chiefs should beat the Chargers.

We owned them last year in both games only to get fucked out of the 2nd game and lose our entire defense in the 1st.

You are out of your mind.

chiefzilla1501
I'm reading your posts very clearly.

If he's got glaring problems in game management.. then he shouldn't be in that position at all.

You're pretty much saying Clark Hunt ****ed up and hired the wrong guy without actually sacking up saying it directly.

I wasn't a strong endorser of Andy Reid from the start. I knew exactly what we were getting.

But I'm not going to overreact and say a guy is 100% terrible which seems to be a popular trend on Chiefs Planet. Andy Reid is an excellent coach who has glaring deficiencies.

notorious
All of this talk is reminding me of Norf and the Chargers.
Great play caller - Horrible game manager.

It's funny that such beings exist but they do.

They need to be eradicated with extreme prejudice.

notorious
10-05-2014, 08:24 PM
You are out of your mind.

Explain.

I need a good laugh tonight.

Discuss Thrower
10-05-2014, 08:25 PM
I wasn't a strong endorser of Andy Reid from the start. I knew exactly what we were getting.

But I'm not going to overreact and say a guy is 100% terrible which seems to be a popular trend on Chiefs Planet. Andy Reid is an excellent coach who has glaring deficiencies.

Which.. again.. if you have glaring deficiencies.. then you're not excellent.

InChiefsHeaven
10-05-2014, 08:25 PM
The Chiefs will win some games this season that they shouldn't. but at the end of the day, I don't see us as a contender. Just a real entertaining team.

Fuck.

notorious
10-05-2014, 08:27 PM
The Chiefs will win some games this season that they shouldn't. but at the end of the day, I don't see us as a contender. Just a real entertaining team.

They can beat anyone yet lose to anyone.

Just enough to give us hope only to smash it to pieces.

Discuss Thrower
10-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Explain.

I need a good laugh tonight.

Keenan Allen. Antonio Gates. Philip Rivers.

chiefzilla1501
10-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Which.. again.. if you have glaring deficiencies.. then you're not excellent.

You're obsessing over semantics.

I seriously don't understand why you're having a hard time understanding something so simple. You can be an excellent coach and still be the wrong man for the job. Which is what I think Reid is.

notorious
10-05-2014, 08:30 PM
Keenan Allen. Antonio Gates. Philip Rivers.

Yep, they are all good.

The Chiefs aren't half-bad themselves, and beat Keenan Allen, Antonio Gates, and Philip Rivers in their house when the Chargers backs were against the wall.

Discuss Thrower
10-05-2014, 08:31 PM
Yep, they are all good.

The Chiefs aren't half-bad themselves, and beat Keenan Allen, Antonio Gates, and Philip Rivers in their house when the Chargers backs were against the wall.

San Diego played down to that game. You cannot argue that.

They played vanilla and just expected to lineup and beat the likes of Eric Kush and Rokevious Watkins.

And in the end, they... uh.. they won the game.

notorious
10-05-2014, 08:33 PM
San Diego played down to that game. You cannot argue that.

They played vanilla and just expected to lineup and beat the likes of Eric Kush and Rokevious Watkins.

And in the end, they... uh.. they won the game.

Ya, they played vanilla in a must-win game.

We all know what happened at the end of that game.

I tell you what, I need a vacation from this place. If San Diego wins, which they probably should, I will leave this place for the month.

Want to match my bet? It's an easy win for you.

Discuss Thrower
10-05-2014, 08:34 PM
Ya, they played vanilla in a must-win game.

We all know what happened at the end of that game.

I tell you what, I need a vacation from this place. If San Diego wins, which they probably should, I will leave this place for the month.

Want to match my bet? It's an easy win for you.

I think "You leave or I leave" bets are somewhat played out. If you wanna vacation then you'll need to take one solely upon your own volition.

notorious
10-05-2014, 08:35 PM
I think "You leave or I leave" bets are somewhat played out. If you wanna vacation then you'll need to take one solely upon your own volition.

No balls, no glory.

Discuss Reid, come on down.

Discuss Thrower
10-05-2014, 08:36 PM
No balls, no glory.

Discuss Reid, come on down.

How about something akin to Billay's "monopoly" bet

Ming the Merciless
10-05-2014, 08:36 PM
In almost every game this season, we've seen Reid make a lot of questionable decisions about whether to punt, kick a field goal, or go for it. He makes some highly questionable 3rd and short and 4th and short playcalls. In most games (not as much in play today), there is some bizarre clock management gaffe.

These things matter in close games. Which is why my original comment is that Andy Reid pulled together a stellar game plan today which had us competing against a team that should have creamed us. But he and Alex Smith just make way too many mistakes in close games for anyone to have any confidence in them to win close games consistently. This game was no exception.

I guess I am looking at this glass half full, in terms of Reid.

He got us in a position to win. If we had 1 more FG and didnt get that 12 man call, we wouldve had the ball with about 3-4 minutes and some time outs and just been down by 2.

That was more than anyone hoped for a few weeks ago.

I thought this was a decent game plan and didnt have an issue with the calling that much....even the playcall on that last pass....that was horrible execution...and we needed to get the ball down the field...

I don't think this is as clear cut as you are making it...to even take this team on the road as 2:1 dogs, and be in that good of a position requires a great game plan and playcalling.

notorious
10-05-2014, 08:38 PM
How about something akin to Billay's "monopoly" bet

I don't have a clue what that is.

Discuss Thrower
10-05-2014, 08:41 PM
I don't have a clue what that is.

Last year Billay had to work in a legitimate reference to the game "Monopoly" in every post.

notorious
10-05-2014, 08:43 PM
Last year Billay had to work in a legitimate reference to the game "Monopoly" in every post.

That's Earth-shattering.

milkman
10-05-2014, 08:43 PM
You can not be a great play caller if your play calls in crucial situations is questionable.
Calling Andy a great play caller if that is the only thing that is wrong with his play calling is still a stupid fucking take.

But you can even throw that argument out, because if he was a great play caller he wouldn't forget about Jamaal Charles when he's calling plays throughout the game.

Andy Reid sucks dick as a play callaer, and anyone that refers to him as a great play caller is a fucking idiot.

milkman
10-05-2014, 08:44 PM

He got us in a position to win. If we had 1 more FG and didnt get that 12 man call, we wouldve had the ball with about 3-4 minutes and some time outs and just been down by 2.

I thought this was a decent game plan and didnt have an issue with the calling that much....even the playcall on that last pass....that was horrible execution...and we needed to get the ball down the field...

I don't think this is as clear cut as you are making it...to even take this team on the road as 2:1 dogs, and be in that good of a position requires a great game plan and playcalling.

Whem he forgets about his best weapon when calling plays, that puts this team in position to lose.

J Diddy

It's time to give old Dick Curl a call. We need a strong guy to be in charge of the clock and counting people on the field.

chiefzilla1501

I think we're pretty much in agreement here. I just don't understand the people on this thread who can't acknowledge that what Reid has done with his coaching and playcalling has transformed a team that was supposed to be pretty bad into a pretty formidable opponent.

Where I disagree, and it's writing I see on the wall, is these glaring issues of Reid's game management and Alex Smith's inability to close games magnify in big games. When you're squaring off against an elite defense or an elite QB who is going to capitalize on even the smallest of mistakes.

Hootie
10-05-2014, 09:02 PM
Any time you can punt 4th and 4 to gain 14 yards of field position you gotta do it

OldSchool
10-05-2014, 09:07 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that the first pass down the seam to a TE that we've tried all season?

Gadzooks
10-05-2014, 09:34 PM
You can not be a great play caller if your play calls in crucial situations is questionable.
Calling Andy a great play caller if that is the only thing that is wrong with his play calling is still a stupid ****ing take.

But you can even throw that argument out, because if he was a great play caller he wouldn't forget about Jamaal Charles when he's calling plays throughout the game.

Andy Reid sucks dick as a play callaer, and anyone that refers to him as a great play caller is a ****ing idiot.

When you have a play calling HC the game management element will often be disastrous.

Rasputin
10-05-2014, 09:41 PM
Chiefs are playing at best 8-8 football but more likely 6-10 team.

OldSchool
10-05-2014, 09:49 PM
Chiefs are playing at best 8-8 football but more likely 6-10 team.

Based on the roster, should be a 5-11 team. Way too many holes on defense, bad OL, and not enough weapons on offense.

With this coaching staff with Smith making good decisions at QB, I can see a 10-6 season. But that means we have to play grind it out football and limit the opponents' opportunities against the defense.

Ming the Merciless
10-05-2014, 09:51 PM
Based on the roster, should be a 5-11 team. Way too many holes on defense, bad OL, and not enough weapons on offense.

With this coaching staff with Smith making good decisions at QB, I can see a 10-6 season. But that means we have to play grind it out football and limit the opponents' opportunities against the defense.

ROFL

should be a 5-11 team with any other qb & coach but alex smith & andy reid will add 5 wins

holy shit you are retarded

OldSchool
10-05-2014, 09:54 PM
ROFL

should be a 5-11 team with any other qb & coach but alex smith & andy reid will add 5 wins

holy shit you are retarded

They took the 2-14 team to an 11-5 record in their first year here, with everyone still learning everything. You don't think they can get those wins this year judging by how they've been playing?

How stupid are you exactly?

Discuss Thrower
10-05-2014, 09:57 PM
They took the 2-14 team to an 11-5 record in their first year here, with everyone still learning everything. You don't think they can get those wins this year judging by how they've been playing?

How stupid are you exactly?

And how many of those 11 wins came against quarterbacks that finished the year as a starter?

Wallcrawler
10-05-2014, 09:57 PM
More than anything else over this bye week, the coaching staff needs to take a long, hard look at itself and take their collective heads out of their asses.

The Kansas City Chiefs should have won this football game today. We absolutely had the talent to do it, and if one didn't know better, one would think Reid threw the game on purpose, the playcalling was so bad.

So many short yardage situations, that EASILY could have been picked up by Charles or Davis behind this improved O-line, and instead you go with the pass which is more dangerous by default because so many different things can happen. Bad pass, Dropped pass, Deflected pass, Sack, and then on top of all of that, you don't even come up with something creative. You go with the same predictable bullshit you've been running all game, and the defense is all over it.

Inexcusable for Jamaal Charles to get 5 touches in the second half, and only ONE carry all day for Knile Davis. It was the Tennessee Titans gameplan all over again, with a very similar result.

I don't know what it is about offensive oriented coaches that cant seem to just go with what is working. Do they get bored? Is it not enough of a challenge? I guess its just too easy to hand the football off to one of the elite backs of the NFL and keep your offense on the field. Nah, lets throw the football, not be creative, and not disguise it in any way, shape or form.

Al Saunders used to do this kind of shit to us as well. Just too easy to hand that ball to Priest behind what was then the best O-line in the league. Gotta throw the ball, get it picked off and returned to the house. I guess its a running thing with offensive oriented coaches.

Dave Toub needs to forfeit his game check this week for that 12 man penalty, and the guy on the field responsible for making sure everyone is where they are supposed to be needs his ass cut from the roster. Catastrophic failure that cost us several minutes of clock, all three of our timeouts, and a real shot at winning the football game.

Bottom line, Andy Reid needs to stop playing defense for the opposing team and shutting down our rushing attack singlehandedly.

Ming the Merciless
10-05-2014, 09:58 PM

No, I dont think theyre going to win 11 games this year, do you?

Ming the Merciless
10-05-2014, 09:58 PM
And how many of those 11 wins came against quarterbacks that finished the year as a starter?

also how many of those 11 wins came against teams with a winning record?

OldSchool
10-05-2014, 10:07 PM

And? The new coaching staff and Smith were good for a 9-win difference, that's with the difficulties that come with installing new offenses and defenses. Reid rarely has ever had a losing season in his career as a HC. 3 losing seasons in 14 years, many of those years spent without dominant weapons at WR and just average guys at TE.

You don't think that they can steal 4-5 more wins than expected despite the weaknesses on the roster?

Ming the Merciless
10-05-2014, 10:10 PM
And? The new coaching staff and Smith were good for a 9-win difference, that's with the difficulties that come with installing new offenses and defenses. Reid rarely has ever had a losing season in his career as a HC. 3 losing seasons in 14 years, many of those years spent without dominant weapons at WR and just average guys at TE.

from memory its mainly the 1st half of his career where he racked up the impressive seasons

the back half of his career is filled with .500 seasons

I forget the exact name and I do not follow the eagles, but it was explained to me that you can see this amazing 1st part of his career shift to the second part of the career when a key member of his personnel left (defensive coordinator maybe?)

Anyhow

tl;dr the 1st half of his career is the winning part I believe

Discuss Thrower
10-05-2014, 10:11 PM
from memory its mainly the 1st half of his career where he racked up the impressive seasons

I forget the exact name and I do not follow the eagles, but it was explained to me that you can see this amazing 1st part of his career shift to the second part of the career when a key member of his personnel left (defensive coordinator maybe?)

Anyhow

Jim Johnson.

Ming the Merciless
10-05-2014, 10:15 PM
Jim Johnson.

RIP , stud

I didnt realize this but he only made it 4 days after resigning

8-(

**** cancer

(barring 2 bad years his 1st 8 years were where Reid REALLY was beasting )

OldSchool
10-05-2014, 10:16 PM

Anyhow

Jim Johnson, he died. Bob Sutton isn't as good, but he is better than the guys who replaced Johnson. All I'm saying is that with this coaching staff (hopefully Reid can put his shit together and stop trying to feature guys like Fasano and Hemingway to "catch people off-guard") the team still has a real shot at winning enough games to get a wildcard slot. It's a long season and this team has been improving fairly steadily week to week, especially along the OL. We'll be in the hunt until the end.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-05-2014, 10:17 PM

Your mother really should have salted her womb.

Exoter175
10-05-2014, 10:17 PM
I have a feeling that the Chargers/Broncos will take the division and a wild card spot, I'm sure we'll beat out the EAST and the rest of the West, so its down to Houst/Indy/Baltimore that we have to beat out for the 6th spot for wildcard position, there's always going to be hope. We didn't play "well" today, but we are also EXACTLY where we expected ourselves to be, only we won and lost a game we weren't supposed to, to get there. When we go into the Seattle game, a home game for us, we'll be 5-4 on a 3 game streak. Are we going to win it? Not likely, but that one game, assuming all business is taken care of until then, could be the "make or break" win that we need.

As it sits, I only see 4 "surefire" losses on our schedule remaining, which will put us at 9-7, which could turn great for us if we sneak a win in against the Chargers in either game, at home vs. Seattle, and at home against Denver.

I think the following are definitely winnable.

Home vs. STL
Home vs. NYJ
@Buf
@Oak
@Ari
Home vs. Oak
@Pit

That's a 9-7 record right there, with @Pit being the only real "question" on my win side, and Home vs. Seattle/SD being the "question" marks on the losing side.

Remain hopeful guys, as Berman would say "And that's why they play the game".

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-05-2014, 10:18 PM
Going to Arizona is going to be a handful. Those guys devour the run. If Palmer is healthy when we play them, the Chiefs should probably be 5-6 point dogs.

Ming the Merciless
10-05-2014, 10:22 PM
It's a long season and this team has been improving fairly steadily week to week, especially along the OL. We'll be in the hunt until the end.

I can agree with that but there aint no way in hell we are winning the division or 11 games...

We might be in the wildcard hunt, we might not.

I think we will be in the hunt probably through october, but by the end of November I don't think so.

Just my feeling right now.

Discuss Thrower
10-05-2014, 10:22 PM
With Jim Johnson as defensive coordinator: 97-62-1; 10-7 in postseason (60~% winning record)
Without Jim Johnson as d-coordinator: 46-39; 0-3 in the postseason (54% winning percentage).

Not saying Andy Reid is a fraud, but..

Exoter175
10-05-2014, 10:23 PM
Going to Arizona is going to be a handful. Those guys devour the run. If Palmer is healthy when we play them, the Chiefs should probably be 5-6 point dogs.

If Palmer is out, its our game to lose, even if its a road game. Arizona is beatable, and they've gotten off to an uncharacteristic start. Now with Stanton out and them having to rely on Logan Thomas, this could get interesting if he's still the captain of the ship when we send our pass rush at him, and we'll likely have #29 back by then.

OldSchool
10-05-2014, 10:27 PM
I can agree with that but there aint no way in hell we are winning the division or 11 games...

We might be in the wildcard hunt, we might not.

I think we will be in the hunt probably through october, but by the end of November I don't think so.

Just my feeling right now.

Considering that the Chargers got a spot last year with a 9-7 record, it's definitely doable. No way we win the division unless Rivers gets knocked out for the season and Manning's arm truly falls off.

Wallcrawler
Yeah, it wasn't really ever the offenses that were driving those Philadelphia teams to 3 straight title games, it was a dominant defensive unit led by the brilliant scheming of the late Jim Johnson.

Offense never was much to look at. Brian Westbrook was your all around back, McNabb was more of a fullback that could throw. He would take off and run after his first read most times. They never had any big weapons on offense until they went out and signed Terrell Owens at WR, and added DE Jevon Kearse to an already stacked defensive unit.

Andy's just a guy that likes to get crazy with the formations and the personell and call a shit ton of pass plays because the running game apparently bores him.

I just don't get this guy. Davis and Charles can carry this football team a long way, if you just give them the football and get the hell out of the way.

In the warped world of Andy Reid, he imagines that our receivers are capable of doing more damage than our running backs are. The only one doing anything, Travis Kelce, seems to get taken out of the football game every time he makes a play. Fasano should be riding the pine full time by now.

When you have weapons like Charles and Davis, and completely disregard them, you deserve to lose more than the game. Displays of complete incompetence are not exactly the best way to keep your job.

Ming the Merciless
Heres something that to me is fascinating:

if this team goes 5-11 or more, its probably still a more dangerous & playofff capable team than last year at 11-5

fuckign weird how last years schedule was so god damn soft

OldSchool
10-05-2014, 10:28 PM
With Jim Johnson as defensive coordinator: 97-62-1; 10-7 in postseason (60~% winning record)
Without Jim Johnson as d-coordinator: 46-39; 0-3 in the postseason (54% winning percentage).

Not saying Andy Reid is a fraud, but..

That's not much of a change in win % except for the postseason. But like I said, Sutton is a lot better than anyone that Reid had after Johnson.

Ming the Merciless
10-05-2014, 10:31 PM
That's not much of a change in win % except for the postseason. But like I said, Sutton is a lot better than anyone that Reid had after Johnson.

Actually it might not seem like much but that makes all the difference from playoff team versus not:

9.5ish wins (median)

versus

8.5ish wins (median) -- right on the bubble ,usually not making the playoffs

thats an extra game per season, the difference between 500 and a winner

and then if you look at the post season performance it is even more glaring

OldSchool
10-05-2014, 10:31 PM
Heres something that to me is fascinating:

if this team goes 5-11 or more, its probably still a more dangerous & playofff capable team than last year at 11-5

****ign weird how last years schedule was so god damn soft

Yup, could actually end up with a worse record but as a better team than last season, even with all of the injuries.

Ming the Merciless
10-05-2014, 10:33 PM
Yup, could actually end up with a worse record but as a better team than last season, even with all of the injuries.

thats putting it mildly

you could switch the wins and losses around

thats a MUCH worse record...thats CRAZY shit!

OldSchool
10-05-2014, 10:38 PM
Actually it might not seem like much but that makes all the difference from playoff team versus not:

9.5ish wins (median)

versus

8.5ish wins (median) -- right on the bubble ,usually not making the playoffs

thats an extra game per season, the difference between 500 and a winner

and then if you look at the post season performance it is even more glaring

Well, on the bright side, you have to believe that, while Sutton isn't on Johnson's level, he is a much better DC than Juan Castillo was for Reid. His records with Castillo at DC were 8-8 and then 4-12.

OldSchool
10-05-2014, 10:40 PM
Also, while Ron Parker has been serviceable at S, you have to believe that Berry will make more of an impact once he's back. So there's your improvement on defense.

Wallcrawler
10-05-2014, 10:43 PM
Also, while Ron Parker has been serviceable at S, you have to believe that Berry will make more of an impact once he's back. So there's your improvement on defense.

Isnt Mays due back somewhere around mid-season as well? Dude is still a former cheap shotting Donk piece of shit, but at least he can play the run without shitting his pants like Mauga and JMJ do.

Ming the Merciless
10-05-2014, 10:43 PM
Well, on the bright side, you have to believe that, while Sutton isn't on Johnson's level, he is a much better DC than Juan Castillo was for Reid. His records with Castillo at DC were 8-8 and then 4-12.

well i guess what I am saying..and this is a change from my opinion before the season

I agree this is a better looking football team for the most part.....if the OL line can gel, and we can keep getting better I wont concern myself with record or # of wins.

Last years 11 wins was a weird fluke. I think that will be obvious by december. But on a positive note, i like the buttload of draft picks we'll be getting and I am excited for the rest of the season and beyond......I just dont have any playoff illusions.

OldSchool
10-05-2014, 10:53 PM
Isnt Mays due back somewhere around mid-season as well? Dude is still a former cheap shotting Donk piece of shit, but at least he can play the run without shitting his pants like Mauga and JMJ do.

Yup. Mays and Berry coming back healthy is going to be huge for this defense.

OldSchool
10-05-2014, 10:55 PM
well i guess what I am saying..and this is a change from my opinion before the season

I agree this is a better looking football team for the most part.....if the OL line can gel, and we can keep getting better I wont concern myself with record or # of wins.

Last years 11 wins was a weird fluke. I think that will be obvious by december. But on a positive note, i like the buttload of draft picks we'll be getting and I am excited for the rest of the season and beyond......I just dont have any playoff illusions.

Yeah, I guess it is better not to have hope for the playoffs. If we don't make it, no lasting disappointments.

If we do manage to make it, it'll be even sweeter.

Wallcrawler
10-05-2014, 11:05 PM
When the Royals win the World Series, we aren't even going to care how badly the Chiefs shit the bed down the stretch. Id just like to see them get through the rest of the season without any more devastating injuries, and get some much needed work done with Dee Ford and Phillip Gaines.

We could pray for Andy Reid to have what many alcoholics refer to as "a moment of clarity" and realize that the way this football team is going to win is by pounding the rock, and passing off of playaction fakes, but I think we all know that isn't going to happen.

Bring along Kelce, Hemingway, and DeAnthony Thomas, and start getting ready for life without Tamba, DJ, and hopefully Dwayne Bowe.

Clear as much cap room as we can, make good choices with the plethora of picks we're going to have, and hope that the infusion of new young talent can get us back into serious contention for a division title and playoff run.

Ming the Merciless
10-05-2014, 11:09 PM
Yeah, I guess it is better not to have hope for the playoffs. If we don't make it, no lasting disappointments.

If we do manage to make it, it'll be even sweeter.

You misunderstand me , thats OK.

I absolutely hope we make the playoffs. Never said I didn't. I just dont expect us to have 10-11 wins as you do.

OldSchool
10-05-2014, 11:13 PM
You misunderstand me , thats OK.

I absolutely hope we make the playoffs. Never said I didn't. I just dont expect us to have 10-11 wins as you do.

I view that as a highly optimistic but entirely possible scenario.

Each home game is a possible win, regardless of who we're playing, because the fans will pump up the Chiefs. There are also a few away games that should be wins, and we tend to perform better than most teams do on the road.

Schnitzel
10-05-2014, 11:26 PM
We're gonna be 9-7 max, probably 8-8 or 7-9. This game was crucial. It's just frustrating how we lost that game.

Mav
10-06-2014, 03:26 AM
We're gonna be 9-7 max, probably 8-8 or 7-9. This game was crucial. It's just frustrating how we lost that game.
It was. But it was expected.

Other teams to take horrendous road losses today.

Arizona, Cinci........

The pats just decimated the Bengals 6 days after getting nationally undressed.

I'm proud of the way the chiefs competed.

rabblerouser
10-06-2014, 03:38 AM

Shut up..

We lost to a wounded team in disarray.

We had our foot on their throats the whole game....but let it slip away.

Either because Fat Andy is a fucking moron who should NOT be calling plays...or the NFL is rigged and this game was given to the 9ers in order to quell the tumult in their locker room for a week...

But there is no excuse for NOT winning this game. The 49ers are NOT a great team, they may even wind up 3rd in their division.

Quit making excuses or 'trying to look on the bright side'.

The Kansas City Chiefs will probably never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime.

That's the reality I'm getting used to.

Easy 6
10-06-2014, 05:44 AM
Yup. Mays and Berry coming back healthy is going to be huge for this defense.

We could have Derrick Thomas, Neil Smith, Dale Carter and James Hasty coming back and it wouldnt matter when Reid calls games like he did yesterday.

I'm so over that fat mfer.

rabblerouser
10-06-2014, 05:46 AM
We could have Derrick Thomas, Neil Smith, Dale Carter and James Hasty coming back and it wouldnt matter when Reid calls games like he did yesterday.

I'm so over that fat mfer.

Exactly.

If you would have told me yesterday morning that SF would only score one TD, I would have said there's no way we wouldn't win.

They should have won that game.

Reid and the officials blew it.

Easy 6
10-06-2014, 06:11 AM
Exactly.

If you would have told me yesterday morning that SF would only score one TD, I would have said there's no way we wouldn't win.

They should have won that game.

Reid and the officials blew it.

The officials did jack us up a few times, but Reid had more than enough chances to overcome those calls... I think "Reid" is just his stage name, his real last name is Daboll.

rabblerouser
10-06-2014, 06:15 AM
The officials did jack us up a few times, but Reid had more than enough chances to overcome those calls... I think "Reid" is just his stage name, his real last name is Daboll.

Daboll. Man...I had forgotten that name, like a rape victim blocks out her attack.

JUST RUN THE FUCKING BALL!!

Wallcrawler
10-06-2014, 07:28 AM
It really is infuriating. I mean can you imagine this happening anywhere else? Their best offensive player just completely ignored in favor of going to a far less talented and consistent option?

You would think that the way SF was gouging us and staying on the field with Gore and his backup, something would have clicked with Andy and he would remember that we just got through doing that shit to NE on Monday Night to the tune of nearly 200 yards on the ground. But no, he calls passes as if we're losing 2 yards every time we attempt to run the football.

Worst coaching performance Ive seen in a long damn time. I mean 3 straight pass attempts from 2nd and less than one yard. The punt from the 37. The straight up transparent quick out on 3rd and 1 swatted by a guy who is in the air before the ball is even thrown because he knows the ****ing play. 12 men on the field on 4th and 2.

15 carries for Jamaal, 1 for Knile Davis. 16 rushes in an game where we were moving the football well on the ground. Andy Reid stopped our running game, not SF.

This is the kind of performance where you should really look at the guy running the show, and figure out if this is what you're willing to accept. When you clearly have the talent on the field to win the game, and your coach doesn't even give them the ****ing chance to win the game, he's not the guy you should have in charge.

I would be totally fine with this if the talent level on the field was shit. It isn't. To go off the field on 3rd and short so many times because Andy elects to insult his Line and his running backs by basically saying "I don't think we can get the first down by running" is inexcusable. Punting from the 37 to net 17 yards of field position down by a FG is inexcusable. Not realizing you have 12 men on the field on a crucial 4th down situation and burning a timeout to avoid a first down penalty is inexcusable.

Its a damn good thing the bye is this week. Andy will have plenty of time to go over how bad he personally ****ed this game for us, and hopefully get himself and the rest of the coaching staff un-****ed in time for the SD contest.

Any sort of bullshit like this in our division games, and its over.

BlackOp
10-06-2014, 08:25 AM
I think KC is right there with any team in the AFC...They could have won in Denver and should have won yesterday. San Diego's schedule is brutal over the final 6 games. Two of their wins have been against the worst teams in the conference...the Seattle win was solid. The Chiefs could be 4-1 with that starting schedule. I'm not forgetting how great KC looked last Monday night..or how the ref's extended the 49er's only TD drive. They kicked 5 FG's...two over 50 yards.

Denver and the Chargers still have to play each other..twice. This isnt over by a long shot. Only Indy and Denver have scored more TDs

rabblerouser
10-06-2014, 08:28 AM

Unless Reid and the officials were working together.

BlackOp
10-06-2014, 08:47 AM
Reid knows he ****ed up...he also knew he was playing a team that allowed 68 yards a game against the run. He let that dictate his decision instead of going strength against strength...KC still has the best 1-2 punch in the NFL...and Kelce will become the starter as the season progresses. I expect KC to get better..not worse.

Denver, New England and San Fransisco in one month is a brutal stretch...all played in the championship games last year.

BigRock
10-06-2014, 08:54 AM
I don't even care that Andy didn't run it enough. What's baffling is him dialing up passes while Kelce and DAT are on the sideline with their thumbs up their butts.

DenverChief
10-19-2014, 05:12 PM
Told ya ....San Diego is a very beatable team

DenverChief
10-19-2014, 06:45 PM

Care to have your crow?

DenverChief
10-19-2014, 07:49 PM
:evil:

DenverChief
10-26-2014, 04:10 PM
Man two weeks in a row - I doubt anyone that was a nay sayer will come in and eat their crow....

DenverChief
10-26-2014, 04:11 PM
Shut up..

We lost to a wounded team in disarray.

We had our foot on their throats the whole game....but let it slip away.

Either because Fat Andy is a ****ing moron who should NOT be calling plays...or the NFL is rigged and this game was given to the 9ers in order to quell the tumult in their locker room for a week...

But there is no excuse for NOT winning this game. The 49ers are NOT a great team, they may even wind up 3rd in their division.

Quit making excuses or 'trying to look on the bright side'.

The Kansas City Chiefs will probably never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime.

That's the reality I'm getting used to.

Man hows that dick taste?

DenverChief
10-26-2014, 05:04 PM
Nobody wants to show their face in this thread eh?

mdchiefsfan
10-26-2014, 05:06 PM
I applaud you, sir!

Reerun_KC
10-26-2014, 05:06 PM
Hi

Ming the Merciless
10-26-2014, 05:10 PM
Nobody wants to show their face in this thread eh?

they will probably wait until we dont go 6-3 and then ridicule you

thats my guess

mdchiefsfan
10-26-2014, 05:11 PM
they will probably wait until we dont go 6-3 and then ridicule you

thats my guess

Absolutely. One loss and replies will be bountiful.

Ming the Merciless
10-26-2014, 05:15 PM
Absolutely. One loss and replies will be bountiful.

bingo LOL

but yes.....if we do go 6-3 you will win several internets

and I will bow to your manliness and macho aura

meanwhile I am downloading how to train your dragon 2 for my child, like a digital slave

DenverChief
11-09-2014, 03:09 PM
Man who knows football?

THIS GUY!

Lex Luthor
11-09-2014, 03:15 PM
Well played, sir!

DenverChief
11-09-2014, 03:52 PM
Well played, sir!

rochambeau

DenverChief
11-09-2014, 04:28 PM
Maybe I should post a new thread with a link to this one - Go Claynus on this place with my football knowledge

TimBone
11-09-2014, 05:08 PM

5-11.
Wow. Discuss nailed it.

Mav
11-10-2014, 06:57 AM
This thread is amazing. The amount of fail in it is epic.