PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs Run Defense

jspchief
10-05-2014, 06:59 PM
It's bad and it's going to be an issue. Teams respect the Chiefs pass rush, and are going to try to counter is with either running or quick passes. Power running offenses are abusing this front 7. The loss of DJ is big. It's killing us.

Sandy Vagina
10-05-2014, 07:01 PM
It's probably the most revolting a run D that I have witnessed... but I drink a lot, so the memory could be a bit fuzzy. Missing the starting ILBs and elite SS seems to make things rough. Who'd a thunk it?

OldSchool
10-05-2014, 07:02 PM
Yup, losing Devito, DJ, and not having Berry on the field has hurt us a lot.

Red Dawg
10-05-2014, 07:03 PM
It's all Smiths fault. He is the reason we lose every week and must be the reason for our cheaply run defense.

Big Poppa Payne
10-05-2014, 07:04 PM
Yup, losing Devito, DJ, and not having Berry on the field has hurt us a lot.

All of this plus your offense has to help the defense out. You can't leave the d on the field for almost 42 minutes and expect them not to be gassed in the 4th.

OldSchool
10-05-2014, 07:05 PM
It's all Smiths fault. He is the reason we lose every week and must be the reason for our cheaply run defense.

Smith forced DJ to tear his achilles, same with Devito.

jspchief
10-05-2014, 07:17 PM
All of this plus your offense has to help the defense out. You can't leave the d on the field for almost 42 minutes and expect them not to be gassed in the 4th.
Chiefs were leading ToP most of the first half weren't they?

But yes, Reid had a chance to wear their D down with the run, but let them do it to us instead.

Shaid
10-05-2014, 07:20 PM
Missing the starting ILBs and elite SS seems to make things rough. Who'd a thunk it?

LMAO

Easy 6
10-05-2014, 07:21 PM
Yeah so they popped us a few times, everyone knows they're capable of that... the problem is that Reid went away from whats been working and GAVE THEM time to grind away like that.

Kaep sure as ***K didnt beat us, he was just as erratic and iffy as ever, but once Reid surrendered ball control it gave them a chance to get back into their original script, running the ball and letting him run play action... **** you Reid, **** you.

So mad at Reid right now its silly, way more than vs. the Titans.

OldSchool
10-05-2014, 07:25 PM
Chiefs were leading ToP most of the first half weren't they?

But yes, Reid had a chance to wear their D down with the run, but let them do it to us instead.

Yeah, that really sucked to see. That's why I hate when we give up even a little bit of a lead, Reid becomes way too pass happy when that happens and it kills us because:

1. We become extremely predictable.

2. We only have 1 WR who can win outside consistently (Bowe).

3. Reid has a tendency of going away from anyone who can physically dominate any opponent and use them as decoys while gameplanning for our mediocre players as the focal point. (He did this with Jackson in Philly).

4. Our pass protection isn't always up to snuff.

5. It takes away our best player, Jamaal Charles, without the defense ever having to do anything to counter him.

unlurking
10-05-2014, 07:27 PM
Yeah so they popped us a few times, everyone knows they're capable of that... the problem is that Reid went away from whats been working and GAVE THEM time to grind away like that.

Kaep sure as ***K didnt beat us, he was just as erratic and iffy as ever, but once Reid surrendered ball control it gave them a chance to get back into their original script, running the ball and letting him run play action... **** you Reid, **** you.

So mad at Reid right now its silly, way more than vs. the Titans.
Agreed, but it would have been nice to have an ILB worth a shit who could have limited Gore's effectiveness.

GoShox
10-05-2014, 07:27 PM
This certainly didn't help:

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/OKiD0nEJ1Tj/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

OldSchool
10-05-2014, 07:30 PM

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/OKiD0nEJ1Tj/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Good God Ford, all I could think at that moment was, " what the fuck are you doing?"

jspchief
10-05-2014, 07:31 PM

Omfg

OldSchool
10-05-2014, 07:33 PM
They are going to grill him over that play.

jd1020
10-05-2014, 07:33 PM
ROFLROFLROFLROFL

He should probably ride the bench for the rest of the year for that bullshit.

CoMoChief
10-05-2014, 07:34 PM
I about broke my TV when I saw Dee Ford completely getting fooled on that run and he was chasing someone away from the play...had no ****ing clue where the play was even at.

I saw Cassel to that too against the Saints in 2012. He shit his pants when the pocket caved a little and he turned around to look for a savior, but he didn't know where he was when he turned his body around and it ended up being in the opposite way facing directly towards the Saints endzone, and it took him a sec to realize where he was at and IIRC he scrambled and thew it away. What a shitty god awful QB he was.

Easy 6
10-05-2014, 07:34 PM
Agreed, but it would have been nice to have an ILB worth a shit who could have limited Gore's effectiveness.

Sure, our inside backers are wanting, but Reid could've compensated for them, he really could have... that fat bastard got cute once again and everyone who follows the NFL knew he'd do it.

55 needs taken out back and put down like a cowardly dog.

mcaj22
10-05-2014, 07:35 PM
and people want to cut Hali when Dee Ford looks like the defensive player version of Jon Baldwin out there

absolutely lost scheme wise

Rain Man
10-05-2014, 07:36 PM

It took me a minute to see it, but when I did I defecated bricks. WTF was that about?

kgrund
10-05-2014, 07:36 PM
I am so made tonight I could spit, but I even had to laugh on that one. That has to be one of those plays he is hoping they skip in the film session with rest of the team. :shake:

jd1020
10-05-2014, 07:37 PM
I am so made tonight I could spit, but I even had to laugh on that one. That has to be one of those plays he is hoping they skip in the film session with rest of the team. :shake:

Holy shit! How mad does one need to get before they spit?

9er guy
10-05-2014, 07:37 PM

Nice......Nice

unlurking
10-05-2014, 07:39 PM
Sure, our inside backers are wanting, but Reid could've compensated for them, he really could have... that fat bastard got cute once again and everyone who follows the NFL knew he'd do it.

No disagreement here.

CoMoChief
10-05-2014, 07:41 PM
and people want to cut Hali when Dee Ford looks like the defensive player version of Jon Baldwin out there

absolutely lost scheme wise

People dont "want" Hali to be cut.

People "understand" that he has to be cut next season in order to save the Chiefs about $10M in cap room so that other areas of need can be addressed. Chiefs have like 11 or 12 picks in the next draft too. There's going to be a major roster turnover. Some players are going to leave whether we like it or not: DJ, Bowe, Hali to name a few.

The whole entire reason Ford was drafted was to repalce Hali the following season. That decesion was made before or on draft day.

thabear04
10-05-2014, 09:09 PM
Smith forced DJ to tear his achilles, same with Devito.

And McKnight.

OldSchool
10-05-2014, 09:11 PM
And McKnight.

Yeah, him too. He also gave Eric Berry a high ankle sprain and tried to take out Jamaal Charles for the season but Charles proved himself to be too great of a force for Smith to take out for more than 1 game.

Wallcrawler
10-05-2014, 10:38 PM
Our frauds at ILB are embarrassing. Constantly out of position, over pursuing, or just flat out getting bitch handled by the blockers.

I don't know how anyone thinks that we can comfortably let Hali walk with that dumbass Dee Ford out there as his replacement. Guarantee you his awareness rating should drop into the teens in the Madden roster update after that bullshit.

But, if a purge is coming, they might as well do it all at once while we've got picks, and we will be saving cash.

Tamba clears a big number, Bowe needs to GTFO and with his suspension his contract is no longer fully guaranteed, and as much as I love and as much as the Chiefs desperately miss DJ, I would go ahead and jettison him as well. 30 year old linebacker coming off a devastating injury and going to cost a pretty penny to retain.

Pay Houston, pray Ford can wrench his head from his ass, draft Bowe and DJ's replacements.

Exoter175
10-05-2014, 10:41 PM
I liked where JMJ/Nico were in the pre-season, and I wasn't a fan of Mauga, now I'm a bigger fan of Mauga, but I'm not a fan of the middle of our LB corps at all. Losing DJ ALONE is probably worth .7-.9 yards per carry average on the season increase against us, that's how bad his removal is to this team. We really need to hit up somebody to come save us before we gan ran down in the last part of the season when we are hunting for a Card trying to beat out the North/South for the spot.