PDA

View Full Version : Football Denvers Oldest Tradition, Continued

Buck
10-05-2014, 10:30 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/10/5/6915811/calais-campbell-hit-injury-dirty-play-cardinals-broncos

RealSNR
10-05-2014, 10:34 PM
It's about fucking time somebody didn't just try to avoid the feather rustle and actually spoke up about it, too. Bruce Arians is the man.

Valiant
10-05-2014, 10:40 PM
Doesn't matter it is not one of the NFLs precious QBs getting hurt.

Gadzooks
10-05-2014, 10:41 PM
Nice to see Arians step up on the topic.

If the players retaliate they get suspended. I remember Igor Olshansky punching some Donk O-Lineman for his dirty shit. (wish I could find the footage). It was so blatant that it was ridiculous.

ping2000
One day, the earth will open up, and their stadium along with all of their fans, coaches, and players will drop into hell as payment for the deal they have obviously made with Satan. Hoping that is Tuesday.

GoChargers
Pathetic. And of course, Donk "fans" are all trying to claim that it was an accident, as if they haven't been chop-blocking since the '90s.

Gadzooks
10-05-2014, 10:48 PM
Pathetic. And of course, Donk "fans" are all trying to claim that it was an accident, as if they haven't been chop-blocking since the '90s.

Oddly, Nalen admitted to trying to blow out Olshansky's knee in this article:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/24/tom-nalen-admits-trying-to-blow-out-igor-olshanskys-knee/

Not to mention the fact that Jamal Williams missed a year of his prime due to a dirty Donk block.

RealSNR
10-05-2014, 10:49 PM
Where the hell did Julius Thomas learn to block like that?

It wasn't with another team, because Denver is the only team he's ever known.

Was it when he was playing fucking basketball at Portland State?

GloucesterChief
10-05-2014, 10:52 PM
If you can't hit the QB below the knee or at the knee, you shouldn't be able to hit any other player below the knee.

The way to fix this is not fines, make the penalty a loss of downs. Offenses will clean it up real quick.

GoChargers
10-05-2014, 10:56 PM
Where the hell did Julius Thomas learn to block like that?

It wasn't with another team, because Denver is the only team he's ever known.

Was it when he was playing fucking basketball at Portland State?

He played football at Portland State as well. That being said, it's no coincidence that Donkey players are always involved in egregious chop-blocking... it's been that way for at least 20 years.

listopencil
10-05-2014, 10:56 PM
Learn the difference between a cut block and a chop block, people. Thomas' block today was illegal.

OldSchool
10-05-2014, 11:00 PM
Learn the difference between a cut block and a chop block, people. Thomas' block today was illegal.

Glad you agreed. It was a cowardly pussy block as well. I hope every Donkey tears an ACL.

Rain Man
10-05-2014, 11:00 PM
Nice to see Arians step up on the topic.

If the players retaliate they get suspended. I remember Igor Olshansky punching some Donk O-Lineman for his dirty shit. (wish I could find the footage). It was so blatant that it was ridiculous.

It was Tom Nalen, who was one of the dirtiest players on the second-dirtiest team in the league. (1960s/70s Oakland will always be the worst.)

The Calais Campbell attack is definitely a cheap shot, but it's about the 50th-dirtiest play I've seen from Denver. Romanowski, Nalen, Lepsis, Sharpe, Romanowski, Schlereth, Elway, Romanowski, and so on were all as bad or worse.

Gadzooks
10-05-2014, 11:08 PM
What about Romanowski? That guy was a dirty bitch.

Rain Man
10-05-2014, 11:10 PM
What about Romanowski? That guy was a dirty bitch.

Him, too.

Al Bundy
10-05-2014, 11:11 PM
Broncos fans are such shitheads. They would be furious if one of their guys got hit with a "cut block".

listopencil
10-05-2014, 11:11 PM
Glad you agreed. It was a cowardly pussy block as well. I hope every Donkey tears an ACL.

I was pissed and bitching at him through my TV set when he did it.
<script status="whitelisted" id="yarip-default-script" type="text/javascript">var yarip = { $: function(xpath) { var arr = []; var xr = document.evaluate(xpath, document, null, XPathResult.ORDERED_NODE_SNAPSHOT_TYPE, null); if (xr) for (var i = 0; i < xr.snapshotLength; i++) { var e = xr.snapshotItem(i); if (e && (e.nodeType !== 1 || !/^yarip-/.test(e.id))) { arr.push(e); } } return arr; }, run: function(fun, xpath) { var arr = this.$(xpath); if (arr.length > 0) fun.call(this, arr); } }</script><script status="whitelisted" id="yarip-element-script_www-chiefsplanet-com_0" type="text/javascript">yarip.run(function (array) { for (var i = 0; i < array.length; i++) { var element = array[i]; console.debug("Found element:", element); } }, "//div[@id='1412308378175']"); </script>

listopencil
10-05-2014, 11:13 PM
Broncos fans are such shitheads. They would be furious if one of their guys got hit with a "cut block".

Yeah, because no one has ever performed a cut block, ever, in the history of the NFL, except players in the Denver organization.
<script status="whitelisted" id="yarip-default-script" type="text/javascript">var yarip = { $: function(xpath) { var arr = []; var xr = document.evaluate(xpath, document, null, XPathResult.ORDERED_NODE_SNAPSHOT_TYPE, null); if (xr) for (var i = 0; i < xr.snapshotLength; i++) { var e = xr.snapshotItem(i); if (e && (e.nodeType !== 1 || !/^yarip-/.test(e.id))) { arr.push(e); } } return arr; }, run: function(fun, xpath) { var arr = this.$(xpath); if (arr.length > 0) fun.call(this, arr); } }</script><script status="whitelisted" id="yarip-element-script_www-chiefsplanet-com_0" type="text/javascript">yarip.run(function (array) { for (var i = 0; i < array.length; i++) { var element = array[i]; console.debug("Found element:", element); } }, "//div[@id='1412308378175']"); </script>

Gadzooks
10-05-2014, 11:15 PM
I was pissed and bitching at him through my TV set when he did it.

In terms of Broncos fans, you're an aberration.

Eleazar
10-05-2014, 11:19 PM
It would be interesting if someone did it to manning on an int return or something. Totally legal and fair and all.

listopencil
10-05-2014, 11:20 PM
It would be interesting if someone did it to manning on an int return or something. Totally legal and fair and all.

Manning got the tackle today on the goofy INT he threw during an attempted screen pass.

listopencil
10-05-2014, 11:23 PM
In terms of Broncos fans, you're an aberration.

Well me and my kids, all five of us, were bitching about it today. The four of them played youth football.

ChiefsFanatic
10-05-2014, 11:25 PM
Too bad this isn't the NFL of the 70's, because Thomas would either be afraid to make that block because he wouldn't want the same thing to happen to him, or the same thing would happen to him.

This is why I like that the National League doesn't have the DH. If all pitchers had to hit, batters wouldn't get thrown at as much.

listopencil
10-05-2014, 11:26 PM
Too bad this isn't the NFL of the 70's, because Thomas would either be afraid to make that block because he wouldn't want the same thing to happen to him, or the same thing would happen to him.

This is why I like that the National League doesn't have the DH. If all pitchers had to hit, batters wouldn't get thrown at as much.

It was a bullshit move on his part.

GoChargers
10-05-2014, 11:28 PM
Yeah, because no one has ever performed a cut block, ever, in the history of the NFL, except players in the Denver organization.

Nobody's done it as frequently as Denver, that's for sure. And that's not even considering the other cheating that the Donks have done.

listopencil
10-05-2014, 11:29 PM
Nobody's done it as frequently as Denver, that's for sure. And that's not even considering the other cheating that the Donks have done.

So...you still don't grasp the difference between a legal cut block and an illegal chop block?

ChiefsFanatic
10-05-2014, 11:30 PM
It was a bullshit move on his part.

I haven't seen any highlights other than the GIF. Was he even flagged? He should be suspended for every game the other player misses.

listopencil
10-05-2014, 11:31 PM
I haven't seen any highlights other than the GIF. Was he even flagged? He should be suspended for every game the other player misses.

He caught a TD on the play, which was called back, because he was flagged for a chop block.

GoChargers
10-05-2014, 11:31 PM
So...you still don't grasp the difference between a legal cut block and an illegal chop block?

The Donkeys' players certainly don't grasp that difference.

listopencil
10-05-2014, 11:32 PM
The Donkeys' players certainly don't grasp that difference.

You're flailing.

GoChargers
10-05-2014, 11:33 PM
You're flailing.

No, flailing is what Denver receivers do in the refs' general direction after they drop a pass.

listopencil
10-05-2014, 11:35 PM
No, flailing is what Denver receivers do in the refs' general direction after they drop a pass.

You're either a poor troll, a dumb person or someone who doesn't understand some of the basic rules of football. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're just bad at trolling.

Buck
10-05-2014, 11:37 PM
George Foster? Do you remember that name? I believe he's the guy that did one of those "legal" cut blocks on an opposite facing Jamal Williams in the early 2000s that tore a ligament and caused him to miss the rest of the season.

If I remember correctly, Tom Nalen also performed a "legal" cut block on Igor Olshansky on a play where Denver was spiking the ball to stop the clock.

GoChargers
10-05-2014, 11:37 PM
You're either a poor troll, a dumb person or someone who doesn't understand some of the basic rules of football.

So what you're saying is that Horseface will offer me a contract tomorrow?

listopencil
10-05-2014, 11:38 PM
So what you're saying is that Horseface will offer me a contract tomorrow?

Yes. Fly to Denver immediately. Your dreams have come true.

GoChargers
10-05-2014, 11:39 PM
Yes. Fly to Denver immediately. Your dreams have come true.

Cool, can't wait to start "legally cut-blocking" everyone in practice! :clap:

Rain Man
10-06-2014, 12:01 AM

If you're talking about Welker, maybe he got a bad batch of cocaine.

listopencil
10-06-2014, 12:08 AM
If you're talking about Welker, maybe he got a bad batch of cocaine.

Molly helps with the concussions, yo. Don't be hatin'.

MagicHef
10-06-2014, 12:33 AM
He caught a TD on the play, which was called back, because he was flagged for a chop block.

No, that was the other Thomas that caught the TD. It would be pretty impressive to go to the ground blocking someone, then get up and catch a 70+ yard TD.

listopencil
10-06-2014, 12:37 AM
No, that was the other Thomas that caught the TD. It would be pretty impressive to go to the ground blocking someone, then get up and catch a 70+ yard TD.

Are you sure? I thought it was him at the time and this USA Today article says it was:

"Clady was flagged for the chop block, a penalty flag that wiped out a 77-yard touchdown pass from Peyton Manning to Demaryius Thomas."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2014/10/05/bruce-arians-denver-broncos-dirtiest-play-nfl/16787301/

It also says that Clady was flagged, which would make sense because Thomas was actually the first one to make contact with the defender so technically Clady created the chop block.

MagicHef
10-06-2014, 12:44 AM
Are you sure? I thought it was him at the time and this USA Today article says it was:

"Clady was flagged for the chop block, a penalty flag that wiped out a 77-yard touchdown pass from Peyton Manning to Demaryius Thomas."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2014/10/05/bruce-arians-denver-broncos-dirtiest-play-nfl/16787301/

It also says that Clady was flagged, which would make sense because Thomas was actually the first one to make contact with the defender so technically Clady created the chop block.

Julius Thomas is the one who committed the chop block.

Demaryius Thomas is the one who had another huge TD taken away.

listopencil
10-06-2014, 12:46 AM
Julius Thomas is the one who committed the chop block.

Demaryius Thomas is the one who had another huge TD taken away.

Hah, herp derp, I was getting them mixed up in my head. My bad.

Eleazar
10-06-2014, 05:26 AM
Of all the nonsense rule changes in recent years to make the NFL more "flag football"ish, as most around here would say, I'm surprised the cut block hasn't been addressed.

kcxiv
10-06-2014, 05:31 AM
when something like that happens, they need to suspend the player until the injured guy comes back. Thats just bullshit.

Lzen
10-06-2014, 06:22 AM
If you can't hit the QB below the knee or at the knee, you shouldn't be able to hit any other player below the knee.

The way to fix this is not fines, make the penalty a loss of downs. Offenses will clean it up real quick.

The way to fix it would be to take out Peyton manning s knee.

rabblerouser
10-06-2014, 06:48 AM
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

That's just Denver.

MagicHef
10-06-2014, 07:20 AM
Ok, since this place doesn't always operate based on facts, I'll go ahead and mention that this is the first chop block penalty that Denver has had since 2010. In that time period, KC has been penalized 3 times for chop blocks.

Garcia Bronco
10-06-2014, 07:53 AM
Of all the nonsense rule changes in recent years to make the NFL more "flag football"ish, as most around here would say, I'm surprised the cut block hasn't been addressed.

Without cutblocks this game would be rather boring.

Every team cutblocks. Including the Chiefs

LoneWolf
10-06-2014, 08:08 AM
Ok, since this place doesn't always operate based on facts, I'll go ahead and mention that this is the first chop block penalty that Denver has had since 2010. In that time period, KC has been penalized 3 times for chop blocks.

How many times have the Chiefs been accused of being a dirty team? What about Denver?

Now go away and shut the fuck up.

petegz28
10-06-2014, 08:42 AM
Thomas should be fined, the block should be made illegal and the Refs should be watching for this more often as it occurs more than we think.

My take on it is this, however, Denver has a history of pushing rules just enough over the limit to not be called but in reality are still illegal. Kinda like there is holding on every play. This is dirty football and this is what set DT off on the Monday Night Meltdown. It's a signature of the Broncos to play dirty while acting like they are above it all.

The Chiefs got called yesterday because a guy being blocked by an o-lineman accidentally brushed his arm into the facemask of a QB. If that's illegal than these knee-shots should most definitely be illegal.

listopencil
10-06-2014, 09:44 AM
How many times have the Chiefs been accused of being a dirty team? What about Denver?

Now go away and shut the **** up.

Oh, you mean like back in the 90's when Marty put a bounty on QB's like Elway?

ThaVirus
10-06-2014, 09:47 AM
How long is Calais supposed to be out from this?

Skyy God
10-06-2014, 09:48 AM
How long is Calais supposed to be out from this?

3-4, I think.

listopencil
10-06-2014, 09:50 AM
Thomas should be fined, the block should be made illegal and the Refs should be watching for this more often as it occurs more than we think.

My take on it is this, however, Denver has a history of pushing rules just enough over the limit to not be called but in reality are still illegal. Kinda like there is holding on every play. This is dirty football and this is what set DT off on the Monday Night Meltdown. It's a signature of the Broncos to play dirty while acting like they are above it all.

The Chiefs got called yesterday because a guy being blocked by an o-lineman accidentally brushed his arm into the facemask of a QB. If that's illegal than these knee-shots should most definitely be illegal.

What set DT off is that he was dating Sharpe's ex. Sharpe infamously asked him, "How does my dick taste?"

petegz28
10-06-2014, 09:56 AM
What set DT off is that he was dating Sharpe's ex. Sharpe infamously asked him, "How does my dick taste?"

Yeah, no

ta900
10-06-2014, 09:58 AM

Now go away and shut the **** up.

Yes this coming from a forum fanbase that only last week had a poster proclaim one of his favorite chiefs v. patriots moments recently was taking out Tom Brady's knee. :LOL:

DanT
10-06-2014, 10:01 AM
That play does not look dirty to me. First of all, the tight end hit the defender first, then the tackle hit him. That's a "reverse chop" block. Secondly, the defender does not get to decide who hits him. That's the defender's fault for not protecting himself. So purely on the video, I don't consider that play from the tight end to be even borderline dirty. That looks to me like a good block.

On top of that, for me to consider a play to be "dirty", I'd also like there to be some fairly good evidence of intent. The Broncos linemen are claiming they didn't intend to both engage the defender. There is nothing about that play that makes me think the Broncos are lying about that. The dual engagement is a necessary element for a "chop block".

The technique of the defender on that play, by the way, was risky, in my opinion. If the tackle didn't hit him--and it doesn't look to me that the tackle hit him with anything more than the amount of force that fathers giving away their daughters at wedding use--there wouldn't have even been a discussion of the term "chop block", which has to do with nearly simultaneous engagement high and low. The injury to the defender was, in my opinion, the result of the low block from the tight end and the obliviousness of the defender to the possibility that such a block may be delivered. The tackle didn't cause that injury, but the fact that the tackle gently touched the defender is what made it a "chop block".

But I'm looking at this from the way that we used to play on the line of scrimmage when I was in high school back in the 80's. Maybe the rules are different nowadays, either in the letter or in the interpretation.

In general, though, I've never had any problems with the fact that the Denver Broncos block players on offense. That's what the hell you're supposed to do. And you don't need to get permission from defenders to block them, either.

petegz28
10-06-2014, 10:05 AM
That play does not look dirty to me. First of all, the tight end hit the defender first, then the tackle hit him. That's a "reverse chop" block. Secondly, the defender does not get to decide who hits him. That's the defender's fault for not protecting himself. So purely on the video, I don't consider that play from the tight end to be even borderline dirty. That looks to me like a good block.

On top of that, for me to consider a play to be "dirty", I'd also like there to be some fairly good evidence of intent. The Broncos linemen are claiming they didn't intend to both engage the defender. There is nothing about that play that makes me think the Broncos are lying about that. The dual engagement is a necessary element for a "chop block".

The technique of the defender on that play, by the way, was risky, in my opinion. If the tackle didn't hit him--and it doesn't look to me that the tackle hit him with anything more than the amount of force that fathers giving away their daughters at wedding use--there wouldn't have even been a discussion of the term "chop block", which has to do with nearly simultaneous engagement high and low. The injury to the defender was, in my opinion, the result of the low block from the tight end and the obliviousness of the defender to the possibility that such a block may be delivered. The tackle didn't cause that injury, but the fact that the tackle gently touched the defender is what made it a "chop block".

But I'm looking at this from the way that we used to play on the line of scrimmage when I was in high school back in the 80's. Maybe the rules are different nowadays, either in the letter or in the interpretation.

In general, though, I've never had any problems with the fact that the Denver Broncos block players on offense. That's what the hell you're supposed to do. And you don't need to get permission from defenders to block them, either.

right, just like when they run picks and as opposed to plain blocking guys, the WR spins around, acts like he is expecting the ball and falls back into the defenders then says "I thought the ball was coming to me" ROFL

listopencil
10-06-2014, 10:07 AM
Yeah, no

Yeah, yes.

DanT
10-06-2014, 10:07 AM
My previous post depends on the definition of a "chop block", especially the element of simultaneous or near-simultaneous engagement. Some fans are upset with Thomas because they consider what he did a "cut block". I do not have a problem with cut blocks in general, and especially not on the line of scrimmage, unless the player being cut is engaged already with another player above the waist, which would turn the legal cut block into an illegal chop block.

EyePod
10-06-2014, 10:09 AM
I always liked Clady's best move. Run at someone full speed and then roll on the ground at their legs. Pro-bowler.

listopencil
10-06-2014, 10:13 AM

Yes, you are correct, but (as I recently found out) it's called a "lure." In the rule book it is listed as one of the ways to chop block. It's enforced to help avoid injury and I have no problem with the penalty being called even though it appears to be unintentional.

DanT
10-06-2014, 10:18 AM
Yes, you are correct, but (as I recently found out) it's called a "lure." In the rule book it is listed as one of the ways to chop block. It's enforced to help avoid injury and I have no problem with the penalty being called even though it appears to be unintentional.

Thanks for the info, listopencil. It looks like you are correct about the "lure" concept being used in the interpretation of the "chop block" rule. (I'm not sure if it is or isn't in the rulebook literally, but it appears from this post to definitely be part of how the rules are interpreted!)

On Sunday, the officials flagged Broncos tight end Julius Thomas for an illegal chop block on Cardinals defensive lineman Calais Campbell. But even though Campbell wasn’t engaged high by left tackle Ryan Clady when Thomas struck Campbell in the knee, the NFL believes that a chop block indeed occurred.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/06/nfl-believes-hit-on-campbell-was-an-illegal-chop-block/

Per a league source, the NFL regards the hit as a violation based on the two factors previously identified here: (1) a “reverse chop,” where the low hit happens first and the high hit comes “simultaneously or immediately after the block.” Likewise, the league interprets the situation as a “lure”-style chop block, with Clady confronting Campbell in a pass-blocking posture as Thomas takes out Campbell’s knees.

While the league supports the decision to throw the flag (which will mean no snooty press release from the NFL Referees Association, because God forbid an official would get called out for making a mistake), it remains to be seen whether the NFL views the contact as something worthy of a fine. If Thomas isn’t fined, it’ll be hard for Cardinals coach Bruce Arians to continue to insist that it’s the dirtiest play he has seen in 37 years of coaching.

DanT
10-06-2014, 10:22 AM
I would be very surprised if the NFL levies a fine on that play. Just looking a the video provided in the topic-header, the block does not look "dirty". Perhaps NFL folks who knew more about the overall context of this game or the players involved would see it differently, though, so the NFL might surprise me and consider it a play that warrants a fine being levied.

listopencil
10-06-2014, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the info, listopencil. It looks like you are correct about the "lure" concept being used in the interpretation of the "chop block" rule. (I'm not sure if it is or isn't in the rulebook literally, but it appears from this post to definitely be part of how the rules are interpreted!)

On Sunday, the officials flagged Broncos tight end Julius Thomas for an illegal chop block on Cardinals defensive lineman Calais Campbell. But even though Campbell wasn’t engaged high by left tackle Ryan Clady when Thomas struck Campbell in the knee, the NFL believes that a chop block indeed occurred.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/06/nfl-believes-hit-on-campbell-was-an-illegal-chop-block/

I saw a pic last night of a rule listing it but I can't remember the source. I'll try to find it again.

listopencil
10-06-2014, 10:28 AM
CHOP BLOCK ON PASS (WITH “LURE”)
(3) On a forward pass play, A1 chops a defensive player while A2 confronts the defensive player in a pass-blocking posture but is not physically engaged with the defensive player (a “lure”).

http://www.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/15_Rule12_Player_Conduct.pdf

Red Dawg
10-06-2014, 10:29 AM
I hope Manning gets his ass hit low and gets taken out. That team does not deserve the wins they get.

Fugg them.

DanT
10-06-2014, 10:35 AM
CHOP BLOCK ON PASS (WITH “LURE”)
(3) On a forward pass play, A1 chops a defensive player while A2 confronts the defensive player in a pass-blocking posture but is not physically engaged with the defensive player (a “lure”).

http://www.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/15_Rule12_Player_Conduct.pdf

A-ha! Thanks for finding that term in the NFL rules! I hadn't seen it before.

I can see the NFL calling that a lure chop block, given the way the rule is written. I'd be surprised if they fine Thomas, though. The tackle was in a pose to block, that's for sure, so the rule was violated.

But did the tackle or the tight end do something "dirty"? The tackle didn't tempt the defender to engage him so that the tight end could cut him, it doesn't appear to me. Instead, it looks like to me like the defender had decided prior to the snap that he was going to stand up run at the tackle without protecting himself from one of the offensive linemen who was closest to him and was set up perfectly to deliver a blow to his legs.

DanT
10-06-2014, 10:42 AM
Campbell was actually line up over the tight end. If he hadn't taken the angle he had, then the offensive tackle might not have even "lured" him. That injury is, in my opinion, the result of a legal cut block being delivered against a defender who did not use good technique to protect himself. The Cardinals coaching staff needs to do a better job of teaching playing technique and less time whining.

(The cut block, by itself, would have been legal had there not been a "lure".)

listopencil
10-06-2014, 10:48 AM
No, it wasn't a dirty play it was just a dumb move by Thomas because he didn't get his blocking assignment right.

LoneWolf
10-06-2014, 11:20 AM
Yes this coming from a forum fanbase that only last week had a poster proclaim one of his favorite chiefs v. patriots moments recently was taking out Tom Brady's knee. :LOL:

That wasn't a dirty play. Pollard was being blocked and lunged towards Brady while being blocked. Injuries happen and Pollard's hit on Brady was legal at the time.

Garcia Bronco
10-06-2014, 11:20 AM
Thomas is an awful blocker. He didn't do that on purpose, but I am enjoying the butt hurt from the faithful in this thread. Me and donkey friends are having a chuckle at your expense. Apologies.

LoneWolf
10-06-2014, 11:21 AM
Oh, you mean like back in the 90's when Marty put a bounty on QB's like Elway?

So, have the Chiefs ever been accused of being a dirty franchise? The answer you're looking for is "no".

Garcia Bronco
10-06-2014, 11:21 AM
My previous post depends on the definition of a "chop block", especially the element of simultaneous or near-simultaneous engagement. Some fans are upset with Thomas because they consider what he did a "cut block". I do not have a problem with cut blocks in general, and especially not on the line of scrimmage, unless the player being cut is engaged already with another player above the waist, which would turn the legal cut block into an illegal chop block.

this, by the rules it was a lure chopblock.

Rule 16.3 I believe.

Garcia Bronco
10-06-2014, 11:23 AM
So, have the Chiefs ever been accused of being a dirty franchise? The answer you're looking for is "no".

During the mid 90's your team was diffenately a dirty team. Even Kimble Anders swas a dirty player on offense. But I let it go once we beat you in the playoffs and went on to win the Super Bowl.

alpha_omega
10-06-2014, 11:24 AM
Welcome to our world Bruce.

MagicHef
10-06-2014, 11:29 AM

So... the Chiefs are dirtier in recent years, yet don't have a reputation for it. That's a good thing by your logic?

Congratulations?

listopencil
10-06-2014, 11:32 AM

The answer you are avoiding is "yes." They have.

Old Dog
10-06-2014, 11:37 AM

I don't think you'll get a lot of argument that they don't actually CALL the penalties on Denver as often as they should.

listopencil
10-06-2014, 11:42 AM
I don't think you'll get a lot of argument that they don't actually CALL the penalties on Denver as often as they should.

The game yesterday was, in my opinion, poorly officiated. The refs weren't slanted for or against either team but they did miss some calls that I thought were obvious on replay. Of course if you watch a game with bitterness fueled by your tremendous bias you aren't going to see that. Sucks to be you, I guess.

Reerun_KC
10-06-2014, 11:45 AM

We did nothing dirty in the monday night meltdown game...

It was all a conspiracy from the NFL.

Old Dog
10-06-2014, 11:46 AM
The game yesterday was, in my opinion, poorly officiated. The refs weren't slanted for or against either team but they did miss some calls that I thought were obvious on replay. Of course if you watch a game with bitterness fueled by your tremendous bias you aren't going to see that. Sucks to be you, I guess.

I'm not 100% sure what you're referring to but I wasn't responding to you, I figured it would be easy to figure out as I quoted a different poster but I guess not. I've never had any issue with you whatsoever, you seem like the most level headed Broncos fan here. I didn't watch the Denver game yesterday as it was on at the same time as the Chiefs game and during commercials I flipped to the Orioles-Tigers.

Easy 6
10-06-2014, 11:51 AM
On page two of MMQB, Mike Pereirra makes it clear... the block was illegal and there a big fine coming down for it.

**** Denver, **** them.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/10/06/nfl-week-5-peter-king-monday-morning-quarterback/2/

MagicHef
10-06-2014, 11:51 AM

No, I think I won't face much argument because I actually am presenting facts, rather than biased opinions.

Please present some evidence of a chop block by a Denver player that went unpenalized.

listopencil
10-06-2014, 11:52 AM
I'm not 100% sure what you're referring to but I wasn't responding to you, I figured it would be easy to figure out as I quoted a different poster but I guess not. I've never had any issue with you whatsoever, you seem like the most level headed Broncos fan here. I didn't watch the Denver game yesterday as it was on at the same time as the Chiefs game and during commercials I flipped to the Orioles-Tigers.

Well, it seemed like you were implying that Denver gets some sort of unfair bias from the refs and that hasn't been the case.

listopencil
10-06-2014, 12:02 PM
Lost in all of this is that Denver may have just ushered in the Logan Thomas era for Cardinals football. Mother fucker threw an 81 yard TD pass against us on something like his third pass of his rookie season.

Garcia Bronco
10-06-2014, 12:39 PM
Lost in all of this is that Denver may have just ushered in the Logan Thomas era for Cardinals football. Mother ****er threw an 81 yard TD pass against us on something like his third pass of his rookie season.

Bruce Aryans was also a Virginia Tech QB

thabear04
10-06-2014, 01:40 PM
Denver's high-octane offense is preparing for the loss of its so-called bell-cow back.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday that the Broncos expect Montee Ball to miss time with a major groin injury suffered in Sunday's win over the Arizona Cardinals, per a team source. John Fox confirmed it's a groin problem for Ball at Monday's news conference.

Iowanian
10-06-2014, 02:06 PM
I wonder how the donks would feel if a DE dropped on the back of Manning's knee on his next interception...you know, just blocking.

Julius Thomas deserves any cheap shot he gets. I hope everyone tackles him very low or very high the rest of his career.

I think I'm going to learn how to be a hacker and pipe audio of Manning's parents doing dirty into his ear piece between every play.

F Denver Right in the P.

gblowfish
10-06-2014, 02:37 PM
Because.....Denver.

listopencil
10-06-2014, 02:44 PM
Denver's high-octane offense is preparing for the loss of its so-called bell-cow back.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday that the Broncos expect Montee Ball to miss time with a major groin injury suffered in Sunday's win over the Arizona Cardinals, per a team source. John Fox confirmed it's a groin problem for Ball at Monday's news conference.

Our line has to run block better or it doesn't matter who we have back there.

The Franchise
10-06-2014, 02:47 PM

2 weeks.

listopencil
10-06-2014, 02:47 PM
Bruce Aryans was also a Virginia Tech QB

Huh, imagine that. That might explain why he though the play was the dirtiest he'd ever seen. He was a pampered QB.

vailpass
10-06-2014, 02:50 PM
I hated that block. I have to believe Julius didn't mean to do that but it doesn't change it. Only bad spot on a spectacular game...

DanT
10-06-2014, 06:50 PM
On page two of MMQB, Mike Pereirra makes it clear... the block was illegal and there a big fine coming down for it.

**** Denver, **** them.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/10/06/nfl-week-5-peter-king-monday-morning-quarterback/2/

Thanks for the link, Easy 6 .

ODESSABRONC
10-06-2014, 08:12 PM

No it was Demaryius Thomas who scored on the same play.

okcchief
10-06-2014, 08:24 PM
I hope the outcry continues. They've always been dirty, cheap Bastards.

Fuck Denver!

ODESSABRONC
10-06-2014, 08:28 PM
I hope the outcry continues. They've always been dirty, cheap Bastards.

**** Denver!

Out cry? Whiny from butt hurt Chiefs and Chargers will have no impact what happens with J. Thomas.

okcchief
10-06-2014, 08:30 PM
Out cry? Whiny from butt hurt Chiefs and Chargers will have no impact what happens with J. Thomas.
Cheap shots on Manning would be preferred. You have a record of intentionally hurting players going back years. Other teams don't like you. Shocking I know.

ODESSABRONC
10-06-2014, 08:35 PM
Cheap shots on Manning would be preferred. You have a record of intentionally hurting players going back years. Other teams don't like you. Shocking I know.

You do butt hurt very well. Please continue. :thumb:

TribalElder
10-06-2014, 08:45 PM

It was the cardinals coach who brought it up dumbass

ODESSABRONC
10-06-2014, 08:50 PM
It was the cardinals coach who brought it up dumbass

Well dumbass the person I was responding to was crying also most as much as you are.

Simplicity
10-06-2014, 09:02 PM
Huh, imagine that. That might explain why he though the play was the dirtiest he'd ever seen. He was a pampered QB.

No wonder you guys are still being able to run illegal pick passes, Denver is a pampered team by the NFL.

Goes both ways.

oh btw... Don't touch Peyton... He's too valuable to the douchebaggery of Denver.

Simplicity
10-06-2014, 09:04 PM
Well dumbass the person I was responding was crying also most as much as you are.

ODESSABRONC is a main example of why you can't fix stupid.

listopencil
10-06-2014, 09:06 PM
No wonder you guys are still being able to run illegal pick passes, Denver is a pampered team by the NFL.

Goes both ways.

oh btw... Don't touch Peyton... He's too valuable to the douchebaggery of Denver.

I guess you missed those "illegal pick plays" that the Chiefs ran in a losing effort to the Colts last year in the playoffs. Did you not watch that game?

Simplicity
10-06-2014, 09:10 PM
I guess you missed those "illegal pick plays" that the Chiefs ran in a losing effort to the Colts last year in the playoffs. Did you not watch that game?

GIF them, I'd like to be bring these plays back to memory... Are there other games of this happening also? Or was it just the one? You know, because Denver hasn't been doing it week in and week out for the last 2 years.

ODESSABRONC
10-06-2014, 09:13 PM
ODESSABRONC is a main example of why you can't fix stupid.

Poor Chiefs fan it sucks to by you doesn't it?

listopencil
10-06-2014, 09:17 PM
GIF them, I'd like to be bring these plays back to memory... Are there other games of this happening also? Or was it just the one? You know, because Denver hasn't been doing it week in and week out for the last 2 years.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center/videos/Game-Day-Chiefs-vs-Colts-Highlights/2c700b23-f43b-46b6-b298-d200ed0d2b31

At about 06:25 in this video is an example of blocking during a pass play. I'm not going to bother digging through a bunch of videos and making GIFs. If you watched the game you saw it just as clearly as I did. If you watch the NFL regularly you will see every team do it. Because it's perfectly legal. Denver hasn't only been doing it for the last 2 years. They tried to implement a massive screen element just recently when McDouche was the Head Coach and did have some success with it. They've just gotten very good at it since Peyton Manning became a Bronco. Because he's very, very good.

Simplicity
10-06-2014, 09:22 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center/videos/Game-Day-Chiefs-vs-Colts-Highlights/2c700b23-f43b-46b6-b298-d200ed0d2b31

At about 06:25 in this video is an example of blocking during a pass play. I'm not going to bother digging through a bunch of videos and making GIFs. If you watched the game you saw it just as clearly as I did. If you watch the NFL regularly you will see every team do it. Because it's perfectly legal. Denver hasn't only been doing it for the last 2 years. They tried to implement a massive screen element just recently when McDouche was the Head Coach and did have some success with it. They've just gotten very good at it since Peyton Manning became a Bronco. Because he's very, very good.

Or because he's very, very pampered.

Simplicity
10-06-2014, 09:23 PM
Poor Chiefs fan it sucks to by you doesn't it?

I honestly don't know what that means... "Sucks to by you doesn't it"??? What?

listopencil
10-06-2014, 09:24 PM
Or because he's very, very pampered.

QB's have special rules that apply to them. Welcome to the NFL. You should try watching some games. It's fun stuff.

Simplicity
10-06-2014, 09:27 PM
QB's have special rules that apply to them. Welcome to the NFL. You should try watching some games. It's fun stuff.

No. Not every QB gets the luxury of Peyton Manning. Certain teams and certain players get the luxury. You wouldn't realize it because you are currently in it. It's understandable that you find it enjoyable. It's a shame that even pampering can't help you overcome a 43-8 deficit though.

ODESSABRONC
10-06-2014, 09:29 PM
I honestly don't know what that means... "Sucks to by you doesn't it"??? What?

It sucks to be you doesn't it?

Simplicity
10-06-2014, 09:30 PM
It suck to be you doesn't it?

Are you illiterate?

listopencil
10-06-2014, 09:32 PM
No. Not every QB gets the luxury of Peyton Manning. Certain teams and certain players get the luxury. You wouldn't realize it because you are currently in it. It's understandable that you find it enjoyable. It's a shame that even pampering can't help you overcome a 43-8 deficit though.

Sure, having a great QB like Manning is a luxury. It's great. Reminds me of having a great QB like Elway. Maybe some day in the future your team will have a great QB like Manning or Elway. Keep your head up little guy.

ODESSABRONC
10-06-2014, 09:33 PM
Are you illiterate?

No are you?

Simplicity
10-06-2014, 09:34 PM
No, are you?

fyp... You are awful at this.

ODESSABRONC
10-06-2014, 09:36 PM
fyp... You are awful at this.

You're a whiny little school girl who doesn't know much about football.

Simplicity
10-06-2014, 09:38 PM
Sure, having a great QB like Manning is a luxury. It's great. Reminds me of having a great QB like Elway. Maybe some day in the future your team will have a great QB like Manning or Elway. Keep your head up little guy.

I'm sure you feel good about your Peyton Manning. Too bad you only had the chance to appreciate his skill for the last 3 years of his career. It's a shame even buying him out couldn't bring a ring to Denver.

listopencil
10-06-2014, 09:39 PM
I'm sure you feel good about your Peyton Manning. Too bad you only had the chance to appreciate his skill for the last 3 years of his career. It's a shame even buying him out couldn't bring a ring to Denver.

It's cool. We're taking another shot at it this year. Elway sure turned out to be a hell of a FO guy didn't he?

Simplicity
10-06-2014, 09:39 PM
You're a whiny little school girl who doesn't know much about football.

I'm sure listening to you isn't going to add to my football knowledge either.

Go watch men's volleyball or something.

Simplicity
10-06-2014, 09:42 PM
It's cool. We're taking another shot at it this year. Elway sure turned out to be a hell of a FO guy didn't he?

I'll admit at least he's taking shots. The effort was there just nothing to show for it. But little buddy, keep your head up, I'm sure Elway will shape Brock Osweiler up to be a HOFer.

ODESSABRONC
10-06-2014, 09:44 PM
I'm sure listening to you isn't going to add to my football knowledge either.

Go watch men's volleyball or something.

No thanks watching you piss and moan is quite entertaining.

ODESSABRONC
10-06-2014, 09:46 PM
I'll admit at least he's taking shots. The effort was there just nothing to show for it. But little buddy, keep your head up, I'm sure Elway will shape Brock Osweiler up to be a HOFer.

Hey sport, what do the Chiefs have beyond "Mr. Average" Alex Smith?

Simplicity
10-06-2014, 09:47 PM
No thanks watching you piss and moan is quite entertaining.

Usually men aren't fans of watching other men piss but I guess it's whatever.

lewdog
10-06-2014, 09:48 PM
Simplicity doing work and owning tonight.

Keep it up kid!

Simplicity
10-06-2014, 09:50 PM
Hey sport, what do the Chiefs have beyond "Mr. Average" Alex Smith?

Aaron Murray. Someone who wasn't shit awful as a college quarterback. But hey, Brock has the size and a cannon... If you can teach the moron how to play the QB position, he'll be decent. But he's pretty stupid so... Good luck.

ODESSABRONC
10-06-2014, 09:52 PM
Usually men aren't fans of watching other men piss but I guess it's whatever.

You're a man?

ODESSABRONC
10-06-2014, 09:55 PM
Aaron Murray. Someone who wasn't shit awful as a college quarterback. But hey, Brock has the size and a cannon... If you can teach the moron how to play the QB position, he'll be decent. But he's pretty stupid so... Good luck.

Apparently you never watched Murray play.

Simplicity
10-06-2014, 09:56 PM
You're a man?

I am that of the male gender.

jfc, it's amazing that the fanbase is just as stupid as their 2nd string qb is.

Simplicity
10-06-2014, 09:56 PM
Apparently you never watched Murray play.

Apparently you haven't either.

ODESSABRONC
10-06-2014, 10:02 PM
Apparently you haven't either.

I did watch him play and he wasn't that great. It's clear you don't have high expectations. You would rather sit around pout how the Chiefs always get shafted. It's not realistic but if that's all you have...

Tombstone RJ
10-07-2014, 09:52 AM
and I give you Marty Ball!

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gtwBUcv-G2M?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Iowanian
10-07-2014, 09:54 AM
I can see why you wouldn't like that block.....since Carter didn't hit him from the back side of the knee and his jersey wasn't greased.

Tombstone RJ
10-07-2014, 10:01 AM
I can see why you wouldn't like that block.....since Carter didn't hit him from the back side of the knee and his jersey wasn't greased.

I can see why you are a moron.

Iowanian
10-07-2014, 10:05 AM
I can see why you wouldn't enjoy hearing that your team of choice are a horde of filthy, cheating, scumbags.

The Broncos wouldn't look any more dirty if Manning was filmed in a clip entitled "two elephants, One Helmet'.

MagicHef
10-07-2014, 10:07 AM

What? Your post makes no sense. Why would hitting from the back of the knee be worse? Then you're making the knee bend in the direction it's designed to bend.

Hitting the knee from the front, like Dale Carter was apparently so happy to do in that video, is what would force an unnatural movement and cause injury.

Tombstone RJ
10-07-2014, 10:13 AM
I can see why you wouldn't enjoy hearing that your team of choice are a horde of filthy, cheating, scumbags.

The Broncos wouldn't look any more dirty if Manning was filmed in a clip entitled "two elephants, One Helmet'.

you ok bro? :rolleyes:

Iowanian
10-07-2014, 10:23 AM
Dirty Denver Bronco Plays
http://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/samson-satale.gif?w=500&h=281

Iowanian
10-07-2014, 10:26 AM
Oh look, he's hit behind the knee

https://fbexternal-a.akamaihd.net/safe_image.php?d=AQAZnQmLGwy68nj1&w=470&h=246&url=http%3A%2F%2Flocaltvkdvr.files.wordpress.com%2F2014%2F10%2Fblock.jpg&cfs=1&upscale=1

J Diddy
10-07-2014, 10:31 AM
and I give you Marty Ball!

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gtwBUcv-G2M?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

where did he go after he left KC again?

Iowanian
10-07-2014, 10:31 AM
TJ Ward, throwing punch at down player
http://cover32.com/seahawks/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2014/09/PUNCH.gif

MagicHef
10-07-2014, 10:32 AM
Dirty Denver Bronco Plays
http://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/samson-satale.gif?w=500&h=281

Where did he go after he left Denver again?

Iowanian
10-07-2014, 10:32 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/shutdown-corner/former-denver-broncos-center-tom-nalen-admits-deliberately-234524356.html

Former Denver Broncos center Tom Nalen made a surprising revelation this week, admitting that he tried to injure a defensive lineman's knee on a specific play during his career.

The act itself shouldn't be all that surprising. Nalen had a reputation as a dirty player through his career, as did many of Denver's linemen in the Broncos' zone-blocking era. That he tried ruining San Diego defensive lineman Igor Olshansky's knee on a play near the end of a game in 2006 shouldn't truly shock anyone.

The fact that he would announce it publicly is pretty startling, however.

"I wouldn’t consider myself a dirty player," Nalen said at a press conference for his election into the team's ring of fame. "I know people will bring up the Igor Olshansky play in 2006, but if people will look at the play before that and realize why I did what I did—and even on that play, I missed the cut. Definitely I wanted to blow his knee out on that play, because of what happened the play before. But is that dirty? I don’t know. It’s revenge, kind of."

Rain Man
10-07-2014, 10:33 AM
TJ Ward, throwing punch at down player
http://cover32.com/seahawks/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2014/09/PUNCH.gif

Wow. What a Bronco thing to do. I bet Elway tells them to do that.

Rain Man
10-07-2014, 10:34 AM
Oh look, he's hit behind the knee

https://fbexternal-a.akamaihd.net/safe_image.php?d=AQAZnQmLGwy68nj1&w=470&h=246&url=http%3A%2F%2Flocaltvkdvr.files.wordpress.com%2F2014%2F10%2Fblock.jpg&cfs=1&upscale=1

Wow, that's really a Bronco thing to do. You'd think players would have more respect for each other.

Iowanian
10-07-2014, 10:38 AM
Not a bronco, but a bronco type block...cutting the back of the knee, resulting in injury

http://www.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/brian-cushing-ACL.jpg

Rain Man
10-07-2014, 10:43 AM
Good interview by independent third party Igor Olshansky.

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/beO_UUTxy-8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Iowanian
10-07-2014, 10:45 AM
Bryan Cox was a little upset with Dan Neil.....Cheating, dirty blocking Denver Bronco for breaking his leg.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/cox-livid-over-broken-leg-1.265308

"Any player would be angry."

In the third quarter of Sunday's game, Cox came across the field in motion and Neil followed soon after.

As Cox went after the ball carrier, Neil dove, apparently landing on Cox's left foot and pulling his body down with his right leg at an awkward angle.

While trainers attended to him, Cox was looking around the field for Neil. As he walked off the field, Cox was screaming.

On Sunday, Cox vowed to take out his revenge on Neil if they ever played again, saying, "If I ever play football again and I play against that guy, he's going to have a blown-out knee ... He had the audacity to ask me if I am OK. I am not OK."

On Monday, Cox arrived in the Patriots locker-room on crutches, with his right leg in a cast and his temper no less inflamed.

"I had a couple of experiences with that guy before," Cox said. "I'm going to get him.

"I don't care how long it takes. I'm going to get him."

No penalty was called on the play.

"It was a clip, there's no doubt about it," said Patriots coach Bill Belichick, who said he wanted the league to review the tape for a possible fine against Neil.

MagicHef
10-07-2014, 10:51 AM
Let's see... significantly more recent chop blocks committed, Shaun Smith, Flowers punching Brandon Marshall where it counts...

It seems like the Chiefs' extremely dirty play is by design, but whose? You keep rotating HCs and GMs. Maybe it's a mandate set by Hunt?

Iowanian
10-07-2014, 10:54 AM
I think it's obvious that making weed legal is contributing to the dumbing down of the Denver fan base....as if that was possible.

Easy 6
10-07-2014, 12:03 PM
Let's see... significantly more recent chop blocks committed, Shaun Smith, Flowers punching Brandon Marshall where it counts...

It seems like the Chiefs' extremely dirty play is by design, but whose? You keep rotating HCs and GMs. Maybe it's a mandate set by Hunt?

Pathetic deflection, the Chiefs arent even on the same radar screen with your team when it comes to cheating, dirty ass reputation.

MagicHef
10-07-2014, 01:08 PM
Pathetic deflection, the Chiefs arent even on the same radar screen with your team when it comes to cheating, dirty ass reputation.

It's pretty telling that Chiefs fans don't care about their team being dirty, they only care about the reputation of being dirty.

The Franchise
10-08-2014, 12:03 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>NFL fined Broncos TE Julius Thomas $8268 for his chop block on Cardinals DE Calais Campbell, per source.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/519902418877034497">October 8, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Clyde Frog
10-08-2014, 02:02 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>NFL fined Broncos TE Julius Thomas $8268 for his chop block on Cardinals DE Calais Campbell, per source.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/519902418877034497">October 8, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BS. They should fine him for the amount of time Campbell (based on his salary) misses and give him the money. Getting paid double to rehab probably makes having a cheap shot injury a little easier to deal with.

The New CBA really has weird ways of determining fine amounts. We probably have as good a change of figuring that out as we do figuring out the BCS computers ranking system.

warrior
10-08-2014, 02:16 PM
Bronco's have been taught to chop block for years somethings never change.